Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Im 18 and im makin Squall Leonheart..

Page: 1 of 4
 Double_S84
09-23-2002, 12:31 AM
Just wanted to let you people know. I havent done much so far so nothin really to post. Based off the Tyrion model if ya wanna know.
 Sam
09-23-2002, 12:33 AM
I posted a pic of Squall from KH in the the wip cloud thread.
 Double_S84
09-23-2002, 12:34 AM
I know and i am doin the kingdom hearts Squall soo good job man.
 Double_S84
09-23-2002, 12:40 AM
Im gonna have to restart i was just practisin with gmax. Im gettin 3dsMax on tuesday. Sooooooo Ill start real work on it then.

I work alot, have school, and have a life (no offense to ne one, i dont mean it like that but dont know how else to word it)soooooo i wont be toooo fast........but not too slow.
 Double_S84
09-23-2002, 1:27 AM
When i try to open the jedi trainer model usin the ghoul2 importer in milkshape. I get an error. My ? is where do i have to put the file in order for it to open correctly.
 Darth Vigrid
09-23-2002, 1:36 AM
What kind of error, exactly?
 Double_S84
09-23-2002, 2:14 AM
access violation at address 1000229E in module 'msmodellib.dll". Write of address 3a0d7e4c.
 -Chrono_MOT-
09-23-2002, 8:22 AM
That's a corrupt library, my friend.

And then again, if your age doesn't matter, why are you posting it here...and posting that you have a life, etc.?

I find it personally insulting that you put '18 year old working on....' in your topic...considering it doesn't matter how old you are.
 Psynex
09-23-2002, 10:25 AM
True, it doesn't matter what anyone's age is here. That is unless they're acting like your run of the mill trouble maker. But I'm not personally offended by the title...maybe a bit confused though.

Milkshape corruption = download new version of GLM importer. I'm pretty sure the latest version of milkshape works just fine. At least it does for me.

And don't sell yourself short with gmax. Anything you can do in 3DSMax you can do in gmax (at least for jedi knight 2 anyway).
 Eldritch
09-23-2002, 11:46 AM
Keep at it, Double. I would love to see Squall in game... he's one of my favorite characters (minus his less than charming personality) from the whole FF series. The gunblade was just too bad ass.

-Anakin
 morphius_doh
09-23-2002, 2:31 PM
Will you be doing a version of Squall with the likeness of the FFVIII game, i.e shorter hair, ect?
 Double_S84
09-23-2002, 9:54 PM
Thanks for the help. I think ill just wait for the 3d3max tommorow.

Chrono im confused bout what you said. How can you be personally insulted by me sayin im 18 and it doesnt really matter ne way. When it wasnt even directed toward you. It wasnt meant to hurt ne one. It was a message for somone that calls me 12. So cheer up man!

I hope you like the squall when it is done.
i dont think im gonna submit it though. Im probably gonna send it to people. Dont like the idea of EVERYONE and thier grandmom usin my model.

Who knows though i might change my mind.

Im not a trouble maker either so ill say this.........

To Bleek, I was in a bad mood that day and i dont like people pickin on people. Even if you barely picked on him. Sorry so move on.

and.........To everyone else..

Your post count is not a measure of you intellegence age or ne thing else.
 Double_S84
09-23-2002, 9:56 PM
Im just gonna do the kingdom hearts Squall. He looks alot cooler ne way.
 bleek
09-23-2002, 9:58 PM
I didn't pick on anyone and perfer you not talk to me anymore seeing how you seem to make threads and post stuff directed at me...confusing everyone else. Thx.
 Mest
09-23-2002, 10:10 PM
No offense but: "Boooooo, KH squall sucks. The FF8 version is way better." just thought i would put that in because i hate the KH version of squall.
 -Chrono_MOT-
09-23-2002, 10:31 PM
The KH Squall and Cloud are both 100s of times cooler than their FF counterparts. Squall definitely looks more badass (especially since his gunblade actually fires).
 Sam
09-23-2002, 10:41 PM
It hurts alot the first time you fight him.
 Twisted Vertex
09-23-2002, 10:47 PM
?.........does it hurt?....how many times have you fight?......how much does it hurt? like a lot?
 Sam
09-23-2002, 11:12 PM
Ive only fought him twice. Once alone and the other he had Yuffie with him in a tournament.
 bleek
09-23-2002, 11:45 PM
I've been wanting to play Kingdom Hearts since it came out. Is it really really kewl? My bro took my PS2 with him to college and left me the Gamecube:( . Oh well Star Fox Adventures comes out soon.
 Sam
09-24-2002, 2:42 AM
I don't about were you live but starfox come out tomarrow and about kindom hearts its not your average final fantasy game because of disney but I thought it was a good mix.

Edit: its pretty funny to see donald and goofy go up against Squall.
 KMan
09-24-2002, 5:07 AM
Keep on topic you guys. This is not a chat room about how you are dooing in some game.
 Double_S84
09-24-2002, 5:24 AM
Hahaha.True. I forget were not aloud to HAVE FUN somtimes. HEHE. Ill do my best to stay on topic SIR :D .
 Eldritch
09-24-2002, 8:46 AM
Originally posted by Double_S84
Thanks for the help. I think ill just wait for the 3d3max tommorow.

Chrono im confused bout what you said. How can you be personally insulted by me sayin im 18 and it doesnt really matter ne way. When it wasnt even directed toward you. It wasnt meant to hurt ne one. It was a message for somone that calls me 12. So cheer up man!

I hope you like the squall when it is done.
i dont think im gonna submit it though. Im probably gonna send it to people. Dont like the idea of EVERYONE and thier grandmom usin my model.

Who knows though i might change my mind.

Im not a trouble maker either so ill say this.........

To Bleek, I was in a bad mood that day and i dont like people pickin on people. Even if you barely picked on him. Sorry so move on.

and.........To everyone else..

Your post count is not a measure of you intellegence age or ne thing else.

If you're not going to release it to the general public, why create a WIP thread for it? To brag about it? "Look, i've got a Squall model but it's mine so you can't use it!" Seems a little pointless to me.

And as far as your "to everyone else" comment... I don't know who you've been arguing with, but you're taking things a little too far. There's no need to send a message like that to people that haven't said or done anything to you. Most people on this forum are friendly, intelligent people who are not all trying to make you feel bad for your age or your post count or whatever else it is that you obviously are self-conscious about (otherwise you wouldn't draw attention to it).

And like KMan said, if you want to talk about StarFox or Kingdom Hearts or whatever, don't do it in this forum, and definitely not in this thread.

-Anakin
 -Chrono_MOT-
09-24-2002, 2:28 PM
Anakin, I'm impressed with your ability to argue here ^_^.

In response though, I was pointing out your inability to be self-conscious about you describing your age.

"By the way: I'm 18."

If you really were 18, it wouldn't matter if someone calls you 12. People call me 12, and I say I'm 21. But I don't go around saying it every 5 minutes like I have something to prove. You don't have anything to prove here. If you're 18, great. If you're not, so what?

There are plenty of good modelers who aren't 18.

As for your Squall model, good luck on starting it from SCRATCH, as I hate models that are modified from others (even though you won't even be releasing it, so why bother having a topic).

As for the game, some real good models to make for JK2 would be Cloud, Squall, and anyone else that looks badass ^_^.
 Xyphox
09-24-2002, 8:05 PM
Hey guys, I'm sixteen, (I don't know why we're posting our age, I just thought I'd continue the tradition) I think KH Squall (Leon) looks cooler (heh, Frieza's brother) than FFVIII Squall. I got KH but I'm not allowed to play it till Friday cuz I'm kinda in trouble. I can't wait it's gonna be sweet.
 bleek
09-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Why would you want a full version of milkshape? You can d/l the full version of 3d Studio Max from Kazaa.
 Twisted Vertex
09-24-2002, 10:45 PM
this thread is a ticking time bomb.......4. The posting of links to sites that contain illegal material (ie where to get illegal MP3s, warez, etc.) is prohibited.
 Twisted Vertex
09-24-2002, 11:12 PM
You can just edit the root.xsi.....What are you trying to do? Like trying to rip a hand.....or something?
 Twisted Vertex
09-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Just import the root.xsi . However your better off creating your own character. Doesn't have to go in game, It will be just a tester so you can get the feel of the workflow. Do like a cartoon project or something. It helps out a lot.
 frendon
09-24-2002, 11:22 PM
ok thanks i'll try that
 Double_S84
09-25-2002, 12:46 AM
It is not from scratch so i geuss you hate it huh chrono?HEHE

Please dont ruin my thread with piracy.....PLEASE

Jedi anakin s. Your right. I think i will release it. But im kinda sceptical bout it. It is my first model. You know. So i dont wann get laughed at.

Your right bout the (to everybody else comment). i shoulda said to whom this may concern.

Ill probably release it but i need permision first. From whoever made the tyrion model. I decided to try it with that. So untilll or unless i get permision its not gonna be released at all.

If you know who i need to talk to tell me. PLease.

Btw does ne one have a site i can send pics of this wip to and post em here?
 Double_S84
09-25-2002, 3:56 AM
People i have enough done that i can post pics for it.

I need somone to lend me web space for a pic.

Ne one feel like seein it and dont have a Web site that can help me out just email me at doubles84@aol.com and ill send it to ya.

liiL Keep on rockin on!!!!!!!!!!!
 -Chrono_MOT-
09-25-2002, 8:15 AM
...So now you're doing the same thing as Saik Huat? Stealing pieces from other people's models? I sincerely doubt the creators of the Tyrion model will give you permission to alter it in any way.

And KMan doesn't need to delete these posts. I'm not going off the deep end...

Not yet.
 frendon
09-25-2002, 8:35 AM
KMAN is there ne way you can delete those posts. Please dont delete this thread.:eek:

Double_S84 i already deleted my posts about you know what, sorry for that i don't want to get you in trouble
 morphius_doh
09-25-2002, 11:20 AM
Can we all just cease the hostility, it's getting out of hand!
 Double_S84
09-25-2002, 12:21 PM
I have permission from absath. This project is on the way. Looks good so far and midget yoda is gonna post some pics for me. I allready sent them to him.

Ill keep ya posted..
 Double_S84
09-25-2002, 12:24 PM
What are you talkin about. Your last post is ridiculous. Chill out.

Stop tryin to be he man. If you dont like altering models then dont do it or come here.

If you dont like how i altered the model then tell me and ill accept the crits and try to fix it. I dont think i need to tell you how this forum works do i?
 -Chrono_MOT-
09-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Being the man? I am who I always have been. It's time you accept that and move on o_0.

I myself am a modeler, so it makes me an authority on the subject compared to you, who isn't doing a thing on this model from scratch.

My posts are far from ridiculous - they are just rational. I refer you to what Toonces said to the last person to rip other people's work: if you were to post this on polycount you would be laughed off the forums. The only reason why people care here is because they (apart from the modelers themselves) are just desperate people who want the model and don't care how it is done. The modeling community itself cares about the methods AND originality.
 Eldritch
09-25-2002, 12:53 PM
It is not from scratch so i geuss you hate it huh chrono?HEHE

Please dont ruin my thread with piracy.....PLEASE

Jedi anakin s. Your right. I think i will release it. But im kinda sceptical bout it. It is my first model. You know. So i dont wann get laughed at.

Your right bout the (to everybody else comment). i shoulda said to whom this may concern.

Ill probably release it but i need permision first. From whoever made the tyrion model. I decided to try it with that. So untilll or unless i get permision its not gonna be released at all.

If you know who i need to talk to tell me. PLease.

Btw does ne one have a site i can send pics of this wip to and post em here?

I'm glad you agree with me. I don't understand why you're not doing the model from scratch (perhaps you're a bit daunted by the task of building around a skeleton, or creating caps and such for it) as it's really the only way to learn how to model. In my experience, the models that have been created by modifying other models (cough cough SAIK HUAT cough cough) have been of lesser quality, because you're having to deal with someone elses way of doing something. But, if its the way you want to go, I can't argue with you. What I will say is that you're not *really* modeling, you're just modifying. But I digress.
On the subject of where you can post these pics, as I understand it, AOL gives you up to 12 MB of space to create a website FREE of charge. If you know html, you can build your own website there fairly easily. If you don't, you could always ask me nicely and I can help you out. ;)

-Anakin

p.s. - can't wait to see the wip pics
 Double_S84
09-25-2002, 2:09 PM
Sorry but like i said im new at this. Very new i didnt even know the difference between modelin and modifyin for gods sake. HEHE.

There is a big difference between me and thet Saik Huat guy. Im not a thief. I got permission. So please dont compare me to him.

I dont have aol ne more i have a cable modem. HEHE yea thats right im dlin large now.:D So anakin can i send you atleast 2 pics so you can post em up here? It may only be a modification but it is GOOOOOOOOOD. Hope to here from everybody soon.

Keep on rockin on IiiL
 Midgit Yoda
09-25-2002, 5:00 PM
I hosted the files on my site (which I am almost ready to buy a REAL server for). Here are the pictures, hosted by Red Wall Studios.
Squall001 (http://redwallstudios.netfirms.com/models/squall/images/squall.jpg)
Squall002 (http://redwallstudios.netfirms.com/models/squall/images/squall2.jpg)
 Eldritch
09-25-2002, 6:06 PM
Not bad, not bad... would like to see some more reference pics of Squall from KH to see if you're missing anything. I'll go look for some. In the meantime, nice work!

-Anakin
 -Chrono_MOT-
09-25-2002, 6:45 PM
....while it is still a ripped model, it is looking rather nice so far.

What you want to do is make sure he has the two belts. Yes, you will have to model them yourself, but this will help you learn.

other things you don't want to forget - his wrist guards. He doesn't wear puffy gloves so lose them.
 Xyphox
09-25-2002, 6:46 PM
Hey, that's pretty nice. Good luck on finishing it and finding a skinner. I'm a big ff fan, so I'l dload it as soon as you release it.
 Double_S84
09-25-2002, 8:51 PM
Yea if you can tell by the pic i am making the wrist things level with the rest of the arm (im workin on the right arm). Kinda hard though. And i deffinitly havent forgot bout that cool ass belt.

I am gonna let my friend do the skinnin. So he can practice too ya know. His name is Lee Wright. I do not know if he knows how to do that wrappin stuff. I dont either. Haha were both newbs.

Im tryin really hard though..
 -Chrono_MOT-
09-25-2002, 9:00 PM
Well I'll make a deal with you. If this ends up looking EXACTLY like Squall does in KH, I will model his gunblade for you.
 Double_S84
09-25-2002, 9:02 PM
Chrono i said it before and ill say it again. Ill try my best. I really have my heart in this. But i dont think ill get it EXACTLY.
 Obi-Wan X
09-25-2002, 9:09 PM
I must say, all this talk of KH Cloud and KH Squall has really got me up and about as far as the forums go. I came into this topic seeing as though it had a nice amount of hits and views, and was quickly saddened to see that the author seemingly was going to pull a " yea I can do this and that, but I might not release it...no pics yet...I really dont have any skills " sort of thing. Although
I was completly stunned when I saw the pics.

For a modified model for a new modeler, its really looking quite nice. Kudos to you.

*Bows*
~ Obi-Wan
 Double_S84
09-26-2002, 6:03 PM
I finished the belt thingys.
Im lookin to post a new pic or three. I REALLY wanna know what you all tthink of em. So anakin im askin you nice.:D
Page: 1 of 4