Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters

Page: 6 of 10
 DarthVrook
03-11-2009, 1:53 PM
my problem is the same that i have with bastila hk exile and kreia that they dont appear on the ship
 Keeper_DP
03-11-2009, 1:58 PM
Thanks! downloading!
 Trex
03-11-2009, 2:24 PM
my problem is the same that i have with bastila hk exile and kreia that they dont appear on the ship

Ah, yes. Now that the site is roughly sorted, I can get back to trying to solve your problem. :)

I'll actually explain what happens when you enter the ship so you can understand a bit better ; During the compter saying 'checking airlock' etc (or whatever it is), a series of scripts fire which check your inventory. This is why you get a datapad for each of your pary members. If you have the correct datapad, it will be removed from your PC, and the correct person will be placed on your ship.

If you keep getting endless amounts of them appearing on your ship, the script which is supposed to remove the datapad from you is apparently not working.

If you follow my advice from here : Go down to any planet off ship and cheat to get the following items :

1kreiajoin
2exilejoin
3hkjoin
4t3m4join
5bastjoin

Go back to ship, let the computer check the hatches (alot of hidden stuff happens during these few sentences), the items should dissappear, and people should hopefully be there.

...but before you do any of it, redownload and reinstall the patch from the new site.

If it still doesn't work properly, could you please tell me :

- How many plants are there in the same same room as Tsig (weird question, I know. But it's important.)?
- Is it possible for you to place the above five datapads in a container or just get rid of them?

The problem seems to be connected to many similar others (although they affect different things). It should just be a case of 'reinforceing' things in the second patch.
 DarthVrook
03-11-2009, 2:45 PM
solve it also the problem with gellen and the other apprentices?
i think it is also a problem that i have the german dialog.tlk or?
 Trex
03-11-2009, 7:34 PM
solve it also the problem with gellen and the other apprentices?
i think it is also a problem that i have the german dialog.tlk or?

It might solve Gellen, Yes.

Did you try it and was the problem solved?
 jedi7000nathan
03-12-2009, 1:16 AM
i think there should be another use for the droid other than destroying it
 DarthVrook
03-12-2009, 4:11 PM
on 1 site are 5 plants on the other 8
i have to cheat everyone on board and after i do that i have to destroy the plot tag because when i use 1kreiajoin and enter the ship there are after a time 20 kreias in a room
 GeorgNihilus
03-12-2009, 8:24 PM
Wow ... you did all this by yourself? :bow: congratulations. I'm now between Dxun's tomb and the mandalorian camp ... I like specially the Shadow and his double swords ... very interesting texturing and modelling job Trex (advanced mining lasers, etc). You changed the sonic rifle and the arkanian sonic blaster too right? or it's just my twisted vision?? :D

A shame this in partly unvoiced or it'd be almost perfect, I wish I could voice some characters but my not native english pronunciation-entonation maybe it's not good enough :rolleyes: ... AND I haven't worked sound files before :( ...

As others mentioned some dialogs need work, specially camera angles and delay issues, nodes playing too fast to be read ...

Thanks Trex and keep this up! :thmbup1:
 Thankteamgizka
03-13-2009, 3:08 AM
I tried downloading the override portion of the mod and it just redirects me to FF homepage I've tried searching FF but nothing. Nobody else seems to have this problem and I really want to try out this mod!
 Trex
03-13-2009, 10:01 AM
I tried downloading the override portion of the mod and it just redirects me to FF homepage I've tried searching FF but nothing. Nobody else seems to have this problem and I really want to try out this mod!

Fixed. The link should be working now. Not too sure why it stopped.

Thanks for pointing it out.

on 1 site are 5 plants on the other 8
i have to cheat everyone on board and after i do that i have to destroy the plot tag because when i use 1kreiajoin and enter the ship there are after a time 20 kreias in a room

Do you have it working?
If not I'll put together a quick custom module for you to download (as I'm feeling rather sorry for you :)).
 Thankteamgizka
03-13-2009, 9:59 PM
Im having the same problem form my other post except its with the modules and voice flies
 Drunkside
03-14-2009, 8:38 AM
I have now finished the mod, and to be honest, the ending was really lame... And the fight between revan and kannos was the most stupidly made end fight ever... "how to make it difficult... hmmm. I know! Lets make revan the most useless whimp in the galaxy!" You know, 20 hp isnt enough to kill anyone.... And to even make it more dull my own char could have killed them both by just looking at them with a mean facial expression. And most of the texture and modeling work was really crappy... You didnt put any work into it eh? What i liked about the mod then? Its new playable content for kotor:xp: And i loved the fight between doc and Freedon nadd(easy going too though, but still fun). The whole mod was ridiculously easy, i didnt die on my char for a single time. And i play on hard.
 Wedge Suron
03-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I completed it myself.

2 problems.

Coruscant's Tainted Storm Beast has too much HP.
No Prestiege Classes.

What the hell happened to that Kid, D'arth Ilo? What did they do to her?
Also, what's the point of having a captive Syyth if there's nothing to do with her.
 DarthVrook
03-14-2009, 11:00 AM
drunkside
have u also used the hardcoremod?
the enemies are really really harder
 Trex
03-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Im having the same problem form my other post except its with the modules and voice flies

Currently reuploading to FileFront plus an alternative.

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Is there a limit on the amount of downloads from there?

I have now finished the mod, and to be honest, the ending was really lame...

dont know why some people were complaining,it was the best star wars ending ive EVER seen.

I take it this mod now officially has a Marmite ending. :)

C
No Prestiege Classes.

Good point. I think that'd be a good thing to add to the expansion pack/big patch coming up.

hat the hell happened to that Kid, D'arth Ilo? What did they do to her?
Also, what's the point of having a captive Syyth if there's nothing to do with her.

There is unsurprisingly a massive amount of content cut from this compared to what was originally intended. Iilo was to do with Revan's first encounter when Kilorme (the True Sith she tends to hang around) kidnapped her from Revan's group and made her his 'bride'. There was going to be a brief flashback where you played as Revan for a while and saw all this happene but I never ended up finishing it (it was meant to happen as the main part of Revan's speech at the senate).

As for teh captive Syyth, if your playing DS you can take her as your apprentice.
 Wedge Suron
03-14-2009, 3:05 PM
Ahh... can you lower the HP on the Storm Beast, it's a right pain.
 Ibelin
03-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I have this problem: the game crashes after the video which appear after killing Kannos.How can i fix that?I've already installed the patch.
p/s:I don't know how to put words in that spoiler box so i used drak color.
 Darth Novotnus
03-15-2009, 3:47 AM
As for teh captive Syyth, if your playing DS you can take her as your apprentice.

I took her beeing on LS - you can convince her that LS is more powerful... She's still kind of dark, but I didn't get any DS points making her my apprentice.
 Wedge Suron
03-15-2009, 6:26 AM
Trex, can you PM me what you had planned for the girl, as I said on your visitor's page I plan on doing an RP with the mod's storyline, so every byte of data would be good.
 Dyliak
03-15-2009, 6:43 AM
Fixed. The link should be working now. Not too sure why it stopped.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Do you have it working?
If not I'll put together a quick custom module for you to download (as I'm feeling rather sorry for you :)).

Hi, I'm trying to download the mod and voice sections but either links bring me to file front home page, there is a way for search directly the files on file front?

Thank you
 Trex
03-16-2009, 8:22 AM
All filefront links have been replaced and uploaded to an account.

There is also an alternate download source.

Ahh... can you lower the HP on the Storm Beast, it's a right pain.

Yes, that'll probably be one of the balance issues I fix. How was the Stormbeast on Rhen Var?

I have this problem: the game crashes after the video which appear after killing Kannos.How can i fix that?I've already installed the patch.
p/s:I don't know how to put words in that spoiler box so i used drak color.

This is one of the recurring problems to do with characters switching. The best I can suggest is to 'try it again' until I come up with a long term fix.

Sorry.

I took her beeing on LS - you can convince her that LS is more powerful... She's still kind of dark, but I didn't get any DS points making her my apprentice.

Lol. Can't even remember my own mod.

Trex, can you PM me what you had planned for the girl, as I said on your visitor's page I plan on doing an RP with the mod's storyline, so every byte of data would be good.

Well I might be fixing that myself in the big patch/expansion release (probably out the first week of April).

If you want, when I'm done with that release I'll post up a big list of all the cut stuff.
 Pikmin
03-16-2009, 9:06 AM
The Rhen Var storm beast was awful. It took me 15 minutes to get it beaten.
 Ibelin
03-16-2009, 11:50 AM
This is one of the recurring problems to do with characters switching. The best I can suggest is to 'try it again' until I come up with a long term fix.

Sorry.

Thanks Trex.I got this problem fixed myself by skipping that movie.

This mod is great!You're talented. :shades2:
 Wedge Suron
03-16-2009, 4:53 PM
Thanks on the list part.

The Rhen Var one isn't as bad because there's more than one person battling it but if it's causing trouble for people then fine balance it out, but the one on Coruscant is too strong for one Force Shaper to handle. There's also a bug when I accidentally hit another form, it shows game over.
 DarthVrook
03-17-2009, 3:54 PM
No the storm beast was ok
its a long fight but i like it
and can u improve nihilus after 4 hits he is dead
he is easier than the screams
 Wedge Suron
03-18-2009, 8:09 AM
Which one? The one on Coruscant definately needs sorting.
 DarthVrook
03-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Both of them are ok
i dont think that it needs a sorting
 Wedge Suron
03-19-2009, 8:14 AM
I don't have the patience to go through all that on Coruscant.

Ok, Multiple Spoilers on for people that haven't got as far as me. Bugs I've found, some are quite funny and usable and others and just plain annoying.

Bugs for characters

Kannos, he has 2 problems although the second is good.
Kannos is still selectable for missions after he joins the Syyth
Kannos can use Lightsabers and wear Robes even though he's not a Jedi/Sith

Shadow.
When I used the Gellan/Thassk apprentice Combo, Revan replaced him.

Places with bugs.

Korriban:
The Apprentice trials only work once. Any second apprentice can just talk to Freedon Nadd to leave.

Other things.

There are also some the spelling, Punctuation and and Grammar mistakes.
 JediAthos
03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I just finished my first play through myself, and I noticed that some of the cutscenes on the Nemesis didn't always load the first time and I had to restart the game to get them to work properly.

As others have said I thought that storm beasts on Rhen Var took far too long to defeat, and my characters kept missing their attacks.

I also had the same problem on the wrecked ship where my characters continually missed the droids and made it very frustrating to try and work through.

Anything else that I would point out has already been mentioned I think. I really enjoyed the mod Trex and I hope that you will continue to improve it :)
 Wedge Suron
03-19-2009, 2:30 PM
The Stormbeast has been mentioned, I suggest taking apprentices Athos. That's what made it easier for me.
 Trex
03-19-2009, 2:46 PM
Bugs for characters

Kannos, he has 2 problems although the second is good.
Kannos is still selectable for missions after he joins the Syyth
Kannos can use Lightsabers and wear Robes even though he's not a Jedi/Sith

In the case of the first one, how were you able to complete the game? Revan is supposed to replace him, and he's a madatory character for the Coruscant level. Did he replace a different character?

As to the second, it was deliberate and I'm happy to say it. Canderous and Tsig should be able to use them too.

They can't specialize in lightsabers etc, but I think they should be able to use them as a basic weapon.

Thanks for the info about the Shadow, I'll look into it.

I think the Korriban problem was solved in the first patch.
 Wedge Suron
03-19-2009, 7:05 PM
In the case of the first one, how were you able to complete the game? Revan is supposed to replace him, and he's a madatory character for the Coruscant level. Did he replace a different character?

As to the second, it was deliberate and I'm happy to say it. Canderous and Tsig should be able to use them too.

They can't specialize in lightsabers etc, but I think they should be able to use them as a basic weapon.

Thanks for the info about the Shadow, I'll look into it.

I think the Korriban problem was solved in the first patch.

Shadow explains Revan's place.

Don't use Tsig or Canderous on missions, unless required.

Korriban problem wasn't solved, I did the patch.

Edit: No luck on Tsig and Lightsabers.

Double edit: Neither can use Lightsabers.

Triple Edit: I made a slight mistake, Kannos seemed to replace Shadow post-Syyth, now that I've started again.
 Trex
03-20-2009, 8:08 AM
Shadow explains Revan's place.

Ah, I see. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, what happened with Kreia on 'planet x'? Did you temporarily recruit her or did it just not happen?

Korriban problem wasn't solved, I did the patch.

Darn it. I'll have to look into it.

Edit: No luck on Tsig and Lightsabers.

Double edit: Neither can use Lightsabers.

Well that's strange. They definately both can on my version.

I'll have to go scratch my head over that one.
 Wedge Suron
03-20-2009, 8:25 AM
You missed the 3rd Edit, Kannos replaces Shadow not Revan on the post-Syyth.
 Trex
03-20-2009, 8:53 AM
You missed the 3rd Edit, Kannos replaces Shadow not Revan on the post-Syyth.

Thanks for the clarification, although I still have no idea how it might have happened.

Don't feel you to go off and find out, but I don't suppose you remember exactly what happened? Did Kannos replace the Shadow at the exact same time that Revan became a party member?
 Wedge Suron
03-20-2009, 9:17 AM
I duuno when it happened, I just noticed it on the way to Coruscant just before the final part.
 Rtas Vadum
03-20-2009, 9:33 AM
Even as a conversion mod, i think the story of this was in many ways on par with TSL itself.

Let me just make some points

Freedon Nadd's Apprentice

A nice angle to work the rationale of the Doctor being a jedi. The only thing wrong is that Tsig seems to notice nothing when the player leaves the tomb. Even just "What are you doing with that lightsaber?" and a simple retort from the player would make a bit more sense.

As to the tomb itself, the tests aren't bad, but i would contend with saying that most of them are nothing but easy fights, one being a simple non-problematic walk through mines. Though early in the game at that point, a bit more of a fight wouldn't be a stretch.

Revan
The voice wasn't bad, but i would have left Revan voiceless, or if possible have some one with a commanding voice do his lines.

The tomb you find Revan in fits, only i'd think he would ask a bit more about why you wanted to find him.

The dialogue at the senate is very well written, though with some vocal breaks and a bit more character i'd would be even better.

The Eagle
It was a nice idea to use GOTO's ship as the main player ship, but its a bit more spacious then you'll ever need. Namely since not many large scale events happen on the ship itself.

Nemesis
A bit of a mix of layouts, but it could be said it was a merger of ships from Malachor, held together by the darkside.

The Ending
The ending i liked, even though i only played through the darkside ending. With this, im sure many weren't fond of wasting Revan. Though, Im not one of those. Feels nice trashing the legacy of both a Great Jedi Knight, and a Great Sith Lord, then becoming a Virtuoso Ruler of the galaxy. Though i seriously wish you could have more followers in doing this. Surely those Syyth powers you gain could have some massive influence towards them? Even if it is fun wasting them, seems a bit better to make them see from your point of view, rather then closing their eyes to everything.
 Wedge Suron
03-20-2009, 12:11 PM
The Fallen Sith in the academy attack eachother, is that normal? They're friendlies before attacking me one by one.
I just got an apprentice and now have 2 of Kannos

Kreia joins as normal.

Just for future reference, where can I find Rimi after I make her my apprentice?
 DarthVrook
03-21-2009, 5:57 AM
On your ship in the Force Field where Kannos was as you enter the eagle the first time
 Wedge Suron
03-21-2009, 6:28 AM
After I recruit her.
 DarthVrook
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
at that place where u can live the ship to the enemies ship at example
 logan23
03-25-2009, 1:53 PM
Bug:
When i try to upgrade Bastila's light saber it shows no crystal and the game crashes.

Logan
 Wedge Suron
03-25-2009, 3:36 PM
Common thing, you can't upgrade it. I've seen a mod that uses it before.
 FaZzZa99
03-27-2009, 10:25 PM
I've had a thought regarding Revan, seeing as he has left the known Galaxy for some time, what if the Revan which appears in this mod is actually like a projection or mirage of his self which has been concieved by a power which he has taught himself during his mysterious travels, and have him speak in some form of ancient Sith dialect (which i'm sure one of the alien soundsets could fill in for) this would cause slightly less heartache as it could excuse a lack of voice overs for Revan, and play into the actual Star Wars storyline abit more since he (his actual self) supposedly never returned from the unexplored regions. Perhaps having a scene of Dark Side powers flying all over place and his projection or mirage can spawn from it. This could give him a more mysterious and eerie atmosphere, and attempt to please those who abide by canon.

I haven't actually played this conversion yet, nor am i trying to tell you how to go about it, Just one of my many creative thoughts :thmbup1:
 Gavaroc Fevinor
03-28-2009, 1:19 AM
That's an interesting concept.

However, Revan will have a real voice eventually since Trex has cast me as Revan's voice actor. I'm not sure about the details of when a version of the game will be released with my voice in it, but I do know that it will come eventually.
 FaZzZa99
03-28-2009, 6:09 AM
Seeing as he has cast you there'd no sense in using Alien VO's then :xp:
You must have a hawt & commanding voice if your going to be the voice of Revan :D
 Wedge Suron
03-28-2009, 6:41 AM
I have a commanding voice at times.
 FaZzZa99
03-28-2009, 6:45 AM
I have a commanding voice at times.

:thmbup1:
 Wedge Suron
03-28-2009, 7:08 AM
I wouldn't know how to start with doing VOs tho
 Trex
03-28-2009, 8:28 AM
Hi all. A little while ago I made a comment about posting a big list of all the cut content. Here's a start on it, followed by a list of what will be implemented by me in the forthcoming 2.0 expansion.

Original Story - spoilers for anyone who hasn't played through yet.

The main plot is essentially the same up until Coruscant. All that would be necessary of this planet is to visit the Senate and have Revan give his speech. There would be no summoning the masters in the temple bit.

You would then go to Rhen Var, realise it's a big decoy, and Coruscant would be attacked. Unlike in the released version, you would not be able to stop it however. Revan would say it's too late and that they all must go into hiding.

A year later, the Sith have conquered the entire galaxy. You would be able to visit the main planets as before, but everything would be different. Instead of Etti guards etc, you would have Sith Screamers guarding everything and willing to kill you if you cause any trouble, and almost all citizens would be slowly starting to go like Nihlius's crew.

Revan would approach you saying that he'd had a vision, and that you have to go to Rhen Var and find some Jedi masters in a cave there. After a lot of talking in the cave, you would all form a plot to kill Kannos, take his power, and turn it in on itself. To do it, you would have to assemble the Jedi Masters by hunting each of them down.

Finding each of the ten other Jedi Masters would be the main plot of this second half of the story, and it was the original reason for the title.

Once you found each of them, you would attack certain places of Coruscant, get to Kannos, kill him and either allow Revan to sacrifice himself to end it all, or take the power for yourself.

There's few reasons I abandoned all this ;
- Time constraints. All of this would essentially double the size of the mod, and double the amount of time I would need to work on it.
- Travelling to various planets to assemble a group of hiding Jedi Masters? I think I've heard that premise before. :)
- They would be a bit different, but essentially you would just be playing through the same planets twice.

What I still like about doing it that way ;
- The baddies would get more of an oppotunity to be 'badder'. The True Sith don't really have much screen time in the Released version, and as such the emphasis is on Kannos as the main villain instead.
- The individual True Sith got alot more attention, specifically the D'arth Sccarr (the one who Bastila fights at the end). He was a much more layered character who the doctor gets involved with and ends up betraying the Sith to help you.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to make a list of every little intended thing which was removed. Once I'm finished version 2.0, I'll try and get down a nice long detailed list.

Now here's a list of what I'm going to be adding :
- The whole thing will be fully voiced. Gavaroc is indeed voicing Revan, and I have people for the other main characters as well.
- Dxun return. After completing your first planet, you will be able to return to Freedon Nadd for more training. This will unlock prestige classes and new Force powers.
- There will be more subquests, specifically on Coruscant, but at least one more on each planet.
- There will be three new possible apprentices. One in particular I'm making as an 'x' apprentice. You will be able to download a small patch to change them into around 20 alternatives, so people if they want can have Visas Marr or Handmaiden in it (I will be taking on requests if there are others people want).
- I willing be adding the ability to more directly affect your apprentices (alter their alignment, skills etc)
- There will be one new planet to explore (secret for now)
- The plague subplot will be resolved (orginially was cut because czerka was delibrately maunfacturing the plague and cure. I felt it was too similar to Tsig's chacter quest).
- More romance resolution.
- Maps
- Limited journal entries. They won't be as in depth as Kotor2, but they'll be good for reminding you what you're supposed to be doing.
- Better game balance, new custom weapons, some new Force powers.

- Needless to say, bugs will also be resolved and typos will be fixed.
Page: 6 of 10