Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Quinlan Vos

Page: 2 of 4
 Rebel_Spy
01-22-2003, 3:30 PM
sorry for the lack of updates about Quin, but i'm having too much work on college, my advisor wants a paper before the end of the month, so I'll be not able to do some work in the model for now. But, when I finish that paper I will finish him as quickly as possible.
 ninja
01-22-2003, 4:37 PM
hey this model is the guy from the comic books right? well he's looking great.
 Rebel_Spy
01-22-2003, 7:52 PM
yeah, that's right Ninja. Quinlan Vos was the former padawan of Master Tholme, and in the darkHorse comics the Master of Twi'lek Padawan Aayla Secura. Did you know this guy? Did you happen to have some reference pics of him when he was a padawan, or any kind? if you have, I will be thankful
 Classic Luke
01-25-2003, 2:43 AM
Cool model choice friend. Here are some pics:

http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/quinlanvos.html)
 wannadie
01-30-2003, 7:17 PM
Looks cool man, he looks a bit like Crazy Horse, the indian.
Another model to add to the collection, cool. did you say he would have robes?
 Rebel_Spy
01-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by wannadie
Looks cool man, he looks a bit like Crazy Horse, the indian.
Another model to add to the collection, cool. did you say he would have robes?

Indeed, Quin will have his robe. I get inspired by mooa with his female mon calamari jedi, so I will try to do diferent versions of the robe.

By the way, how is this Crazy Horse fella?
 Rebel_Spy
02-02-2003, 11:58 PM
It's about time, I get some days off from work, so I will do some heavy work in this model.
 wannadie
02-03-2003, 6:46 AM
Yeah robes, Alriiiight!

I followed the links & read about this dude, it says his padawan was aayla secura, I thought she was luminara or someone elses apprentice. oh well.

crazy horse was an american indian warrior with a lightning bolt from his forehead to his chin, I think he fought at the battle of little big horn against general custer 150 years ago in USA but i'm not sure, brains fuzzy, need sleep.
 Rebel_Spy
02-03-2003, 9:48 PM
Anyone knows where can I find some fabric textures?
 Altus_Thrawn
02-05-2003, 8:27 PM
Looking very good. The picture quality isn't great. I can't wait to see this skinned. Great job!
 Ronin_Medjai
02-06-2003, 4:58 AM
dont know much about that guy but according to them ref pics he kind of looks like my personal skin for me heres a pic of mine www.roleplayersinc.com/realronin.jpg) do you guys like it? should I submit it anywhere? I have a whole bunch of them they are clan skins made by one of our members she made them for almost all of us that requested one they are all good quality skins.
 Altus_Thrawn
02-06-2003, 6:22 AM
Good skin. :)
Personally I wouldn't sumbit it, it is for your clan.
Nice job on the fabric to whoever did it.
BTW, this doesn't really go here.
 Ronin_Medjai
02-06-2003, 4:25 PM
yes it does I was offering the chance for him to just reskin my skin since it looks a bit simliar to those reference pics.
 Rebel_Spy
02-06-2003, 5:10 PM
The skin looks good, can you please send me more pictures to do a better judge?
 SupremePain
02-06-2003, 5:19 PM
Originally posted by wannadie

crazy horse was an american indian warrior with a lightning bolt from his forehead to his chin, I think he fought at the battle of little big horn against general custer 150 years ago in USA but i'm not sure, brains fuzzy, need sleep.

wasent his name Sitting Bull?
and Rebal... you got this pk3'ed already? (or just skin mapped) cuase i got like a week vacation after tomorow .... so i got a lot of spare time on my hands, i would like to help skinning him, if you need any help that is:D
 Rebel_Spy
02-06-2003, 5:41 PM
Actually, I'm not very good at skinning, I didn't have much time to practice and do tutorials about the subject. So, if you can help me with the skins, you are welcome. I'm still stuck with the whole uvwmap thing, but when I get the edge on it and finish the model I'll give you a call. Thanks, dude!
 SupremePain
02-06-2003, 5:51 PM
no problem man, im happy to help
 Ronin_Medjai
02-07-2003, 4:51 AM
if ur talking bout my skin? sure Ill get in game and take tons of screenshots of the whole CM krew and you guys can decide if I should release the pack.
 Pnut_Man
02-07-2003, 7:05 AM
Ronin, that's an awesome skin, i'm very impressed. Did you happen to use photoshop :P?
 Ronin_Medjai
02-07-2003, 3:59 PM
Nah I didnt make it one of CMs members made skins for the whole crew.
 Azrael
02-07-2003, 4:13 PM
What model is that a reskin of, Ronin? It looks great!
 Khier
02-08-2003, 2:29 AM
Cool, another great EU character model :D, good job, Rebel Spy, I think you'll go far in the world of modelling if you keep it up :)
 Ronin_Medjai
02-08-2003, 5:29 AM
its a reskin of the Qui Gon model the good version. If anyone knows how to fix taunts for skins I can submit it for you all right now it uses Bruce lees taunts which are annoying to me.
 _NinjaGaiden_
02-14-2003, 2:06 AM
I think i Just Found my Favorite Model :)
 Ronin_Medjai
02-14-2003, 6:43 AM
is this my hint to fix my taunts and take some snapshots of the whole CM crew and get them released?! If so anyone want to do the taunts For Ronin Ill do the voice or something I just need the Bruce Lee sounds taken out and my sound put in By the Way what should I say as my taunt? Any good ideas? My bio unfinished in Forum form is here http://www.roleplayersinc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=92) And also anyone want to take my skin and make two more versions one a clokaed version and two a ghost version for RPG purposes of Course :D

-edit oh and in case you havent figured out I dont know crap about skinning or else Id fix it myself . JaneDoe (the clan member who made all our skins) is still on her Leave of Abscence so she cant fix Ronin. Contact me at lordsod521@hotmail.com if you want to help me with my skin.
 Rebel_Spy
03-02-2003, 7:49 PM
Sorry, no post lately, because I was sick.

Well, I get more and more experience with uvw mapping, now I finally figure out how to put some uvw mapping into one single skin file. This coming week I have some meetings about my work, so I'll try to get the uvw map finished, but I don't know when.
 Rebel_Spy
03-03-2003, 1:13 PM
Update!

I do some modifications on the body...

http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/quin_wip_17.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/quin_wip_18.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/quin_wip_19.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/quin_wip_20.txt)

* Right now, just the body have 2180 polys.

* Add other pouches to the belt.

* I'm planning that some meshes can be turn on/off, like the tabards in the front/back, and the lower part of the tunic (over the pants).

* Also I want to make two types of sleeves.

* The hair could be turn on/off as well. (not yet, I delete the whole mesh, and model it again)

What do you think guys? All feedback is welcome.
 Azrael
03-03-2003, 2:23 PM
:clap2: Alright! Lookin' good!
 SkiTzoGuy
03-08-2003, 2:05 PM
Looking Good! :cool:
WoW! :eek: Keep up With the good work man! :D
Quinlan Vos is one of my favorite jedis :D

:koon: I Shall Wait for Patiently for his day to come..
 Rebel_Spy
03-09-2003, 5:56 PM
Guys, any comments about the surf on/off areas?
 El Sitherino
03-09-2003, 8:05 PM
i like it. maybe you can make those pouches be surfaced.
 Rebel_Spy
03-10-2003, 9:35 AM
All of them?
 El Sitherino
03-10-2003, 12:57 PM
yeah that way you can have just the basic belt and tunic.
 Rebel_Spy
03-10-2003, 1:03 PM
O.K. that would be cool. What do you think if I make the lower tunic (that part over the pants, I don't know the correct name) also surfaced?
 Knight4
03-14-2003, 7:07 PM
thnx for tellin' me about this thread Rebel_spy =)

u're doing great, keep it up.. [[]]
 El Sitherino
03-15-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Rebel_Spy
O.K. that's would be cool. What do you think if I make the lower tunic (that part over the pants, I don't know the correct name) also surfaced? that'd be cool. i think it could make it kinda like a kendo uniform.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
03-16-2003, 1:12 AM
coming along nicely buddy, and dont forget to take the critisism and comments as good things, theyll all help in the end! ;)
 SkiTzoGuy
03-20-2003, 2:30 AM
Are there any new updates on one of my favorite models?..
Keep up with the good work! practice and time makes perfect..
I wish good luck with your progress..
:D
 Rebel_Spy
03-20-2003, 6:34 PM
I have some news, good and not-so-good news...

* the good one: I just figure out the whole uvw mapping issue.

* the not-so-good one: I don't have too much time to actually make the uvw mapping...I have been writting my thesis and stuff
 Khier
03-21-2003, 2:46 AM
I've learned a lot more about Mr. Vos here through comic books and stuff, he's actually quite a cool and interesting character, a bit darker. If I could map (although unfortunately I can't), I would totally make an SP adventure for this guy, since he'd be a really cool main character. Sounds like you may be a bit busy, but hopefully you can find the time to get this model done, and good luck on your thesis.
 Crowy
03-21-2003, 9:56 AM
Quinlan vos totally rocks... he should have his own game by now... he kicks total ass... this model when released to the public to me will be a valued treeasure in the jk2 community!!!
 Rebel_Spy
03-25-2003, 5:58 PM
Khier, thanks for the support, dude. About the Sp adventure, it will be nice having Quinlan and Aayla together on a mission. Also, I was thinking about modeling Master Tholme as well 'cause he and Quin have the same basic jedi attires, so it would be no problem at all.

the only "but" right now is the tight schedule I have. I'll try to get some time to work on those projects.
 Rebel_Spy
03-26-2003, 10:36 PM
Yesterday, I was taking a short time-off of work and college, then I find some tutorial about weighting the mesh and stuff. So, I figure out that the best way to practice this was using a Raven's model and re-weight it. But, instead of doing that I put together this...

http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/luke_wip_01.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/luke_wip_02.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/luke_wip_03.txt)

and I think, why anyone do this before?
 Classic Luke
03-26-2003, 11:15 PM
Wow, most impressive. Can u get it in game? I hope so!!
 Psyk0Sith
03-26-2003, 11:38 PM
Good idea, i know some people requested that a while back!
 Rebel_Spy
03-27-2003, 10:51 AM
hell yeah!, this is gonna be a a good way to getting used to the weighting process. This is a great experiment for me, and sure when I finish him I will released, but my participation here is only the weight, 'cause the mesh, uvw maps and skins are from Raven.
 Prime
03-29-2003, 1:14 PM
Glad to see that Quinlan is still under development, Rebel_Spy. I am a big fan of this character, and I'm looking forward to this model. Take your time, I know how busy life can get sometimes! Keep up the great work!
 Crowy
03-31-2003, 7:09 AM
how goes the... uh weighting on quinlan? is that the right term? and also has anyone offered to skin? if not perhaps you should post in the skinning thread?
 Rebel_Spy
03-31-2003, 10:33 AM
Crowy, mate, thanx for the interest on this wip. I appreciated. Unfortunely, I don't have too much time to work on the uvw mapping and other things, 'cause I have a tight schedule with my Master's thesis. As matter of fact, I have to submit a first draft to my Advisor tomorrow... So wish me luck on that first draft can become a nearly-final draft and leave some time for work on Quinlan, Barriss, and Tholme.
 DarkLord60
03-31-2003, 7:20 PM
Thats really Cool!
Page: 2 of 4