Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Page: 1 of 5
 Trex
11-29-2010, 5:08 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/376/tjmposter.jpg)

(Original mod : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=195653)

Well, it's about a year and a half since TJM was released, so I think it's about time to show everyone who keeps emailing me where I'm up to with it's revamp. It's hard to show where I'm up to in many ways since the expansions and improvements are more technical rather than visual, but here's a handful of screen shots to get started with.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3918/arenay.jpg)
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1432/92272842.jpg)
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4154/86220036.jpg)
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2825/90458174.jpg)

Improvements include :

- Fully voiced dialogue for everyone
- An expanded main storyline. The third quarter sends you off on quests to gather the Jedi Masters rather then Revan just calling out to them.
- More subquests for every planet
- Two new planets to explore. One is completed apart from finalising the subquests (a war torn world involving Iridonian mercenaries fighting off droid armies). The other I'm hoping to be Kashyyyk, which I am currently constructing, and which brings me onto my next item...
- ...All new areas. The 2.0 edition will include areas entirely made by me (large credit to Quanon's tutorial). The top screenshot from above is from an area which replaces the final boss fight at the end of the story. I'll add pictures of the other ones once I'm happy with them enough to show them off.
- Re re-textured areas of the ones I wasn't happy with.
- Journal entries
- New maps
- All new and improved cutscenes. I've gone out of way to learn some proper animating, and as a result the full motion videos look much better. There'll be battles, explosions and everything.

There's also loads of little things such as quests being more set and controled via booleons rather than items or similar. If you don't know what I'm talking about with that, it basically means there will be less bugs and glitches.

At this point I'm looking for volunteers who want to help out with two smallish jobs :

- New PCs

I am looking for people to create some new Player characters for the mod. This is just the heads and I need both male and female. Feel free to volunteer for this if you are enthusiastic but inexperienced, as I wrote the tutorial on the subject and can help you out if you get stuck.

- New underwear skins

Just like it sounds. I would like someone (or some people) prepared to create new skins for when the characters aren't wearing anything else. Again, both for males and females.

If you're interested in doing either, just reply in the thread or PM me. Also, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them.

In the meantime I'll be working on Kashyyyk and probably a new poster since I just noticed HK's leg is half missing...
 Canderis
11-29-2010, 5:16 PM
I would love to help with some skins. I have been trying to get back to modding, and skinning, right now, is the only think I feel like doing. PM me the specifics. Can't wait for this!
 LDR
11-29-2010, 5:19 PM
Yeah I'm interested too.
 N-5/Prudii
11-29-2010, 8:30 PM
Did I hear voiced dialogue? Yeah!!! The mod was great, but the lack of voice always annoyed me.
 harIII
11-29-2010, 8:47 PM
Has this been a long time operation that hasn't been publicized or have you just started? On a percentage scale how much do you think you have complete?

I know some of this information can be sensitive but I'm just wondering because I was thinking about giving TJM a second play through just to have enjoy something new and fresh but if this is what I think it is I'll just hold off and wait for the 2.0 product.
 Lord of Hunger
11-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Sounds like you have some major improvements made AND planned! Very glad to hear that you are working on this mod again.

Nice poster, btw! I like the new Syyth ship. :D
 Slstoev
11-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Epic! This was totally unexpected but I hope this will be a better than TJM 1.0.

I would like to see if there's some way to save or revive Revan from LS ending so it fit's a little more with TOR cannon. And don't let this turn into a debate why some KOTOR fans dislike TOR.
 Xarwarz
11-30-2010, 4:57 AM
Definitely looks epic gl
 Trex
11-30-2010, 5:02 AM
On a percentage scale how much do you think you have complete?

That...is actually a very good question. I haven't just started it recently, I've been intermittently doing parts of it ever since the 1.0 release. There's perhaps a possibility of it being done before Christmas, but it depends on a load of factors (like work and, well, Christmas).

I'll try and get some sort of chart together to show progress. I have next to nothing to do on Sunday, so I'll probably do a load of modding then a chart.
 Gatherum
11-30-2010, 5:06 AM
I suppose that I'll be the one to ask the inevitable, generic question...

Is there any possibility that this might be somehow compatible with TSLRCM? I am not very well-learned on the nature of total conversion mods.

Also, if there isn't, then I have another question: isn't there a way to have multiple installations of TSL? I'd love to play TJM; I just don't want to bork everything else in the process.
 Sith Holocron
11-30-2010, 5:40 AM
I suppose that I'll be the one to ask the inevitable, generic question...

Is there any possibility that this might be somehow compatible with TSLRCM? I am not very well-learned on the nature of total conversion mods.

It's a total conversion mod! Everything that TSLRCM alters would be altered again . . . in favor of its new matrix. Think of it as moving an engine from one car's shell to another.
 Gatherum
11-30-2010, 5:44 AM
Aye, I figured.

It would be really cool if there was a way to create a new menu at game startup with two options:

Play "The Sith Lords"
Play "The Jedi Masters"

But, since it has not been done, I can only assume that it is likely impossible, at least without major tinkering.
 salam263
11-30-2010, 6:47 AM
wooow! Just wow...... That is soo great!:thmbup1: And did i hear that right? Will there be fully voiced dialogue for EVERYONE? This is so awsome! I'm really looking forward to it!!:emodanc::nod::D

Edit: Oh, and another thing, you could reskin the green GUI to another colour like Logan23 and redrob41 are doing on RoR .....but i do not know if this is easy or very tough to do. You could alwayes ask them if you are intressed. :)
 Slstoev
11-30-2010, 8:22 AM
wooow! Just wow...... That is soo great!:thmbup1: And did i hear that right? Will there be fully voiced dialogue for EVERYONE? This is so awsome! I'm really looking forward to it!!:emodanc::nod::D

Edit: Oh, and another thing, you could reskin the green GUI to another colour like Logan23 and redrob41 are doing on RoR .....but i do not know if this is easy or very tough to do. You could alwayes ask them if you are intressed. :)

On the GUI could you make it red(sithish because of the theme of the mod) or silver?
 Trex
11-30-2010, 8:49 AM
On the GUI could you make it red(sithish because of the theme of the mod) or silver?

I actually tried turning it red for the 1.0 but it got very confusing when it came to combat since everything turns red there anyway. Maybe I could play around with different shades to make things stand out more.
 logan23
11-30-2010, 9:08 AM
Welcome back!
 storm-rider
11-30-2010, 9:15 AM
So will the graphics be vastly improved?
 harIII
11-30-2010, 9:19 AM
Aye, I figured.

It would be really cool if there was a way to create a new menu at game startup with two options:

Play "The Sith Lords"
Play "The Jedi Masters"

But, since it has not been done, I can only assume that it is likely impossible, at least without major tinkering.

There is a way you can get around this problem. The way I would do it is to make the pc spawn in a new module which you won't be able to see because a computer terminal style dialog will start when you enter. The dialog will pretty much ask you hey do you want to play The Sith Lords or The Jedi Master? Then whatever option you choose it will take you to the damaged Ebon Hawk or the first module of TJM.
 Darth Elessar
11-30-2010, 11:40 AM
There is a way you can get around this problem. The way I would do it is to make the pc spawn in a new module which you won't be able to see because a computer terminal style dialog will start when you enter. The dialog will pretty much ask you hey do you want to play The Sith Lords or The Jedi Master? Then whatever option you choose it will take you to the damaged Ebon Hawk or the first module of TJM.

Or you could install 2 copies of TSL; And, have one as TJM and the other remain normal. :) Sounds like it'll be cool.
 harIII
11-30-2010, 1:11 PM
Didn't know that was possible, I thought you could only install or uninstall a program not make 2 installations of it
 Darth Elessar
11-30-2010, 2:02 PM
Didn't know that was possible, I thought you could only install or uninstall a program not make 2 installations of it

Oops; I realized that I meant to say that one could make a copy of their TSL folder (where it is installed) and rename the copied folder to whatever & install TJM there. :o
 harIII
11-30-2010, 2:08 PM
Ah, that makes much more sense.
 Gatherum
11-30-2010, 2:35 PM
So that's how. Surprisingly simple.

But then, I sort of like harIII's idea. It doesn't seem all that farfetched that one could put that sort of thing right after the character creation screen. Would be an interesting experiment.

Still, I guess the fact remains that making a Total Conversion such as this would still modify a lot of the files that TSLRCM would work with, unless it was comprised ENTIRELY of new modules and maybe even .2da's. But then, that doesn't sound impossible either...just time-consuming. In the case of the .2da's and dialog.tlk, wouldn't it just be a matter of taking the TSLRCM-modified ones and editing them for compatibility?

Sorry, I'm no modder, and I don't mean to demand anything. I'm just looking for clarification.

The only other question that I have is: are Total Conversion mods such as this compatible with other mods, such as rebalances and reskins?
 Lord of Hunger
11-30-2010, 3:34 PM
To answer the first question, I believe it is impossible, but would be far more work than it would be worth.

To answer the second question, it honestly depends. The bigger the mod is, the greater chance of incompatibility. With total conversion mods, they are so great in their reach that so many effects can be changed.
 harIII
11-30-2010, 4:19 PM
As long as everything is installed by the TSL Installer it should work. What happens is that it would alter the necessary files for the original modules (for TSLRCM) and leave the TJM modules alone because the game treats them as separate things.
 Trex
12-01-2010, 12:16 PM
OK, I have two new small jobs for anyone interested. Both are voice acting roles.

- Role one : ten year old male. About ten lines.
- Role two : ten year old female. About ten lines.

You don't need to be ten or anything, just to vaguely sound it. You can even be an adult putting on a voice.

Is anyone interested?
 salam263
12-01-2010, 12:35 PM
alright, have i gotten this right... In the old stuff you had voices made by the computer and now you are going to have recorded voices also(?) How are you going to do with the characters (like Tsig) that have a few lines already, are you going to have the same voices as before and make more voices with the computer to them ...or are you going to replace the old ones with new recorded voices? Anyway, it sounds like you're doing a great job! :thmbup1:
 Trex
12-01-2010, 12:55 PM
It depends on the character. I'm replacing the old computer generated ones with voice actors for some of the ones that didn't work as well.

Tsig is actually still generated, although sounding different now, but she's meant to sound like a bit of a computer. All of her lines are voiced in this way rather than just the main ones.

Revan by comparison, has been completely replaced by an actor.
 salam263
12-01-2010, 1:10 PM
It depends on the character. I'm replacing the old computer generated ones with voice actors for some of the ones that didn't work as well.

Tsig is actually still generated, although sounding different now, but she's meant to sound like a bit of a computer. All of her lines are voiced in this way rather than just the main ones.

Revan by comparison, has been completely replaced by an actor.

really, that's great that you are replacing Revans voice, becouse he's a "really" big character in the mod :thmbup1:
It would be cool if you replaced Freddon Nads voice too, becouse i had a little problem hearing his voice becouse it sounds like he's mumbling, actually i thought he was talking sith holocron language ....but what ever you think is fine with me! =)
 Slstoev
12-01-2010, 8:24 PM
I'd like to try out myself since I'm not too old not to sound like a ten year old. Gonna drop a PM to be sure.
 Bane's Heart
12-02-2010, 8:49 PM
Hooray now I have 2 things to look forward to in KOTOR! In other notes I'd love to help with the 10 year old voice-acting as I happen to be 12 myself, just drop me a pm. I'm not sure how I'd go with other roles but I could try I suppose - good luck with the mod!
 harIII
12-03-2010, 4:40 PM
How many areas do you intend to build and add to TJM?
 TKA-001
12-03-2010, 8:33 PM
The original version of this mod didn't impress me in much beyond technical achievement (and its sheer scale), but if this revamp has as much polish as the OP claims, I'll strongly consider giving it a try. Good luck and all that.
 Trex
12-04-2010, 12:23 PM
How many areas do you intend to build and add to TJM?

There's five completely new modules added ;

- The villains private chamber/final boss fight arena
- 2 areas of Kashyyyk
- The Rhen Var battleground. This was in the original, but I've done something better.
- The senate

Plus other areas which are retextured old ones. The senate is the only one I'm yet to do anything on.
 jedi7000nathan
12-06-2010, 6:01 PM
Is HKs blaster going to get a description and icon because in game it is gibberish
 Trex
12-07-2010, 1:31 PM
Is HKs blaster going to get a description and icon because in game it is gibberish

Yeah, that was one of the earlier bugs I sorted.
 redrob41
12-07-2010, 3:01 PM

If you did it this way, wouldn't that come after the opening Star Wars title crawl and intro movie? I think that having separate folders for TSL and TJM is the easier way.
 harIII
12-07-2010, 3:52 PM
No, it wouldn't play multiple crawlers because the script to fire the movie is in the starting module of the game. Such as in TSL it was the Ebon Hawk (damaged one), in KOTOR it was in the Endar Spire.
 .:Lord Revan:.
12-21-2010, 2:37 PM
Man I have been waiting for this ever since i finished the 1.0 and wanted everting to be voiced. Keep up the good work.
 d3sd0
12-25-2010, 10:31 PM
If you would like I could do some skins. Could you PM me with more details??? I am very excited for this mod and would like to help in any way I can :)
 Drastic Improve
12-31-2010, 7:23 PM
How's everyone doing? I have been modding Kotor I and II for many years like many others and just decided to register on the forums :thmbup1:

For the past year I have been going back to modding and worked on Kotor II GUI, skinning etc. I was wondering if you would like any help or need any assistance with skinning for this project? Here are just a few basic pictures I took with a new menu and main menu for TSL. I left out the font color tga for this pic. I can change it to whatever color you want, include any textures you name it. Just let me know if you would like some help.

http://img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/7382/7382426af4fd58846f547b2d7a4ddcdda5d1f0f.png)
http://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/7382/7382285041b84d72f4e97dc7a8abc4be96d065e.png)
http://img9.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/7382/73824592396741aaa799f1352ec260b6b32c323.png)
http://img2.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/7382/738249231841e3774eccfbd1ca0c414852cd437.png)
 TriggerGod
12-31-2010, 7:34 PM
http://img9.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/7382/73824592396741aaa799f1352ec260b6b32c323.png)

http://img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/7382/7382426af4fd58846f547b2d7a4ddcdda5d1f0f.png)

http://img2.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/7382/738249231841e3774eccfbd1ca0c414852cd437.png)

http://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/7382/7382285041b84d72f4e97dc7a8abc4be96d065e.png)

Am I the only one not able to see the images? When I tried to copy the link to my browser, it gives me a 404, so could you upload them to somewhere else? I'm personally interested to see what you've done, but thats hard to when the images don't work!
 Drastic Improve
12-31-2010, 7:42 PM
Hmm odd :/ I uploaded them as png so I went and fixed it. Let me know if the problem is resolved or if anyone else is having difficulty
 Dak Drexl
01-01-2011, 12:53 AM
I can see them fine, I also think that would look very cool once you change the font color to something. Also since I just happen to be posting now, happy new years! :D
 salam263
01-20-2011, 10:53 AM
hi, everyone. i sent a email to trex and asked how everything's going with the 2.0 and he said that he has just came back from the hospital and got a gastro intestinal infection so he's not feelin' well but he'll continue his modding when he's feeling better. ..and he told me to feel free to tell everyone on the forum, so here i am.
 d3sd0
01-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Thank you I've been wondering what was going on poor Trex. Hope you feel better...
 LDR
01-21-2011, 5:41 AM
Trex, I hope you heal painlessly and quickly. Hope you get better.
 Marcus22Khaar
01-23-2011, 5:31 AM
It's so good to know this mod is going to see a new era. I'll be waiting for updates. Hope Trex gets better!!!
 Doctor-Hal
01-23-2011, 3:13 PM
Agreed, hope you feel better Trex, your work thus far has been astronomical and inspirational.
 bendarby24
01-23-2011, 4:20 PM
what you could do if you wounted to have tsl and this mod so you can chioce what one you wount to do, is make a nother button on the start menu and make a folder for this mod in the kotor direct and have a new overide, stream sound.... and make a link from that button to that folder in that game so you can have tsl in one bit and room for the jedi masters in the new folder ?
Page: 1 of 5