Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Page: 24 of 38
 Achilles
03-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Works everytime for me. Are you running any kind of firewall software that might be blocking it?
 Lorden Darkblade
03-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah I use Norton Internet Security 2004 but I created a rule to not block it.
I always do that when I install progs I trust that connect the net.
Well anyway, it's not a big deal I'm just lazy to make 2 clicks (favourite and enter) to go to the site :p
 Fred Tetra
03-08-2005, 1:46 PM
Uchiha Itachi - Sent you a test program to evaluate a possible fix for international characters in GFF files.

If anyone else would like to help in this test, just ask.
 Lorden Darkblade
03-08-2005, 2:19 PM
A question, can I install that one and have both of them installed and working?
The test and the normal one?
Cuz I'll use this trial just for testing like saving files after they were saved once to see if it works.
 Fred Tetra
03-08-2005, 2:47 PM
I probably should have included more instructions...

[list=1]
Unzip the file to a temporary directory
Rename it to something other than Kotor Tool.exe so it doesn't conflict with the current tool (I should have done this - Doh!)
Copy it to the Kotor Tool installation directory
Run it
[/list=1]

The test version doesn't "need" any of your files to do the test, but it still does the same startup procedure (auto-detect) so it's best to place it in the Kotor Tool installation directory.

You can (and should) delete it after the test.
 Darth333
03-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Fred, your PM mailbox is full again :( (make sure you delete the sent items!)

Just wanted to thank you for the maps and tell you that the map page at StarWarsKnights.com is ready: http://www.starwarsknights.com/maps.php)

It is accessible via the modding tools page: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)

Let us know if you would like to see any changes or if you have suggestions concerning the page :)
 Fred Tetra
03-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Fred, your PM mailbox is full again :( (make sure you delete the sent items!)

Just wanted to thank you for the maps and tell you that the map page at StarWarsKnights.com is ready: http://www.starwarsknights.com/maps.php)

It is accessible via the modding tools page: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)

Let us know if you would like to see any changes or if you have suggestions concerning the page :)

Thanks for getting it up so quickly!

The only addition I'd make is to mention that installation instructions and a Module editor quck-start guide are included with each file. Oh, and also that the maps are only for KotOR I at present. (for those who miss the obvious, heh heh).

RE: PM box - I didn't think of the Sent Items taking up space! Doh!

EDIT - I've added link from my Kotor Tool downloads section to the map page.
 Fred Tetra
03-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Just an update on what's different between the US and some of the international versions I've been looking at -

The differences occur in two files: gui.bif and scripts.bif.

In gui.bif, there are 5 changes to values in the computer_p.gui file.

In scripts.bif, the bug in nwscript.nss exists (documented elsewhere) and the range for a force power was extended by a small amount in k_inc_force.nss.

I'll be making adjustments to Kotor Tool in a future version to ignore these so that my international users don't get the chitin.key warning message needlessly.
 Fred Tetra
03-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Here's some text exerpted from the "How To" file that comes with the new Kotor Tool Module editor maps, just to show that it isn't that hard to start experimenting with modules:

Getting started
---------------

To try out the Module editor, let us assume you want to work with the South Apartments
on Taris, which is the tar_m02aa set in the KotOR I | RIMs | Modules tree. You'll need the maps (http://www.starwarsknights.com/maps/mapm02aa.zip) installed.

1) Open the treeview to KotOR I | RIMs | Modules
2) Locate the node named tar_m02aa.rim
3) Right-click on the node and select "Extract for Module editing"
4) In the Browse for Folder dialog, create a new folder for the module files and select it.
5) After extraction is complete, you will be prompted to decide whether the module editor will open to the extract folder. Choose "Yes"
6) Click the Module editor button on the main Kotor Tool window
7) The folder you extracted to should be selected. If not, do so. Click OK.
8) You will be prompted to select the KotOR version, select KotOR I.
9) Assuming you copied both the mapm02aa.map and mapm02aa_lg.map files to the Map directory, you will be prompted to select the map resolution. If you have a larger monitor, select "Yes". Some modules have just a high or low resolution map, in this case it will automatically use it.
10) Edit the module. For example, drag a Creature from the right-hand tree to the map, then click the Save button.
11) Choose "Save" from the File menu to save your changes to the .git file.
12) Copy the contents of your Module Project folder to KotOR's Override folder or use the "Copy Project to Override Folder" menu item.
13) Load up KotOR and warp or walk to the Taris apartment ring where the Hideout is.

Remember, the Module editor is a Work-In-Progress. No real support for it can be offered at this time.
 Mikon Orod
03-09-2005, 7:17 AM
Fantastic, Fred, you're amazing!
Thanks for the great work for the community... and thanks to starwarsknights.com!

just a note ( :p ): I cannot place anything (creatures, droids, and so on) from the right side palette window. I'm missing something from the readme file?

:)
 Fred Tetra
03-09-2005, 9:27 AM
Originally posted by Mikon Orod
Fantastic, Fred, you're amazing!
Thanks for the great work for the community... and thanks to starwarsknights.com!

You're welcome!

just a note ( :p ): I cannot place anything (creatures, droids, and so on) from the right side palette window. I'm missing something from the readme file?

:)

Are you dragging them from the palette onto the map surface?
(Click and hold on desired item, drag to map surface, release)
 Shadow Blaze
03-09-2005, 9:47 AM
Nice work fred now all it needs is a texture editor and it wil be even more of a fantastic tool. I will have to toy around with that module editor later.
 Mikon Orod
03-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Are you dragging them from the palette onto the map surface?
(Click and hold on desired item, drag to map surface, release)

Yes, sure, but when I release the (left :p ) mouse button, nothing is placed...

:confused:
 Darth_ToMeR
03-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I have problem with KT. I downloaded the latest version, and when I'm trying to open GFF files with it, it say "Error, can't find 'D:\dialog.tlk' file" or something like that, and my game installed at d:\program files\lucasarts\swkotor2 . Before I downloaded the latest version, it worked fine.
 Fred Tetra
03-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
I have problem with KT. I downloaded the latest version, and when I'm trying to open GFF files with it, it say "Error, can't find 'D:\dialog.tlk' file" or something like that, and my game installed at d:\program files\lucasarts\swkotor2 . Before I downloaded the latest version, it worked fine.

You haven't given me enough details at this point. :)

1) What is the Kotor Tool version? (Sometimes people say 'the latest' only to find out that they're 1-4 versions behind; how I don't now...)

2) What GFF file are you trying to open?
(a) Is it one on your hard drive, opened via the File | Open GFF....
(b) Is it one from the treeview, via a double-click?
(c) Is it one you double-clicked on that caused Kotor Tool to open?

3) What version of KotOR is the file associated with, I or II:TSL?

4) What was the exact error message produced? If the dialog box with the "Details" button is shown, I need the stack trace up to the "Loaded Assemblies" part.
 Darth_ToMeR
03-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Fred Tetra
You haven't given me enough details at this point. :)

1) What is the Kotor Tool version? (Sometimes people say 'the latest' only to find out that they're 1-4 versions behind; how I don't now...)

2) What GFF file are you trying to open?

3) What version of KotOR is the file associated with, I or II:TSL?

4) What was the exact error message produced? If the dialog box with the "Details" button is shown, I need the stack trace up to the "Loaded Assemblies" part.
OK,
1) 1.0.1892.29047
2) I'm trying to open .uti file that I did. I opened it from File->Open GFF...
3) Kotor II.
4) It says "An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue..........."
"Could not find file "D:\dialog.tlk".
When I click on 'Details'-

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "D:\dialog.tlk".
File name: "D:\dialog.tlk"
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at kotor_tool.clsDialogTlk..ctor(String path, Boolean memoryResident)
at kotor_tool.clsGFF..ctor(FileStream fs, Int32 KotorVerIndex)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.GetGFFFileKotorVersionIndex(Str ing filepath)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.OpenGFFFileInEditor(String filepath, Int32 formLocationOffset)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.miOpenGFFFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
 sketch42
03-09-2005, 1:05 PM
whenever i open an edited dlg file and try to save the new changes i get this error... and it wont allow me to save the changes i have to quit

also( i was just wondering... in utc files i cant find the Min1Hp selection box... i see them in utp files though

http://www.imagemonster.org/getimg/dlgerror.gif)
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at kotor_tool.clsGFF.FixGffListRefs(Int32 removedStructIndex)
at kotor_tool.clsGFF.ClearListElements(String PathToList)
at kotor_tool.frmDialogEditor.SaveFile()
at kotor_tool.frmDialogEditor.miSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
 Fred Tetra
03-09-2005, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
OK,
1) 1.0.1892.29047
2) I'm trying to open .uti file that I did. I opened it from File->Open GFF...
3) Kotor II.
4) It says "An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue..........."
"Could not find file "D:\dialog.tlk".
When I click on 'Details'-

Next time, leave the part below off, as it clutters up the post too much and is not useful anyway :)

v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I found the source of the problem.

The new function that determines the embedded game version for a GFF file was always trying to use KotOR I's Dialog.tlk file.
It didn't really need it, but it was trying to load it anyway when the GFF class that is actually used to look up the info was created. So if you didn't have KotOR I installed, you got an error.

The fix I implemented was to allow a GFF (for lookup purposes) to be created without a dialog.tlk being loaded and extra logic added to handle various combinations of embedded game data present/absent and K1 only installed/K2 only installed/both installed.
 Darth_ToMeR
03-09-2005, 4:58 PM
Well, thanks. :)
 Fred Tetra
03-09-2005, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by sketch42
whenever i open an edited dlg file and try to save the new changes i get this error... and it wont allow me to save the changes i have to quit

also( i was just wondering... in utc files i cant find the Min1Hp selection box... i see them in utp files though

I tried opening/editing/saving/re-opening files for both K1 and 2, but could no duplicate the error you were getting.

As for the Min1HP field, when I looked over Creature files during the initial development of Kotor Tool, I did not see that field, hence no checkbox is present in the editor for that type of file.

Can you give me an example of a file that does? (mention which game it is from, too!)
 Fred Tetra
03-09-2005, 5:21 PM
BTW, Darth_ToMeR and sketch42, thanks for removing the excess text from your error messages! :) *

* are you sure about who did this? I think you underestimate the power of the darkside... :D
-Darth333

Aww, and I thought the members where just being super-considerate... and prompt! I did think it a bit interesting that they *both* complied so quickly! :)
 sketch42
03-09-2005, 6:43 PM
I tried opening/editing/saving/re-opening files for both K1 and 2, but could no duplicate the error you were getting.

it happens after i close KT and than reopen the dlg ...

As for the Min1HP field, when I looked over Creature files during the initial development of Kotor Tool, I did not see that field, hence no checkbox is present in the editor for that type of file.

Can you give me an example of a file that does? (mention which game it is from, too!)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1497806&highlight=Min1Hp#post1497806)

http://www.imagemonster.org/getimg/Min1HP.gif)
 Fred Tetra
03-09-2005, 11:38 PM
it happens after i close KT and than reopen the dlg ...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1497806&highlight=Min1Hp#post1497806)

http://www.imagemonster.org/getimg/Min1HP.gif)

Well, I tried opening a previously edited file and I had no problems. Email me the file that's giving you trouble.

As for the Min1HP field, I'll put it on the to-do list just for you. :)
 sketch42
03-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Well, I tried opening a previously edited file and I had no problems. Email me the file that's giving you trouble.

As for the Min1HP field, I'll put it on the to-do list just for you. :)

well its happening to any dlg file i make in KT.. but yeah ill email you one of em... dont laugh at the contents of the file though..lol... im stilll laying around with all this.. and thanks about the Min1 cuz i couldve sworn ive seen it in an older vers of KT ... whats your email??
 Fred Tetra
03-10-2005, 1:05 AM
It's right in Kotor Tool's 'About...' box.
 sketch42
03-10-2005, 1:37 AM
It's right in Kotor Tool's 'About...' box. lol who reads the abouts.. :p... sent :D
 The Source
03-10-2005, 12:09 PM
When I try to alter the inventory for placeables, I hit the inventory options in the choice of placeabel, and then KOTOR Tool either crashes or gives me an error. I am trying to alter the inventory of a KOTOR II placeable.
 Fred Tetra
03-10-2005, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by MacLeodCorp
When I try to alter the inventory for placeables, I hit the inventory options in the choice of placeabel, and then KOTOR Tool either crashes or gives me an error. I am trying to alter the inventory of a KOTOR II placeable.

You didn't include quite enough information. I need to know (and this would be helpful for anyone to post when they're having problems):

1) What is the Kotor Tool version number? (Sometimes people say 'the latest' and only later do I find out that they're 1-4 versions behind; how I don't know...)

2) What GFF file are you trying to open - name and opening method?

3) What version of KotOR is the file associated with, I or II:TSL? (yes you mentioned; this is to remind others)

4) What was the exact error message produced? If the dialog box with the "Details" button is shown, I need the stack trace up to but not including the "Loaded Assemblies" part or anything after it.

5) Which KotOR games do you have installed? I, II or both?

6) Did you ever edit this file outside of Kotor Tool?
 sketch42
03-10-2005, 5:57 PM
fred 2 things... first have you found anything on the dlg file prob i was having? and second

as of right now i have all my utc files set to open with KT on click .. the problem with this is.. whenever i open a new UTx file(thats on my Harddrive) a new KT opens up.. so i can have 2 or more KT programs opened at all times... this is more of an annoyance..

TIA
 Fred Tetra
03-10-2005, 11:10 PM
fred 2 things... first have you found anything on the dlg file prob i was having? and second

as of right now i have all my utc files set to open with KT on click .. the problem with this is.. whenever i open a new UTx file(thats on my Harddrive) a new KT opens up.. so i can have 2 or more KT programs opened at all times... this is more of an annoyance..

TIA

Your email just showed up - and I have no problem opening the file. The dialogue is pretty funny, too!
well its on what we like to call the internet.. just type in your web browser www.starwarsknights.com) and follow the links to holowon labs

But is does crash when you try to save it back out again. I'll be taking a look at it.

As for the multiple instances of Kotor Tool, I haven't found a way to work around that yet. I'm not sure how other windows programs handle that either.
 The Regent
03-11-2005, 4:32 AM
In case anybody didn't know, CChargin has a new version of MDLOps that works with TSL.

By the way, great tool, Fred. :D
 Fred Tetra
03-11-2005, 9:59 AM
Originally posted by The Regent
In case anybody didn't know, CChargin has a new version of MDLOps that works with TSL.

By the way, great tool, Fred. :D

Actually, I have already re-written it for direct use within Kotor Tool (just like prior versions). I just have to do a bit more testing before I can include it in the next release.

Oh, and Thanks!
 sketch42
03-11-2005, 1:15 PM
Your email just showed up - and I have no problem opening the file. The dialogue is pretty funny, too!

well its on what we like to call the internet.. just type in your web browser www.starwarsknights.com) and follow the links to holowon labs

hehe you should hear how i recorded it.. lol i did my deepest southern accent for that voice.. lol
 ste87
03-11-2005, 3:13 PM
got an error with the tool.... ( version 1.0.1892.29047)
everytime i edit an item the editor wont save the correct TemplateResRef, if i load the item after saving it the field is empty, i've tried loading the items with Kse and i get many errors
 Leviathan
03-12-2005, 10:42 AM
I would wish to know how I can open all *.DLG files with tk102's DLGEditor in KotOR Tool, instead of the integrated dialogs' edition "module"...
Could you help me, please ?...
 Darkkender
03-12-2005, 1:32 PM
Originally posted by Leviathan
I would wish to know how I can open all *.DLG files with tk102's DLGEditor in KotOR Tool, instead of the integrated dialogs' edition "module"...

The long and the short of it is you open each of the dialogues in kotor tool and decide which one you need then you extract it from dialogue erf file. Now open it in TK's utility. Voila your set.
 Malivolus
03-12-2005, 5:03 PM
I have the same exact problem as MacLeodCorp, this happens when using GFF editor, to replicate take any uti file in the game, open it from within KT by doubleclicking, edit something, then save the file, now when I use the edited file in the game it does not show up, or is plain weird. If I try to open it after saving using "file->Open GFF files" it crashes with error about unhandled exception (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at kotor_tool.clsGFF.GFFReadField(GFFFieldEntry fieldEntry)
at kotor_tool.clsGFF.GFFReadStruct(GFFStructEntry& structEntry)
at kotor_tool.clsGFF.Parse(Byte[] bytes)
at kotor_tool.clsGFF..ctor(FileStream fs, Int32 KotorVerIndex)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.GetGFFFileKotorVersionIndex(Str ing filepath)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.OpenGFFFileInEditor(String filepath, Int32 formLocationOffset)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.miOpenGFFFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
 Fred Tetra
03-12-2005, 9:57 PM
A number of bugs that were apparently never "activated" in the GFF-handling code in Kotor Tool made themselves evident after updating it to support TSL.

I found a really big one yesterday that was the cause of (as far as I can tell) the errors many of you are having.

For the technically-mined out there, when a GFF List had it's elements cleared, I was not taking into account the fact that some of the members of the list could be lists themselves or structs that contained lists as one of their fields. This caused there to be "orphan" structs left behind that "belonged" to no one and threw off all sorts of size calculations and structure counts.

Despite this major oversight, all of the UT* editors worked fine up unti TSL's release, when I discovered minor bug in the list updating code, which, when fixed, caused the aforementioned problem to become evident when people saved their files back out.

I think I've fixed this by doing a recursive search amongst the list elements for lists and structs, removing and updating data from the leaf lists back up to the parent list we were trying to clear.

This fix should be present in the next release of Kotor Tool.
 sketch42
03-12-2005, 10:16 PM
A number of bugs that were apparently never "activated" in the GFF-handling code in Kotor Tool made themselves evident after updating it to support TSL.

I found a really big one yesterday that was the cause of (as far as I can tell) the errors many of you are having.

For the technically-mined out there, when a GFF List had it's elements cleared, I was not taking into account the fact that some of the members of the list could be lists themselves or structs that contained lists as one of their fields. This caused there to be "orphan" structs left behind that "belonged" to no one and threw off all sorts of size calculations and structure counts.

Despite this major oversight, all of the UT* editors worked fine up unti TSL's release, when I discovered minor bug in the list updating code, which, when fixed, caused the aforementioned problem to become evident when people saved their files back out.

I think I've fixed this by doing a recursive search amongst the list elements for lists and structs, removing and updating data from the leaf lists back up to the parent list we were trying to clear.

This fix should be present in the next release of Kotor Tool.

is this bug only with gff files or with dlg files as well?
 operagh0st
03-13-2005, 12:50 AM
Hi Fred,

Sorry to hit you with this, considering how great (and how free!) your tool is, but...

Whenever I export a Kotor2 2DA to XML; upon importing the XML I get the following message when attempting to save back to 2DA:

The columns added via the Show Strings function will be removed so that the file can be saved properly.

...after which, all colums of data (with the exception of "Row Label") disappear.

This occurs even if I haven't edited the XML before import.

I have the latest version of Kotor Tool, and have both Kotor 1 and 2 installed on my computer.

Is there a work-around for this, or maybe an upcoming fix?

Thanks.
 Fred Tetra
03-13-2005, 10:14 AM
is this bug only with gff files or with dlg files as well?

DLG files are GFF-based, (that's why you can open them in the Bioware GFF editor), so it does affect them, too.
 Fred Tetra
03-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by operagh0st
Hi Fred,

Sorry to hit you with this, considering how great (and how free!) your tool is, but...

Whenever I export a Kotor2 2DA to XML; upon importing the XML I get the following message when attempting to save back to 2DA:

The columns added via the Show Strings function will be removed so that the file can be saved properly.

...after which, all colums of data (with the exception of "Row Label") disappear.

This occurs even if I haven't edited the XML before import.

I have the latest version of Kotor Tool, and have both Kotor 1 and 2 installed on my computer.

Is there a work-around for this, or maybe an upcoming fix?

Thanks.

It's OK to mention problems with Kotor Tool, my users are one of the best sources of info! It'd be hard (and time-consuming) to test every feature for every release!

I was unaware of the probelm you're having; I will take a look into it.
 Leviathan
03-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Leviathan

The long and the short of it is you open each of the dialogues in kotor tool and decide which one you need then you extract it from dialogue erf file. Now open it in TK's utility. Voila your set.
So, I suppose that there's no means to open dialog files with tk102's DLGEditor directly in KotOR Tool...
Thanks anyway !...
 Darkkender
03-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Hey Fred if I understand your technical details on the GFF file editing. Does this string of bugs and there apropriate fix address a problem I am discovering in KOTOR Tool. That is I create my new UTC file just fine however whenever I wish to make certain changes such as saving my portraits choice in particular. It seems to not save and write the new data to the UTC file. It just reverts back to the default portraits option.
 Fred Tetra
03-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Darkkender
Hey Fred if I understand your technical details on the GFF file editing. Does this string of bugs and there apropriate fix address a problem I am discovering in KOTOR Tool. That is I create my new UTC file just fine however whenever I wish to make certain changes such as saving my portraits choice in particular. It seems to not save and write the new data to the UTC file. It just reverts back to the default portraits option.

Since the GFF support in Kotor Tool is essential to every UT* editor and the Conversation and Module editors, I wouldn't be surprised if the bug I found was the cause.
 Fred Tetra
03-15-2005, 10:32 AM
A new version of Kotor Tool will be posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.1900.17897 (2005-3-14 11:52)

Features/updates:

Fixed bug in GFF class that caused data corruption when Lists were manipulated under certain conditions.
Module editor now looks in Kotor Tool directory for Mapinfo.bfd file.
Beta code added to GFF class to handle international characters better.
Fixed bug in 2DA editor that would sometimes cause problems when loading an XML format file.
Check for Updates function will no longer try to download while new version is being uploaded.
 CorSton
03-15-2005, 10:50 AM
"unable to load Mapinfo.bfd"

...but the file is in the KT folder...
 Lorden Darkblade
03-15-2005, 10:55 AM
:D
great!!!
thanks a lot Fred. i'll download it as soon as it is out.
 Fred Tetra
03-15-2005, 2:40 PM

v1.0.1900.17897 (2005-3-14 11:52)

Features/updates:

Fixed bug in GFF class that caused data corruption when Lists were manipulated under certain conditions.
Module editor now looks in Kotor Tool directory for Mapinfo.bfd file.
Beta code added to GFF class to handle international characters better.
Fixed bug in 2DA editor that would sometimes cause problems when loading an XML format file.
Check for Updates function will no longer try to download while new version is being uploaded.

I completely forgot to mention that this release of Kotor Tool includes a new version of MDLOps that supports TSL models, customized for GUI-less operation.

You can now extract TSL models just like in the KotOR I portion of the treeview.

Those of you who'd asked about maps for the Module editor will be happy to know that the initial tests I have done proved to work out OK.

If anyone is interested in helping make maps for KotOR I or TSL, you can read the instructions here (http://kotortool.home.comcast.net/assembling_maps.htm)
 Fred Tetra
03-15-2005, 11:44 PM

v1.0.1900.40262 (2005-3-15 23:27)

Features/updates:

Simplified the Path Manager interface
Added support for NwnNSSComp 1.02 to the Project Manager
Project Manager now reports error when script compilation fails and gives option to continue or quit.
Fixed bug in window size persistence code
Added Widow Size and Location persistence for Project Manager

The instructions for using the Project Manager for compiling scripts are here (http://kotortool.home.comcast.net/ProjectManager/KotorTool_ProjectMgr_HowTo_Scripts.htm)
Page: 24 of 38