Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

K1 Enhancement Pack

Page: 6 of 9
 Christos K
01-05-2009, 4:44 PM
lol at first I was gonna be like damn...I requested extra nonsense too :hor: But than I read further read and was happy. Keep up the wonderful work SA. Hope to see this as #1 mod soon :)
 Canderis
01-05-2009, 4:55 PM
It would be really cool if this, BOS, and Kotor: TJM all came out in the same week.
 fenix3279
01-06-2009, 6:02 AM
Wow, that's really great work!

SA, I noticed one jedi wearing the KotOR default robes in the Dantooine screenshot. Since the default jedi robes are still there, how did you find the slot space for your new knight/master robes?
 michca
01-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I justed wanted to let you know these new textures for NPCs look great. Looking forward to seeing this released.
 SpaceAlex
01-06-2009, 1:12 PM
SA, I noticed one jedi wearing the KotOR default robes in the Dantooine screenshot. Since the default jedi robes are still there, how did you find the slot space for your new knight/master robes?

Yeah, I left the default Jedi Robe model alone because there are many great mods out there that replace it. I instead used the class C armor (the weakest of armors) slot. But it only affects the Jedi (I've created new slots for them in appearance.2da) and possibly the player characters if people decide to install that particular part of the mod (I personally never use those armors - they look quite ugly :p), so the armor hasn't been completely removed from the game. You will still encounter NPC's wearing it throughout the game (Deadeye for example :D).
 plokoon87
01-06-2009, 4:25 PM
SA, this mod is looking better and better as time goes on. One quick question: will this mod interfere with BOS at all?
 redrob41
01-06-2009, 6:05 PM
You will still encounter NPC's wearing it throughout the game (Deadeye for example :D).

say, you don't have a screenshot of Deadeye with the rest of the Taris Duelists on the first page of the thread. Did you give him a unique armour like the other duelists?
 plokoon87
01-06-2009, 6:16 PM
say, you don't have a screenshot of Deadeye with the rest of the Taris Duelists on the first page of the thread. Did you give him a unique armour like the other duelists?

Well, he did mention the, in his opinion, crappy looking class C armor, and I beleive that is what he means when he said Deadeye would be wearing it. Though I am glad that he is leaving Deadeye with that old armor, he doesn't deserve to have special armor! :xp:
 SpaceAlex
01-06-2009, 6:59 PM
One quick question: will this mod interfere with BOS at all?

Only one script is not compatible with it, but I'll be including a compatible version of it once I release this. What will happen once the sequel is released, I'm not sure.

Nah, just one of the already existing ones. I figured he's too green to be able to get a hold of an unique armor. :xp:
 jimstrom
01-06-2009, 7:00 PM
Hi Spacalex, i really like your suggestion of turning the Matales into chiss, but now the sandrals look a little bland, any chance of updating Rahasia and Nuriks facial features, and clothes so they look a little more unique?

Also another suggestion, could you update Jagi, Canderous old friend, to wear mandalorian armor? he is a mandalorian after all.
 redrob41
01-06-2009, 7:14 PM
Nah, just one of the already existing ones. I figured he's too green to be able to get a hold of an unique armor. :xp:

I wouldn't say he's green. After all, he's one of the oldest duelists there. He's just terrable at it :xp:
 SpaceAlex
01-07-2009, 2:28 AM
Hi Spacalex, i really like your suggestion of turning the Matales into chiss, but now the sandrals look a little bland, any chance of updating Rahasia and Nuriks facial features, and clothes so they look a little more unique?

I'm not sure. It's how I imagined them to look - close to how they looked before. Of course, nothing is final before release.

Also another suggestion, could you update Jagi, Canderous old friend, to wear mandalorian armor? he is a mandalorian after all.

Yeah, he'll be wearing Mand. armor. That has always bothered me as well.

I wouldn't say he's green. After all, he's one of the oldest duelists there. He's just terrable at it :xp:

He's the oldest, but I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere how long he has been at it. Regardless, since he's always loosing, I don't think he has enough credits to buy himself a shiny new armor. :D

I do like him, though. He's good for a laugh or two. My favourite is Marl, though; he seems to be the only intellect in there. :D
 redrob41
01-07-2009, 10:21 AM
since he's always loosing, I don't think he has enough credits to buy himself a shiny new armor. :D
True enough, but even though he can't afford new armour, you'd think he'd at least paint a logo or his name on his bargain basement combat suit. I was thinking of some kind of target reticule. Deadeye might think that it represents his nickname, but it would actually look like he painted a big target bullseye on himself :D.

I do like him, though. He's good for a laugh or two. My favourite is Marl, though; he seems to be the only intellect in there. :D

Same here. I always respect Marl's advice in-game because he has a voice like Morgan Freeman. The excellent skin you've made for him is very imposing, yet etched with the wisdom of experience. Now his face looks like it should match his voice really well.
 DarthYuugi
01-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Hey Space Alex are you changing the people at the murder trial ( The suspects cuz i know you're changing boolok )

Hope all is well with the project :)

Edit: BTW Space Alex how do you get the shiny CM_Barremetal texture in photoshop ( I Know so its not see through you need to change the envmap )

Is there a tool in photoshop what can add metalic look ? :D

Combining uneccisary posts. This is what is spam, posting a new post just because someone else posted is spam too, edit your previous post and add to that one. Especially in someones mod WIP thread. -RH
 Christos K
01-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Yah I would really like a jerk of a face for Rickard and a snotty sort of face for Handon.
 TriggerGod
01-07-2009, 5:46 PM
BTW Space Alex how do you get the shiny CM_Barremetal texture in photoshop ( I Know so its not see through you need to change the envmap )

I am in fact working on a tutorial on making an alpha channel, so if you have photoshop, you should be able to follow my tutorial with relative ease (note: Its almost done; look for it by the end of the day)
 SpaceAlex
01-08-2009, 2:07 AM
True enough, but even though he can't afford new armour, you'd think he'd at least paint a logo or his name on his bargain basement combat suit. I was thinking of some kind of target reticule. Deadeye might think that it represents his nickname, but it would actually look like he painted a big target bullseye on himself :D.

Hmm, that's not an entirely bad idea. :xp: In fact, the only bad thing about it is trying to come up with an appropriate logo. Maybe something like this emoticon: :eyemouth:. :D

Same here. I always respect Marl's advice in-game because he has a voice like Morgan Freeman. The excellent skin you've made for him is very imposing, yet etched with the wisdom of experience. Now his face looks like it should match his voice really well.

He does sound incredibly similar to Freeman, now that you mention it. Quite interesting.

Hey Space Alex are you changing the people at the murder trial ( The suspects cuz i know you're changing boolok )

I'm not sure if they'll be getting an unique appearance. I was thinking of giving them one of the selectable PC heads - the fifth Caucasian head for Handon and the fifth Black head for Rickard. :p Of course, if you select one of those heads for your PC, one of them will appear with a different head (so that you don't meet your twin).

BTW Space Alex how do you get the shiny CM_Barremetal texture in photoshop ( I Know so its not see through you need to change the envmap )

Seems like Trigger has you covered.
 GeorgNihilus
01-08-2009, 2:59 PM
Dammit SA! unbelievable work :drop2: :drop2: ...
I'm really interested in the NPC Modification Pack part of the mod specially, talking to same guy/woman so many times even in the same planet is one of the bothering points of this game ...
I suppose you'll add so many new head models ... awesome :golfclap:
Personally I'd prefer "less dark side" eyes for the Matales if you ask me. Some heads as Belaya's or Maton and Eli look really different, excellent. The more different NPCs you can make, the better this mod will be I think.

and by the way, who was Casandra?? :roleyess:
 fenix3279
01-09-2009, 12:00 AM
GeorgNihilus - Personally I'd prefer "less dark side" eyes for the Matales if you ask me

The Chiss were a tall, blue-skinned, red-eyed, near-human civilization from the Unknown Regions. It doesn't make them "dark side." They're supposed to look like that.

see them here
http://www.anakinworld.com/images/encyclopedie/espece-chiss.jpg)
 GeorgNihilus
01-09-2009, 11:07 AM
The Chiss were a tall, blue-skinned, red-eyed, near-human civilization from the Unknown Regions. It doesn't make them "dark side." They're supposed to look like that.

So Matales were chiss?? no idea, thanks for info, they look :evil2: anyway ...
I never heard mention of this in any of their dialogs right? :roleyess:

thanks, good modding! :)
 darth-me
01-09-2009, 11:33 AM
As far as I know, making them chiss was SA's idea, not mentioned ingame. I might be wrong though.
 SpaceAlex
01-09-2009, 6:38 PM
The more different NPCs you can make, the better this mod will be I think.

I probably won't be making much more than what's already done because, hey, I've got to finish this thing one day. :D Anyway, there's an update coming in which I'll be showing some new heads, and also some improved existing heads (the eyes have been greatly improved on many).

and by the way, who was Casandra?? :roleyess:

Mannan Swoop racer. I wasn't sure if I wanted to give her an unique appearance since she's a pretty minor character, but I was on the roll that day, so I went ahead and bit the bullet. :D

As far as I know, making them chiss was SA's idea, not mentioned ingame. I might be wrong though.

Yeah, it was my idea. I thought it would bring some more variety to the game. Plus, I think Ahlan is very Chiss-like, personality wise.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/Dump/ded.jpg)

Would this do? :D I've tried to make it as pathetic as possible.:xp: At first, I had something complex going it, but it looked too good for Duncan, so I restarted from scratch and came up with this wonderful creation. :D As awful as this looks, there is some meaning behind this symbol if you look close enough. I doubt that anyone will be impressed by this, though. :D
 plokoon87
01-09-2009, 7:54 PM
I actually like this armor reskin (minus the symbol). It looks like what Vaklu's forces are wearing in the Dxun jungle in TSL, remember?
 Lord of Hunger
01-09-2009, 8:17 PM
SpaceAlex, just did a review of all your previews and I have to say I might be looking forward to this mod more than BOS: Solomon's Revenge (*prays that Silveredge9 never reads this* :D).

Your reskin of Xor caught my eye more than the others. Did you intentionally make him human instead of Twilek so it would go along with Juhani's experiences with human xenophobia and discrimination or was this a happy coincidence?

Also, am I correct in assuming that the symbol on Duncan's armor is grafiti?
 fenix3279
01-09-2009, 8:45 PM
Haha, nice job SA. Duncan's armor is looking pretty good. Wait, not.. really good... bad-good, not good-good(?)... because his armor's of low quali--Ah, you know what I mean.
 TriggerGod
01-09-2009, 9:03 PM
Your reskin of Xor caught my eye more than the others. Did you intentionally make him human instead of Twilek so it would go along with Juhani's experiences with human xenophobia and discrimination or was this a happy coincidence?

Xor in K1 on the XBox was human, Xor in K1 on the PC was twi'lek, and he didn't like Twi'leks; didn't really make much sense story wise.

And SE, I think that logo is a representation of Deadeye; Its a face, with the eyes x-ed out, or "Deadeye"
 GeorgNihilus
01-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah, it was my idea. I thought it would bring some more variety to the game. Plus, I think Ahlan is very Chiss-like, personality wise.

I agree. Humans must not always be the galaxy's dominant race, or should we? :D

I can't wait for a download click on this ... :)
 maugomale
01-10-2009, 12:56 AM

I don't want to take credit on anything, but I suggested that Alex changed Xor to a human. A twi'lek that hates aliens doesn't make sense! He would hate himself as well! Also, the fact that Xor is a human in the Xbox version was another reason why I suggested this. :P

I also really liked the fact that Alex changed the Matales into Chisses (did I type that right?). It's got a nice message of how two people can fall in love, even when they are from different species (referring to Shem and Rahashia)

With that said, I shall slap myself to make the cheesyness go away...

*SLAP*
 Daos300
01-10-2009, 2:51 AM
Hahaha, I'm loving Duncan's new armor. This mod is shaping up very nicely.
 GeorgNihilus
01-10-2009, 5:17 PM
I'm thinking the one with the beard would fit Marl better, but I'm not really sure.

I prefer a bearded Marl too, looks like a member of the Jedi Order "might" be more careful with his personal appearance? poor Marl I'm killing him :D ...

and what's that mask of the improved heavy armors spoiler?? :eyepop I want it among my stuff for sure ... :)
 DarthYuugi
01-10-2009, 5:43 PM
I Like the New Duncan Armour

Anyways sorry if im annoying but SA I Have a question

You said you're replacing the c armour with jedi robes but doesent that have a restriction

How are you going to remove it in baseitems 2da

again sorry if annoying but im curious as ive tryed to do it before and dident know what causes the restriction in Baseitems 2da :D
 SpaceAlex
01-10-2009, 7:57 PM
First of all, I should mention that the base texture for Duncan's armor was already in the game, though I'm not sure if you can get that armor through normal play through. I thought it looked nice on Duncan, so I used it. :p

And SE, I think that logo is a representation of Deadeye; Its a face, with the eyes x-ed out, or "Deadeye"

That's it! Congratulations, your reward is a Cheese Cake (http://www.houseofcheese.co.uk/acatalog/CakeXmed.jpg). :D

and what's that mask of the improved heavy armors spoiler?? :eyepop I want it among my stuff for sure ... :)

I could be wrong, but I think it's from the Weapons of the Old Republic mod.

You said you're replacing the c armour with jedi robes but doesent that have a restriction

How are you going to remove it in baseitems 2da

In baseitems.2da, I just changed the fields under the itemtype and bodywar columns for the Jedi Knight/Master robes (there is already an entry there) to that of the Class C armor. This instructs the game that the new Jedi robes are where the Class C armors are in the appearance.2da.

Anyway, it's time for an update. I've updated quite a few skins, and also made some new ones. You can, as always, view my lovely creations on the first page (if the screens don't update for you, make sure to clear your browser history... alternatively, you could also keep refreshing this page (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/NPC%20Modification%20Pack/) until the new SS finally show). Additionally, you can view the previous screenshots here (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/History/) if you want to see what was improved.

A quick rundown of changes and additions can be found below. First, the changes:

- Sunry: Yup, I've improved this skin once again (can't seem to get enough of it :D) - the eyes and the beard were both improved. If you're interested, you can view the very first version of Sunry here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/History/Sample3.jpg) (quite a change, eh?).

- Belaya: It may be difficult to see the changes, but they're there. Basically the face has a bit more texture to it.

- Nemo: improved eyes and different clothes. :p

- Helena: not much, just improved eyes.

- Jon: Some major changes on this one. I think it looks far better than before. He's still a Zeltron, but now he actually looks decent. :D Make sure to check the old version of him here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/History/Jon.jpg), and compare it to the new one.

- Male Twi'lek's: 3 more generic heads were added, which means there are a total of 13 new generic male Twi'leks (excluding the unique appearances) in the game now, compared to 2 (green and orange) in the unmodded game. Also, I apologize for the incredibly wide SS. :D

- Mandalorians: fancier screenshot :xp: (had to do it... I'm anal :D).

- PFHC01 PC head: It seems that most are more interested in the new Belaya's head, which was based on this one; nevertheless, I continue to improve the skin for the original head model (it's still my favourite head for Revan [if I play as a female]). The skin has been improved similarly to Belaya's.

Now for the additions:

- Tanis: At first, I thought he already had an unique appearance (there's even an entry for him in the appearance.2da), but I later realized that he has one of the generic NPC heads, which was simply not used as often as the rest. Because of this, I've decided to give him an actual unique appearance. I hope you'll like it.

- More commoners: this adds 8 new generic heads (4 male and 4 female) into the game. The head textures for the NPC's in Czerka clothes were already in the game, but they were not use. The rest are new. I really like the males (the beards and all), but I'm not so proud of the females; I would've given them beards if I could. :D

I think that's about all. Until next time...
 DarthYuugi
01-10-2009, 8:13 PM
What i mean is not changing the UTI To read the apperance 2da but removing the no force power restriction on the class c armour

Sorry to be a bother

Cya
-DarthYugi
 SpaceAlex
01-10-2009, 8:39 PM
What i mean is not changing the UTI To read the apperance 2da but removing the no force power restriction on the class c armour

Sorry to be a bother

Cya
-DarthYugi

Oh, right. Sorry, things sometimes get a little cloudy when you're older. :D Anyway, you have to look into spells.2da. For each force power that is restricted by armor, you have to change the value under the "forbiditemmask" column from "0x003f" to "0x0000". That'll remove all restrictions.

Force Powers restricted by armor is a stupid feature, which makes no sense whatsoever, so I removed it. The only Force powers that should be restricted are Force Lightning and perhaps Force Speed, and even those should only be restricted for armors made entirely of metal. If the gauntlets are made of fabric (which they are in KOTOR, if I'm not mistaken), Force Lightning should not be restricted, even if the rest of the armor is covered in metal.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
 Daos300
01-10-2009, 9:26 PM
Very nice. Speaking of Weapons of the Old Republic I assume this will be compatable?
 Lord of Hunger
01-10-2009, 9:27 PM
I just looked at all the updates. SpaceAlex you are amazing!

Btw, are you planning on doing reskins for Elena (Sunry's wife) and Firith Me (the pazaak player from the trial)? Granted I want to install this mod ASAP, but the generic appearance of those two annoys the hell out of me.
 SpaceAlex
01-10-2009, 9:43 PM
Very nice. Speaking of Weapons of the Old Republic I assume this will be compatable?

Naturally.

Btw, are you planning on doing reskins for Elena (Sunry's wife) and Firith Me (the pazaak player from the trial)? Granted I want to install this mod ASAP, but the generic appearance of those two annoys the hell out of me.

They'll be getting a different appearance. They won't necessary have unique heads, but they also won't have one of those that can be seen on every corner. :D In fact, those heads that are very common now won't appear nearly as often with my mod installed, so even if I would've kept their faces, it probably wouldn't bother you.
 fenix3279
01-11-2009, 1:48 AM
I almost shed a tear after looking at the updates. No joke. Simply EXCELLENT work, SA!
 DarthYuugi
01-11-2009, 8:57 AM
Thanks space alex

Does that also remove the dexerty restriction ?

Thanks again

-DarthYugi
 Lord of Hunger
01-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Thank you, though to be honest Elena's head is annoying even when not seen. :D

Btw, I like what you did with Tanis. He's one of my favorite unimportant characters in the game ("Oh, it's probably about me not adhering to some archaic rules of conduct", that makes me laugh every time), so I'm glad he'll get a more individual look.
 GeorgNihilus
01-11-2009, 2:31 PM
I could be wrong, but I think it's from the Weapons of the Old Republic mod.

You weren't wrong. Thanks. Awesome mod that one now I recall. But this will be even better you know SA :) ... hope T7nowhere, Svцsh & Mono_Giganto are not reading this ha ha! :D

good modding! :thmbup1:
 redrob41
01-11-2009, 2:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/Dump/ded.jpg)
Would this do? :D I've tried to make it as pathetic as possible.:xp: At first, I had something complex going it, but it looked too good for Duncan, so I restarted from scratch and came up with this wonderful creation. :D As awful as this looks, there is some meaning behind this symbol if you look close enough. I doubt that anyone will be impressed by this, though. :D

That's awesome :D! He looks like he drew it with a crayon pointed out the bottom of his fist :lol:. Plus, only Deadeye would think that wearing brown camouflage to an urban dueling ring (which is mostly blue), would work to his advantage :xp:. The only question I have is: does he also have another face with deadeyes on his back, or is there a target painted there? ;)
 Salzella
01-11-2009, 3:45 PM
- Mandalorians: fancier screenshot :xp: (had to do it... I'm anal :D).

lol :xp:
- More commoners: this adds 8 new generic heads (4 male and 4 female) into the game. The head textures for the NPC's in Czerka clothes were already in the game, but they were not use. The rest are new. I really like the males (the beards and all), but I'm not so proud of the females; I would've given them beards if I could. :D

I also love the males - playable perhaps? :D i hate to restart the whole 'is this possible' tangent, but dayummm. the second especially is amazing - looks like Obi-wan :p

keep up the awesome work. i'm tempted to ask for a release date, but the answer is as predictable as it is understandable so i'll keep schtum :xp:
 Darth Payne
01-11-2009, 3:57 PM
I can promise you this SA, i'm never going to play the game again without this mod installed.

Btw, isn't the first new female head on the left used on one of the infected outcasts you encounter when you open the gate to the infected? It looks familiar.
 jimstrom
01-11-2009, 4:58 PM
great work this far spacealex, i assure you that this mod will become one of my favourites.

However, i've got a request, since you gave Malak a new look, how about giving Saul a new look too, since you are very good with beards, how about giving saul a beard, this would make him look more sinister.
 LeatherValkyrie
01-11-2009, 8:03 PM
great work this far spacealex, i assure you that this mod will become one of my favourites.

However, i've got a request, since you gave Malak a new look, how about giving Saul a new look too, since you are very good with beards, how about giving saul a beard, this would make him look more sinister.

Dooku-esque beard?
 plokoon87
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I agree. Admiral Karath would look much better with a beard.

SpaceAlex, like Darth Payne, I am never going to start this game again and do a play thru the right way with out your mod. I'll have fun with it (KSE is a nice tool) and tinker with a few lame savegames I have, but once this comes out, KOTOR will be like the 1997 release of the Original Trilogy - SPECIAL EDITION! Can't wait. Well actually I can, it is just a game, but it's such a fun game and you have MAD MODDING SKILLS!
 Sith Holocron
01-11-2009, 11:39 PM
I disagree on changing Saul Karath's unique appearance.
 SpaceAlex
01-12-2009, 8:11 AM
Thanks all. Though some of you are a little too generous, I think. :D This is hardly one of the best mods out there. :tsk:

Regarding Saul, I'm satisfied with his current face; I'm unlikely to change it.

Does that also remove the dexerty restriction ?

No, that's in baseitems.2da. Look under the "baseac" column and set it to 0. You may also set the "dexbonus" to the value of your liking.

The only question I have is: does he also have another face with deadeyes on his back, or is there a target painted there? ;)

Hmm, you mean someone painted it on his back when he wasn't looking. :xp:

Btw, isn't the first new female head on the left used on one of the infected outcasts you encounter when you open the gate to the infected? It looks familiar.

It might be the same model.

I also love the males - playable perhaps? :D i hate to restart the whole 'is this possible' tangent, but dayummm. the second especially is amazing - looks like Obi-wan :p

Well, you could also make it playable yourself once I release this. It isn't hard. :p
 Salzella
01-12-2009, 12:56 PM
not hard for you maybe :p my modding knowledge is pretty much non-existent. there's also the fact that the easiest method of making them playable would probably end up with a load of clones running around the place. undesirable :p
Page: 6 of 9