Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's Mod V2.6G

Page: 3 of 3
 DS_Vespidbat
02-02-2006, 7:10 PM
16 hours for me :D(not in one day but seperatley)with out a crash
This mod is by far the best one. I really like that u guys dont add other things in there*cough SSD* thats just crazy.Keep it original and that what u guy have done.So i tip my hat towards u guys

But one thing i have notice when playing empire is that the rebels would make tons of bomber,about 15+to be exact,and they would have lots of vehicles too(forgot their names).

-=+ยง+=-
 Grey_Ghost
02-02-2006, 7:18 PM
PRJ_Master: Ryebread is probably right on the money. I don't remember experiencing this myself, but I damn near build a Shutter Shield on every planet. 8P

I'm looking forward to playing more diverse fields! Oh, Tornadoed Sand Fest that is Tatooine, how I loathe thee.

Crashless play: Awesome, that's what I've worked so hard on this Mod for.

A.I.: I didn't tweak the default values, but they do build a wider range when playing at Tech 1 (as they climb the Tech ladder). Full Tech just goes after the extreme "Why build an AT-ST when you can build an AT-AT?". That's why I play Tech 1 games, for some variety.
 Goldenshadow
02-02-2006, 10:42 PM
If you read carefully on the snow speeder's tow cable attack. it says it will trip a -=Moving=- AT-AT. That means that if your AT-AT is not moving the tow cable will not harm it.

I tested this and its true. I tow cabled an non moving AT-AT over and over but he never fell down until I did the tow cable on an AT-AT walking to somewhere.
 Darth_Extas
02-02-2006, 10:44 PM
that makes sense because the tow cable acts to stop movement, because if there is no movement it will just drop the ground and not work. We did not see any non-moving At-Ats in ESB fall because they were not moving, during the battle of hoth they were all moving At-Ats, You can watch the movie again if you want to make sure.
 Grey_Ghost
02-03-2006, 1:44 AM
EDIT: also, I'm pretty sure that some planets don't have trade routes....not sure which ones....I'll give you a list after I play it again. I didn't think every single planet was supposed to have a trade route.
 saikoubi
02-03-2006, 4:38 AM
i love fighting pirates, best space fight i ever had.
 PRJ_Master
02-03-2006, 11:18 AM
huh....I thought in your older version (big galaxy), every planet was connected to another by a trade route, and that all of the systems were connected through it somehow....

but I may be wrong. I'll load up an earlier version of your mod after I get back from uni.

for now, here arethe systems without trade routes in this version of the mod:

Nal Hutta, Bothawui, Mon Cal, Sullust, Bestine, Abragadoe Rae, and Fondor

just a question to all of you, after finally playing until I won the game....what's your favorite ground unit for both rebs and imperials?

Rebs: Personally, I LOVE the T-4Bs. They're not repulsors, so they can move around and destroy the Repulsor Jammer to let the T-2Bs mop up the troops, and, plus, if there's a shield on the planet, you just have to switch to Rockets, and you can pound the enemy through the shield (plus they're great anti-infantry. Just roll 'em over the stormies and watch 'em fall). it would be interesting when the game coems out to do a skirmish, and have a T-4b/AT-AT battle and see who would win. Not a single T-4B, of course, as it would obviously lose. but a squad of three....I'm thinking it'd be pretty close. 'course, en masse, they're nigh unstoppable. you'll lose a bunch, but they can just keep rolling towards you without even blinking.

As I haven't played through the game/demo as imp yet, I can't say which one of theirs is my favorite.
 Goldenshadow
02-03-2006, 11:22 AM
I defeated the pirate base at Kessel after some experiments without losing a single ship.

The strategy is this. Bring 7 marauder cruisers , 2 corvettes, 2 gunships and home 1.
Have youe entire fleet go to the top left corner of the map and position home1 to be the front line of defense. its job is to take out any capital ships, and the corvettes and gunships are to take out fighters. esp Y wings. Now just sit back and shoot those long range missiles at the asteroid base. The special ability does the most damage.

Another thing is how awful it is when you get stuck with a gigantic fleet of 161 medium transports against a space station and an ISD and a victory and a interdictor. That many ships has quite a lot of firepower actually, but it is unplayable due to the lag. With those 161 transports, I took out the space station, the interdictor and the victory star destroyer. I could have killed the ISD but I had to turn off the computer. I still had over 100 transports left when I was trying to kill the ISD.

I should mention that I had an ion cannon on the planet to drop the ship's shields first.
 Three60
02-03-2006, 1:05 PM
(NOTE: Everything I'm saying is for full tech rebel full universe)

Okay, I just played a game over 24 hours (I left the computer on), and even though the AI may be hard on easy, it's so much fun just to have a difficult opponent who thinks logically. I put a seige in Kashyyyk, and they sent in 3+ star destroyers, tons of fighters, Interdictors, everything that would (and did) work to destroy my army. My game never crashed in that time, but it did start to freeze. But only on the Galactic map.
And I have a question. I landed some T-2B tanks onto a planet, and they just sat in a tight circle. The group that had landed first was also just sitting there, under fire or not. None of them moved. Everything else was fine, and they were fine on a different battle, but not that one. Anyone else gotten this?
 Goldenshadow
02-03-2006, 1:22 PM
Thats because the enemy has a repulsor lift jammer structure on that planet. T2B tanks have repulsor lift engines. put 2 and 2 together.

As soon as you blow up the repulsor lift jammer, your tanks will start moving.
 gswift
02-03-2006, 2:48 PM
I landed some T-2B tanks onto a planet, and they just sat in a tight circle. The group that had landed first was also just sitting there, under fire or not. None of them moved. Everything else was fine, and they were fine on a different battle, but not that one. Anyone else gotten this?

I've seen similar glitches from time to time. I've played MANY hours and only encountered the problem three times, so it's rare. It wasn't repulsor jammers because I've only had problems with infantry and rocket troops. The only pattern I noticed was that they were all deployed near the edge of the reinforcement point radius.

I wouldn't expect to see this problem with the full version.
 Max Outrider
02-03-2006, 6:40 PM
Okay, I have a weeeee bit of a problem with this mod (started with 2.5G and has stayed in this version too).
http://premium1.uploadit.org/MaxOutrider/ScreenShots/EAW_20060203_22262826.jpg)

Anyone that can guess what the problem is gets a cookie :P.
Note, this only happens when I have the mod installed. No mod works fine and the old Bryant's 2.0 mod works fine too. It's just been doing this with 2.5 and 2.6.
 Admiral Sith
02-03-2006, 7:13 PM
The textures arent being accessed, check the units files and make sure they have Textures attached to them
 Harbormaster
02-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Man, I love this mod. I can't wait until the full game comes out...
 Max Outrider
02-04-2006, 7:08 AM
The textures arent being accessed, check the units files and make sure they have Textures attached to them

I had a look in the ground units files but don't really have much of an idea what I am looking for. There wasn't anything that obviously said anything about textures, however the same can be said for the space units files I looked in too. The space units are fine. Better than fine even, as the old problems I had with space in 2.0 and 2.5 have been totally rectified. It's only this texture problem for the ground part of the game that is plaguing me. It also seems to lag the game majorly when there is the no texture problem. When the ground textures were working fine on the old mods the game ran smoothly.
Plus, if the files were missing texture links then everyone would be having this same problem but so far I am the only one that seems to have been affected.

Edit: Just tested the mod on my other computer and it runs perfectly there. Must just be my laptop having a heart attack. Which is weird as space runs fine.
 RedBullet612
02-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Anyone else slowing down at galactic map and sometimes crashing?
 Three60
02-04-2006, 1:56 PM
I slowed down on the Galactic map, but never got a crash.
For Max Outrider, just try downloading the files again.
 Grey_Ghost
02-04-2006, 5:24 PM
I had a look in the ground units files but don't really have much of an idea what I am looking for. Try re-installing the Demo itself, other then that maybe the Laptop doesn't meet the min specs/need new drivers.
 Ra2er
02-04-2006, 6:20 PM
No slowing down or crashes for me in this version.
In my opinion this is THE mod for the demo, every other mod out there seems to crash at some point, this doesn't, it's bug-free. No crashes at all since updating to 2.6g. Oh and the cable attack works for me now, I managed to bring down 2 AT-AT's in a battle.
Will you be working on any small scale mods for the full game Grey Ghost?
 Max Outrider
02-04-2006, 7:09 PM
Try re-installing the Demo itself, other then that maybe the Laptop doesn't meet the min specs/need new drivers.

I did the reinstall and everything. The laptop is better than the minimum specs by quite a lot. The problem only occurs when I use the mod. Without it the textures are there and everything works fine. Plus it worked fine on earlier versions of the mod, this only started happening from 2.5G.
 Grey_Ghost
02-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Will you be working on any small scale mods for the full game Grey Ghost?Perhaps. It's hard to say really, depends on the tools and such. I'd be interested in using the engine for content outside the Star Wars Universe, but I'm also interested in a Clone Wars Total Conversion. I'm sure there is going to be more then a few mods dedicated to enhancing the content the game ships with. Plus from digging in the files, the game itself looks like it's going to have quite a bit to keep one busy already.

Plus it worked fine on earlier versions of the mod, this only started happening from 2.5G.I've never had a problem like yours, but it definately involves your Laptop it seems. I hope you don't have the same problem with the full game.
 Harbormaster
02-04-2006, 11:10 PM
How can I make multiple refineries on planets? I could in the demo, but with this mod I can only make one. Is there anyway to reset that?
 PRJ_Master
02-04-2006, 11:45 PM
you mean mines, the things tht give you more money?

you can't.

apparently the comp was making too many mine-only planets or something...
 Iamme
02-05-2006, 1:33 AM
you could create a variant for yourself, if you know how to mod the files.
 Tchilli
02-05-2006, 4:38 AM
i cant play as imperial or full galactic map. i only can choose 1 map (half the galaxy), as rebbels, i think its full tech. i reinstalled the demo, installed the mod exactly like on the picture!
 Max Outrider
02-05-2006, 10:21 AM
I've never had a problem like yours, but it definately involves your Laptop it seems. I hope you don't have the same problem with the full game.

I've looked into the problem further and it seems something has gone funky with my laptop itself. The problem has now spread into the unmodded demo but as before it only effects the ground portion of the game. The game has been working perfectly up until this problem appeared after I installed version 2.5 of this mod. So either it was the mod that caused the initial problem that has no spread or something I installed on the same day as the mod has caused the problem. It's really stupid how one moment a computer can be working perfect and then the next something goes wrong for no reason at all.
 Grey_Ghost
02-05-2006, 1:43 PM
How can I make multiple refineries on planets? I could in the demo, but with this mod I can only make one. Is there anyway to reset that? Open Specialstructures.xml, find the 2 entries for mining change the max instances per planet from 1 to -1.

i cant play as imperial or full galactic map. i only can choose 1 map (half the galaxy), as rebbels, i think its full tech. i reinstalled the demo, installed the mod exactly like on the picture!Are you copying the contents of the "??? Universe Empire ??? Tech" folder to the XML folder? If not, you should be as the instructions in the readme tell you.

So either it was the mod that caused the initial problem that has no spread or something I installed on the same day as the mod has caused the problem. It is highly unlikely my Mod has anything to do with your problem, and certainly isn't spreading anything to anywhere.
 Ryebread
02-05-2006, 9:57 PM
I finished my longest game today that spans the last 3 days. Probably 15+ hours at least. The single biggest feature I am awaiting with the full version is auto-resolve. There were way too many battles that I had won from the start but had to slog through anyway.
 steve13281
02-06-2006, 7:46 PM
Hey Grey Ghost, thanks for the mod. Been playing the same game for the last five days. I have noticed a few strange things. One, I couldn't target the rebel transports in space. I've had 5 ISD on them and I can't get a lock on them. I used the move to attack command for a good half hour until they were finally destroyed. Same thing with one of the sheild things that look like a radar dish during the land battles. Also the rebels never retreated in space, and I could not call for renforcements in space. Wish that dang save command worked, my comp slowed way down the last few days of play. I had an exception on Korriban and the game closed down. I was so close to conquering the galaxy! I'm not trying to complain though cause I have enjoyed your mod. Just giving my two cents.

Thanks, Steve
 gswift
02-07-2006, 7:55 PM
Hi Grey Ghost, great work and thank you!

Personally, I'm not having any problems with the latest version. I can run the game for five days without any errors and then play another without restarting. It slows down occasionally, but I don't think that's the mod. Well, there was one time that I attacked a planet that had a HUGE fleet of transports. There had to be over 150 rebel transports. My machine bogged down so badly that it took hours to kill them all. I think the frame-rate dropped to 1 per second or worse until after I killed a large portion of them. It only happened once and now I know to scout before I attack. If my machine was newer it wouldn't have been so bad. I'm only sharing that as a warning/helpful tip to others.

Once again, great work on your mod. You've provided many people with many hours of entertainment. Nine days till release day!!!!!
 Nakatomi2010
02-07-2006, 8:08 PM
Is it possible to research your way to tech 5, or research was never really enabled in the demo?
 xhh2a
02-07-2006, 8:34 PM
I belive you can unlock 'Abandoned Mining Facility' for building(It was in SirNukes Mod) as a alternative.
Also, try unlocking the other campains and adding it into your mod(I know this is possible because SirNukes is and you did it before when you did that smal universe release), thx.
 Grey_Ghost
02-08-2006, 4:59 PM
Slow Downs: I get them as well now and then, and I'm fairly certain it's the demo itself. I'm hoping the release doesn't have the same problems.

Shuttle Showdowns:I play pretty agressively and haven't had much interaction with Massive Land unit Space Fleets. Also, those fleets with maybe 12 or more shuttles flying around have never been a problem for me, but that just might be the ships I am using. If it really bothers you, download this file HERE (http://home.houston.rr.com/vallore/other/Transportunits.xml) and Nerf to your hearts content.

Is it possible to research your way to tech 5, or research was never really enabled in the demo?

If you play the Tech 1 version of the Mod, you can research all the way up to tech 5. The important stuff requires research, the only exceptions that come to mind would be the 2 different Shield Generators.

I belive you can unlock 'Abandoned Mining Facility' for building(It was in SirNukes Mod) as a alternative.
Also, try unlocking the other campains and adding it into your mod(I know this is possible because SirNukes is and you did it before when you did that smal universe release), thx.As an alternative to what? I didn't unlock another campaign, merely altered it. If someone has implemented the other scenarios thats cool. Personally, I'm wating to play those in the Release version of the game. Something tells me I'll enjoy them more not being limited to 2 maps. http://home.houston.rr.com/vallore/8P.gif)
 gswift
02-09-2006, 6:39 PM
Shuttle Showdowns:I play pretty agressively and haven't had much interaction with Massive Land unit Space Fleets. Also, those fleets with maybe 12 or more shuttles flying around have never been a problem for me, but that just might be the ships I am using.

Yep, you're unquestionably right. The super-huge shuttle fleet only happened once, and I'm sure my tactics allowed it to happen. I think I forced the rebels to consolidate defenses from several planets because I was advancing with large fleets from both sides.

Twelve ships, no problem. I should have taken a screen shot. Litterally one third of the space map was filled wall-to-wall with transports. There were so many that they actually managed to take out an Imperial Star Destroyer and a couple of cruisers before it was over. Usually, the transports just run to the corners, but the AI must have known that it had a chance to do some damage because it actually ATTACKED with transports. That says something good about the quality of the AI, in my opinion. It formed rings of transports three layers deep around each of my capitol ships and filled in the gaps with reinforcements when I wiped out a chunck.

Another thought: I thought it was funny when some of the buildings didn't have skins. The game filled in with some image that said 'Petroglyph', so as my walkers approached to destroy the building it looked like I was invading Petroglyph studios. HeHeHe ("Release the game early, or I'll invade!")
 jedi3112
02-10-2006, 10:21 AM
^^^ LOL

I have a problem using the hypergun on Venators. It always fires over the ship, and not through the ship. So I think either some gunner needs the Vader solution for this problem or there is a small bug with the ship.
 Nakatomi2010
02-10-2006, 10:30 AM
I DO I research then? I tried to build the research centers but where do I go from there?
 Empirecitizen
02-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I cant shoot the Venators with hypervelocity gun, either. Its the same in all the mods, they shoot above the venators.
When i played in an older version, the rebels invaded me with around 3 MC ,1 ven , 2 Assualt frigate MKII + some fighters & bombers . I had only a lv 1 space station and 2 tartans. My bombers from the station managed to disable most of the ships engines before my station and fighters+bombers are elimated. Then I ran m tatan all around the map and shoot the ships with the hypervelociy gun. The only ship i couldn't destroy was the single venator....
 jedi3112
02-10-2006, 2:27 PM
I DO I research then? I tried to build the research centers but where do I go from there?

What version did you install? If you installed a full tech version, logically you can't research because all research has already been done. If you installed a tech 1 version, the research should appear as the first build button.
 Nakatomi2010
02-10-2006, 2:29 PM
I had installed the tech level 1 version but I saw nothing... I'll try it again tonight... Knew I couldn't be THAT retarded..... :(
 Grey_Ghost
02-11-2006, 1:33 AM
Research is done the same way you build the Research Facility. Once it's done an Icon with the Imperial Logo is added to the build list. For a Rebel, you have to use R2D2/C3PO to steal it from am Empire controlled system.
 Grey_Ghost
02-14-2006, 1:13 PM
There seems to be some confusion out and about (mostly through emails), so I'll post this here hopefully for all to see.

I am not Bryant Malaski, nor has Bryant Malaski had any involvement with any of the X.XG versions of this Mod.
 MDD
02-16-2006, 6:29 PM
Ah i see how it works now.

Nice mod mate
Page: 3 of 3