Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Veridian Echo Mod part 1

Page: 2 of 3
 Addlcove
10-09-2006, 8:41 AM
playing through it as well, will mail you complete review when done (and a list of the mods that fixes stuff I can't do without, none has files colliding with your mod though)
 Torthane
10-09-2006, 1:11 PM
Playing through now. I've got a game crash after the cutscenes of getting shot down on Telos (before meeting Bao-Dur). Before that, everything worked smoothly. Nice custom items, not over-powered, and Atton looks good (I guess I could get used to the goatee).

I'm also trying your music mod -- very nice. I removed it after my game crash to see if that was the problem -- wasn't.

Now that is strange. I haven't done anything to Bao-Dur yet. Thanks for reporting it Nema, I'll look into it. I'll email you a link to the other Atton skins today if I can. Thank you for doing this.

And to respond to the question "why the name Veridian Echo?" Well, becuase this mod will include a new party character who goes by the name of Echo.
 MetalMark
10-09-2006, 2:21 PM
Havent been online for some time. Tomorrow I will start with testing everything.
 Addlcove
10-09-2006, 3:05 PM
getting same problem as Nema, game crash after cutscenes of shutdown, basicly when it's supposed to start loading the telos planet. does not even get to the loadscene.
 goldberry
10-09-2006, 3:31 PM
Okay, I'm just about to visit the masters on Dantooine, and my comments from my PM haven't changed.

Just to keep you posted.

P.S. Still, atton has that really annoying line down his forehead. Is anyone else getting this?
 Torthane
10-09-2006, 9:00 PM
Okay, I'm just about to visit the masters on Dantooine, and my comments from my PM haven't changed.

Just to keep you posted.

P.S. Still, atton has that really annoying line down his forehead. Is anyone else getting this?

Thank you! And Atton has that weird line on my comp now too, it's annoying but I think I can fix it. Speaking of fixing things, I'm pretty sure I know what's causing the game to crash when going to Telos surface (it crashed for me too) so I will try and fix it.
 Addlcove
10-10-2006, 4:19 AM
trying playthrough with non canon char (male DS) want to see if that will cause a crash as well (first play was female LS)

although the gender and force alignment really shouldnt effect the crashing, but how did goldberry get past it?
 Darth Balor
10-10-2006, 5:46 AM
ok since you didnt send me an email i'll have to fine the alternate files on my own. so far so good i havent got onto the surface trying to complet subquests.
I like the goatee maybe you could change a little on kreia as well.

i need someone to send me the manual.pdf from the docs folder of swkotor 2 so i can re-update.

Atoon loses his beard when you go to the darkside
 MetalMark
10-10-2006, 10:51 AM
I can't download it. I click the link in the email than I go to filefront I press the download buton. It says that it is contacting the server and than I get an error message.
 Torthane
10-10-2006, 11:33 AM
ok since you didnt send me an email i'll have to fine the alternate files on my own. so far so good i havent got onto the surface trying to complet subquests.
I like the goatee maybe you could change a little on kreia as well.

i need someone to send me the manual.pdf from the docs folder of swkotor 2 so i can re-update.

Atoon loses his beard when you go to the darkside

Yup, I haven't done darkside transitions yet, but I am nearly done with them. I'm still trying to figure out what is making the game chrash just before Telos surface. No luck yet, but I'll keep you posted. As for the download not working for MetalMark I really can't help you.
 Addlcove
10-10-2006, 12:43 PM
well torthane, what is different between our games and goldberries? if he's been talking to jedimasters on dantooine he got past telos, so there most be something different
 MetalMark
10-10-2006, 1:54 PM
It's downloading the files at the moment, I will test it as fast as possible.
 Darth Maleval
10-10-2006, 1:59 PM
id like to beta test aswell
 Addlcove
10-10-2006, 3:41 PM
crashed on DS playthrough as well, harddisk sounds like its searching for something when the game does crash, maybe there is an error with the Baodur skin links for the module? (dont know if that makes sense)
 goldberry
10-10-2006, 5:34 PM
People are talking about thier games crashing on Telos. I spent a few hours getting to that point on (yet) another new file earlier, and I experience no such crashes.

What file is it that sucks? (That is a joke, btw)
 Torthane
10-10-2006, 5:59 PM
People are talking about thier games crashing on Telos. I spent a few hours getting to that point on (yet) another new file earlier, and I experience no such crashes.

What file is it that sucks? (That is a joke, btw)

Is your game patched?
 goldberry
10-10-2006, 6:15 PM
yes.
 Addlcove
10-10-2006, 6:19 PM
not on telos, but when telos module is supposed to be loaded.

Torthane and Nema did you have the "escaped criminals" fix installed?

that is the only mod I can think of that will affect telos.

will try a playthrough tomorrow without that installed, see if it makes a difference
 goldberry
10-10-2006, 6:22 PM
I'm about to start the ravager, and now im going to bed. No comments as to bugs/glitches as none have been found (although that in itself is a comment :P ). I was suprised when I started down the darkside path and the characters reverted, but it's clear that no DS transitions have been done so no probs.

I stand by my comment that the weapons are a bit overpowered (then again, I play stealth).
 Nema_Suneimi
10-10-2006, 7:04 PM
Got the fix -- thanks Torthane, Telos is running now. And I like the scruffy Atton skin, perfect!
 Torthane
10-10-2006, 9:23 PM
Fixed! I got the problem fixed! Beta testers, check your PM inboxes.
 MetalMark
10-12-2006, 10:55 AM
With the fixed version I have just dealt with the exchange om Telos for the ithorians (I am LS) so Iґm almost gonna see if to doesnґt crash anymore
 Torthane
10-12-2006, 12:07 PM
With the fixed version I have just dealt with the exchange om Telos for the ithorians (I am LS) so Iґm almost gonna see if to doesnґt crash anymore

It worked fine for me.

Update: Got some new skins finished for HK-47, Bao-Dur, and Kreia. I also tweaked the difficulty, and it's very challenging on hard (not impossible, but very hard) the fights on normal can be prety exciting too. I'll be posting more screenshots soon.
 Addlcove
10-12-2006, 6:07 PM
I got my arse whooped as a sith lord by the first jedi master I encountered, special items or not :)
 Torthane
10-12-2006, 7:19 PM
I got my arse whooped as a sith lord by the first jedi master I encountered, special items or not :)

Was that on hard or easy?
 Addlcove
10-13-2006, 7:57 AM
normal.

mind, my sith lords are specced for damage not defense

but vrook took me down in 3 hits max if I didnt use energyshields
 Jorad Khor
10-13-2006, 7:57 AM
I love your skins. I always thought the original graphics to be very lame. I hope they get finished soon :)
 Torthane
10-13-2006, 1:38 PM
normal.

mind, my sith lords are specced for damage not defense

but vrook took me down in 3 hits max if I didnt use energyshields

Ouch!

Update: My graphics card crashed so I was forced to switch to my crappy onboard so I haven't been able to test it much at all, but I am working on Echo's voice and lines so at least progress hasn't come to a halt. Once again a big thanks to all of the beta testers who are helping me out!
 Nema_Suneimi
10-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Still doing well on the mod testing, no other probs.

I'm not too fond of the Disciple's scruff that ended up in the Beta package. I played around with a skin, myself -- I think if he's going to have facial hair, that it should be along a regular well-kempt beard, like a professor or somesuch, with the blondish highlights, and I personally think his eyes are too blue, the irises look huge. Anyway, something like this (I went light on the beard, painting hair takes a while... and deeper blue eyes with darker rims):

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h131/rihaku/KotOR%20screens/mical_beard.jpg)
 goldberry
10-15-2006, 6:25 AM
Woah, that's a great improvement on the disciple.
 MetalMark
10-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Everything still goes fine for me. Going to my second planet (done peragus, telos and dantooine).
 Darkguardian098
10-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Wow! Just took a look at this thread and man this looks awesome! One thing I might suggest on Mira's underwear is to make it a two piece because her clothes expose the mid-riff so the underwear should to, unless she's not supposed to be wearing anything under her clothes...

But all in all, this looks incredible!
 Torthane
10-15-2006, 1:11 PM
Still doing well on the mod testing, no other probs.

I'm not too fond of the Disciple's scruff that ended up in the Beta package. I played around with a skin, myself -- I think if he's going to have facial hair, that it should be along a regular well-kempt beard, like a professor or somesuch, with the blondish highlights, and I personally think his eyes are too blue, the irises look huge. Anyway, something like this (I went light on the beard, painting hair takes a while... and deeper blue eyes with darker rims):

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h131/rihaku/KotOR%20screens/mical_beard.jpg)

I really like that skin Nema! With your permission could I put it in the mod as another choice? and to respond to darkguardian098 I am working on a bare mid-riff on the Mira underclothes skin. Still haven't gotten my GPU back up so progress has been slow.
 Nema_Suneimi
10-15-2006, 9:01 PM
heh heh, I'd be pretty honored to have that Disciple in the VE package! First time I tried to do something other than a bit of color brightening. :)

--

I noticed something with Mira's new shirt -- the tail of the knot that was on her original green shirt pokes through the new texture. I don't do modelling (yet) so I don't know if that can be removed or even if it's a big deal?
 Torthane
10-15-2006, 11:42 PM
heh heh, I'd be pretty honored to have that Disciple in the VE package! First time I tried to do something other than a bit of color brightening. :)

--

I noticed something with Mira's new shirt -- the tail of the knot that was on her original green shirt pokes through the new texture. I don't do modelling (yet) so I don't know if that can be removed or even if it's a big deal?

The Mira thing is odd becuase it doesn't do that on mine. I'd look into it, but my video card is still down.
 Torthane
10-20-2006, 9:02 PM
Update: My video card is still down, and it looks like I am going to have to order a new one. Anyway, I've got some good work done on the Echo scripts and I've got a few more reskins done too so work has not halted. The mod should be pretty near completion once I get another video card.
 Torthane
10-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Update: It's not dead! The mod is still going and now that I have a new video card in my computer I have gotten back to work. I've got three new skins to show you all.

First, two bad boys decked out in their custom equipment:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/fpovjwzuxg.jpg)

Second, my new Bao-Dur skin (work in progress)
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/bzbrninsnt.jpg)

And last but not least, Mira in her new underwear (work in progress)
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/oizpjsjhrw.jpg)

I'm still working on rebalancing difficulty and stuff but there should be more updates soon along with some more skins. As always comments or suggestions are most welcome. Thanks!
 xmovingpicturesx
10-30-2006, 1:15 PM
MY GOD! Atton looks nice. Although, I'm not seeing much of a change in Bao-Dur besides the skin.
 Torthane
10-30-2006, 1:40 PM
MY GOD! Atton looks nice. Although, I'm not seeing much of a change in Bao-Dur besides the skin.

Thank you! I really like the Atton skin too (I should, I made it and all) it makes him look tougher, more like someone who could hold his own. As stated the Bao-Dur skin is a work in progress, so I hope to add a little more to it soon. Thanks for commenting!
 goldberry
10-30-2006, 3:05 PM
good to see it's not dead. I finished the game on the Beta btw, it worked glitch free (except the line down atton's forehead*).

*I love bringing that up, and am aware that it is work in progress :D
 Torthane
10-30-2006, 3:07 PM
good to see it's not dead. I finished the game on the Beta btw, it worked glitch free (except the line down atton's forehead*).

*I love bringing that up, and am aware that it is work in progress :D

Damn that line! I can't seem to get rid of it! But rest assured that I am trying my best.
 foolproof
10-30-2006, 9:22 PM

QFE.

Amazing work man! Keep at it. I think the Bao-Dur looks unbelievable. The shading you added on his face looks really great! You could do some work on his suit if you really wanted to but its still awesome. Atton is perfect (save for that line down his forehead - dunno what the issue might be but i do know that ive gotten that same problem in K1 with Carth and Canderous with heavily modded game of course).

Anyway congrads on a job well done! Take your time with it - its going to be worth the wait.
 Torthane
10-31-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm glad you are willing to wait foolproof becuase it will still be a little while before it's all done. I just keep adding more things I want; right now I am working on some new Hi-res textures for some of the npc and terrain textures. I'll try to post more images soon. Thank you all for showing such interest! Your encoragement is helping keep this mod alive!
 MarkL
10-31-2006, 5:57 PM
I think Atton needs a scar or two. I mean, scoundrels have rough lives, no?
 Torthane
10-31-2006, 6:36 PM
I think Atton needs a scar or two. I mean, scoundrels have rough lives, no?

That they do, but I can't put a scare on one side of his face without it being mirored on the other. The reason is that Obsidian only made a texture for one half of his face and the just mirored it for the other side. I hope to eventually find a way around this problem but it won't make it into this mod I'm afraid.
 Nema_Suneimi
11-01-2006, 4:40 AM
Woo-hoo, I think the Bao skin is awesome, too, and nice touches on his base clothing -- I always thought he looked better in that than in any of the other stuff available in the game.

Been distracted from KotOR lately by several NWN community modules I downloaded... But I'm still checking in on VE updates here!
 Darth Trylan
11-01-2006, 1:50 PM
I would like to beta test if you are still needing some. i have a good sound,video,graphic card so i can test it to its limits..
 MarkL
11-01-2006, 1:58 PM
I'm still working on rebalancing difficulty and stuff but there should be more updates soon along with some more skins. As always comments or suggestions are most welcome. Thanks!

Super work so far!

I'm wondering, though: there are already a couple of difficulty mods (the Hardcore mod, Achilles' rebalancing mod, an AI mod or two) so, while I'm not presuming to tell you what you should be doing with your time and talents, are you sure your mod needs a rebalancing element too, that isn't already served by these others?

Again, please don't take this as a critique or criticism. Your work here is outstanding.
 Torthane
11-01-2006, 6:53 PM
Super work so far!

I'm wondering, though: there are already a couple of difficulty mods (the Hardcore mod, Achilles' rebalancing mod, an AI mod or two) so, while I'm not presuming to tell you what you should be doing with your time and talents, are you sure your mod needs a rebalancing element too, that isn't already served by these others?

Again, please don't take this as a critique or criticism. Your work here is outstanding.

Don't worry, I'm not offended very easily, and yes I am fully aware of the rebalance/difficulty mods out there (I drew quite a lot of inspiration from them) but I am revamping everything from, weapon dameges and enemy stats to how quickly you level up. So it's not just a rebalance mod with some skins thrown in. Once it is finished it will play differently from the origanal game, not just be more challenging. I also aim for this mod too be very flexible and user configurable with multiople choices of gamplay style (for instance one choice will be to play with upgraded force powers that drain much more force per use but are very powerful ie: lightening killing someone in two hits but draining most of your force points). Thanks for the question and I hope my answer was satisfactory.
11-01-2006, 7:10 PM
will this use TSL Patcher? And will the items (sniper rifle, spiked gloves, etc.) be available separately?
Page: 2 of 3