Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

FOC Patch requests/suggestions/ideas

Page: 1 of 3
 Rust_Lord
11-01-2006, 7:42 PM
Okay gamers here's your chance to go crazy and make all your requests for the inevitable FOC patch. Hopefully this will gain the attention of our buddies at PG and they may give some consideration to the wishes/opinions of their devoted customers. While it might be more appropriate to have a seperate FOC thread under 'tech issues' for bugs, it might just be easier to lump everything into this thread.

Fire away!
Regards
Rusty

I wont steal anyone's glory so first off I will go for a simple one, I was playing the small GC focused on capture of the Maw; playing as the Empire and I found a bug where Pietts proton beam stayed on screen and did not damage a hardpoint. Piett moved away and the graphic remained and continued to remain until the hardpoint was destroyed.
 darthcarth
11-01-2006, 8:44 PM
More balanced duh, and all the bugs to be fixed all teh rest i can wait for to come out in mods.
 Rust_Lord
11-01-2006, 9:26 PM
Well thats a no brainer but is there anything *specific* you want changed? Like the Vengeance frigates need to be made a little less tougher or to tone down the mass drivers a bit; either lower damage or lower rate of fire if they want to keep the ability to ignore shields; Longer recharge on the point defence lasers and a smaller burst of missiles on the Interceptor IVs. While they are at it, how about making the interdictor a bit more useful; another four lasercannons would be good = with a corellian corvette.
 Daspaz
11-02-2006, 1:18 AM
Simple: IG-88.

I've seen a lot of proposed solutions to how broken he is, but here's what I see as the simplest.
The Rebels can destroy the DS by winning a space battle involving it with Rogue squadron. They need to work for the kill. Why not simply make it exactly the same for IG-88? Make it so the Consortium must win a space battle over the DS with IG-88 alive.
The way it is now simply cannot be allowed to stay as it is. The Empire has to spend a fortune researching, building, and protecting it. The Rebels have to win a freaking Epic space battle versus the inevtibly huge defence fleet probably including the Executor too, while their cruisers are getting completely owned by the DS's laser, and keep Rogue squadron alive. (As described it's actually exactly like in RotJ.) The Zann Consortium? Drag a unit to a little circle: boom, with no warning or defense.
Considering the Rebels canonically destroyed the thing, there is no way to justify giving the Consortium a way to destroy the Death Star that's 100 times easier. Make them win a space battle over it too.
PLEASE.
 Darth Ablett
11-02-2006, 3:52 AM
Simple: IG-88.

I've seen a lot of proposed solutions to how broken he is, but here's what I see as the simplest.
The Rebels can destroy the DS by winning a space battle involving it with Rogue squadron. They need to work for the kill. Why not simply make it exactly the same for IG-88? Make it so the Consortium must win a space battle over the DS with IG-88 alive.
The way it is now simply cannot be allowed to stay as it is. The Empire has to spend a fortune researching, building, and protecting it. The Rebels have to win a freaking Epic space battle versus the inevtibly huge defence fleet probably including the Executor too, while their cruisers are getting completely owned by the DS's laser, and keep Rogue squadron alive. (As described it's actually exactly like in RotJ.) The Zann Consortium? Drag a unit to a little circle: boom, with no warning or defense.
Considering the Rebels canonically destroyed the thing, there is no way to justify giving the Consortium a way to destroy the Death Star that's 100 times easier. Make them win a space battle over it too.
PLEASE.

Woah, hold on. I'm going to buy FoC this weekend, so I haven't played it yet. But IG-88 doesn't have to be involved in a battle to blow up the Death Star? That's madness! That means there is nothing to stop the consortium from removing the most expensive unit in the game.

I know he is permanently removed from play, but is that really balanced when you're talking about a huge financial hit for the Empire player? Also, is this still the case when losing the DS is a losing condition? If it is, that's pretty dumb.

Oh, and on-topic for a patch: fix the sound bugs I've been hearing about, with units like the TIE Phantom having the voice of a Scout.
 christnet06
11-02-2006, 5:50 AM
Hi,

There is a problem with the Death Star II superlaser. When i use it to destroy a planet after having destroyed a ship, the planet explodes without the superlaser.

And i've also noticed that for Nal hutta, the death star destroy the planet moon and not the planet itself !! (also when i've destroyed a ship before)

There is also a bug for space Bespin Map where chips and Death Star are in the planet atmosphere and you can't destroy it.The only mean to destroy Bespin is to go on the galactic map.

That's all (i think) for the death star II bugs.
 Dreng
11-02-2006, 6:12 AM
the DS II-IG-88 thing is balanced because if he is removed from the game you just build the DS II again and then IG-88 wouldnt be there to stop you or does the DS II cant be builded again?
 papercut
11-02-2006, 6:46 AM
i havent played forces of coruption, though i herd alot of it, plz reply...papercut210@hotmail.com
 papercut
11-02-2006, 6:51 AM
i think u should be able to hav old republic stuff, coz they dont make a whole of clone wars games uno, imeen in space maybe a jedi starfighter, arc170 fighter, gunship, droid starfighter etc and maybe for land clones and droids (obviosley) spider walkers...and if anyones seen Clone wars part1 & 2 they should put some of the planets from that if they havent, or missions(thats wat they should of done for republic commando) plz reply papercut210@hotmail.com
 Dreng
11-02-2006, 9:12 AM
another bug when dark troopers and bobba fett go trough the water while using their jetpacks they start to blink in yellow and have that little water icon on then even when they arent on the water anymore
 jedi jim 1989
11-02-2006, 9:58 AM
mainly i got a problem of the "ysalamari cage consrtucting going off all the time" what the hell is tha about
 ImpElite
11-02-2006, 10:35 AM
i think u should be able to hav old republic stuff, coz they dont make a whole of clone wars games uno, imeen in space maybe a jedi starfighter, arc170 fighter, gunship, droid starfighter etc and maybe for land clones and droids (obviosley) spider walkers...and if anyones seen Clone wars part1 & 2 they should put some of the planets from that if they havent, or missions(thats wat they should of done for republic commando) plz reply papercut210@hotmail.com

Okay, one. No offense and please don't take this as a flame, lean how to spell.

Two. I think they should make a New Republic expansion instead of Clone Wars, it'd be the first New Republic/Yuuzhan Vong game!
 Valter
11-02-2006, 3:43 PM
There are a few bugs and balance issues I've noticed...

- Rouge Squadron disappears forever when destroyed in GC.

- The Rebel transport is unbuildable even when C-3PO and R2-D2 steal the tech.

- The Vengeance frigates are practically indestructible, their mass drivers destroy fighters too quickly and their armor seems unaffected by laser blasts. Maybe lower the HP health or lower the rate of fire on their mass drivers.

- The TIE phantoms can be detected by the AI when using the "stealth" ability.

- The warning of an incoming enemy fleet is "ysalamiri cage constructing."

- The Keldabe Cruiser and Aggressor Cruiser can be built anywhere (without Mon Calamari, Kuat etc...). This seems to cause balance issues with the number of capital ships that can be built at one time.

- The "Revolt" corruption ability is way too overpowered. I lost a level 5 space station, turbolaser towers, a Magnapulse cannon and a barracks on Fondor when the Consortium instigated a "revolt." This is annoying because their is NO way to defend against a revolt.

- IG-88 can destroy the death star without any difficulty. This is a major balance issue that needs attention. At least add some challenge to the "Hack Death Star" ability. It feels too easy.

There are some other minor things I've noticed but these are the glitches and balance issues that really get on my nerves.
 Dreng
11-02-2006, 5:24 PM
The rebels in GC only build ion cannons and they doesnt even use them...this happened in medium dificulty they had tatoine and some other planets with just ion cannons but in the space battles no one was fired (spanish version of FOC btw)
 Rust_Lord
11-02-2006, 6:02 PM
Totally valid point about the IG-88 thing. He doesnt just take out the death star but the planet, any fleet and characters in the system at the time. My brother, to his surprise, found out last night when his prize fleet including executor was destroyed without a fight. First thing he knew EVERY hero was removed from play, since they were all either in space or on the planet where the DS was located. Point taken the DS can be built again but apart from losing characters and the planet the fleet would have cost over 40000 easy.

Aside to this I think I found another bug; while combating a ZC force with the DS alone (and its support fleet) the DS could not target the space station. There was no frigates it could target and it seems that it needs to be able to target frigates/cap ships before it can target space stations. Anyone else experienced this because ive definately used the DS to destroy both space stations before while frigs/cap ships were present.
 Darth Ablett
11-02-2006, 6:40 PM
Totally valid point about the IG-88 thing. He doesnt just take out the death star but the planet, any fleet and characters in the system at the time. My brother, to his surprise, found out last night when his prize fleet including executor was destroyed without a fight. First thing he knew EVERY hero was removed from play, since they were all either in space or on the planet where the DS was located. Point taken the DS can be built again but apart from losing characters and the planet the fleet would have cost over 40000 easy.

Exactly. If this happened, it's highly unlikely that the Empire player would be able to recover from that loss. There should be an added degree of difficulty, as well as some interactivity IMO.
 SaintVezner
11-02-2006, 6:53 PM
There are a few bugs and balance issues I've noticed...

- Rouge Squadron disappears forever when destroyed in GC.

- The Rebel transport is unbuildable even when C-3PO and R2-D2 steal the tech.

- The Vengeance frigates are practically indestructible, their mass drivers destroy fighters too quickly and their armor seems unaffected by laser blasts. Maybe lower the HP health or lower the rate of fire on their mass drivers.

- The TIE phantoms can be detected by the AI when using the "stealth" ability.

- The warning of an incoming enemy fleet is "ysalamiri cage constructing."

- The Keldabe Cruiser and Aggressor Cruiser can be built anywhere (without Mon Calamari, Kuat etc...). This seems to cause balance issues with the number of capital ships that be built at one time.

- The "Revolt" corruption ability is way too overpowered. I lost a level 5 space station, turbolaser towers, a Magnapulse cannon and a barracks on Fondor when the Consortium instigated a "revolt." This is annoying because their is NO way to defend against a revolt.

- IG-88 can destroy the death star without any difficulty. This is a major balance issue that needs attention. At least add some challenge to the "Hack Death Star" ability. It feels too easy.

There are some other minor things I've noticed but these are the glitches and balance issues that really get on my nerves.

I've noticed the same bugs as well as some others that I will list below:

---Sometimes when you play a GC game you can't tech up to level 5, and yes I did make extra sure that I set max tech level to 5. This is a strange bug that seems to happen hit and miss for me. When I had this happen to me I was playing as rebs and I couldn't steal tech to buy B-Wings, the mon cal frigate, and etc. I also wasn't able to use Luke. :(

---When you DO get Luke in a GC game, one of his special abilities in a space battle is still the "lucky shot". However it doesn't seem to work as whenever I click on it to use against an hardpoint on an enemy ship it acts as if I clicked on nothing. In other words, the ability seems to not be activated or something.

---Random events doesn't seem to work. I have made extra certain that I have activated it in each GC game that I have started and I never get random events to occur.

---What happened to Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade? :(
 lukeiamyourdad
11-02-2006, 8:11 PM
Two. I think they should make a New Republic expansion instead of Clone Wars, it'd be the first New Republic/Yuuzhan Vong game!

Keep on topic. This isn't about another expansion, it's about suggestions that can fit into a patch.
 Darth Khasei
11-02-2006, 8:16 PM
Kyle and Mara are still in the game, just killed both in a skirmish last nite LOL1
 Darth_Extas
11-02-2006, 10:45 PM
For one thing, the Vengence Frigates seem fine to me they are one of the Underworld's advantages. Mass Drive is fine, without their current power the ship would be useless. also Vatler, try being prepared for it next time, when I have played as the consoritorium I have been able to do that with a few heroes, so you have to be ready for anything (land base must have been low). The Aggressor and Keldabe cannot be build everywhere, read the planet discriptions in the manual, I have not been able to build them everywhere.
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
11-03-2006, 3:26 AM
crud that's embarrissin'

Indeed ;)

Anyways , i think that the Executor should get a Abillity that allows vader to get out of the Executor in his Tie advanced ( To make it fair u could only have the abillity when the Executor has taken serious damage)
 lordzack
11-03-2006, 1:05 PM
Indeed ;)

Anyways , i think that the Executor should get a Abillity that allows vader to get out of the Executor in his Tie advanced ( To make it fair u could only have the abillity when the Executor has taken serious damage)

Or at any time you want.
 Valter
11-03-2006, 3:01 PM
For one thing, the Vengence Frigates seem fine to me they are one of the Underworld's advantages. Mass Drive is fine, without their current power the ship would be useless. also Vatler, try being prepared for it next time, when I have played as the consoritorium I have been able to do that with a few heroes, so you have to be ready for anything (land base must have been low). The Aggressor and Keldabe cannot be build everywhere, read the planet discriptions in the manual, I have not been able to build them everywhere.

"Valter" not "Vatler." ;)

It has nothing to do with being "unprepared." I had three Star Destroyers (including Thrawn) and numerous Tartans and TIE Defenders but I was unable to defeat five Vengeance frigates and three Crusaders. I had all of my star destroyers target one Vengeance at a time while having my Defenders attack the mass drivers. One of the Vengeance frigates exploded and effectivally destroyed all of my Defenders and the others were being pounded by my destroyers but were taking little to no damage at all. The TIE bombers were blown out of the way by the mass drivers and their missiles were intercepted by point-defense lasers.

I am not complaining about the abilities of the Vengeance, just the fact that they are practically invincible.
 jedi jim 1989
11-03-2006, 3:40 PM
sorry double post, please delete

There's a delete button when you edit your posts :) -LIAYD
 jedi jim 1989
11-03-2006, 3:40 PM
well i agree that they are extremly strong but they dont have a shield, and id suggest that you should have held all your units near your space station, grouped your bombers and fighters for protection and swing around their flank, take the courvettes out wit you imp stars, then when there gone your bombers are safe enough, i know that the mass drivers take them out well but if you just mass them, and send them in from behind then you wil be safe.

that is one good thing about them, they cant fire there mass drivers in any direction other then forwards, meanin if you can get behind them and stay there, you just worry about those turbo lasers, which wont be a problem.

by the way i hop that you dont think im flaming you, im not, just offering some advice
 Valter
11-04-2006, 3:06 PM
I understand, but there are some problems with the strategies you listed.

-I was attacking, not defending, so I had no space station at that time.

-It's pretty hard to flank the Vengeance frigates with those Crusaders covering them with point-defense-lasers.

-The Crusaders are very small targets so the Star Destroyers have a hard time hitting them with their turbolasers. More Crusaders keep hyperspacing in once a Crusader is destroyed anyway. (They are garrison units)

-TIE bombers are slow, therefore they are destroyed very quickly by the mass drivers, besides that, the Crusaders destroy any bombers that make it behind the Vengeance frigates.

-If I group my fighters and bombers together the Vengeance frigate simply self-destructs and destroys all of my fighters.

-If I use a screen of TIE interceptors to cover my TIE bombers then my Destroyers are vulnerable to attack by Skiprays.

I appreciate the help Jedi Jim, but I've tried numerous strategies and the only ones that seem to work is to use the Death Star or bring in the Executor.
 Darth Khasei
11-04-2006, 4:42 PM
The black market weapons for the ZC are better. It is not a bug it was meant to be. Play balance is exactly how it should be IMHO.

The "only" change that "might" be valid is in space skirmish only. They "might" want to consider making the ZC buy the black market enhancements and not start off with them. Other than that Imps and Rebs will just need to face the fact the ZC is here and they need to fight differently than they do when facing each other.

I wish they would do the Vong war era, oh maybe not based on all the whinning about the ZC's power, can't imagine the screams of bloody murder as those SSD's bite the dust ;)
 darthcarth
11-04-2006, 8:04 PM
Darth khasei think about this the empire uses the illegal weapons that they say civilians cant not use so does the rebelion. It doesnt make sence that the corupt side can get different tech from stealing from the empire/rebelion. The other 2 sides are not idiots zan is over powered his tech was never made, They made itimbalanced because they only thought of making the corupt side "cool".
 popcorn2008
11-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Regarding the "Revolt" corruption, I dont think its overpowered at all. Just DONT remove the corruption and a revolt won't occur. It's just one of those things you have to put up with. On planets with Corrupt Militia its your job not to build a huge space station and ground base.
 Darth Khasei
11-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Darth khasei think about this the empire uses the illegal weapons that they say civilians cant not use so does the rebelion. It doesnt make sence that the corupt side can get different tech from stealing from the empire/rebelion. The other 2 sides are not idiots zan is over powered his tech was never made, They made itimbalanced because they only thought of making the corupt side "cool".

LOL! Dude the fact that the Rebs use CP3O to steal plans so the rebs can build T4B's that own empires repulsors is the same thing. Meaning its a game function, not to be taken any other way period.

In terms of strength of other factions vs Imps and rebs I have some personal opinions on why all the uproar. I just like the fact that Petro had the huevos to make the ZC a faction that is as tough to deal with as RL crime lords. Kudos to you Petro, ZC rocks, now all we need is the Vong's :)
 Darth Ablett
11-05-2006, 12:43 AM
The day they make a Vong expansion to any SW game is the day that game series dies, IMO.

On topic, I don't think this is the patch to make any big changes (IG-88 aka Captain Broken), just to fix the bugs in the game. The adding can come after they have cleaned up the game. Oh, and a tiny bit of balancing the Consortium fighters. Tone down the StarVipers, and increase the cost of the Skiprays.
 darthcarth
11-05-2006, 1:02 AM
Let me think darth khasei is thier any crimelord that could stand up to the U.S. no, has their every been probbaly not maybe during the colonail days, i agree zans faction should be balanced but shouldnt be better then the empire, now if u want to talk realism the the empire should have thousands of sders lets see zans 50 ship force beat that.
 Darth Khasei
11-05-2006, 1:10 AM
Let me think darth khasei is thier any crimelord that could stand up to the U.S. no, has their every been probbaly not maybe during the colonail days, i agree zans faction should be balanced but shouldnt be better then the empire, now if u want to talk realism the the empire should have thousands of sders lets see zans 50 ship force beat that.

Hmm, I'm not going to get political about the US, but if you don't think oil baron crime lords run the US, I feel for you. All of that kind of stuff will become clearer to you as you get older mate, no worries.

The last part of your post indicates the clear misunderstanding many share with you about the ZC and how it is suppose to fit into the EAW:FOC world. I would ask if you played the campaign, but it matters not as it clearly goes through the steps, tactics, strategies and reasons how and why the ZC comes to power, check it out ;)
 darthcarth
11-05-2006, 1:56 AM
If they do it is only because the us chooses to do so.

I saw how he came to power, even then the imperail fleet would have been at large, the fact that he could destroy a ssder is bogus, i hateo say it but petro disapointed me with the story it should have been different and it should have been a heck of alot longer.

Now on to balance u still havent answered my question why would the imperails have superior tech, after all they use it them selves theout law the ilegal stuff to give them selves a advantage.

Now none of this matters as it is a game but still he should be in line with the other factions and thats what we are hoping for in the next patch.
 Wolfenstein1942
11-05-2006, 2:35 AM
LOL@ "oil barons run this country"

We haven't sunk that far mind you. I've nothing against cyncism until it because so extreme/radical that it skews your view like it has done to yours.
 Darth Khasei
11-05-2006, 4:10 AM
LOL@ "oil barons run this country"

We haven't sunk that far mind you. I've nothing against cyncism until it because so extreme/radical that it skews your view like it has done to yours.

I started to write you a pm but I think every should be aware about the truth. Do just a "little" digging for info for yourself. It is out there in the public domain. Don't think that you are getting the truth from the 6:00pm news because you are only getting what the corporate interest want you to get. It is not radical by any means, but it is the truth and sometimes the truth is painful and nasty. And yes governments "do" lie to their citizens.

Once again age, experience and time will show the truth, not propaganda or blindness to the truth ;)
 Darth Khasei
11-05-2006, 4:16 AM
If they do it is only because the us chooses to do so.

I saw how he came to power, even then the imperail fleet would have been at large, the fact that he could destroy a ssder is bogus, i hateo say it but petro disapointed me with the story it should have been different and it should have been a heck of alot longer.

Now on to balance u still havent answered my question why would the imperails have superior tech, after all they use it them selves theout law the ilegal stuff to give them selves a advantage.

Now none of this matters as it is a game but still he should be in line with the other factions and thats what we are hoping for in the next patch.

Well the entire thing is all make believe from GL and the guys at Petro's head anyway, so bogus stories and plot props etc.. should be expected. In addition, the story seems fine to me, probably since I am not tied to the Imps or rebs the way some are in the SW world. :)

I am more than sure all of those that hate the plot and the power of the ZC etc.. ad nauseum will pony up and mod the game to their hearts desire for release of even their own personal use. This way all of the ppl that could do a better job than Petro will rise to the top...... Waiting patiently :lol:
 YertyL
11-05-2006, 8:25 AM
Well, what do you think about this:
It's a strategy game; all factions should be different to play with but have an equal chance of winning.
Period.
 Daspaz
11-05-2006, 3:43 PM
-Stay on topic.
-We're too close!
-STAY ON TOPIC!
-Loosen up!
-*Explodes*
-Gold Five to Red leader, lost Khasei, lost Carth. They came from... behind!

Seriously, you guys are great and all, but keep this conversation out of this thread please. Can we get back to bug reports for the patch?

Some excellent bug catches have been made already here, congrats on spotting them gang. I'll add a coupe more here...
- The rebels don't fire ground based ion cannons in GC. (May have been mentioned already, if so sorry for the dupe) I haven't played a full GC with Rebels yet, don't know if the Imps fire hypervelocity guns.
- When attacking Bespin with the DSII, your fleet warps INTO the DS. It needs to be moved to a different part of the map or have its altitude changed.
- The Admonitor (Thrawn) doesen't have correct collision detection; he clips through other ISDs and the Executor sometimes.
- Speaking of the Admonitor, its tractor beam isn't an auto-fire ability as it is on other ISDs (Bug).
- (This is more of a balance issue/opinion than a bug) Vader is no longer a viable land unit since the Executor is too valuable to lose, even temporarily. I'd MUCH rather keeping him as he was before and making Piett the Executor. I believe it would work very well as right now the Empire gets 3 hero Capital ships whereas the other sides get only 1, and Piett commanded the Executor in canon anyway. Thrawn more than makes up for losing Piett as an ISD, and the Empire STILL would have more hero capital ships than the others at 2. Not having Vader in land battles really cracks down on the ability to counter Luke/Yoda/Obi-Wan being thrown at you.
- Again more of an opinion, but I'll add my voice to the crowd saying that Vengeance frigates have too many hit points. Its my belief that any ship that can cloak to move around to attack a capital ship from behind with high-powered weapons should have a glass jaw.
- In GC, I often see the AI leave ground-only hero units in space because there are already 10 units on the surface. Last time I played they kept moving their last remaining significant space fleet around with Obi-wan, Luke and Yoda in it, and wouldn't leave them on a planet's surface. When I attacked them finally (I was waiting for the AI to get them out of the space fleet since I WANTED to fight them on the ground, but it didn't happen) there was a Neb-B with all three of them on it, which the AI proceeded to throw at a wall of my ISDs. I actually felt sad for those guys, and really lame when I destroyed that ship. That's just one example but I see it often. Keep Yoda/Obi-wan/others out of space fleets!
 jedi7000nathan
11-05-2006, 4:21 PM
more consortiom heros
 darthcarth
11-05-2006, 4:32 PM
Accauly i think that should be the least of our worrys atm.
 YertyL
11-05-2006, 6:12 PM
IMO the shields of consortium buildings need to be toned down a bit. The shield of a consortium palast regenerates as fast as 2 artillery units harm it!!
 ImpElite
11-05-2006, 6:50 PM
Accauly i think that should be the least of our worrys atm.

I second that, (I probably have pretty much no right to post here since I don't own FOC yet) but could we empower the Rebel's Orbital Bombardment a bit? Everyone says it's really weak
 Rust_Lord
11-05-2006, 8:48 PM
After a bit of play testing over the weekend (most game time was dominated by CoH which has REAL balance) I am going to turn things on their head a bit, from what I said before. I think the main thing that unbalances the ZC is their income and if this was corrected then their units COULD be left as is. But I am talking seriously hampering what they can produce now. If their cost was accurate and their income equal to the other factions then I think the problem would be solved.

The Scenario: While in Skirmish on the Endor map I tried the last strategy I had left to try; holding off the ZC until I had access to ISDs and then counter attacking. Now the Endor map has 5 mines. I held control of 3 and the the fourth (in the middle of the map) for a good period until the ZC started to advance in force and destroyed it. They never made use of this mine as I had a unit which could observe it. So they had *ONE* mine and their supply depot. I tested it and a supply depot brings in 300 credits a minute. Each mine brings in approx 1100 credits a minute. So I was getting at least three times more income as the ZC (in theory). I was able to tech up to 5 and bring on Thrawn. All the while I had to fend off multiple small attacks which I did easily. I thought I had half a chance.

HOWEVER very shortly after I brought on Thrawn, I spot an Aggressor closing in with support. How were they able to tech up and afford this craft you ask while still keeping me busy with Vengeance Fr, Int IVs and Star Vipers? I have no idea. But wait it gets worse. Certain I could repel the Aggressor my confidence was high but this quickly turned to despair as out of hyperspace behind the lead aggressor arrived two more! I had only just been able to tech up and get Thrawn and they have **3** cap ships, and they bought on a fourth after I destoryed one! Yet their ships and upgrades are supposed to be expensive too. Needless to say I had lost two of my mines by then, one i go back but they did this all on ONE FRIGGIN MINE! I can't contain my anger with this game anymore. Its shelved until PG fix this crap and I will vote with my wallet and not buy any my PG guff again. If crime pays then I guess its okay for me to resort to crime too and pirate any future PG releases and save me paying for buggy and unbalanced software, especially when its inferior to some of the mods getting around! Boo to you PG.
 SaintVezner
11-05-2006, 9:52 PM
I have played a SP GC game as the rebels for quite a while now. I have yet to see a hypervelocity gun fire at my ships. Just an observation.

I also have a new concern with the rogue squadron disappearing bug. What are you supposed to do when the Empire builds the Death Star? Without Rogue squadron the rebs have no way of destroying the DS unless the consortium uses IG88 to do it.

BTW, in my GC game the empire AI has started building the Death Star twice now and cancelled production after a few seconds each time. WTH? The only nice thing about them stopping production from my perspective is the fact that my Rogue squadron disappeared from the game a long time ago and I would have no way of destroying the DS.
 Rust_Lord
11-05-2006, 11:35 PM
I might just make a small clarrification too; its not simply the ZC that is the issue. I encounter the same issue (unreal income) in skirmish with any faction on medium (I havent dared play Hard after trying Med), it's just that due to the superiority of the ZC units that this effect is magnified. I know its something of an exploit if your able to grab all of the mines early in the game and have complete dominance, but rather than give the computer an improper income just to compete, fix the AI so it goes after mines and defends them rather than what is nothing more than cheating.
 YertyL
11-06-2006, 1:43 PM
btw. I made a threat concerning the bugs of FOC here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=172014)
They should be fixed as well...
 Dreng
11-06-2006, 1:51 PM
more GC scenarios...
 SAGEKING-PG
11-06-2006, 3:14 PM
Thanks for these suggestions, I will definitely have our designers check this out :)
 Darth Khasei
11-06-2006, 5:02 PM
more GC scenarios...

We can make our own really easily by modding one of the ones already there. I happen to play the game with my modded GC's most of the time so I could help you if you want.

What additional kinds of GC would you like?
Page: 1 of 3