Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Page: 3 of 23
 jawathehutt
08-04-2006, 3:08 PM
I think another good system in space that would be in the ship only would be a power generator. There would be multiple of these and when 1 is destroyed, the power in that area of the ship(ie the lights and auto turrets) would go off and little red emergency lights would come and and spin around.
Another idea that goes along with the destroyable cap ships is life boats, I mean imagine being one the last of your team on your ship and its about to blow and there are 20 enemy. You could seal them in a room, jump in life boat, jetson all of the other life boats like Grevious did and watch the ship go crashing to the planet with them on it. You would then crash on the planet if not picked up by another ship and would beable to get out and fight on land. Also, there would be a new CP and a terrain change because the Crashed capital ship would have created a small ravine and you could enter through docking bays and holes from the battle. In there, you would enter a room and find the corpses of 20 enemys smashed against walls
 gamacrab
08-04-2006, 6:27 PM
that would be sweet but if we were stuck in the control room we shud be able to aim wear the ship crashes. like if thear is a hole bunch of defenders all grouped up in one spot. it would be fun to make the ship chrash right on top of them, so they would all die. :smash: :smash:
 MachineCult
08-04-2006, 6:53 PM
I like that idea, like if your Cap. ship is going down, you could steer it towards another Cap. ship for one last strike, evacuate all personel, set the course to another ship and then get out in a fighter yourself.
 Coraan Talme
08-04-2006, 7:44 PM
To GamaCrab. Yes ... orbit-to-planet battles would certainly be a VERY interesting -in fact, spectacular affair. However let's not get too unrealistic :) Connecting a full-fledged space battle with one on a planet map alone would be a huge technical step ... and it's unlikely that it would be a seamless transition - rather something like this: a shuttle flies close to a planet, followed perhaps by an automated shuttle-flies-into-orbit sequence ... and plopp, the shuttle appears on the ground map. Manually crash landing capital ships is rather something for Battlefront 5 - Return of the Empire. ;)

Ramming maneuvers however are quite another matter - and I agree, being able to plot the course for capital ships would be a really nice and not too unreasonable feature for the next Battlefront.
 Relenzo2
08-04-2006, 7:57 PM
Indeed, a good idea , and you would probly be able to do that to- that would do some damage when your going out. I still dont know about connecting battles, I've thought about different directions the game concept could go, I decided that that was a whole different game my friend. I'll call it "Galactic factions". First, however, I must get into the video game industry... and I have the perfect idea how... :smash: :smash:
 Unit 351
08-08-2006, 3:32 PM
Believe it or not battlefront III is highly possible (I have my sources) it is highly probable that it could come out fall 2008. In fact I'm pretty sure that Raven, Pandemic, and LA are in the process of signing contracts for the production of this game. Again I have reasonably credible sources so I have about a 75% chance of being right.
 gamacrab
08-08-2006, 7:12 PM
i think they need to make a mercenaries style battlefront
this way you can call in different air strikes
and you can be able to steal any speeder you want
even if it was coltroled by the other team
also to bee able to pick up weapons from fallen troopers
and having vehicles air lifted right to you
would be sweet
 gamacrab
08-08-2006, 7:21 PM
go to the address bellow to sign a petition to have star wars battlefront 3 made
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/petitionspot.competitionsstarwarsbattlefront3)
 MachineCult
08-08-2006, 7:57 PM
go to the address bellow to sign a petition to have star wars battlefront 3 made
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/petitionspot.competitionsstarwarsbattlefront3)
No.

1, it's already been unofficially mentioned in E3 that SWBF3 will be made.
2, it's ridiculous to think that a company will spend millions of dollars to produce a video game when they had no intention of doing so, just because they see an online petition.
 Darth Andrew
08-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Online petitions never work anyway.
 Unit 351
08-09-2006, 9:03 AM
I was on a forum yesterday and a developer from Raven happened to be there. He had all the right credentials so you should believe him. They are in the process of creating Battlefront III, just keep this to yourselves okay. I don't want to be sued.
 lordzack
08-09-2006, 1:32 PM
How can we keep it to ourselves? This is a public foruim!
 Unit 351
08-09-2006, 1:33 PM
I mean don't do what I did and go over to hundreds of people and tell them all this information
 GlobalStrike
08-16-2006, 2:24 AM
I like vader815 and machinecult's ideas. Most of my ideas right now are for Galactic Conquest. I forget if you can play GC online, but if not, then they need to make it so you can. Also, it needs to be more objective-based than just capture all control points, or kill all enemy troops. It needs more stategy.
For example, GC online should be more like mechassualt 2 Galactic Conquest in the fact that players should be able to drop in and out of massive, literal galactic battles, not just one battle at a time. It should be a constant, war waging on and above multiple planets all at once. As for being more objective-based, planets should have actual "hotspots", or buildings that need to be destroyed, such as the droid factories on geonosis, or the cloning tanks on kamino. Here's the idea, on each map with these "hotspots", there will be so many of the certain objectives that the attacking team will have to destroy, and of course, the defenders defend. So, say there are six droid factories on geonosis, and the republic attacks and destroys three of them. This would cut the progress of separtist army creation in at least one part of the galaxy. This brings me to another idea, a galactic troop creation process, where any world under your command can create more troops for you side, provided it has the ability to do so, like kamino. This way, you can have a more strategic war, instead of like swbf2, where you just bought a certain class, and got so many men per battle. You can send the new reinforcments to say, mygeeto where your troops there are being overwhelmed right now. I think this ties in with the idea of destuctible troop centers, like droid factories, or cloning tanks, to create a more tactical gameplay. Sorry if someone else has said something like this. What do you think? :jawa :jawa
 GlobalStrike
08-16-2006, 2:33 AM
i think they need to make a mercenaries style battlefront
this way you can call in different air strikes
and you can be able to steal any speeder you want
even if it was coltroled by the other team
also to bee able to pick up weapons from fallen troopers
and having vehicles air lifted right to you
would be sweet

I sort of like the airlift thing, because i'd like to see them implement the republic carrier gunship variant that hauled the AT-TE's into the battle of geonosis. But the rest i'm not so sure about. One more thing, you can steal speeders contolled by the other team. In fact, you steal almost any vehicle from the other team. There are only two type that you can't steal, command walkers, ( Republic AT-TE and Imperial AT-AT ) and transport craft in space. :jawa :jawa
 jawathehutt
08-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I was on a forum yesterday and a developer from Raven happened to be there. He had all the right credentials so you should believe him. They are in the process of creating Battlefront III, just keep this to yourselves okay. I don't want to be sued.
this sounds kinda untrustworthy especialy since I talk to the co founder of Raven quite a bit because my best friend is his son
And I know the game at least some of them are working on isnt BF3
 MachineCult
08-16-2006, 12:37 PM
...just keep this to yourselves okay. I don't want to be sued.
LMAO! How could you possibly get sued? You're a kid spreading gossip about SWBFIII. Do you have a link to this forum?
 Commander Obi-Wan
08-16-2006, 3:46 PM
Well, if they are letting you know about this on that forum, then it looks like they don't really care if people let this information go. And your free do spread gossip that is appriopriate. So, don't worry. You won't be sued. lol.
 jawathehutt
08-16-2006, 8:15 PM
might I ask how you have credentials on a forum, cause like I can just say I created EA pretty easly, heres a ID thing I made on paint
 Davinq
08-16-2006, 9:30 PM
I want to FLY THE FALCON OR THE SLAVE

have more AI

More Jedi moves

And have a mini campaign where you play exclusively as a Jedi, JK style :D
 Relenzo2
08-18-2006, 7:53 AM
I like the airlift idea. That way vehicles could get around large battlefields more effectively without needing any random tank carrier vehicles to be invented out of nowhere like I thought of earlier:) And I like your idea of more millitary targets. I tinkered with that idea too. It wouldn't even have to be limited to GC. Assault wouldn't have to be limited to space and Jedi clash.

EDIT: ooh. 4 pages.
 jawathehutt
08-18-2006, 5:31 PM
I think it would be pretty cool if they powered up the LAATs 2 side turrets but made it so that the gunners could be shot out. I also think that all of the transports but the LAAT should have to open like a door to get out but the LAAT would have the option of leaving the side doors open for a fast jump out. I think that transports should carry at least like 4 passengers and you should be able to open up the door and jump out anywhere.
Another Idea for transports is supplys. The troops inside of them could jump out with extra ammo and bacta canisters and then carry them places bout could only use theyre pistol while carrying. This would be especialy usefull in huge battles where you are fighting in a large field or something like that and there are no bots
 MachineCult
08-18-2006, 6:39 PM
^^^ Nice Idea with the LAAT's, even better the gunship could hover and the Troopers inside could rappel down to the battlefield like on Republic Commando.
 Relenzo2
08-18-2006, 8:57 PM
Rappeling... i've always wanted to go rappeling. If LAAT's are not in the plantetary batteles without mods in III, i will scream
 generalvaklu321
08-18-2006, 11:46 PM
For III, just have larger everything. More unit types, more units on a battlefield, more planets, more vehicles, and everything else i forgot to mention.
They should have MUCH MORE units on the battlefield. The battles have to be larger and longer. The longer a battle is, you wont play as much battles in a short time, thus adding to the replay value of the game. On Battlefront I, I breezed through Galactic Conquest in an hour and a half on the hardest level. If I got what I want, the battles will last, at the shortest, 30 minutes. I dont have a short attention span though, I dont think that would be the best for everyone.
 generalvaklu321
08-19-2006, 2:24 PM
Oh yeah, is there a thread to discuss the idea of a KOTOR Battlefront? I want to make sure before I start one, but wouldn't that kick ass? Have the Jedi CIvil War and Mandolorian Wars... nevermind me for now
 jawathehutt
08-19-2006, 4:21 PM
I agree with you on bigger and longer battles but to apoint, I dont want a map to take more tahn 30 minutes but it should be longer than some taht are under 3 minutes
 MachineCult
08-19-2006, 6:06 PM
Oh yeah, is there a thread to discuss the idea of a KOTOR Battlefront? I want to make sure before I start one, but wouldn't that kick ass? Have the Jedi CIvil War and Mandolorian Wars... nevermind me for now
Also, everyone see this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169364) for generalvaklu321's idea for combining KOTOR with Republic Commando as well.
I guess a Jedi Civil war or Mandalorian wars era for SWBFIII would be cool, but it's not going to happen.
 Pho3nix
08-19-2006, 6:51 PM
I think it's pointless to discuss the possibility of a third Star Wars Battlefront.
They haven't even fixed the first one.
 jawathehutt
08-19-2006, 8:02 PM
hey, dont squash our dreaming
 generalvaklu321
08-20-2006, 10:01 PM
I guess a Jedi Civil war or Mandalorian wars era for SWBFIII would be cool, but it's not going to happen.

yeah, but a man can dream... but it's not me, because that would be weird
 PoiuyWired
08-21-2006, 12:33 PM
My guess is that some post clone wars (aka dark times) type of map would be added, along with the adult series of Star Wars, if there is ever going to be a BF3
 jawathehutt
08-22-2006, 7:41 PM
I say if they refuse to make a BF3, we just steal the engine and get all the modders on two teams and they both work on it and then we take whats good from the 2 teams stuff and combine it and boom, we have BF3 with stuff we actualy asked for
 MachineCult
08-22-2006, 7:48 PM
They should throw in the towel with the Battlefield style gaming and try SWBF3 as Call of Duty style gameplay, that would be awesome.
 jawathehutt
08-23-2006, 12:39 PM
I think maybe a combo of taht, with CPs but they cant be captured and gameplay would be slower and such. I think CoD UO would be the best to base it off of, CoD2 was just Halo in WW2
 MachineCult
08-23-2006, 2:40 PM
CoD2 was just Halo in WW2
Except CoD2 is good.
 Halo_92
08-23-2006, 4:38 PM
Yes, and I think that melee should be allowed.
and some stealth moves would be awesome.
 Davinq
08-23-2006, 5:43 PM
Yes, and I think that melee should be allowed.
and some stealth moves would be awesome.
We already have Bothans.

Hey, I know! How about an espionage game mode?
 Halo_92
08-23-2006, 6:44 PM
i ment like slitting throats and stuff like that.
 MachineCult
08-23-2006, 7:11 PM
With what exactly, halo92?
 Halo_92
08-23-2006, 7:31 PM
clones have to have a knife or viroblade or somthing
or choking human enemies with you rifle.
 generalvaklu321
08-24-2006, 3:49 PM
I dont want to mix too many kinds of engines for BF3. stealth would be cool, but not to elaborate, I dont want Splinter Cell: Star Wars. Here's a crazy idea, have an orb the units can go in, and roll around the battlefied, mix super monkey ball with battlefront :p

@ jawathehutt, halo and co2 are good, so mixing it with battlefront wouldn't be a disaster, but your right, co2 was ww2 halo.
 Halo_92
08-24-2006, 4:22 PM
yeah it kinda is i'm saving up for cod 3
 PoiuyWired
08-24-2006, 5:33 PM
Well Melee is a must, since with the FORCED elite weapon system you will be out of ammo pretty fast if you play a nerfed class like the sniper. And without a melee weapon you are a sitting duck. I don't mean you need something powerful(unless you make a melee class special trooper), a vibro-shiv for the clones and some vibroblade is ll you need. At least you can try to take down guys unnoticed from the back with a few stripes.
 MachineCult
08-24-2006, 5:49 PM
I think some sort of Halo/Killzone style, one hit kill, rifle-stock clobber would suit the game fine. A blade is a bit much, none of the soldiers canonically carry vibroblades in the battlefield, anyway.
 jawathehutt
08-24-2006, 6:31 PM
yeah it kinda is i'm saving up for cod 3
I gave up on call of duty games when they announced that CoD 3 is for consoles only

but back on topic, I think like something like a bf1942 knife would be fine thats doesnt have much range and kills in 1 slash when the enemy has theyre back to you
 MachineCult
08-24-2006, 6:37 PM
I gave up on call of duty games when they announced that CoD 3 is for consoles only
I thought that at first but CoD2 is just so f**king great i'm getting CoD3 on the PS2.

but back on topic, I think like something like a bf1942 knife would be fine thats doesnt have much range and kills in 1 slash when the enemy has theyre back to you
I think some sort of Halo/Killzone style, one hit kill, rifle-stock clobber would suit the game fine. A blade is a bit much, none of the soldiers canonically carry vibroblades in the battlefield, anyway.
 Halo_92
08-26-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm getting CoD3 on the PS2.

Dang Right! I'm getting on Gamefly first.
 generalvaklu321
08-26-2006, 3:03 AM
I think like something like a bf1942 knife would be fine thats doesnt have much range and kills in 1 slash when the enemy has theyre back to you

there, good idea. I just dont like that when you run out of ammo, you're f***ed up the ass**** (I'm censoring because apparentlly, the FCC thinks it's bad). You still have the pistol, but (unless you have the commando pistol), you're no match against someone with any other gun.

I have another idea, pick up your enemies weapons when they die, it'll make the battles more intersting. Imagine a Bothan spy with a sniper :snipe1: , or a clone engineer doing this :rifle1: (execpt a blaster rifle, not an AK-47 :P)
 Darth Andrew
08-26-2006, 9:51 AM
But the problem with that is it would ruin the class system, and Tking would run rampant.
Page: 3 of 23