Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

Page: 7 of 37
 Darth Novotnus
10-04-2008, 4:12 PM
I think it was another bounty hunter for a party member.
Anyways, it looks great. I keep my fingers crossed for this mod.
Are there any new screenshots for us, poor fans? : ))
 Riot Razer
10-05-2008, 8:06 AM
thanks logan for the information
so if i hear this right you will be able to p;ay Act 1 without Act 2 installed?
 logan23
10-06-2008, 4:34 PM
I think it was another bounty hunter for a party member.
Anyways, it looks great. I keep my fingers crossed for this mod.
Are there any new screenshots for us, poor fans? : ))

I will have some new screen shots soon:)

thanks logan for the information
so if i hear this right you will be able to p;ay Act 1 without Act 2 installed?

Yes, you will be able to play Act I without Act 2. When I wrote the plot/story I originally had it broken onto 4 to 5 acts which were merged into two main Acts.

I also plan to have it so that you won't have to play Act I again in order to play Act 2. You will be able to jump right into Act 2 once its released. When Act 2 is released it will actually be Act 2 and an updated Act1 as a whole = Revenge of Revan mod

I hope I didn't confuse everyone:D

MORE TO COME....

Logan
 redrob41
10-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Well, after several experiaments, this is the direction I've chosen to go with our Zeltron's appearance:
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3753/wipatinah3hg8.th.jpg) (http://img369.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wipatinah3hg8.jpg)
I wanted to make her different enough from Mira, so I zipped up the jacket, made the shoulder pauldrons and belt pouches smaller, and matched the physical measurements with the Twin Sun's body model (which I used for her underwear model).

I decided to make her outfit colourful, rather than black, since she's an extroverted Zeltron. Plus, I figure that she's so good at bounty hunting that she doesn't need to hide in the shadows to get the job done; she probably uses her charm and species' pheromones more than stealth. The white shirt will be the same as her underwear shirt, and I plan to make it more detailed (possably lacy). I'll also play around with the colours of the pants a bit, and add some more details to the jacket (textures, trim & waistbands etc). Her DS skin will be darker red (like Darth Talon), with black underwear.

Like always, I appreciate constructive comments and opinions. Anything that helps me improve her look is a good thing ;)
 Darth Payne
10-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Whoa, as the great Darth Vader once said:

Impressive. Most Impressive.
 TheExile
10-07-2008, 3:12 PM
Wow!!! Man, you infused some pheromono to that babe cause she's not just well skinned, she's hot xD

Good job!
 Riot Razer
10-07-2008, 7:17 PM
Logan
Thanks for clearing that up I sometimes get confused

redrob. The skin is great. the head works very well with the body. I was thinking just if the main pants color was the same as the top but still with the same purple highlights it might make her look a little more cheerful. If not, I still love the addition. Great work

Keep it up
 Endorenna
10-08-2008, 8:40 AM
Query: Is there a trailer for this?

Statement: If not, I want one!!!!! :D
 Drunkside
10-08-2008, 9:07 AM
If you will make it so that KOTOR2 is not overwritten, please DONT use the "do you want to skip the prelude" dialog, since i want to use that for my story mod that ive been planning for about half a year:D
 redrob41
10-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Query: Is there a trailer for this?

Statement: If not, I want one!!!!! :D
Well, Logan does have a couple of links in his signature, and one of them is for http://kotorrevengeofrevan.wetpaint.com/) where he has the intro crawler video (also on YouTube).
My new computer arrives Monday which means next week I will start 3D max work as well as new blink movies and Reskinning Modules.
As you can see, his new computer should have been ready two days ago, so he's probably already hard at work on a new trailer. Logan has told me (months ago) what he plans to do for the trailer, since he's going to use some of the characters I've designed. All he was waiting for was the processing power. I can't speak for him as to when he'll have a completed trailer, but I can say that wants one just as bad as we do. :)
 Riot Razer
10-08-2008, 2:09 PM
Drunkside if logan decides not to overwrite it, you can mabey see if you can have a patch for the two mods put together so that both options for your story line mod and Revenge of Revan will pop up then and the two will be completely compatible. But all this is speculation if he decides to overwrite it
 logan23
10-08-2008, 4:20 PM
hey everyone!

As Redrob41 mentioned, yes I'm just about done setting up the new computer. I'm downloading 3D Max as I type this.:D

redrob41, the Zeltron looks,...WOW! Your skins always inspire me to create new ideas/ concepts for the Mod.

Yes, I do plan to create a teaser/trailer for the Revenge of Revan Mod. I plan to have one done between now and the end of Dec.

Drunkside/Riot Razer, right now I can play the RoR Mod or TSL since I altered the dlg file in the prologue to start the Mod, but this might change as the mod progresses.

Once I get all my files transferred to the new computer I will then post some new screen shots.

keep the questions coming :)

MORE TO COME.......

Logan
 redrob41
10-08-2008, 5:23 PM
redrob41, the Zeltron looks,...WOW! Your skins always inspire me to create new ideas/ concepts for the Mod.

Glad you like it so far :). When I'm finished, she'll knock your socks off :naughty:

I'm still trying to figure out how to make multiple outfits for her. I want to use the underwear model as a base, and put skin tight clothes on it. So far, I've found a thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=187956) to help me modify the baseitems.2da and uti files, but I'd been having problems with the dark side tga defaulting to the "___D01.tga" instead of the new "___D02.tga". I'll try again tonight and post the details of how it worked.
Everything is going well with the project.
I'm finishing up the Zeltron character's bio.

So... have you settled on a name for her yet?
 Riot Razer
10-08-2008, 7:54 PM
look even better...
with complete outfit and base clothes...

i can't wait '
 logan23
10-12-2008, 3:07 PM
Hey everyone!

Wow Vista and kotor2 don't like each other,lol. After a few days of getting everything working, I'm ready to mod :)

a tip- with vista, make all your kotor tools, and like programs -windows xp compatible/ admin run. If you don't do this there will be issues when packaging your mod in kotor tools.

I'm right now adding any missing dialogue, adding alien VOs, and journal entries,etc in the first 10 modules. I am also starting the re-skinning of modules 1-15. Modules 15-32 are being built as we speak.

Here are some quick screen shots, that module is still being re-skinned
http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k200006yp1.jpg)
http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k200004vj5.jpg)

Atinah Vanis
(species: Zeltron)
Bounty hunter/party member
http://img369.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wipatinah3hg8.jpg)
The PC will meet her on Vogga's ship. She will only join your party if you decided kotor/ Revan darkside ending.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan
 ForeverNight
10-12-2008, 3:46 PM
Hmmm..... looks pretty good, Logan.

However, if I recall correct the module you're using was already skinned somewhat like that... However, that could just be my bad memory, won't be the first time and definitely not the last.

Only problem I see with the screenshots was the second one. I know I missed most of the conversation there, but having just a simple: "I agree." Seems kinda... I dunno, lacking?

However, it looks good, keep at it!

Whoops! The Zeltron!

She looks pretty good! I'm glad to see the changes between Mira and her, and, especially, that you messed around with the gunbelt and jacket!

Only thing I would change is the color of the thing covering her top. I dunno, the silver-ish-white looks a little too... borg like. And, I don't think that the Borg exist in Star Wars...
 Endorenna
10-12-2008, 3:46 PM
Looks nice. :) Keep up the good work!
 Riot Razer
10-13-2008, 8:04 PM
Logan

Great name for the Zeltron. I love it.
Is there any way to get Her if Revan was lightside? I may be an original Darksider but the lightside seems alot more fun sometimes
 logan23
10-13-2008, 8:15 PM
Riot Razer, I'm afraid no.
If you say that Revan was light side then you get Dustil.

Dustil Onasi:
Dustil will start off as a non force user. You will have the option to have him embrace the Force again as either a light or dark side user. :)

The name of the Zeltron was actually created by Redrob41 during a discussion on the party member.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan
 Riot Razer
10-13-2008, 8:41 PM
Logan
Darn... well At least Dustil is there. Since Carth is a major charecter, will dustil meet up with him and have a huge battle?

it makes sence how Dustil would be only lightside, Because, as many people know, Darkside can kill Him.
 Canderis
10-13-2008, 10:19 PM
didnt dustil die in k2?
 jedi7000nathan
10-13-2008, 10:29 PM
no thats non-canon until restored
 redrob41
10-14-2008, 1:05 AM
Atinah Vanis
(species: Zeltron)
Bounty hunter/party member
Updated and better than ever:
http://imageshack.com/a/img510/3189/wipatinah7bq0.jpg) http://imageshack.com/a/img117/3554/wipatinah6vd0.jpg)
Now that her name if finalized, I've added her initials (in New Arabesh font) to the sleeve of her jacket, and to the back of her belt.

redrob. The skin is great. the head works very well with the body. I was thinking just if the main pants color was the same as the top but still with the same purple highlights it might make her look a little more cheerful. If not, I still love the addition. Great work

I agree, so I made the jacket and pants more like a coordinated uniform. I decided to make them look like biker leathers (maybe she likes swoop bikes :D). I added several distinct leather textures (some bumpy, some smooth), and made it look as if they are made up of multiple segments sewn together (like a real leather jacket).

Only thing I would change is the color of the thing covering her top. I dunno, the silver-ish-white looks a little too... borg like. And, I don't think that the Borg exist in Star Wars...
The white top is just a place holder untill I can work more on it. I plan to make her top look like a cheerleader's shirt, but made out of white lace. Basically, the shirt that she wears as underwear will show through the open jacket.

I also left an open space on her back where I can place some kind of logo or crest. I'm thinking that I might have to create one myself, because I can't find a logo for the Bounty Hunter's Guild that was around during KotOR era. I checked Wookieepedia, and there are several logos for the guild during the Rebellion era, but none for the Old Republic. One limiting factor for the logo, is that it has to be mirrored (because the whole jacket is mirrored, except for the lower sleeve). If anyone has some ideas, I'd like to hear them.
 DarthParametric
10-14-2008, 8:21 AM
I think you want a logo for the faction/organisation/House she belongs to, rather than for the Guild itself. A good starting point would be to come up with the basic background fluff of this group which should give you some ideas for a logo.

Symmetrical logo types that come to mind would be some sort of animal skull (Krayt dragon perhaps?), a weapon (vibrosword?), geometric shapes (along the lines of the Empire's logo), a pair of stuncuffs, something with wings (bikie style - those are always cool).
 Riot Razer
10-14-2008, 2:30 PM
i like the new color change. it's small. but tweaked up and... It really really works. Great job redrob
 logan23
10-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Hey everyone!

Riot Razer, Dustil and Carth... how will their story end....?:)

I have been playing with some re-skinning of modules and thought..to share some pics with you guys. These are in the works..here is a taste.

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=corelliatest4zj9.jpg)
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=corelliatest3qk5.jpg)
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planetwildtesttn5.jpg)
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=corelliatest1xe7.jpg)
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planetwild3fb5.jpg)

MORE TO COME......

Logan
 Chevron 7 locke
10-15-2008, 3:44 AM
Screenshots so good...Textures to wonderful...Brain overloading from joy at seeing screenshots...*Chevron falls over and falls asleep*

Beautiful screenshots! I love em!
 zbyl2
10-15-2008, 7:06 AM
I had little problem with recognize Nar Shaada in third screenshot, it's really good ;) Really cool module.
I can't see any change in Onderon module, just different NPC and no change in texture. It's propadly because I wasn't in Onderon some time, but anyway... it would be cool if you do some more changes.
Good work, anyway! Can't wait to play "part I" :D
 TheDarkApprentice
10-15-2008, 9:49 AM
Its looking really great. Keep up the good work. :-D Looking forward to the rest.
 Endorenna
10-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Woooooooow...sweet! I really like that last screenshot! :D

PS: Corellia? I want this mod...
 Riot Razer
10-15-2008, 2:10 PM
Oh my god
Overload of wow..... I am amazed the unknown planet the new textures the background I am amazed

Logan = Creator of greatest mod
i cannot wait...... for the next post........
 ForeverNight
10-15-2008, 6:52 PM
Hmmm.... make the whitestone on the wall in Onderon a little darker... maybe a different color than the cream/white color you seem to be favoring on that module. Not much, mind, but just a little bit more than what it is currently. Maybe a gray or blue?

The soldiers still need some more work... maybe changing the black to a green? The rest of the uniform looks pretty good, but missing something... no idea what though.

The reskin of Nar Shadaa looks pretty good from the little bit I saw. But, except for the Onderanian enigma, this looks pretty good...

... maybe messing with the Onderan skybox?
 logan23
10-24-2008, 8:34 PM
 Riot Razer
10-25-2008, 9:46 AM
logan
the skins are coming out awsome

If there isn't going to be a knights 3 (dang lucasarts) this would technically be knights 3
:)
 Endorenna
10-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Sweet! Between this and The Jedi Masters, I am SET until that MMO comes out! :D
 Riot Razer
10-25-2008, 6:30 PM
i had never heard of The Jedi Masters. Its far along but i think that Revenge sounds more like what the actually would be the sequal. TJM just doesn't make too much sence to me
Root for logan.

There's a thread on here called "Knights of the Old Republic: The Jedi Masters". I think that either that one would make a good sequel. (Don't judge by the title. It's not about Vrook. ;))

I am checking up on TJM and i am going to talk on that form.
 Endorenna
10-25-2008, 7:26 PM
There's a thread on here called "Knights of the Old Republic: The Jedi Masters". I think that either that one would make a good sequel. (Don't judge by the title. It's not about Vrook. ;))
 ForeverNight
10-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Hmmm.... So, Logan, did you update the earlier pics of Corellia? Because the stone looks a little bit better than I think it did the first time!

Otherwise, on to the new batch!

The first one (The Hutt with twin HK units) It looks pretty good... Is it the same module as G0T0's yacht? Because that and the 4th one look like reskinned sections of it...

The second one (Reskinned Dxun) looks like it could be part of Corellia. I actually like how the guy with the green band on his nose looks like in that picture... I didn't especially like him when I first saw his head.

Third one (Reskinned Citadel Station) looks pretty good... in fact it was only the sign that told me that it was Citadel Station! This is, by far, your best reskin yet! I can't remember if those trees were there prior to the reskin, but they add a nice touch to it, and the walls and cealing actually look like it could actually be a military installation.

Fourth ("Greetings young padawan") looks like its a continuation of the one prior. My only complaint is the head of the Jedi guy... I dunno about it, it looks this guy's more likely to steal my money than teach me the ways of the Force... might be the cheek skinning that's running on it. At least on my monitor it looks like it's heavily scarred... like knife-fight scaring.

Logan, these are some decent reskins. Keep up the good work!
 Darth Novotnus
10-26-2008, 12:35 PM
i had never heard of The Jedi Masters. Its far along but i think that Revenge sounds more like what the actually would be the sequal. TJM just doesn't make too much sence to me
Root for logan.

I don't think it's a competition. Both Trex and Logan are doing great job for the Community and from my point both of them deserve our support.
 Riot Razer
10-26-2008, 8:17 PM
I know that makes it sound like its a competition but i think RoR sounds, based on the so far reveiled plot, makes more sence
 Pikmin
10-26-2008, 8:59 PM
But then TJM's plot hasn't been revealed.

didnt dustil die in k2?

Ok, here is what happens to dustil,

In K1, if Revan was LS then Dustil quits the sith
If DS Dustil stays a sith.

OE was planning that if you set Revan to DS then Dustil would appear in the tomb dead, in Revan was LS Dustil would appear alive.
 logan23
10-26-2008, 9:15 PM
Hey everyone!

I want to say that both Trex's The Jedi Masters and my Revenge of Revan are both equally great mods. I look forward to seeing/playing The Jedi Masters. I have the highest regard for Trex. He has helped me with some technical issues with modding/scripting.

As for the idea, which mod is closer to what a kotor3 would be.....that's easy.....neither. We are both telling two possible stories/sequels to kotor2.

I want to thank everyone for their support:D

MORE TO COME......

Logan
 Pikmin
10-26-2008, 9:19 PM
which mod is closer to what a kotor3 would be...neither

That's true since in both the main plot revolves around something that regrettabily never happens, the Return of Revan.
 Canderis
10-26-2008, 9:30 PM
Logan can you post all of the screenies in your first post so people dont have to look all through the thread for the screenies?
 SpartanPride
10-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm still playing with Corellia's skin...thanks for all the feedback:)

I'm back with some pics......
http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vg3oc4.jpg)
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=col1st9.jpg)
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prtest3gd1.jpg)
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vg1vq7.jpg)
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prtest44ow1.jpg)

MORE TO COME......

Logan

Not to be too critical, but the NPC's in the Swoop Gang should be called "Swoop Gang Member" instead of "Swoop Gang." =)
 jedi_christian
10-27-2008, 6:35 AM
is tis a TC for KotOR or TSL?
 Pikmin
10-27-2008, 7:31 AM
TSL...
 jedi_christian
10-27-2008, 8:01 AM
TSL...

Thanx
 Riot Razer
10-27-2008, 2:22 PM
logan
ok ill stop with the TJM
I saw on his forum you and he were talking so ill be quite on that

canderis / logan
I think the screenies should stay the same because if anyone who hasn't seen ror will look through all the past posts and any who are keeping up with the posts will likly just jump to the newest posts, like me, and read them. or you could leave them and do uploads on the first
 Pikmin
10-27-2008, 3:29 PM
They could keep them in the posts AND add links in the main post.
Page: 7 of 37