Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters

Page: 4 of 10
 Jedi_Man
02-21-2009, 2:30 PM
I just downloaded the mod, and when i play, the launcher screen is the same. Is this supposed to happen, or should i try re downloading.
edit: Alright, got past that problem, but now when everyone starts fighting i can't leave the palace, please help. Also, when i talk to the merchant in the Game, right when he says he will give me the Blaster the game freezes, I skipped the part, but I would like to play it out a little.
 zbyl2
02-21-2009, 3:07 PM
TJM doesn't change launcher. Just open game and after clicking on "new game" you'll see a mod :)

Oh, and I didn't say it before, but I completely agree on getting real people to record VOs. Computer generated voices just sound like crap... (though I would never think Kannos voice wasn't recorded by "normal" man)
 Quatra
02-22-2009, 7:08 AM
Hello,

1st of all, i would like to say good job on the mod. I am currently in my 3rd planet and i really like it. The only thing that i hate is when i stop playing and i don't remember what to do. The plot items don't really help to tell you what to do.

I have found a possible bug in Etti planet. When you buy two Xboost and you talk to an infected citizen and give the Xboost to him, you'll get lightside points. The problem is you can talk all the time to the same citizen and give him the Xboost. So in other words, you'll get 100% lightside points fast.

I have two more things that need to be done for the next update. They are just suggestions but i think lots of people might like it. The 1st thing is you should change the name on the map and put more dot points on the map. In TSL, you get a dot point to tell you if you use that door, you'll go to that sector.
The 2nd thing is you should put more enemies. I am now in my 3rd planet and i am only lvl 5....

that's about it.
Good job so far :)
 infamy
02-22-2009, 7:25 AM
Hey, on dxun how to you get out? The guard says to prove myself or use the gate to his far left. But I cant find any gate
 Quatra
02-22-2009, 2:24 PM
you use the door on his left. the wooden door.
 Hawkstrong16
02-22-2009, 4:41 PM
I'm to the end battle where I have to get to the temple, and I made it all the way up to the end of the level and back a few times and I can't do anything at all!

Help would be awesome.
 Trex
02-22-2009, 5:46 PM
I'm to the end battle where I have to get to the temple, and I made it all the way up to the end of the level and back a few times and I can't do anything at all!

Help would be awesome.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2587795&postcount=70)
 Hawkstrong16
02-22-2009, 6:52 PM
Thank you so much! I was able to find it

I finished the mod and it was good. Any complaints I had have been addressed by the other players. I eagerly await the first patch
 Q
02-22-2009, 9:06 PM
Trex, I'll be checking this out as soon as I have access to a broadband connection. ;)
 LordDryfas
02-24-2009, 8:37 AM
Hi Trex,m really close to finishing your mod,and i must say you far exeded any expectations i had what a KOTOR mod can achieve,only one that even comes close to that is SylverEdge's Brotherhood of Shadow.Anyway am going to give it another replay before i post bugs,but from what ive played was pretty smooth exp allaround with is surprising to say the least.

Couple of questions for you thou,if you dont mind

1.First ive encountered something -how should i say -interesting.Several times ,specifically on M4-78B and a crashed republic cruiser, some surfaces and walls were transparent ,was this a artistic choice or a bug on my system,cause in some cases it made sense.

2.Ive checked out your October trailer ,and there seems to be some slight differences.Specifically Revans robes are reskinned both there and in the
movies ,but in my game its the original,The Cenate Guards have a different models(Malaks ones i think),but in my game they use Calos model,also some scenes seem to be missing,the one that Kannos speaks of the true Sith,M4-78B seems to be a bit differently reskinned(PS if you still have the Revan skin can you post it,it just makes him seem older(60 right.)

3.Why did you choose to have prerendered movies with lower resolution,instead of doing them ingame?Just puzzels me is all,many modelers have adapted the pre-rendered ,lover-res movies of Kotor and Kotor II to work with the in-game engine?// Just curious ,is all.

Apart from that,ive encountered couple of bugs and irregularities,but ill post them later when im sure its not my fault.Ones again its astounding what you have created,most impressive is they dialog witch rivals if not superseeds Bioware and OE s work,its really mature and elaborate,and the reskining of the modules,i hardly recognizes some of them.I you dont my me asking ,do you work in game development,if not you should.People like you are the reason ive been playing KOTOR from the day it was released and will continue to do so,i thank you. Oh and is a possible patch on the way?////
 jedi7000nathan
02-24-2009, 5:54 PM
what will the first patch be fixing and adding
 EGJason
02-24-2009, 6:05 PM
Hey, Trex Nice Job, really
However It still could use Improvement but then again what couldn't?

Great Job,
EGJason
P.S. Hey Guys,
A Child has recently gone missing check out my Signature for the link and try to spread the word...
 JediAthos
02-24-2009, 8:06 PM
I'm very impressed Trex, this is very good work considering the extent of the mod. I think I'm having some issues with the voice files... is Tsig supposed to have a voice? If so then I have an issue because she doesn't.

Other than that I don't think I have anything glaring to point out that hasn't already been discussed here. So, I say again, nice work, and I look forward to any fixes or patches or whatever else you may do with this.
 Trex
02-25-2009, 7:49 AM
what will the first patch be fixing and adding

I'm not fully decided, but I think the first patch will just fix bugs. A little later I'll release a small 'expansion pack' with the likes of voices, some restored content (including maybe more possible apprentices, an extra planet and maybe one of the two cut endings).
 Ibelin
02-25-2009, 9:21 AM
As i see in the walk-through,Peragus is not a part of the mod.And i'll will do this :headbump if you confirm that Trek.
So why can't i play the mod Trek?I have no other mod in my comp.I've installed all the 4 necessary part.
 Pikmin
02-25-2009, 10:22 AM
You should be able to click new game and start from the beginning of the mod.

@Trex I have a made a movies.2da & dialog.tlk that allows your TJM movies to be played from the movies menu.
 Trex
02-25-2009, 12:17 PM
I've just put the first patch up on the website. Doesn't add any new content, but it solves a few of the important problems, such as ;

- All apprentices now work correctly
- The Jedi temple can be accessed during the final battle
- Lolma has the correct voice

http://www.d-ex-d.com/TJMDOWNLOAD.html)

As i see in the walk-through,Peragus is not a part of the mod.And i'll will do this :headbump if you confirm that Trek.
So why can't i play the mod Trek?I have no other mod in my comp.I've installed all the 4 necessary part.

Sounds like it may be a problem with the modules directory. Is there anything 'different' about yours? Is it still in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Modules?

If not, my best suggestion would be to redownload and reinstall the modules file.

@Trex I have a made a moves.2da that/dialog.tlk that allows your TJM moves to be played from the movies menu.

Neat. Are you enquiring if I would like a PM with the file, cause if so, the answer is yes. :)
 LordDryfas
02-25-2009, 7:40 PM
Mind posting a little file of the revan skin,seen in the movies,oh and just finished the ending,dont know why some people were complaining,it was the best star wars ending ive EVER seen(buggy as hell tho,had to load dosens of times to get it working,but totally worth it),was smiling all the way till the end,,revan as a martyr pure genius,or the HK retaliation,evil ending ties in quite nice,cant wait to see the others.
 Ibelin
02-26-2009, 4:46 AM
Thank you Trek.I got the problem solved.
And Mandy Lorian is a good idea:lol:
 Hawkstrong16
02-26-2009, 4:29 PM
I have a small problem...

when I'm trying to do Shadows quest and I get to where I have to talk to the Aquakish Merchant. He just tells me I'm not one of his customers. And I do have Shadow in my party when I do this
 jedi7000nathan
02-26-2009, 6:23 PM
I have a small problem...

when I'm trying to do Shadows quest and I get to where I have to talk to the Aquakish Merchant. He just tells me I'm not one of his customers. And I do have Shadow in my party when I do this

its a merchant in the 1 story store
 Hawkstrong16
02-26-2009, 6:35 PM
its a merchant in the 1 story store

Where is the one story store exactly?
 jedi7000nathan
02-26-2009, 9:11 PM
off the senate just look for the sign that says its the one storie store
 Hawkstrong16
02-26-2009, 9:49 PM
Thank you I managed to find it. It was pretty well hiddin, but I got it!
 jedi7000nathan
02-27-2009, 2:39 PM
your welcome
 Endorenna
02-27-2009, 6:09 PM
Hey, Trex, would you do me a favor? Once the non-beta version of this is out, please, send me a PM! :xp: (I'd play through it now anyway, but I'm a little short on time. :()

Thank you so much! :xp:

Edit: I've only read the first page of this thread, so I'm really, really sorry if this is a stupid question. :o
 Pikmin
02-27-2009, 6:26 PM
The mod is released, it isn't in beta...
 Endorenna
02-27-2009, 6:30 PM
Err...sorry. My bad. I skimmed over the first page, and I got the impression that it was in beta. :O

Sorry about that! I'm gonna download it ASAP! Xp
 Trex
02-27-2009, 6:55 PM
Err...sorry. My bad. I skimmed over the first page, and I got the impression that it was in beta. :O

Sorry about that! I'm gonna download it ASAP! Xp

To a certain degree, this is still the beta (although it's officially the first release). It depends how you see it.

It's definately a complete game as it is, but I'm already sorting out an expansion pack which will make it much more complete.
 Endorenna
02-27-2009, 7:43 PM
Quick question that's probably already answered earlier in the thread. :lol: Where do I install the patch? The override folder?

Edit: I tried to install the voice/music/modules/movies, and it said that the files contained invalid data. o_0 The override one worked fine. I have the music in the Streammusic folder, the modules in the modules folder, the movies in the Streammovies folder, and the voice in the Streamvoice folder. Do I have them in the right places?
 Pikmin
02-27-2009, 7:55 PM
It should automatically choose the right folder.
 Endorenna
02-27-2009, 7:56 PM
O-kay, the same probably goes for the things mentioned in the edit. :lol: I'll try it again.
 jedi7000nathan
02-27-2009, 11:25 PM
anything to expect in the expansion trex might i suggest adding puppets to any new party members
 Drunkside
02-28-2009, 6:04 AM
I started playing this yesterday, and even though all the modeling and texturing seem to be done just quickly out of the way (it looks horrible at some times...) it is a real great mod. But what really bugs me is that spongebob thing... why, i repeat, WHY did you make it?
 Trex
02-28-2009, 7:19 AM
anything to expect in the expansion trex might i suggest adding puppets to any new party members

It would make sense for Tsig to have a remote, wouldn't it?

There's going to be a new planet which I'm putting together, but alot of the stuff will be in the smaller details. For instance, I've just been adding some smoke and flames coming off the crashed shuttle on dxun. It always bugged me that the crash was a little too 'clean'.

I'm currently trying to cast voice actors, but there's no takers so far. Can anyone else name any voice actor sites similar to the one mentioned earlier in the thread?
 Pikmin
02-28-2009, 9:12 AM
pm sith holocron, he knows a lot of places.
 Canderis
02-28-2009, 9:18 PM
Trex did you, by chance, get the pm I send a while ago with the bugs I found?
 Gregthegen
03-01-2009, 12:55 AM
I
I'm currently trying to cast voice actors, but there's no takers so far. Can anyone else name any voice actor sites similar to the one mentioned earlier in the thread?

I can voice act, I and several others have offered before. I am not a "professional" however if that is what you are looking for. Though my voice is good and I have a good mike.

I'm not going to offer again though, I don't want to pester you. Anyway, I am certain there are other voice-acting guilds out there other than the one mentioned earlier. Be warned though, many people have a hard time getting their voice actors to deliver their lines on time, if at all. Best to ask for help at as many places as possible.
 Sith Holocron
03-01-2009, 1:26 AM
 Endorenna
03-01-2009, 2:05 AM
Trex, I'm playing it now. Awesome work! :xp: (I can't believe I ever referred to it as a 'beta version'. :eek: Again, sorry about that!)
 Trex
03-01-2009, 6:25 AM
Trex did you, by chance, get the pm I send a while ago with the bugs I found?

I have one sent on the 9th of Feb. Is there a more recent one?

I can voice act, I and several others have offered before. I am not a "professional" however if that is what you are looking for. Though my voice is good and I have a good mike.

I'm not going to offer again though, I don't want to pester you. Anyway, I am certain there are other voice-acting guilds out there other than the one mentioned earlier. Be warned though, many people have a hard time getting their voice actors to deliver their lines on time, if at all. Best to ask for help at as many places as possible.

Is it alright to PM you if I get stuck?

Some options for you . . .

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/)

http://voiceacting.proboards62.com/)

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/207423/445)

http://my.voiceacting.co.uk/forum/)

Good luck!

Thanks. Might as well try them all.

Trex, I'm playing it now. Awesome work! :xp: (I can't believe I ever referred to it as a 'beta version'. :eek: Again, sorry about that!)

Nice to see you're enjoying it. :)
 Time Lord
03-01-2009, 6:54 AM
Hey Trex something I've just thought of is: that Canderous' dialogue refers to Boran even when not on the ship, so why not add Boran as a puppet for Canderous?
 Gregthegen
03-01-2009, 8:29 PM
Is it alright to PM you if I get stuck?

Sure, your the mod-maker. If you ever need help, just pm me.
 rebedo
03-02-2009, 2:29 PM
When you go to etti your in the dock area. When you go to the refuge area your lightsaber, the one you get in the beginning, it Vanquishs. It might be that i equiped a dark lightsaber in the off hand though. When you get into the rufuge building the dark jedi lightsaber is in the main hand and the original is gone.
 Ibelin
03-03-2009, 5:19 AM
Trex please make Bastila look younger with the patch.More than 10 years is not quite a long time.So i think her skin should be smoother.She looks too old in the mod.
 Trex
03-03-2009, 6:25 AM
When you go to etti your in the dock area. When you go to the refuge area your lightsaber, the one you get in the beginning, it Vanquishs. It might be that i equiped a dark lightsaber in the off hand though. When you get into the rufuge building the dark jedi lightsaber is in the main hand and the original is gone.

Did you doing anything in the area? My first thought is that the dark Jedi lightsaber is only usably by DS characters, and if you get too many light points it can just dissappear from your hands.

Trex please make Bastila look younger with the patch.More than 10 years is not quite a long time.So i think her skin should be smoother.She looks too old in the mod.

I you want her back to normal, search through your override folder and delete the file P_BastilaH04.

Incidently, if you want to use Messkell's mature Bastila mod (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Bastila_Shan_Mature_Look;91014), you should be able too as long as you install after TJM.
 Ibelin
03-03-2009, 7:05 AM
I'm doing that.Thanks Trex!
 GameGeeks
03-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Trex, I don't think it's the lightsaber. Mainly since it's just a name and there's not alignment restriction placed on it and you can't upgrade them.
 Canderis
03-03-2009, 5:52 PM
I have one sent on the 9th of Feb. Is there a more recent one?

Nope that's it.
 Wedge Suron
03-04-2009, 2:14 PM
Am I the only one having trouble getting onto stations off of the Eagle?
Page: 4 of 10