Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hunters W.I.P.

Page: 3 of 4
 VarsityPuppet
06-14-2012, 1:10 AM
1 - Fix the jaw animation on some the 'combat ready' stances for females. Sometimes the jaws are messed up. I don't remember which are the messed up ones, but I know 'double saber' ready stance is one of them.

2 - Fix the "lifted/choke" animation. The cape is not animated on the supermodel (plus the character is not lifted high enough to match up with Hanharr's "lift/choke" animation.

Other than that, I can't really think of any animations you might add... except for the ones I had mentioned before.
 Hunters Run
06-14-2012, 10:22 AM
@ SH A facepalm hmmm, done. Can you elaborate on the second one?
@ Canderis I'll see you one better. Playing pazzak, drinking, and just plain sitting, are animations that I added.
@ VP 1. Consider it done. 2. strange, it is the same animation as the one on the mira model so how come it isn't lifted high enough? consider it done.

I'll wait a week to see if anybody else has any requests than I will release it.
 Rtas Vadum
06-14-2012, 11:39 AM
@ SH A facepalm hmmm, done. Can you elaborate on the second one?

I don't know of a specific place in the game that might have it, but it is in a few. Mostly, in any instance the game has to change a character/model's direction, the animation that plays just turns the model around, pretty much by spinning it.

As for the Lift/Choke animation, I've notice that if you have Mira wear anything else but her default clothes(or at least, if she isn't using her default clothing model), Hanhar doesn't grab her by the neck. In her first possible appearance, it plays out fine. It's the one on Malachor that doesn't work, at least if she is wearing something other than her normal clothing.
 Fallen Guardian
06-15-2012, 1:29 AM
Maybe a sitting down "bored" animation, in which a character is sitting and has his/her head propped up by his/her hand.
 CptPriceless
06-15-2012, 1:53 AM
Twi'lek *Spinning* Blades
 Sith Holocron
06-15-2012, 3:12 AM
I don't know of a specific place in the game that might have it, but it is in a few. Mostly, in any instance the game has to change a character/model's direction, the animation that plays just turns the model around, pretty much by spinning it.

That's what I meant. (Thanks Rtas Vadum.)

This video shows a few examples of the character spinning. Sorry it's not a YouTube link - this was the best I could come up with.

The Hologram of G0-T0 speaks to an unconscious Exile (http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/videos/gameplay-programmer-approved-goto-start)

I thought that a good replacement to the spinning would be a standard "about face" maneuver. I found this video which may be helpful because it shows a few angles of it and it also has it in slow motion.

About Face Close Order Drill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1AJkfaK5OU)

I realize this is one of the most complicated requests of those asked for but if I didn't ask . . .

You might find this thread of interest for other ideas.
New Animations in KOTOR 1 or 2? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197203)
 Fallen Guardian
06-15-2012, 3:59 AM
That's what I meant. (Thanks Rtas Vadum.)

This video shows a few examples of the character spinning. Sorry it's not a YouTube link - this was the best I could come up with.

The Hologram of G0-T0 speaks to an unconscious Exile (http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/videos/gameplay-programmer-approved-goto-start)

I thought that a good replacement to the spinning would be a standard "about face" maneuver. I found this video which may be helpful because it shows a few angles of it and it also has it in slow motion.

About Face Close Order Drill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1AJkfaK5OU)

I realize this is one of the most complicated requests of those asked for but if I didn't ask . . .

You might find this thread of interest for other ideas.
New Animations in KOTOR 1 or 2? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197203)

It seems that the turnstile effect only happens when the characters aren't turning by a large amount, otherwise they do that standard floor tap with their feet as they turn... I'll see if I can find a video of what I'm talking about.

Also, speaking of that GOTO video, Hunters Run you may want to fix the animation for the cape as the PC lies down, as shown in that scene. Because as it is right now it's quite odd that a tip of the cape just spazzes upward every couple seconds.
 Hunters Run
06-15-2012, 2:36 PM
It seems that the turnstile effect only happens when the characters aren't turning by a large amount, otherwise they do that standard floor tap with their feet as they turn... I'll see if I can find a video of what I'm talking about.
I find it strange that it is not applied to all turning animations. There does exist a turning animation in kotor and tsl so it could be something isn't firing correctly.
 Fallen Guardian
06-15-2012, 3:31 PM
I find it strange that it is not applied to all turning animations. There does exist a turning animation in kotor and tsl so it could be something isn't firing correctly.

Yeah, that's possible.

Another idea for an animation. In NWScript (in KotOR 1, it may be the same for KotOR 2) there is an entry under animations that is commented out, which reads as this: ANIMATION_FIREFORGET_READ

There is also another commented out animation called ANIMATION_FIREFORGET_STEAL.

Now for the read one I think you could so something like the animation shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itQc8o8Y3jM) from 7:59 - 8:09.

I'm not too sure about the steal animation but I'm just throwing around ideas.
 Hunters Run
06-15-2012, 5:58 PM
@FG- reading: done, but I will make it a looping animation. Bored: done. This animation gave me an idea for another one: sleeping sitting animation.
 Fallen Guardian
06-16-2012, 1:45 PM
Sounds cool. I saw another animation that may be interesting to add, this one from Jade Empire.

Go to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv-22HtNkIg)

And go to about 2:26. The dismissive hand wave that the big burly guy with the beard does seems like it may fit with KotOR in a few places.

EDIT: Also, in KotOR 2 when the PC dives out of the elevator, it'd be pretty cool to have an animation like that in KotOR 1.
 Hunters Run
06-18-2012, 1:13 PM
A question: the wording of the permissions section in bastila romance enhancement is to vague for me. Can I modify 2 lines in the source script and release that script with credit to the original author? I doubt I can contact the original author.
 Fallen Guardian
06-18-2012, 1:51 PM
Well to quote the readme:

PERMISSIONS: This mod may be used without the explicit permission of the author WITH ONE EXCEPTION. If you want to use the file "k_hbas_dialog.dlg" from To Override (Allronix Dlg-Pack 2.0) you have to ask Allronix for permission.

So, as long you aren't using the k_hbas_dialog from the mod, then you should be good.
 Hunters Run
06-18-2012, 2:05 PM
I now have a request. For testing purposes I need a save right before you kiss bastila. If anyone has a save please send one my way.

On another note will soon release several mods. They are: revans flowing robe tsl 1.1, animation compilation k1, animation compilation k2, and an actual kiss for bastila romance enhancement . Since to my knowledge kotorfiles is having trouble does anyone mind if I try to get them uploaded on deadly stream?

edit- I no longer need a save. Fastest playthrough ever. What I do need is a script to fire an animation from Carth's heartbeat. So far I cannot get any animations to play whether my own or the games. Also the kissing animations are there but they won't fire. As scripting isn't my fort how do the scripting experts think I should modify the script(kiss_bastila from bastila romance enhancement). So far I replaced the number in the script (6) with the number of my script (10405, 10406). Nothing. This is the only thing holding up the release of the mods.
 Fallen Guardian
06-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Hey, for the sitting animations in KotOR 1 and 2, maybe you could add one to both games in which the character is sitting but they're more relaxed. Like, they're leaning back a bit and their arms are crossed across their chest. Just an idea..
 Hunters Run
06-20-2012, 3:31 PM
update- I am experiencing a problem with k1. For some reason it does not play any animations from the animations.2da file whether my own or the games. If anyone knows why this is please reply. On a related note how would I write a script that goes: If Animation A plays send a message to myself saying "this animation fired", and if it does not play send a message saying "this animation failed".
 Hassat Hunter
06-21-2012, 4:56 AM
Do you add "100" before the animation number?
 Hunters Run
06-21-2012, 5:33 PM
yep, I did. Strangely enough it doesn't read the games or my animation from the animations.2da. It does however run animations from nwscript. For example it won't run the animation if I put in 10006, but it runs an animation if I put in 6. To make it even stranger it is reading the animations.2da because I hid the weapons through animations.2da
and the weapons were hidden in game.
 Hunters Run
06-22-2012, 3:32 PM
update- Bad news. It appears that custom non replacing animations are impossible with k1. The main problem I believe arises from the fact that you need to call up the name of the animation from nwscript (for example ANIMATION_FIREFORGET_*). Either that or I am really bad at scripting. The animations are there but it will not read the script if you use numbers not found in nwscript (like 10405, which should call up animation 405 from animations.2da yet it doesn't). So what does this mean? It may still be possible to script animations into k1 if I knew how many unused animations there are. Still, k2 is proven to work.
 Hassat Hunter
06-22-2012, 7:54 PM
(this is from KOTOR2, might be true for KOTOR too)
There are a few animations who don't work per script (which are the xxxx ones, 4 digit), who can however be said in the .dlg file. Usually their 10xxxx equivelant doesn't even work). Have you tried having it be an active animation in dialogue?

Also could try just "1405" in the script, maybe works for KOTOR1. Worth the shot...
 Fallen Guardian
06-23-2012, 9:32 PM
If it doesn't end up working you can always replace the kneel_talking_angry animation and kneel_talking_sad animation, seeing as those aren't used, with the two most sought after animations.
 Hunters Run
06-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Alrighty, I did some more research about placeable animations (k1). Going under the assumption that you are trying to get your character to sit in a chair that you placed in a model, I believe there something I can do for you. Each siting character has their own model so I would assume they have their own animations(for example, there exists a commoner model that is the regular model for all the other animations-n_commm/f. There is also a placeable for the commoner- l_commm/f). If you want a new model to have the sitting animations (it would be best if you specified the type of sitting animations- drinking, playing pazzak, etc). just tell me and I'll add them to a model, rename it, and specify it in placeable.2da, and send it to you. You'll have to create the utp though. If it doesn't work than my theory is wrong and sitting characters are impossible to put in the game.

On another note right now I am trying to match up animations. once I do that I will release.
 Darth InSidious
06-24-2012, 11:36 AM
This is a slightly random thought, HR, but to get particular animations to run (like the new combat animations, say), have you considered the "special walk" item property? It's listed as row 52 in itempropdef.2da, and is defined by iprp_walk.2da, which consists of two columns (in addition to the (Row Label) column), called "name" and "label". "name" has a number (1008 and 1009 are the two current values), and "label" has "Default" (corresponds to 1008) and "ZombieWalk" (corresponds to 1009).

I'm assuming these are the animation number (1008 for normal walking, 1009 for zombie walk). I just thought this might potentially be useful as a way to get animations to fire, given that the property can be added to any equippable item. :)
 Hunters Run
06-24-2012, 7:18 PM
Unfortunately, I am forced to replace old animations in k1 to make new ones. There are three old animations I can replace that aren't on the main supermodel. One is already taken by the diveroll (because it's just to cool). That leaves two more. It just struck me that I can put different animations on different supermodels. The downside to this is that people will have to pick and choose. I think I will divide it up as follows. 1. diveroll, dimissive gesture, facepalm. 2. sitting animations(disregard my last post). 3. give item, look at item, and one more. So get creative, the coolest animation will go in.
 Fallen Guardian
06-25-2012, 3:20 PM
Hey, in addition to adding in the new animations maybe you could add all the normal combat animations and other things to the Ithorian model?
 Sith Holocron
06-25-2012, 6:04 PM
HR, but can you add all of those animations to TSL? For that game, we don't have to choose?
 Hunters Run
06-25-2012, 6:32 PM
@FG- I just checked and it should be possible. I just need to create combat animations for Ithorians. Unfortunately, it will only have either one animation type- melee, unarmed, or ranged. So what type of animations should Ithorians have?

@SH- Yep, all the animations for TSL are on one model. I tried it before and it worked. It is even compatible for tslrcm as I created my own lean animation. Note-the lean animation is not a 1:1 copy but (shameless plug) it looks cool non the less. I recommend you install after tslrcm.

On another note for TSL, I discovered a hide weapons during dialog mod. This mod is incompatible with my upcoming mod. So what I'll do is tweak the animations.2da that I use to hide the weapons also unless there is a general uproar not to.
 Fallen Guardian
06-25-2012, 9:29 PM
@FG- I just checked and it should be possible. I just need to create combat animations for Ithorians. Unfortunately, it will only have either one animation type- melee, unarmed, or ranged. So what type of animations should Ithorians have?

Hmmm, I'd say melee. Seeing as that's the one type of combat animation that will never be cancelled out of. Ranged will cancel out into melee if a character gets close, and unarmed is just... well... it's unarmed.
 Hunters Run
06-26-2012, 7:42 PM
I just realized more bad news, unfortunately the Ithorian only calls one set of melee animations. There are two sets melee vs characters and melee vs creatures. Ithorians, being creatures themselves are limited to one set of combat animations(the creature animations -mo/bo), whereas characters have different animations(g2, etc). What does this mean? It means I need to experiment. Also it would be good to know if you can play random animations in a script. If playing random animations is possible, it means we're in business (I should be able to get all combat animations-melee, ranged, and unarmed on the model, but only if playing random animations is possible).
 Hassat Hunter
06-27-2012, 6:01 PM
Well, any "standard" KOTOR2 spawn-script starts off with the following code (sub-number varies of course), I suppose the same could be done for KOTOR1...

void sub18() {
int nRandom = d8(1);
if ((nRandom == 1)) {
ActionPlayAnimation(103, 1.0, 0.0);
}
else {
if ((nRandom == 2)) {
ActionPlayAnimation(102, 1.0, 0.0);
}
else {
if ((nRandom == 3)) {
ActionPlayAnimation(1, 1.0, 3.0);
}
else {
if ((((nRandom == 4) || (nRandom == 5)) && (GetRacialType(OBJECT_SELF) != 5))) {
if ((GetGender(OBJECT_SELF) == 0)) {
sub1(intGLOB_52, 0);
ActionPlayAnimation(24, 1.0, 20.4);
ActionDoCommand(sub1(intGLOB_52, 1));
}
else {
if ((GetGender(OBJECT_SELF) == 1)) {
sub1(intGLOB_52, 0);
ActionPlayAnimation(24, 1.0, 13.3);
}
}
}
else {
if ((((nRandom == 6) || (nRandom == 4)) || (nRandom == 5))) {
ActionPlayAnimation(100, 1.0, 0.0);
}
else {
if ((nRandom == 7)) {
ActionPlayAnimation(101, 1.0, 0.0);
}
else {
if ((nRandom == 8)) {
sub1(intGLOB_52, 0);
ActionPlayAnimation(1, 1.0, 5.0);
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
 Hunters Run
06-28-2012, 5:06 PM
@HH- Unless I'm wrong, it looks like that script is as follows: If random action plays, do animation 1. If random action 2 plays do animation 2. Very close, but what I am looking for is when action plays, of two animations play one at random. Or as I said I could be wrong and the script does what I am looking for. I would be the first to say that scripting isn't my forte.
 Hassat Hunter
07-01-2012, 8:01 AM
It is. The very first line is a dice roll of a 1d8.
Depending on the result, an animation plays. Some requirements listed to prevent droids from playing certain animations...
 Fallen Guardian
07-05-2012, 9:54 PM
Hey, not sure if anyone's mentioned this before, but I had an idea for two new animations for KotOR II. So basically, when

Atton dies

I always found the scene to be a bit awkward just because of the way he is lying down while talking. If you could make two animations, basically one animation where he is sitting on the ground, his back is leaning against the wall, and he is talking, and another where he is just sitting, leaning against the wall, and dead, that'd be awesome.
 Hunters Run
09-29-2012, 10:11 PM
update- I have released revans flowing robe for TSL on deadly stream. Unfortunately, as often happens life took over. Even worse, I have decided to abandon putting new animations into k1. This decision was sparked by the fact that you have to replace animations to get them in the game. Still, I will be animating for k2.

Current project: adding animations to creatures that don't have animations-this will be my last project in k1. (Ithorian, Selkath) I haven't tested it yet but all the utility animations should work. Selkaths already have combat animations, Ithorians don't. I will give Ithorians melee animations.
 Hunters Run
04-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Long time huh? Anyways:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=839&pictureid=9492)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=839&pictureid=9493)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=839&pictureid=9494)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=839&pictureid=9495)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=839&pictureid=9496)

For Tsl, Kotor comes afterwards.

If you know how to model and have time and you want to help the criteria is simple. 1. you must be able to texture your models. 2. you must keep the shape the same although you can add things that make sense (like the trigger ring). 3. post in this thread what you are modeling so others (if there are any) won't model the same thing.

The workflow to model the item is simple. First import the weapon you want to model. You'll notice there are upgrades attached to the weapon. Next model the new weapon based off the old one sans upgrades. Texture your model. This is your base model. Next is the hard part. you have to model any upgrades the weapon can have off of the base model. Sometimes there are two sometimes three. The hardest thing is getting all the combinations of upgrades. If you think you can do it my suggestion is model one upgrade like a scope then model every single chamber with the scope (mark I, mark II, etc). Keep doing this until you have every single combination.

I'll understand if nobody takes up the task (it is pretty daunting). Chances are I'll get burnt out before I complete it. Should I release what I have then or should I hold onto it as it would be incomplete? As always coming when it's done (provided it is done, hey it is a huge task).
 Fair Strides 2
04-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Long time huh? Anyways:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=839&pictureid=9492)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=839&pictureid=9493)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=839&pictureid=9494)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=839&pictureid=9495)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=839&pictureid=9496)

For Tsl, Kotor comes afterwards.

If you know how to model and have time and you want to help the criteria is simple. 1. you must be able to texture your models. 2. you must keep the shape the same although you can add things that make sense (like the trigger ring). 3. post in this thread what you are modeling so others (if there are any) won't model the same thing.

The workflow to model the item is simple. First import the weapon you want to model. You'll notice there are upgrades attached to the weapon. Next model the new weapon based off the old one sans upgrades. Texture your model. This is your base model. Next is the hard part. you have to model any upgrades the weapon can have off of the base model. Sometimes there are two sometimes three. The hardest thing is getting all the combinations of upgrades. If you think you can do it my suggestion is model one upgrade like a scope then model every single chamber with the scope (mark I, mark II, etc). Keep doing this until you have every single combination.

I'll understand if nobody takes up the task (it is pretty daunting). Chances are I'll get burnt out before I complete it. Should I release what I have then or should I hold onto it as it would be incomplete? As always coming when it's done (provided it is done, hey it is a huge task).

If by "burnt out" you mean done with Kotor modding for the foreseeable future, then I'd release the stuff as modder's resource with specific instructions/ a vision of what you want to be done with them. Also, if you do this, I recommend releasing a template for the read-me file with an up-to-date credits section.
 Canderis
04-30-2013, 7:19 AM
I like what i see! Nice work.
 Hunters Run
04-30-2013, 2:46 PM
You know, instead of modelers right now, I need people to tell me where all the workbenches are located. I already did Peragus and Telos so you don't need to worry about those. I also know which module the ebon hawk is in.
 supreme kotor
04-30-2013, 5:11 PM
I already did Peragus and Telos.

Including the military base and polar academy?

Also do you need M4-78 and TSLRCM locations?
 Fallen Guardian
04-30-2013, 6:00 PM
You know, instead of modelers right now, I need people to tell me where all the workbenches are located. I already did Peragus and Telos so you don't need to worry about those. I also know which module the ebon hawk is in.

There's also one on Nar Shadda (301NAR, I believe), as well as one on the Mandalorian Camp on Dxun (403DXN). There might be one in the royal palace on Onderon (506OND), and I'm pretty sure there's one in Khoonda on Dantooine (601DAN?).
 Hassat Hunter
04-30-2013, 6:36 PM
From the top of my head;

301NAR, 305NAR. Not sure; 302NAR, 303NAR
403DXN, 411DXN
506OND as mentioned, not sure if anywhere else on Onderon is one. Probably should be.
602DAN, 610DAN
702KOR
851HAR
Malachor depends on TSLRCM or not...

(I might have missed some)
 Hunters Run
04-30-2013, 7:37 PM
@HH: thanks that helped.
@Supreme kotor: The screen shots are actually from the Telos academy. I played through the game going through every workbench up to that one to make sure the camera angle was right.

Tslrcm locations? You mean tslrcm adds workbenches? Ah well more work for me.

Thanks to me figuring out how the Tslpatcher works it will be tslrcm compatible. M4-78ep comes later after regular tsl (I'll need to obtain permission to access some of it's files to make it compatible, also seeing as I have never actually played it yet I will probably do so first).

I just thought of another job that can help me out. Script writing. While easier than modeling it is still time consuming, so the prerequisite is that you have time on your hands . Meanwhile I slowly but surely head towards the 1/10000000 mark ( I may be underestimating it a bit:xp:).

I'll check back every now and again but the majority of my time will be taken up by RL and this mod.
 supreme kotor
04-30-2013, 8:09 PM
^On malachor and I'm assuming there's probably at least one at the HK factory?
 Hassat Hunter
04-30-2013, 9:01 PM
Yeah, there's 1 more in the restored areas of Malachor. And in the HK factory. And I am not sure why you need M4-78EP files? (custom camera points added to the .git?)
 Hunters Run
04-30-2013, 10:48 PM
That's right. I inject camera points into the .git then call it in a dialogue. The problem with m4-78ep is that there is no vanilla git file that I can modify. Would modifying a vanilla .git and using the tslpatcher to insert new lines into the .git of each module work for the Hk factory, Malachor, and m4-78? On that note what is the Module designation of the HK factory, Malachor, and m4-78?
 Fair Strides 2
05-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Would modifying a vanilla .git and using the tslpatcher to insert new lines into the .git of each module work for the Hk factory, Malachor, and m4-78? On that note what is the Module designation of the HK factory, Malachor, and m4-78?

1. Maybe. Try experimenting.

2. HK Factory: "TEL_"
Malachor: "MAL_"
M4-78EP(Unless they've changed it): "DRO_"
 Fallen Guardian
05-01-2013, 6:35 AM
You could always just use animated cameras. They'd require you to have the correct coordinates but they're contained within a separate MDL and MDX file, no GIT necessary.
 Hassat Hunter
05-01-2013, 8:13 AM
You do realise we modify a LOT of .git's throughout the game? If you use vanilla ones, and then use TSLPatcher to replace .git files in modules, it would still be incompatible.
 Fair Strides 2
05-01-2013, 12:06 PM
You do realise we modify a LOT of .git's throughout the game? If you use vanilla ones, and then use TSLPatcher to replace .git files in modules, it would still be incompatible.

Couldn't he just extract the .git from every module using ERFEdit, modify it, and then use TSLPatcher on that? A bit overkill given that some modules probably weren't touched, but it'll work, won't it?
 Darth InSidious
05-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Is it not possible to use the TSLPatcher to modify an existing .git file? It should also be possible to use a .bat and multiple changes.ini files to provide the user with mulitple installation options, IIRC.
Page: 3 of 4