Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Page: 26 of 38
 Daiko701
04-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Darth Melignous
JIC (Just In Case) you don't want a pic you can copy on your site or just wanted something a little different try this:

Clickie Clickie (http://www.gilliamgraphics.com/Freddieflashie.swf)

It has a couple of sabers in it that change out to give you a "neutral" feel not sith or jedi :D

And I'm waiting for some design files to upload so I thought I'd make this really quick in addition to the other two jpg's

Ok so I was wrong, this one is the best. Truely a great submission.
 svцsh
04-12-2005, 1:02 AM
Here is my go at it http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p13718787.html)

Although I designed this for the MMP site back for k1 , a few changes and it has new life

If I have more time I’ll try a least one more

svцsh
 LegionUK
04-12-2005, 11:32 AM
What registry entries does Kotor Tool check against when it starts up to find Kotor/Kotor2?

Just asking as i've recently (read yesterday) had to reinstall windows and am being too lazy to sit through a four disc reinstall of Kotor2 too... (the game runs fine without the registry entries... it's just KT that doesn't).
 Fred Tetra
04-12-2005, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by LegionUK
What registry entries does Kotor Tool check against when it starts up to find Kotor/Kotor2?

Just asking as i've recently (read yesterday) had to reinstall windows and am being too lazy to sit through a four disc reinstall of Kotor2 too... (the game runs fine without the registry entries... it's just KT that doesn't).

It looks for the "path" keys.
 Fred Tetra
04-12-2005, 1:51 PM
A new version of Kotor Tool has been sent to VIP users* today.

v1.0.1927.26112 (2005-4-12 13:30) (VIP release)

* Added a Dialog.tlk viewer w/XML export
* Added a PWK Editor with partial support for DWK files
* Fixed bug in Module editor that was causing it to not find Mapinfo.bfd file
* Changed description for MDX files in treeview
* Added ability to change Door type specified in a UTD (Door) file.
* Model extraction now creates typed-in output path if needed
* 2DA editor ignores grid sort when saving data
* 2DA editor renumbers row labels and scrolls to paste/insertion point after paste/insert
* 2DA editor stores copied row on clipboard for pasting to another 2DA editor
* 2DA editor accepts single row on clipboard from Microsoft Excel (tested with Excel 2003)

* VIP users are those who have made a contribution in support of Kotor Tool.
 ChAiNz.2da
04-12-2005, 2:10 PM
Originally posted by Fred Tetra
* 2DA editor ignores grid sort when saving data
* 2DA editor renumbers row labels and scrolls to paste/insertion point after paste/insert
* 2DA editor stores copied row on clipboard for pasting to another 2DA editor
* 2DA editor accepts single row on clipboard from Microsoft Excel (tested with Excel 2003)

:emodanc:
The USM .2da's, myself personally & my 'sanity' give you a heartfelt Thank You :D
 Fred Tetra
04-12-2005, 2:16 PM
I may have to adjust the auto-renumber feature so that it is switchable. Sometimes you just don't want to do it! :)
 Darkkender
04-12-2005, 10:02 PM
*Thinks to self, "Shoulda sent that contribution sooner."*

I will wait patiently for this versions release.
 Keiko
04-12-2005, 10:13 PM
*Thinks to self, "Shoulda sent that contribution sooner."*

Im with ya Darkkender:(
 RevanA4
04-12-2005, 10:17 PM
dude your tool rocks I've had some fun of my own with the files of the game thanks to your handy dandy tool
 General Kenobi
04-12-2005, 10:25 PM
I agree totally without Fred Tetra.........there would be no TSL or KOTOR modding from what I can see. I've yet to do ANYTHING that doesn't involve KOTORtool. And every version gets better and better with more useful features and program applets added. AKA the 2da editor :elephant:

Fred, I hope this hasn't already been answered but any plans to incorporate a HEX editor into KOTORtool? I've only found one and the "time" is running out on it. Just curious as to how hard that would be compared to the 2da editing interface?
 Fred Tetra
04-12-2005, 10:55 PM
I agree totally without Fred Tetra.........there would be no TSL or KOTOR modding from what I can see. I've yet to do ANYTHING that doesn't involve KOTORtool. And every version gets better and better with more useful features and program applets added. AKA the 2da editor :elephant:

Fred, I hope this hasn't already been answered but any plans to incorporate a HEX editor into KOTORtool? I've only found one and the "time" is running out on it. Just curious as to how hard that would be compared to the 2da editing interface?

Thanks for the kind words!

Creating a hex editor is no small task. There are a number of free ones that aren't bad. The better ones like AXE and Hex Workshop cost money, but AXE is pretty liberal in its registration and HW is < US$25 for academic (non-commercial) use. Personally, I like Hex Workshop.
 RevanA4
04-12-2005, 11:01 PM
or a simple complier will do the trick also
 Fred Tetra
04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
I meant to post a link where you can get Hex Workshop 4.2: here (http://www.bpsoft.com/ordering/ordering_inst.html#ACADEMIC)
 T7nowhere
04-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Download.com is your friend ;)

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=hex+editor&tg=dl-2001)

If all your doing is editing texture references then you would be better off using mdlops.

btw Fred, the new features sound usefull :)
 General Kenobi
04-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up I just started using HEX Workshop and my time was almost out. I think I'll do the reg. with them. I figured if Fred mentioned it it would prob. be the most open to good features and the like. :)
 Darkkender
04-13-2005, 12:44 AM
I use XVI32. I can't recall where I found it but it doesn't require registration.

On a side note maybe KT should have a HEX editor added into it.:p I know I would "Buy that for a Dollar."
 envida
04-13-2005, 12:54 AM
Another great hex editor is Tiny Hexer (http://www.mirkes.de/en/freeware/tinyhex.php). First of all its FREE :D Second it has no installation routine just double click file to run :) and it works great :p
 Mav
04-13-2005, 1:09 AM
A new version of Kotor Tool has been sent to VIP users* today.

[B]v1.0.1927.26112 (2005-4-12 13:30) (VIP release)

edited for space

Great additions to the tool Fred, *wishes I had money to give*... :(
 Fred Tetra
04-13-2005, 9:56 AM
Originally posted by envida
Another great hex editor is Tiny Hexer (http://www.mirkes.de/en/freeware/tinyhex.php). First of all its FREE :D Second it has no installation routine just double click file to run :) and it works great :p

Thanks! Always looking for alternatives to recommend.
 ChAiNz.2da
04-13-2005, 4:04 PM
Ok, folks! While this might not be the right place to ask, I'm looking for a new logo for the Kotor Tool website. The one I have is pretty lame, I know.
I figured, after seeing some of the re-skinning work done by some of the folks here that someone would be able to do a better job.

The one I like best that uses the Kotor Tool logo and ties in the best with modding and Kotor Tool itself will be used and credited.
ooh.. ooh... I want to play too.. :D

Nothing much, but here's one of my attempts

http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/KT-header.jpg)
 Ash Housewaares
04-13-2005, 5:41 PM
does any know how i can take more than 2 party members with me to battle?:(
 General Kenobi
04-13-2005, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by envida

Thanks envida I'll download and try it as my trial is almost out & I already spend WAY to much in software to buy more. :D :D :D
 RevanA4
04-13-2005, 5:56 PM
Thanks envida I'll download and try it as my trial is almost out & I already spend WAY to much in software to buy more. :D :D :D

one can never buy to much software unless it consistes of alot of the same thing:p
 Fred Tetra
04-13-2005, 8:44 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
ooh.. ooh... I want to play too.. :D

Nothing much, but here's one of my attempts

http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/KT-header.jpg)

Very nice! The submissions keep getting better and better!
 kessno11
04-13-2005, 11:11 PM
I really enjoy you KOTOR tool Fred, I'm glad someone finally made one! I've seen a lot of talk around lately about a Hex Editor? What is it for??

Thanks,

kessno11
 RevanA4
04-13-2005, 11:16 PM
there are some files in the game that can't be translated yet and need to be viewed in a hex editor thats what it is for
 Darkkender
04-14-2005, 2:53 AM
Originally posted by kessno11
I really enjoy you KOTOR tool Fred, I'm glad someone finally made one! I've seen a lot of talk around lately about a Hex Editor? What is it for??

Thanks,

kessno11

It's also used by us old fogey hackers who would rather hex edit something than use an easy utility like mdlops. :p
 envida
04-14-2005, 9:43 PM
Ok I just installed the new patch for K2 and I am getting the "chitin.key file not valid" error. I assume it is because the chitin.key was updated by the patch.

Just a heads up for you Fred :)
 Darth333
04-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Same here...apart .mod and .erf files and dialog.bif, the following files have been updated with the patch:

Patching File chitin.key
Patching File dialog.tlk
Patching File data\Scripts.bif (nwscript.nss has not been modified but I wonder if it will be when the international patch is released)
Patching File swconfig.exe
Patching File swkotor2.exe
 Fred Tetra
04-15-2005, 9:58 AM
I'll look into it...
 svцsh
04-15-2005, 9:10 PM
Here is my second attempt at the web header as always anything can be changed ;)
http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p13851202.html)

svцsh
 RevanA4
04-15-2005, 10:37 PM
thats look sweet
 ChAiNz.2da
04-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by svцsh
Here is my second attempt at the web header as always anything can be changed ;)

svцsh
Very Nice! I like how it incorporates the KT GUI... and both the title's name :thumbsup:
 General Kenobi
04-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by svцsh

svцsh

Your first was better :) to much goin' on in the title header. And if you put a current date thingie in there you'll have to keep updating on a regular basis.

I do like the design though :elephant:
 Fred Tetra
04-15-2005, 11:27 PM
You folks are going to make it hard on old Fred to decide, aren't you? :D

Don't stop! :)

I, too, like how you incorporated the KT GUI into it.

Maybe I should allow some extra height, perhaps another 25-75 px, so that folks can put in what they want without it getting to crowded; what do you all say?
 ChAiNz.2da
04-15-2005, 11:31 PM
You folks are going to make it hard on old Fred to decide, aren't you? :D

Don't stop! :)

I, too, like how you incorporated the KT GUI into it.

Maybe I should allow some extra height, perhaps another 25-75 px, so that folks can put in what they want without it getting to crowded; what do you all say?
If it doesn't hinder your site, definitely! :D

BTW Fred, do you perchance have a "master" file of the KT icon? Otherwise it's hard to resize without re-building it... just a thought.. otherwise we'll just have to get craftier ;) hehehe....
 Darkkender
04-15-2005, 11:51 PM
I'm loving that LOGO Svosh.
 General Kenobi
04-16-2005, 9:59 AM
Yep, all of our submissions look good I think ChAiNz so I agree.

@Fred,

Even though they are all good I would URGE you to not use any of the final submissions and appoint the one you like best to do one for you per your specs. I've never had a client like something without changes. So from a designer standpoint I'd recommend havin' the winner do one per what you'd like to see ;)

If you like elements of several you could always encorporate them into one final one. Most of us (I know me) submitted it to you to "pay homage" to you for your (I can't even say how good) contribution to ALL of us in modding worldwide.

Just my two cents

ooh, ALSO from a design standpoint I would also recommend Flash for the format for your final design that your gonna post. It is "slightly" less compatible than a .jpg but 99.9% of everyone has Flash player installed through IE and it would assure that your final choice stays "your choice" and isn't copied for other sites out there. Trust me they will copy :D
 RevanA4
04-16-2005, 12:06 PM
what of the people that don't use IE like me cuz I use firefox and not all plugin's are compatible with firefox and I have a hard time running flash sometimes
 Jennaida
04-16-2005, 4:36 PM
I dunno...svosh's second submission looks nice to me. Not 'too busy' as another said :) They all look nice to me, though. :)

Is the modified chitin key being much of a pain in the butt to work through, Fred?:)
 General Kenobi
04-16-2005, 6:56 PM
Didn't say Svosh's TH didn't look nice just said too busy and there is a difference ;) Svosh is well aware of what I think of Svosh's work ;)

Fred, I'm having that problem as well "Your Kotor chitin.key file appears to be corrupt or is a non-US version."

Hope you get er' fixed man, but NO HURRY! You could take a year off and still have already done more than your part for us all :D
 envida
04-16-2005, 8:19 PM
There is no reason at all to use a flash file if you only have a static picture.....
 Fred Tetra
04-16-2005, 8:48 PM
Originally posted by Jennaida
I dunno...svosh's second submission looks nice to me. Not 'too busy' as another said :) They all look nice to me, though. :)

Is the modified chitin key being much of a pain in the butt to work through, Fred?:)

It probably won't be, but I am FINALLY taking everyone's advice and playing TSL. I just arrived at Telos. (I don't want to say more so as not to spoil it for anyone, though if you're reading this thread, you're either just like me <hehheh> or you've finished the game)

Oh, and I have been working with CChargin to figure out a bunch of things so we can get animations working in the models. Now don't go pestering him as to when; he's a busy guy IRL! :)

Also, I have made some significant Walkmesh discoveries recently which have been sucking up my time; an update will be made in the related thread later.
 ChAiNz.2da
04-16-2005, 9:41 PM
It probably won't be, but I am FINALLY taking everyone's advice and playing TSL.
Enjoy the game! :D

it's about time... ;)
 Lorden Darkblade
04-16-2005, 10:03 PM
I agree with ChAiNz.2da!
It's about time you actually play the game :thumbsup:
 Jennaida
04-17-2005, 1:12 AM
Wow, playing the game finally. Congrats! Hope you're enjoying it! :)
 Fred Tetra
04-17-2005, 10:08 AM
The drive to fix bugs and to improve and add new features to Kotor Tool is very hard to resist, but I want to finish the game before KotOR III comes out! :)
 RevanA4
04-17-2005, 11:35 AM
The drive to fix bugs and to improve and add new features to Kotor Tool is very hard to resist, but I want to finish the game before KotOR III comes out! :)

I here ya when in school I still fix bugs on projects that I handed in
 Fred Tetra
04-17-2005, 11:56 PM
FYI, Kotor Tool works (after a fashion) with Jade Empire, but there are quite a few unsupported file types and no sign of a nwscript.nss file. :)

We now return you to the regularly scheduled topic ...
Page: 26 of 38