Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Very good things! *keep it clean* (big images)

Page: 120 of 133
 Darth Groovy
10-18-2009, 8:28 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31EqevbsoVL._SS500_.jpg)

Rock Band Stage Kit

I had been thinking about buying a fog machine for my annual Halloween party, and most of them run for about $60 - $100.

When this particular item first hit my store, it retailed at $99.99, however it is now going for $29.99! I have sold two of them, and neither of them ever came back defective, so I figured it would be alright. I picked this up and after my employee discount it was exactly $25.49 after taxes!

The good news:

This thing is absolutely freaking awesome! This whole set connects to your 360 via USB cable. It works on Rock Band 2 on all of the download content and Rock Band 1 stuff as well. Each song has a preset light show. The LED is actually a 360 remote with the D pad, start and select buttons. The singer will need to use this as the control option. There is a little kick stand on the bottom that points it at an angle and if you raise the little magnifying glass part, the led lights shine through it and make it look like laser beams! There is a strobe light built right into the fog machine itself on the front!

The bad news:

This machine does not work with Beatles Rock Band at all. The kit only comes with 500 ml (0.5L) of fog liquid which runs out in about an hour. I am running pretty low at the time of this post. The fog machine can be kind of distracting at times as there is some minor noise when the fog is emitting. The amount of fog is staggering, it completely filled the first and second level of my town home full of smoke in a matter of minutes, and even set off my smoke alarm...lol! Also, according to the instruction manual, PDP does not want you to use any other brand of fog liquid.

The good news:

I have read many online reviews, and as I figured any other water based fog liquid WILL work in the fog machine. However, if you DO decide to buy PDP brand fog liquid, it is only 9.99 for a gallon on the PDP site! http://www.pdp.com/prod_detail.php?sku=PL3648)

I might shop around at the local Halloween shops tomorrow, and if I don't find a better deal, I will order from PDP for some extra fog liquid.

Also some random good news:

The Microsoft brand Lips wireless mics now work on Rock Band 2. There was a recent update. The only downside to that, is that you may have to adjust the mic sensitivity a bit. I was messing up on Easy due to some mic delay between my surround system. Also there might be some feedback if your surround system is up too loud, and the mic sensitivity is set too high.

There are a great deal of demonstrations on youtube, this one looks most accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQAUO1OXcYU&feature=related)
 Jae Onasi
10-18-2009, 2:33 PM
Looks like a blast. I saw those at the store and wondered if they were any good.
 TiE23
10-18-2009, 11:44 PM
I'd hotbox my bedroom while playing Megadeth songs with that thing. I'd probably lose sight of the screen after a little bit. But damn, it'd be funny as hell.

"Their bodies convulse, in agony, and, pain.
I mangle their faces, till no features remain.
A blade for the butchering, I cut them to shreds.
First take out the organs, then cut off the head.
The remains of flesh now sop under my feet.
One more bloody massacre, the murders' complete.
I seek to dismember, a sadist fiend.
And, blood baths are my way of getting clean.
I lurk in the alleys, wait for the kill.
I have no remorse for the blood that I spill
A merciless butcher who lives underground.
I'm out to destroy you and, I will, cut you down.
- Cut you down.
I see you, and, I'm waiting, for Black Friday."
~The lyrics to one of my most played Rock Band 2 songs.

I'd like to see the light show for that.
 Pie™
10-19-2009, 9:10 AM
On friday I was at Hermie's house playing rock band 2, and aced Cannibal Corpse's Hammer Smashed Face on vocals. Only thing missing was a smoke-machine.

Also a good thing: Seeing Gorgoroth tonight. :)
 leXX
10-19-2009, 10:02 AM
 IG-64
10-19-2009, 1:28 PM
*jealous*

I'm really starting to want a PS3. D:
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-19-2009, 2:23 PM
Also a good thing: Seeing Gorgoroth tonight. :)

How many times have you seen them? I swear I've read this many times before. :p

I saw Slipknot last night. All I can say that it was ****ing sick. Next week, I'm going to see All That Remains with Lacuna Coil.
 TiE23
10-19-2009, 2:33 PM
*jealous*

I'm really starting to want a PS3. D:
I know... at least now I'm ready for The Last Guardian when it comes out in like 5 years.

Edit: Whoops, didn't mean to double post. lol, hours late fix.
On friday I was at Hermie's house playing rock band 2, and aced Cannibal Corpse's Hammer Smashed Face on vocals. Only thing missing was a smoke-machine.

You could put the mic up to a noisy dish-washer and it'd ace it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqdZ4t1cft4)

Also, I have that song, too, and whenever I play it the experience is ruined cause of Ace Ventura.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IT8KfyacS8)
 Pie™
10-20-2009, 12:56 AM
How many times have you seen them? I swear I've read this many times before. :p

I saw Slipknot last night. All I can say that it was ****ing sick. Next week, I'm going to see All That Remains with Lacuna Coil.

It was the third time, but it was ****ing awesome to see them with Pest on vocals. Brilliant concert, less than decent crowd though. The emo and hardcore-people of Trondheim by far outweighed the metalheads, starting a moshpit at the first song. Who the hell starts a moshpit at a black metal concert? :confused:
My mind might change once I sober up, but the new songs slayed.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-20-2009, 1:39 AM
The emo and hardcore-people of Trondheim by far outweighed the metalheads, starting a moshpit at the first song. Who the hell starts a moshpit at a black metal concert? :confused:

Word. I've been to a few emo-hardcore concerts and the moshpits ****ing suck. I dunno 'bout you, but it makes me want to knock someone the **** out when all they do is flail their arms and legs. Another thing that bugs the **** outta me, is people who crowdsurf, but that just might be me. :p

http://lvsitano.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/a315998c5b209736fb648c5d19e1f55e.jpg)

New Rammstein album! It would be nice to see them come over to Canada. They're one of the few bands that I haven't seen yet that I want to see before they're done touring.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
10-20-2009, 1:41 AM
I dunno 'bout you, but it makes me want to knock someone the **** outi thought that was what moshpits were for
 GTA:SWcity
10-20-2009, 3:02 AM
Word. I've been to a few emo-hardcore concerts and the moshpits ****ing suck. I dunno 'bout you, but it makes me want to knock someone the **** out when all they do is flail their arms and legs.

I know what you mean. Ozzy will always be kinda cool, but the mosh pits weren't *much* better than that in Ozzfest. I went in 2003.

At least people were jumpkicking and clotheslining one another added with, err, street hockey-checking when Cradle of Filth took the dirt stage. They should have been main stage, that was bull****.

otherwise...Mostly it was running circles, kneeing, and rough shoulder knocking. Maybe jumping and/or dry-humping occasionally.

Another thing that bugs the **** outta me, is people who crowdsurf, but that just might be me. :p

I don't mind surf other people do but I hated it when some douchenozzle stole one person's shoes and threw them in different directions--one just happened to hit me in the head. I'm all jumping around. *THUNK* WTF?!
 BongoBob
10-20-2009, 2:30 PM
Guess what has 2 thumbs and has a job interview tomorrow?

THIS GUY.
 Pho3nix
10-20-2009, 2:56 PM
wat

I have a job interview tomorrow too, woo!
 IG-64
10-20-2009, 5:47 PM
Guess what has 2 thumbs and has a job interview tomorrow?

THIS GUY.

For chief of medicine?

But seriously, where at? (for the both of you)
 MrWally
10-20-2009, 5:48 PM
Yay!

Best of luck to the both of you!
 leXX
10-21-2009, 4:39 AM
Good luck guys!

This arrived in the post yesterday. Hubby will be completely rebuilding the PC this weekend. I am so looking forward to my new Vista free life.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QAa4DXQHL._SS500_.jpg)
 PastramiX
10-21-2009, 7:31 AM
Had fun shelling out another ~$300 to Microsoft, or did we have a special Vista to 7 "Upgrade"?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
10-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Had fun shelling out another ~$300 to Microsoft, or did we have a special Vista to 7 "Upgrade"?

7 owns hard thanks
 Pho3nix
10-21-2009, 12:40 PM
But seriously, where at? (for the both of you)
I sell mobile network providers by phone : D not that glamorous but It's better than McDonald's anyway.
 MrWally
10-21-2009, 1:14 PM

Quiet you. Windows 7 is a fantastic operating system. I love it and it's definitely worth the purchasing price.
 leXX
10-21-2009, 1:51 PM
Blah blah blah

*yawn*
 TiE23
10-21-2009, 2:13 PM
Since getting the Release Candidate of Windows 7 back in May I can't recall a single crashed, stalled, or frozen program, ever... EVER. Not a virus, not an error, not a bug, nothing. Every game has run perfectly*. Sins of a Solar Empire, Half-life 2, CS:S, Far Cry 2, etc.

* Okay, except for one thing... for absolutely no particular reason, Sims 3 crashes a lot. I mean, every other PC game under the sun: No issues at all. But Sims 3? It's uncommon for it to play for more than 2 hours without a crash.
 DarthDie
10-21-2009, 2:16 PM
...Windows 7 is awesome...

Yeah Windows 7 is pretty awesome, only time I got a BSOD is when I found out Linksys's Vista driver for my wireless network card doesn't work and so I just had to use XP's one.

And Sims 3 works fine for me (when I actually play it anyway), not sure if I've played for more than 3 hourz but whenever I've played its never crashed.
 MrWally
10-21-2009, 2:50 PM
I, too, just realized that I've never received a BSOD under Windows 7. Occassionally I'll get a crash when I'm working in photoshop or lightroom, but typically that's because the files I've got open are 600+mb and it's just too taxing on my system without a break... but xp did the exact same thing, more often.
 Samuel Dravis
10-21-2009, 4:12 PM
Technically I've gotten 2 BSODs since last year on XP64, both involving me fiddling with hardware when I shouldn't. Aside from that I have never had any trouble at all with anything, including viruses. Stability is not an issue at all, nor is security. The same goes for the copy of XP on my netbook. It Just Works. Are there any significant improvements (i.e., usability, convenience, etc) that would make me care about 7?
 PastramiX
10-21-2009, 5:07 PM
7 completely supersedes Vista and XP; there's no question about that. What is irksome is the fact that there aren't any hugely essential changes from Vista to 7, minus XP Mode and further hardware support and process optimization. As much as I don't like bringing Apple into this, it's comparable to the relations of 10.5 and 10.6, although with Apple it's much cheaper to upgrade than it is with Microsoft.

Again, while I feel that 7 is the best thing to come out of Microsoft in years, it's more of a "finally" moment compared to other modern OSs.
 BongoBob
10-21-2009, 6:16 PM
My interview today went fantastic. It's not official but I'm 99% sure I'll be a target employee within the next week or so :)
 Anthony
10-21-2009, 6:23 PM
I got windows 7 professional 64bit for free. I'd been using ultimate 7 64bit for a few months but it wasnt a valid copy and kept bugging me, so I just "downgraded" to professional. Had to reformat, but I had all my crap backed up anyway. I'm SO happy I never have to use vista ever again ever.

EDIT: Funny story actually, I installed professional just fine until the PC started bluescreening before the install was even done, so I was pissed and worried that for some reason the final release of windows 7 was not very compatible with my laptop.

Turns out burning CDs and DVDs on a heavily overclocked computer is never a good idea and results in faulty disks. So in the process I made myself a windows 7 install USB key..

EDIT2: I love MSDNAA
 Det. Bart Lasiter
10-21-2009, 6:33 PM
7 completely supersedes Vista and XP; there's no question about that. What is irksome is the fact that there aren't any hugely essential changes from Vista to 7, minus XP Mode and further hardware support and process optimization. As much as I don't like bringing Apple into this, it's comparable to the relations of 10.5 and 10.6, although with Apple it's much cheaper to upgrade than it is with Microsoft.

Again, while I feel that 7 is the best thing to come out of Microsoft in years, it's more of a "finally" moment compared to other modern OSs.

That's why most people are eligible for a free upgrade from Vista to 7. Although to be honest, I think the price to upgrade to 7 from Vista would be worth it, although I upgraded from XP and I got my copy of 7 for free, so uh...
 IG-64
10-21-2009, 7:25 PM
Thanks to a heads-up from RoxStar I just purchased Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with the $30 student discount offer: http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/software/windows-7.aspx)
 Samuel Dravis
10-21-2009, 8:25 PM
Thanks to a heads-up from RoxStar I just purchased Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with the $30 student discount offer: http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/software/windows-7.aspxWow), that almost makes me want to get it even if it's not that great of an upgrade. You can even get the Professional edition for $30.
 Anthony
10-22-2009, 11:03 AM
To add what Tie said about its stability compared to vista I can pretty much entirely agree, any actual problem I've had was actually my doing. I tried installing Vista 64bit on this laptop, but half the actual 64 bit drivers wouldnt work. I'm using the 64 bit windows 7 right now, and every single driver that didnt work now does, without ANY issues.

Battery life has also shot up around 30min-1hour depending on use.

Has anyone tried windows xp mode? I'm not too impressed....seems kinda slow to me
 MrWally
10-22-2009, 12:38 PM
To add what Tie said about its stability compared to vista I can pretty much entirely agree, any actual problem I've had was actually my doing. I tried installing Vista 64bit on this laptop, but half the actual 64 bit drivers wouldnt work. I'm using the 64 bit windows 7 right now, and every single driver that didnt work now does, without ANY issues.

Battery life has also shot up around 30min-1hour depending on use.

Has anyone tried windows xp mode? I'm not too impressed....seems kinda slow to me

I tried xp mode once or twice. It seemed "alright", but didn't help me at all. I was trying to get KotOR installed again, and for some reason it wasn't working in Windows 7 so I figured it was a compatibility error and tried it in xp mode. No dice.

Then, the second time I tried it was to see if I could get an old Wacom tablet of mine working. Supposedly they stopped offering support after xp, but I still wasn't able to get the drivers to work, even in xp mode. So yes, I was a bit disappointed in that respect.
 Anthony
10-22-2009, 3:08 PM
Yeah I wouldnt rely on XP mode for either graphics intense games or driver installation. Its basically just a VM running alongside windows 7, much like unity mode in VMware workstation.

You'd have better luck installing those drivers by running them in compatability mode I guess..
 MrWally
10-22-2009, 4:27 PM
Nope. No dice. It appears as if Wacom cripples their drivers in order to force people to upgrade to new tablets...

XP Mode was my last resort.
 Darth Groovy
10-23-2009, 4:17 AM
http://static.gamecrazy.com/images/games/boxart/13786.jpg)

I had this game pre-ordered and paid off because I played it at the Manager's conference and It was a lot of fun.

I am happy to say that this is a game that unlike Fallout 3, this plays like a straight forward FPS game, with many RPG elements of leveling up. The best way I can describe it is that it is like Red Faction Guerrilla meets Bioshock. In other words, you run through the wasteland accepting quests, but all of the bad guys that you kill drop many, many pick ups that can make you level up.

This is my no means a game of the year contender but it IS the perfect game to tide you over until Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 comes out. Average podcast says it takes about 55 hours to beat all of the quests and main game itself. Average online review gives it an 8.5 out of 10.

As of this post, it is currently sold out in my store, as well as all my neighbor stores. That says something.
 DarthAve
10-24-2009, 8:17 PM
Today I participated in my first ever speech and debate tournement.

Basics - I placed, got ranked fourth our of 17 prose/poetry participants. My school had 3 in the top 6 for my category.

Speech talk- Got a lot of good comments, and went 2-3-1. We had the champ in SC, DI, IX, USX, and IMP. Took Second in HI, OO, and PP, and third in DUO and OI. So basically with those stats, my school got Sweeps too. Way to go us!
 Pho3nix
10-24-2009, 9:07 PM
Speech talk- Got a lot of good comments, and went 2-3-1. We had the champ in SC, DI, IX, USX, and IMP. Took Second in HI, OO, and PP, and third in DUO and OI. So basically with those stats, my school got Sweeps too. Way to go us!
What the hell just happened here?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
10-24-2009, 10:48 PM
ave got arrested for driving drunk i think
10-25-2009, 3:40 AM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/1/942201_100428_front.jpg)
Booyeah! Somebody just got me this. (=^D)

However my machine is being obstinate and refuses to read several games. =^?
 BongoBob
10-25-2009, 6:37 AM
Bad thing: Our landlord no longer wants to rent, he wants to sell. And seeing as we are not interested in buying, this means we now have to find someplace else to live within the next month or two.

Good things: With myself hopefully getting that Target job and my mom hopefully getting a job too (she has an interview at Sears in a few weeks) we should be able to afford a new place rather easily.

My friend also is finally fed up with his room-mate (AKA drunk f***stick of a brother) and gave me a call tonight asking if he could move in. Initially it might suck (his job is literally across the f***in city) however he said he'll kick in whatever he needs to and will apply to the target I did since they said they're really short staffed and elsewhere around here.

So yeah, f***in weird day, but all in all it will work out fan-damn-tasticly.

EDIT: Oh yes, and I also scored Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition. It's very nice.
 MrWally
10-25-2009, 2:52 PM

What state are you from? O.o Here in Illinois there are DI, HI, DDA, HDA, OO, OC, OD (AKA Dec), PR, PO (AKA VR/Verse), RS, ES, IS (IMP), and SOS. The, in the State Run, there's PIR and IDA. This year they also added Informative. No idea what it's called since "IS" is already taken.

And hey! 2-3-1 is pretty good! Was it a novice tourney? I was known on our team for having very... controversial pieces. It was common for me to go 1-5-1 or 1-1-6 on a pretty regular basis. *sigh*

I miss Speech!
 DarthAve
10-25-2009, 10:12 PM
What state are you from? O.o Here in Illinois there are DI, HI, DDA, HDA, OO, OC, OD (AKA Dec), PR, PO (AKA VR/Verse), RS, ES, IS (IMP), and SOS. The, in the State Run, there's PIR and IDA. This year they also added Informative. No idea what it's called since "IS" is already taken.

And hey! 2-3-1 is pretty good! Was it a novice tourney? I was known on our team for having very... controversial pieces. It was common for me to go 1-5-1 or 1-1-6 on a pretty regular basis. *sigh*

I miss Speech!
Ohio. Those are ten catagories we have here. Although the catagory I have isn't recognised by NFL, I'm already halfway to a membership! Hot damn!

Mm. Thanks. I know the girl who took 3rd went 4-1-1, and I never hit her. And yeah, it was novice.
 BongoBob
10-26-2009, 5:10 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2rmbpuf.jpg)

On sale at target for $12. Couldn't pass it up.
 Dath Maximus
10-26-2009, 10:24 AM
so a wedding date has been set, July 31st 2010

and heres the wedding site which im still working on, make sure your speakers are on, it has music

http://www.ewedding.com/sites/Apollo986)
 Det. Bart Lasiter
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
good choice of music
10-26-2009, 3:29 PM
Excellent choice of music. Look forward to updates. For now
Appolo and Lauren to be married 7-31-10.
 acdcfanbill
10-26-2009, 4:19 PM
Yea, like a guy in a $6300 suit is going to visit that website! :p
 MrWally
10-26-2009, 4:44 PM
Yea, like a guy in a $6300 suit is going to visit that website! :p

Gob? Is that you?
Page: 120 of 133