Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Zam Wesell Project being started

Page: 5 of 5
 inbredyokel
02-01-2003, 4:39 PM
If you're interested Marz, Aotctc would really like to have you as a modeler/texture artist. Just send me a pm or stop by the forums if you're interested (www.aotctc.com/forums) or to get more info.
 NeoMarz1
02-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
If you're interested Marz, Aotctc would really like to have you as a modeler/texture artist. Just send me a pm or stop by the forums if you're interested (www.aotctc.com/forums) or to get more info.

I may consider it. Mars out!
 __CKY__
02-02-2003, 12:17 PM
:eek: That is awesome,That is 0wnage, That is...Solid :D
 DarkLord60
02-02-2003, 6:28 PM
inbredyokel thats good that your recruiting but you can't just make someone a member you must tell anakin and he will do it.
 Ronin_Medjai
02-03-2003, 4:40 AM
Sweet marz! if you are the same marz who makes all those skins on jediknightii.net then you are like my Idol seriously you are making yourself bigger than Kinja probly alreay bigger than his rep. I run a small little organization that has the ideas to explode this community and we have some awesome ideas planeed ahead I use almost all of all of you talented peopls mods,skins,and maps for my JKOing and kudos to you all Maybe you can join these little projects I have coming up they are really something if you ever played on the zone you probly already know what I do my group is called RPI RolePlayers Inc. and our site is www.roleplayersinc.com) its under reconstruction that splash page I made day before yesterday gonna try and finish the interface tomorrow and get all the php and news scripts up the flash intro is almost complete as well. See you all soon Im sure of it. :bdroid2:
 NeoMarz1
02-03-2003, 9:35 AM
Originally posted by Ronin_Medjai
Sweet marz! if you are the same marz who makes all those skins on jediknightii.net then you are like my Idol seriously you are making yourself bigger than Kinja probly alreay bigger than his rep. I run a small little organization that has the ideas to explode this community and we have some awesome ideas planeed ahead I use almost all of all of you talented peopls mods,skins,and maps for my JKOing and kudos to you all Maybe you can join these little projects I have coming up they are really something if you ever played on the zone you probly already know what I do my group is called RPI RolePlayers Inc. and our site is www.roleplayersinc.com) its under reconstruction that splash page I made day before yesterday gonna try and finish the interface tomorrow and get all the php and news scripts up the flash intro is almost complete as well. See you all soon Im sure of it. :bdroid2:

Bigger than Kinja? Whoa... I don't know if I deserve that, but I appreciate it. I'm glad you like my skins. I hope that my name is getting a reputation for good work. Ive been an artist for so long, and rarely have I been "known" for anything. I guess I can only say one thing... Thanks:D it feels good to be appreciated! Mars out!
 inbredyokel
02-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
inbredyokel thats good that your recruiting but you can't just make someone a member you must tell anakin and he will do it.

Yes, I know. However, Anakin has asked me to recruit modelers and Marz was specifically mentioned. So the order does indeed come from central command ;)
 DarkLord60
02-04-2003, 4:25 PM
Very Well
 DarkLord60
02-04-2003, 4:26 PM
Ignore this
 DarkLord60
02-04-2003, 4:26 PM
and this
 Altus_Thrawn
02-05-2003, 9:03 PM
Zam is awsome, almost as awsome as this model.
This is plain great.
What can I say, excellent detail, no noticable errors.
 Altus_Thrawn
This is plain great.
 Altus_Thrawn
This is plain great.

Sorry about triple post, the comp froze up and did it. This was not done to increase post count. :(
 Altus_Thrawn
02-05-2003, 9:04 PM
This is plain great.
Same as above, comp froze. Sorry. :(
 t3rr0r
02-05-2003, 9:17 PM
simple solution... click edit... select the delete check box and press delete... voila.
 NeoMarz1
02-05-2003, 10:15 PM
:D****Good News!****:D

Zam has been skinned, just waiting for KSK H2O to post em on his site! Soon as he does I'll shoot the link! The skin looks good, but I will certainly do more to it! Just hope the rest of the process goes smoothly. Stay tuned for more info. Mars out!:D :D :D
 Altus_Thrawn
02-06-2003, 6:26 AM
Awsome. This model is really making good progress. Hopefully an excellent skin on an already excellent model. :)
 NeoMarz1
02-07-2003, 6:49 PM
Well... "KSK H2O" cant get the pictures up till he is through with personal business. Dont know when I can get the pics up, but I'll make sure they get posted. Anyone wants to be my "backup poster" let me know and I'll shoot the pics your direction. Guess I should get some webspace, huh? Mars out!
 Hekx
02-07-2003, 7:05 PM
I can help with webspace for pictures, just send them to me at ka_hekx@hotmail.com ;)
 __CKY__
02-07-2003, 11:40 PM
This is one fuxing awesome model dude :D
 Ronin_Medjai
02-08-2003, 5:27 AM
yeah i can host on my RPI server also if you want my email is lordsod521@hotmail.com I an take the pics for it if you dont have none yet neither or either way you want it.
 Hekx
02-08-2003, 11:03 AM
 __CKY__
02-08-2003, 11:11 AM
:eek: Holy **** that is amazing :eek:
 Bob Gnarly
02-08-2003, 11:17 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
 «¦gшt ѓшrзл?¦»
02-08-2003, 11:45 AM
That's ******* nice!?:eek: :eek: :eek:
 SupremePain
02-08-2003, 12:00 PM
wow holy crap thats nice....
 mace_sundancer
02-08-2003, 12:31 PM
wow, cool...
 12thMonkey
02-08-2003, 1:34 PM
Superb, and for a first model: unbelievable.
 SpYzEr
02-08-2003, 1:49 PM
:drop2: Holy ****! Marz, that looks amazing! Keep up the good work!
 Psyk0Sith
02-08-2003, 2:41 PM
:eek: ooooooh me like! :D, that's gonna be model of the week for shure when it's released!

I few pointers if i may...she seems to be a bit flat chested, the face is a bit squary and are you planning on modelling the hood or leave it textured? That's all, the rest is perfect!!.

I can understand some parts have lower polycounts given the fact she's got lots of extra polys for the veil, skirt and other accesories!.

How many polys by the way?
 nomad
02-08-2003, 3:07 PM
That's insane Marz!!
It's great to see someone that's great at skinning take on modelling and succeed there too.
That really looks amazing for a first model. (I mean, it looks really good, regardless... but for a first...)
Congrats so far. Now you've got all that weighting and fun stuff to learn about.
Good luck, I hope you pick it up and enjoy the whole process.

-nomad

May the force be with you
 boinga1
02-08-2003, 5:12 PM
:bored: you disappoint me marz...j/k :lol:

typical marz unbelievability on the skinning, looks very good with the model.
 Lord Tnuc
02-08-2003, 6:43 PM
Great job, Marx. That looks outstanding. By the way, I sent you a PM. Again, great job on Zam. She looks amazing.
 Matt-Liell
02-08-2003, 6:45 PM
That is absolutly amazing!:eek:
 NeoMarz1
02-08-2003, 7:46 PM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ
Here's the screenies:
(8 in all) :)

Excellent work Mars! :D

Thanks for posting Hekx! And thanks to everyone for the great comments. Like I said the model will be tweaked a little more, but for the most part I'm going to move into the next phases. I dont like to spend to much time on one thing, because it starts to feel old. I want the release of this model to feel new to me as well! It's my one flaw (impatience). Mars out!
 morphius_doh
02-08-2003, 8:01 PM
I have to agree that the face is too square. I think it has to do with the shape of the jaw line. The jaw needs to be angled a little more.

Another thing about the face is that it's either too pink or too pale. What needs to be done is to give her a better flesh tone.

One other thing: tubing, or whatever you call it, needs to come further down closer to the waste. http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/zamwesell/index_eu.html)
 Wudan
02-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Dang - one small question - can we use the model in AotC:tc?

I doubt we'd be able to model it quite as well.
 Altus_Thrawn
02-09-2003, 7:30 PM
That is just great. The veil could use some work, everything else is perfect.
If you are impatient, it is only after perfecting your work.
 NeoMarz1
02-10-2003, 9:44 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tnuc
Great job, Marx. That looks outstanding. By the way, I sent you a PM. Again, great job on Zam. She looks amazing.

In regards to the PM, check this out!
http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/)

http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp[/url])

This should help, Mars out!;)
 DarkLord60
02-10-2003, 4:26 PM
Originally posted by wudan

You never know, but yes we do need someone with your talent.
 NeoMarz1
02-11-2003, 9:15 PM
Originally posted by wudan

Well, It shouldnt be an issue. Ask me again when it's finished. Mars out!

:D*****Update*****:D
Just finished getting everything back together, I should already have some of the weighting done by this weekend. I guess this means were in the final stretch, but we'll see ;) Mars out!
 Hekx
02-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Just a quick question here; do you plan to make more models after Zam? There still isn't a Coleman Trebor model released. :(

Oh, and if you need a picture host, I can host them if you send me the pics. ;)
 NeoMarz1
02-12-2003, 8:17 PM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ
Just a quick question here; do you plan to make more models after Zam? There still isn't a Coleman Trebor model released. :(

Oh, and if you need a picture host, I can host them if you send me the pics. ;)

Yeah I plan on it... Someone else was working out a Coleman model earlier (several posts back it was mentioned). I may do him if nothing shows up in the forums soon! Adi Gallia was my next consideration, but I dunno. We'll see. Whoever I do, it will be someone cool (of course). So just watch this thread, towards the end I will make a decision. Mars out!
 Sounds Risky
02-14-2003, 5:56 PM
You could always skin Trebor for me Marz, if you'd be willing to of course.
 NeoMarz1
02-15-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Matt Shoemaker
You could always skin Trebor for me Marz, if you'd be willing to of course.
Oh there you are. Yeah, possibly. I'll get with you later (after this Zam project) Mars out!
 NeoMarz1
02-15-2003, 11:02 AM
****Zam Project Update****

Well, I did manage to get going on the weighting. Only one problem... My PC is giving me major performance problems (128 RAM). It's very hard to weight a model when things freeze up, so I'm looking into getting more RAM. On this point, I'm also looking for someone to weight this model (tilll I get the performance issues taken care of). A lot of my current contacts are working other projects, so we'll see where this goes. At any rate, I have been working on the other skin varients to include Desert, Congo, Tundra, and Night surveilance gear. The second version of Zam's Rifle is being tweeked to include better reticule, and Targeting Computer that was not modeled on V 1.0.

This project feels too huge at times, but it will get finished. Mars out!
 Psyk0Sith
02-15-2003, 2:25 PM
What kind of PC you have Marz?

I've got a PIII 1Ghz with 256 MB Ram and a 3D Prophet Geforce 3 running win2k...excellent performance when working on lower poly meshes (a P4 would be even better, but i'm not made of money!!!).

Before you buy more ram, make sure your settings are correct for the viewport. Running on the P3/AMD drivers or heidi is not as good as the Open GL extension of your card...if you happen to have a Geforce 2 or 3.

Do not display textures when working on the weighting...textures can really slow down the performance (depends on the machine too).

Ram could be the problem, but first check your viewport settings.

If no one else can help you, you can count on me, i dont want to see all this hard work (and awesome model!) get stuck at this point, when it is so close to being completed.
 Hellfire Jedi
02-15-2003, 2:25 PM
Keep chugging Marz your doing great!
I just got my comp working again!!! HOORAY
New motherboard new vid card 128mb of video memory on it :D 655ram w00t
i wish i could give you some marz =/
No money = me =/ But....
When I see people who are good at doing 2 things excellently I automatically think of YOU Marz.
 NeoMarz1
02-15-2003, 4:31 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
Keep chugging Marz your doing great!
I just got my comp working again!!! HOORAY
New motherboard new vid card 128mb of video memory on it :D 655ram w00t
i wish i could give you some marz =/
No money = me =/ But....
When I see people who are good at doing 2 things excellently I automatically think of YOU Marz.

Thanks man! that means alot, moooa just talked me into doing LODS. I wasn't going to but I'll give it a swing! Mars out!
 __CKY__
02-15-2003, 5:05 PM
Good to hear :D Good luck
Page: 5 of 5