Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Veridian Echo Mod part 1

Page: 1 of 3
 Torthane
09-11-2006, 4:34 PM
Torthane here, I am announcing the upcoming release of the first part of my Veridian Echo mod. The purpose of this mod will be to make KOTOR II look and sound a little prettier and to improve the gameplay without drastically changing the story. I am nearly done with the first pack which will change the face textures for the Handmaiden, Atton, the Desciple, Visas, and Mira. This mod will also change the equipment loadouts of the afformentioned characters with some new goodies like a deadly accurate sniper rifle, bladed gloves for the handmaiden, and an advanced medical computer for the Disciple. Also included will be some new clothing/underclothing skins. The mod will also change the combat to be more fast-paced and challenging. More info on the way with some screenshots.
 Torthane
09-13-2006, 3:13 PM
Update: Got some screenshots for you all. The changes are subtle but you can see the difference in the eyes and skin texture. Any feedback or suggestions would be great.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/55075/tazdjoxbth.jpg)

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/55075/nzpwskwigh.jpg)

More on the way soon.
 Kainzorus Prime
09-13-2006, 3:21 PM
Hmm purple eyes and raised contrast of skin on Mira.
Facial hair and veins (?) on Atton.
 Fiestainabox
09-13-2006, 4:33 PM
Amazing Atton looks alot more like his chacter "should" look like. Great job, Im excited!
 goldberry
09-13-2006, 4:49 PM
I like the Atton, but I'm not very observant, so I don't see much change in Mira :D
EDIT: Wait a sec, have you given her freckles? Going for the dangerous horney teenage look?
 Torthane
09-13-2006, 5:51 PM
Update: Here's another one of Mira. Glad you guys liked the new Atton look. As for the dangerous horney teenage look, sure. Check this out.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/55075/zqlhbzwrdk.jpg)

PS: she will come with a sniper rifle in this mod.
 stoffe
09-13-2006, 6:25 PM
Update: Here's another one of Mira. Glad you guys liked the new Atton look. As for the dangerous horney teenage look, sure. Check this out.
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/55075/zqlhbzwrdk.jpg)

Hmm, is just my screen's brightness too low, or does she have solid black eyes? She looks rather alien-like in some eerie way. :)

Other than that it looks pretty good so far.
 goldberry
09-13-2006, 6:35 PM
Solid black middle, outer area purple. She looks really pissed off.
 Torthane
09-13-2006, 7:15 PM
I agree that her eyes are much too dark, I had the wrong skin applied when I took those shots. I will fix it soon and get some new screens for it along with Visas, Brianna and The Disciple.
 Torthane
09-13-2006, 7:25 PM
 Fjope
09-14-2006, 6:04 AM
Are those liver spots, or is it just bad acne? :) Those look great, wish I could texture like that. Are you going to redo the entire party, or just these?
 Torthane
09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Update: I ran into a problem so it will probably be a little while before I get it fixed. I'll try to post a few more screens soon though.
 Torthane
09-23-2006, 1:23 PM
Update: Still fixing that bug, but here's a comparison of the old handmaiden (on the left) to my new handmaiden skin (on the right). Hope you like the new skin, and as always criticize it as much as you want. I'm always open to suggestions.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/nvdxzvwsmu.jpg)

PS: new one of Mira coming soon, and I should have new underclothes skins up soon too.
 Darth Dragoon
09-23-2006, 2:12 PM
how did you get the facial hair to look real?
 Pavlos
09-23-2006, 3:08 PM
Hmm, this looks interesting. I'm not sure about the marks on Atton's face but on the whole... wow :). How extensive is this mod to be? Are we talking about area reskins, or just NPCs (Which is a massive task in itself)? This will likely be one of my must-haves :).
 Torthane
09-23-2006, 5:52 PM
how did you get the facial hair to look real?

It took a long time,but I'm glad you think it looks real. And to respond to Pavlos's questions this first realease will change some of the NPC's textures and will also change all of the weapons to be more powerful. The enemies will also get a boost but not to harcore mod standards. It will also add some exclusive weapons and equipment for some of the party members.
 goldberry
09-23-2006, 5:58 PM
I can't wait till this is released. You've got my download if only for the NPC reskins. Could I say one thing about Brianna? She now has brown eyebrows and white hair... it looks kind of freaky, but thats just IMO.
 EnderWiggin
09-24-2006, 7:28 AM
Ooh, maybe now I'll actually use handmaiden instead of just leaving her on the Hawk.

I like them a lot...

_EW_
 xmovingpicturesx
09-24-2006, 2:02 PM
Wow, these all look great. I'm loving that Handmaiden.
 stoffe
09-24-2006, 2:52 PM
Hope you like the new skin, and as always criticize it as much as you want. I'm always open to suggestions.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/nvdxzvwsmu.jpg)

Overall it looks pretty good and is an improvement. Maybe it's just my monitor brightness that's wrong again, or does she have a solid black iris and pupil in her eyes?

There's something in that skin that also makes her look more like a teenage boy than a young woman for some reason, but I can't quite put a finger on what. But maybe that was intentional? :)
 darthcarth
09-24-2006, 4:08 PM
YEah i dont think she is that young to have that much achne.
 Torthane
09-24-2006, 4:37 PM
Update: Well I hope this is an improvment to my Atton skin. I think I got rid of those weird spots on his face. The pic on the left is the defualt game Atton and the one on the right is his new skin. As always feedback is welcome.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/ubcbuucaat.jpg)
 Pavlos
09-24-2006, 4:40 PM
There's something in that skin that also makes her look more like a teenage boy than a young woman for some reason, but I can't quite put a finger on what. But maybe that was intentional? :)

That's actually really scary. Ever since you said that, I can see it too - which is annoying.

Nice improvements for Atton, Torthane :).
 Torthane
09-24-2006, 4:51 PM
Update: Here's another shot at Mira. As usual the pic on the left is the unmodified Mira while the one on the right is the one I did.

PS: I know what you mean about the Handmaiden looking rather like a teenaged boy. I'll have to work on her some more. Kudos to everyone for all of the feedback, sometimes I just don't notice these things on my own.

PPS: Underclothes on the way! (What, you're not overjoyed? What's wrong with you.)

Here's the Mira pic (hopefully I didn't go too overboard with the freckles):
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/zkazycthvo.jpg)
 foolproof
09-24-2006, 7:20 PM
Wow .. Just wow. Awsome work man!

I think that so far you've got Atton right on (awsome beard - must have taken forever to make it look so realistic. Its almost like the next gen facial hair developers create for all the new games coming out) so keep him that way.

Onto Mira : the latest skin is very very nice, the eyes in perticular are just amaizing (same with Atton eyes). The previous Mira eyes were just a bit too darkish purple and really had no dimension kinda like too dark blobs of ink. Also about the freckles its more of a personal taste type of thing so 50% are going to say: great/realistic/revolutionary and 50% will say: umm cut em by about 30-40% cuz its going overboard/ wtf pimples!! / smallpox? . So since adding 2 skins would be impractical because then the darkside transitions would have to have 2 skins each aswell for greater realism, the best solution would be to leave her as she is or host a poll or something. Maybe it would be in the best interest of all fans to cut back on freckles about 20% (since some might hate and others love it), but I wouldn't mind her being like this since she is a redhead and the freckles suit her (this is IMO however). The other characters however I dont think should have freckles (or at least to that extent).

And... Handmaiden : Maybe if you revert eye color back to original she might keep that feminine look in her face , and spread out the freckles a bit to take out that redness around her nose. Or just take them out entirely. But then again its your work so maybe its best to suprise us with something cool just like new atton and mira.

It would proly be best if u tried to do something different with each of the characters (beard, no beard /or long beard, short beard type of thing for Atton and Disciple and freckles/ no frecles for Mira and Handmaiden) so they have an individual look just like their individual personalities.

Lastly Disciple : It'd be great if you can get rid of that redness around nose area and either give him an Atton-style beard or Mira-style freckles (perhaps not to that extent). And most imporant thing IMO would be to change his blue eyes into the same blue for the rim of/outer the pupil and a lighter blue on the inside (somewhat like original Handmaiden eyes).

Well srry about the long post but you did say you welcome all feedback (especially constuctive critisism). So I posted this here instead of PMing you ideas so that others can see my thoughts aswell and improve on them. Well I have to say Briliant work so far! Cant wait to see how it turns out so take your time and dont rush! :clap2:
 Torthane
09-24-2006, 9:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback Foolproof! Believe me, I love long posts and I plan on including multiple skin choices in the pack so people can pick the ones they like the best. I'm still not quite sure what to do with Desciple and Handmaiden but I'll try your suggestion about the eyes. The main trouble with the disciple is that he has some texture stretching and the way the developers mapped him is a little strange. In other words he's a little hard to work on, but I'll do my best to fix him and the Handmaiden up. Glad you like the skins so far.

Cheers,
 joshua13
09-25-2006, 4:15 PM
Holy cow! All I can say is, I want this. And if what you posted on my thread about the underclothes being one-piecers is all I get out of it, definitely worth the time to download. Very nice work.
 MetalMark
09-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Great mod!

But what are all those red things on their faces?
 goldberry
09-26-2006, 6:08 PM
Put simply... freckles.
 Jolly Boots
09-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback Foolproof! Believe me, I love long posts and I plan on including multiple skin choices in the pack so people can pick the ones they like the best. I'm still not quite sure what to do with Desciple and Handmaiden but I'll try your suggestion about the eyes. The main trouble with the disciple is that he has some texture stretching and the way the developers mapped him is a little strange. In other words he's a little hard to work on, but I'll do my best to fix him and the Handmaiden up. Glad you like the skins so far.

Cheers,
If it were up to me, I'd give Disciple a whole new head. Give him an actual upperlip.
 wasa7
09-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Hello Torthane, great pictures and surely this will b a great mod!
Like what you did with Handmaiden, as it is in the picture above. Atton and Mira look great in the second pic of each other. Disciple, well, I don't use him in the game but he looks ok. Can't wait to see what can you do about Bao-Dur. I never liked his face much, I think is a little fat for his body. I would like him better if he had a skinnier face like Darth Maul. Do not use the same color as Maul's, please! I'm intrigued about Kreia and Visas, I think they look fine. Anyways, keep the good job!
 Torthane
09-27-2006, 7:25 PM
Update: Underwear skins completed for Mira and Visas. Handmaiden will be done soon (she will have multiple skin choices since you have to see her in her undies.) Hopefully no one will find these too offensive (If you do I will include more modest ones in the mod in addition to these shown below).

What's better than a girl in her underwear with a nice gun? :naughty:

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/avzbvjnfpp.jpg)

Except a girl in her underwear with two lightsabers! :nut:

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/pbrstyfnjv.jpg)
 MetalMark
09-28-2006, 9:09 AM
:drop2: I'm really loving the one with Visas. Mira is great to.
 Torthane
09-28-2006, 2:32 PM
Calling all Beta testers.

Update: Everything is working so far and I have begun testing. Thing is I am going to need some beta testers to try out the gameplay enhancements/rebalencing. I'll have more details in a little while. If anyone is interested in testing this mod in the near future you can post here or PM me. Thanks! More pics and info on the way soon. More info about beta testing here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171046)
 MetalMark
09-28-2006, 3:03 PM
PM sended.

Also will these reskins change their portraits?
 Torthane
09-28-2006, 3:23 PM
PM sended.

Also will these reskins change their portraits?

It surely will. Unless I run into problems. I am also going to have new Darkside transitions for them (less zombie like and more like they are evil inside). This mod is also going to have new items and some new sounds and stuff.
 Darth Balor
09-29-2006, 6:11 AM
Nicely done Torthane, the facial hair on atton is really well done makes him seem more like he should. and the mira and handmaiden textures are really good too.

Are you also going to have rextextures of the PC skins or just the npcs?
 Torthane
09-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Nicely done Torthane, the facial hair on atton is really well done makes him seem more like he should. and the mira and handmaiden textures are really good too.

Are you also going to have rextextures of the PC skins or just the npcs?

Good question, by the final release I will have new darkside transitions at least and maybe some minor reskin work too. Plus I am going to throw in a little surprise for everyone (beta testers like yourself will of course get to know before anyone else).
 Nema_Suneimi
09-29-2006, 6:23 PM
1. The more natural-looking skin tone is very appealing.

2. I think the Handmaiden's new face looks great (don't mind the androgynous quality), although I agree that lightened or frosted eyebrows would fit the hair better.

3. Atton's mini goatee is bothering me. I hated the goatees on Dopak and the scarred male PC, as well, though. (Carth) Stubble = very nice.... Mini-goatee or soul-patch = not attractive on my goofy adorable Atton. I admit he should be a little down and out, lost his razor and all that, but I think he would have usually been clean-shaven and a little vain about his pretty-boy looks, IMO.

4. Visas's undersuit is stellar!

5. Oh, and whatever you did to the Disciple is a big improvement (I think his eyes are wonderful). I would like to see him with perhaps a darker shade of hair with some blond highlights around the temples and crown or some-such, and maybe a bit of a shadow under his eyes... His hair is so awful, it makes him look ten years older than Atton even though he's supposed to be younger. I wish we could crop it.
 Torthane
09-29-2006, 11:01 PM
3. Atton's mini goatee is bothering me. I hated the goatees on Dopak and the scarred male PC, as well, though. (Carth) Stubble = very nice.... Mini-goatee or soul-patch = not attractive on my goofy adorable Atton. I admit he should be a little down and out, lost his razor and all that, but I think he would have usually been clean-shaven and a little vain about his pretty-boy looks, IMO.
No fear Nema, I will include multiple skin choices for each npc I reskin (except Visas seeing as her reskin is very minor) And I have a new skin for the Disciple and another one for the Handmaiden. I'll be posting pics soon.
 Torthane
10-02-2006, 9:59 PM
Update: I've got most of the gameplay changes done, just need to test them now. I've still got a few skins to finish, mostly in the area of darkside transitions but I should be pretty close to done once all of the testing is finished. Sorry for the development of this mod going on for so long, but the end is in sight! More updates and pics on the way.
 Torthane
10-05-2006, 1:51 PM
Update: All of the files are ready for beta testing. Should have them ready to go later today. I don't have all of the skins done quite yet but they don't have to be finished for the testers.
 Darth Balor
10-05-2006, 4:12 PM
is it ready?
 Torthane
10-05-2006, 4:58 PM
is it ready?

Not quite yet, I'm having trouble uploading the files.
 Darth Balor
10-05-2006, 5:04 PM
try kotorfiles.com or attach them to a email for the testers
 Torthane
10-06-2006, 1:30 AM
try kotorfiles.com or attach them to a email for the testers

I'm afraid that the files are too large to attach to an email (gmail only lets me attach up to five MBs and the file is more than twenty) Don't worry though, I willl get them up tomorrow, filefront was just acting screwy today.
 Shortynds
10-06-2006, 12:42 PM
I can Beta test if you want and Superb (with capital "S") re-skins. BTW why the topic title "Veridian Echo"?
 Nema_Suneimi
10-06-2006, 4:18 PM
woo-hoo, I'm waiting.... :) I like the idea of having a couple of choices on skins, looking forward to giving it a run!
 Torthane
10-06-2006, 5:14 PM
woo-hoo, I'm waiting.... :) I like the idea of having a couple of choices on skins, looking forward to giving it a run!

Darn it! I forgot to put the extra skins in with the beta files. I'll post them in a separate zip file tomorrow or later today.

For beta testers (including Nema) check your email. I got the files uploaded just a little while ago.
 Nema_Suneimi
10-09-2006, 1:05 AM
Playing through now. I've got a game crash after the cutscenes of getting shot down on Telos (before meeting Bao-Dur). Before that, everything worked smoothly. Nice custom items, not over-powered, and Atton looks good (I guess I could get used to the goatee).

I'm also trying your music mod -- very nice. I removed it after my game crash to see if that was the problem -- wasn't.
Page: 1 of 3