Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

K1 Enhancement Pack

Page: 8 of 9
 Canderis
03-15-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm sorry if this has been answered already, and I'm sorry for the bump, but do you mean with this "replacement" that some models just won't be seen in the game anymore (like the Gran head) or that you are going to improve/remake them, so that they won't be low-poly anymore?

I hope that this wasn't a dumb question, and if it is, I'm sorry...

He is going to improve the models to make them not low poly and make the textures better.
 memarik
03-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Really nice i like this.. :D thumbs up! and good work!
 DarthDementous
03-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Holy sith! This looks amazing! It's what I've always dreamed of! OH MAH GAWD C:
Can I join the team somehow? I can make terrain textures and stuff, if you need that.
 Mandalore The Shadow
03-26-2009, 4:27 PM
If you want you can check out some of my past reskin mods (link in my sig) and use them
 DarthYuugi
03-26-2009, 4:42 PM
Glad to see you're still making updates to this :D
 Christos K
03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Darth Hanhar I love your green Mandalorian.
 Mandalore The Shadow
03-27-2009, 1:28 PM
thanks that means alot use whatever you want as long as i get some credit also feel free to edit my designs

Deleted what were essentially spam posts here. I wish to again stress to everyone that 'bumps' and posts asking for "updates?" are considered spam around here, and you can and will be infracted for spam if you continue to do so. Sorry folks, but that's what PM's are there for so kindly ask that kind of thing there. Only an OP/Mod Maker may 'bump' their thread and only for an update, you posters may not ask in these threads for one, only via PM. -RH
 Tobirulz
06-28-2009, 5:34 AM
This looks really good but i wonder how many conflicts it could make with other mods because of its extensivness ???

also i think it looks wonderful.
 Ficus
06-28-2009, 7:58 AM
hi!

i tried to look for a download link, but i haven't found any. is it still unreleased? thank you.
 Christos K
06-28-2009, 1:04 PM
hi!

i tried to look for a download link, but i haven't found any. is it still unreleased? thank you.

The mod has not been released yet. On the first page you can see that two parts of the mod are at 100% but the last part is around 70%.
 fenix3279
06-28-2009, 4:57 PM
Did anyone notice it's been stuck at 70% since 12-04-2008?
That's almost 7 months of inactivity. The mod sounds dead to me.
 jonathan7
06-28-2009, 5:03 PM
Did anyone notice it's been stuck at 70% since 12-04-2008?
That's almost 7 months of inactivity. The mod sounds dead to me.

Thanks for that - just so you know the mod is still active, but Space Alex has a real life, and has changed jobs, so other things are a more pressing priority for him at the moment. The mod will be done; but it's coming when its done.

No more further questions of when will this be released or for updates; I will issue sanctions should this warning not be heeded -- j7
 Totenkopf
07-11-2009, 4:18 PM
Well, just discovered your NPC mod pack in your sig. Like that you replaced some of those generic appearance npcs. Never liked them. Look forward to mod's completion.
 SpaceAlex
07-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Hey all,

sorry for the lack of updates. As jonathan pointed out, I was kept busy with a host of other activities and endeavors. But now I'm back in my "workshop" (at least for a while), and I'm quite pleased to say that I've been working pretty hard on the mod for the last 2 weeks or so. :)

I, unfortunately, have nothing to show yet. I was planning to release a part of the mod, but I reconsidered - I'm going to release all at once instead, as originally planned. I would also like to have a short (or not) closed beta period before I fork out the final version - bugs are a bitch, you know. :D

This looks really good but i wonder how many conflicts it could make with other mods because of its extensivness ???

There will be conflicts - lots of them. Many smaller mods that change similar aspects of the game will naturally be incompatible with my mod, and there's really nothing I can do about it.

Skin and model files can be replaced without the fear of breaking anything. Other types of files (such as scripts, creature and item files, etc.) should be approached with care - some knowledge of KOTOR modding is required.

As far as the more popular mods (BoS, WotOR, Bastila Kiss, etc.) are concerned, compatibility will be ensured.

Well, just discovered your NPC mod pack in your sig. Wish I'd seen it sooner b/c not currently playing K1.

Heh, you can always start a new game. :xp:
 Totenkopf
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Well, just discovered your NPC mod pack in your sig. Wish I'd seen it sooner b/c not currently playing K1.

Heh, you can always start a new game.

Oh, I will eventually. Didn't realize it wasn't completed, got so caught up looking at pic changes I missed the 70% thing. I give it a run....when it's done. :)
 Emperor Devon
07-12-2009, 3:58 AM
Very much glad to see this project is still alive and well, and especially that it's reached a beta-testing stage. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the final release.

There will be conflicts - lots of them. Many smaller mods that change similar aspects of the game will naturally be incompatible with my mod, and there's really nothing I can do about it.

That reminds me, how does your mod implement all the changes it makes? Is it through a truckload of .utcs (I recall KotOR1 using the same names in relatively few instances, but it's been a while), module edits, or something else?
 fenix3279
07-12-2009, 2:09 PM
Welcome back SpaceAlex
 SpaceAlex
07-12-2009, 4:36 PM
That reminds me, how does your mod implement all the changes it makes? Is it through a truckload of .utcs (I recall KotOR1 using the same names in relatively few instances, but it's been a while), module edits, or something else?

Yeah, there will be lots modified .utcs. :D And yes, there are few files with the same name, so I was able to put most into the override (the few without a unique name were taken care of via scripts).

I avoided modifying too many modules (though it sure as hell would've been faster than dealing with scripts) for compatibility's sake; many mods incompatible with mine put their files into the override folder, and in order to stop them from overriding my mod's files, I had to do the same. Also, this method makes it easier for people to modify the contents (which is something I totally encourage, provided they know what they're doing).

I know it would be easiest to ask people to clean their override before installing my mod, but that wouldn't be proper; I want people to have as many mods installed as they please. So, I'm gonna go ahead and say you don't have to clean your override (though certain modified .2das could pose a problem) before installing NPCMP. Any files overridden (or modified) during the installation will be saved by the TSL Patcher in the backup folder, so people will be able to see which mods are compatible and which are not.
 Lord of Hunger
07-13-2009, 12:20 AM
It is good to hear from you again, SpaceAlex. Words cannot describe the feeling I get when I contemplate how much better KOTOR will be with this mod, BOSSR, WOTOR, and SS's Flowing Cape and Belt. The combination will result in a playthrough that will be unparalleled to any other experience I have had with this game, and I am sure I will not be alone in that assessment.

Incompatibility with other mods is very likely as this will significantly alter the game. However, I believe it is more than worth it to see KOTOR's NPCs gain unique faces, thus completing their personalities and individuality, bringing KOTOR further to perfection in its own right.
 Drewton
07-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Good to hear this is still active! Looks great.
 CrisG
09-09-2009, 10:52 PM
This looks to be a remarkable indeed unique enhancement for KoTOR. I look forward very much to your release when you are ready. Thank you very much for doing this work. I had thought to do some new female heads but may wait to see what you come up with, for you have worked on this for all the reasons that i felt it would be good to enhance things. I am going to add this to a list i maintain of Restorations for I feel this is indeed not only an enhancement but a restoration to a vision of KoTOR that Biowar themselves might have wanted had they had the time and the elbow room in development to reach for the stars....as you are for us. thanks so much.
 SpaceAlex
10-12-2009, 9:46 PM
It's finally time for a bit of an update: I am now through (I hope) with adding and changing things, and am now in the process of placing the stuff made into the game world. Taris, Dantooine, Kashyyyk, and Tatooine are already done; the rest will follow shorty. After I'm done with this, beta testing will take place, and then, finally, release.

If you can be bothered to browse back to the first page, it should become clear that things are truly coming to an end (though screens tell only half the story :xp:). Before you go, there are a few things I should clear out first:

- redrob was kind enough to provide me with unique Wookie skins (based on the Zaalbar model), and some armors for Czerka, Republic, and Sith; so if you happen to be impressed with them, you know who to thank. :D

- The armor re-skins probably look more like re-colors at first glance, but if you have an observant eye and are very familiar with the look of the vanilla armors, you will notice many little changes that hopefully make the armors look better.

That's all for now. Until next time, stay happy. :)
 jonathan7
10-12-2009, 10:27 PM
That's all for now. Until next time, stay happy. :)

Awesome, great update this mod will be a wonderful improvement to KotOR I can't wait to play it!
 redrob41
10-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Nice to see an update :) and the Wookiees look good in-game :D. - The armor re-skins probably look more like re-colors at first glance, but if you have an observant eye and are very familiar with the look of the vanilla armors, you will notice many little changes that hopefully make the armors look better.

New & Improved Light and Medium Armors (NEW!)::
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/Miscellaneous%20Mods/Armors_1.jpg)

I'll have to really look them over, 'cause you're right: I didn't spot anything out of the ordinary at first glance (besides some colour changes). Although, I don't doubt that you've tweaked them with great care & skill ;)
 Lord of Hunger
10-13-2009, 1:50 AM
Okay, I was having a bad day up until now because SpaceAlex? You just made it. The updates on the first page are beautiful. I think this mod more than any other will really make KOTOR into the game it should be. Hell, I can't wait to see the NPCs with your quality appearances using WOTOR and KWIP weapons, with Revan running by in Sithspecter's Flowing Robe and Belt fix after completing Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge....

*faints*
 Darth Payne
10-13-2009, 3:26 AM
Oh, wow.

I can't believe i forgott about this mod.

This has to be the best news i've had in the last 2 weeks.
 Quanon
10-13-2009, 7:04 AM
Wow, this is looking dang dingely nice :p
Great update SA!

Can't wait till release.
 darth-me
10-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Bloody Hell... Really good work here mate, this was one of the mods I was postponing my next playthrough for, but I'd pretty much given up on it. Looking through it all, there's very little I won't use, and an awful lot of character reskins I regularly use are going out the window. Can't wait for this (but I know I'll have to :xp:)
 SpaceAlex
10-13-2009, 5:22 PM
Thanks, everyone. Your words are most pleasing; if I were frozen, I'd surely melt :D (no sarcasm intended). Seriously, your comments are very much appreciated.

I'll have to really look them over, 'cause you're right: I didn't spot anything out of the ordinary at first glance (besides some colour changes). Although, I don't doubt that you've tweaked them with great care & skill ;)

Well, the class 7 armor reskins really are just recolors :xp: (hey, sometimes a different color can make wonders :p). And that's mostly because I couldn't find anything *wrong* with them, and I never change things that I feel don't need changing. The class 4 (I shamelessly copied a part from your Sith armor to the Light Exoskeleton; I wonder if you can tell which one ;)) and class 6 are definitely more than that, though. For example, you will notice that I removed the ugly side lines from the arms and legs that Bioware saw fit to put on every armor. :confused:

Still, I mostly concentrated on the heavy armors because I always felt they needed something more to look "cool". Also, someone had to fix those ugly boots. :D

Wow, this is looking dang dingely nice :p

Nothing compared to your masterful models, but it's worthy enough for the eyes to see. :D
 FaZzZa99
10-14-2009, 7:39 AM
Finally took the time to look over all the images on page 1, and i must say, i jizzed in my pants, though personally i prefer the classic malak look, though the fact that all you have done looks amazing goes without saying
 HdVaderII
10-14-2009, 5:35 PM
From the screens you have on the first page, all I have to say is. Amazing!
 Rinku
10-14-2009, 7:01 PM
Very nice the screenies on the first page blew my mind!

(now anyone who reads this post your mind is "preblown" :P [Big Bang theory reference] )
 redrob41
10-16-2009, 7:34 PM
Belaya (head model altered by redrob41) (UPDATED!):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/NPC%20Modification%20Pack/Belaya.jpg)

Hey, I know you've just updated this again, but I was thinking about the scar... what if she only has a scar when she's DS? I think that it would suggest that she got in a fight after going bad, and that's where she got the scar (especially if it looked "fresh"). Anyway, just an idea. Everything is looking great :)
 SpaceAlex
10-16-2009, 8:03 PM
Hey, I know you've just updated this again, but I was thinking about the scar... what if she only has a scar when she's DS? I think that it would suggest that she got in a fight after going bad, and that's where she got the scar (especially if it looked "fresh"). Anyway, just an idea. Everything is looking great :)

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess she could also have gotten it while training to become a Jedi, but that would make her life story seem less dramatic. :p So I will probably do it your way. ;)
 Crustmonger
10-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Wow, thoses screens look beautiful! Especially Belaya and Kashyyk and your generic humans. :thmbup1:
 Marius Fett
10-17-2009, 4:39 AM
I can see myself using that Belaya head as my PC. Great job. :D
 Canderis
10-17-2009, 10:15 AM
I can see myself using that Belaya head as my PC. Great job. :D

Was thinking the same thing :D

Great job SA!
 SpaceAlex
10-20-2009, 5:34 PM
Meh, while placing and editing NPC's on Manaan, I discovered that there are many Echani Mercenaries with "normal" looking hair and eyes on the planet. :mad: For this reason, I had to go back to the drawing board and make a few Echani heads. :raise:

You can see them here if you want:

Humans:

12 more generic heads (UPDATED!):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/NPC%20Modification%20Pack/Commoners.jpg)

Honestly, I can't believe my "luck". If this continues, I may never finish this thing. :D
 HdVaderII
10-20-2009, 6:09 PM
Wow! Those look really nice! You just keep coming out with more quality work, don't you!
 Quanon
10-20-2009, 6:14 PM
:drool2:

Awesome! Do that triple: awesome, awesome, AWESOOOOOOOOMMMMEE!

Very nice work as always SpaceAlex, though do please release this baby someday :p
 Lord of Hunger
10-21-2009, 3:20 AM
Ditto on what Quanon said. This is as awesome as hell and every little bit more is makes KOTOR endlessly more amazing. However, a release is also cool. ;)
 redrob41
10-21-2009, 2:33 PM
Meh, while placing and editing NPC's on Manaan, I discovered that there are many Echani Mercenaries with "normal" looking hair and eyes on the planet. :mad: For this reason, I had to go back to the drawing board and make a few Echani heads. :raise:
Yeah, I saw those guys too. I even made an Echani (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2400724) mod to try and fix it. If you want to use 'em SA, go ahead.

I like the look of yours, especially the females. Nice touch with the eyebrows. 'Though, the eyes of the second male Echani have a bit of trouble with the mirrored seam in the middle.
Honestly, I can't believe my "luck". If this continues, I may never finish this thing. :D
You'll get there eventually. And when you do, it'll be the best it can be, simply because you're so meticulous :). Keep it up :thumbsup:
 Rinku
10-21-2009, 3:15 PM
O_O Those are amazing^1000000000 . Love the heads they look very cool, keep it up :D
 Marius Fett
10-21-2009, 3:31 PM
The beard on the third male from the left looks a little too perfectly shaped, which is a little unnatural to look at.

Aside from that, great work as always. ^_^
 SpaceAlex
10-21-2009, 8:14 PM
Thanks for taking the time to comment, guys. I know it's not much, but it keeps us (modders) going. :shades2:

Yeah, I saw those guys too. I even made an Echani (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2400724) mod to try and fix it. If you want to use 'em SA, go ahead.

Thanks! I've forgotten about those. Ah well, you can never have too many... especially in a clone infested game like KOTOR. :D

'Though, the eyes of the second male Echani have a bit of trouble with the mirrored seam in the middle.

Quite right - I'll have to fix that.

The beard on the third male from the left looks a little too perfectly shaped, which is a little unnatural to look at.

Ah, that one. You know, I actually spent a lot of time trying to get it to look that way. :D But now I see it would be better if I made it a bit less "perfect"."
 Christos K
10-22-2009, 8:13 PM
Take your time SpaceAlex. The work you have done is amazing. No matter which year you release this mod in you are GOING to get the Mod of Year award.
 DarthKalrend
10-24-2009, 10:49 PM
This is turning out to be one great work of art. I can't wait to see what you do to Mission in terms of looks. Keep up the good work.
 SpaceAlex
10-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Err, here's something new:

Dantooine:

Council, Courtyard (UPDATED!):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/NPC%20Modification%20Pack/Dantooine.jpg)

Mannan:

Atho City (UPDATED!):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/NPC%20Modification%20Pack/Mannan.jpg)

Yeah, not much (I'm a busy man, you know :p), though I did manage to restore quite a bit of content (some new Bastila lines and an Echani Mercenary who has about as much lines of dialog as the other two mercenaries [Mandalorian and Iridonian]).

I also finally forced the Republic to recruit some females. A very important change, IMO. :xp:

Additionally, I moved some NPC's to different positions, so that they don't look so out of place anymore. I mean, take Hulas for example: the guy refuses to discuss things in front of your party members, but he apparently trusts that small band of Republic soldiers standing right in front of him so much that he is willing to discuss the clan's greatest secrets with them. :confused:

So, overall, I think this is a worthy update. :D
 Sith Holocron
10-31-2009, 11:43 PM
SpaceAlex, do you forsee any compatibility issues with either Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge or Recruitable Kay now that you've changed some of the dialogue options for some of the party NPCs?

If I recall correctly, you also made corrections that restores the conversation Juhani has with Canderous, right?
 Quanon
11-01-2009, 6:00 AM
Man, that looks epic!
Can't say much more, then what I said before: AWESOME!

Really looking forward to all these small extras :)
Page: 8 of 9