Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

By Your Command,...

Page: 1 of 1
 HapSlash
02-18-2003, 12:48 AM
I spent the morning watching Battlestar Galactica and was inspired to start a new model.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/centurion.jpg)

Battlestar Galactica returns to SCI FI in a special run, Monday to Friday,
February 17 to 21, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET/PT.
http://www.scifi.com/galactica/)
 inbredyokel
02-18-2003, 1:00 AM
Very kick ass... normally I'm kind of anal about using non-star wars models, but for this I think I'll be making an exception...
Oh yeah, and you do realize that you're gonna have to do a sword model to replace the lightsaber?
 t3rr0r
02-18-2003, 8:00 AM
yay! you have returned to us once more. :D also, the model looks tight.
 Rebel_Spy
02-18-2003, 9:03 AM
I like the Cylon centurion, it's very good. One question, do you think that it could be possible to animate the little red light on the visor?
 Pnut_Man
02-18-2003, 9:16 AM
It looks very nice, too bad the movie was so god damn boring...
I'm also wondering how your skywalker model is coming along, you posted a shot of it a while back in the skinning forum.
 MasterKoon237
02-18-2003, 9:25 AM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
I'm also wondering how your skywalker model is coming along, you posted a shot of it a while back in the skinning forum.

that was just what i was gonna ask. I know you sent me an email back about it Hapslash, so i thought this was the WIP thread of the skywalker model. But the model it is of is kick butt anyway! Never heard of the movie though.
 boinga1
02-18-2003, 5:27 PM
looks cool. will the sword be able to be surfed off? would make for a cool SW type model then :) :) (reskinned, maybe)
 Clemme w/Stick
02-18-2003, 5:30 PM
Hmm, very nice work there. I'm looking forward to see it when its done! Keep up the good work!

-Clemme
 HapSlash
02-19-2003, 6:02 PM
Thanks,... the model still needs some work, but I'm happy with the direction it's taking. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave the sword in or not. Only about half of the Cylons wore them, and which ones, seems to be random.

The light would be great if it could be animated, but I have no idea if it can even be done,... Anyone else know?

As for my other models, including the Luke one, they're still being worked on, but haven't had much time lately to do much or post very often.
 Rebel_Spy
02-19-2003, 6:13 PM
Originally posted by HapSlash

The light would be great if it could be animated, but I have no idea if it can even be done,... Anyone else know?

I don't know for sure, I hope that kind of animation can be achieved 'cause that will be make this model more outstanding.

off topic question: HapSlash, dude, what ever happen to that Scorpie and Cmdr Crichton's WIP?
 Matt-Liell
02-19-2003, 6:17 PM

Yes I am 99.9% sure it can be done with a shader, but I myself do not know how. Ask Arco or Toonces, they'd probably know. Its the same idea as the glowing buttons on control pannel models.
 HapSlash
02-19-2003, 6:30 PM
I've been busy putting together several Farscape models and am designing a seperate page for them on my website. It should be up soon, but don't quote me on that.

I've been considering putting together a team to make a Farscape mod,... but I've got my hands on so many projects right now I'll probably wait till they've thinned out a bit.
 Rebel_Spy
02-20-2003, 9:30 AM
Well, count me in for that Farscape mod. You know, I'll start modeling wynona, the qualta blade, and some other peacekeeper weapons... Soon...
 ninja
02-20-2003, 11:47 AM
now thats old school lol, very good choice and creativity. more power to you.
 HapSlash
02-21-2003, 9:01 AM
Well, count me in for that Farscape mod. You know, I'll start modeling wynona, the qualta blade, and some other peacekeeper weapons... Soon...
It's funny that you should mention those,.... I started on models for these a couple of months ago, but haven't worked on them in a while.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/pulsepistol.jpg)

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/pulserifle.jpg)

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/qualta2.jpg)
 Rebel_Spy
02-21-2003, 4:08 PM
It's funny that you should mention those,.... I started on models for these a couple of months ago, but haven't worked on them in a while.

Wow, man, that's amazing!...That pulse gun looks so goood!.

Can't wait to see that gun in action.
 HapSlash
02-21-2003, 6:16 PM
Thanks,...

What's the average poly count for custom weapons in JKII? I wasn't really sure when I was making these models,...
 Hellfire Jedi
02-21-2003, 6:25 PM
I would guess....Normally AROUND the same as a player model 3000 at the most.....That is what I BELIVE....
 Psynex
02-21-2003, 10:51 PM
3000! If that were the case then you'd have nearly 6000 polys with just one model on screen. I would say to keep it under 400. You don't need a lot of detail with a saber because you don't see them that close that you need to model in detail. A good skin will finish the job for you.
 HapSlash
02-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Yeah,... I'd say 3000 is too much as well. the models I have linked above are between 400-500.

This one's about 3000 right now though,...

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/colonialblaster.jpg)

I'm in the middle of making it for the game, but the gun is asymmetrical, and might push the limit of the polys a bit, that's why I was wondering what the general allowance would be.
 SupremePain
02-22-2003, 8:42 AM
yeah 3000 is way too much!.... those weapon models are looking nice indead plus they have a good poly count (other then the one thats 3000 lol) and im very happy Hap is back, now we can all check out his pimping models so....welcome back Hap!:D
 Hellfire Jedi
02-22-2003, 10:02 AM
I said I guessed......Im not a modeler as of now.....
But when I do model my first project will be Sam Fisher, then Vash T.S.
 Matt-Liell
02-22-2003, 10:06 AM
1200-2000 should be max for weapon models.
 bleek
02-22-2003, 11:06 AM
I like that sword a lot....wish someone would make a sword pack that replaced every saber color with a different type of sword. And of course it would need sounds. And make it where when you turn on the saber...you dont see the saber pop up inside the sword...bleh. Think there is a couple of these..but they suck.
 t3rr0r
02-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by bleek
I like that sword a lot....wish someone would make a sword pack that replaced every saber color with a different type of sword. And of course it would need sounds. And make it where when you turn on the saber...you dont see the saber pop up inside the sword...bleh. Think there is a couple of these..but they suck.
that would require some coding.
 bleek
02-22-2003, 2:02 PM
Well if anyone would want to that would be awesome. I dun know anything about that kinda stuff.

BTW....the model looks awesome! ...all of em :p
 Rebel_Spy
02-23-2003, 6:33 PM
I agree with Matt-Liel, should be around 1000-2000 polys.
 HapSlash
02-25-2003, 1:38 AM
Here is what I have for the Cylon's rifle so far,...

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/cyrifle.jpg)

I still need to get some better detailed pictures before I can finish it, but it probably wont look all that much different than it does now.
 Rebel_Spy
03-31-2003, 1:22 PM
HapSlash, any updates so far? Did you find those references pics? and what happen to that Farscape TC?, I'm still interested in be part of it, if I could.
 DarkLord60
03-31-2003, 7:22 PM
This model look freakin awesome!
 ninja
04-01-2003, 12:15 AM
man this is gonna be a cool model.
 HapSlash
04-02-2003, 4:45 AM
I've put up a few new pages on my site, and one of them has a picture of the current model. It doesn't really look like it's changed much as most of the work that I've done is in refining the mesh.

I've got some more shots I can put on the site of some in-progress work, but I've got a few things I need to take care of first. I also plan on updating with more information on some of the models I've worked on in the past but have yet to finish.

Oh yeah, and for those interested in a Farscape mod I've started a basic site, but it doesn't have any real content yet. You can find the link in my sig.
 t3rr0r
04-02-2003, 8:05 AM
I've put up a few new pages on my site, and one of them has a picture of the current model. It doesn't really look like it's changed much as most of the work that I've done is in refining the mesh.
love the new work, as always, hapslash... how are the other models coming along?
 HapSlash
04-02-2003, 9:50 PM
Most of the other models haven't gotten very much farther than they've been for a while.

Some of them only need to have the skeleton worked into them, but it's a task I easily get bored with. I've been talking to someone about getting some of my models into the game, but he's almost as clueless about it as I am.
 sledgy
04-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Wahoo!!! I'm glad a Cylon is making it into the game...the only only one I've seen was a Cylon skin for the Quake1 guy back in '96.

Don't forget the super-hi-glossy-burn-your-eyes-out shader!
 .:Solusar:.
04-04-2003, 1:04 AM
WoW!
What a Kick A$$ model.. im seriously impressed..
Looks like a robotic samurai or sumtin like that.. man keep up with the good work!
 Rebel_Spy
04-04-2003, 11:08 AM
D'argo is looking so good, man. Any plans on modeling Moya or Talin? Did you get my e-mail?
 HapSlash
04-04-2003, 2:14 PM
Thanks,...

I did get your message, but I don't get online every day and sometimes I forget to check my mail.

I don't have any mapping experience so I'd have to leave that up to some one else.
 ninja
04-08-2003, 1:48 AM
lol i was just watching that movie a few days ago on the sci-fi chanel lol. i forgot how shiny they are aaaaahhhhhh i'm blind lol.
 .:Solusar:.
04-08-2003, 1:51 AM
I seriously can't wait for this model too come out, im like so anxious. Well is the model almost done or does it still need more finishing touches? when i looked at the screenshot i was like wow just send it in already!
 ninja
04-13-2003, 6:28 PM
check out this cool pic i found lol. http://www.legionxxiv.org/cylon124/dc01cylon2trprs.jpg)
 HapSlash
04-14-2003, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by CyBerNetiX
I seriously can't wait for this model too come out, im like so anxious. Well is the model almost done or does it still need more finishing touches? when i looked at the screenshot i was like wow just send it in already!

Thanks,.... I would, but the model doesn't actually have any textures on it yet, it hasn't even been uv mapped. The chrome look was achieved through simple lighting effects.
 g-blatt
04-24-2003, 1:33 AM
will there be a skin with that ever-so-slight golden tint?

posted by sledgy
Don't forget the super-hi-glossy-burn-your-eyes-out shader!
Don't make it to shiny, I want to be able to see them, thats the one thing I diden't like about the Cylon's.
That and that they kept falling for the old turn-of-the-engines-so-we-can-shot-them-from-the-back trick...
 HapSlash
04-25-2003, 3:28 AM
posted by g-blatt
will there be a skin with that ever-so-slight golden tint?

Yeah,... I'm planning on including the Cylon Commander re-color along with the Centurion.

That and that they kept falling for the old turn-of-the-engines-so-we-can-shot-them-from-the-back trick...

It's just another bug in the Cylon programming that none of them ever lived long enough to report.
 g-blatt
04-25-2003, 3:44 PM
lol
oh and btw, any up-dates?
 g-blatt
04-25-2003, 3:44 PM
lol
oh and btw, any up-dates?
 HapSlash
04-25-2003, 7:37 PM
Not really,...

I haven't done much editing in the past month, been getting that dredded spring cleaning out of the way. That and I think one of my relatives poisened me with their Easter dinner, couldn't get out of bed for almost 2 days.
 PerfectJamie
04-28-2003, 1:39 AM
I beleive the map won't load, or the game quits as soon as the weapon is on screen, unless you keep the poly count below 1000, but I managed 1100 so somewhere around 1100 should be ok
 ninja
07-19-2003, 3:19 PM
how you doin HAP, havent heard from you in a while.
 HapSlash
07-23-2003, 7:10 AM
I started up my own thread in the main showcase forum. I simply had too many projects started to keep individual threads for each of them,...

That and they are both models and skins, so technically they really don't belong in either modeling or skinning forum.

I don't know if you've seen it yet, but you can find the thread here:
HapSlash's Website - UPDATED (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101572)

See you there,... :dev7:
Page: 1 of 1