Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Page: 5 of 5
 Trex
07-10-2012, 4:35 PM
Okay then, is there anything specific you want to be done? I'm trying to get rid of roughness and the random pointy things jabbing out. Hopefully it will look smoother by the time I'm done.

No, that's basically all I was after. Just a more polished, sharper look.
 Trex
08-03-2012, 5:50 AM
So what did I loose from this thread...

There was a big post about ideas I was going to add to the mod while I'm waiting for voice actors.

One was about creating a face generator program. It was a seperate program you would start before playing TSL or TJM, which would allow you to select basic face shapes, skin tone, eye colour etc, then load it up into the game. I near abandoned this one though when it transpired how many thousands of different texture files I would have to create.

The second idea was to expand on the romance options available in TJM. Rather than have characters magically fall in love with you simply because to talk to them occasionally, you would have to declare your intentions. As the game progresses, if you have impressed them with gestures or certain quests, you can propose a 'date'. You will then spend some time at a cantina together, and should they like you enough, will agree to come back to your apartment.

At the apartment, there will be a few activites available, including something around the bed. Nothing explicit of course, it'll all be PG-13 certificate stuff, but I'll be playing with cameras and the fade in/fade out function.

As part of this, I decided I would create a penthouse apartment on Coruscant the player can receive. I have now finished this. Also had some problems with it that newbiemodder helped to fix.

Sound and lighting need to be fixed, but here's what I have right now :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVSys_HXX6Q)
 Zhaboka
08-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Beautiful!
 CptPriceless
08-03-2012, 12:57 PM
I dig it. Awesome job as usual trex :)
 tmandoo
08-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Oh hey, I was just wondering if you needed a voice for a robot or like an intercom lol. I was kinda wanting to try something out and was wondering if there was anything like that.
 razorxp
08-18-2012, 5:39 PM
this is awesome idea Trex .This be not conversion but This is be a kotor 3!!!! I Think but maybe Im wrong
 Trex
08-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Three new cool shiny things to show you today.

Let's begin with the new poster. The older one was alright, but I wanted to make something which matched up with the official posters for kotor 1&2.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/376/tjmposter.jpg)

Let's follow it up with the new trailer!

http://youtu.be/jH6q96zI3cs)

http://youtu.be/jH6q96zI3cs)

And finally, I also have a new website just for the mod (I want to keep my animation stuff and mod stuff separate). It still needs a few tweaks, but everything will be on www.the-jedi-masters.com).

Nearly all the voice actors have delivered their lines, so announcing a release date shouldn't be too far away (fingers crossed).
 newbiemodder
08-20-2012, 1:40 PM
Very nice Trex....fantastic work on all your space 'movies' in the clip.
 TWINKEYRUNAWAY
08-20-2012, 3:32 PM
dude...how did I miss this??? This looks fantastic!!!
 Christos K
08-20-2012, 5:27 PM
I think the poster could use a little bit of simple work. It's just that some of the colors pop out way too much and things like that.

Otherwise, very cool. Well done.
 Sith Holocron
08-20-2012, 7:13 PM
Three new cool shiny things to show you today.

Let's begin with the new poster. The older one was alright, but I wanted to make something which matched up with the official posters for kotor 1&2.

I approve of your use of the Trajan font on the poster. Now I'm off to see your trailer over at YouTube!
 CptPriceless
08-20-2012, 7:29 PM
Just listen to Tony the Tiger. They'rrrrrre GREAT!
 Ferc Kast
08-21-2012, 8:13 PM
Definitely looks very nice. :thumbsup:
 Trex
09-25-2012, 1:26 PM
Not much to say with the mod’s progress right now, except to say that it is progressing. Every woman is now fully voiced (hooray!), and the rest of the men are coming soon. All of the main characters are sorted, it’s just a case of people voicing the numerous smaller roles.

While I’m waiting for all that to happen, I though it might be fun to take a post to explain how exactly this mod came about and what exactly I was thinking when I started it.

Originally, I didn’t set out to do a mod this size. The first plan was more of an alteration to the ending.

I was going to change the end of the final level in TSL, so the player has the option of sparing Sion. After the fight with Kreia, he would then approach you and say he knows where Revan has been hiding. He would then join your crew (in Kreia’s place), and you would travel to the edge of the galaxy.

There, you find Revan waiting. He’s fallen to the dark side, is leading the ‘True Sith’ army, and is planning to return and conquer the galaxy. The rest of the mod then takes two routes.

If the player is dark sided, they could join Revan. You would then return to each of the main planets from Kotor2 and kill it’s ‘leader’ to destabilise them (or something. Remember, this never made it into any real production). So for Telos, Lieutenant Grenn, for Nar Shaddaa Vogga the Hutt, for dantooine whoever you sided with, and the same for Onderon.

If the player is light sided, you would have to firstly escape from Revan, but then return to each of the leaders and save them before the true Sith get there.

Whichever path the player chooses, after all of the above, Carth Onasi would organise a big battle which would take place on the open areas of Dantooine, and whoever wins frees or enslaves the galaxy.

If I’m trying to get to some sort of point here, I think it’s this : I believe a large part of the reason why I’ve managed to get so far with something this size is because I didn’t set out with a massive plan, then became disappointed by how much work would be needed to pull it off once I really understood all the modding stuff.

Even between the first full release of the mod and what I’m finishing up now, I’ve just been adding more and more small things.

So, that’s my advice for anyone wanting to try for a massive mod. Start off small. That way, it wont feel like as much of an impossible task, and if you feel confident, just keep on expanding until it takes on a life of it’s own. If it turns out you can only produce a smaller mod with a few new modules and a few side quests, then you can finish that and feel very satisfied, and trust me, even finishing a small mod and getting it released is a very satisfying experience.

Next time I may explain my idea for a Kotor1 mod I never got around to doing. It was a fun idea and someone else might want to give it a go themselves. :)
 Zhaboka
09-25-2012, 1:50 PM
Interesting perspective. Sort of the "bird-by-bird" approach to modding. Love the trailer! Very, very impressive stuff. I'm glad you're such a hard worker. Also glad someone else is finally using Quanon's modules besides Newbie. Both of you are utilizing them very well indeed!
 Slstoev
09-25-2012, 3:46 PM
Trex you had a very interesting mod idea at first. But still the product that came out of the idea was just as awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

And I don't know if it's too soon or insulting or something... but will you continue to mod?
 Trex
09-26-2012, 6:37 AM
And I don't know if it's too soon or insulting or something... but will you continue to mod?

I may end up doing some mods, though I doubt it will be anything on this scale.

I actually want my next big project to be a full blown game of my own design. I've been playing with UDK (the free release of the Unreal engine), and I'm getting pretty confident with it, so I'm hoping to build something of my own design and submit it to steam to try and get it released there.
 razorxp
09-26-2012, 10:58 AM
this is great plan for the future i hope your final mod be masterwork.i reading your first concept about mod no awesome but great story .your final story be better i think/
 Slstoev
09-26-2012, 3:27 PM
I actually want my next big project to be a full blown game of my own design. I've been playing with UDK (the free release of the Unreal engine), and I'm getting pretty confident with it, so I'm hoping to build something of my own design and submit it to steam to try and get it released there.

Will it be a Star Wars game? :rolleyes: Although you'd have to get license from LA about that. :¬:
 Zhaboka
09-26-2012, 6:50 PM
Yeah, easier to avoid THAT headache and create your own universe.
 Trex
09-27-2012, 5:07 AM
Yeah, I'm afraid I don't even know where to begin with getting the rights for something stars wars based.

It also won't be something quite as grand as TJM and a bit more puzzle based, but still scifi. With robots.

Think Portal 1.
 Slstoev
09-27-2012, 8:28 AM
Think Portal 1.

Yay! And yet hmm... :confused:
 Trex
09-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Yay! And yet hmm... :confused:

Lol. All I mean by the portal comparison is that it will have a similar length and be based on a fairly unique gameplay element I'm refining. No portals, but lots of time travel.
 Zhaboka
09-27-2012, 8:05 PM
OOOOOOOH. YEAH.
 Col_Zechs
09-29-2012, 11:18 AM
When is it going to be available for download?
 Slstoev
09-29-2012, 2:40 PM
When is it going to be available for download?

:wid:
 razorxp
09-29-2012, 5:15 PM
Col_Zechs trex not completed this mod you reading page 6 ???.trex complet this jedi master 2.0 and relase date be availibe.you uderstand
 Sith Holocron
09-29-2012, 7:32 PM
Col_Zechs trex not completed this mod you reading page 6 ???.trex complet this jedi master 2.0 and relase date be availibe.you uderstand

What are you trying to say?
 razorxp
09-30-2012, 1:59 PM
nothing sith holocron my english is bad and i say nothin to concern you
 Christos K
09-30-2012, 3:36 PM
Sorry but I had a good laugh reading those last few comments. Hahaha.
 tmandoo
09-30-2012, 10:10 PM
What are you trying to say?

He said that Trex hasn't finished this mod yet. Also he's wondering why this person has only read page 6. And he finishes by telling them that when it is ready the release date will be made available. :D
 Sith Holocron
10-01-2012, 4:11 AM
He said that Trex hasn't finished this mod yet. Also he's wondering why this person has only read page 6. And he finishes by telling them that when it is ready the release date will be made available. :D

Thanks for the translation. (But apparently, it's "nothing to concern me.")
 Blix
10-01-2012, 6:59 AM
If I may sound like a McDonald's commercial for a second, "I'm lovin' it".
 razorxp
10-01-2012, 9:05 AM
Now it does not matter sith holocron i talk to Col_Zechs about realese date
 blacklimoband
10-02-2012, 8:36 PM
If I may sound like a McDonald's commercial for a second, "I'm lovin' it".

Because I can't stand McDonalds...

"The mods are better at Holowan"

Nice work Trex... looking forward to this one :)
 Trex
11-09-2012, 5:25 PM
So, where am I now?

Every single line now voiced!
Every single cinematic, including end credits finished!

I've also finished the romance subplot I started on a few months ago. There are three romances for male PCs and three for the females, each with their own little 'date' in a cantina.

Every major bug for the main part of the game is now solved, the only thing I need to iron out all the creases in is the ending, which is being a big pain the bum right now.

The ending comprises of 31 small modules, 6 possible endings and up to ten times that the player character can switch to one of the other companions. Turns out there's a ton of stuff that can go wrong with that. It's not so much the things happening individually, so much as when many of them occur in a short space of time.

There's only a finite amount of things that can need to be fixed though.
 Sith Holocron
11-09-2012, 7:04 PM
Best of luck with working out that ending.
 MrBluevelt
11-10-2012, 3:44 AM
So, where am I now?

Every single line now voiced!
Every single cinematic, including end credits finished!

I've also finished the romance subplot I started on a few months ago. There are three romances for male PCs and three for the females, each with their own little 'date' in a cantina.

Every major bug for the main part of the game is now solved, the only thing I need to iron out all the creases in is the ending, which is being a big pain the bum right now.

The ending comprises of 31 small modules, 6 possible endings and up to ten times that the player character can switch to one of the other companions. Turns out there's a ton of stuff that can go wrong with that. It's not so much the things happening individually, so much as when many of them occur in a short space of time.

There's only a finite amount of things that can need to be fixed though.

I'm very excited for this. Seems like you've done all of this in an impressively short amount of time, and I'm optimistic it will pay off in a great KOTOR experience. More than two potential endings and relationship possibilities is really going above and beyond, so well-done!

Keep us posted. Can't wait to play it.
 Scorge
11-10-2012, 9:46 AM
Wow, i'm very excited as well, especially when you've been in the works with v2 for 2 years. [Less, or more?] This is going to be an amazing piece of work. :)
 LDR
11-10-2012, 1:25 PM
Congrats Trex! I'm proud to have beta tested this little slice of heaven.
 Zhaboka
11-10-2012, 1:25 PM
Holy lawd that sounds complicated. Good luck sorting through all of that! I can't wait for this sexy baby to be complete. Except I can. 'Cuz WID. But you know that I mean. Turn of phrase. Okay. I'm done.
 SS4Revan
11-22-2012, 11:17 AM
I just played the 1.0 of this mod, and it was epic. Truly epic, I really liked Tsig, and I hope that this 2.0 will not have those nasty loading screen bugs. I cant wait
 Trex
11-30-2012, 9:35 AM
Each of the six endings are now at the point where I can play through each of them in one go without the game crashing. I am now halfway through a thorough playthrough of a LS character, after which I'll be having one with a DS character.

After which, I shall be releasing the mod. Theoretically, I would only like to release TJM after every single tiny bug has been fixed, bug I don't think that's really plausible for a mod as large as this and with a team this small behind it. Even with myself and several bug testers repeatedly playing it from beginning to end, we could still be finding bugs by this time next year.

I therefore believe the sensible thing to do is release what I have to the public and then let them inform me of the bugs they find. It will be a very advanced beta, with the only real problems I expect will be typos, camera angles being weird etc.

The only serious bugs I can see occuring is with weird combinations of player choices, which happen across large peroids of time. For instance, if you fully complete your Jedi training, but decide you want to turn to the dark side in the final hour of the game, you may find something collapses. They aren't something I can see players finding very often though.

So, my LS playthrough should be finished by the end of the weekend, and hopefully the minor bug fixes and DS game will olny take a week or so. I'm thinking something like the 17th of December for a release so everyone can play during the Christmas holidays.
 razorxp
11-30-2012, 3:48 PM
trex that great news you ending your total conversion.some great news finally.
 Zhaboka
11-30-2012, 4:23 PM
You're a saint! Don't rush putting it out there like the last KotOR-related Christmas release, though. ;)
 Slstoev
12-01-2012, 6:21 PM
I'm thinking something like the 17th of December for a release so everyone can play during the Christmas holidays.

That's my birthday. :P
 Trex
12-07-2012, 3:49 PM
Just finished my full LS playthrough! Woo-hoo!

It was really awesome to go through the entire thing from beginning to end with every voiced line and cinematic movie.

According to my save game, it took 11h34m of gameplay to get to the end, so I'm also very satisifed at the length of it.

There were some troubles along the way, but I fixed them as I went. The only bugs remaining that I know of are where the sound files have gotten mixed up (Revan speaks, but it's bastila's voice that comes out etc). All very easy to fix, in fact I can probably do them all while having my cup of tea in the morning.

Next up, the dark side playthrough!
 Zhaboka
12-07-2012, 4:42 PM
AHHH EXCITEMENT. Good luck with your dark side baddie run-through!
 Scorge
12-08-2012, 9:22 AM
Awesome, I'm REALLY excited to play this mod when its released I loved the first one, and I bet you I'm gonna love this one. :thmbup1:
 Warlord664
12-08-2012, 9:41 AM
I never finished your first one because I've been waiting for this one to come out, i'm sure it will be awesome. I'm glad i'll something new and cool to play this christmas. You've done a magnificent job.
Page: 5 of 5