Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

AOTC:TC - Demo Released

Page: 1 of 4
 Anakin
04-29-2004, 8:10 PM
JEDI KNIGHT: JEDI ACADEMY MODIFICATION
Description:
Over a year and a half in the making, the Attack of the Clones: Total Conversion mod has finally made its way to the public. With over 100 modifcations to the basejk install, AOTC: TC is designed as a Total Conversion mod; changing almost everything that was in the release version of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Key features include new User Interface and Music from the Attack of the Clones Saga. It's loaded with Admin Commands, Client Commands, Emotes, Options, cVars, New Graphics, Several Bug Fixes. This package also includes never-seen-before maps and models. This mod is the wave of the future for the Jedi Knight Series. Extremely modified to meet anyones expectations, this is truly the only mod you will ever need to get for your server.

Please visit us at http://www.aotctc.com) or on IRC at #aotctc, irc.quakenet.org.

Notes:
The mod has been primarily tested in all modes and gameplay on Win32 servers, however use at your own risk.

Disclaimer:
You do not have permission to decompile or modify this mod in any form or you will be immediatly reported to authorities and brought to justice. The source code will NOT be released for download. This mod may not be re-distributed.

Get ready for Friday/Saterday Morning
 Samuel Dravis
04-29-2004, 8:43 PM
Yay! Thanks! I've been waiting for this. :D
 Tinny
04-29-2004, 8:53 PM
looks awesome bro, thanks for doing all this bro :)
 Kah'Dor
04-29-2004, 9:23 PM
YEA!!!!!!! Ive been waiting for it to come!!!!!!!!!

:guitar2 *plays starwars theme

:vsd: *gos to holo port in Star Destroyer

:holosid: "You have pleased me my padawan...now the AOTC mod is complete."

:speeder: "Sir, its only a demo."

:forkyou: "What did you say?? that its only a DEMO???"

"Guards use him as target practise now!"

:uzi2:
:uzi2: :atpilot: "ut ohh"
:uzi2:

in the end..the pilot payed for his lack of beleaf

:lurkblast bye bye imperial spock.....may scooty be better than u
 sora
04-29-2004, 9:36 PM
so is it finally going to be done. along with all the skins?
 Xemoka
04-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Can't wait for the models and maps :D

Originally posted by Anakin
Disclaimer:
You do not have permission to decompile or modify this mod in any form or you will be immediatly reported to authorities and brought to justice. The source code will NOT be released for download. This mod may not be re-distributed.

Well isn't that just a tad hostile. Considering you dont actually OWN anything that you make for this game.. hmm..

Good Job anyway, been waiting for this FOREVER, i thought the next dawing of Kyle Katarn might have come sooner...
 TK-8252
04-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Yes, you DO own what you make. See some of the recent threads about a certain Republic Gunship mod.
 Xemoka
04-29-2004, 10:58 PM
<shrugs> well.. i guess i'm wrong, i tend not to read posts that contain exorbant amount of complaining or whining, just figured thats how it went in JKA aswell.. anyway i wont take back my remark about that disclaimer being hostile

<EDIT>

well looks like i was wrong, after reading the EULA (wich i should have done first) it looks like the following is the only thing that affects that statement..

(7) By distributing or permitting the distribution of any New Levels, all creators or
owners of any trademark, copyright, or other right, title or interest therein grant to
LucasArts an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable right to distribute or
exploit the New Level by any means or media (whether now known or hereafter
invented), and to create and distribute by any means or media (whether now known or
hereafter invented) derivative works thereof, and to charge for the distribution of such
New Level or such derivative work, with no obligation to account to any creators or
owners of the New Level in any manner.

sorry for bringing this up, lets not make this a flame about it. i should have just left it to saying it sounds hostile... I appologise ANAKIN for saying that it was against the EULA, and the terms and such.
 Prime
04-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Xemoka
sorry for bringing this up, lets not make this a flame about it. i should have just left it to saying it sounds hostile... I appologise ANAKIN for saying that it was against the EULA, and the terms and such. Even though you were initially incorrect, at least you actually made the effort to go and find out what the real answer was. Then you admited you made a mistake. That's a hell of a lot more than many people do around here...
 Lindsey
04-30-2004, 1:06 PM
Can anyone say PARTY?!

Lets hope some servers get this thing up and running soon.
 Kengo
04-30-2004, 2:31 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Even though you were initially incorrect, at least you actually made the effort to go and find out what the real answer was. Then you admited you made a mistake. That's a hell of a lot more than many people do around here...

Actually, I think this is the first time anyone on the internet has admited they were wrong...ever! Congratulations!

Prime, I just noticed you've become a moderator. The World shall end, and this is proof.

I think a demo release is a great idea, I hope it goes well.
 Obi_Kwiet
04-30-2004, 4:12 PM
We will hurt you if you delay this for "two more weeks" and Saterday morning, like Asteriods did. Still, Yea! Been waiting for this for a long time! Thank you! Wheee!
 JediLiberator
04-30-2004, 4:14 PM
Must... Kill... JAR JAR! Lol. This sounds like an excellent mod. I hope it proves to be worth the work the people at AOTCTC put into it. I'm sure there were quite a few wasted hours trying to get stuff to work. It'll be nice to see what you folks have done to improve JA.
 Alegis
04-30-2004, 4:17 PM
this one does seem close, though if you delay it pls only post a next message when its there :p
finally..I was hoping for a demo release so ill be playing JA again
 Kah'Dor
04-30-2004, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by Anakin
JEDI KNIGHT: JEDI ACADEMY MODIFICATION
Description:
Over a year and a half in the making, the Attack of the Clones: Total Conversion mod has finally made its way to the public. With over 100 modifcations to the basejk install, AOTC: TC is designed as a Total Conversion mod; changing almost everything that was in the release version of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Key features include new User Interface and Music from the Attack of the Clones Saga. It's loaded with Admin Commands, Client Commands, Emotes, Options, cVars, New Graphics, Several Bug Fixes. This package also includes never-seen-before maps and models. This mod is the wave of the future for the Jedi Knight Series. Extremely modified to meet anyones expectations, this is truly the only mod you will ever need to get for your server.

Please visit us at http://www.aotctc.com) or on IRC at #aotctc, irc.quakenet.org.

Notes:
The mod has been primarily tested in all modes and gameplay on Win32 servers, however use at your own risk.

Disclaimer:

Get ready for Friday/Saterday Morning

I mean hes right about the mod rights but i dont think u need to bring the "or you will be immediatly reported to authorities and brought to justice" part...anyways....ill be running a server for the mod
 keshire
04-30-2004, 4:50 PM
Not very conducive to communtiy modding now is it.
 Kah'Dor
04-30-2004, 5:09 PM
Originally posted by keshire
Not very conducive to communtiy modding now is it.

nope the jawas will rule the world!!!!!!!!!!

:jawa :jawa :jawa
 TK-8252
04-30-2004, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by Kah'Dor
nope the jawas will rule the world!!!!!!!!!!

:roleyess:
 Kah'Dor
04-30-2004, 5:12 PM
Look at this model from the mod!!!!!!

its ppppeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

http://www.aotctc.com/site/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_screenyatte2.jpg)
 Master William
04-30-2004, 5:23 PM
WOW, can't wait... we'll see a demo, but when will we see the full version?
 Tyler_Durden
04-30-2004, 6:22 PM
Is this a SP or an MP demo?
 Master William
04-30-2004, 6:35 PM
Notes:

I'm guessing it will be MP, if not the demo, atleast the full game will be.
 Obi_Kwiet
04-30-2004, 8:57 PM
HAs that AT-ET been animated yet? Oh and has the Clone carrier been redone. It's too small and it's realy buggy.
 Prime
04-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Kengo
Prime, I just noticed you've become a moderator. The World shall end, and this is proof. Yep, for the KOTOR modding forum.

My journey towards the Dark Side will be complete. :vadar:
 Darth Evol Baby
04-30-2004, 11:24 PM
This game just doesn't end does it?

But where is the link to see what's coming on the ATOC site?

I also see we can donate. It's a shame a group goes to all the trouble to make a big conversion and non one could fork over a measly $15.

Now that I see we can donate I'll be hooking up an account just for that.

If someone is willing to contribute as much as these guys are then I feel it's honorable to contibute back.
 Crow_Nest
05-01-2004, 2:42 AM
Whooo Hoo! After so long its finally coming out!
 Anakin
05-01-2004, 8:35 AM
So many questions!!

Ok yes the AT-ET is animated and will not be in the Demo

Might be in Demo 2 :)

The donations thing, yeah thank $15 is only a suggested payment anything from $5 to $100 is on there :) Im putting some extra money into the bandwidth this month ready for the demo release, thanks to those of you who have donated :)

It is a MP map and demo only - sorry, we are trying to work out what to do about SP, we have had an idea - Co-op in MP which is in part of the code you will be happy to hear.

The posting date will be the 1st of May as my bandwidth cycle starts up again so that will be the release date
 Sam Fisher
05-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Yay, its about time ^^ Been waiting.

BTW, Prime, how did you get that status? Just stuck around at the KotoR Modding forums long enough? ^^
 manoman81
05-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Can't wait to check it out!:clone:
 Kurgan
05-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Good luck guys!
 Kah'Dor
05-01-2004, 9:50 PM
So demo mod comes out tommorow (saturday may 1)?

ill be running a server called AOTCTC mod demo server for 16 ppl.....it will give us the chance to see the new maps skins and vehicles.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: bow down to the great creators of AOTCTC mod!:lsduel: :duel:

NOTE: When searching 4 the server change connection cause i got DSL
 Khier
05-02-2004, 1:02 AM
I was looking more looking forward to the SP component. :(

But I hear MP is similar to that of Siege? If so, I'll definitely look into it.
 Prime
05-02-2004, 3:10 AM
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
BTW, Prime, how did you get that status? Just stuck around at the KotoR Modding forums long enough? ^^ Iwas asked to be a moderator there by Boba Rhett. I guess because I hang out there, but I've also released a few mods and answered lots of questions...

Originally posted by Khier Serakk
I was looking more looking forward to the SP component.Me too. But I'll definitely by trying out the MP portion.
 Dilandau-Sama
05-02-2004, 9:25 AM
I just got the demo, haven't tried it yet.
 Zappa_0
05-02-2004, 9:27 AM
I have just looked at the demo. The biggest new thing about it is the saber stances and the saber color system. Other then that, nothing is really new and exciting. The biggest file in the mod is the video files from Ep II for the menus. Also you have put all vehicles that is already on the site to download. I do like the new menu backgrounds and loading screens. Those are nice, but we all could use more then this little admin modification. When will that map be released, cause the only maps I have seen in the demo where CTF5 and Siege Hoth gametype conversions. Whats up with that?
 FiEND_138
05-02-2004, 9:41 AM
^^^ I believe their site said "the map files will be released later today. "

Any ways, I dig what you all have put together so far (reinstalled JA just for this), can't wait to see the map :D
 Zappa_0
05-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Yea I believe I seen that aswell. But over look at the files we have:

one pk3 with all the video menu edits which is 35 mbs

the pk3 with the main menu music mod which is about 2 mb

then the mod it self which is 5 mb

and last we have about 10 vehicles, which has already been released which equal in size of 6 mb.

So over all you could say atleast for those with 56k, wanting to download the "demo", would be a waist of time. I suggest for those with 56k to get a friend to send u the files you really need to play the mod. I hope that map is good, cause I see very little in what they have really done with the demo.
 Alegis
05-02-2004, 10:46 AM
I havent been able to play it yet but the different gametypes sound nice (co-op; role playing...)..if there is a server i'll play it a lot
 Sam Fisher
05-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Hmm.. my bro is playing it now, (online server) and seems to like it. I for one, think that the saber glows a really to bright.
 Mex
05-02-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry but this is pants. So far all I've seen in this demo is a clip of episode 2 in the menu which takes up like 30mb of the mod, and you've made sabers look really fat and blindingly bright.

I thought this demo was going to be a few player models, a map or two and a couple of other things which improve saber combat. But all you've done is made it worse! You have to scroll through about 15 other saber stances just to get to the one you want! I died tons in fights thanks to that.

Quite frankly, I don't mean to be rude but I'm very disappointed.
 GothiX
05-02-2004, 1:12 PM
According to Chosen One on the AOTCTC Staff Forums, there will be a hotfix soon, which will include at least one new map (Which I know for sure, because I bloody made it myself.)
 Mex
05-02-2004, 1:33 PM
Infact, I take some of that back. I see you have made quite alot of effort into this mod. And it is quite good but these are the things that REALLY need fixing.

The new glow on the sabers - They are horrible. They cover half the screen and are a nuisence.

The new saber stances - AWFUL. You have to scroll over 10 times just to get back to the base JA stances which is not nice.

Other than that, it's pretty good.
 TK-8252
05-02-2004, 2:57 PM
I agree with everything Michael said.

There was really very little in this demo that I haven't seen before elsewhere.
 Master William
05-02-2004, 2:58 PM
I can't say I liked this. I just played a few maps with TK-8252 and Michaelmexp, and this wasn't so impressing... Stances, the too powerful glows, the total bad hit detection and lots of buggy moves... those are some of the reasons.
 Tinny
05-02-2004, 3:00 PM
heyy awsome mod. really really fun :). what's the difference between co-op and rpg and what's the rancor gametype?
 Mex
05-02-2004, 3:01 PM
I also must say that the yellow stance + forward and attack move is a bad idea. The normal stances were fine as they are.

Also, when do you think that a more improved/stable demo will be out? And will you make two different versions? One without the movies and one with? It would be a good idea for 56k'ers.

[Add me to your msn Will!]
 Zappa_0
05-02-2004, 3:44 PM
Yea good idea Micheal, theres alot of dead wieght in the demo. The whole zipped file is 53 mb. The real part of the mod is about 6 mb. Im sure a person with 56k would rather get the smaller file then the large one. Odds if theres only one file and its big, they wont get it. Back to the demo, like I said, I like the stances and the saber glow is cool. I know that the Naboo map is good, Sith J showed me pics of it personally.
 Lei Hng Wei
05-02-2004, 3:57 PM
Crap. A 54mb download and it won't work on a Mac. :mad:
 GothiX
05-02-2004, 4:04 PM
Lei Hng Wei; Anakin will be preparing a Mac version shortly, he's a macintosh who.. user himself.

Zappa, glad you like it. :)
 Obi_Kwiet
05-02-2004, 4:26 PM
Lol. Obvioulsly youve never tried getting anything for BF 1942. 700+MB files. You are weak! 54MB is NOTHING. Download all the TC's and mods for BF1942 and THEN tell me this is bad, cause you aint seen nothin yet. ;-) Mwahahaha! :lightning:
Page: 1 of 4