Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Han Solo model in progress

Page: 2 of 5
 Arco
09-04-2002, 9:21 AM
hmmm veeeery nice dude. So yeah only problem I see with the blaster is that I can see the trigger and yet no finger. It just looks weird to me. I would lower it a bit and pull it back... yep indeed i'm an old hand at weapon replacements and yours is looking veeeeeery nice. Can't wait.

Arco:deathii:
 Major Clod
09-04-2002, 9:53 AM
There is a hand holding the gun, well there wasnt in that screen, but I put one in shortly after. I will try and get some new screens up soon, and I am thinking of releasing the blaster beforehand, as it is basically done now, just needs a little bit of polishing.
 Andy867
09-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Hey Major, I remember seeing a WIP from you about Legolas. I was wondering if you planned on finishing him after Han? cuz from just the early screenshots, the model looked promising.
 Major Clod
09-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I am considering doing legolas. The model wasn't really for JK2, actually it wasn't for any game in particular, but it wouldn't be too hard to port it to JK2. I'll think about it and see waht happens. Right now I've joined an unannouced project for the latest unreal engine, so I'll see how time treats me.
 Andy867
09-04-2002, 10:42 AM
Geez, EVERYone is going to Unreal... Raven had better do something, release a new Star Wars game with a better engine (Unreal perhaps :D).. FIrst Kinja, then I heard VolrathXP is going, Now Major Clod? MAN!!!.. But, its not like I can't see WHY... after reading up all about it, it sounds like an engine I could work with to make something, and I never make anything, cept doctored images (especially for P.E. in HS, and for Jedi Knight screens of models and skins, and how I would make them if I had any real skinning or modeling skills.

Anyway, I hope ya do make Legolas for JK2...
 Major Clod
09-04-2002, 11:34 AM
Okay, here are some shots of the pretty much final blastech model. Will most likely release it soon.

First Person (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/blastech01.jpg)

Third Person (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/blastech02.jpg)
 Andy867
09-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Hey Major, are you SURE you don't want to say for JK2, even with Unreal's new engine :D... PLLEEEASSEE?? lol... We need SOME modelers/skinners/modders/mappers to stay behind!
 Eets
09-04-2002, 12:10 PM
PLEEEASSSEEEE Clod!

Please stay with JKII, at least for a few more models!

Your work is some of the best I've ever seen. Your attention to detail is unparalelled! Staaaaaayy!!
 MaceWindu779
09-04-2002, 1:13 PM
I read that you are going to unreal ..... but i was wondering if before you do if you would plz make a Mace Windu Model... i found one being made but the author has disappeared so its probably going to never show... PLEASE make one you are an awesome modeler i would really appericaite it
 Darth-Nasty
09-04-2002, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by MaceWindu779
but the author has disappeared

No new posts for a week and suddenly you've "dissapeared" even when they've said there wont be many updates cos they are busy

Originally posted by MaceWindu779
so its probably going to never show...

have some faith. people dont make models so that they can stop making them when they are 80% done.

the people on these forums have no pateince
 Arco
09-04-2002, 2:07 PM
well that looks great now clod. Good one! On the unreal thing... I will move to that due to the better things that can be done with it. I may do a few more skins for jk2 (like some for mods etc) but really it's coming to an end now cos I am so bored of star wars skins!

keo718
09-04-2002, 2:09 PM
I read that you are going to unreal ..... but i was wondering if before you do if you would plz make a Mace Windu Model... i found one being made but the author has disappeared so its probably going to never show... PLEASE make one you are an awesome modeler i would really appericaite it

LOL.... I've seen you on a couple of threads/forums with this request. Believe me, alot of people want Mace Windu done. I too was dissapointed how the other project turned out. Clod, I'm not sure if you said your leaving JK2 as far as modeling but I hope not, you've done some excellent work. I really pray that you complete the Tusken Raider model too. But should you decide to leave, I must thank you for the models you have done. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
 TUX
09-04-2002, 2:51 PM
Wow MC. Do you live next to Harrison Ford or something? The mouth and nose are perfect! I can't wait to replace that stupid Bryar pistol. The Blastech also looks GREAT!

Thanks for all the hard work this obviously was (is). I can't wait!
 Xyphox
09-04-2002, 7:48 PM
Hey Clod sweet work, before you go to unreal could you hand the tusken model to someone else cuz it's sweet.
 Xyphox
09-04-2002, 7:55 PM
Hey Clod sweet work, before you go to unreal could you hand the tusken model to someone else cuz it's sweet.
 Darsha_x1
09-04-2002, 8:51 PM
clod what about your tuskin rader model ,is it dead ?
 §ith Lord
09-04-2002, 9:09 PM
Originally posted by Major Clod
The Tusken Raider will be released, I didn't do all that work for nothing. :)
 Uber Sith
09-05-2002, 7:53 AM
Han Solo rocks....And the DL-44 to...thats just to good

Clod. your tribute has been amazing man we all cant thank you enough. or for that case want you to leave hehehe

:D:D:D:D:D

If you do goto unreal....one model i thought you would really do well in is either a

Geonosis Padme!!!!!!, Zam Wessel, or even a Geonosian

We all admit it.... your one of the best around here :D
 KuBaN
09-05-2002, 6:50 PM
Call me picky, but one of those lines goin down his face from nose to cheak, one is longer than the other... unless that's just the sideways view and/or his face.

and do you plan on puttin any facial hair on him, if I recall he looked a lil more rugged :p
 _NinjaGaiden_
09-08-2002, 7:42 PM
Hey Major i was wondering if you had time to make a good ninja model..... if you can please respond to this post :cool:

im sorry i dont have many pics but almost everyone know what a ninja looks like http://www.entertheninja.com/multi_media/ninja_pictures/images/ninja_art/pic_ninjaart05.jpg)

If Possible make the clothing look like this pic except black
http://www.entertheninja.com/multi_media/ninja_pictures/images/ninja3/p_n3_05.jpg)

here is another reference pic
http://www.entertheninja.com/multi_media/ninja_pictures/images/pic_ninjawarriors.jpg)
 Xyphox
09-08-2002, 10:26 PM
There was a nice ninja skin at jk2.net, I forget what it was called. But that was a long time ago, you could try looking there, I'm not sure if it's still there or not.
 Major Clod
09-09-2002, 11:35 AM
Call me picky, but one of those lines goin down his face from nose to cheak, one is longer than the other... unless that's just the sideways view and/or his face.

and do you plan on puttin any facial hair on him, if I recall he looked a lil more rugged :P

Look closely at some Harrison Ford pictures, especially from the later films, you will see that one of those lines is actually longer than the other. :) Oh, and regarding facial hair, Han Solo was always cleanly shaven, he never had any facial hair. Maybe you are getting him mixed up with Indiana Jones?

I've been working on the skin for the last few hours, and this is how it has progressed from the first shots. The new version is on the right.

Han 6 (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han06.jpg)

This model should take significantly less time to release than the tusken, as it will be fairly simple to weight.
 inbredyokel
09-09-2002, 2:29 PM
Wow...a noticable improvement. I think the only thing that still looks off is the jaw. If I remember right it should be a bit more square and jagged below the ear. But you may not have gotten to that part, considering that he doesn't have an outer ear texture yet.
 t3rr0r
09-09-2002, 3:48 PM
it looks much better, except what happened to his vest pockets? and his shirt looks a little too clean now. ;)
 _NinjaGaiden_
09-09-2002, 4:15 PM
Major Clod you contenue to amaze me with your skills
 SithMaster01
09-09-2002, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by _NinjaGaiden_
Major Clod you contenue to amaze me with your skills

You just got here how could he continue to amaze you? And if you can skin and you want a ninja that bad that you would post a message about it in every thread you'd figure you would just skin another model to look like one!
 12thMonkey
09-09-2002, 4:45 PM
That is really looking so much like him. I can see a vast improvement, however the eye brows need to be more bushy.
 Xyphox
09-09-2002, 7:01 PM
Very nice the model is coming along very nicely! And what the heck!? You see my double posts up there? Well, I didn't post twice there must have be some glitch or something, cuz they're 15 mins apart.
 SithMaster01
09-09-2002, 8:20 PM
Whens the Blatech comin out?
 Scarlet Widow
09-09-2002, 9:38 PM
Err....the one on the right is the new one?

Am i the only one that thinks the one on the left looks a whole lot better? The only improvement on the right that i see is that the blaster holdster is textured.....the one on the left looks perfect to me besides that.. though the cloths needed more detailed. Doesn't look like Harrison Ford at all anymore.. :(

Though when looking at it as a whole it does look more detailed but if you look at individual parts it doesn't look very nice at all.
 12thMonkey
09-10-2002, 3:22 PM
Originally posted by Scarlet Widow
Err....the one on the right is the new one?

Am i the only one that thinks the one on the left looks a whole lot better? The only improvement on the right that i see is that the blaster holdster is textured.....the one on the left looks perfect to me besides that.. though the cloths needed more detailed. Doesn't look like Harrison Ford at all anymore.. :(

Though when looking at it as a whole it does look more detailed but if you look at individual parts it doesn't look very nice at all.

In some ways you are right the face is absolutley dead on but his clothing looks to new and clean. i prefered the darker messy look.
 Arco
09-10-2002, 7:42 PM
i'm really sorry if this is rude or anything. but I have done a quick 5 minute paint over to help you out.

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/han07-edit.jpg)

Now altho everthing is tecnically in the right place and correct you are falling short in a few simple areas. Mainly the cloth. Your cloth is quite simply overdone. All I did was take the smudge tool to it and smudge it around to make the creases less over the top. also most of the creases were pointles, just put them where they would appear naturally and ignore other places... also on the trousers at the knee you would just see the cloth bunching up due to the boots. it isn't skin tight so don't texture the knee. And when doing the waistcoat thing just think a big circle for the creases and do it around the armpit. Basically smudge em all together make sure they are in the correct places and you are there. It will take you 10 minutes. I also did bit of shadowing around the holster to make it less stuck on and since it is just resting on top of his tousers it wouldn't really make any creases. Hope that helps. as for the face... that is just SPOT on. Oh yeah before i forget the boots... just add a highlight coming down the middle and smudge in the highlight at the top... it makes em look a little better.

GREAT stuff you got goin'

Major Clod
09-10-2002, 10:15 PM
Cheers Arco, your inputs and paint overs do help a great deal. I've now done the ANH, ESB and ROTJ outfits, and he is ingame with facial animation. Now I need to focus on the sounds and a surprise version of the model that you will have to wait until the release to see :) Will post some screens soon.
 Andy867
09-10-2002, 10:41 PM
First this and the Tusken Raider, what's next in your line of fine looking models?! This model ALSO looks simply amazing... Even the harrison ford grin is there! When you do finish the model you can send it to JKII.Net with an attention that says

File Masters: Model

that way we know its a model to be posted, and not just screenshots. so, just send them to files@jediknightii.net with that attention notice, and one of the file masters, or myself, will get it uploaded and posted.
 sights0d
09-11-2002, 12:03 AM
I was wondering if you are planning on making the meshes available. I was making a Gallandro skin and really didn't enjoy making it on the Lando or the Chiss model. The holster really needed to be a thigh-mounted holster. I'm hoping that it will look good on your model.

Here's a pic of the skin:

http://www.geocities.com/sights0d/Gallandro2.html)

BTW... I know this isn't a skinning post. Just hoping to get access to the meshes.
 Major Clod
09-11-2002, 12:20 AM
Yeah I will most likely release a skin development kit with the model. There will be a few different surfaces to represent different items of clothing too.
 Toonces
09-11-2002, 12:30 AM
Major Clod, I'd be really intrested to see your setup for how you rigged the face for animation. I've been rigging Emperor Palpatine for facial animation and It looks quite good, but I have a few problems (especially with the eyes and forehead) that just dont look quite right

The model is looking great, every one of your models have blown me away, keep up the good work :D

Toonces
www.drivingcatstudios.com)