Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1] Legacy of The Force

Page: 1 of 1
 Ulmont
07-11-2008, 3:09 PM
Here's a bit of dialogue that explain this:

"Come, Reven. Learn your legacy.... your.... destiny."

Bastilla: "Tatoine..... Kashyyk....... Manaan.... Korriban...."
Malak: "You are Reven"
Carth: "The Force...."

"These are moments from your past. Your destiny, however, lies elsewhere. On Manaan, you found the ancester of the Selcath.... On Tatoine, you fought a Krate Dragon, both impressive. You survived Kashyyk... and the tombs of Korriban.... Yet you have not faced true peril. The True Sith, or M'ryneash as they are called, resurrected Malak, but left only a Vanguard of their forces to oppose you. The Star Forge was impressive, and you know that. But it, like the rest is but a taste. Open you're eyes Reven, become who you really are. The jedi are misguided... the Sith blind. You are on the path, and can SEE. Do not become one with the force, or seek to dominate it.... become the force. The galaxy is one of millions... the universe one of thousands. But the force...... the force is you. Journey forward into the traverse... but be wary. For you true foes... are those who are you allies................"

After this, you receive a new galaxy map. A.K.A. a Universe Map. You select a galexy, and travel to it. You battle the True Sith, and the seek to unravel a plot that spans throught time. You travel to many worlds, and reach the climax when you discover the real threat: A Bio-synthetic race of machines known as the Spectreat.

I need to know if all of this is possible.... And:

Does any modeler here want to temp/perma join CWS for this project. Because we really need a modeler.
 Fiestainabox
07-11-2008, 4:13 PM
Thats a REALLY big mod to do, and a lot of it doesn't seem to fit in with lore, it seems your trying to tie in Mass Effect with Kotor, I'm not the biggest fan of Mass Effect, but honestly, there completely different games.... and your pretty much taking the storyline from Mass Effect....

Also, if I'm pronouncing it correctly "Spectreat" doesn't sound very scary...

IIRC, there's already a book called Legacy of The force, or was it a book series?

Maybe you should focus on things a tad bit smaller instead of trying to make Kotor 3.
 TriggerGod
07-11-2008, 4:20 PM
Thats a REALLY big mod to do, and a lot of it doesn't seem to fit in with lore, it seems your trying to tie in Mass Effect with Kotor, I'm not the biggest fan of Mass Effect, but honestly, there completely different games.... and your pretty much taking the storyline from Mass Effect....

Also, if I'm pronouncing it correctly "Spectreat" doesn't sound very scary...

IIRC, there's already a book called Legacy of The force, or was it a book series?

Maybe you should focus on things a tad bit smaller instead of trying to make Kotor 3.

It wasn't his idea. Hes just copying the post that the OP made at CWS.
Besides, we have a nice, proven staff :)
 Fiestainabox
07-11-2008, 4:29 PM
Heh, I'm glad you have the staff, because a mod that size will take months to do, just look at TSLRP, its STILL going.

My suggestion, ditch the Mass Effect references, it would work in the ME universe, but would just stick out like an ugly kid, in the Star Wars universe.

But, that is only my suggestions, please, feel free to completly ignore me :)

PS:Seriously, Spectreat? I'm pronouncing it "Speck-Treet"
 NightHammer
07-11-2008, 4:31 PM
That'd be crazy! Although the scope of this project makes it sound near impossible to do..
 TriggerGod
07-11-2008, 4:37 PM
We has talented almost everythings. Scripters, Skinners, General Modders. We always need moar, but thats another story.

PS:Seriously, Spectreat? I'm pronouncing it "Speck-Treet"
I'm guessing its supposed to be Spectre or Specter.
 Sithspecter
07-11-2008, 4:37 PM
To be honest, you're talking in galaxies... That's like, on average, 20+ planets per galaxy. Lots of work...And you're saying that travelling to these galaxies is just the beginning?
 TheExile
07-11-2008, 4:40 PM
Like WOW!!!
A small expansion pack would work but... what you want it's nowhere near small...
It's like a new total conversion mode, new planets, new chars, new scripts, new dialogs...
And after you finish the game - the normal one- you also need a new Galaxy Map, cauze it's a new Galaxy...Universe...
It's too big, and the those Galaxies would have like 4-7 planets... Too big... Would require years...
 Silveredge9
07-11-2008, 4:52 PM
Just to put things into perspective for you. A single planet approaching anywhere near the amount of depth as the Bioware ones would take months and months of planning, design, implementation and testing to complete. Multiply that by however many planets you intend to include, and you have a project that would span a number of years, and that's if you manage to keep the development of the project running at optimum efficiency.

My advice, develop a project with a realistic goal. Start off small, and gain some experience - Then move onto bigger things.
 Sithspecter
07-11-2008, 4:54 PM
And if you're wanting to model new planets (if that's what the modeler's for) it's at least four times what Silver said.
 Doc Valentine
07-11-2008, 5:07 PM

Apart from the whole Universe Map idea, this is something that really worries me. Regardless of who thought it up, it still bears an unsettling resemblance to the Mass Effect plot, and I'm not talking just similarities, I think the whole Bio-Organic Machines discovered as the real threat, is what really makes it a problem.

I'm guessing its supposed to be Spectre or Specter.

Specters are also from Mass Effect, though they weren't the Bio-Organic Machines. I guess it's good that you didn't name them "The Reapers" otherwise, well, yea...

Anyways, you should consider rethinking the plot in those areas, as well as toning it down a little. I mean... a Universe Map? I don't mean to rag on ambition, but that's taking it a little far.

Just my opinion,

-Doc
 Fiestainabox
07-11-2008, 5:15 PM
Just to put it in perspective, TES:Oblivion started development in 2002, right after TES:Morrowind was released, it was released in 2006. It was developed by the Bethesda team, which, my guess is close to 60 people. These are professionals being paid to make that game.

Four years, at top speed, making 1 game. Your attempting to make something that is BIGGER than Oblivion, with a tenth of the people, for free, with no face to face communication (That I know of)

I'd give you an ETA of 6 or 7 years...
 Sithspecter
07-11-2008, 5:35 PM
^I'd say more than that. He's wanting to create 20+ planets
 Darth InSidious
07-11-2008, 6:26 PM
I've spent three years on a single planet. 20+?

Just a little over-ambitious, IMO.
 Master Shake
07-11-2008, 6:34 PM
Just a little over-ambitious, IMO.
Just a tad :p

Well if you guys have the time and skill i say go for it.
 Ulmont
07-11-2008, 8:24 PM
Having spoken very clearly with the author (Arbiter of Pain if you want to complain to him)

1. The pronounciation is:
Spec-Treet
2. It isn't a Mass Effect refrence, he though of this back in 2005
3. He knows it will take forever. So he isn't doing new planet-models, or at least very few.
4. Myself, he, and a few others find the constant rebukes of mods like this.... annoying. Whenever a large-scale mod is completed, it's either really good, or a piece of crap... assuming it gets finished. He, and those who work on this aim for the really good
5. It's being released in parts. So it is more like 10000000 tiny projects.
6. I wish at least 3 people here would wish us luck. Instead of kindly telling us the chances of failure.
7. Yes, Legacy of the Force is a series of books, but complain to AOP, not me.

-Ulmont
 Thankteamgizka
07-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Having spoken very clearly with the author (Arbiter of Pain if you want to complain to him)

Spec-Treet
3. He knows it will take forever. So he isn't doing new planet-models, or at least very few.
4. Myself, he, and a few others find the constant rebukes of mods like this.... annoying. Whenever a large-scale mod is completed, it's either really good, or a piece of crap... assuming it gets finished. He, and those who work on this aim for the really good
6. I wish at least 3 people here would wish us luck. Instead of kindly telling us the chances of failure.
7. Yes, Legacy of the Force is a series of books, but complain to AOP, not me.

-Ulmont

Well i wish you luck
 Da_Man_2423
07-12-2008, 12:57 AM

They're not telling you the chances of failure, they're telling you the time that something like this would need. I'm more than positive that everyone wishes you the best of luck with this, but numerous projects on a much smaller scale than this haven't even gotten off the ground.
 Darth InSidious
07-12-2008, 8:10 AM
Well, it's good to know it was very clearly. Mumbling is bad, mkay? :p

Spec-Treet
FYI, that should be "pronunciation". But I won't hold it against you. ;)

A word of advice? In my experience, such claims aren't worth much, since you can't substantiate them.
That really isn't what takes forever. The planning and implementation of the storyline, the writing of dialogues, scripts, etc., however, does - new area models or no.
Well then, don't produce one. It's all part of the territory, and the number of less ambitious projects that have flopped is an object lesson. We've seen plenty of this kind of project before, and 99.9% have failed.
That doesn't change the workload.

Well, perhaps before leaping into the fray you should have produced something to show us what you're capable of?

Seriously, there have been at least a dozen attempts at projects like this, all of which have failed. The only project of any similarity that has succeeded so far is Silveredge's BoS, and that was never intended to be its final size - which is still minuscule compared to your own ambitions.

I suspect this project is only vaguely laid out, with a broad idea of the plot put together. If so, you need to start planning much more meticulously. I also suspect you don't really know much about many areas of storyline modding, but I'm sure you can pick those up... eventually.I have a further sneaking suspicion that that the team is disorganised, full of conflicting personalities and ideas. If so, this project is certainly in danger of failure.

But what really worries me is that you refuse to take on board the advice of those more experienced than you. If nothing else, the demand for praise here really worries me, and suggests that this mod is not being made for you yourselves and for the sake of the mod itself. To me, anyway. And that will doom it to failure.

Nevertheless, I'll wish you luck.

But since my advice has fallen on deaf ears, I don't think I need offer my help when and if you come asking for assistance here.
 Ulmont
07-12-2008, 1:27 PM
They're not telling you the chances of failure, they're telling you the time that something like this would need. I'm more than positive that everyone wishes you the best of luck with this, but numerous projects on a much smaller scale than this haven't even gotten off the ground.

:lol: If I had I nickel for every time I heard that..... :lol: *ahem* Alright. Thankyou all for the advice. I will relay it. And when he comp if fixed AOP shall post here in whatever manner he pleases. (Personally I think it will fail, 'cause it's not even being worked on until TTS is done. Since it's a sequel o_0. Don't ask. I owed him a favor.)
 NightHammer
07-12-2008, 1:39 PM
Well if you DO go through with it, then good luck.:D Just keep in mind the scope and difficulty of what you attempt!
 Ulmont
07-12-2008, 7:46 PM
Thanks NH, well keep that in mind. But fist.... THE TAKE-OVER OF THE WORLD!!!!! :D
 TriggerGod
07-14-2008, 5:42 PM
Errm.. ok?
Anyways, we have some stuff that Ulmont wants me to post. Hes gone ATM, but he gave me some images:
http://i33.tinypic.com/kcclzt.jpg)
http://i38.tinypic.com/r8gpi9.jpg)
Clicky (http://home.casema.nl/jessevandijk/finished/journey.jpg)

He also posted another image, but I can't find it. Oh well :D
 Sithspecter
07-14-2008, 5:46 PM
How are you guys going to do the Snow pic? Are you going to model that?
 TriggerGod
07-14-2008, 5:54 PM
Once we find one :D (We've already contacted 2 modelers I know of that don't have any projects AFAIK)
 Ulmont
07-14-2008, 10:29 PM
How are you guys going to do the Snow pic? Are you going to model that?

By enslaving you. :P Actually, like TG said, we're contacting some modelers that apparently have no work. Though once you have cleared you plate (including the current project of which there is to be no speaking) we were hoping to assimilate you to do our models. (Since your expertise = Muchos Grandes). BTW leave us some feedback. Like if we post a concept and you say "Who are you getting to do this" then we know nothing. But if you say "THIS SUCKS! NEVER, EVER, PUT THIS IN YOUR MOD," then we know something. :D And besides, all we ever do is try to take over the world with monstrous superweapons. :tank1:

With Love (unless you're a guy, and then it might be admiration),

-Canyon Workshops Modding Team
 TriggerGod
07-14-2008, 10:35 PM
By enslaving you. :P Actually, like TG said, we're contacting some modelers that apparently have no work. Though once you have cleared you plate (including the current project of which there is to be no speaking) we were hoping to assimilate you to do our models. (Since your expertise = Muchos Grandes). BTW leave us some feedback. Like if we post a concept and you say "Who are you getting to do this" then we know nothing. But if you say "THIS SUCKS! NEVER, EVER, PUT THIS IN YOUR MOD," then we know something. :D And besides, all we ever do is try to take over the world with monstrous superweapons. :tank1:

With Love (unless you're a guy, and then it might be admiration),

-Canyon Workshops Modding Team
*whistles*
Anyways, I like to take over the world on a smaller scale. Such as a bunch of calculators and dividing by zero :)
I think by the time SS finishes all of his WIPs (the flowing cape, Sleyheron, URM...) I'll have finished my WIPs, discovered how to make saber hilts (which I hope is very soon :D) and have done some of the other mods for TSL on CWS :D
I'm on teh chat now, Ulmont
 Fiestainabox
07-14-2008, 11:59 PM
I hope you guys aren't going to pretend that you've created those drawings...

I find the armors name...interesting...

straight out of morrowind I must say...

Also, you said this mod is going to be a sequel, why are you posting stuff about it...

kinda getting ahead of yourselves I must say...
 Doc Valentine
07-15-2008, 2:26 AM

I find the armors name...interesting...

straight out of morrowind I must say...

Actually, that Chitin Armor is from Star Wars Galaxies. So it is already part of the Star Wars universe. But yes, it is not their own original creation.

I'm curious to see how you are going to get that into the game.

-Doc
 Quanon
07-15-2008, 9:23 AM
I'm curious to see how you are going to get that into the game.

-Doc

Was wondering about that aswell, anyway it seems their found some Modellers, which is a good thing :)

The more peeps, the more stuff we can devide to explore and look into, without letting SS do all the works:lol:
 TriggerGod
07-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Was wondering about that aswell, anyway it seems their found some Modellers, which is a good thing :)

The more peeps, the more stuff we can devide to explore and look into, without letting SS do all the works:lol:

Errm... actually, we haven't gotten a response from either of the people I asked...

EDIT:
And since when is it a bad thing to let SS do all the work? :xp:
 Ulmont
07-15-2008, 2:59 PM

No, we don't pretend we made those, actually, I took 'em straight from the essential guide to weapons & tech. Since nobody at CWS has drawing talent. As far as we know.

-Ulmont
 e-varmint
07-15-2008, 3:21 PM
.........actually, I took 'em straight from the essential guide to weapons & tech...........

-Ulmont

I was looking through this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Weapon_stubs)

and mulling over the possibility of creating variations for one or two of the weapons. Is anyone doing the one shown above the Chitin Armor (in TG's post)? If not, I could make something similar.

Edit: I guess it would help if I knew the name of the blaster.

-
Page: 1 of 1