Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Page: 2 of 5
 Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 3:42 AM
Originally posted by Shiro_Kishi
Does the 3 saber trick still work in the full version? If so how do you activate it?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Theres no such thing?
 Greymon
09-21-2003, 4:52 AM
I can't ever seem to get the control cheat to work. Is there a special trick to that? For me its NOT as simple as:

devmapall
npc spawn whomever
control whomever

I've spawned 100 different npcs and control hasnt worked on any of them.
 JarJarBinks
09-21-2003, 5:18 AM
Originally posted by crow_nest
The sith sword was cool!:cool:

I agree, its even more fun with the sabermorerealistic cheat, the bodyparts go flying :D.
 Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 5:44 AM
Yes, touch them once and it sends them flying!
 mdares
09-21-2003, 6:23 AM
erm how do u change your player model to "reborn_twin"? for me it just doesnt work...

devmapall
playermodel reborn_twin

thnx
 Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 6:38 AM
I don't remember seeing a "reborn_twin".
:confused:
 Flashblade
09-21-2003, 9:46 AM
I have got a request. Can I make a custom walk/run toggle key? I hate to either constantly press a key for run or for walk. Thx in advance.
 Jackel
09-21-2003, 9:48 AM
Originally posted by Greymon
I can't ever seem to get the control cheat to work. Is there a special trick to that? For me its NOT as simple as:

devmapall
npc spawn whomever
control whomever

I've spawned 100 different npcs and control hasnt worked on any of them.

try

npx spawn whomever bot
control bot

this works in the demo

also if you then let them die and use a second person change from bot otherwise you see out of your dead characters eyes

to go back to controlling you , type

control player
 Infinity Blade
09-21-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
I mean who couldn't like something like this? Geeze... we released that soo long ago... I think it was within the first few months of JO.... or at least the first few months of when I remember playing it. :D

It is old, and it is fairly cobbled (but hey, it was my first skin, so sue me), but from your screen it seems to look well enough. I wouldn't mind releasing it again... if Wes doesn't want to resubmit the 2 pack, I might release the Kyle again in a skin pack I was going to throw together... Might even revamp it a little...

Or not. Depends on time... this did raise a question I've been wondering about, but haven't thought to find out about...

.. is Jan in JA at all? Would seem out of place for her to be missing....
 Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 10:56 AM
.. is Jan in JA at all? Would seem out of place for her to be missing....

Jan will be in JA, but you won't see her.
 master obi-wan
09-21-2003, 11:27 AM
oke does anyone know how the cheat is !!??? for the full power for light side powers

please tell me
 Mojopin
09-21-2003, 11:37 AM
I know you can create the Jaden you wish to play in the beginning of the game. But I was wondering, do they give the option to change your apparel in between missions? Thanks for any replys.
 Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 12:28 PM
You type "devmapall" in console first, then type "setforceall 9" to get level 3 for light and dark powers.

and now, you can control enemies with mind trick!:cool:
 Kusanavi
09-21-2003, 2:33 PM
Nope the only place where you can costumize your character is at the start but you can play as anyone else if you want by just typing at the console "model xxxxxxxx (character you want to play for example luke but of course its just the appereance :P)
 Flashblade
09-21-2003, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by Flashblade
I have got a request. Can I make a custom walk/run toggle key? I hate to either constantly press a key for run or for walk. Thx in advance.

Anyone????

and another thing I want to have the kicks that are lightstaff only for every saber style anyone any idea about that? I mean every Sith just keep kicking me I wanna return the favor!!
 NVShacker
09-21-2003, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by BS87
?! These two interest me...

I tried those two, the yoda one was invisible (Referring to a missing model) and the brokenStaff one has a
//FIXME: Add actual brokenstaff model
in the file. Which means, it is just a reborn hilt.

So, someone will have to make a brokenstaff model. Shouldn't be too hard...

EDIT-
Uhoh, I just realised that some NPC files contain multiple npc's meaning that my DOS dir command picked up some bad names... I'll fix later.
 Mojopin
09-21-2003, 4:55 PM
So what happens if you go to Hoth and you've chosen skimpy clothing for your Jedi? Do they outfit you with a jacket or something at least. :( Don't need my nips getting hard. :p
 Kurgan
09-21-2003, 5:01 PM
You're right about the hidden MP skins. The other (JK2) reborns don't work. Sorry about those (acrobat, fencer, forceuser), I just assumed they would when I saw boss.

Thanks for NPC list from the file, but a few of those don't work, like reborn_twin, etc.

So here's the current list (MP):

\Model <name>

Jawa
Stormtrooper/officer
Imperial/officer
Imperial/commander
Jedi/j2
Reborn/boss
 Kurgan
09-21-2003, 5:05 PM
Don't worry, you won't need your saber to keep warm. On the Hoth missions (in SP), your character automatically dons warm clothes (but no hat, go figure).
 Mojopin
09-21-2003, 5:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up, now off to the store for another game purchase.
 Darth Vader III
09-21-2003, 5:58 PM
I train with
npc spawn rebornmaster -s

Pretty good guy... How do you get your tie-fighter to shoot?

Thx
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-21-2003, 5:59 PM
The easiest way is to bring down the console and type:

uimenu charactermenu

That will bring up the character menu and you can change your custom character choices. Once you do that, you can hit next and it brings you to your saber menu, in case you want to change that, too. Just be sure to hit "exit" or "back" (or the "ESC" key a few times) instead of "begin game" or else it will start the game over!

Now, that was the easy way.

But you can also mess with it on the console, which will be a bit more work, but will give you more control over tinting, etc, if you wish:

(NOTE: this will also server as some good basic insight for those modders interested in some insight into playermodels in case they want to make their own).

If you type "playermodel" on the console, you'll see what your current model and skin is. For example:

playermodel jedi_tf head_a4 torso_e1 lower_b1

jedi_tf is your actual model. "tf" means "Twilek Female". Other choices are:

jedi_hm (human male)
jedi_hf (human female)
jedi_rm (rodian male)
jedi_kdm (kel dor male)
jedi_zf (zabrak female)

The other parts, seperated by a space are the skins for, repectively, the head, torso and legs.

In my example, these are:
head_a4
torso_e1
lower_b1

Now, if you were to look in the models/players directory for each of those jedi models listed above, you'll see a .skin file that corresponds to each of those skin choices I just listed. If you look at the names of all of those .skin files, that will give you a list of all the valid skins for your chosen model (I'll list all of these below).

So, to change your model or skins, just type in "playermodel" followed by the model you want to use and the appropriate skins. For example, to switch to the human male model's first skin, you'd type:

playermodel jedi_hm

NOTE: if you change sex, you need to let the game know this so that is uses the proper sounds. To do this, type:

snd jaden_fmle
sex f

If you're switching to a female model or:

snd jaden_male
sex m

If you're switching to a male model.

Finally, you can also mess with your skin/clothing tint (twilek model tints the skin, all other tint the clothing).

To see your current tint, type:

playertint

You should see something like this:

USAGE: playerTint <red 0 - 255> <green 0 - 255> <blue 0 - 255>
playerTint = 255 235 100

The first number is red, the second is green and the last is blue. The valid number ranges are from 0 (absence of this color) to 255 (full brightness for this color).

Setting all three to 0 would tint you black, setting them all to 255 would tint you white. In between that is any color you can think of. The way it works, in general, is this: red+green = yellow, red+blue = purple, green+blue = cyan. Messing with the relative values for each will give you the hue you want, messing with the overall size of the numbers will give you the brightness/darkness you want. To change to, say, a light red, you'd type

playerTint 255 128 128

NOTE: the Twilek skin already has a light green base (you can see what this color is by setting playerTint to 255 255 255), so keep in mind that the playerTint you set on her model will be modifying this base color... for the clothing tints, their base color is grey, so you'll get exactly the color you type in.

For each jedi player model, here are the valid skins for the head, torso and legs:

MODEL:
jedi_hf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_hm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_a2
head_b1
head_b2
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_d2
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_kdm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_rm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_tf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_a2
head_a3
head_a4
head_b1
head_b2
head_b3
head_b4
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_zf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1
 Reprehence
09-21-2003, 8:18 PM
I was looking through this real quick, but I didn't see any posts on how to give yourself all three single saber stances at the beginning of the game. setsaberoffense 3 doesn't work - and setforceall 3 screws things up.

Any hints or ideas?
 Reprehence
09-21-2003, 8:55 PM
+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

ain't working for me :(. The only way I"m getting good dismemberment is g_saberrealisticcombat 9. I tried set g_sabermorerealistic 3, as well as 9 - but nothing - its more like saberrealisticcombat 0 or 1. Am I missing something?

also - has anyone checked the NPC files for dismemberment probabilities to see if that can be changed?
 Durocha
09-21-2003, 9:57 PM
Anyone????

and another thing I want to have the kicks that are lightstaff only for every saber style anyone any idea about that? I mean every Sith just keep kicking me I wanna return the favor!!

Bind [key] "toggle cl_run"

And I quoted the wrong post, but that's the toggle walk command. Now all I want is the command to toggle crouching.
 garak88
09-21-2003, 10:10 PM
You can change dismemberment probabilities in the npc files individually, but the effect is slight. You pretty much have to hit the seams exactly to get anything to cut off, although it is slightly better. I haven't been able to get dismemberment work by any of the other ways suggested either.
 Tesla
09-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Some NPCs they may have been metioned before,

tavion_new (The new Sexy Tavion :p)
rosh_dark (The dark side Rosh)
tavion (Unsexy JK2 Tavion :p)
desann
boba_fett (He's either invincible or i didn't have the time to kill him)

The old JK2 dismemberment command works for me, you just have to wait a while or go to the next level for it to work. ;)

Anyone found out the code for the Septher, so i can use it. ?
 Tesla
09-21-2003, 11:26 PM
So in the custom options when picking Tw'liek the color options for the skin are basically the same as the color options for say Human Male clothes, or can are they different, if they are can we change the skin color of a Human Male to bright Red ?
 pahamrick
09-21-2003, 11:27 PM
I noticed that the dismemberment didn't start working until I was halfway through the level, using the command line option. I set it to +3, didn't do a thing - but kept playing. Half way through the level I was slicing heads arms legs.. everything off.
 Godsjedi4eva
09-22-2003, 12:16 AM
All found cheats by Godsjedi from http://jk3files2.tripod.com) also www.ign.com) Cheat List
When playing game hold and press [Shift] and [~] together and type "devmapall" to bypass cheat protection then type these cheats below:
• god: God mode
• noclip: No clipping mode
• notarget: Invisibility
• give all: Gives everything
• give health: Gives health
• give armor: Gives armor
• give ammo: Gives ammo
• undying: Dead Mode on
• kill: Kills yourself
• quit: Quit game
• shaderlist: Show shaders
 Darth-Ra
09-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Reprehence
+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

ain't working for me :(. The only way I"m getting good dismemberment is g_saberrealisticcombat 9. I tried set g_sabermorerealistic 3, as well as 9 - but nothing - its more like saberrealisticcombat 0 or 1. Am I missing something?

also - has anyone checked the NPC files for dismemberment probabilities to see if that can be changed?

place the following:
set g_sabermorerealistic "2"
set g_dismemberProbabilities "100"
set g_dismemberment "3"

in an autoexec.cfg, and keep it in the shortcut command line as well, you can add devmapall to autoexec.cfg as well...Just in case, you can place devmapall on a line in autoexec.cfg, followed be helpusobi 1 on another, and devmapall again (sometimes it screws up and cheats are not enabled)

or place the following:
seta g_sabermorerealistic "2"
seta g_dismemberProbabilities "100"
seta g_dismemberment "3"
in your jaconfig.cfg

hope this info helps. :)
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Tesla
So in the custom options when picking Tw'liek the color options for the skin are basically the same as the color options for say Human Male clothes, or can are they different, if they are can we change the skin color of a Human Male to bright Red ?

They're different for each model - they're defined in the playerchoice.txt in each model's directory (the existance of that file, btw, is what tells the game that that model is a customizable player model that you should be able to choose from in the character model customization menu).

You cannot tint the skin color of any race other than the Twilek (unless you want to mess with the skin files for the other models and make the skin tintable rather than the clothes, using the Twilek as an example). You *can* also just paint a new skin for the other models with a different skin tone (or different features altogether, whatever you like).
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-22-2003, 1:05 AM
just a note about "devmapall". "devmapall" is just a variation on the "devmap" command which loads a map with cheats enabled. There's no reason to type "devmapall". The "all" on it just tells the game to reload *all* the assets fresh, to not use the cached models, skins, sounds, textures, bsp file, etc. If you're not changing assets and reloading a map, don't use devmapall because it will just make your load times longer. "devmap" will work just fine.

Also, technically, you don't need to type "devmap" to enable cheats. You can load a map or savegame, then type "helpusobi 1" to enable cheats.
 Flashblade
09-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Ah somebody from Raven. I have got a question. Why didn't you make the staffstyle kicks available for every saber "class" in single player since every npc (Jedi & Sith) can kick being every Saber class! I mean balancing is not really an issue right? I would understand that not everybody gets them in Multi!

Can you tell me how I can enable it for every class in single player?

By the way thx Durocha :)
 Scoundrel
09-22-2003, 12:14 PM
This has been asked couple of times, but still no answer, so..
How can I get that darn saber picking work in full version?
 Damar Stiehl
09-22-2003, 12:46 PM
Ha. I accidentally set g_dismemberment to 100 instead of g_dismemberprobabilities. Even kicking dismembers in this case - you get some sort of "superkick" that makes stormtroopers fall apart... heeehee...
 Crow_Nest
09-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Hey raven programmer, lots of ppl are complaining about the saber off for the staff. The saber goes through your arm!
 Flashblade
09-22-2003, 1:26 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
The easiest way is to bring down the console and type:

uimenu charactermenu

I get an error message when I try that!

Warning: Menus_ActivateByName:Unable to find menu 'charactermenu'
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-22-2003, 2:54 PM
I get an error message when I try that!

Warning: Menus_ActivateByName:Unable to find menu 'charactermenu'

Ah, yes, it seems it doesn't actually work when you're in the level, crap. Guess you have to do it the hard way! :/

EDIT: okay, there is a way to be able to access that menu in-game, but I don't recommend it because it will *always* load that menu when you load a level and, thereby, increase your loading time. But, if you MUST have it, you can do this:

extract the ui.menus.txt and ui/ingame.txt from the .pk3 file into your base folder. Then, open the menus.txt and copy the line with the ui/character.menu reference and paste that into the ingame.txt (before the final "}").

Now you can type this to bring up the character menu in-game:

uimenu charactermenu

Make your selections, then hit next, then go back to the game. You'll notice you still look the same. The game needs to get the new custom look from the menu, to do this, type:

playermodel player

This tells the game to re-initialize the player model from the menu cvars.

Now, again, I don't recommend this - this makes the game load extra stuff when loading a map, but if you *must* have it, go for it... :)
 Darth Stryke
09-22-2003, 3:22 PM
I was playing around and used playermodel boba fett and well, you can use his Jetpack and fly anywhere with it if you use his model. It is pretty cool, too bad I still cannot figure out how to use the flamethrower....yet.
 Flashblade
09-22-2003, 3:38 PM
I see thx ChangKhan I see if the extra loading time gets real bad with that! Now could you have a look at this thread again? http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111511)

I've a question for you there as well if you can answer that.
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-22-2003, 3:50 PM
Ah somebody from Raven. I have got a question. Why didn't you make the staffstyle kicks available for every saber "class" in single player since every npc (Jedi & Sith) can kick being every Saber class! I mean balancing is not really an issue right? I would understand that not everybody gets them in Multi!

Can you tell me how I can enable it for every class in single player?

By the way thx Durocha :)

Because it balances the sabers. :)

Because the staff is a short-range weapon.

Because you can't throw the staff.

Because staff style is more acrobatic (like Darth Maul throwing kicks in with ease in Ep. 1).

Because you kick with alt-fire and throw the saber with alt-fire, so we would have had to add another button just for kicking.

You can type "iknowkungfu" to get the "melee" weapon (bare hands) and that lets you punch with primary fire, kick with alt-fire and grab and throw people if you hit both fire buttons at once (the type of throw depends on whether you're pressing forward, backward or neither).
 Darkseed
09-22-2003, 4:09 PM
ChangKhan can I ask you why you removed the destroyer siege map that was shown in a picture from a magazine a while back? The nav file for the map is still in there and there's alot of references to it in several files. The map seemed really awesome since you could fly ships in it and all.

Maybe you're planning to include the map in a future patch?
 Wheelchairboy
09-22-2003, 4:11 PM
Hey Chang, can you comment on the g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers variable. Is there a reason why it does not work in the retail version but does in the demo?

Just wondering, it was a really cool feature and opened the door for a bunch of different ways of playing the game.
 Flashblade
09-22-2003, 6:10 PM
Because you can't throw the staff.

Oho do I know more than you? :D That is actually not true you CAN throw the staff all you have to do for this is to press the change stance key the second blade will be deactivated and than you can throw the staff ;)

But thanks for the melee weapon code that sounds interesting Ive got to try that :)

And another thing thank you very much for taking alot of time in the forums today!
 BS87
09-22-2003, 6:47 PM
Oho do I know more than you? :D That is actually not true you CAN throw the staff all you have to do for this is to press the change stance key the second blade will be deactivated and than you can throw the staff ;)

Ahh, but then its not a staff. It is a single blade, stuck on the medium style :p
 Flashblade
09-22-2003, 7:37 PM
EDIT: okay, there is a way to be able to access that menu in-game, but I don't recommend it because it will *always* load that menu when you load a level and, thereby, increase your loading time. But, if you MUST have it, you can do this:

extract the ui.menus.txt and ui/ingame.txt from the .pk3 file into your base folder. Then, open the menus.txt and copy the line with the ui/character.menu reference and paste that into the ingame.txt (before the final "}").

Now you can type this to bring up the character menu in-game:

uimenu charactermenu

Make your selections, then hit next, then go back to the game. You'll notice you still look the same. The game needs to get the new custom look from the menu, to do this, type:

playermodel player

This tells the game to re-initialize the player model from the menu cvars.

Now, again, I don't recommend this - this makes the game load extra stuff when loading a map, but if you *must* have it, go for it... :)

This is not working as well. I still get the same error message. I hope you take a look at this thread again. Uhm when I extracted the files they were in ui folder should they stay in this folder in base folder???
 Flashblade
09-22-2003, 7:42 PM
whatever you can throw the staff if needed. Does it matter that only one blade is active? Not for me!

Another thing dang muhahahaha this melee mode is ultra fun. Wanna return the favor when Kyle kicks punches and throws you around with iknowkungfu you can. You have the same moves available :D
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-22-2003, 10:48 PM
This is not working as well. I still get the same error message. I hope you take a look at this thread again. Uhm when I extracted the files they were in ui folder should they stay in this folder in base folder???

They should be in base/ui

I haven't tried this with the retail version, just our local build here that we develop with... perhaps it doesn't work with .pk3 files? Maybe it's reading the .pk3 version of the ingame.txt instead of the one you extracted? Where is it located and what are it's contents (after you edited it)?
 Prime
09-23-2003, 1:09 AM
I know the playermodel can be used to select either componants for a custom character or one of the NPCs as the model for the player. But I am wondering what the best way is to use a custom model as the player.

The only way I see to do it so far is to create a .npc file containing information about the model, desired lightsaber, and so on. Is using the playermodel command this way the best way to use a custom model for the player?

I am also wondering about getting different lightsaber stances. In JO, simply setting the saber offense to 3 was enough to get the blue, yellow, and red stances. This doesn't seem to be the case in JA. I am not sure how the settings in the .npc file affect the lightsaber abilities of the character. How can I set the game up so I can use certain lightsaber stances? For example, a player that can use blue, yellow, and red?

Finally, it seems that using playermodel <NPC> gives the character the abilities of the NPC selected. Is this solely based on the .npc file? What would I have to do so that I can only use the model and not any abilities of the npc?

Thanks for any help :)
Page: 2 of 5