Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting to know each other

Page: 13 of 27
 Jason Skywalker
11-27-2006, 8:18 AM
Now Herbie, don't lie to newcomers, especially female newcomers, i know your fascination about them. :smash: :xp:

Welcome by the way. :)
 HerbieZ
11-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Youve got to hand it to me though, i did'nt say it this time... :smash:
 Diego Varen
11-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Now Herbie, don't lie to newcomers, especially female newcomers, i know your fascination about them. :smash: :xp:

Welcome by the way. :)

I don't know Jason, I thought Herbiez swang the other way, but let's not get into that. You know I'm joking :lol: Herbiez, if you're reading this.
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Youve got to hand it to me though, i did'nt say it this time... :smash:

say what O.o?
 Jae Onasi
11-27-2006, 1:09 PM
You'll have to forgive them, Alex--the boys get a little over-excited when a female joins the forum. :D

Welcome!
 Diego Varen
11-27-2006, 1:24 PM
You'll have to forgive them, Alex--the boys get a little over-excited when a female joins the forum. :D

Welcome!

I suppose that is true. There are some female members here, but not many. The only few I can think of are:

Jae Onasi
JediMaster12
Darth333
 Emperor Devon
11-27-2006, 1:25 PM

I am not an animal ruled by my baser instincts! :xp:

I bet RJM's reponse to that will be "We certainly do! :naughty:", though. :xp:

say what O.o?

His trademark line. It's "Hello there. I'm Herbie, by the way. When you hear what I have to say, you'll understand. :smash:"

Welcome to the madhouse, Alex! Some basic guidlines:

1. Don't talk to RJM unarmed. He wants to steal everyone's Mojo, and does it by posting hilarious remakrs.
2. Jae's a mom, and will type everyone's ear off with lectures on personal safety and all other mom-ish topics. When she and Jimbo post in the same thread (her hubby), beware.
3. Whatever my nemesis says about me, it's a lie.
4. You must choose a side in the feud between Jae and I.
5. Anyone who's username is in a bold font is criminally insane.
6. Female forumites are in some conspiracy. Nearly all of them are staff members, or have been granted favors by the staff.
7. New people always leave after I post this. I don't know why.
 JediMaster12
11-27-2006, 5:08 PM
I am not an animal ruled by my baser instincts! :xp:
I bet you are. After all we are animals if we look at it in terms of taxonomy. Men just happen to be the bigger animals. :xp:

I bet RJM's reponse to that will be "We certainly do! :naughty:", though. :xp:
Again. Typical male behavior.

1. Don't talk to RJM unarmed. He wants to steal everyone's Mojo, and does it by posting hilarious remakrs.
The best bet is to catch him off guard.

2. Jae's a mom, and will type everyone's ear off with lectures on personal safety and all other mom-ish topics. When she and Jimbo post in the same thread (her hubby), beware.
ED has it in for parental authority. He runs amok causing mayhem. It is he you should be aware of.

3. Whatever my nemesis says about me, it's a lie.
Believe it sister. ED's bad news to everyone here being the most evil of all the Ahtonuats. Everything is true.

4. You must choose a side in the feud between Jae and I.
Your own funeral should you choose. I am caught in the middle between these two and right now I am giving all I got to defend Jae

5. Anyone who's username is in a bold font is criminally insane.
Just strutting his feathers. Best to ignore comments like these.

6. Female forumites are in some conspiracy. Nearly all of them are staff members, or have been granted favors by the staff.
ED has it in for the female of the species. He harbors delusions of granduer that there isn't a single woman who could take him on. Personal recommendation is to let him vent his spleen. Eventually he will realize that he is being an ego maniac.

7. New people always leave after I post this. I don't know why.
Gee. I wonder why. :smash:

Welcome Alex to the Looney Bin and I hope that you have the courage to make it out alive. For a good tip, stick with Jae who is the Directrice of the Hotel Asylum. She serves some of the best pleasure inducement cocktails alive there.
 Emperor Devon
11-27-2006, 5:37 PM
Men just happen to be the bigger animals. :xp:

ED has it in for the female of the species. He harbors delusions of granduer that there isn't a single woman who could take him on.

My point is made. :xp:

Believe it sister. ED's bad news to everyone here being the most evil of all the Ahtonuats. Everything is true.

The fact I won the evilest Ahtonaut award in '05 and am slated to win it again in '06 is irrelevant. :p

Just strutting his feathers. Best to ignore comments like these.

Are you professing that those who choose to become moderators can be classified as sane!? :xp:

Oh, and one thing I forgot, Alex - if you're really crazy about KotOR, ask Jae about Hotel Asylum. :xp:
 JediMaster12
11-27-2006, 5:45 PM
My point is made. :xp:
If he ever had one :xp:

The fact I won the evilest Ahtonaut award in '05 and am slated to win it again in '06 is irrelevant. :p
Everything is relevant ED. I thought you would have known that considering that truth is relative. ;P

Are you professing that those who choose to become moderators can be classified as sane!? :xp:
Depends on your definition of insanity. My theory states that we are all crazy and that insanity is a relative term.

Oh, and one thing I forgot, Alex - if you're really crazy about KotOR, ask Jae about Hotel Asylum. :xp:
At least he got one thing right.
 Jae Onasi
11-27-2006, 6:15 PM
^
:lol: You two are just sassy tonight.
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-27-2006, 6:22 PM
uh huh :p. well,having read all this i have a few questions:

1. do i really have to pick a side, i kinda like being "switzerland" in situations like these :p ?
2. what is the hotel asylum?
3. when i become a moderator (sometime this week :p), could someone kinda mentor me :D ? hehe
4. can i just call emperor devon, devon? i would call him ED, but it throws me into a giggle fit :(.
 Anakin Skywalker
11-27-2006, 6:30 PM
I'd mentor you..... but i kinda just learned myself.... I'm not ready for an Apprentice. But i'm confident the Dark Side will serve me well.
 JediMaster12
11-27-2006, 6:32 PM
1. do i really have to pick a side, i kinda like being "switzerland" in situations like these :p ?
No you don't. ED is just a figment of the dark side. He is trying to gain the upper advantage in burning Jae

It is that little place inside our heads. Jae knows this place better than anyone.

3. when i become a moderator (sometime this week :p), could someone kinda mentor me :D ? hehe
Sure, ask Jae or an other mod. They will help you and forum members will point out bad posts and the like.

4. can i just call emperor devon, devon? i would call him ED, but it throws me into a giggle fit :(.
Sure. I think he has been called differently by different people. Just don't inflate his overgrown ego. He's got a big enough head.

You two are just sassy tonight.
Tell me about it. We have been going at it through the PMs. I am naturally sassy, at least when it comes to the skirmishes with my mom.
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-27-2006, 6:39 PM
how do you change the text under your name from registered user?
 Emperor Devon
11-27-2006, 6:47 PM
do i really have to pick a side, i kinda like being "switzerland" in situations like these :p ?

Depends... :D

Ah, yes...

It is place for only the wierdest of misfits of LF, that only the most crazy of them all go to.

It is managed by Jae (our resident 40-year old), known as the Head Fruitcake there. It is a luxurious asylum where you are locked within a padded room most days, and are attended upon by platoons of nice men in white coats. You get your own special jacket, though the sleeves are extremely long. But Jae thought up a solution to that dilemma, and the sleeves are tightly attached to the back part of it.

The drinks are fantastic. They're brightly colored, and have wonderful names like 'Thorazine Sunrize'. You get kind of confused after you have enough of them, though the Head Fruitcake likes it when you're that way.

Lastly, there are other locations. In additions to the normal (did I say normal? :xp: ) rooms, there are sewers many miles beneath the main structure. It is home to those poor souls whose minds have thought the unthinkable. At the bottom of these gaping pits, lies the gutter, where the most unthinkable of all beings resides:

REDJOHNNYMIKE.

It is in this blackest of pits that his mind rots away to unimaginable levels of filth, that exceeds even the capacity of Hotel Asylum's plant to treat. The solution has been to let him rot there, so nothing else may be contaminated.

Should you ever venture into that dark abyss of despair and ecnounter his mind, get away as soon as possible. Cover your ears, shut your eyes, close your mouth, and run. Follow this up by a 12-hour shower using various disinfectants, and you might be cured.

There is also a gigantic dome of Orlando Bloom pictures, that Jae denies every viewing. She [b]is/b] married to jimbofett66, after all... ;)

3. when i become a moderator (sometime this week ), could someone kinda mentor me ? hehe

Heh heh. It usually takes many months or an unhealthy amount of knowledge in some topics. :xp:

That and you have to kill someone. No joke.

4. can i just call emperor devon, devon? i would call him ED, but it throws me into a giggle fit

What's so funny about 'ED'? :D

Yeah, that's fine. A lot of people do.

You need to get 1,000 or more posts, be a moderator, or be a very contributive member to SWKnights. :)

@Jae, we are! She's starting to take up more of my PM space than you do! :xp:
 JediMaster12
11-27-2006, 6:47 PM
You have to have at least a thousand good, non spamming posts in order for you to change the title. So prepare for a wait in the trenches and post in response just make sure that they contribute. The mods love to sink your ship for the one-worders and posts that don't contribute to the discussion.
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-27-2006, 6:50 PM
:O, i guess i have a ways to go then *sighs*
 Anakin Skywalker
11-27-2006, 6:51 PM
Ok, sorry i suppose i misunderstood what she was asking..... I thought she meant modding not being a moderator
 Emperor Devon
11-27-2006, 6:52 PM
You have to have at least a thousand good, non spamming posts in order for you to change the title.

People always ignore my lengthy posts. I already answered that. :xp:
 JediMaster12
11-27-2006, 6:56 PM
People always ignore my lengthy posts. I already answered that. :xp:
So what? At least it can be heard again and preferable from a person nicer than you Evil Ahtonaut.
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-27-2006, 6:57 PM
Ok, sorry i suppose i misunderstood what she was asking..... I thought she meant modding not being a moderator

you were right, i was kidding about being a moderator but i was curious about changing the "registered user" thing
 Hallucination
11-27-2006, 9:30 PM
Velcomen to ze forums, ya!

1. do i really have to pick a side, i kinda like being "switzerland" in situations like these :p ?What I do is call Jae old and point out all of ED's spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors. That's the closest you can get to being neutral, unless you're equally friendly to both of them. :)
 Emperor Devon
11-27-2006, 9:56 PM
ED's spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.

Those are typos, blast it! My knowledge of the English language is flawless. :xp:
 Char Ell
11-27-2006, 11:08 PM
how do you change the text under your name from registered user?Welcome to LucasForums fellow Arizonian! :wavey: (even if you are from Wildcat country) :D
You have to have at least a thousand good, non spamming posts in order for you to change the title.True if you want a custom title. :D However XoXoXAlexOxOxO, if you post in this thread maybe you can charm :brow: matt-- into reinstating a range of preset titles as your post count increases instead of having to look at that blah "Registered User" title until you hit 1,000 posts and can create a custom title. LF used to have this system in place before the staff upgraded to vBulletin 3 but apparently it was a custom hack that couldn't be included in the upgrade. Yes, I too was once a "<1,000 posts" user but I haven't forgotten where I came from. :p :violin:

@ Emperor Devon - What in tarnation are you trying to do, o Most Evil One? Trying to scare another hottie off the boards? Don't you remember how long it took for the hawt-ness that is lukeiamyourdad to return? ;) Let's try not to repeat the mistakes of the past. :tsk: :dev11:
 Emperor Devon
11-27-2006, 11:20 PM
What in tarnation are you trying to do, o Most Evil One? Trying to scare another hottie off the boards?

I refuse to answer that. :D

(No, I'm actually not trying to. :))

Don't you remember how long it took for the hawt-ness that is lukeiamyourdad to return? ;)

Hawtness? I know his real gender. :xp:
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Welcome to LucasForums fellow Arizonian! :wavey: (even if you are from Wildcat country) :D
True if you want a custom title. :D However XoXoXAlexOxOxO, if you post in this thread maybe you can charm :brow: matt-- into reinstating a range of preset titles as your post count increases instead of having to look at that blah "Registered User" title until you hit 1,000 posts and can create a custom title. LF used to have this system in place before the staff upgraded to vBulletin 3 but apparently it was a custom hack that couldn't be included in the upgrade. Yes, I too was once a "<1,000 posts" user but I haven't forgotten where I came from. :p :violin:

well its ok, it was more curiosity than anything. i don't even know what name i'd use :p

also, i'm not originally from AZ so the UA/ASU thing is like blah to me :p
 JediMaster12
11-27-2006, 11:28 PM
That's the beauty of a custom title. It can be anything you want and it can reflect your insanity though in ED's case, he claims that he is sane. Not so if you ask me.
 Hallucination
11-27-2006, 11:35 PM
No one here has all their noggin 100% on their shoulders. ;)
 JediMaster12
11-28-2006, 2:36 AM
Really? I wouldn't have guessed with all the strange forumites and their strange posts, not that Hall is strange, unless a grammar troll counts...
 stingerhs
11-28-2006, 3:02 AM
welcome, Alex!!!

and to confirm/clarify a couple of things:
1. the mods are all crazy. i should know: i'm one of the mods. :dev7:
2. despite what ED says, he's really not that bad of a person...

...at least until he starts claiming that he's really a she.... :xp:
3. you never have to pick sides in anything as long as your spectating. honestly, that's just half the fun sometimes.

anyways, i was kind of curious: are you a bit of an online gamer?? i followed the link in your sig to your page, and you had that one bit posted up. if so, i was curious what kind of online games you prefer.
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-28-2006, 3:16 AM
welcome, Alex!!!

and to confirm/clarify a couple of things:
1. the mods are all crazy. i should know: i'm one of the mods. :dev7:

3. you never have to pick sides in anything as long as your spectating. honestly, that's just half the fun sometimes.

anyways, i was kind of curious: are you a bit of an online gamer?? i followed the link in your sig to your page, and you had that one bit posted up. if so, i was curious what kind of online games you prefer.

thanks :). i usually play mmorpgs, but there arent many in my price range (free :p ). the blog i had posted was a way to try & find some games i could play. i played a game called simcountry for a while & was having some fun, but the trial ran out & i don't really have the money for a pay game
 Rabish Bini
11-28-2006, 3:20 AM
No one here has all their noggin 100% on their shoulders. ;)

Mine is, kinda
*Picks brain off the floor and shoves it back in his head* :D
 stingerhs
11-28-2006, 3:30 AM
thanks :). i usually play mmorpgs, but there arent many in my price range (free :p ). the blog i had posted was a way to try & find some games i could play. i played a game called simcountry for a while & was having some fun, but the trial ran out & i don't really have the money for a pay gamehehe, i definitely understand. i've been a bit curious about World of Warcraft and the like, but the monthly fee is always a bit of a turn off. its even more of a turn off considering that i hail from a heavy FPS backround where the only fee you pay to play is the monthly bill to the local ISP.

Guild Wars is the only exception, although i haven't really taken the time to try it. given the number of times i've read about "game addictions" that seem to come with MMO's, i've stayed away from them so they don't conflict with my college schedule.

anyways, i've been getting into Medieval 2: Total War recently, and if you're ever up for a multiplayer match, just let me know. ;)
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-28-2006, 3:36 AM
i downloaded guild wars and got all excited about playing, until i ran smack dab into the $50 price for an activation key -.-
 stingerhs
11-28-2006, 3:39 AM
ouch. that stinks, but i'm sure there's gonna be somebody out there that's gonna say something like, "But it will pay for itself over time..." :rolleyes:

anyways, i'm off to bed. i've got myself a 9:30am class, and it's 3:40am on my end. this day can only be an interesting one. :whacked:
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-28-2006, 3:43 AM
:O, well goodnight & good luck
 Rabish Bini
11-28-2006, 3:49 AM
You probably have only 4-5 hours of sleep then.
 Jae Onasi
11-28-2006, 5:03 AM
ouch. that stinks, but i'm sure there's gonna be somebody out there that's gonna say something like, "But it will pay for itself over time..." :rolleyes:
They say the same thing about mandatory home and car repairs that nail you right before Christmas, too. :)

anyways, i'm off to bed. i've got myself a 9:30am class, and it's 3:40am on my end. this day can only be an interesting one. :whacked:

Your coffee pot will be doing overtime for sure today. ;P
 stingerhs
11-28-2006, 2:10 PM
Your coffe pot will be doing overtime for sure today. ;Phehe, you don't even want to know the half of it. :rolleyes:
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-28-2006, 2:17 PM
coffee is so bitter :X, i use soda and candy. besides, i'm short enough :(
 stingerhs
11-28-2006, 2:42 PM
^^^^
a bit of vanilla, chai spice, and a good helping of sugar usually suffices for most energy drink addicts that i know. besides, coffee has a lot more caffeine per mL than most sodas or energy drinks. ;)

i'm guessing that you're the type that prefers a Monster in the morning after a long night as opposed to an ol' fashioned cup of joe. hehe, been there and done that, too. :D
 JediMaster12
11-28-2006, 2:51 PM
Well I'm with stingerhs club. I have to have the coffee, especially when I pull the late nighters to finish the impossible term papers and project portfolios for three different classes.
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-28-2006, 3:03 PM
well maybe i won't have much of a choice when i get to college, but until then, no coffee for me :p
 Emperor Devon
11-28-2006, 3:22 PM

I can still get a chuckle out of what you said! :D

^ w-wha!?! :eyeraise:

But now that I know the truth... :naughty:

I still can't believe you bought it. :D

Hogwash! :xp:
 Josh
11-28-2006, 4:50 PM
Sorry to interrupt this lovely conversation, but I've been registered here for almost 3 months and I figured it's time to introduce myself. :p

Name: Josh

Occupation: Warehouse employee for a pool/christmas store (only work there during Christmas) and make minimum wage baby wohoo!! (we'll be seein that rise soon :))

Hobbies: Anything and everything Star Wars.

Favorite Games: KotOR 1 and 2, JK series, BF 1 and 2, Republic Commando, Empire at War, and Dance Dance Revolution (oh yea).

Favorite Songs: "White n' Nerdy" and "You're Pitiful" by Weird Al Yankovic and "Jack Sparrow", "Davy Jones", "The Kraken", and "He's A Pirate Tiesto Remix" by Hanz Zimmer....heheh.

Favorite TV shows: "Whose Line Is It Anyway?", "Family Guy", "Futurama", and "The Fresh Prince."

Favorite Movies: Star Wars Ep. 3, 5, and 6, Pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 2 (bet you couldn't tell I liked that one from 4 of my favorite songs eh?), all of Adam Sandler's movies (except for Little Nicky, I hated that movie), and the original Planet of the Apes series :p.
 Mace MacLeod
11-28-2006, 6:42 PM
Hey Josh, hey Alex, wassup. Welcome to Ahto, home of us people with far, far too much free time on ours hands. :D

@EagerWeasel: So you're a prequel trilogy fan, rather than an Original Trilogy fan...ouch. Beware old farts like me if you venture into the movie discussion area of LucasForums...

@Alex: Wow. You got two whole pages of welcome posts, and stingerhs even spruced up his avatar for your arrival. Heh heh...there's a lot of testosterone with no place to go around here, and there are maybe about 6 or 7 female posters who regularly contribute to the proceedings. It's a nice little chuckle to see all the single guys falling over each other to drop off their digital equivalents of flowers and candy. "Hey! A girl!" :hearteye: :hearteye: :hearteye:

In response to the 4 questions you had:
1) Jae and ED may say they're nemeses, but for all intents and purposes, they're pretty much the same person 90% of the time. Just follow the general forums rules, and you'll be fine.
2) Hotel Asylum: I dunno, some theoretical place where you can be goofy without embarrassing yourself. *correct me if I'm wrong, guys*
3) To be a LF moderator, you have to have about 98745 billion posts and go through some weird, high-level masonic ritual, IIRC.
4) Call him devon, call him ED, just don't call him Nancy. :D
 XoXoXAlexOxOxO
11-28-2006, 7:09 PM

now i'm forced to call him Nancy :(. and hi josh :)`
 Emperor Devon
11-28-2006, 7:30 PM
1) Jae and ED may say they're nemeses, but for all intents and purposes, they're pretty much the same person 90% of the time.

What about our duel thread, then? :xp:

I dunno, some theoretical place where you can be goofy without embarrassing yourself. *correct me if I'm wrong, guys*

It is place for only the wierdest of misfits of LF, that only the most crazy of them all go to.

It is managed by Jae (our resident 40-year old), known as the Head Fruitcake there. It is a luxurious asylum where you are locked within a padded room most days, and are attended upon by platoons of nice men in white coats. You get your own special jacket, though the sleeves are extremely long. But Jae thought up a solution to that dilemma, and the sleeves are tightly attached to the back part of it.

The drinks are fantastic. They're brightly colored, and have wonderful names like 'Thorazine Sunrize'. You get kind of confused after you have enough of them, though the Head Fruitcake likes it when you're that way.

Lastly, there are other locations. In additions to the normal (did I say normal? :xp: ) rooms, there are sewers many miles beneath the main structure. It is home to those poor souls whose minds have thought the unthinkable. At the bottom of these gaping pits, lies the gutter, where the most unthinkable of all beings resides:

REDJOHNNYMIKE.

It is in this blackest of pits that his mind rots away to unimaginable levels of filth, that exceeds even the capacity of Hotel Asylum's plant to treat. The solution has been to let him rot there, so nothing else may be contaminated.

Should you ever venture into that dark abyss of despair and ecnounter his mind, get away as soon as possible. Cover your ears, shut your eyes, close your mouth, and run. Follow this up by a 12-hour shower using various disinfectants, and you might be cured.

There is also a gigantic dome of Orlando Bloom pictures, that Jae denies every viewing. She is married to jimbofett66, after all...

Being called 'ED' doesn't actually annoy me, you know. :xp:

@Josh, welcome to LF! :) I'd give you some survival tips, but they're already on the previous page.
 Josh
11-28-2006, 7:39 PM
Hi Alex, ED, and anyone else that might say hello in the future. And just to let you know, Alex, I'm not so desperate that I fall over myself in excitement whenever a girl shows up, so you'll see no drooling from me. You're probly too old for me anyway. :p

@Mace- Actually, I'm mostly just an episode 3 fan. 1 and 2 were really weak IMO. My order from favorite to least favorite is 3:6:5:2:4:1.
Page: 13 of 27