Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Page: 4 of 5
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-26-2003, 8:11 PM
Originally posted by Darth-Ra
ok so far all questions i had about using npc models instead of player model and making it appear in cutscenes is nice and dandy, but is there a way to make it appear by default each new level load or save game load, without replacing the actual .glm from jedi_hm, jedi_hf, jedi_tf, jedi_zf, jedi_rm, and jedi_kdm?? Anyone figured it out yet?? :grnlaz:

The player model in cinematics uses the same console cvars as you do when you spawn into a level. So as long as the cvars have the proper values in them, you'll look correct in the cinematics. I think the cvars are g_char_model and g_char_skin? Something like that. And g_char_color_red, g_char_color_blue and g_char_color_green? Obviously, the best way to achieve this is to use the custom player menu to set the proper values and they'll propogate into the game correctly. I'm not sure, exactly, what you have to do to make a new playermodel available, but I'm pretty sure the existance of a valid playerchoice.txt in the directory is what the custom player menu uses to know whether it should list that model as a player model.
 jangofett804
09-26-2003, 8:22 PM
I have a question. I want to be able to control all of the models, like Boba Fett, the rancor, etc. but I can't seem to figure out how to do their "special moves" like Boba Fett's jetpack and the rancor and wampa's grabbing moves. I used the "control bot" cheat, but it didn't work.
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-26-2003, 8:42 PM
Originally posted by jangofett804
I have a question. I want to be able to control all of the models, like Boba Fett, the rancor, etc. but I can't seem to figure out how to do their "special moves" like Boba Fett's jetpack and the rancor and wampa's grabbing moves. I used the "control bot" cheat, but it didn't work.

Well, a lot of the special animations unusual NPCs like the Rancor and Wampa do are completely AI-controlled, they don't go through the normal player-simulating control routines that most of the humanoid NPCs do. Basically, that means you cannot make them do their special attacks. The control an NPC thing was really just supposed to be a neat little gimmick (something thrown in to take advantage of the feature we added in JK2 of being able to remote-control a droid).

But, one piece of good news - you can control Boba Fett's jetpack. All you have to do is hit "jump" while you're in the air (either after running off a ledge or while falling or after you've just jumped). It automatically turns off when you land.
 dem2k
09-26-2003, 9:54 PM
Hi, i was just wondering if there was a possible way of editing the saber block % in Single Player.

I've done some expermenting on blocking with the saber in different stances. For an example, while in a light stance (blue) it is possible to block almost all blaster fire from multiple targets (I used stormtroopers) while moving or running with a saberdefense of 3. While in meduim (yellow) the block rate is slightly reduced, you might be able to block rapidly from at least 2 targets anymore and you probably will get hit. The same applies to Strong, though it makes more sense from the description of the stance. While in red the abbilty to block projectiles is dramaticly reduced.

Oh and a few other questions.

as you change playermodel to most jedi npcs, you are granted some of there defensive skills. for example playermodel desann. Now whenever anyone atempted to use force_grip on me I automaticly force pushed him away. The same applies to Drain as well. I though this was very cool! Its too bad they don't absorb lightning, like some of the big names do.

I'm loving the experiance im getting from JA so far. JA is more editable then JO, and they have delivered the goods. I hope to see the mod list be as extensive as ones made for Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.
 killabilly
09-26-2003, 10:29 PM
However the only problem with playing as a dark jedi or boba fett is that you cannot kill your enemies as they are now considered your allies
 Kurgan
09-26-2003, 10:54 PM
All you have to do is change the npcteam and playerteam commands (playerteam player) and you can kill them as normal.

Try it, you'll like it. ; )
 Kurgan
09-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ig64
here are the cheats that i have collected from the forums and in-game

intresting cheats:
cg_debugHealthBars 1: shows health of player and enemies
cg_draw HUD 0: displays HUD
cg_fov: sets field of view
cl_framerate: displays framerate
cg_endcredits 1: displays end credits during gameplay
D_npcfreeze: freezes NPCs
G_saberanimspeed: sets saber combat speed
g_knockback: set scale of npc knockback
g_gravity: sets gravity level
G_speed: sets speed level
g_corpseremovaltime 0: no corpse removal
playermodel: sets player character
playerteam: sets player faction
r_we: sets weather
r_showtris: wireframe
zoom: binoculars
iknowkungfu: fists and 200 force

npcs:
alora
assassin_droid
atst
atst_vehicle
bartender
bespincop
boba_fett
chewie
cultist
cultist_destroyer
cultist_drain
cultist_grip
cultist_lightning
cultist_saber
cultist_saber_powers
cultistcommando
desann
elder
galak
galak_mech
glider
gonk
gran
hazardtrooper
howler
human_merc
impcommander
imperial
impofficer
impworker
interrogator
jan
jawa
jedi
jedi_random
jedif
jedimaster
jeditrainer
kyle
lambdashuttle
lando
luke
mark1
mark2
merchant
minemonster
monmothma
morgankatarn
mouse
noghri
nulldriver
player
prisoner
probe
protocol
protocol_imp
r2d2
r2d2_imp
r5d2
r5d2_imp
ragnos
rancor
rancor_vehicle
rax
rebel
rebel2
reborn
reborn_dual
reborn_new
reborn_staff
reborn_twin
rebornacrobat
rebornboss
rebornchiss
rebornfencer
rebornforceuser
rebornrodian
reborntrandoshan
rebornweequay
reelo
remote
rockettrooper
rockettrooper_w
rockettrooper2
rocks
rodian
rosh_penin
saber_droid
saboteur
saboteurpistol
saboteursniper
sand_creature
seeker
sentry
shadowtrooper
snowtrooper
stcommander
stofficer
stofficeralt
stormpilot
stormtrooper
swamptrooper
swoop
tauntaun
tavion
tavion_new
test
tie-bomber
tie-fighter
trandoshan
tusken
tuskensniper
ugnaught
wampa
wampa_vehicle
weequay
wildtauntaun
x-wing
yt-1300
z-95
alora_dual
GranBoxer
GranShooter
hazardtrooperconcussion
human_merc_* (*= rep flc bow cnc - for other weapons)
lannik_racto (in the human_merc.npc file)
Kyle_boss
rosh_penin_noforce
rosh_dark
Tavion_sith_sword
Tavion_scepter
mutant_rancor

npc list:
/dir ext_data

taunts:
bow
taunt
flourish
gloat

weapons:
echo WP_SCEPTER
echo WP_TUSKEN_STAFF
echo WP_TUSKEN_RIFLE
echo WP_JAWA
echo WP_TURRET
echo WP_BLASTER_PISTOL
echo WP_RAPID_FIRE_CONC
echo WP_TIE_FIGHTER
echo WP_ATST_SIDE
echo WP_ATST_MAIN
echo WP_MELEE
echo WP_BOT_LASER
echo WP_EMPLACED_GUN
echo WP_DET_PACK
echo WP_TRIP_MINE
echo WP_THERMAL
echo WP_CONCUSSION
echo WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER
echo WP_FLECHETTE
echo WP_DEMP2
echo WP_REPEATER
echo WP_BOWCASTER
echo WP_DISRUPTOR
echo WP_BLASTER
echo WP_BRYAR_PISTOL
echo WP_SABER
echo WP_STUN_BATON
echo WP_NULL
saber sith_sword
 Buffy
09-27-2003, 12:06 AM
[i]you can control Boba Fett's jetpack. All you have to do is hit "jump" while you're in the air (either after running off a ledge or while falling or after you've just jumped). It automatically turns off when you land.. [/B]

I did in SP in cheats mode but npc spawn boda_fett can not spawn :(
redword say can not...
and how can I be boda fett and how to turns on jetpack ?
is jump key ?:confused:

I did it in SP playermodel boda_fett
but it become stroomtrooper . :(
why ? I cant npc spawn "boda_fett" & cant play by "boda_fett" too.. please someone tell how ? :o
 Xelar79
09-27-2003, 1:19 AM
I am not sure if someone has mentioned this or not, but when using desann my force pull/push is able to override the defenses other dark jedi (more so than any other model that I noticed). Perhaps it's my imagination, but I thought it was neat how I could force jump high into the air and pull up 10 reborn as if they were stormtroopers. :)
 Darth Stryke
09-27-2003, 1:56 AM
I have a question now. I am trying to get the Bryar pistol in SP and I use give weapon_bryar_pistol and it will not let me select it and it isn't in my weapon selection. Anyone know how to get it? I suppose I could just replace the blastech files with the bryar files, but I still want to keep the Blastech the same so that npcs still have it when they are supposed to.
 Avitor
09-27-2003, 3:30 AM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Well, a lot of the special animations unusual NPCs like the Rancor and Wampa do are completely AI-controlled, they don't go through the normal player-simulating control routines that most of the humanoid NPCs do. Basically, that means you cannot make them do their special attacks. The control an NPC thing was really just supposed to be a neat little gimmick (something thrown in to take advantage of the feature we added in JK2 of being able to remote-control a droid).

But, one piece of good news - you can control Boba Fett's jetpack. All you have to do is hit "jump" while you're in the air (either after running off a ledge or while falling or after you've just jumped). It automatically turns off when you land. So, would it be possible to create a mod for a custom character model that uses a Fett-like jet pack? And would be possible to set that character model up so that it could use both the jet pack and Force Jump?
 AxVegetA
09-27-2003, 3:43 AM
I have a question.
How do you do those kind of taunts when using rage or protect?
The reborns do it when using rage, and jedi_random when they use protect.
The pics of them are in JA official website, in gameplay, moves.
I have tried to taunt, gloat, flourish and sit when using rage and protect but nothing happens.
The protect one looks very cool though.
 Darth-Ra
09-27-2003, 4:48 AM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
The player model in cinematics uses the same console cvars as you do when you spawn into a level. So as long as the cvars have the proper values in them, you'll look correct in the cinematics. I think the cvars are g_char_model and g_char_skin? Something like that. And g_char_color_red, g_char_color_blue and g_char_color_green? Obviously, the best way to achieve this is to use the custom player menu to set the proper values and they'll propogate into the game correctly. I'm not sure, exactly, what you have to do to make a new playermodel available, but I'm pretty sure the existance of a valid playerchoice.txt in the directory is what the custom player menu uses to know whether it should list that model as a player model.

I am not sure I understand :confused:

I did however, achieve the goal of loading completely new models not part of the game into it through the npc spawn and playermodel console commands, the steps follow below:

Well the only way that works in adding new models is not that hard, first i took an .npc file say luke.npc, then I edited it and gave it (in this example, I used a Mara Jade model from JO and made the changes to the npc, named the header of the npc to mara, and the Playermodel tag to the dir /models/players/mara , then altered some of the attributes like force powers light and dark, and health and startup weapons, then saved the file as mara.npc...added it to ext_data/npcs in a new pk3 file, loaded JA, then typed in playermodel mara and it worked).

[I]Edited: I can load this and other models at a new level, and i can't make it load automatic each new level...Also when i do change to npc character model, save the game, then quit, then come back later, load it and it will be without textures...I still don't understand how to avoid these problems..
 Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 5:35 AM
Why doesn't the corpseremovaltime does nor work for me?:(
 JediLurker
09-27-2003, 5:48 AM
Well, here's a challenge for you all. I've enabled dismemberment in SP using the desktop shortcut method and parts are flying. The problem is, they're flying a little too easily. Saber fights last seconds and boss fights aren't much longer. Is there any way to keep the dismemberment while toning down the damage? There probably isn't, but it never hurts to ask. :)
 AxVegetA
09-27-2003, 5:52 AM
Originally posted by AxVegetA

I have a question.
I have tried to taunt, gloat, flourish and sit when using rage and protect but nothing happens.

Ahhhh.............somebody answer this.
 Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 6:19 AM
It does not work all the time.
 AxVegetA
09-27-2003, 8:42 AM
I found a new move (maybe some of you alredy know it)
Its a two hand backslash.
You have to do the normal backslash crouched. (crouch+back+atack)
Seems more powerful. Simple.
There is also an helicopter move, you have to press atack when your body is completely upsidedown when you jump back (back+jump+atack)
There are a lot of moves that dont appear in datapad.
Ohh, you can jump while doing a backslash or backstab and it turns into a forward air slash. :rolleyes:
I have seen some reborns do a cartwheel to the left, then to the right, in one move.
And also they do some weird backslash.
And there is also a combo when kicks are enable, you forward kick the enemy and inmediately a ground atack, it never fails and its very very fast.
You have to forward kick (JO kicks) and quickly press forward+jump+atack.

And please somebody answer this.

I have a question.
 melianor
09-27-2003, 8:48 AM
Anybody wants 200 permanent force energy (tried this on Jedi Master setting)?

in the console:
playermodel kyle
playermodel player

there ya go ;)
 IG-64
09-27-2003, 12:01 PM
can i somehow make my model dissapear or at least move out of the way without canging the files?
 Flashblade
09-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Buffy

why ? I cant npc spawn "boda_fett" & cant play by "boda_fett" too.. please someone tell how ? :o

If you really typed the above I advise you to try boba_fett!
 Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Ahhhh.............somebody answer this.

I already said, it does not work all the time.
 Stormtrooper X
09-27-2003, 1:31 PM
this is great! thanks everybody, especially Chang!!!:D
 IG-64
09-27-2003, 3:04 PM
:( can anyone awnser me?:(
 Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 3:10 PM
can i somehow make my model dissapear or at least move out of the way without canging the files?

What do you mean?
 IG-64
09-27-2003, 3:13 PM
i need to get the player model out of the way so i can work on my cheat
 Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 3:19 PM
i need to get the player model out of the way so i can work on my cheat

You mean remove the player model?

I don't think you could do that.

Btw, what cheat are you talking about???
 IG-64
09-27-2003, 3:23 PM
i dont mean completely remove it, just make it invisable or move it out of the way

patience, i will post if it works.
 Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 3:25 PM
No way to do that...
 IG-64
09-27-2003, 3:28 PM
hmm, darn, i was working on a view cheat for a better first-peorson view but the player model keeps getting in the way
 Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 3:29 PM
You mean first person without the "gun" model?

Theres a console command for that.:)

But i forgot.:(
 IG-64
09-27-2003, 3:32 PM
no, nothing like that, i was trying to make is more real, look better, perspective.
 IG-64
09-27-2003, 3:39 PM
but, i guess now ill just find something else to do, so dont worry about t
 Kiroth21
09-27-2003, 4:06 PM
in multiplayer with cheats on u can spawn a rancor, let it grab you and put noclip mode on when he eats you, then in noclip move away from him and turn it off, its like ur totaly invisible but still can jump and walk, but i dont think u can attack:)
 IG-64
09-27-2003, 4:13 PM
is this only in multiplayer?
 AxVegetA
09-27-2003, 4:29 PM

I have a question.

Can anybody answer this? thanks
 king yoda
09-27-2003, 4:42 PM
new jedi npcґs
jedi_rm1
jedi_rm2 dual saber
jedi_kdm1 saberstaff
jedi_kdm2
jedi_hm1
jedi_hm2
jedi_zf1 dual saber
jedi_zf2
jedi_tf1 saberstaff
jedi_tf2
jedi_hf1
jedi_hf2

enjoy.
 Prime
09-27-2003, 5:45 PM
I have posted my tutorial on how to replace Jaden in the JA Discussion section. It may be moved though. Please post any questions you have based on that tutorial in that thread. :)
 idontlikegeorge
09-27-2003, 7:16 PM
"It seems that there is a saberstype parameter in the .npc entry that can be used to set available saberstyles. Looking through entries for other models, it seems you can set this value up to 7 (could be more). I wanted the player to have blue, yellow and red stances, so I put:

saberstyle 1 // blue
saberstyle 2 // yellow
saberstyle 3 // red

I haven't tried the other values to see what they are, but presumably they are the other stances used by the Reborn and so on. I'm not sure yet if there is a limit for how many different stances a player has."

Yeah, 4 is Desann (heavy 1 handed), 5 is Tavion (fast 1 handed), 6 is dual sabers, and 7 is saberstaff.

"Does this mean I could use only the skin from a npc by deleting all the parameters from the .npc file?

Is it possible to copy the .npc file (without the parameters) as a new skin? This would prevent that the specific npc has no parameters set."

No, you can use the skin from any NPC just fine. Like, say you had a Jedi-Knight level Jaden, and you decide to make the playermodel be Lando - Jaden would look like Lando... and although Lando has no force powers, you will keep all force powers Jaden had before

Any special powers or attributes from an NPC will only be attributed to the player if the player does not have those powers yet - and the powers are additive, not retracted. Atleast from all the playing around I've done.
 Buffy
09-27-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Flashblade
If you really typed the above I advise you to try boba_fett!

thank you for correct me yes I was wrong typing :p
 Darkseed
09-28-2003, 1:07 AM
Originally posted by Darkseed
ChangKhan can I ask you why you removed the destroyer siege map that was shown in a picture from a magazine a while back? The nav file for the map is still in there and there's alot of references to it in several files. The map seemed really awesome since you could fly ships in it and all.

Maybe you're planning to include the map in a future patch?

Chang could you please answer my previous question quoted above? If that's something you'd rather not answer then just say so and I'll let it rest, just wasn't sure if you saw my previous post or not.
 Captain REX
09-28-2003, 1:16 AM
I found out something interesting!

If you Jedi Mind Trick a Reborn with a lightstaff to where you can control him and you are wielding one lightsaber, you will wield your one lightsaber like you are using a lightstaff when you release the guy or kill him.
 starstorm971
09-28-2003, 1:21 AM
Is there anyway I can wield Tavion's Scepter?:confused:
 Deucefx
09-28-2003, 6:32 AM
Hey Chang, WHY was sabermorerealisticcombat "write protected" (whatever that means)?

I've tried all the suggestions on this thread and STILL can't get it to work!

Are you going to fix it in the next (or future) patch so that people who can't get it to work for anything can just type the code in the console (like we should be able to) and get it to work?
 Crow_Nest
09-28-2003, 7:29 AM
but, i guess now ill just find something else to do, so dont worry about t

Unless you create an "invisble" jaden skin.
 dragon457
09-28-2003, 8:31 AM
Is there a way to get two different blade colors with the double saber in MP?
 Crow_Nest
09-28-2003, 8:56 AM
Originally posted by dragon457
Is there a way to get two different blade colors with the double saber in MP?

Don't think so...
 Fractal-Coffee
09-28-2003, 9:07 AM

I have a question.

You mean the crouchy thing for Protect/Absorb and the float-in-the-air-looking-really-cool thing for Rage?

Happens when you've got level 1 or 2 of those powers. At least, from what I've seen. Level 3 means there's no delay and it activates automatically, skipping the stylish animation.
 Crow_Nest
09-28-2003, 9:51 AM
Originally posted by Fractal-Coffee
You mean the crouchy thing for Protect/Absorb and the float-in-the-air-looking-really-cool thing for Rage?

Happens when you've got level 1 or 2 of those powers. At least, from what I've seen. Level 3 means there's no delay and it activates automatically, skipping the stylish animation.

He's asking about how to do that action when you turn on protect,absorb and rage.

And that action does not work all the time.
 Sith_Chick
09-28-2003, 10:54 AM
I am probably just misunderstanding something, but is it possible to get a Zabrak torso with Human female head and legs (for example)? :amidala:
Page: 4 of 5