Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hunters W.I.P.

Page: 4 of 4
 Hunters Run
05-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Actually I add lines to the .git. I was actually using modified vanilla .git files and injecting lines into tslrcm's .git files. To my knowledge it worked (the main indicator was when I did not repeat myself when talking to Atris). I just realized that I answered my own question :eek:.

edit: Aaaaaand DI beats me to it.
 VarsityPuppet
05-01-2013, 1:01 PM
Is it not possible to use the TSLPatcher to modify an existing .git file? It should also be possible to use a .bat and multiple changes.ini files to provide the user with mulitple installation options, IIRC.

If I remember correctly, I had to ask stoffe how to modify multiple files with the same name, but in different locations
 Hunters Run
05-01-2013, 1:48 PM
If I wanted to have an install to vanilla TSL I would simply extract all files for that module and replace that .git with my .git then make it a mod file, correct? I ask because I did this and the opening scene of that module won't fire.

edit: never mind, didn't put the .dlg files in.
 Hassat Hunter
05-01-2013, 9:37 PM
Couldn't he just extract the .git from every module using ERFEdit, modify it, and then use TSLPatcher on that? A bit overkill given that some modules probably weren't touched, but it'll work, won't it?
Yes. That would be the correct procedure. But vanilla .git's would definitely break stuff.
Is it not possible to use the TSLPatcher to modify an existing .git file? It should also be possible to use a .bat and multiple changes.ini files to provide the user with mulitple installation options, IIRC.
I don't know, is that possible? If so, how? Any instructions around here, since I couldn't find them.
Would be very helpful to make several mods compatible, since currently if I modify a .git outside of TSLRCM it just overwrites the old one. Not really compatible with other mods thus wanting to add to the same .git.
Also multiple-installations are already possible with using TSLPatcher itself, no .bat needed. You do need multiple changes.ini (and info.ini if you want slightly different readme's displaying).
Actually I add lines to the .git. I was actually using modified vanilla .git files and injecting lines into tslrcm's .git files. To my knowledge it worked (the main indicator was when I did not repeat myself when talking to Atris). I just realized that I answered my own question :eek:
Sounds good. A good baseline would be to assume we changed everything in a module. It's not exactly true (but pretty close xD), but it's the best way to make safe your mods not conflicting. Just extracting from the .mod and modifying that, and it should work. Provided your own additions are correct of course :xp:
If I remember correctly, I had to ask stoffe how to modify multiple files with the same name, but in different locations
Do you recall the answer? Since currently I need to use a multi-install using different maps per same-named file. Which requires users to run the installer a few times before the mods installed. Which apparently is kinda counter-intiniutative, seeing someone complaining lately that Sith Assassins where at the turret game, but not in the Hawk. But (s)he just installed part 1 instead of the full mod.
Could also be handy for something I want to modify what you made ;).
If I wanted to have an install to vanilla TSL I would simply extract all files for that module and replace that .git with my .git then make it a mod file, correct? I ask because I did this and the opening scene of that module won't fire.
A lot easier, and more compatible with other mods would be to simply replace the .git with the other .git in the module. .MOD for TSLRCM, .erf for vanilla. It would also make your mod around 2000% easier to download, having a few kb .git files instead of entire modules.

For an example how that works you can try my Vao Amband Drop mod;
http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/192-vao-armband-drop/)
And run it through the TSLPatcher configurator, so you can quickly see how to add .gits to mod/erf-files using it instead of having to manually do that and have it install that.

Hopefully all is clear now. Good luck. :thmbup1:
And if you have any more questions, well, that's what we're here for...
 Hunters Run
05-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Unless there is a general outcry against it I will make every single workbench besides the ebon hawk workbench invisible and not usable in TSL. The reason behind this is that before, I was creating dialogue for every workbench, this way I only need to create one (ebon hawk). Kotor 1 only has two workbenches (ebon hawk plus dantooine) so that is no problem. This does not count the tutorial which I am making a separate dialogue for.
 supreme kotor
05-06-2013, 2:17 PM
Unless there is a general outcry against it I will make every single workbench besides the ebon hawk workbench invisible and not usable in TSL. The reason behind this is that before, I was creating dialogue for every workbench, this way I only need to create one (ebon hawk). Kotor 1 only has two workbenches (ebon hawk plus dantooine) so that is no problem. This does not count the tutorial which I am making a separate dialogue for.

No problem here. I don't know about others though...
 Sith Holocron
05-06-2013, 2:23 PM
HR, besides the Ebon Hawk - enable the workbench of Malachor V as you can't get back on the ship to use the workbench there.
 Hunters Run
05-06-2013, 2:32 PM
You mean the one added by tslrcm? Which module is it in?
 Hunters Run
08-19-2013, 8:01 PM
update- Still alive. Also script parameters are our friend. Now if I only didn't keep going back to increase the quality of the mod it would get done slightly quicker. Unfortunately, I am still on the first blaster. Fortunately, Every single scope for that blaster is modeled. That means every scope is different in level (mark 2 looks like a mark 1 with additions, if that makes sense, and each addition in level adds something).

To prevent it ever coming about that if I get burnt out and nothing gets released, I will be doing the mod in phases. Once I complete a weapon or armor I will release it on deadly forums. There is a downside to this. An incomplete mod means you can't upgrade everything. If that ever happens I will release my workflow and any unfinished models, textures, whatever, so hopefully someone would take up the torch. As stated anyone who helps I will do my best to get every phase first to them. It should be noted that each phase would be a beta phase- untested in game, it won't crash your game (at least it didn't mine) but it may have bugs like missing textures.

I believe that is all for now, back to work.

update: I was plugging away when my computer crashed and I lost all my data. What does this mean? The project has changed. Once I can get the parts in game I will show screen shots. When will it be? unknown. The project is currently on hold as I am having trouble with lightsabers. if anyone is able to get lightsabers into the game and has time on their hands please p.m. me. So what am I doing? Modeling lightsabers actually. Concepts and direction to concepts would be welcome. An idea of mine would be when you first meet Atris and shows the lightsaber the hilt would be a unique hilt. But I would have to mess with one of tslrcms scripts then inject that script back into tslrm's .mod to make it compatible. Doable, and a cool feature. Still nothing will happen until 2 things happen. I solve my lightsaber issues, and tslrcm 1.83 comes out.
Page: 4 of 4