Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hunters W.I.P.

Page: 1 of 4
 Hunters Run
05-16-2010, 6:57 PM
Well, I finally got it to look good:

http://img200.imageshack.us/i/k200000.jpg/)

Revans flowing robe in TSL. A warning for you impatient ones. I work on this when I have the time. So please, don't ask when it will be done. It will be done in time.
 Kyr'am Galaar
05-16-2010, 7:16 PM
I have to ask this... Did you port Sithspecter's Revan into TSL? If you did the animations by yourself then kudos to you! :thmbup1: If not... :xp:
 VarsityPuppet
05-16-2010, 7:50 PM
Excellent job... if this indeed NOT ported.
 Lord of Hunger
05-16-2010, 7:53 PM
Ditto. This took Sithspecter ages, so if you did do it on your own then kudos.
 Hunters Run
05-16-2010, 7:55 PM
Good of you to ask. Originally I asked SS if I could port his animations to speed up time, but in the end decided against it as it was to much of an issue. As such each one is hand done so to speak. The downside of this is that it will take longer.

Quick edit- I am currently at the beginning. As such this will probably take a long time.
 Lord of Hunger
05-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Well it is good to know that you are doing this and doing it legally. Thank you for taking on this project, Hunters Run.
 Hunters Run
05-17-2010, 2:17 PM
Update- Unless I missed some all the utility animations are done. Will work on the combat animations next. On another note the weapons are missing their sound. Will pm Sithspecter for a solution. If anyone else knows the solution feel free to post it.
 Hunters Run
05-18-2010, 2:53 PM
update- Combat animations done- I think. The double saber animations might need more work. If your wondering how I got it done so quickly I am doing it by clipping issue not by frame. As such there are some I worked on heavily and some I left alone. Now I need some beta testers to tell me what a bad job I did :xp:. It will most likely be first come first picked, so if your interested pm me for more details.
 .:Lord Revan:.
05-28-2010, 2:12 PM
Steetness mod looks amazing can't wait for it to be downloadable. Keep up the good work. :D
 Hunters Run
05-28-2010, 2:34 PM
News, bad news and good news. I discovered that I missed the double saber animations and as such will be taking longer. To add to this I wasn't happy with the combat animations so I started a fine tuning process. As such it Is still a work in process. The good news is that the combat animations don't take that long to do, however they do add up. There are 23245 frames and about two thirds of them need to to be animated ( maybe less if you're lucky) As such it is long work going through each animation individually to see that there is no clipping. Work continues though.
 Hunters Run
06-01-2010, 10:40 PM
update- I am going to do something that I should have done a while ago. I am going to start over. Before you panic know that I'll be using obsidian's cape animations. Following the wonderful tutorials and experimenting I was able to transfer the bones of a cape from a supermodel to the revan model. However it may take me a while to set the bones in the right position. Right now I managed to successfully import the animations into the game but the results aren't the best. Ah well, I'll get it yet.

Apologies to the beta testers for the setback. I will get you the latest version when it is done
 VarsityPuppet
06-01-2010, 11:14 PM
update- I am going to do something that I should have done a while ago. I am going to start over. Before you panic know that I'll be using obsidian's cape animations. Following the wonderful tutorials and experimenting I was able to transfer the bones of a cape from a supermodel to the revan model. However it may take me a while to set the bones in the right position. Right now I managed to successfully import the animations into the game but the results aren't the best. Ah well, I'll get it yet.

Apologies to the beta testers for the setback. I will get you the latest version when it is done

How did you do this? Did you use my tutorial, or... ?

Anyways, please let me know how this transpired, as this could potentially be used in a number of other cases.
 Hunters Run
06-02-2010, 1:09 AM
Actually your tutorial is what gave me the idea in the first place. That and khrizby's Tutorial.

First import the model you want into 3ds max or gmax. Next import the model with the bones you want into another window. After this delete everything from the second model except the bones you need (in my case I had to many bones). The next step is to save that model. Merge the bones into your first model. Position them so that they are on the section of skin you want to animate. with that piece of the skin selected, go to the modify tab and delete the skin modifier. Next add a skin modifier. Scroll down, you should see a tab that states add. Click it. A pop up box will appear with the different bones. Select the ones you imported. To test it move one of the bones. The piece of the skin should move as well. from there use the other tutorials that deal with exporting and converting the binary model to an ascii.
 Rinku
06-02-2010, 7:18 AM
This looks very cool. Keep up the good work.

Now I really wish I had TSL.
 Nick Vader
06-02-2010, 1:17 PM
I want to see this finished. Revan's flowing cape in TSL? Totally worth a download. Although after sithspectre's one, I don't think you'll get praised as much as you deserve... IF, though your cape prooves to be good, who knows ? You might even win the 2010 mod of the year contest!

Good work, and I am looking forward to a release.
 Hunters Run
06-03-2010, 1:40 PM
update- I will release it as is. Thanks to Obsidian's animations the model is fully animated. Besides, I want to move on to something else- getting a semi brand new character model into the game. I actually have several ideas how to do this. Who knows if it will work. I will fix the sound issue on the revan model then release.
 VarsityPuppet
06-03-2010, 2:42 PM
If this works, you are my new hero!
 Holty1-5
06-03-2010, 3:27 PM
If this works, you are my new hero!

Need I Say More?
 Hunters Run
06-03-2010, 4:53 PM
update- I am trying to replace kreia with a stick figure. So far I have rendered her invisible. A step in the right direction I think.
 VarsityPuppet
06-03-2010, 4:56 PM
Quick question about Flowing Revan: Does he now have Darth Nihilus Animations, a.k.a., some missing animations?

EDIT: I refer to Nihilus' animations because he is one of the models in the game that has a cape.
 Hunters Run
06-03-2010, 5:33 PM
No, I got the animations from the supermodel with all the animations.On another note- now atton is invisible-except for his head. The best way to put it is that it reads my model yet it doesn't, e.g., it reads I changed something so it turns the model invisible yet it doesn't do anything else. Work continues.
 VarsityPuppet
06-03-2010, 6:04 PM
No, I got the animations from the supermodel with all the animations.

There are 3. Which one has the cape bones? or are we thinking of different bones now here? I know there are the robe bones, the one that make the back of the jedi robe go "Flooo!", but that's different from the cape. I dunno, I'm probably doing something weird or wrong.

On another note- now atton is invisible-except for his head. The best way to put it is that it reads my model yet it doesn't, e.g., it reads I changed something so it turns the model invisible yet it doesn't do anything else. Work continues.

Did you make sure those meshes are linked to the aurora base?
 Hunters Run
06-03-2010, 7:46 PM
Actually there are five. What I did was take some bones from the cape of the zhesion zha ( I really hope that's how it's spelled) armor and put it on the cape of the revan model. Imported animations from all five then saw it flowed. exported and put it into the game. The whole time I was expecting something to go wrong. Imagine my delighted surprise when it worked.

edit almost forgot- @VP- didn't make sure of that. thanks.
 Salzella
06-03-2010, 7:50 PM
update- I am trying to replace kreia with a stick figure. So far I have rendered her invisible. A step in the right direction I think.

lol :D keep up the great work so far. may need to re-install the games for all the awesome mods in progress now.
 VarsityPuppet
06-03-2010, 8:26 PM
Actually there are five. What I did was take some bones from the cape of the zhesion zha ( I really hope that's how it's spelled) armor and put it on the cape of the revan model. Imported animations from all five then saw it flowed. exported and put it into the game. The whole time I was expecting something to go wrong. Imagine my delighted surprise when it worked.

Well 2 male, 3 female, even though those name assignments don't really matter.. lol.

Thanks for the clarification. I figured it was something like that but I just wanted to make sure. 5 stars for efficiency my friend! :thmbup1:

On a side note though, it would still be nice to be able to use that crazy flowing cape on the Nihilus model or something. THAT would require alot of animation editing though, eh?
 Hunters Run
06-03-2010, 8:55 PM
Success! I replaced attons body with something weird.

http:
//img267.imageshack.us/i/k200005.jpg/ (http://img267.imageshack.us/i/k200005.jpg/)

This means someone with better modeling skills than me can replace characters with brand new ones. It might even be possible to not have to replace a character if you spawn it through scripting and give it it's own model.
 Kyr'am Galaar
06-03-2010, 9:04 PM
lolwut? What is he supposed to be, exactly???
 LDR
06-03-2010, 9:13 PM
lolwut? What is he supposed to be, exactly??? I don't know. Maybe a trash can?
 Hunters Run
06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Atton as a trash can :xp: Actually, it's a placeholder to show it can be done. Atton looks weird because for some reason his head stuck around. Kreia was fully replaced.

http://img139.imageshack.us/i/k200006.jpg/)

Imagine if I had the skills to create a whole new character model to replace her.

Create a model from scratch. Break it up into 4 sections- head, torso, 2 arms. import a model with the bones you want into 3ds max or gmax. click on the head,torso and arm sections and take note of what each piece of skin envelopes. Delete the skin leaving only the bones. merge both the bones and new model together. convert to mesh. Envelope each piece of skin with their corresponding bone- eg arm with the arm bones. you may have to import the animations for it to be animated. export convert from ascii to binary then put in override folder.
 redrob41
06-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Atton as a trash can :xp: Actually, it's a placeholder to show it can be done. Atton looks weird because for some reason his head stuck around. Kreia was fully replaced.

That might be because Kreia is a single model (both body and head included), whereas Atton has separate body and head models. I bet if you did the same thing to Atris, her head would be invisible too. Do they have goggle and mask hooks, as well as all the others (camera, lightsaber etc)?

This looks like a very interesting project you're working on. All the best luck to you :D
 Hunters Run
06-06-2010, 12:33 PM
The op in this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204145) thread thought it would be cool if the lightsabers would hang from the belt.Well, I did it, but the results are messed up. However, it's nothing I can't fix, but it will take time.
 Sith Holocron
06-07-2010, 3:07 AM
Here goes my obvious question: the mask removal animation and the special saber flourish that Revan used in the BIK isn't included in this, right?
 Hunters Run
06-07-2010, 9:05 AM
Actually the mask removal animation is included in the model already. However it is not on the model I animated. The flourish animation is harder. Since it is a BIK movie the animation wasn't included in the model. I could try to animate it though. I could use the challenge.
 Rtas Vadum
06-07-2010, 9:13 AM
Actually the mask removal animation is included in the model already. However it is not on the model I animated. The flourish animation is harder. Since it is a BIK movie the animation wasn't included in the model. I could try to animate it though. I could use the challenge.

The model you animated is the masked model, right? Would it take very long to do the same for the unmasked model? I know the hood wouldn't be animated(unless you want to do those as well), but having the cape move is better than nothing.
 Hunters Run
06-14-2010, 8:39 PM
update- Finished. Revans Flowing Robe (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q9QCN6ZL). It does look good if I do say so myself. Of course that's because Obsidian makes good animations.
 newbiemodder
06-14-2010, 8:50 PM
Congrats...downloading now...just want to confirm Rtas's comment from 6-7..it is the masked robe not the unmasked model
 Sith Holocron
06-14-2010, 9:22 PM
Could someone post a video of this mod in action?
 HdVaderII
06-14-2010, 9:40 PM
Impressive, very impressive! I haven't had time to test this out yet, but if it turns out to be like SS's version for K1, that's an incredible amount of work in so short a time.
 Sithspecter
06-15-2010, 8:21 PM
Were you able to get the cape to use Obsidian's cape animations or did you animate them like I did?
 Hunters Run
06-15-2010, 8:41 PM
Obsidian's cape animations. That is how I got it out so quickly.
 Isaac Clarke
06-16-2010, 6:13 AM
Can you do this for K1, too?

Edit: Just tried. This is really good. Could use improving, though.
 Canderis
06-16-2010, 9:50 AM
 Hunters Run
06-16-2010, 1:14 PM
If anyone sees any improvements to make don't hesitate to point them out. I only ask that if possible you say which specific animation needs improving on. I'd rather not go through every single animation again looking for problems.
 Isaac Clarke
06-16-2010, 6:39 PM
Sorry, I was in a hurry for a short trip. I was going to say, could use improvement, when the PC walks or runs the cape doesn't quite touch the feet, and if one foot hits the cape, the whole cape doesn't flap up, does it?

Um... http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...nd_Belt;107623)

Sorry. I wasn't thinking right. I already knew of that.
 Hunters Run
06-16-2010, 6:43 PM
Obsidian animations are like that. I may have raised the cape to high, however tbh it's to much trouble to go back through every animation and change it. Or another way of looking at it.....it's the wind, the wind I say!
 Seikan
06-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Of course, it's the wind!!! the PC ALWAYS run! so there is a lot of wind, plus he's a jedi using force speed, all the time, the game is just a little in slow motion! :D
 Hunters Run
03-23-2011, 7:58 PM
Wow, long time no post. So what have I been up to? Well.....

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2248/kotor0000.jpg)

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6853/kotor0001.jpg)

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6964/kotor0002.jpg)

http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/7430/kotor0003.jpg)

Warning: there are some clipping issues with the blades. Unfortunately, this will probably not be fixed unless I'm really lucky.
 Viado Onasi
03-23-2011, 8:12 PM
Those look nice!!
 newbiemodder
03-23-2011, 8:23 PM
Pretty cool stuff Hunter...nice job.
 LDR
03-23-2011, 8:34 PM
Those look great. :D
Page: 1 of 4