Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina Six: Postlude to Holocaust Part II

Page: 4 of 5
 Redwing
02-05-2003, 2:11 AM
*The creature knocks back Orthos with a stream of flame. It turns and hisses at Heimdall, then leaps onto a relatively high section of wall, swiftly and smoothly. It leaps into the air.

Aidan gets into the air as well and glides after it. He sends energy bolt after energy bolt after it, but they have no noticeable effect except to annoy the creature. It turns and sweeps Aidan out of the air again. Aidan hits another wall section, momentarily stunned. The creature circles and shoots a stream of fire again.

Aidan covers his body with a crackling energy field just as the fire sweeps over him. The flames stop and he lowers his arms just in time to see the creature's tail rushing at him.

The tail's spike impales Aidan through his stomach, pinning him to wall. The creature screeches as it withdraws its spike, and Aidan falls to the ground.

Raschel empties her entire blaster clip at the creature. It has no effect, even in getting the creature's attention. Misae's lightsaber does attract the creature, however, which bites it right out of her hand and heaves it spinning across the floor, still ignited.

Marin completes her morph into a large, shimmering blue wolflike creature. She calls out in thought speech* <Guys, I can see some kind of glowy thing in the iron part in its...third set of hips. I think it's a power source of some kind.>
 Admiral
02-05-2003, 11:10 AM
*Heimdall sees the glowing thing seconds after Marin mentions it. Picking up his dagger he throws it with all his might at the section. It barely penetrates, it did widden the area so Heimdall could get a better look at the glowing thing.

Idun moves towards Aidan. Seeing if it were possible to help him*
 Deac
02-05-2003, 1:48 PM
*Orthos lunges for the spot. By doing so, the creature seems to slow down and get even more angry. It knocks Orthos aside once again*
 Admiral
02-05-2003, 4:19 PM
*Heimdall Steps in front of Orthos, protecting him and allowing him to get up*

Heimdall: I'll try to distract it, you go for that spot.
 Scar Da Kookee
02-05-2003, 5:08 PM
*WH Irvine was awake during the whole thing... He was still in far too much pain to even do anything...*

RH Irvine: "So are you going to let us two heal, maybe we could be done with some peace..."
 Redwing
02-05-2003, 8:52 PM
((OOS: I'll assume Heimdall saw the "glowing thing" through a reflection through a chink in the creature's armor, because Marin's morph is what let her see it (it has a sort of x-ray vision that way...should have mentioned it in the first place ^^;; )))

*The creature takes to the air again. It scatters Heimdall and Orthos with another blast of fire*

Guy: *firing at the creature* We can't hit that if it doesn't hold still!

Marin: <Your belt. Is that a concussion bomb?>

Guy: *somewhat taken aback* Yes, it is...

Marin: <If we can lure the creature to the entrance of the room where Heimdall took the crystals, we can use that to knock it into one of the gravity traps. If it...>

Guy: And if it impales itself on one of the spikes, it will give us a window of at least a few seconds in which to try and deactivate it.

*Guy puts down his blaster, and takes out the concussion bomb*
 Deac
02-06-2003, 2:26 PM
*Orthos runs his finger along the end of his sword, making a small cut. He holds the finger near the creature, which roars and begins to chase him*

Yeah! Come toward me!

*Orthos moves toward the gravity trap*
 Scar Da Kookee
02-06-2003, 7:23 PM
*RH Irvine, beaten and battered gets put back into his own tank. while WH Irvine gets released from his...*

WH Irvine: "Okay, what the hell do you want from me??"

Man in robes: "Name. Rank. Designation. Anything else."

WH Irvine: "Simple enough. Irvine Cracken Palpatine. Captain. Unassigned, currently."

Man in robes: "Captian. Have you any clue whom that person is in that tank?"

WH Irvine: "A hell of a look alike..."

Man in Robes: "No, HE is Irvine Cracken Palpatine. He's rank is Commander. His designation is classified. YOUR his clone."

WH Irvine: "WHAT!?"

Man in robes: "Yes, you were his replacement, when he "supposedly" died when he was no more then three. You were cloned from his DNA. Recorded were altered to show that the true Irvine was born three years prior to his actual birth. As you can see, the man whom you replaced, is alive and up til a while ago, well..."

WH Irvine: "No..."
 Redwing
02-07-2003, 2:19 AM
*The creature roars at Orthos and shoots flame at him again. It flies around him and lands again, lashing out with its tail...only to be find it landing inside the gravity room, falling upwards towards the ceiling. Confused, it rights itself and hisses at the group*

Marin: Now!

*Guy tosses the circular concussion bomb* Get clear!

*The bomb bounces once, then at the top of its second arc freezes for an instant as it crosses the gravity line. It shatters like glass in midair at the same moment.

An enormous wave of energy billows out of the shattering sphere. The group get back to avoid it, but the wave catches the creature off balance. It flies backwards, and suddenly finds itself caught in yet another altered gravitational pull as it gets too close to the walls. It is pulled rapidly backwards and impaled on several very large spikes.

The creature screeches, not in pain but in annoyance. It squirms to get free*

Marin: <It's vulnerable!> *begins to demorph into her normal form* <Go! I'll morph something to pull you back!>
 Deac
02-07-2003, 1:36 PM
*Orthos stabs the Starkiller Sword thorugh the chest of the monster. It begins to slow further, and creek as metal parts rub together. Unfortunatley the sword is now stuck in the body, and Orthos is dragged about as he holds onto it....*
 Admiral
02-07-2003, 2:17 PM
*Taking note of what Orthos has done Heimdall runs his swords through the creatures chest, near wear Orthos blade was now stuck.

The Creature slowed further.*

Heimdall: Damn I wished I brought my rifle.
---------------------

*Idun tends to Aidan, bandaging his wound, and stablizing him (trying to that is)*
 Redwing
02-07-2003, 8:40 PM
*Misae picks up her lightsaber again and Force-throws it into the monster's heart, piercing the glowing object inside it. The monster stiffens and creaks*
 Deac
02-08-2003, 3:26 PM
*Orthos shifts the position of the Sword. The creature roars louder, splutters and stops moving. He takes the sword out and walks away, only for it to lunge at him again*

Damn! It played dead!
 Admiral
02-08-2003, 4:18 PM
((Scar: Your new character if shooting at the creature correct? Well then that isn't possible. Mainly because the area is sealed prevanting anyone from entering or exiting.))
 Redwing
02-08-2003, 7:35 PM
((? ...er...I guess Scar deleted his post :p))

*Misae sees her lightsaber is still embedded in the glowing device, and reaches out with the Force to shove it further in. The monster slows, causing it to just miss biting Orthos in half.

Marin finishes morphing back to her normal form and begins to shapeshift again*
 Scar Da Kookee
02-09-2003, 9:47 PM
((booyah! :D))

WH Irvine: "So, what are you going to do with me." *smiles* "Chops me up and use me for Gnort bait?"

*the large man whom was beating on RH Irvine, looks at the man in robes, whom nods shortly after.*

*The large man goes to swing at WH Irvine, and WH Irvine blocks it...*

WH Irvine: "Ooops. You shouldn't have kept me in there as long..."

*WH Irvine preforms a prefect kick flip from his previos kneeling position. This causes a surprise in not only by the large man, whom is quite shaken on the other side of the room, but the man in robes is also too.*

WH Irvine: *landing on feet* "I don't need to start swinging more. But now I will ask questions... First who are you people. second,why have you taken us two reguardless to tell me the wonderful news. third, whats the meaning of this interrigation?" 'okay, Im just going to bluff more, it worked before on that station... still sore...'
 Redwing
02-10-2003, 3:33 AM
((You're only making yourself look stupid(er - j/k :D :p) :rolleyes:

btw: Deac, Orthos as well as Heimdall and Misae are currently in sideways gravity along with the beast ;)))

*Marin finishes shapeshifting. She is now a deep black, strange creature resembling an enormous, stretched-out ape with a squished white face...with very long arms*

Marin: <Will somebody kill that thing already?!>

*She glances over at Aidan, who is unconscious.

Guy fires his blasters at the glowing object*

Guy: Trying! Energy bolts don't seem to have an effect on its power source.
 Deac
02-10-2003, 2:00 PM
*Orthos leaps onto it's back. It tries to throw him off, but Orthos clings on. Then he feels his eyes closing, himself becoming not quite so conscious, as when he dreampt of the bleeding insignia, and when Lokpihet attacked. He feels his blade moving almost on it's own, slicing its way through the beast's neck*
 Redwing
02-10-2003, 9:55 PM
*Orthos' blade slows and stops, some invisible force obstructing its pathway.

Misae rips her lightsaber out of the beast's heart with the Force*

Misae: DIE!!

*Misae feels a surge of dark energy flow through her as her anger gets the better of her. She telekinetically plunges the lightsaber back into the beast's glowing heart again. The crystal explodes in light.

Orthos' sword suddenly slices through*
 Admiral
02-11-2003, 8:23 PM
*In it's death throws the creatures tail comes directly at Heimdall. Who had just freed his sword. In a smooth stroke he cleaves the tail and it falls to the cieling. Poision oozes from it. The Creature now lay motionless dead. He picks up his dagger wipping the blood off the blood he sheaths it. Heimdall exits the room, passing Misea*

Heimdall: You are dangerously close to the Dark side, be very careful.

*Without another word he passes her and sheaths his sword and goes over to Idun, bends down and looks at Aidan*

Heimdall: How is he?

Idun: I'm not sure, I need to get him to the Asgardreid.

Heimdall: Well the creature is dead let's see if we can leave.

*He goes to the door and with a small effort it opens.*

Heimdall: I'm taking Aidan to the ship, I believe we have what we came for as well.

*He picks up Aidan, and he and Idun leave the area heading back to the Asgardried. They don't wait for the others, reaching the portal the pass through and are once again transported to the station. From there they head to the ship*
 Redwing
02-12-2003, 4:33 AM
*Marin pulls the others up and demorphs. The group carefully steps over the fallen pieces of wall and ceiling on their way out*

Guy: *to Heimdall* I don't think you can cure that wound...that poison looked, uh, how to put this. Enchanted.

Marin: I don't think the wound's fatal.

Guy: If it's poison it well could be.

Raschel: *to Orthos* Here's hoping that we're done with this part of the whole "quest" thing.

Guy: *overhearing her* But not with the quest. Remember? Ten keys, seven gates, fire, eye and ice. We're on key two, looking for gate two.

Raschel: *stops* You mean we're going to have to deal with nine more freaky temples and stuff just as bad as that before we can get ahold of the stupid Time Matrix?

Guy: Actually, considering this was the first stage of the *makes "quotes" with his fingers* 'quest' - that was probably the easiest part.

Raschel: Oh...no.

Guy: *to Heimdall* Speaking of which, that map? Where does it say to go? Oh, by the way, about the kid gargoyle, I think I can help.
 Scar Da Kookee
02-12-2003, 8:47 AM
((Red, your such a bitch for copying my copy like that ^_^ :P :D))

Man in Robes: "Very well then. My first answer would be that we are the very same people that trained your 'brother', lets just call him that for now..."

WH Irvine: "Alright..."

Man in robes: "Secondly, seeing is that he's one of the last of our operitives, I had to make sure that he wouldn't die by imperial hands. Lastly We have to make sure we could trust you with our secrets, and see if you might join us..."

WH Irvine: "That says alot. But why have you gone to harm him?" *shook head in direction of RH Irvine*

Man in Robes: "We try to keep our operitives in a sort of training mode. just incase one can't do what he's trained to do, he's no longer of to any use to us... I trust you might need to continue to be in that bacta tank?"

WH Irvine: "I can manage."

Man in Robes: "You sure? Last time we saw you injured you were barely carring your weight around."

WH Irvine: "What? How? When?"

Man in robes: "Oh, on that space station, it may look to be not ours, but we actually control that station sense the holocaust. execpt all the people operating it, don't know we own it. It's rather Ironic..."

WH Irvine: "I take it you rather not prefer being in the spotlight then, huh? So where are we..."

Man in Robes: "Still on Coresant... And we are going to be for a while..."

WH Irvine: "Good enough for me."

*WH Irvine goes back into the bacta and finishes his treatments*
 Admiral
02-12-2003, 10:45 AM
*Just before Heimdall enters the portal*

Heimdall: I haven't looked closely but I did see a path leading away from the station. There was also a very small inscription under it. The Jist is that we are done here. We can discuss it on the ship

*He enters the portal*
 Deac
02-12-2003, 1:45 PM
*Orthos turns to Raschel, feeling weaker*

Raschel...I understand something...this sword *He holds up the Starkiller sword,which has the creature's blood stained into the word "Starkiller" on the hilt* was originally made for killing that monster... this is strange. And nine more to go. Fun.
 Redwing
02-12-2003, 9:04 PM
Raschel: *to Orthos* Are you feeling okay? ...You don't look so good.

Guy: *to Heimdall, walking through the portal* Well, as I was saying. I have access to some really cream-of-the-crop technology, including medical supplies. If that's enchanted poison, then I can possibly help him better than you can.
 Admiral
02-12-2003, 9:39 PM
Heimdall: Really now, and how do you have acess to such supplies and technology? Finally and most importantly do you have them on hand and if you don't how soon can you get them?

*Heimdall approaches the Hanger*
 Redwing
02-13-2003, 3:30 AM
Guy: I'm a Shadow, Heimdall. As such I have certain...ties that I can exploit for times like this. I know a place. How soon? If we use my ship, then pretty fast. If you want to use that thing - *comes to a stop seeing the Asgardried* I, uhh, have absolutely no idea.
 Admiral
02-14-2003, 10:26 AM
*Reaching the Asgardried*

Heimdall: If the quest is delayed then we risk disaster. So you will take Aidan in your ship and get him the appropiate medical attention.

*Pulling out the map he lays it against the hull of the Asgardried*

Meet us here. *Looking at the map Heimdall traces a path leading from the station, to Coruscant. He then gives Guy the coordinates. Opening a concealed hatch, Heimdall press a button opening the Asgarieds bay doors revealing Guy's ship*

Go as quickly as you can.
 Deac
02-14-2003, 1:50 PM
Orthos: I feel...weaker...like the power is diminishing... and yet something else is growing in it's place...

We should get moving...
 Redwing
02-14-2003, 8:12 PM
Guy: *hands Heimdall a communicator* Keep this on. If we're going to be going through with this quest thing, we should all make sure to keep in contact at all times. *smiles* Besides, you never know when you might need a lifeline.

*walks into the Asgardried's hangar bay, then stops and turns around* By the way, the place I'm going is sort of a stockpile spot used by my people. It's got a vertiable horde of all kinds of things we might need; food, supplies, transports, weapons...and medical of course. If you need something special I can bring it.

*Guy puts Aidan into his ship as the others catch up*

Marin: Coruscant. Back to where it all began, huh? *to Guy* I trust you know you what you're doing with him, right?

Guy: Don't worry. I may be a Shadow, but I'm not that much of a bastard. This thing is bigger than all of us, and I realize---

*Marin looks strangely at him* You don't need the speech. Of course you aren't. *turns and walks away without giving any indication as to what she meant. Guy stares after her confused*

Raschel: *to Orthos* Growing? You don't think...you don't think a Darkstar is coming back inside you, do you?
 Admiral
02-16-2003, 1:57 AM
Heimdall: Bring back medical supplies especially those that can cure magic wounds. If possible, get some more weapons, those dark grey suits you shadows seem so fond of wearing, and anything else you think we may need.
 Redwing
02-16-2003, 2:22 AM
Guy: You've had experience with us before I take it? Well, no dice on the full suits, you need alot of training to wear those. Heck, even to move in them. But I can get you the next best things. *Aidan groans* Okay, tell me over this thing. I'd better go.

*Guy gets in his ship* Everyone get clear. Going to go warp and if anyone is in twenty feet, they'll regret it.
 Deac
02-16-2003, 10:34 AM
*Orthos looks at the ground and thinks*

I think...I think something entirely new is growing in it's place...something stronger...almost as if...Alminstar's coming back...
 Admiral
02-16-2003, 10:15 PM
*Everyone backs away allowing Guy to leave.*

Heimdall: As soon as Guy goes, we are leaving.

*A tone sounds followed by a voice*

Voice: Station will self destruct in 10 minutes.

*Heimdall shakes his head*

Heimdall *muttering*: Why can't anything be easy.
 Redwing
02-17-2003, 1:38 AM
*Guy's ship swivels and points towards the hangar opening. The engines glow, and his ship shoots forward, distorts, and vanishes*

Marin: *to Heimdall* Does it give any hint as to what we need to do on Coruscant?

Misae: Can we leave now?

Raschel: Alminstar? But...wasn't he the power who made the Starkiller?
 Deac
02-17-2003, 7:38 AM
Orthos: Yes...almost as if...the Darkstar is...dying. That's it! I was never meant to fight that monster, and so as the power faded, the Darkstar...is dying. Whoa.
 Admiral
02-17-2003, 7:21 PM
*Seeing that it is safe to board*

Heimdall: I'm not sure. I only glanced at the map, and haven't even looked at the other thing. Once we are away we can look them over for clues.

Come on let's get aboard the ship

*Heimdall and Idun board the Asgardried.*
 Redwing
02-18-2003, 3:39 AM
Marin: Alright.

Raschel: Maybe you were meant to fight it. I mean, you rejected the Darkstar once. I don't think they'd just give it back to you after all that for no reason. Maybe the "higher powers" that started all this mess are trying to use you to fix it.

----------

*Somewhere on a small planet deep in the unknown regions*

Figure One: Did you feel that?

Figure Two: Yes. It seems the time has come.

Figure One: The Caloslocke and the Orthaeur Crystal have been destroyed. The awakening is at hand...
 Scar Da Kookee
02-18-2003, 8:29 AM
Figure three: *walking in* "We must get prepared."

((sry, was getting bored. maybe next post I'll let the irvines get out of bacta, and maybe 'bump' into someone))
 Admiral
02-18-2003, 2:49 PM
Heimdall: Are you coming or would you rather be destroyed along with the station?

*Entering the cockpit, Heimdall begins the prelaunch sequence*
 Deac
02-18-2003, 3:00 PM
Orthos: Maybe. I don't know. I don't understand much anymore. Just got to decide what to do with the time that is given to me.
 Admiral
02-18-2003, 4:36 PM
((@Deac: You really like LoTR don't you.

@who ever it concerns: This is the last boarding call for the Asgardreid. It is leaving at gate seven. Please get all characters on board))
 Scar Da Kookee
02-18-2003, 6:22 PM
*Both Irvines are released out of the Bacta, via timer*

*the room is physcally empty. All that remains is a few towels along with clean clothes, and the translucent form of Master Chi.*

RH Irvine: *seeing Chi dead* "Master..."

Chi: "It was bound to happen. I'm jsut here on a last favor, to tell you that your duties with the Faction are no longer needed. Our faction only ahs a few space stations left and one sole planet, fortunately it was the most populated. The faction will come out and make a treaty with the Republic, at least whats left of it. Get on with your life, and stay out of trouble."

RH Irvine: "I... I, understand..."

WH Irvine: "Great. Deceased Jedi... Should have expected it..."

Chi: "As for you, I regret for you to know about your condition."

WH Irvine: "Well, you know, **** happens..."

Chi: *stares blankly* "Well, okay... Um, you too watch yourself. Jsut don't fall into the darkside." *looks at the slight bruse left from earilyer*

WH Irvine: "Don't worry. It's been well noted from jerks that I've met eariler in the week... Now I'm with one that look slike me." *looks over to a glaring RH Irvine*

RH Irvine: "Shaddup."

Chi: ((*with a anime sweat bead behind his head* ((:D)))) "Very well. I bid you farewell." *bows and dissapears*

WH Irvine: "What, that guy trained you?"

RH Irvine: "He's a good man."

*WH Irvine shrugs*

WH Irvine: "I've been going along pretty good doing it myself..."

RH Irvine: "Well, at least he was the only person in the universe whom coudl teach ya form VII lightsaber combat."

WH Irvine: "Form 7?"

RH Irvine: "Yeah, the last two people who have used it was Master Chi, and Mace Windu."

WH Irvine: *thinks for a sec, then remembers about Mace Windu* "Ooh... Thats a large time between two masters of that Form. Your syaing you know it?"

WH Irvine: "Not prefected. But I'm very close."
 Redwing
02-18-2003, 9:19 PM
((OOS: Scar? No. No figure three. Unless you can tell me exactly who the figures are and what I'm doing with them.))

Raschel: *blankly* Sure. But what right do the Powers that Screw With You have to do any of this to you? Was there a contract somewhere that you signed? "Use me as an incubator, please?" Why do we have to do this stupid Find the Time Matrix thing anyway? If the Powers are so powerful, can't they just plop it in our laps or, I don't know, give us a simpler way to get to it? Anything but make us go on this quest?

*Raschel (and Orthos, I assume) and the remaining others board the ship*
 Deac
02-19-2003, 9:06 AM
*Orthos looks sadly at Raschel*

Orthos: I don't know why-I just do it! All my life I suffered under powerful evil, and now I get a chance to get back at it. What would you do? You wanted to kill Syrnl, didn't you? Well, if you had the kind of power for good I have...you'd want to use it. And that's why I'm going after the time matrix. To stop this mess from ever happening, then I can go to some nice world and buy a farm, and live there till I die!
 Scar Da Kookee
02-19-2003, 9:28 AM
((red, why can't I have a temp reactionary character? :D

Besides I have to do something while the rest of the characters finally get to Courescant.))

*A representitive to the Militarist Jedi Faction arrives at a diplomatic meeting with other diplomatic officals on Courescant*
 Admiral
02-19-2003, 7:27 PM
*Before the ramp closes, as the Asgardreid lifts up on it's repulsorlifts. It then flys out of the hangar bay at full power. Sitting in the bridge, Heimdall sets course for Coruscant. Once the nav computer finished it's calculations, the Asgardreid jumped into hyperspace.

Moments later the station self destructed.

Heimdall exited the bride and went to the lounge where the others were. Taking out the map and the other object. Heimdall unfolds the map on a center table. He then looks at the second object. After studing it a bit*

Heimdall: Well we have the second key and like the first it gives us directions. Something is strange about this map though.
 Redwing
02-20-2003, 3:44 AM
Raschel: *to Orthos* I didn't kill Syrnl when I could have. I made myself let go of the hate. You can do that too. You don't need power to get back at those who've hurt you. What if these Aeges are just using you? *Raschel stops and looks at Orthos* How do you know they'll just...let you go after all this?

Misae: *overhearing* You don't. You don't ask for these things Miss Raschel, they get thrust upon you. No matter how much you want to get rid of them, they never go away. You should consider yourself lucky.

*Marin picks up the key* It's like the first, besides the different shape, except the crystal is violet colored instead of clear. Does that mean anything in particular?

Misae: Anyway. What's so strange about this map?

----------

*Guy exits warp-space on a misty, shadowy planet. Aidan is still unconscious. Guy takes out a scanner and checks the area before venturing out.

He walks to a large grove of trees and recites a phrase in a strange language. The trees morph into the shape of a large building.

Guy picks up the communicator and speaks into it* I'm at the stockpile. So what's up with that map?
 Deac
02-20-2003, 3:26 PM
*Orthos smiles wickedly*

Orthos: Because they don't know how this will end. That's why Relthar, Lord of Revenge, is trying to get me to use the time matrix to achieve godhood, and Furro's trying to get me to use it for good. And do you know what I'm going to do with it? I'm going to end it all, no Darkstar, no Avatars, just peace. And then they will have to let me go.
 Redwing
02-20-2003, 8:18 PM
Raschel: But Orthos. What if you fail?
Page: 4 of 5