Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the moldy crow/the enemies

Page: 1 of 1
 Ackehallgren
04-18-2003, 4:46 PM
Hi, i just noticed a thing with the moldy crow...

The thing is:

I was just coming to the end of the demo where the crow lands and picks ya up. I shoot the two Stormies staring at me, and starts walking forward...
I have just 2 in HP and i get shot by the commando standing in the corner...
The Crow lands above my dead body, and the commando starts walking a little then stops, then walks a little more, then stops etc...

My thougts:

Since it is very possible for one to die up there, u should try to make the crow as an "allied" object.
So when u try to finish the mission, (if any left) the enemies start shooting at both u and the ship...

Is this possible? :)

Plus it would look really cool too! :D
 Fracman
04-19-2003, 12:11 PM
And the Crow / Jan could start firing at the Stormies with the ship's cannons...

Nice idea, let's see what we can do with this.

Fracman
 Ackehallgren
04-19-2003, 12:59 PM
excactly! :D

Jan firing them would be realy awesome!!! :D
 The_One
04-19-2003, 3:18 PM
I always liked the idea of the Crow having a weapon that you could operate ala Lando's ship in JKII.

Would add a nice feature to be able to take down enemies as you're leaving at the end of a level ;)
 Ackehallgren
04-19-2003, 4:00 PM
that would be kinda cool too! :)

But if so, keep Jan shooting down the remaining troopers!
Thats awesome!
 StormHammer
04-19-2003, 5:14 PM
Hell, that gets my vote. It even says something like that in the books about this mission...Jan comes in firing, taking out Imperials until she gets to Kyle, and then they blast out of there, guns-a-blazin'. Go for it...it will be awesome. =D
 Katarn07
04-19-2003, 5:19 PM
Since you will be getting the Crow to have its own firing action, can we get to see the dogfight between the Crow and them TIES as you fight Boba Fett on Coruscant?
 ImmolatedYoda
04-20-2003, 2:21 AM
the question is....::eerie voice:: can it be done?
 Fracman
04-20-2003, 3:12 AM
A possibility would to make the starfighters behabe like NPC, e.g. assign the Ties to team blue and the Crow to team red, insert them in a transparent level on ceiling of the map and let the starfighters follow each other along some bot routes.
I don't know if this would work, that's just a crazy idea :D
 The_One
04-20-2003, 7:44 AM
It happens in JKII a couple of times - when you look out the window in the Doomgiver, and when you are fighting the ATSTs in mission 3 or 4, there is a fight above you.

We can just dig out those scripts from the assetts pk3s and see how they're done...
 Ackehallgren
04-20-2003, 2:39 PM
yay :D cool
 recombinant
04-27-2003, 3:30 AM
Originally posted by The_One
We can just dig out those scripts from the assetts pk3s and see how they're done...

"Now if only we could get the scripting engine working," JediStone muses....

:D
 The_One
04-27-2003, 8:18 AM
Originally posted by JediStone
"Now if only we could get the scripting engine working," JediStone muses....

Your problem, not mine :p
 Geoffrey S
04-27-2003, 8:43 AM
Damn those coders constantly complaining about the limits to the engine... ;)
 Mullaney
04-27-2003, 6:36 PM
Hey, I would like to hear complaining. As long as it means something hella cool like Jan wasting stormtroopers would be added to the mod.

Yes I said hella, I do live in Northern California
 recombinant
04-27-2003, 9:26 PM
Originally posted by Geoffrey S
Damn those coders constantly complaining about the limits to the engine... ;)

Yeah, we do that a lot, I guess... and it's an issue that could have been soved by them releasing the SP SDK. :rolleyes:

But we'll keep plugging away at it!!!

Solbe M'ko
05-06-2003, 3:18 AM
I may just be mistaken, but didn't Jan call the Mouldy Crow the "Raven" a couple times in DF? Also, whats up with the goofy lookin X-Wing wings (lol) on the new Raven's Claw. I havn't read the books so I may have missed something.
 Mullaney
05-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Im positive that Jan never called the Crow "Raven" in jkii she does because thats what it actually was, a completley different ship(The Mouldy Crow was destroyed in jki). Have you actually played DF because thats what the Mouldy Crow looks like in it, it has thoses wings.
 recombinant
05-06-2003, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by Mullaney
Yes I said hella, I do live in Northern California

Hey, so do I....

...er, though I don't generally say "hella."

Maybe it just gets back to the "being old" discussion. ;)

:holosid:
 The_One
05-06-2003, 3:07 PM
Actually, the Moldy Crow was never referred to by name in Dark Forces. At that time, when people asked what it was called, they only called it the "Crow". The "Moldy Crow" was actually a joke name, but they adopted it for JK.
 Darth_Linux
05-07-2003, 7:46 PM
Originally posted by Solbe M'ko
I may just be mistaken, but didn't Jan call the Mouldy Crow the "Raven" a couple times in DF? Also, whats up with the goofy lookin X-Wing wings (lol) on the new Raven's Claw. I havn't read the books so I may have missed something.

No, Jan never called it the Raven, she called it the Crow. Those "new" X-wings are in fact the correct wings for the Mouldy Crow. It isn't a new Raven's Claw, it's a completely different ship.
 Ackehallgren
11-02-2003, 1:44 PM
Will this be easier to make in JA?
 The_One
11-02-2003, 7:05 PM
Originally posted by Ackehallgren
Will this be easier to make in JA?

Still waiting for the full tool release, so we can see what we can/can't do.

However, scripting is available in both SP and MP JA, so scripted dog-fight sequences shouldn't be too much of a problem, regardless of whether we use MP or SP :D
 Ackehallgren
01-30-2004, 4:29 PM
is the tools released yet?
 The_One
01-30-2004, 6:08 PM
Originally posted by Ackehallgren
is the tools released yet?

Yes they are, but this feature isn't priority at the moment...
 Ackehallgren
03-25-2004, 5:25 PM
Priority yet? Regarding second demo? :D
Page: 1 of 1