Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Veridian Echo Mod part 1

Page: 3 of 3
 MarkL
11-01-2006, 9:01 PM
Understood. That's a very ambitious plan. More power to you!

Would you then consider making your cosmetic changes (reskins, etc) be separate from your gameplay changes? I have to say I'm much more interested in the former at the moment (since I haven't even gotten all the way through TSL yet), although after mastering the game I may want to do the Torthane version. :)

And to second someone else's question, will this use TSL patcher? Your mod sounds like it is going to touch on about everything (assuming it's one monolithic mod) and I worry about compatibility with some of my other favorites I'm already using.
 Axell
11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Atton looks inbeliveably beautiful! Bao-Dur's face also.
Might i suggest something? Maybe try making Atton's eyebrows more "solid", so they can stand out a little bit more?
Dunno, my 2 cents. :)
 Torthane
11-02-2006, 10:47 AM
I plan on realeasing a 'lite' version which will just include the gameplay changes, the full version that comes with all of the extra skins and stuff, and just the skin pack. All three packs will use the TSL patcher, though the VE mod may not work well with all of the other mods out there. Also becuase of the way KOTOR II loads its files if you start useing the mod halfway through a playthrough you will find yourself being crushed over and over again becuase you will not have the enahnced weapons (they do twice as much damage on average) but most of your enemies will. As soon as I get the last few gameplay changes done I will post an official description here. Once again thank you for your questions!
11-02-2006, 3:45 PM
but will a only-adding-new-items-and-not-tinkering-with-anything-else pack be available?
 Miltiades
11-02-2006, 5:28 PM
If I understand correctly, he plans on releasing 3 versions, two 'lite' versions, one is the skin pack, the other the Gameplay Changes, and then the full version with both.
 Torthane
11-03-2006, 12:29 PM
If I understand correctly, he plans on releasing 3 versions, two 'lite' versions, one is the skin pack, the other the Gameplay Changes, and then the full version with both.

Correct. But I could realese pack with just the new items too if people want.
 Torthane
11-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Update: Got some new screens for you all, but first some general news. I have decided to include a small romance enhancment with the VE mod. This enhancment will be small as stated above but I plan on having full voice work and hopefully some kissing (I know KOTOR 1 had a kiss in it so there should be an animation). I am also working on an extension for the end of the game; I thought the original ending was weak and needed something more. Anyway I wanted to know if you all thought it would be better if I go ahead and release the first part and then go for the romance addon and stuff, or if I should wait to release it until it is all finished. The advantage to waiting is that you will only have to do one playthrough instead of two, but it could take a little while (by that I mean probably two or three months). I would love to hear what you think!

Here are the pics as promised:

The new hi-res Atton skin (I will also have a gotee one too):
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/dpvxvwfpnr.jpg)

And to get you all excited, a certain someone else:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/uoftxqyvuv.jpg)
 Addlcove
11-06-2006, 1:48 PM
you should make Kreias eyes either all black or all white, anything else will look like enhanced pupils (sp?) and not like blindness
 Torthane
11-06-2006, 1:58 PM
you should make Kreias eyes either all black or all white, anything else will look like enhanced pupils (sp?) and not like blindness

Yeah, I was going for all black, but I need to go a little further.
 Gam3rSW
11-11-2006, 10:30 AM
I think it would be better if you released the new skins and gameplay changes first, then the romance stuff can come later as an add-on. That would be better IMO.
 Torthane
11-11-2006, 2:30 PM
I think it would be better if you released the new skins and gameplay changes first, then the romance stuff can come later as an add-on. That would be better IMO.

Yeah, I think that would be better too. It should be ready pretty soon in that case.
 Torthane
11-19-2006, 4:07 PM
Update: I am getting really close to finishing this mod. It should be done before Christmas. Anyway here are some more screenshots for you all. Tell me what you think.

Handmaiden and Visas:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/qessimwyds.jpg)

Handmaiden's underclothes:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/mqyerwlqbb.jpg)

And Kriea's new robes:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/phfvjszubl.jpg)
 Master Zionosis
11-19-2006, 4:15 PM
This is some superb work torthane, my eyes must be blind i've only just found out about this project, really amazing work. Cant wait for the finished mod, keep up the good work.
 wasa7
11-19-2006, 6:09 PM
Really nice work indeed! Right now I'm playing through Kotor and when I finish I'll go again with Kotor II, I will certainly have this mod in my Override. Could you add more pictures of Kreia?

Are you planning on changing some in game environments? What about changing the Harbinger? I think the Harbinger should be a little darker in the inside, so I would feel more like a ghost ship, like the place where Kreia meets Darth Sion. It's just an idea.

In any case, keep the good work, I can't wait to this mod to be released!
 Eiganjo
11-19-2006, 7:26 PM
That screenshot with Visas in it: Is that going to be her standart-clothing or an armor?
 Nema_Suneimi
11-19-2006, 9:45 PM
Awesome on the latest screenshots. Loving Visas's robes and finally Handmaiden has some decent undies. Also glad to lose Kreia's pukey old robe colors! =)
 Torthane
11-19-2006, 11:16 PM
That screenshot with Visas in it: Is that going to be her standart-clothing or an armor?

In the screen shot those are Bloodborn robes which are only wearable by Visas. She will also have her normal clothing look (improved a little) and some stealth oriented robes.
 FunSolo
11-20-2006, 12:50 AM
seems its the first time i saw this thread, so i just took a look at those screens and read the comments afterwards; really good work tho. i like the reskins pretty much, specially attons face, what u did to baodurs skin so far, and mira (damn she looks a bit bitchy now but definitly hot, keep it, me likey yay :D). nemas reskin of the disciple is well done as well, since im always trying to get this game looking more "smooth". any updates bout the estimated release date? cant wait, cant wait, cant wait ;) :D
 Torthane
11-21-2006, 11:41 AM
I should be done before christmas. I'm mostly doing testing right now (make sure there are no bugs and to make sure iot works with the high level force powers mod and stuff) anyway, I hope it will be worth the wait for everyone.
 wasa7
11-21-2006, 8:09 PM
Don't worry Torthane, it is worth it! We have all criticize many game developpers for releasing a game with bugs, so you take your time and see that everything is ok. We all apreciate the effort and the time you're investing in this mod.
 Torthane
11-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Don't worry Torthane, it is worth it! We have all criticize many game developpers for releasing a game with bugs, so you take your time and see that everything is ok. We all apreciate the effort and the time you're investing in this mod.

Glad to hear it! Hopefully it will be bug free by the time I release it.
 Ambrose
12-01-2006, 8:44 PM
This looks... amazing. It will have a permanent spot in my override folder when it's finished :drop2:
 etheberge
12-02-2006, 7:51 PM
I am looking forward to this as well, especially the skins.
 Torthane
12-03-2006, 8:48 PM
I'm glad to see a few new people intruduced to the mod and I'm glad you like what you see so far. I am still testing it/adding new skins and items but it is all working pretty well. I will probably post some more screenshots soon. Thanks for continuing to show interest averyone!
 etheberge
12-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the update.

I've been a lurker here for a long time but I figured it would be appropriate to start showing a bit of appreciation for you and all the talented modders. All you guys make it a fun to play an almost two year old game over and over thanks to all the new content.

Between the Restoration Project and all the modders from Holowan, this has got to be the best modding community out there.

Keep it up.
 Wrathan
12-14-2006, 3:07 AM
maybe I missed it, but is this available for DL, and where?
 Torthane
12-14-2006, 12:33 PM
maybe I missed it, but is this available for DL, and where?

It's not available for download yet, but it will be in a week or two. I hope.

PS: welcome to LucasForums!
 Arбtoeldar
12-14-2006, 2:49 PM
Every thing looks great Torthane. Two quick questions.

1) How are you handling darkside transistions? With just the eyes or with the skin too?

2) What is on the leg of the handmaiden in the underwear screenshot?
 Torthane
12-14-2006, 6:44 PM
Every thing looks great Torthane. Two quick questions.

1) How are you handling darkside transistions? With just the eyes or with the skin too?

2) What is on the leg of the handmaiden in the underwear screenshot?

Darkside transitions will involve both the skin and the eyes but will be designed to look more evil/goth and less zombie. The things on the Handmaiden's legs are thigh pads (I can't do any modeling so I had to make do with reskining). I should have more screenshots up pretty soon and as stated above I hope to release it in a week or two.
 Torthane
12-19-2006, 2:08 PM
Update: I know it has been said many times but I am just about ready to release this mod. I only have a few more darkside transitions to make and then I have to upload it. Anyhow, here are a few images to show you the veridian armor and some darkside transitions. I also have a new clothing texture for the Handmaiden.

Handmaiden clothing:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/kzsgbetaxk.jpg)

Veridan armor (only useable by Echo and Mira):
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/bobgbmhpnh.jpg)

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/ortkqvvoei.jpg)

Visas Darkside:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/nevvittcja.jpg)

Atton Darkside:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/rglmkfjukb.jpg)

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/enxadxybcr.jpg)

I still hope to release this by Christmas, so keep your eyes open.
 Miltiades
12-20-2006, 9:05 AM
Nice work, Torthane! And wow, Atton looks very scary on that last picture. Really look forward to this one.
 MetalMark
12-20-2006, 12:49 PM
I love the darkside Visas, the goth look looks real good on her.
 Darth Trylan
12-20-2006, 1:06 PM
great work torthane
 Torthane
12-21-2006, 1:32 PM
Thanks guys! The other darkside skins will look similar to these (they will look different of course, but will be in the same style eg; females will look sort of gothic and the males will get creepy eyes or whatever) Anyway I wanted to know if you thought that they looked too evil or over the top. I personally think they look about right, but I would love to hear what you all thought! I should be realeasing this on Christmas eve or the day before.
 Jolly Boots
12-21-2006, 5:57 PM
The whole black eyes doesn't seem to work in a Star Wars game where when someone goes bad, their eyes turn yellow and orange.
 Torthane
12-21-2006, 9:24 PM
The whole black eyes doesn't seem to work in a Star Wars game where when someone goes bad, their eyes turn yellow and orange.

Very true, but the perpose of this mod is not to be 100% cannon (true to Star Wars). If anyone doesn't like a given reskin, they can delete it from the override folder. I was trying to make something different and as such some people are not going to like it as much as the original skins.
 Quark052
01-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Any more word on this mod? I'm really looking forward to this one.
 Master Zionosis
01-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah im also really looking forward to this as well, 1 of the great mods i have been waiting for!! :)
 Torthane
01-10-2007, 5:47 PM
Actually yes! I had a bad chras on my computer and I couldn't use my painting programs for a while so I think I am just going to relese it where it is now and then release a patch when I get everything working again. I had almost forgotten about it! It will have some bugs, but I just need to get it out. I'll post agin when it is uploaded.
 Master Zionosis
01-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Okay brill, cant wait! :)
 Torthane
01-11-2007, 10:46 PM
 Master Zionosis
01-12-2007, 7:15 AM
This is brill Torthane, you are a true star shining so brightly! :)

The mods release thread is for feedback, your comments are better posted there. ;) -RH
 BoredAdminMonky
01-12-2007, 1:27 PM
About damned time :-p

Good work mate! Going to get this now and start another play through of TSL :)

(Any begging / skin requests are coming your way from this point in!)
 Torthane
01-12-2007, 5:41 PM
About damned time :-p

Good work mate! Going to get this now and start another play through of TSL :)

(Any begging / skin requests are coming your way from this point in!)

Yeah, it is about damned time! I got so entirely sietracked during the holidays. Not that that is an excuse, more of an apology.

As for skinning requests; bring them on!
Page: 3 of 3