Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

K1 Enhancement Pack

Page: 5 of 9
 DarthYuugi
12-29-2008, 6:29 PM
i know a person you could do

You know the czerka office girl

her ive saw that head and its not a unique apperance lol :D
 redrob41
12-29-2008, 7:15 PM
That's an interesting proposition. I would do it if you could actually speak to more than two female DJ in the game :D (maybe there's more, I can't quite recall). I might do something with the males, though; I like the idea.

Will you be editing some of the uti files so that there is more variety in the game? From what I can remember, the Dark Jedi always attack in trios, but they all look the same. Will you be making it so that every time you get attacked by DJ, there is an apprentice, an adept, and a master? Will you be jumped by 2 males, and a female? Basically, are you planning on mixing them up a bit?

The only time I remember there being different appearances, is the three masters late in the game (wearing bright primary colours :xp:). They certainly would benifit from having different skin tones :).
 Lord of Hunger
12-30-2008, 2:55 AM
I have to say, this mod is looking great. Aside from generic lightsaber hilts (which I'm looking forward to ignoring a little via WOTOR) and Sith Officer Uniforms on the Korriban Academy Students, the only major thing that really bugged me in KotorI was the generic, low quality appearances of a lot of the characters. It was like everyone was born from a set of generic, low quality parents! :D Should this mod fix that (which I don't doubt in the slightest, you have show that you really, really know what you're doing), then I will be quite grateful to you.

Oh, by the way, I noticed you're reskinning Malak, Bandon, and the Dark Jedi. While the reskins you have are definitely top notch I already have some mods for that lot that I've grown attached to (though I'll probably try these new ones first anyway). I assume that with the same case of Bastila I just have to replace your new skins with the ones I was using after the install?
 SpaceAlex
12-30-2008, 7:25 AM
i know a person you could do

You know the czerka office girl

her ive saw that head and its not a unique apperance lol :D

Hmm, do you mean the Protocol Officer on Tatooine? If so, she *is*, in fact, unique. Obsidian reused her head in TSL for Dillan, which I'll be replacing when I start working on the TSL version (which actually shouldn't take as long as this one because TSL is already quite full of unique appearances).

Will you be editing some of the uti files so that there is more variety in the game? From what I can remember, the Dark Jedi always attack in trios, but they all look the same. Will you be making it so that every time you get attacked by DJ, there is an apprentice, an adept, and a master? Will you be jumped by 2 males, and a female? Basically, are you planning on mixing them up a bit?

The only time I remember there being different appearances, is the three masters late in the game (wearing bright primary colours :xp:). They certainly would benifit from having different skin tones :).

Yes, I'm definitely planning to do that. Obviously, I will also be making the Masters much tougher than normal DJ. You won't be able to defeat the band that attacks you on Tatooine and Kashyyyk with closed eyes anymore. :xp: I don't know how my modifications will affect those that use mods which affect the game's difficulty via scripts, but I believe it won't make things too difficult for them :D (definitely not tougher than Malak).

They sure would. It takes more than just changing their skin tone, though. The current DJ male face proportions definitely don't match those of a black or asian person. I'm not sure how much can be changed by just editing the texture.

I have to say, this mod is looking great. Aside from generic lightsaber hilts (which I'm looking forward to ignoring a little via WOTOR)

There are many more excellent hilts available on Kotor Files. It's just that some you will have to manually put into the game. I think it's worth it, though.

Oh, by the way, I noticed you're reskinning Malak, Bandon, and the Dark Jedi. While the reskins you have are definitely top notch I already have some mods for that lot that I've grown attached to (though I'll probably try these new ones first anyway). I assume that with the same case of Bastila I just have to replace your new skins with the ones I was using after the install?

This is a large mod that is consisted of sever smaller mods (aside from NPC Modification Pack, which is pretty huge), and is therefore completely modular. If you don't want to use certain mods, simply don't install them. :)
 Lord of Hunger
12-30-2008, 1:32 PM
1) [BORING RANT]Yeah well I'll probably have to download KOTOR Save Game editor. I already hate using cheats (because I can already win both game pretty handily) and the only time I used them was in TSL to give my PC a Darth Nihilus robe from a mod. So I'll probably go ahead and get that.[/BORING RANT]

2) Really? Sweet! I love it when modders think along the lines of "customer satisfaction guaranteed".

[BORING RANT]Wow, my ultimate KOTOR I play-through is going to look nice. I'll have WOTOR, a Sith Academy Students mod that gives them Dark Jedi robes, a lost sith on a nameless world, a Darth Malak and Darth Bandon reskin, a Dark Jedi reskin, K1 Enhancement Project, and BOS: Solomon's Revenge.[/BORING RANT]

Okay, I'm done now. :D
 Christos K
12-30-2008, 3:52 PM
Nice work with the DJ especially the with that design/logo on them.
 SpaceAlex
12-30-2008, 9:33 PM
Males are now done aswel, but more of them are coming. I need at least two more Jedi Masters.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/Dump/KotOR0000e.jpg)

I had to do the males from scratch (nothing was copied from the female versions), so if you notice that they don't totally match their female counterparts, that's why :D (the females look brighter because I increased the gamma on the SS). Also, it might be difficult to see from the screenshot, but each of them has a bit different facial texture.
 Darth Payne
12-30-2008, 9:39 PM
Hmm, the red male looks a little unfinished to me.

It looks to me that the lines stand out a bit too much, might just be sun light though.
 SpaceAlex
12-30-2008, 9:53 PM
Hmm, the red male looks a little unfinished to me.

It looks to me that the lines stand out a bit too much, might just be sun light though.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. They don't stand out any more than on the female.

Anyway, I'll probably darken the lines on both because they currently are a bit too accentuated.
 DarthYuugi
12-31-2008, 1:02 PM
May I ask SpaceAlex how you got the Cm_Barremetel Texture( the shiny metal on the Dark jedi)

And i was talking about the tattoine officer

Oh and btw this would be compatable with Tslrp these are just reskins ( I Guess you're adding new lines to you're 2.da to make these new apperances along with editing the utcs am i correct ;)

Oh and keep up the good work on these :)
 TriggerGod
12-31-2008, 2:20 PM
May I ask SpaceAlex how you got the Cm_Barremetel Texture( the shiny metal on the Dark jedi)
Its made by making a txi file with the line
envmaptexture CM_Baremetal
(made in a text software such as Notebook, and saved as a txi using the save as .* function, saved as the same name as the texture.)

Oh and btw this would be compatable with Tslrp these are just reskins ( I Guess you're adding new lines to you're 2.da to make these new apperances along with editing the utcs am i correct ;)
I'd say so, considering this is for K1 and TSLRP is for, well, TSL. :P
 Christos K
12-31-2008, 2:38 PM
IMO the males look a bit better but I am fine with the females keep up the good work.
 Daos300
12-31-2008, 4:13 PM
Looks good. Great job on those Dark Jedi!
 vanir
12-31-2008, 7:08 PM
Very much looking forward to this mod. I won't be using all of its modules, but will definitely be loving the ones I do.
Well done!

:)
 SpaceAlex
12-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Alright, the DJ and Sith Masters are finished (at least I hope so). As always, you can view the screenshots on the first page (third post).

The males have more DJ appearances than females because there are more of them in the game. As you can see from the screens, only the red Jedi Master (rank 2) appears in the female form. That doesn't mean the females are restricted to only one rank - it simply means that you only encounter the DJ of that rank in the game. :p
 Canderis
12-31-2008, 11:14 PM
I got a little idea for you. You could make all the NPC's playable as pc's. It would be a lot of work though.
 Darth Payne
12-31-2008, 11:47 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to just use the KSE?
 Canderis
12-31-2008, 11:52 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to just use the KSE?

True, but some "not smart" people might not be able to figure it out.
 zakske
01-01-2009, 9:36 AM
Hmm, it depends on how you would define smart, are you saying that you're not smart if you can't use KSE? That would be pretty ignorant, IMO, but I think you didn't really mean it that way :p

Anyway, getting all npc's playable would take a lot of time and work indeed, but it would be fantastic in my opinion... I don't like using KSE for it because the portraits don't change... Well, maybe I'm just not smart and am using it the wrong way :)

I really like your idea Canderis, and I would do it myself if I had the time and experience :)
 Emperor Devon
01-01-2009, 9:59 AM
spacealex i got another little idea for you make some new planets i'm thinking at least coruscant nar shaddaa tython and yavin 4. also add multiplayer and better graphics. and a jump button. cuz this is all totally within the realm and scope of what you're doing.

I got a little idea for you. You could make all the NPC's playable as pc's. It would be a lot of work though.

i second this. i am not able to figure kse out. i mean i have to like download it off a site and navigate a clearly-labeled interface. what bs is this. not smart people would really appreciate it.
 SpaceAlex
01-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm afraid I just can't keep up with you guys' wishes anymore. I thought the KOTOR community would be happy with what little I have to offer them, but I guess I was wrong. I realize now that I will never be able to satisfy everyone, which was totally my intention.

Guys and gals, it is with greatest joy that I announce the cancellation of this mod to you. As of this moment, the development has stopped and you can expect to never see this mod released. Please, join me in the celebration of this grand moment. :cheers:
 FoolInTheWave
01-01-2009, 1:22 PM
I'm afraid I just can't keep up with you guys' wishes anymore. I thought the KOTOR community would be happy with what little I have to offer them, but I guess I was wrong. I realize now that I will never be able to satisfy everyone, which was totally my intention.

Guys and gals, it is with greatest joy that I announce the cancellation of this mod to you. As of this moment, the development has stopped and you can expect to never see this mod released. Please, join me in the celebration of this grand moment. :cheers:

That's too bad SpaceAlex, I'm sorry to hear you stopping your mod. I was going to start playing KotOR again after your mod was finished. :(

One thing you should know as a modder, is you can't satisfy everyone with any mod, it will never happen for any mod that anyone makes. You make the mod, so ultimately you have the choice on what goes into the mod and what stays out.

It's okay to take idea's from the community, but you should only listen to the idea's you like and include them into your mod. It's your mod after all. :)

Good luck with your future projects. ;)
 Lord of Hunger
01-01-2009, 1:32 PM
God rest you unfinished projects,
let nothing you dismay.
You'll join other big mods like
K2RP this day.

For you modder was expected to provide
the work of Heaven by at least Friday.
Oh, tidings of cancellation and abandonment.
Cancellation and abandonment!
Oh, tidings of cancellation and abandonment.
 Canderis
01-01-2009, 1:43 PM
:(:(:( Please don't cancel this.
 zakske
01-01-2009, 1:44 PM
Wow, this comes as a shock, are you seriously going to quit working on this? No disrespect, I respect you and your decisions but after all this work, it just seems weird... I hope my previous post isn't one of the reasons...

Well, after this decision of yours: I hope you'll accomplish great things in other things of life, far more important than modding :)
 Darth Payne
01-01-2009, 3:11 PM
Oh no.

This is terrible news.
 Daos300
01-01-2009, 4:37 PM
Oh man it's cancelled? :(

I was just about to suggest you create a part where you back to Dantooine after it's destroyed and meet about 23 new characters there and spend about 2 hours there doing some new quests.
That's not hard right? I mean it would take a lot of scripting, some new modules and appearance.2da's?
 Jammy-Jedi
01-01-2009, 5:02 PM
Ah.. thats a real shame, I was really looking forward to the mod.
 SpaceAlex
01-01-2009, 5:36 PM
I think that's about enough sarcasm for one thread. ;)

Thank you all for celebrating with me. It's been fun. :D
 jimstrom
01-01-2009, 5:44 PM
Sooooooo many great skins and good ideas, all to a waste, this could have been one of the greatest mods ever, instead it will join the graveyard with all the other great unfinished modding projects.

SpaceAlex i salute you, it was fun as long as it last.
 DarthYuugi
01-01-2009, 6:18 PM
Space Alex im really sorry for you

I Really was looking forward to this

could you do me a favour though

can you send me the belaya head and the dark jedi skins please

thank you:)

EDIT: Can you PM Me about this please
Thank you
 Admiral Buttercrust
01-01-2009, 6:21 PM
I'm uncertain if you mean it or are joking with us but PLEASE PLEASE don't drop this, you've gotten so far, people are all waiting for it knowing this will be one of the greatest of mods, and I've prepared the confetti already!
:ohdear:
 fenix3279
01-01-2009, 6:47 PM
:confused: Please don't give up on this SA. You've already done so much. It'd be a real shame to see this already amazing mod fall apart now.
 Canderis
01-01-2009, 6:48 PM
I really don't know why everyone is posting all this stuff about new quests and stuff, this was a NPC modification pack not a super-mod.
 SpaceAlex
01-01-2009, 7:03 PM
The fun is over; you can stop now.

That is, unless you are being serious? If so, now would be about the right time to familiarize yourself with the meaning of the word *sarcasm*. ;)
 Canderis
01-01-2009, 7:06 PM
Never scare us like that again :xp: But my last post was serious.
 jimstrom
01-01-2009, 7:08 PM
(Breathes out) You really had me there!
 fenix3279
01-01-2009, 7:13 PM
Ohhhhh... *laughs nervously* Never fooled me for a second...

>_>

<_<
 TriggerGod
01-01-2009, 7:17 PM
I really don't know why everyone is posting all this stuff about new quests and stuff, this was a NPC modification pack not a super-mod.

Its a little thing called sarcasm, helping to feed into the joke.

And if you really want the heads for selection... I know you can make skins and make them into heads, well, this time, the skins are already made. All SA is doing is making skins to make some of the horrid skins in K1 better. Nothing more, nothing less.
 plokoon87
01-01-2009, 7:34 PM
I am planning on reinstalling KOTOR on my computer and replaying it when its relased...that was scary, SA! (whew!)
 maugomale
01-01-2009, 11:13 PM
*takes out chainsaw*

Oh, you're so gonna get it...

Seriously now, you almost gave me a heart attack Alex! I've been looking forward to this mod for a while. Glad to know the thing was a "New Year Fools" prank.

And by the way, nice updates there! Can't wait to see more!
 redrob41
01-02-2009, 2:49 AM
Yikes :scare5:. I take a couple of nights off to be with my fiance, and all these posts are what I come back to? I was certainly relieved when I saw all the comments being more and more sarcastic. Whew.

So, after wiping the sweat off my forehead :sweat:, I started thinking: what if your Dark Jedi used CM_RedAlt instead of CM_Baremetal. Then I found out that it only exists in TSL, not K1. So, I looked harder and saw one called CM_unwsunset & CM_HawkBaym that looked kinda red. CM_SaberCrys looks kinda cool too. I don't know what they would do in-game :giveup:, but it might be worth checking out.

I hope you enjoyed your fun SA :fist:, 'cause I'm still looking forward to your re-skins :D.
 RedHawke
01-02-2009, 2:55 AM
Ok folks enough with the off-topic posts... SA had some fun, but managed to derail his thread in the process.

Back on topic folks.
 DarthYuugi
01-02-2009, 7:28 AM
I'd say so, considering this is for K1 and TSLRP is for, well, TSL. :P

I Meant when he was going to do the k2 version ( he was worried about compatabilty)

What part of back on topic do you people not get? -RH
 SpaceAlex
01-02-2009, 1:09 PM
Really, I just saw Devon's sarcastic post and decided to post one as well. :xp: I didn't think people would actually take it seriously, since I had made some odd comments in my post (the whole "it's my intention to satisfy all people" and "it is with greatest joy that I announce the cancellation of this mod" thing) that should've made my real intention obvious. Apparently they did not. :p

But as RH said, we should forget this "incident" and get back on topic. :)

So, after wiping the sweat off my forehead :sweat:, I started thinking: what if your Dark Jedi used CM_RedAlt instead of CM_Baremetal. Then I found out that it only exists in TSL, not K1. So, I looked harder and saw one called CM_unwsunset & CM_HawkBaym that looked kinda red. CM_SaberCrys looks kinda cool too. I don't know what they would do in-game :giveup:, but it might be worth checking out.

I'll check it out, thanks.

EDIT: I checked it out, but it looks weird - like artifacts that you get if your push your graphic card beyond its limits. :D

Is there a problem with the way CM_Baremetal makes things look, though? I thought it looked fine anyway.

I Meant when he was going to do the k2 version ( he was worried about compatabilty)

Unfortunately I'm also changing many of the "onenter" scripts that K2RP also modifies. Since they released the source scripts to the public, I can start working on the mod now without worrying too much about compatibility; I just can't release it before TG is done with their mod because I'll have to include some of their scripts in my mod for full compatibility.

But it's too soon to worry about this now. Let me finish the K1 EP first and worry about K2 later.
 DarthYuugi
01-02-2009, 3:54 PM
I Beg you to send me the Belaya Textures and models

Please please please :xp:

i will give you a cookie :)
 redrob41
01-02-2009, 4:17 PM
EDIT: I checked it out, but it looks weird - like artifacts that you get if your push your graphic card beyond its limits. :D

Is there a problem with the way CM_Baremetal makes things look, though? I thought it looked fine anyway.

No, the CM_Baremetal looks great, I just wondered if there might be another shader that would make the Dark Jedi look really sinister. I thought of the CM_RedAlt (from TSL) because it is really just a very crimson version of the Baremetal. The only way to do it for K1 would be to overwrite one of the other existing CM shaders (I've never done it before, so I don't know which one is a good one to swap).
 maugomale
01-02-2009, 7:13 PM
Ok then, back on track for in-topic discussion

Alex, I have a compatibility question.

You see, I like to use Prime and Xavier2's Jedi Robe Mod combined with Shem's Prequel Style Robes (so that Prime's model overwrites the one Shem uses, displaying Shem's textures in Prime's model). Will your mod have any conflict with that? If so, are there any methods for me to manually fix it (that is, when your mod gets released ;D)?

Other than that, keep up the good work No more about this thanks, it takes the thread off-topic. -RH
 SpaceAlex
01-03-2009, 3:47 PM
I Beg you to send me the Belaya Textures and models

Please please please :xp:

i will give you a cookie :)

Nah, you'll just have to wait. Why? Because I'm a horrible person and enjoy it when people are having a bad opinion of me. :p

Kidding. The truth is that I'm not completely satisfied with that skin yet. There are some small details left to add before I start calling it a "final version". Also, if I start sending things around to individuals now, I may as well make it available to everyone. It would've been less work. :xp:

No, the CM_Baremetal looks great, I just wondered if there might be another shader that would make the Dark Jedi look really sinister. I thought of the CM_RedAlt (from TSL) because it is really just a very crimson version of the Baremetal. The only way to do it for K1 would be to overwrite one of the other existing CM shaders (I've never done it before, so I don't know which one is a good one to swap).

I've tried to do this, but I wasn't really satisfied with the results. I think silver and gold reflective surfaces look better on them to be honest. I did make some changes to the red DJ Master (male and female), but I'm not sure if you'll be able to notice the difference without access to the previous screenshot. :D Basically the reflective lines stand out less than before.

I also made the DJ novice younger and less evil-looking.

Alex, I have a compatibility question.

You see, I like to use Prime and Xavier2's Jedi Robe Mod combined with Shem's Prequel Style Robes (so that Prime's model overwrites the one Shem uses, displaying Shem's textures in Prime's model). Will your mod have any conflict with that? If so, are there any methods for me to manually fix it (that is, when your mod gets released ;D)?

Sure, I don't see why not. My mod doesn't mess with the default Jedi Robes at all.

I've also uploaded a little teaser screenshot of Dantooine. It's definitely not much, but I hope you can notice the difference between this and the vanilla. It's kind of hard to show all of the little changes with screenshots. I mean, I definitely could, but it would take many SS to show everything :D; so I'm only showing my reskins. But there's more to this mod (some things have been done before, some haven't), don't worry.
 sBlaze
01-05-2009, 1:02 PM
I have to say, this stuff is just brilliant! Just what this game needs.
Good luck mate!
Page: 5 of 9