Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Quinlan Vos

Page: 3 of 4
 Rebel_Spy
03-31-2003, 8:29 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Glad to see that Quinlan is still under development, Rebel_Spy. I am a big fan of this character, and I'm looking forward to this model. Take your time, I know how busy life can get sometimes! Keep up the great work!

Thax, Prime. I glad that you like my model. When the time comes, I will need some help with the skin, are you up?
 ninja
03-31-2003, 11:36 PM
@ rebel_spy. you asked me for ref pics. i tottaly havent checked this page out for some time but theres a link i have posted before in the request forum. ok found it. here you will find alot of reference pics of quin and other characters. scroll down to the rise of the galactic empire. you can find quins name there. has pics. theres a bunch of him in other character profiles. click on Aayla and Tholme. you gotta do the rest of your searching i think theres more. but time is money gotta go :) http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/lobby.html)
 Crowy
04-01-2003, 3:14 AM
welll your life is much more important then a model for a video game!!!
 ninja
04-01-2003, 4:49 AM
i know huh. dude did u hear about that dude that killed himself over everquest? man that was trippy.
 Prime
04-02-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Rebel_Spy
Thax, Prime. I glad that you like my model. When the time comes, I will need some help with the skin, are you up? I would be interested, and we can talk when it get's closer to that time. Like you, free time is not something I have in abundance :)
 Rebel_Spy
04-02-2003, 3:25 PM
yeah, dude, life is tough right now. And Yes, I will contact you when the time comes.

Ninja, thanx for the references, I appreciate it. There are some good pics on that site. About the searching, I'd tryed with other search engines and fine a few ones, but the most important source of references pics for me, at this moment, are the comics. I have a few ones featuring Quinlan, Tholme, and Aayla.
 ninja
04-02-2003, 3:50 PM
yeah that link i posted seems to be the only one that has alot of pics from the comics. so i hope you like it :)
 Rebel_Spy
04-02-2003, 5:56 PM
yes indeed, there are few pics of Quinlan Vos available on the net. My backup: Comics. I have a Twilight, Darkness, The Stark Hyperspace War, Republic (A jedi with a gun, and The Kamino Battle). I also make some drawing myself, maybe I post some of this draws later.
 ninja
04-04-2003, 12:28 AM
right on. cool go for it.
 .:Solusar:.
04-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Is Quinlan Vos still being made or has it died...
I hope it didn't die.. because i was hoping that it would be out or something like that..
If Quinlan is still being made is there any new updates for him?

04-04-2003, 1:29 PM
Quin is still in the works, slowly but steady, yesterday I finish the uvw mapping of the front of the upper tunic. Tonight I will do something more.
04-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Rebel_Spy
Quin is still in the works, slowly but steady, yesterday I finish the uvw mapping of the front of the upper tunic. Tonight I will do something more.

It is good to hear that Quinlan Vos is still being made..
It kinda scared me, cause i didn't see the latest update on it...
Can we see a new update on him? If so that would be good..
The old updates look good.. i can't wait to see the latest one.

04-05-2003, 1:01 AM
be patient young padawan!!
 Rebel_Spy
04-05-2003, 8:33 AM
well, I can't post any image about the progress, because I'm doing the uvw mapping, but only the uvw mapping not skinning. So, the only updates that I can do is talk about the process and how is coming along...So, be patient, when the whole mesh get uvw mapping I will send the blank skin files to those friends here at lucasforums that were interested on skinning Quin

Originally posted by CyBerNetiX
It is good to hear that Quinlan Vos is still being made..

It was never abandoned, dude
 Crowy
04-05-2003, 8:36 AM
friends? do these friends have names? im curious whos gunna!! i hope that the skinning skills match your modelling skills
 Rebel_Spy
04-05-2003, 8:41 AM
SupremePain and Prime had shown interest on doing some skinning, but I could contact Bleek and see if he is interested also. But anyone willing to help is welcome
 Rebel_Spy
04-05-2003, 11:20 AM
On a side note, this is the issue with the hair. I need to fix some problems with the original hair. The problem was when I try to tweak some vertex my laptop slow down and the filesize rise to the order of MB's... Any ideas?

ps.
 ninja
04-08-2003, 1:34 AM
i wish you all the luck a person may have :)
04-08-2003, 1:48 AM
Originally posted by ninja
i wish you all the luck a person may have :)

I was just about to say that. o well i agree with him. practice makes perfect. and taking your time does too. so if we see a new update maybe we can see what else needs to be worked on better ;) anyway you have come this far don't give up
04-09-2003, 11:45 PM
So hows this model doing? so far no one has really been responding. Well anyway I don't think that is a problem here now. But Don't make this forum deserted guys. Anyway i can't wait for this model to come out! this is one of my favorite models that might come out.
 ronbrothers
04-10-2003, 12:38 AM
I'm really glad to see this model in the works. He is one of my favorite Jedi, but being a comic character, I thought he would be one of the last characters behind the official Jedi Council.

Good luck with this one!
 SkiTzoGuy
04-10-2003, 1:36 AM
Originally posted by ronbrothers
I'm really glad to see this model in the works. He is one of my favorite Jedi, but being a comic character, I thought he would be one of the last characters behind the official Jedi Council.

Good luck with this one!

Quinlan vos was in the council? i didn't know that, huh :confused:
 Crowy
04-10-2003, 8:22 AM
wow, i didnt know he was in the council either!!! thats grouse
 Prime
04-10-2003, 2:54 PM
He wasn't...
04-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Prime
He wasn't...

Yea i don't think Quinlan Vos was ever in the jedi council before.
I think there might have been a mistake in one of those posts, or a misinterpretation of the wording. From what i remember quinlan was never in the council.
 Shotokan
04-13-2003, 3:13 PM
but still... in the council or not, hes still one of the cool jedi out there.
 Prime
04-13-2003, 7:54 PM
Originally posted by Shotokan
but still... in the council or not, hes still one of the cool jedi out there. On this, I think we can agree :)
 ronbrothers
04-13-2003, 9:35 PM
No, I didn't mean that he was in the council.

I meant that priority would most likely be on main characters like Anakin, Obi and the Jedi Council ... AND THEN ... EU characters would follow.
04-13-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Shotokan
but still... in the council or not, hes still one of the cool jedi out there.

yea there are a lot of cool jedis out there, like Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Mace Windu, and all sorts jedis. I like Quinlan vos hes pretty cool. Anyway im almost done with my goal only about like um 150+credits and ill get my signature up.:D
 Rebel_Spy
04-15-2003, 1:23 PM
O.k. guy, I'm experimenting with a skin, but is not made for myself, I take the tunic from some early windu model that I have on my archives, I'm not a skinner (not yet anyway), so I'll do my best modifying the skin image that I found, I 'll do some heavy work today, I'll show something new tomorrow.
04-15-2003, 10:18 PM
Welcome back rebel. Anyway thats good news to hear. I can't wait for this model to come out. Looking pretty good. Exactly how many models are you doing at a time? cause to me it seems like your doing a ton;) at any rate wish you best of luck with this one.
 Crowy
04-16-2003, 4:19 AM
if you have to cast two aside please dont make either of em quinlan
hes way cooler then a dbz fighter or an apprentice
 Altus_Thrawn
04-16-2003, 8:08 AM
I can't wait. :)

He is looking excellent, and after you finish him you will be closer to Barriss. :)
 Crowy
04-17-2003, 10:27 PM
how goes some updates... and whats left for you to do?
04-18-2003, 2:24 AM
heya rebel!. I just have to agree with crowy on finishing Quinlan Vos first, cause he was one of you first models to be made before the DBZ guy and Barriss Offee and whoever else you are doing, Im just saying that i can't wait for quinlan to come out!. Looks good! O BTW I like you avatar and you signature.. Looks Patriotic.:)
 Crowy
04-18-2003, 5:00 AM
its not patriotic its captain america, one of the coolest marvel heros ever...

but then again captain america is a patriotic comic character
04-18-2003, 9:01 PM
well i know that is captain America i was just saying that the colors of the american flag all over his avatar and his signature looks pretty patriotic. I like his sig and avatar a lot. O and Rebel I can't wait for this awesome model to come out.
 Rebel_Spy
04-19-2003, 5:01 PM
Cap is one of my favorite comic heroes, that's why I make my avatar and sig based on him!. About Quinlan, well, he is always on the top of my queue!, so don't worry guys
04-20-2003, 4:32 PM
Thats good to hear that Quinlan Vos is progressing very good. And again i will say this i love your signature and your avatar!. I can't wait for Quinlan Vos to come out he is one of my favorite models!.
 Khier
04-20-2003, 6:58 PM
Originally posted by CyBerNetiX
And again i will say this i love your signature and your avatar!. I can't wait for Quinlan Vos to come out he is one of my favorite models!.

Sucking up a little are we? lol j/k :p

I like Spider man better :), but it's good to see you're getting some pretty good work on the model, looks real nice, I still think he would make a great main character to an SP campaign.
04-21-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Khier Serakk
Sucking up a little are we? lol j/k :p

I like Spider man better :), but it's good to see you're getting some pretty good work on the model, looks real nice, I still think he would make a great main character to an SP campaign.

No i was serious, :rolleyes: I always loved the old comic book heros. ( like captain america etc) But then all of the sudden all of these gay heros popped out of no where now i hardly hear about the old heros. :mad:
 Crowy
04-28-2003, 7:54 AM
hey rebel,
how goes quin? or is there still too much of your thesis to care?

(i bacame a ewok on THIS post)
 Rebel_Spy
04-28-2003, 3:02 PM
well, the thesis is getting all my time right now, I have to present the final exam about it on may 8th. I'll been doing some work on the uvwmap, and I manage to uvwmap the upper body. Stiil, I have to move some vertex around and make the map more easy to be skinned.

About my other models, well, they are on a hold for now, well at least until I finish all master's thesis stuff. But, don't worry I manage to do some works on the models mostly on late nights.
 Lord Tnuc
04-28-2003, 3:40 PM
...did someone say something about Spider-Man? >.>...

Anyway, keep up the good work on the model. Good luck.
 ronbrothers
04-29-2003, 1:21 AM
Go Quinlan Vos!! Can't wait to see this guy finished!
04-29-2003, 3:47 AM
IM Getting so excited over this! I can't wait for Quinlan Vos to come out! hes like one of my favorite expanded universe kind of guy. :p Anyway i wish you good luck in this model and I hope he never dies!
 Crowy
04-29-2003, 6:32 AM
i say you jsut finish your thesis doin this in spare time, its only a mod, your thesis is your life!
 Rebel_Spy
04-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Still busy I guess...

this a little snapshot of the uvw mapping of the upper body. Hopefully I will have some free time later this week to do some other work on the model.

http://geocities.com/jvaliant/quin_wip_21.txt)
04-30-2003, 11:50 PM
Interesting. That looks pretty good so far, I hope, heh what do i know about modeling? Keep up with the good work and i can't wait till he comes out!.
 Prime
05-01-2003, 1:16 PM
Looking good! I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one! :)
Page: 3 of 4