Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina Six: Postlude to Holocaust Part II

Page: 2 of 5
 Redwing
01-05-2003, 7:13 PM
Aidan: Oh great. A portal. I'm sure this will end well.

Raschel: *hesitates* So...we're supposed to go through that? It doesn't look so friendly...

Marin: Okay, let's recap. We're looking for gates. Or at least a gate. And we're supposed to unlock it with this. *holds up the clear crystal key that had started the entire mess* Are we supposed to assume that this portal will take us there?

Misae: *speaking for the first time since entering the station* I wouldn't, if I were you.

Marin: What do you mean?

*Misae points to a symbol directly above the portal. Marin looks at it, uncomprehending* What is it?

Misae: Sith.
 Admiral
01-05-2003, 7:52 PM
Idun: Not quite, the symbol resembles a sith marking but there are slight differences, if you know where to look. It is the mark of the Norns.

*Idun, steps through and is transported to a temple. She returns to give the all clear. Heimdall then goes through the portal.*
 Redwing
01-05-2003, 8:36 PM
*Misae looks suspicious at Idun's comment*

So, the Norns and the Sith share something in common...

...didn't they say the "Jotuns" helped create the Sith?...

*Misae steps through the portal. Marin enters, then Aidan. Raschel lags behind*

Raschel: *to Orthos* So...we follow them? Are you sure about all of this, Orthos?
 Deac
01-06-2003, 1:53 PM
I'm not sure about anything Raschel. But if we survive, we don't have to worry anymore. I'm sure this is what Deac would have done...did you ever meet him?

*Prepares mentally to enter portal*
 Redwing
01-07-2003, 10:17 AM
Raschel: No, I never did. Funny...he always seemed so above everyone...like a superhuman. Deac Starkiller, hero of the Rebellion. I never thought I'd wish I'd met him, until I found out he was dead.

I'm really sorry.

*Raschel pauses*

I guess we really do have no choice.

*Raschel steps through the portal*
 Deac
01-07-2003, 1:33 PM
"Hero"...he might not have liked that. But he always tried to do the right thing. I guess this is what I have to do.

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you must decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you....

*Enters portal*
 Scar Da Kookee
01-07-2003, 2:03 PM
*RH Irvine, gets out of the fighter, and immedately he has stormtroopers pointing rifles at him... Irvine pulls his hair back, and the stormtroopers pull back.*

RH Irvine: "What the??"
 Admiral
01-07-2003, 4:16 PM
((In the background appear lawyers for Tolkien ready to sue Deac for copyright infringements))

*In front of the group sits a large ornate temple. Directly infront of them is a large staircase. Idun continues to explain about the marking.*

Idun: A long time ago we hunted the sith, to stop their darkness. Eventually helping the Jedi to elimate them at Yavin 4. Our forces would go into a sith stronghold and elminate everyone there, and place that mark above the entrance. Usually they would also have traps set for any sith that returned. Overtime that mark was used by the Sith to mean danger, or as a warning. They were never able to get the detail correct, which is how I knew that was paticular mark was not Sith. We call it the mark of the Norn since they were the ones that predicted the rise of the Sith and our hunting them.

For the Sith it means danger, for us it means that the Norns had something to do with this.

*Heimdall looking around only sees the temple*

Heimdall: Looks like we should go there (motiioning to the temple).

*He begins to climb the stairs.
 Redwing
01-07-2003, 10:27 PM
*The group ascends the stairs, reaching the temple entrance. The entrance has an very high, very beautfully crafted enormous gate. The hinges were cleverly created so they left absolutely no gaps between the gate and its frame. Two large, ornate handles were set in the middle of the gate, where the double doors joined.

There was only one problem with it.

There was no separation where the doors looked like they should join. The handles were there, but no seam. One door passed right into the other*

Aidan: Figures.

Raschel: How does that...open?

*Guy walks directly up to the gate and looks more closely* There's a keyhole...
 Admiral
01-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Heimdall to Marin: May I see the key that you two have. I think this might be the door it goes to.
 Deac
01-08-2003, 1:36 PM
[OOS: Deac calmly explains that it's not like he made any money from it and that he really loves that book, and then quietly guitars them]

*Orthos stares at this place. It looked like the place he'd been when he'd become the Darkkiller, but different...*
 Redwing
01-08-2003, 9:54 PM
*Marin takes out the key and puts it in the keyhole, and turns it. The key sinks into the gate until its top is parallel with the gate's surface. A pinprick of intense light forms at the top of the key, and expands to split the key in half. The beam of bright light streaks upwards and downwards across the gate, vertically splitting the keyhole and the rest of the gate with it. The light fades, leaving the missing seam in between the double doors*

Marin: ....Wow.

Aidan: So it was pretty. Goodness me. What now, are we supposed to prance right on through?
 Admiral
01-09-2003, 12:51 AM
Heimdall: Well that is the only place to go so I would say yes.
 Deac
01-09-2003, 2:15 PM
*Orthos looks up and then sees why this place looks so familar. He sees the Tower, and the meeting room that sits above it. The place where he has been before, and the place where the fates of the world were decided. Then he looked further, and for a few moments, faintly, thought he saw a huge golden city in the stars. Then he looked to the bright gap between the doors, and was the first to enter...*
 Scar Da Kookee
01-10-2003, 4:35 PM
*Invisable to the groups eyes and silent to their ears, completey unaware, a watcher proceeds to obsurve them...*

???(1) talking to self: "Aaahh, yes these mortals seek the Orb of Forever... I shall see how well they use it..."

*The Spectar floats to infront to orthos, whom is still not seeing who or what is in front of him.*

???(1): "Hmph, Another mortal with an Avatar... I don't understand a mortal ever needing one... Bah!"

*Floats over to Heimdall...*

???(1): "Now heres a fighter, nice and intelligant to boot. He'd be interesting to tweak out a little..."

*The spectar continues to admire the group, as they proceed to find the Time Matrix...*
 Redwing
01-11-2003, 1:34 AM
((OOS: "Vinar" have Avatars? If you're referring to the specific type of Avatar in this universe, you need to seriously read up, because there's no such thing as a Vinar and in the history of this universe (known to me) only mortals have ever had Avatars.)))

----------

*Astral plane. A flash of light appears, and two men appear facing opposite directions, as if they had just bumped into one another. The first man is the man in the dark coat. The second wears similar clothing but has a head of light purple hair and blue eyes*

Man: T. Fancy brushing into you here.

T: Sakara. Asrogeth. Why have you pulled me here? I have business to attend to.

Man: You're late. It's already begun.

T: I had someone to talk to.

Man: *grins* I know.

T: What are you doing here, Sakara?

*The purple-haired man grins* Interfering. Just like you. How's working for the powers-that-be treating you? Good pay? Nice hours? Had any time problems?

T: I must be on my way.

Sakara: So soon? What? Oh...let me guess. Afraid of her, aren't we?

T: *turns to face Sakara* I'm working for the Aeges, gods in their own rights and beings of this dimension. I am fixing a major error in the fabric of space time, so she will just have to live with my presence. So, if all your business with me here is useless taunting, I must be leaving. I have a job to do.

*Sakara is grinning* Alright, you don't want to admit it. But that wasn't what I called you here for. Checked on your little group of dysfunctional "champions" lately? *Sakara flashes a huge grin, as if delighted with something*

T: *says nothing for a moment* What are you talking about.

Sakara: Well, if you're so on top of your "job", you must already know about it, right? Silly me. So, I'll just be off now...after all, you don't want to talk to me anyway... *Sakara fades from view, still grinning*

T: What? Wait! No! Oh...Dammit! *T turns and vanishes instantly*
 Scar Da Kookee
01-11-2003, 12:22 PM
how do you know that he just doesn't like the use of avatars in Mortals :D
 Deac
01-11-2003, 2:40 PM
[Avatars are normally the mortal forms of gods. In this case, these two require mortals to exist for prolonged existence on the prime planes, because they have been weakened]

*The Next Room. Different decors fill various shapeless spaces around it. Orthos sees it is full of people, many that he has known in his life, and is puzzled. Many of them are dead. His mother and Syrnl stand at a viewscreen, planning attacks. Lokpihet sits alone in a corner with a different decor, mumbling to himself, his therapist sits on his couch back in his office, his old Captain from Wraith Squadron sits in what was his office and Deac Starkiller sits in what looks like part of a cantina. Orthos sees no door ahead of him. This must be some kind of challenge*
 Scar Da Kookee
01-11-2003, 10:55 PM
speaking of syrnl... I feel kind left out, thats why im not posting any irvines in a few days, cus im waiting for a syrnl one...
 Admiral
01-11-2003, 11:56 PM
*Heimdall enters the same room as Orthos. Instead of seeing pictures of Orthos past he saw pictures of his own. One containing his mother and father.*

Heimdall: Anyone else see things from their past?
 Redwing
01-12-2003, 1:57 AM
Marin

*Marin enters the gates after Orthos. She expects to see him, but...he's nowhere to be seen.

What she does causes her to trip in astonishment.

There was an enormous room in front of her. Shapeless pieces with differing decor filled with people, all people she's known at one point in time or another in her life...some dead.

The nearest section was clearly underwater. She could see her father, standing with other consulars, all other Water-Breathers, in heated discussion.

Other sections had her numerous childhood friends, now all moved or gone...or dead, even, in the War.

This place was all wrong. It had to be a memory. A collage of memories. Was it some kind of test?

In one section was the gang Aidan had come from, the gang she had met when she had run from her kidnappers. A few she recognized.

The closest was the gang's "recruiter" and minor leader; a tall girl with short blonde hair and black eyes named Kate. She wore a pink shirt and orange pants emblazoned with flames, with the words "I KISS GIRLS" on the front of her shirt. Icefire, another mutant, dressed in a black shirt and blue jeans with blue flames etched on them, sat next to her, along with Ice's cousin Sara. Next to Sara Marin recognized Miguel, Kir'lhana, and Masque; a tall Latino-looking gargoyle with powerful magic powers, a mildly psychic North Elf and a powerful but somewhat withdrawn mind-reader, respectively. Near them she recognized a couple others...Griff, an insecure shy mutant not completely in control in of his power, which consisted of morphing gold-orange wings, claws, fur and feathers; Cloud, a sweet English weather-controlling girl; Winter, blaster artist; Winter's sister Aria; Gillian, an unusual ensouled half-vampire...and at least thirty others she knew only by face. They were all discussing something she couldn't make out.

A little apart from them sat a girl all in black, with black eyes, short, thick, black hair spiked to resemble a "cat ears" style, and a canary yellow collar. Chere Cecilia. Marin didn't really know her, but remembered being fascinated by her. She was staring off into space, eyes piercing.

Marin, confused, looked past all the people, eyes searching for the passage out.

There was none.

----------

Aidan

Aidan entered the gates after Marin. He was surprised upon entering to find that she had vanished.

Instead the eerie scene that had confronted her confronted him, with drastic changes.

The mutant "street gang" he belonged to - "Kate's gang" (more accurately Riss' gang, but as Kate had recruited him he'd always thought of Kate as being the leader) was in one section closest to him. In other bits and sections were his parents, his teachers, an uncle, the few friends he'd had as children...

Impossible. They're all DEAD. And I left my gang back in my dimension...

----------

Misae

*Misae entered a sparse and extraordinarily strange room. She could see her dead parents and two cousins in one section. In another were a few adults she'd once known. In another, a bundle of anonymous and disapproving Jedi. None of the figures or the background around them looked "real".

But, the biggest shock of all was standing right in front of her, instantly commanding all of her attention. Her master...Quhn Vaas.

----------

Guy

Guy entered the gates at the same time as Raschel. He was only able to register her being there once second, the next disappearing, before his head exploded in a brilliance of pain, blinding him.

----------

Raschel

The room held her dead parents, exterminated long ago by Syrnl Darkstar. It held all the human children she'd observed from afar as the only alien child at the Imperial royalty high-class private school. It held her first few friends, including the Twi'lek Subari and his sister who had opened the door to the Rebellion and the very first Wraith Squadron, created before the Death Star had destroyed Alderaan, for her so long ago. She recognized all the Wraiths near them, with only Orthos Darkstar missing. There were others she'd known, people from the Rebellion after the Wraiths, people from the New Republic Intelligence she theoretically still worked for.

Then there were others.

People she didn't recognize. People she was sure she'd never seen before.

Some of them looked like her.

Raschel had never seen another member of her race before. Ever.

She was amazed, terrified and confused at the same time.

What is going on?!
 Admiral
01-12-2003, 3:38 AM
*Hearing no reply Heimdall turns around, expecting to see the others to find nothing, only more memories of his past.

This time he saw himself kneeling before his farther. It was when he was given a seat in Gladsheim. All of the council was there. Heimdall looked at each person, all but three were now dead.*
---------------------

*Idun stood outside the doorway hesitating to go in. She saw the other members of the group wandering around the room, they were almost in a trance. How odd she thought. In the conner of her eye she saw Heimdall suddenly fall to his knees. Without a second thought she rushes into the room to go to him.

Almost immediatly after crossing the threshold she lost all knowledge of the others. Images of her past then began to come to her, and soon completly absorbed her attention*
 Scar Da Kookee
01-12-2003, 9:13 AM
???: "They all see images of their pasts. But I don't... All I see is another set of double doors. Seems like this Marin is on the right track... she just needs to ignore everything and walk on through..."

*??? then sees Guy in pain...*

???: "This room only brings you pain only becuase the room tries to pull out your memory, and finds none... It doesn't matter, it's still part of the test..."

*the spectar takes form, of an ancient Sith... The room for him slightly changes to show images of couresant before any major cities were once there, but the spectar ignored it...*
 Deac
01-12-2003, 11:13 AM
*Orthos looks around. No-one else is here. The door has vanished from behind him. He moves over to Deac and sits beside him*

Deac: Orthos? What are you doing here? Anyway, maybe you can help me. I've got this damn dagger, and I need a force crystal. Think you can find me one?

*Orthos nods. This must be part of it. He does not talk, but moves over to Lokpihet*

Lokpihet: I have no idea how the hell you are, so unless you've got my prize dagger, get lost!

*Orthos places the dagger down*

Lokpihet: You have it? Amazing! Here, take this medallion.

*Now Orthos moves with trepidation toward Syrnl*

Syrnl: Now, Ithekka, I've lost the damn source of my power. I can't do my work without it.

Ithekka: I'm sure you'll find it dear- hey! Lieutenant, take this damn book back to the library,would you?

*As Orthos walks away, he hears her say: "I don't think Orthos is what I want him to be. He's no sith. You didn't tell me."

*Next, his therapist*

Therapist: Now Orthos, I think you're fine. You can have your rank back. Did you ever find me

*Orthos looks at the book. It is the Prophecies of Zedeem, the religion of his therapist. He hands it to him. He then places the rank on Captain Garrik's desk. Looking at the medallion, he sees the Darkstar crest. He then looks back at his fighting parents. He almost doesn't want his parents to have it*
 Scar Da Kookee
01-12-2003, 5:21 PM
Originally posted by Scarface2k2
speaking of syrnl... I feel kind left out, thats why im not posting any irvines in a few days, cus im waiting for a syrnl one...

deac: o.0 :(

*As the Spectar finishes that formation of his temperary body then a symbol that was identical to the one on the outside of the temple was shown on his forehead, carved out... He was the first...*

*After wards he notices the old skeletons that laid about on the floor, not that he didn't know that they were there, but he sees the danger for those whom do not pass...*

*the spectar still saw each of the room's victums...*

Spectar: 'I could help... but there is the purpose of the room... Crap. This room was made by to same damn people whom killed me... well might as well, poor saps...

*Walks over to Orthos. And places a Hand on his shoulder.*

Spectar: "You better move it. Or else you'd end up like them..." *points to skeletons...*
 Redwing
01-12-2003, 7:07 PM
((Scar, I don't think much is happening - Syrnl isn't going to make much progress with Coruscant's heavy defenses; besides, he's just trying to tie up the Imperials for the time being ;)

btw, the Spectar was only partially correct about Guy))

Guy

*The pain abruptly stops, and Guy hears a voice*

"This room only brings you pain only becuase the room tries to pull out your memory, and finds none... It doesn't matter, it's still part of the test..."

*Guy looks up. Unlike the others, he does not see images from his past...but rather, the images from the Spectar's. Watching them, he sees the Spectar standing outside the scenarios, like him*

Spectar: *rambling to itself* I could help... but there is the purpose of the room... Crap. This room was made by to same damn people whom killed me... well might as well, poor saps...

*The Spectar walks over to Orthos. Guy realizes in astonishment that he could suddenly see all the others walking around the room...but apparently unaware of all the others*

Spectar: *to Orthos* You better move it. Or else you'd end up like them...

*Orthos does not respond. Guy's eyes narrow as he finally recognizes the Spectar's corporeal image. That of a Sith*

Guy: Who are you? What are you doing here?

-----------

Misae

*Misae falls to her knees in front of Quhn Vaas*

Misae: MASTER!

Quhn: Rise child, what are you doing? *takes something out of his pocket; a lightsaber* Here Misae. I need you to take this to Master Skywalker.

*Misae could see Master Skywalker standing in a corner. But she didn't really care. She collapses in front of Vaas and grabs his robes, clutching*

Misae: I have you again...and I'll never, never, never leave you again...I'll never let you go again...

----------

Marin

*The room was certainly the most eerie thing she had ever seen.*

Okay, think, Marin. This has to be some kind of test.

*Marin walks towards the nearest group; her father and the consulars. She feels the natural filters in her nasal passagways kick in as she walks into the water. The feeling brings sharp wistfulness. She hadn't been underwater in weeks*

Marin: Excuse me, Father, could I have a minute?

Marin's father: Of course, but I'm a little busy right now.

Marin: I, uh, think there's a problem here. I was hoping you could help me...

*The other consulars look at Marin with disapproval, and she looks a little embarassed. It was the top of the traditional virtues for a female Water-Breather to be as self-sufficient as possible, especially a young one; for as females were slightly weaker than males, they needed to strive even harder than the other sex to be on a par with them. Independence was the highest virtue. Only if a female had children would society approve of her depending on another. This whole thing was supposed to be a dead tradition, but it was still very much present in the thoughts and minds of the elders*

Marin's father: A problem? What problem?

Marin: Look around you, father...don't you think this is a bit strange?

Marin's father: Strange? What's strange?

----------

Aidan

*Aidan stares at Kate, then at her shirt. He could read the "I KISS GIRLS" logo clearly*

This can't be a dream. I can't read in dreams. The letters won't stay clear...

*Aidan walks over to Kate*

Aidan: Kate. What's going on? How the heck are you here? What is this place?

Kate: *looks up at him with a confused look* Uhh, are you feeling alright, Aidan?

----------

Raschel

*Raschel stares at the scenario in confusion, fear crushing her mind. She had no doubt this had something to do with the fact she'd come here to seek the Time Matrix.*

This was a mistake, a mistake, a mistake! Orthos would know what to do - he's got this kind of weird power. But he isn't here!

*Hesistantly, Raschel inches closer to the people populating the frightening place in front of her*
 Admiral
01-12-2003, 9:21 PM
*Heimdall dropped to his knees when saw the image Balder's funeral. Everything was there, even Hyrrokin (the first good Jotuns), who was there to help push the boat out to sea. He continued to look around and saw rows upon rows of Aesir who also showed up for the funeral*

*Idun walk from memory to memory, something in the back of her head kept her from stopping. She had to find someone, or something.

Suddenly she felt a burst of pain coming right beside her, she turns...*

*Heimdall now saw his father approaching Balder. Odin whispered something into Balder's ear, what the allfather said couldn't be heard by the others. Stepping back Odin gave the signal. Hyrrokin heaved the boat into the water. A moment later an archer let loose a flaming arrow igniting the boat which held Balder.

Something was wrong though, there was no sound. The memory was perfect except for the absence of the sound. Heimdall could see the waves crashing along the shore but he couldn't hear them. A suddenly a jolt of pain is sent through Heimdall*

*Idun sees a shadowy image of Heimdall. He looked to be in distress. Concern for her friend urded Idun to go to him. However, the memories also tugged at her. Promising to show her people she loved who were now dead. She begins to turn away from Heimdall*

*Heimdall suddenly realized that this was another test. He had to escape these fake memories. He began to stand to see Loki there, his nemis. Loki was holding a sword and blocked his path. There was a devilish expression on Loki's face, and with out warning he attacked cutting Heimdall's arm.

Clutching his arm, Heimdall stood and advaced on Loki. Loki in returned cut Heimdall's calf forcing Him down to one knee. Heimdall look at Loki with hatred, and felt that if he turned away all of this would be over. If he went back to watching his memories everything would be fine. Something in him refused to turn away, for his this Loki savishly punched him.*

*Only Idun could feel the pain that Heimdall was in. It caused her to falter and once again she turned towards the shadowy image. This time concern for her friend won. She approach the shadowy image of Heimdall.

The promise of the memories grew more presistant in her mind. She ignored them and steadily approached her friend. Suddenly the promises stopped. Idun turned and once again saw the members of the group wandering around the room. With out hesitation she touched Heimdalls shoulders.

Once again Idun lost all awareness of the others, except for Heimdall. He was injured and did not speak, he didn't turn his head to acknowledge her. Slowly she turned her head to see what had captivated his attention. She saw Loki and remember, when he and Heimdall had fought.

However, this was not a memory like the other ones she experienced. The original Fight Loki never was able to cut Hiemdall, nor did it last this long. Idun knew she had to get Heimdall out of there.

She walks up to Loki, and knocks the blade out of his hand. Two things surprised her about this. How easy it was to remove the blade and how the blade disappeared when it left Loki's hand. Returning to Heimdall, she helps him up and the walk past Loki who know does nothing to stop them.

As soon as they past Loki, they could see the others again. They were also at the center of the room. Setting Heimdall down. Idun tends to his injuries*

Idun: Are you alright?

Heimdall: Yes, thankyou. I wonder what this place is.

Idun: I think I know.
 Scar Da Kookee
01-12-2003, 10:41 PM
*The spectar notices Rothos does not respond...*

*then from behind...*

Guy: "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

*turns*

Spectar: "Aaahh yes, I'd knew you'd break out of it... I am no one, well at least what people know of me... I like other's like me, watch the universe, we have the ability to affect somethings, and so to others... How ever I do ask, why are you people searching for the Orb of Forever? And why should I let you people have it?"
 Redwing
01-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Guy: I don't know what I should tell you. All I know is...I have an extremely strong feeling you're not supposed to be here.

*Voice from behind Guy* You're correct. It isn't.

*Guy turns* You! The man from the vision!

T: None other. *points a finger at the Spectar* Go back to the shadow world. What these mortals do with the Orb of Forever is not your concern and has never been so. If you insist on remaining, I shall demonstrate what happens to presumptuous immortals when their heads sink below water...
 Admiral
01-13-2003, 12:57 AM
*Heimdall and Idun step up to where guy was standing*

Heimdall: This is pointless. You do not have what we seek, and you cannot stop us from reaching our goal.
 Deac
01-13-2003, 1:47 PM
*Orthos only stares at his bickering parents, until his mother begins drawing darkness from Syrnl. Orthos then sees his real father squirming*

Ittheka: SO you hid this from me? I'm going to destroy you with it, then that bastard son of yours. Don't lie to me, I know I wasn't pregnant whilst in that coma. I'll kill you, then Orthos, then Reletha, then I'll get Lokpihet back, and we'll run this house my way

*Orthos slams the medallion down on the table*

Orthos: Take it, father.

*Syrnl takes it. A force crystal appears. Orthos grabs it and runs over to Deac, and gives it to him. Everyone disappears but Syrnl and Ittheka*

Ittheka: Well, Orthos, you could still be my son. Kill him, and together we can rule!

Syrnl: You owe her no loyalty. You probably owe me none. You have to decide which Syrnl I am, and who you will help. That will determine your fate.
 BattleDog
01-13-2003, 5:24 PM
*Taklin Flax stands behind Orthos, his visage invisible to the mortals.*

Flax: This is frustrating, so Deac, which way will he go?
 Scar Da Kookee
01-13-2003, 7:08 PM
Spectar: "I appologise, something has just drawn to my attention... You'd understand what I will see, can't by mortal eyes..."

*walks over to Talkin Flax*

Spectar: "What brings the likes of you here, Ghost..."
 Redwing
01-13-2003, 11:00 PM
T

*T looks angry* Foolish being. Your undisguised presence here is drawing other spirits in like moths to a flame.

*to Flax's image* You cannot interact here; it is forbidden. I really am sorry for you...your fate came too early and too quickly. But I can't let you interfere...

----------

Guy

*Guy sees Heimdall and Idun ascend behind him. They seem somehow clearer than the rest of the still-wandering group. They apparently now saw and heard the mysterious figures in front of them*

Heimdall: This is pointless. You do not have what we seek, and you cannot stop us from reaching our goal.

*The being must have listened to him, for it abruptly faded from view. The images from its memory vanished. Guy took a moment to realize that the man in the dark coat had also vanished.*

----------

Misae

Quhn: *kneels and lifts up Misae gently* But Misae. Sometimes you have to let go of the people you love, or the memory of them will consume you.

Misae: NO! I will not leave you! I can't! I needed you and you left!

Quhn: You're exactly right...I left...

*Quhn's image wavers* I am only part of your memory, Misae. All of this is only a part of your memory. Your mind will tell you this. It is telling you this. I am only part of your memory, Misae...

Now will you give this lightsaber to Master Skywalker?

*Misae looks at the lightsaber. It is hers*

----------

Marin

*Marin looks at her father for a long moment then sighs* Never mind. Figures.

*Marin exits the water, ignoring the strong urge to stay for just a little while longer. She heads for the gang*

----------

Aidan

Aidan: What's wrong with you? How'd you follow me here? How'd you find me...what are you doing in this weird place?

Kate: Follow you? Find you? Why, where'd you go?

Aidan: Hello. I left with that girl Marin for the month. You remember.

Kate: No, I don't. Come on, sit down with us. You're making me nervous standing over me like that.

Aidan: We went to another dimension till the slavers took us down from their lists, and the Shadows figured we weren't coming back. C'mon, you remember why we left.

Kate: Yes...you did, didn't you...

Aidan: Okay, what's the matter with you now?

Kate: *strange look in her eyes* You left us.

Aidan: Yeah, I did, Kate...

Kate: You left us.

Aidan: Okay, you're definitely either drugged out or you're...I don't know...

This isn't a dream, but I'm starting to think it's not real, either...

Kate: You left us.

Aidan: Whatever.

*Aidan walks away, around the section housing his old friends. He is rounding a blocked corner when something reaches out and grabs him by the throat*

----------

Raschel

*Raschel comes to the nearest section, one resembling her old home, and stops. The four humans in the section turn. She recognizes the closest members of her adoptive family - her mother, father, uncle, and aunt*

Mother: Raschel, honey! Where've you been all this time?

Father: *using his pet nickname for her* Rassi! How good to see you! Come on in, we've been waiting for you!

*her aunt and uncle smile welcomingly. Raschel begins crying*

How? How? You're all dead...the Empire killed you...Syrnl...Syrnl Darkstar did...
 Deac
01-14-2003, 1:41 PM
[OOS:*Taklin Flax stands behind Orthos, his visage invisible to the mortals.*

Flax: This is frustrating, so Deac, which way will he go?

Aren't they lost in time at this point?]

*Orthos decides*

I choose neither.

*He snaps the medallion in half*

Syrnl: Then you chose wisely.

*The room turns a blinding white*
 BattleDog
01-14-2003, 6:23 PM
((OSS: I figure until the group fix the timeline there has to be a version of them in this time line dead. So I thought, what the hell, a couple of all knowing, totally ineffectual beings cursing as the living stagger about trying to sort this out might be funny.))

Flax: So, Deac, did you know you had a Son?
 Admiral
01-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Idun *speaking to Heimdall and Guy*: As I was saying, this place is basically a trap. When people enter something effects them causing them to see memories. The room tries to keep the person consumed with memories, and when a person resist the real danger begins. If you resist then violence could insue, like what happened to Heimdall.

Heimdall: Yes, I recall reading about rooms like this. These are very deadly creations. It is very easy to get lost in your past, especially when you face a bleak future.
 Redwing
01-15-2003, 2:30 AM
((Dammit - the forum ate my original post x_x so this one's gonna be short...

edit: or not :p))

Guy

It must have been changed to allow a way out...right? Obviously, you two found it. Now the question is, how do we help them?

----------

Misae

*Misae looks with numb confusion at the lightsaber. She looks up, past Quhn and to the Jedi standing in the background. She recognizes Luke Skywalker standing out prominently*

Misae: *pulls away, looking humiliated* You're all mirages...none of you are real...none of you...

Quhn: *looking sadly at the Jedi, all of which Misae knew were dead* You know I never would have left you alone like this knowingly...

Misae: *realizes she is crying, wipes her tears away angrily* Is that supposed to make me feel better?

*Misae, not receiving an answer, looks back at the Jedi. Quhn follows her gaze, then looks pointedly up.

Misae looks past and above the group of Jedi. She receives a mental jolt as she suddenly becomes aware of what is surrounding them, in fact, looming over everything, surrounding it like a stormy sea...

Swirling, hungry, boiling, sucking darkness.

----------

Marin

*Marin stops in the middle of the room*

This place...it's creating this world using my memories. So if I want to get away, I need to take my memories away from it...

*Marin concentrates on the first picture that comes up in her mind....that of a wolf. Her body begins to morph*

----------

Aidan

*Aidan, choking, looks down his attacker's arm. He recognizes the snarling face he sees there; another gargoyle, bigger than he, with dark purple skin rather than blue*

Aidan: You!

Attacker: Yes, me! *raises Aidan higher over his head* Go hide in another dimension, will you? Trying to get away from me? Well, you never were good at either running nor hiding!

Aidan: Shut your deluded yap! *Aidan jabs his claws into his attacker's arm and sends a powerful surge of energy in. The two fly apart*

Aidan: Run away from the likes of you? NEVER!

*Aidan lets fly another arc of deadly energy. His attacker dodges* You always were a sniveling little coward, Aidan! *THe attacker forms a ball of white-silver energy and sends it flying at Aidan, who blocks it*

Aidan: *full of anger, eyes glowing wildly, in full-blown attack mode* I'll show you who is the master, rakae!

----------

Raschel

*Raschel collapses to her knees. She couldn't take the emotional assault*

Mother: Why are you crying, Raschel?

Raschel: *crying* Because you're not real!

Mother: Why honey, of course I'm real. I'm right here, aren't I?

Raschel: *pushes her away* NO! *still crying* You're not real!
 Admiral
01-15-2003, 2:53 AM
((Red: Before you post copy what your wrote, then in case the forum eats the reply, you can always just past it and save you a lot of time))

Idun: Well to get free I had to make a choice, and Heimdall had to pass the phatom trying to keep him there. I believe this will be similar for the others. They will thier have to make a choice or get pass something.

Also if you touch the person you will be able to see what they are seeing.

Heimdall: We should concentrate on one member at a time. *looking around Heimdall sees that Aidan is apparantly fighting something, and Marin was changing into a wolf.* Perhaps we should start with the children.
 Deac
01-15-2003, 1:33 PM
Deac: No...not really....but we shouldn't be here, Flax....we have more to be doing...

*Disappears*

-------------------------------

*Orthos sees only light*
 BattleDog
01-15-2003, 3:23 PM
Flax: Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

*Poof*
 Scar Da Kookee
01-15-2003, 9:49 PM
*Spectar turns sharply towards T*

Spectar: "HA! You expect these creatures to see me presence even with this undisguised form you say? Oh this is what I looked like when I perished. Where light does not penetrate my form is much more demonic then you see before you... As for these beings? I don't even need to try and block thier thoughts of me, the only one here whom seemed to ackomplish that feat was this..." *turns his head a little to somewhat 'point' in the direction of Guy* "So..." *Becomes unpresant to Guy's eyes and ears.* "What brings you here?"

----------------

*By armed escort, the orignal Irvine walks to the bridge, strangely relaxed...*
 Redwing
01-16-2003, 1:16 AM
((Yeah...I usually do...but for some reason I didn't that time ^^;; stoopid me))

Guy

*touches Orthos, who had stopped moving, curious*

Guy: I don't get it. He's seeing only light. No memory-images.

Orthos...Orthos? Can you hear me?

----------

Aidan

*Aidan flies at the gargoyle facing him. The two crash into the amorphous "wall" of the room. The two struggle briefly, then kick the other off*

Attacker: I was always more powerful than you. Now I'm going to finally prove it. You won't leave here alive!

Aidan: You were always a fool, Solitan. *attacks again, energy bolts flying from his fingertips. Solitan deflects them*

Aidan: How did you do that?

*Solitan answers with another ball of energy. Aidan barely dodges*

Aidan: I see you've got an upgrade. Have to sell your soul for this one?

Solitan: Stupid. This was always my true power. You just wouldn't let yourself see it! Playtime's over, pal!

*Balls of white radiating energy fly at Aidan. Aidan lets fly his own energy attack, which successfully blocks the energy balls, sending them flying everywhere*

Aidan: *laughs* There's nothing worth seeing!

----------

Marin

*As Marin finishes the morph, the images distort and fade. When the morph completed, the images disappeared completely. The room, as she had anticipated, recognized her as an animal. In reality, she was an animal linked to and controlled by a human brain and body somewhere in the dimension known as zero-space.

With her wolf vision, she now sees the rest of the group*

*in thought speech* <What was that?>

----------

Raschel

*Raschel backs away from the faux images of her adoptive parents. She closes her eyes tightly and starts to run, but bumps into someone. She opens her eyes, and sees one of the other K'Berans standing in front of her*

Raschel: Who are you?!

K'Beran: I'm a memory, like everything here. I'm your mother, Raschel.

----------

Misae

Misae: What does this mean?

Quhn: I don't know. Because you don't know.

Misae: If everything here is a memory...

Quhn: Your memories, your thoughts, your mind.

Misae: Damn you. Damn you to hell...for not being real. Now I know I'll never have him back.

*Misae passes Quhn and walks towards the darkness*

----------

T

T: I know what you are. *raises his hands, palms outward* You will leave. Now.
 Deac
01-16-2003, 1:37 PM
*Orthos begins to hear a voice*

Getting your attention, Mortal? Good. Now, I hate to interupt your little crusade, but soon you're going to go through a change and you're gonna need to make some friends among us. My name is Relethar. This power you have, you could use it...for yourself. Think about it. Now, I'll let you decide what to do with a device that can alter time.

*Orthos is left suspended in the whiteness*
 Scar Da Kookee
01-16-2003, 4:00 PM
Spectar: "What makes you think you can make me? I can't be destroyed, not even be erased. Even by any Aeges. But if you have a good reason why I should, explain..."
 Redwing
01-16-2003, 10:01 PM
((Scar: Uhhhh - ghosts don't get more powerful than psuedo-gods ;)

@Deac: Yay, an evil Aege ;)))

T

*T's hand illuminate. Beams of off-blue light emanate from them, circling*

T: I am the guardian of these mortals. *The beams move closer to the spectar's form* My power is something even you don't understand. And I told you, I know what you are. Go back to your spectral world.

----------

Aidan

*Aidan lashes out again, at full power. He increases the power until ripping energy bolts leap from all over his entire body. The entire room fills with the lightning-like destructive energy emanating from him. The energy cracks across Solitan's body with vicious heat*

Solitan: AAAHHHHHH!! *vanishes in a flash of light*

*Aidan laughs. He powers down* Anyone else?

*Aidan looks around the room. His mouth drops open in horror*

----------

Marin, Guy

*Marin demorphs. The room remains normal. Apparently it she'd beaten whatever mystical program ran it.*

Guy: *still touching Orthos* Relethar? Who is that?

----------

Raschel

Raschel: M...my...mother?

*The K'Beran looks back silently. Raschel turns away*

This isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real...

*Out of the corner of her eye, she glimpses someone*

Orthos?

----------

Misae

*She stops in front of the wall of Jedi. Luke Skywalker looks at her expectantly*

Misae: *takes out her lightsaber* You want this?

*Luke does not respond*

Misae: *face turns into a snarl* Too bad.
 Scar Da Kookee
01-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Spectar standing ground: "Well, seeing is that I haven't done anything to these mortals yet. So why do you I will? However I don't underestimate your powers, you do to mine. How ever I don't wish to use them on these... They don't need It as far as im conserned..."
 Redwing
01-16-2003, 10:34 PM
T: Your power is little outside your realm.

*The beams come closer. One gets too close. It shreds the right hand of the Spectar's "body"*

This is your final warning.
 Admiral
01-16-2003, 11:32 PM
Heimdall: Welcome back Marin. Now let me see if I remember. I believe *looks around* yes here it is. If we destroy it the memories should end.

*Heimdall grabs the crstal in his hand and breaks it. Nothing happened to the others*

I was afraid of that. They are far to deep. Well back to square one.
 Scar Da Kookee
01-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Spectar: "Why are you so worried? Have you any idea how meny dead I can simply have returned to life If I wish to? Yes, It'll drain my powers for a long time and among others like myself, but we don't. How ever that doesn't have anything to do with the current situation, I haven't done anything to these people, Nor do I plan on it, for this time."
Page: 2 of 5