Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

K1 Enhancement Pack

Page: 7 of 9
 DarthYuugi
01-13-2009, 11:30 AM
HUH

How dare you say This isent gonna be one of the best mods

This Pretty much PWNS most mods

Im definatly voting this mod of year next Year :xp:
 fenix3279
01-13-2009, 12:39 PM
HUH

How dare you say This isent gonna be one of the best mods

This Pretty much PWNS most mods

Im definatly voting this mod of year next Year :xp:

Same here. I wholeheartedly agree.
 DarthYuugi
01-13-2009, 3:57 PM
Same here. I wholeheartedly agree.

I Dont think SpaceAlex Knows how good a skinner he is

To the mod itself it fixes one of the games annoying bugs of talking to the same person 300 + times in the game

Keep it up SA :D
 plokoon87
01-16-2009, 4:30 PM
SpaceAlex, you by no means have to fulfill this little wish if you don't have the time. I know that you are swamped with this project, but I just had a smashing idea.:bluidea:
I was playin KOTOR, and when I went into the bar on Taris (upper city), I notice there is no bartender. Is it possible to throw a bartender behind the counter? Also, some more glasses on the counter possibly? Just an idea to make the cantina a little more aesthetically realistic.
 Darth Payne
01-16-2009, 4:48 PM
Hey SpaceAlex?

Are you by any chance going to give Gana Lavin a new face?
 SpaceAlex
01-19-2009, 10:33 PM
SpaceAlex, you by no means have to fulfill this little wish if you don't have the time. I know that you are swamped with this project, but I just had a smashing idea.:bluidea:
I was playin KOTOR, and when I went into the bar on Taris (upper city), I notice there is no bartender. Is it possible to throw a bartender behind the counter? Also, some more glasses on the counter possibly? Just an idea to make the cantina a little more aesthetically realistic.

As you command :D:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/Dump/bartender.jpg)

Yes, I know, a Twi'lek working as a bartender in the Upper City is probably not something the spoiled citizens of Taris would want to see, but if I wanted to give the bartender some dialog (I always wanted to try some Tarisian ale :p), that's what I had to do, since my current budget doesn't allow me to hire professional voice actors :xp: But no need to worry; when I was writing her dialog, I kept the fact that Tarisians don't like aliens in mind, so if you question her long enough (or piss her off), it'll be revealed to you that she's not exactly the happiest person on Taris.

Also, I have noticed, there's no bartender in the Lower City cantina either. I'm thinking of placing Chadra-Fan in there, but I'm still waiting for KFiles to approve the CF sound files (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=195169) before I do anything.

Hey SpaceAlex?

Are you by any chance going to give Gana Lavin a new face?

Not an unique one, but I am changing it.
 plokoon87
01-19-2009, 10:43 PM
NICE! Just out of curiosity, how long does it take to place npc's and objects in a module? How do you do it?

One more thing: this mod is going to be compatible with Sithspectre's Sleheyron Restoration Mod right? Or have you thought that far ahead lol?
 HK-42
01-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Nice job SA. I'm looking forward to this mod :). Just wondering how did you get the whereami for that bartender? The only way I could think on how to do it besides guesing, is delete the walkmesh. Is that what you did?

I hope KF approves the CF sounds(and the gran ones) I'm hoping to use both as well.

EDIT: Plokoon, he probably used a spawn script, if not he edited the git files.

EDIT2: I dont see why not....TSL Patcher.
 plokoon87
01-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Hey SA, I'm not trying to be a wrench in your gears, but since you can do that with the bartender, I was wondering if you know how to script the game so the people in the cantina actually sit at the tables, you know in the main room of the cantina. I don't get why when you walk into the cantinas on any planet, everynody is standing up. One would think that being that a cantina is a place to relax, everyone would sit down and take a breather.
 HK-42
01-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey SA, I'm not trying to be a wrench in your gears, but since you can do that with the bartender, I was wondering if you know how to script the game so the people in the cantina actually sit at the tables, you know in the main room of the cantina. I don't get why when you walk into the cantinas on any planet, everynody is standing up. One would think that being that a cantina is a place to relax, everyone would sit down and take a breather.

It seems the sitting animation dosen't exist. It is marked out in the nwscript. The sitting people in some places are just part of a placeable. So I don't think it is possible, but it might be.
 plokoon87
01-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Something else that I just randomly thought of: why not make Zelka's hospital full of stuff, like more computer moniters, random stuff on his table, have a person in the room holding their side waiting for treatment (the wounded stance); make it look like he is as busy as he says he is.
 SpaceAlex
01-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Nice job SA. I'm looking forward to this mod :). Just wondering how did you get the whereami for that bartender? The only way I could think on how to do it besides guesing, is delete the walkmesh. Is that what you did?

I guessed. :D It wasn't hard at all; all I did was run the "whereami" command as close to the counter as possible. After that, it was simply a matter of guessing the right coordinates for the area inside the counter. I succeeded on my first try. :p

EDIT: Plokoon, he probably used a spawn script, if not he edited the git files.

Yeah, I created a spawn script.

Something else that I just randomly thought of: why not make Zelka's hospital full of stuff, like more computer moniters, random stuff on his table, have a person in the room holding their side waiting for treatment (the wounded stance); make it look like he is as busy as he says he is.

We'll see about that.

As for the sitting animation, it's not there for normal NPC's. The NPC's that you see sitting act as normal objects (boxes, glasses...) to which you can apply a sitting animation.

TSL, on the other hand, allows you to apply a sitting animation to an NPC (as is demonstrated in the Onderon cantina); so expect to see many sitting NPC's in my K2 EM.
 HK-42
01-19-2009, 11:20 PM
K2 EM

Ooo. That game really needs that.:xp:

Can't wait.
 SpaceAlex
01-20-2009, 9:43 AM
I've made a few tweaks to Zelka's Medical facility (3 computer panels, 3 lockers by the beds, made both the droid and Zelka "busy"). The place looks much more homey now. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/Dump/zelka.jpg)

There are no patients because of the hidden Republic soldiers in the Kolto tank, which you can discover if you have a high enough security or persuade skill. It would've been too much work to get the patients to react to it.
 Gargoyle King
01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
There are no patients because of the hidden Republic soldiers in the Kolto tank, which you can discover if you have a high enough security or persuade skill.Lol, or just bash it down with your trusty vibroblade - much easier! :D

This is getting much better with every update, very impressive work here SA.
 plokoon87
01-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Very nice work on the medbay. lookin good!
 darth-me
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Wow SA! This looks amazing. I'm holding off playing through both games until quite a few of the mods I've seen are out, and this is definately one of them! :D
 Christos K
01-20-2009, 1:37 PM
Nice work keep it up. #1 mod SA
 SpaceAlex
01-20-2009, 6:56 PM
I've made some changes to the Chadra-Fan. It's not much, but I think it looks a bit better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/Dump/chadra.jpg)

The updated version is on the left, in case you couldn't tell. :p
 redrob41
01-20-2009, 7:03 PM
He (or she) certainly looks furrier now. I want to pat him on the head :D. The extra textures sure do add a lot of depth and believability.
 plokoon87
01-20-2009, 7:18 PM
Oooh! That is what Chadra Fan is! I remember now.

Space Alex, some food for thought: How about on Korriban maybe putting some Sith troopers outside the entrances to the cantinas and such.
Here is another thing I just thought of. You know the bluish-gray officer uniforms. Well, I just thought that it would be really neat if you could do something similiar to them that you did to the dark jedi - make a way to distinguish rank. What i was thinking was maybe you could skin the uniforms so the number of ribbon pins that they wear would be based upon rank. Of course, Admiral Karath would have the most, heck he'd have as many as David Petraeus! lol. maybe you could even skin the troopers to have some sort of rank distinction.
Just some random ideas.
 Lord of Hunger
01-20-2009, 9:03 PM
God, this is both a nightmare and beautiful dream for me. Half the time I want everyone to stop giving you (SpaceAlex) these great ideas so you can release all these reskins that I'm dying to have, the other half of the time I just love having these screenshots pouring in of these ideas becoming reality.

Curse/bless you, SpaceAlex. :D
 Druganator
01-20-2009, 9:22 PM
are you going to have the czerka employees that are stationed on korriban actually wear czerka uniforms?
 fenix3279
01-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Just another random idea for you SA but feel free to completely ignore it if you feel it's not worth the effort. I was looking back over at the screenshots of the knight/master robes and I noticed the female robes have different collars than their male counterparts. I was wondering if it were possible to give both robes the overlapping cloth texture that the female robes have. IMO I think the male robes would look oh-so-much better without the unattractive zipper/jumpsuit collar.
 LeatherValkyrie
01-21-2009, 12:15 AM
I've made some changes to the Chadra-Fan. It's not much, but I think it looks a bit better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/SpaceAlex/Dump/chadra.jpg)

The updated version is on the left, in case you couldn't tell. :p

Hehheh. Looks like a Jawa with a penchant for cheese. :D
 Time Lord
01-21-2009, 2:04 AM
are you going to have the czerka employees that are stationed on korriban actually wear czerka uniforms?

I've actually done a mod that does that. (I'm editing it right now)
 Lord of Hunger
01-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Another little question...is Davik Kang getting a new appearance? Like I say I would love this mod out ASAP and I've noticed you've been getting a bit overwhelmed with requests as of late, but I noticed that not only is his appearance that of one of the generic older men (which does not suit his character) but his armor isn't all that great either. It looks like someone slapped some purple metal together and said, "That's Davik's armor, deal." Since before I was exposed to the world of modding I thought it was cool and stuck to enjoying the storyline. Now I've seen what can be done in the world of modding, I have something to compare with.[/RANT]
 Time Lord
01-21-2009, 7:14 PM
Another little question...is Davik Kang getting a new appearance? Like I say I would love this mod out ASAP and I've noticed you've been getting a bit overwhelmed with requests as of late, but I noticed that not only is his appearance that of one of the generic older men (which does not suit his character) but his armor isn't all that great either. It looks like someone slapped some purple metal together and said, "That's Davik's armor, deal." Since before I was exposed to the world of modding I thought it was cool and stuck to enjoying the storyline. Now I've seen what can be done in the world of modding, I have something to compare with.[/RANT]

Davik actually does have a unique look though it's just a tattoo and stubble added on to the old generic commoner.
 SpaceAlex
01-21-2009, 7:35 PM
Space Alex, some food for thought: How about on Korriban maybe putting some Sith troopers outside the entrances to the cantinas and such.

Not sure if it would add anything. It's not like the Sith care if people are causing unrest in there. Hell, anyone causing it would probably get accepted into the academy. In fact, I think that's the only way to get accepted at all. :D

Here is another thing I just thought of. You know the bluish-gray officer uniforms. Well, I just thought that it would be really neat if you could do something similiar to them that you did to the dark jedi - make a way to distinguish rank. What i was thinking was maybe you could skin the uniforms so the number of ribbon pins that they wear would be based upon rank. Of course, Admiral Karath would have the most, heck he'd have as many as David Petraeus! lol. maybe you could even skin the troopers to have some sort of rank distinction.

I've already made several of such skins, but have yet to implement them into the game.

Already done. I also put some female Czerka employees in there (as well as on Kashyyyk).

Just another random idea for you SA but feel free to completely ignore it if you feel it's not worth the effort. I was looking back over at the screenshots of the knight/master robes and I noticed the female robes have different collars than their male counterparts. I was wondering if it were possible to give both robes the overlapping cloth texture that the female robes have. IMO I think the male robes would look oh-so-much better without the unattractive zipper/jumpsuit collar.

Can't be done unless I alter the model itself. Well, it actually can be done, but it wouldn't look right because the zipper is chiseled into the model (did that sound right?).

Davik actually does have a unique look though it's just a tattoo and stubble added on to the old generic commoner.

He actually has an unique head model (look more closely). :xp: The texture is similar to that of a generic Caucasian grandpa because its head model seems to be based on it (Vrook's model is based on it aswel). As for his armor, I've grown to appreciate it. :D Still, you never know what might happen.
 HK-42
01-21-2009, 8:04 PM
Been looking though the thread, and got to say you've been overloaded with ALOT of requests. Nice to see you reply to them, and not just ignore them. If this site had rep(the little points you give to people) i'd give you one. :D

Anyway can't wait till this is done, looks great.
 plokoon87
01-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah I really appreciate the time you (Space Alex) are taking to take in all these requests. I have absolutely no modding skills, except very small game alterations with KOTOR Tool. It is nice to see that someone is willing to take in our ideas and implement them into one of the best games ever. We are working as a collective team to pick up where Bioware and Lucasarts left off.
Space Alex, as always, thanks for doing this mod...getting more and more impressive as time goes on.
 memarik
01-22-2009, 4:50 AM
wow totally asome good work :D
 Christos K
01-25-2009, 5:08 AM
Keep up the good work SA damn there are a lot of good mods coming up :D

Please refrain from spamming in this thread with many one liner unnecessary 'chat' posts, I have deleted 3 from you in this thread alone, next one here and you will receive a formal disciplinary action. -RH

Edit: Hey SA, I am not requesting this but asking... Do you have anything planned for kid models like Sasha?

I have combined your latest post with this one, please edit your previous post with new/additional questions, as the mod makers hasn't responded yet, and you have already been warned to stop 'bumping' this thread with short posts. -RH
 fenix3279
01-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Keep up the good work SA damn there are a lot of good mods coming up :D
... and this one tops them all, methinks :xp:
 Daos300
01-25-2009, 3:37 PM
Glad to hear that the Czerka workers on Korriban will actually wear Czerka uniforms. That always annoyed me how they would wear the same uniform as the Sith officers.
 jimstrom
01-31-2009, 6:51 AM
Hello Spacealex, love the way you maked Zelka Forn more busy, i love all those small little details, that make this game that i allready love, become better and better.

You don't have to do anything, but i must ask you and all the others who follow this thread, that don't you find it strange, that Juhanis master Quatra is only mentioned by name?:confused:

Quatra is a very important character in the game, it was she who made Juhani aware of the dark side, and also trained her, and when Juhani thought she had killed her, she lost it all and went to the darkside, untill Revan turned her back, And Juhani even mentions back in the enclave, that she has talked to Quatra, which means she survived, but, she is'nt anywhere to be found?

This has always made me a little puzzled:confused:, that a character like Jagi, Dustil, Belaya or Griff, is in the game, but not Quatra?

So Spacealex or any of you modders, if you have the time or patience, please mod in Quatra in the game.

ps. Keep up the good work!
 Christos K
01-31-2009, 7:46 AM
You know jimstrom thats a really good idea. We never really got to see or know much about Quatra. Perhaps we can see her in one of the staying rooms where the Pazaak player is and mr. matale is. She can be laying in the bed with a few droids checking her stats, etc. But this is up to SS.
 fenix3279
01-31-2009, 5:30 PM
Hello Spacealex, love the way you maked Zelka Forn more busy, i love all those small little details, that make this game that i allready love, become better and better.

You don't have to do anything, but i must ask you and all the others who follow this thread, that don't you find it strange, that Juhanis master Quatra is only mentioned by name?:confused:

Quatra is a very important character in the game, it was she who made Juhani aware of the dark side, and also trained her, and when Juhani thought she had killed her, she lost it all and went to the darkside, untill Revan turned her back, And Juhani even mentions back in the enclave, that she has talked to Quatra, which means she survived, but, she is'nt anywhere to be found?

This has always made me a little puzzled:confused:, that a character like Jagi, Dustil, Belaya or Griff, is in the game, but not Quatra?

So Spacealex or any of you modders, if you have the time or patience, please mod in Quatra in the game.

ps. Keep up the good work!

I can't speak for SA but your request doesn't seem to follow the mod. This is a NPC enhancement pack and it's not adding content per se. SA has been changing appearances of all the different NPCs found throughout the game but adding an new character, like what you're suggesting, is alot more work than a simple reskin. To actually include Quatra, he would have to implement an entirely new character into the game and include dialogue and MP dialogue options made from scratch otherwise you won't be able to "talk" to her, anyway. Don't get me wrong, your idea is a good one but to me, it just means more unnecessary work for SA. But like I said before, this is all entirely up to SA and if he wants to go through with it, then by all means don't dare let me stop him.
 ARC Cody
02-03-2009, 4:36 AM
I have one suggestion. I think it looks a bit strange for both Sandral and Matale Sr. to be bald. Just my two cents. All the other skins look amazing. But if I wanted to retain some of the original skins how could I do that? For example I have a mod that changes Belayas appearance, so if I wanted to keep it should I reinstall it over this mod once Ive applied it?
Would it be possible to make unique Gamorreans? As far as I can make out they're all the same.
Also, I noticed that in the Manaan swoop arena you removed the Gran. I know they were really low poly,
but that was just about the only place in the game where you could see them without having to fight them right away.
Any chance of remaking them?
 plokoon87
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Well, if you take a close look at ROTJ, the Gammoreans all look the same there too. They must all be closely related! Just look at pigs - they all look the same basically, and Gammoreans are just pig-people.

As far as Grans go, I wish it wasn't illegal to, *ahem* the "P-word", the Gran models from TSL over to K1; those Grans and their voice files were very well done.
 jonathan7
02-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Another little question...is Davik Kang getting a new appearance? Like I say I would love this mod out ASAP and I've noticed you've been getting a bit overwhelmed with requests as of late, but I noticed that not only is his appearance that of one of the generic older men

How about an appearance based on one of my late bosses?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c218/RosediCaprio/TheGodfather.jpg)

I know the Godmother would be happy to see another one of her relatives in the world of KotOR.

(I was actually being serious about changing Davik's appearance to be more like Don Corleone, I think it would be a pretty cool addition).
 DarthYuugi
02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
LOL

A God Father one would go good but you would have to edit some head models
 fenix3279
02-03-2009, 7:56 PM
(I was actually being serious about changing Davik's appearance to be more like Don Corleone, I think it would be a pretty cool addition).
Haha That would be pretty sweet.
 Sith Holocron
02-03-2009, 9:42 PM

Interesting idea, but Davik doesn't sound like he's got cotton balls in his cheeks when he talks (as Marlon Brando actually did when he played Vito Corleone.)
 Christos K
02-04-2009, 10:26 AM
I always want Davik to seem more mobsterish.
 SpaceAlex
02-04-2009, 2:06 PM
Nice to see you reply to them, and not just ignore them. If this site had rep(the little points you give to people) i'd give you one. :D

Thank the good administrators for the inclusion of the "multi-quote" button. :D

Edit: Hey SA, I am not requesting this but asking... Do you have anything planned for kid models like Sasha?

Yes, I have something planned for the kid models, but you won't know what until you get the mod. :)

I always imagined her residing in one of the closed sections (like a med facility) in the Jedi Enclave; I don't want to put her into one of the apartments as it would look pretty awkward.. If someone made a JE med facility (I won't because it's not my area of expertise), I would be happy to put her there.

I have one suggestion. I think it looks a bit strange for both Sandral and Matale Sr. to be bald. Just my two cents.

Why? They're both old and they both have egos of the size of Mount Everest - both of those factors contribute to the loss of hair. :xp:

But if I wanted to retain some of the original skins how could I do that? For example I have a mod that changes Belayas appearance, so if I wanted to keep it should I reinstall it over this mod once Ive applied it?

Yes, that's what you'll have to do.

But why wouldn't you want Belaya to have an awesome new head, anyway? It must be better than anything you have installed now. :D J/K.

Would it be possible to make unique Gamorreans? As far as I can make out they're all the same.

It would indeed be possible, but like everything, it requires effort, will, and time. :p

Also, I noticed that in the Manaan swoop arena you removed the Gran. I know they were really low poly, but that was just about the only place in the game where you could see them without having to fight them right away.
Any chance of remaking them?

I might put instructions on how to restore them into the readme.

Any NPC that doesn't absolutely require a face lift is not getting it. :xp:

I'm sorry if this is not what you guys wanted to hear, but at this point, I would just like to get this thing done as soon as possible. I hope you understand. :)
 plokoon87
02-04-2009, 6:41 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure everybody does. Besides, Davik looks like Vito would have looked had he not choked on...what was that thing he choked on?

Anyway, back on topic...sounds like everything is coming smoothly. Like others have said: take your time and do it right! :)
 jonathan7
02-05-2009, 8:53 AM
Any NPC that doesn't absolutely require a face lift is not getting it. :xp:

I'm sorry if this is not what you guys wanted to hear, but at this point, I would just like to get this thing done as soon as possible. I hope you understand. :)

No worries, I fully understand :) I can always do it, should I really feel the need. :)
 jimstrom
02-05-2009, 9:51 AM
No worry either Spacealex, i've already posted my request in the request forum
 zakske
03-15-2009, 10:41 AM
The idea is basically to replace all of those awful looking low poly models with high poly ones(...).

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, and I'm sorry for the bump, but do you mean with this "replacement" that some models just won't be seen in the game anymore (like the Gran head) or that you are going to improve/remake them, so that they won't be low-poly anymore?

I hope that this wasn't a dumb question, and if it is, I'm sorry...
Page: 7 of 9