Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Knights Of The Force TC new Screenshots

Page: 1 of 2
 TimFX
03-07-2004, 9:24 PM
 Autobot Traitor
03-07-2004, 10:29 PM
looks pretty cool but the jabba and leia models look like they had some bad mexican food lol
is this an sp mod that will run the whole length of rotj?
 Miko Reglia
03-07-2004, 11:32 PM
The map looks allright...

However, no offense, but Leia and Jabba...yeah...they're going to need some more work...

Also, you should try making Luke look more like he did in RotJ than he did in JK2 i.e. the clothing...

Keep it up though!
 GothiX
03-08-2004, 7:56 AM
How many of the original authors have given you permission to use their work by now?
 darthVADER
03-08-2004, 9:12 AM
has livingdeadjedi given you premission to use that map?
 TimFX
03-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by darthVADER
has livingdeadjedi given you premission to use that map?

Yes..

we re still taking permission, some of the email addresses give errors and we are still trying to contact them. if you think you can help, click this link

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122405)
 GothiX
03-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by TimFX
we re still taking permission,
Doesn't mean you'll get it. Don't showcase other people's work without full permission to use it.
 Autobot Traitor
03-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Not to offend you or anything and correct me if I'm wrong, but I was just scanning your website and I noticed appart from new menu screens, this mod consists of maps made by other people with some npc's spawned in them?
 Thrawn42689
03-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah, the only work this guy did was put everyone else's work together. :p
 Autobot Traitor
03-08-2004, 11:54 PM
A little off this odd little topic here but what happened to the TMU website Thrawn?
 Cazor
03-09-2004, 2:51 AM
The php scripts made an error with the slq logging and got the memory too low on the server and it got shut down. It will be up soon.

.NOW BACK ON TOPIC

Wrar.
 wedge2211
03-09-2004, 3:32 AM
Pffft...it's spelled "Rawr."
 Cazor
03-09-2004, 3:59 AM
I'm the shaved wookiee here, not you.

It's Wrar.

:)
 GothiX
03-09-2004, 9:08 AM
"FloobleWooble" sounds so much better than those.
 Autobot Traitor
03-09-2004, 10:51 AM
.NOW BACK ON TOPIC

lol, it's four posts later and were still not back on topic.
anyway, Timfx, we havent heard from you much, care to walk us thru what this TC is and does?
 TimFX
03-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Our goal is to create a jedi knight standard including the materials of the star wars
movies and an original, an enjoyable mode. We can also say Expansion Pack of Jedi Knight Series to it. Most of the Models/Maps/Skins/Mods authors gave their support to us. My english is not very fluent so you can take a look at the links given below about the TC.

http://www.kotf.com/newsletter.htm)

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3362)

Other episodes
Episode VI Death Star Emperor and Vader duel
Episode VI Sarlacc
Episode IV Escape from Death Star
Episode V Darth Vader and Luke duel
Episode IV MosEisleyCantina
Episode II Geonosis Hanger
Episode I Duel 0F The Fates and more...

small cinematics...

Knights of the force Total conversion :lightning
Detail www.KotF.com)
Trailer http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=364)

By the way, we didn't reach some of the Models/Maps/Skins/Mods authors that we're thinking to use in the TC. I think their e-mail adresses are wrong. %95 of the authors have given permission.

We're requesting the help of volunteered star wars fans about the authors that we can not reached. If you want to help us, you can take a look at the list below. Night4554, from Theforce.net/games, is responsible for this subject.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122405)
 Mercenary
03-10-2004, 2:43 AM
Do you guys really need the remaining models/maps/skins/mods on the list? It seems this TC has a lot to offer anyway.
 Thrawn42689
03-10-2004, 4:15 AM
Basically, this mod (no, it's not a TC even if he calls it that) is only useful for broadband users with big hard drives. He just took a whole bunch of skins and maps by other people and tossed them into a big pile.

It's not going to become a "standard." Why? Because the majority of people aren't going to go out of their way to spend 5 hours downloading a bunch of stuff, half of which they probably don't want anyway, that they could easily download from this very website. If two people want to play a custom map, they download it. They don't download the huge "Knights of the Force" file pack that has one or two levels that they actually want in it. I wouldn't.

I don't mean to be rude, but that's the truth.
 Autobot Traitor
03-10-2004, 1:02 PM
I'm forced to agree with Thrawn on this. Although I can see you guys have put work into this, it's basicly a huge download of maps and mods I already have. There won't be any elaborat scripting either since you guys dont have the .map file. I suggest that you try to aquire these from the authors and also make an alternate version of th download so that I and others dont have to re-download huge ammounts of model/skins.
 Thrawn42689
03-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Forced to agree with me? Come on now, you know that hurts my feelings. :p
 Autobot Traitor
03-11-2004, 10:56 AM
lol, I mean I wholeheartedly agree with you:)
 TimFX
03-11-2004, 2:30 PM
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
Basically, this mod (no, it's not a TC even if he calls it that) is only useful for broadband users with big hard drives. He just took a whole bunch of skins and maps by other people and tossed them into a big pile.
It's not going to become a "standard." Why? Because the majority of people aren't going to go out of their way to spend 5 hours downloading a bunch of stuff, half of which they probably don't want anyway, that they could easily download from this very website. If two people want to play a custom map, they download it. They don't download the huge "Knights of the Force" file pack that has one or two levels that they actually want in it. I wouldn't.I don't mean to be rude, but that's the truth.

You're wrong I received hundreds of e-mails.lots of starwars fans are waiting to see the project finished and published plus the game will be able to get from the gamer portal sites on cd for who cannot download from the net.and there are lots of skins,mods,scripts and new features that I added to the game.I cannot tell everything but I'll do my best to tell'em here.

lots of models,skins and the errors on the maps are edited as the original ones in the films.the voices og the characters are edited ,too and now they have the original voices just like in the movies.plus the personal features are added to the bots and npc's(guns,weight,race..)and all the maps are re-edited to have bot support.and they're put in the map selection menu in the starwars chronological queue.and the game is powered with the current mods and the specilites of them are added to the game,too.plus there's a menu to play the new sp chapters or the popular mp modes http://www.pcgamemods.com/3362)

plus the gaming portals which I have contacted are going to set servers by using this expansion.the starwars fans who has this expansion will be able to play with the film characters and ind the film places .and they're going to have a different taste than the jedi academy.plus the game will be updated in time...

the expansion includes all the starwars characters so you can use dark team vs. light team instead of red-blue team.dark team will include the darksiders and the light team will include the jedi's and the rebels so there will be more enjoyful clan matches

this expansion is just a fanmade thing and if you play the game just to get rid of stress and kill someone on the net you don'T need the expansion.and I think you download skins and modes by your own.like playing the matrix in jedi knight.but if you want to feel that you're in the starwars universe with jedi academy you will love the expansion.of course everyone doesn't have to like the expansion.the aim of this expansion is the starwars fans who wants to play the game like this.I respect the thoughts off all...
 Autobot Traitor
03-11-2004, 3:57 PM
Thanks for better explaining that for us Tim. The website didnt go into that much detail.
 Mongo05
03-13-2004, 2:44 AM
I know, thrawn is pissing me off....He thinks that TMU is all that but you know what! they dont even have any progress and i bet the whole mod is gonna be abandoned in a few months....I think Tim has been working very hard on this mod and has a lot to offer.......

This mod will actually come out and will actaully entertain people. Tim did a lot more than use other peoples work..There are NEw bot systems and all other sorts...Get your game strait thrawn because it doesnt seem like youre in the right one.
 Thrawn42689
03-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Mongo05
I know, thrawn is pissing me off....He thinks that TMU is all that but you know what! they dont even have any progress and i bet the whole mod is gonna be abandoned in a few months....I think Tim has been working very hard on this mod and has a lot to offer.......

This mod will actually come out and will actaully entertain people. Tim did a lot more than use other peoples work..There are NEw bot systems and all other sorts...Get your game strait thrawn because it doesnt seem like youre in the right one.

Do you mod? Do you know which aspects of modding take practice and hard work and which don't? Do you know anything about intellectual copyright laws and the legality of using other people's work without permission? If you answered "no" to any of these questions, then shut up and leave me alone. I know you're big fan of this whole thing for reasons I can't comprehend, but that doesn't give you the right to flame me.

Tim, your explanation helped a lot, and I see what you're trying to do. It would work for RPG, to some extent. I'm glad you have a sizable fanbase as well (lets hope most of them are a bit more pleasant people than our buddy "Mongo" there). But I was wondering, what if somebody wants to play some of the levels with a mod? If your project really is a mod, they wouldn't be able to load any other mods. That wouldn't be too much fun--so are you going to release it as a pack version as well, so that people can play with third-party mods?
 Mongo05
03-14-2004, 2:00 PM
KOTF is the only mod i think that will actually come out some time soon other than AOTCTC mod....The rest like TMU and those other b/s mods are gonna be abandoned in the near future...
 GothiX
03-14-2004, 2:36 PM
Except for the fact that there's no way that TMu gets abandoned as long as I'm still alive, and that Tim still needs permission from various authors, hence his mod is still illegal. Note me saying "mod", because this isn't a real TC.
 Thrawn42689
03-14-2004, 3:26 PM
GothiX--It's not even a mod, either. It's a level/skin pack. :P

Mongo, I'm not going to talk to you anymore because it's obvious you're either a friend of TimFX and will support anything he does, or else you're a die-hard fanboy who will support anything he does. I notice that you're one of the very few people registered on the KotF forum, for one thing. Anyway, to respond to your other comment, the reason this is closer to release is that he's not doing anything other than downloading a bunch of maps, and renaming them and adding botroutes. Not that hard to do.

TimFX--If an author's email address doesn't work, you may not use their creations. I also suggest that when you release this, you include a list of the authors' names, their contact information, AND their websites (if applicable) just for the sake of completeness and giving credit where it is due.
 TimFX
03-14-2004, 8:31 PM

TimFX--If an author's email address doesn't work, you may not use their creations. I also suggest that when you release this, you include a list of the authors' names, their contact information, AND their websites (if applicable) just for the sake of completeness and giving credit where it is due.

I already do not plan to use the creations of the authors who I couldn't get permission.the readme's which belongs to the mods will be included in the package.the mod willbe available to work with other mods I preapare it in that way.thanks for sharing your opinions
 Eldritch
03-14-2004, 8:48 PM
Originally posted by TimFX
I already do not plan to use the creations of the authors who I couldn't get permission.the readme's which belongs to the mods will be included in the package.the mod willbe available to work with other mods I preapare it in that way.thanks for sharing your opinions
If you submit it to PCGM, make sure that you mention what you took (and who you took it from) in your own readme. If I don't see that, it won't stay hosted for long.
 Mongo05
03-15-2004, 1:01 AM
ahh i just wish this mod would come out soon...
 Andy867
03-15-2004, 2:30 PM
GothiX--It's not even a mod, either. It's a level/skin pack. :P

Actually, technically anything that changes the game from its original OOBE that isnt official from the game developer is a mod as in modification or the act of changing something, So adding a model is a mod, changing a skin is a mod. The community recognizes it though as only when coding gets changed that its a mod, which if a false thinking. Though for me, I know how to perceive it. Just thought I'd throw that out at people.
 Thrawn42689
03-15-2004, 2:53 PM
Good point. I stand corrected. ;)
 TimFX
03-16-2004, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
If you submit it to PCGM, make sure that you mention what you took (and who you took it from) in your own readme. If I don't see that, it won't stay hosted for long.

I agree

there is the list now (credits) and it will appear in the installation of the mod.
 SiThLoRd><1000
03-17-2004, 5:27 AM
I'm not trying to start something, but have you (Thrawn) recieved permission to create a Matrix TC? They have a computer game out and I'm surprised they haven't bugged you guys about "taking sales from them..." (At least that's what's happening to many things in the BF1942 & UT2003 communities)
 GothiX
03-17-2004, 8:03 AM
TMU is fan art.
 Mongo05
03-17-2004, 9:37 AM
Pardon my french...but TMU is ****....come on the team is led by a 15 year old
 GothiX
03-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Age doesn't matter much. Cazor can be pretty mature for his "only 15 years".
 Miko Reglia
03-17-2004, 10:05 PM
your not much older Mongo, your profile says you were born in '88...

at least Cazor has the balls to run TMU, and has great skills at mapping...

now that shows maturity, and thats why TMU is still in progress...

sorry if i start up any more arguments, but i had to be heard.

next time if anyone cant mod, then dont criticize other people's works in a hateful manner like what mongo did, because you cant do the work they do, simple as that.:)
 Mongo05
03-18-2004, 12:17 AM
lol thats why i am registered at epic games
 Arkon11
03-18-2004, 6:16 PM
I don't want to seem like I'm barging in here but, Mongo, I would just leave Thrawn alone and stop cutting down TMU. It is a mod that has great potential, and who gives a damn that it's being lead by a 15 year old. It's a 15 year old with a heck alot of skill. So I suggest you lay off.
 Mongo05
03-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Well i dont like Thrawn Putting down Kotf mod because he has no idea what tim is doing and how hard he is working for this mod....So he doesnt need to be dissing him on his mod when TMU is **** and isnt nearliy as good.
 -=DarkZero=-
03-18-2004, 11:59 PM
Mongo just shut up and getback to topic, You have no idea what you're doing and you should have quit while you were ahead. Thrawn is done talking smack, now let this crap alone, and get back to what's important, the progress of the mod.

--------------------------Argument Complete---------------------
 SiThLoRd><1000
03-19-2004, 12:24 AM
What was that supposed to mean, GothicX? Fan art? It's a mod and like mods for BF & UT2003 (GC, Homefront, Troopers, etc.) they contain intellectual property of movies & such. Those mods aren't out to make $$$, so they're "fan art" and are still getting crap from LucasArts and others.
 GothiX
03-19-2004, 7:23 AM
The Wachowski brothers have a different policy.

Mongo05, TMU is actually doing more work, at a higher level. This is just a grab'n'pack job, whilst TMU uses specific work, created for the sole purpose of being in TMU.
 Mongo05
03-19-2004, 9:45 AM
Well i know TMU is never gonna get done....And the progress that is shown on the site shows it...It looks like theyre a bunch of matrix skins and matrix maps in melee mode...No difference..KOTF actually has 30 sp missions...
 Arkon11
03-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by GothiX
The Wachowski brothers have a different policy.

Mongo05, TMU is actually doing more work, at a higher level. This is just a grab'n'pack job, whilst TMU uses specific work, created for the sole purpose of being in TMU.

We win, now as Dante said, lets get back on topic
 Mongo05
03-20-2004, 12:49 AM
Yeah i want this mod to come out really bad....
 GothiX
03-20-2004, 9:45 AM
Correction: 30 MP maps with NPC's thrown in.
 lassev
03-20-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by GothiX
Correction: 30 MP maps with NPC's thrown in.

Ah, that's too bad. Thirty SP maps would have kept me occupied even with friendly competition for a good long while...
Page: 1 of 2