Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP Hive Mind

Page: 1 of 1
 RandomMonkey
03-18-2003, 6:02 PM
Ok this is my newly started map which shall be known as "Hive Mind" It is gonna be a design that is based around a cross between a termite and bugger (enders game) hive I could use some different textures and models (A larva model and some other dirts and egg textures) and would apreciate any help. I will be posting screenies as they come.
 Eldritch
03-18-2003, 6:46 PM
Sounds like a cool idea, but normally you post when you already have screenies to present. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
 Kengo
03-18-2003, 7:08 PM
I thought I was the only one who read that book. Weirdest book I have ever read....very good though, wow, you better have a vivid imagination to map it!
 Darth Link
03-18-2003, 10:37 PM
enders game and enders shadow were awesome books. make the playground or the giant's corpse. that would be neat
 wedge2211
03-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Ender's Game ROCKS. 'Nuff said. I tried to make a Battleroom FFA map, but zero-g doesn't work in MP. I also floated an idea for an Ender's Game mod, but I can't code and no one bit the bait. :)
 Wes Marrakesh
03-20-2003, 9:13 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211
Ender's Game ROCKS. 'Nuff said. I tried to make a Battleroom FFA map, but zero-g doesn't work in MP. I also floated an idea for an Ender's Game mod, but I can't code and no one bit the bait. :)

Ender's Game is probably the best book I have ever read. And this map would be hella sweet (or the giant's playground)
 Darth Link
03-21-2003, 1:55 AM
I also tried making the zero-G battle room. of course, 0 gravity messes stuff up. I tried it with gravity around 100 and less, but it still is weird. I put fans on the bottom of the map so you'd bounce back up, but thats a pretty dumb idea. there werent any fans in the actual battle room:(
 wedge2211
03-21-2003, 2:49 PM
Looks like a battleroom is restricted to mod-dom. (Dammit, I wish I could code!)
 Altus_Thrawn
03-23-2003, 7:33 AM
It might be possible, if you made JUST the battleroom. In worldspawn gravity could be very low, and trigger pushes around all walls...

But would be very hard.

And to be on topic, you and your maps are awsome!
 Hekx
03-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Hive eh? Any chance of a Resi Evil Hive map? :D
Page: 1 of 1