Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Fanfic] The Plight of Darkness

Page: 7 of 10
 Jae Onasi
04-08-2006, 4:02 PM
^Thankfully I have learned the fine art of going through posts and actively looking for spelling errors. I think I'll put it to use sometime soon...

We'll all be on the lookout now. :D
 Hallucination
04-08-2006, 10:52 PM
I was going to use it only on Forcefight, but I might use it on other people here, now that you reminded me that she isn't the only writer here....
 Jae Onasi
04-08-2006, 11:06 PM
The pen is mightier than the sword....
 Hallucination
04-08-2006, 11:34 PM
But these fics are done on computers, so there is no pen or sword...
In other words you're beginning to confuse me....
 Jae Onasi
04-09-2006, 12:27 AM
But these fics are done on computers, so there is no pen or sword...
In other words you're beginning to confuse me....

The keyboard is mightier than the lightsaber? :D
 Snafu7
04-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Just got around to reading the chapter, but what can I say that I haven't said before about your other chapters, it was great, keep up the good work.
 ForceFightWMe12
04-09-2006, 1:23 PM
:D Nice to hear from you, Snafu :xp: Glad you liked it!

Ah teasing the fanboys...I could have fun with this...

In other words you're beginning to confuse me...

As if it were so difficult to do that...;)
 RC-1162
04-09-2006, 1:54 PM
^^^
:wstupid:
:D
and tease the fanboys and you'll hear from HK!!!

BTW, did you check ou the latest chapter? (of my fic)
 ForceFightWMe12
04-09-2006, 2:35 PM
Oh, but its so fun...:xp:

I got through...maybe the first paragraph before I had to run from the computer, so I'll be checking it out a bit later...
 Hallucination
04-09-2006, 7:06 PM
As if it were so difficult to do that...;)
Well that hurts..... :(

Oh, but it's so fun...

I got through...maybe the first paragraph before I had to run from the computer, so I'll be checking it out a bit later...
How ironic that I corrected your punctuation, whereas you did not.
And don't bother me about the fact that wasn't ironic.
 ForceFightWMe12
04-09-2006, 7:15 PM
You know I'm just messing with you Hall ;) :xp:
 Hallucination
04-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I realized it, I guess I should've use the little xp guy. I'll use him now for good measure: :xp:
 RC-1162
04-10-2006, 7:07 AM
Hall, Shut up, please.
why don't you go elsewhere and correct some grammar or something? :D
 Hallucination
04-10-2006, 9:46 PM
Hall, shut up, please.
Why don't you go elsewhere and correct some grammar or something? :D
Good idea, and your capitalization is rather horrid...;)
 ForceFightWMe12
04-10-2006, 10:41 PM
*shakes head* Sometimes I wonder about you guys...
 The Doctor
04-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Stop 'wondering about us' and get writing, darn it :xp:
 RC-1162
04-11-2006, 9:52 AM
:wstupid: all the way
 ForceFightWMe12
04-11-2006, 6:43 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, you get back to your conversions, Doc, and I'll get to writting PoD :xp:
 ForceFightWMe12
04-14-2006, 8:05 PM
Alright guys, good news/bad news. Again.

Good news: Mushy-gushiness is back
Bad news: Kinda short chapter :xp:

Hey, JK, you got more than a hug this time :lol:

Well...I think that's it for now. Enjoy :D

__________________________________________________ __

---Chapter Seventeen---

“I don’t know what you were thinking…” Elron murmured to a now conscious Briana as she sat on the exam table and he re-applied a bandage to her lower abdomen. “Your shield was down and there were far too many guns for you to have handled on your own.
“I wasn’t on my own, Elron. Carth, Bastila, and Revan were there as well.”
“And what did you think you could do that they couldn’t?”
“Carth’s guard was down and they were getting ready to turn him to swiss cheese. I couldn’t just stand there. Besides, aren’t Jedi supposed to help out whenever they could?”
Elron paused as he tied off the bandage. “Yeah. They are.” he answered stiffly. “But there were still better solutions than throwing yourself in front of him.”
“You wouldn’t be making such a fuss if it had been Carth or one of the others.” she murmured, and Elron was lost for a response. She was right, of course…
His work finished, he sat down on the table next to her, slinging his arms around her shoulders and pulling her back against him as he kissed her temple.
“I’m just glad you’re safe.” he whispered.
“Mmm.” she murmured, leaning into him and resting her head beneath his chin. “I’ll be fine. I’ve felt worse than this.”
“I’ll bet.” he said, sisterly love not being exactly normal in Echanii families. He pulled away from her, and moved to the door to check on the others.
“Elron?”
He paused in the doorway as she called after him.
“You’re…you’re not a Jedi anymore…are you?” came her hesitant, almost disappointed question.
He left the room without answering.

~*~*~

When he entered the main hold, he came upon a few of the others looking at holos that extended up from the center dais. Blue semi-transparent glyphs rotated in the air, the others studying them intently. Present was Mira, who was currently leaning against the wall, Carth who was hunched over the dais, and Revan, who had his arms around Bastila. He especially was watching the symbols.
Mira gave an exasperated and annoyed sigh. “I don’t know. I can’t make heads or tails of this.”
The Prodigal Knight lifted his head from where it rested against the top of Bastila’s to say: “Can you display the whole string and stop the rotating?”
Carth obliged, and six ‘sentences’ of the strange symbols appeared, and Revan moved from where he stood to get a closer look.
“Don’t tell me you can read the gibberish.” Elron said, coming further into the room.
“Not exactly…but I can pick out a few symbols.” Revan said, shooting the Exile a glance that resembled something like ‘now sit down and shut up’. He obliged, and stood with his arms folded across his chest.
After a few moments, Atton came striding in from the cockpit. “I’ve made a random jump, so long as we’re out of there.” he said.
Revan slid his datapad into a slot on the dais’ console, pulling up a program. In seconds, he had downloaded and translated most of the phrase.
“You might want to pull us out and set a new course.” he said, his eyes still on the datapad. Now looking up at the pilot, he finished, “I know where we’re headed next.”

~*~*~

Dantooine. It seems like ages since I’ve walked on her surface.
Hadn’t she said those same words when she, Revan, and the rest of the Hawk’s crew had arrived at the Enclave for the first time all those years ago?
Bastila pulled the cloak tighter around herself as the chilly winter air swept towards her once again. Winter had always been her favorite season, especially on Dantooine. The sparkling, perfect snow lying smooth and picturesque across the plains and bluffs, the cool, fresh air invigorating her senses. The peace and beauty it brought was unparalleled by anything else in the galaxy, in her opinion.
“Administrator Adare has set us up with a few rooms for the duration of our stay, so we won’t have to stay cramped up in the Hawk.” Revan said, coming up from behind her and crossing his arms around her waist. He pressed his face into the side of her head, breathing in the priceless scent of her skin and hair. Her body relaxed against him as she sighed.
“Perhaps now we’ll have some time to rest before going out again?” she asked, her eyes closed.
“Ask and it shall be done.” he said, squeezing her playfully. She giggled lightly, and turned in his arms, laying her own around his neck.
“And if I asked you to kiss me right now?” she said, smiling.
“Now why would I want to go and kiss the prettiest woman on the face of the galaxy?” he asked jokingly, passing his lips quickly and randomly across her forehead and cheeks.
Her playful scream turned to one of surprise as she took a step back and her heel made contact with the corner of a planter, and she lost her balance. Tripping over her flailing foot, Revan lost balance as well, and the two crashed into the snow, rolling together down the slight incline of a hill. Once their momentum had worn out, the Jedi found themselves several feet away from the Khoonda compound, Bastila lying atop her lover. As the shock of falling faded, the two smiled and began to laugh at the stupidity of the moment, and she rolled off of him, lying back in the snow.
When the laughter ceased, Revan rolled on his side, looking at her. He brushed a bang from her forehead before leaning in and whispering “Ask and it shall be done.” before capturing her lips with his.

~*~*~

“I thought I’d find you out here.” Elron said as he approached Briana. She was sitting at the edge of one of the bluffs, her legs hanging over the side. He carried two cups of hot coco, and passed one to her as he sat down at her side.
“It reminds me of Telos.” she said as she took a sip of the drink. “It was the only home I ever had, and it feels like I haven’t returned in…ages.”
At least you remember having a home. Elron though, but out loud only murmured something like ‘seems like it’. Why did he feel envious of her for that fact? It wasn’t as if growing up in a hall of ice like the Temple on Telos with no one but your cold older sisters and Atris to talk to. An involuntary shiver went down his spine as he thought of the Jedi Master. Force, I hate that woman.
As if sensing his thoughts, Briana took his hand in hers. “We won’t be going back there, will we?” Again he sensed a hint of disappointment in her voice.
“No, we won’t. Not if I can help it, at least.”
She snuggled against him and he wrapped his cloak around them both, kissing the top of her head.
You’re not a Jedi anymore, are you?
You’re right. I’m not.
 MasterAwder
04-14-2006, 8:11 PM
great chapter
 The Doctor
04-14-2006, 9:35 PM
I agree. Great work, FFWM.
And I thought the conversions were supposed to be a joint venture:xp:
 ForceFightWMe12
04-14-2006, 10:24 PM
'Supposed' is the key word there...:xp:
 Hallucination
04-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Well, you're right, it was good but it was short.
swiss cheese
So a long time ago Switzerland was is a galaxy far, far away? ;)
http://img299.imageshack.us.nyud.net:8090/img299/5060/swb171nr.jpg) J/K :D
 Jae Onasi
04-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Very nice. It'll be cool to see how the relationships develop.
 Diego Varen
04-15-2006, 4:31 AM
I liked that Chapter. Are you planning to go to every Planet in KOTOR?
 ForceFightWMe12
04-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Not every planet. Otherwise, I fear I'll never get this finished :xp: I'm trying to decide whether or not Dantooine will be their last stop in known-space or not...
 The Doctor
04-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Great job! Too bad I can't fix these spelling mistakes... :xp:
 RC-1162
04-15-2006, 1:18 PM
great work, Forcefight, awesome chapter, though i myself prefer action to mushy gushiness (as you put it :D). great job anyway.
 ForceFightWMe12
04-15-2006, 1:21 PM
Thanks, RC, I'm glad you enjoyed it, even though it was mushy gushy (I love that phrase :xp: )

Missing your admin powers, Doc? :lol:
 Hallucination
04-15-2006, 3:20 PM
Great job! Too bad I can't fix these spelling mistakes... :xp:
Now you know my pain....;)
 Snafu7
04-15-2006, 5:00 PM

lol

Anyways, great chapter ffwm
 The Doctor
04-16-2006, 6:15 PM
Missing your admin powers, Doc? :lol:

About as much as you're missing these errors.... :xp:
 ScieX
04-16-2006, 8:21 PM
i just finished reading all of the chapters. :smoke2: very nice

wheres visas????

why did the judge sick all those mandalorians after the crew

whens the big foe coming?

:lightning

cant wait to see more
 ScieX
04-16-2006, 8:29 PM
Well, you're right, it was good but it was short.

http://img299.imageshack.us.nyud.net:8090/img299/5060/swb171nr.jpg) J/K :D

could be, could be. or maybe since was so long ago, some of the humans who came from that galaxy and settled earth named it after their town of switzerland and made it a country in Europe.

its possible.

:spikehair
 milo
04-17-2006, 1:32 AM
hehehe, swiss cheese. I'm still giggling about that one...
Anyways, great chapter.
 ForceFightWMe12
04-17-2006, 2:41 PM
Thanks, guys, glad you like it :D

See, I knew someone was going to pick on me for the Swiss cheese the moment I typed it. Since Switzerland doesn't exist in SW, I didn't capitalize Swiss, which makes it a common adjective. Kinda. Ah, imaginary loopholes :xp:
 The Doctor
04-17-2006, 2:45 PM
^ Not as bad as 'Coruscant Breakfast Cakes'... no offense. :xp:
 ForceFightWMe12
04-17-2006, 3:26 PM
Oh, shut it, Mr. 'They-can-have-a-heart-attack' man.

Doc: Hey, I know! They can all have a heart attack!
Kira: How 'bout they don't.
Doc: Why? It'll be fun!
Kira: No.
Doc: Not even a minor cardiac arrest?
Kira: Why do I even...

:lol:
 The Doctor
04-17-2006, 3:50 PM
... I hate you. I mean, I love you and everything, but... I hate you.

EDIT: I hate you too, RC :xp: (see below)
 RC-1162
04-17-2006, 3:54 PM
is he a retard? :D
j/k doc, dont give me a heart attack.

and about the swiss cheese, you could have typed "average manaanian sponge" :D
 Hallucination
04-17-2006, 4:56 PM

See, I knew someone was going to pick on me for the Swiss cheese the moment I typed it. Since Switzerland doesn't exist in SW, I didn't capitalize Swiss, which makes it a common adjective. Kinda. Ah, imaginary loopholes :xp:
That's a little problem, a loophole is a hole, and I can poke a hole into your loophole, but how do you put a hole in a hole?
And for the 'they can have a heart attack' thing, who are 'they'?
 ForceFightWMe12
04-17-2006, 6:42 PM
The 'they' would be a young Jedi Exile and Revan in one of our RPGs. At the time, we were trying to figure out the next set of posts and...that was the Doc's idea :xp:

:nut: wooooords :nut:
 The Doctor
04-17-2006, 6:47 PM
Wait... I don't think it was a young Revan and Kira, was it? I thought it was in DF... But I could be wrong. I usually am. Especially when arguing with FFWM :D
 Hallucination
04-17-2006, 7:07 PM
Well, thanks. BTW did anyone ever tell you two you're both wierd? ;P
 The Doctor
04-17-2006, 7:08 PM
Yes, we tell each other that at every opportunity.
 ScieX
04-17-2006, 9:44 PM

loopholes?... you should be a lawyer!
 JediKnight707
04-18-2006, 12:15 AM
The pen is mightier than the word processor....

;) Hehe, I read that somewhere.
 Vaelastraz
04-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Nice story ...I read through the entire story today, impressive! The amount of forum pages also shows that your work seems to be the taste of many different people. I bet you could make money with your talent!

However, one thing i seem to have missed when reading through the last chapter, why is Elron(d) not a Jedi anymore?
 ForceFightWMe12
04-18-2006, 1:27 PM
Vaelastraz: Maybe chapter...Twelve (I think) can shed a bit of light on Elron's reasoning...anything more I can't reveal as of yet :dev10: Anyway, I'm glad you like the story :D

JK: I've seen that somewhere too...or is that just my mind playing tricks on me? Gah, who knows...

Scie: Why do people always seem to tell me that...:xp:

Hall: Most of my family tells me that on a daily basis :lol:
 RC-1162
04-19-2006, 3:16 PM
no kidding :D
given ive asked you 10 times already to help me out:xp:
Page: 7 of 10