Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Im 18 and im makin Squall Leonheart..

Page: 2 of 4
 Double_S84
09-26-2002, 8:45 PM
The kingly MIDGET YODA has 3 new pics and he will post em tommorow.

Also he will do the back breakin labor of gettin this model in game.

Chrono good news for you. I think im gonna have to model him some new arms. Argh woooooooo is me.''

liiL keep on rockin on.

PS. Post stuff people. I shouldnt have to bump so much
 Double_S84
09-27-2002, 5:58 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( Were are you people???????? Post for ozzies sake. :D
 Obi-Wan X
09-27-2002, 5:49 PM
Believe me man, we're all here waitin. We're just lookin forward to some pics to give some better feedback thats all :>. Goodwork so far, were all really lookin forward to it. *Bows*
~ Obi-Wan
 Double_S84
09-27-2002, 6:33 PM
I fixed the gloves. Meaning he now longer has huge guantlets. Hopefully ill get a few pics to midget yoda before he posts the new ones.

PS: Old navy is corny.
 Midgit Yoda
09-28-2002, 1:27 AM
Here is the latest screen that I am hosting for Double_s84.
Squall Image (http://redwallstudios.netfirms.com/models/squall/images/squall6.jpg)
 Sam
09-28-2002, 3:46 AM
Wow it looks pretty good. the belts look good but I think there should be more I'm not sure though.
 Double_S84
09-28-2002, 4:54 AM
I need more info to work from then that. How about some pics of squall to work from as many as you can find.

Would be a big help.
 Eldritch
09-28-2002, 11:22 PM
I'm looking for pics, Double. However, I can't believe you started the project without a good amount of reference pics. There's an old saying... "Proper planning prevents poor performance." ;)

I will continue to look for pics, but don't depend on others for assistance - after all, this is *your* project.

-Anakin
 Double_S84
09-29-2002, 12:49 AM
Good point anakin but i had a few movies to watch of him. I WOuld just like some still frames or somthin.
 Sam
09-29-2002, 9:37 PM
 Sam
10-01-2002, 7:19 PM
*bump* It almost was on the second page.
 Midgit Yoda
10-01-2002, 8:37 PM
***BUMP*** Just send more screens my way Double and I'll post em.
 Double_S84
10-01-2002, 10:53 PM
Sorry ive been away people. But no use in postin ne new pics. Im workiin on the uv wrappin thingy. I have no idea were to start sooooooo im lookin for some tuts. If you have one or know were one is please let me know.

Chrono is it up to you standards? Gonna make the gun blade?
 Xyphox
10-01-2002, 11:59 PM
Hey guys, sorry I've been gone I've been playing KH. But you don't need ref pics. All you do is go into Kingdom Hearts, press start to go to the menu, then go to journal, then to characters, then characters 1, then to Leon, then press triangle, then you will get a full view of him, you can use the right analog stick to rotate him however you want, so you can see every possible angle!
 Sam
10-02-2002, 2:19 AM
Yea too bad you can't take pics and transfer them to the pc somehow.
 Billyz124
10-02-2002, 6:59 AM
GJ Double! looks awesome. Leon is one of my favorites from KH, Next too Cloud and Sora.
 Double_S84
10-03-2002, 2:59 AM
UHhhhh bump............NE one got an answer to my ?
 Twisted Vertex
10-03-2002, 9:02 AM
what modeling program are you using. I might be able to get you started with UVW mapping.
 morphius_doh
10-03-2002, 11:25 AM
WOW! That screenshot of the KH Squall in the game does look much better than the one in FFVIII! It's too bad that it's not out for us PC users.
 Midgit Yoda
10-03-2002, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty sure he's using Gmax
 Twisted Vertex
10-03-2002, 11:59 AM
Here i can get you a quick start.

Here is a typical modifier stack

Unwrap
editable mesh
uvw map
mesh select
uvw map
mesh select
editable mesh

Now you editable mesh is baiscially what you worked with when move poly's and verts around. The mesh select is to seperate a bunch of polys. The you add a Planar uvw map. I would say about 200*200. This will ensure that "everything" will fit in the unwrap window. Then repeat this process.

The new editable mesh is laid down so you don't have to collapse the stack. Then in the unwrap window, everything will magically appear.

after each modifer you can add a unwrap modifer, to adjust each level as you go. Which can be quite benefical for most areas.
 Sam
10-03-2002, 11:49 PM
Updates????
 Double_S84
10-04-2002, 7:39 AM
Sam im workin on gettin him in game so the next update you see is gonna be a link for the skin or a link for the download.

Thanks vertex but i dont have a clue what you said. Im not to keen on the modeling lingo. If ya catch my meaning.

I need a link to t tutorial.
 Twisted Vertex
10-04-2002, 9:00 AM
There is no one tutorial that will fully example the uv mapping process. If you type in the words "UVW MAX" you probably get some good documentation. I think you might wanna try a search at 3dbuzz.com

I will try to example this process a bit further for you. In max and gmax what ever you apply to your model gets thrown to a modifier stack. Your first modifier will probably be editable mesh. You'll have a modifier pull down. The only modifiers you'll need are the UVW map modifier, Unwrap and Edit mesh.

Lets say your working on a torso. Select all the front of the torso. Grab a UVW map modifier, and set a planar map. I like to use dimensions of 200*200, casue you gives you a lot of room to work with. Apply a unwrap modifier. Now you have the option to edit. You'll be in a new floating window, I usually like to scale the mesh up just a bit.

Now you repeat the process one more time. Then apply an edit mesh. Then a UVW unwrap, this will bring everything togther similar to collapsing your stack.

A great tutorial is the wolfsblade tut. I think the url is www.wolfsblade.com)
 Double_S84
10-05-2002, 5:27 PM
Just lettin everyone know im still alive and the model is kickin. HEHE. No but really im havin program problems. Milkshaoe expires in two days and gmax cant ghet ne moodels into it. Both my 3dsmax 4 and 5 have errors when i try to install em. So this could take awhile. Wish me luck:confused:
 -Chrono_MOT-
10-05-2002, 7:12 PM
Sorry about that. Yes, he is looking quite good. I'd like to give him a primitive skin before I say anymore though. Get him in-game and working and then we'll talk Gunblades. Not a bad job. ^_^
 Double_S84
10-08-2002, 2:44 AM
Thanks chrono. Right now ill tell you were the model stands.

In Moria (my pc) surrounded by Balrogs (my ignorance when it comes to uv whater mappin) and no hope of gettin out to the loveley land of Lothlorien (your pcs). Unless that is that he can be saved by Gandalf(twisted vertix) who has great powers (knowledge about such things i dont) and can use then to help the model (help me).

HEHE i dropped him a pm i hope he gets back to me soon because im gettin all outdoorsy.

Well ne ways that is were this model stands.

FOR NOW MWAAAHAHAHHAA..................HAHA.........HA..he .

ummmmmm untill then people. ROCK ONNNNNNN
 Twisted Vertex
10-08-2002, 8:36 AM
Yeah just kick the file in 3ds format to midget yoda. He'll convert it to max and kick it to me. Getting it ingame is not my specialty...points to sephiroth. However I will cap and mapp it.
 Midgit Yoda
10-08-2002, 12:02 PM
I'm pretty good at Gettin em to work properly in game (points opposite of Sephiroth, to Tom Servo and Gumby). Once I get it back from Musashi, I'll Weight it and throw it through assimilate.
 Twisted Vertex
10-08-2002, 12:36 PM
I might even take a small stab at skinning. I am at photoshop class right now, and am getting pretyy confident. Yeah most diffently I'll shoot it to midget for him to finish off the process.
 XylanKasshu00
10-08-2002, 9:56 PM
That is looking awesome, hopefully you guys can get a FF skin pack together. That would be awesome along with the weapons. Squall is looking pretty darn good, and Chrono good luck with the gun blade if you do it, I would think it would be rather tricky. But good luck, hope to see it out soon. :) Vincent model would be sweet too if anyone is interested. May the skins outside the Star Wars Universe prosper! :D
 -Chrono_MOT-
10-08-2002, 10:48 PM
eh? Gunblade's a piece of cake. Which one do you guys want, the Lionheart or the standard?
 Double_S84
10-08-2002, 10:55 PM
STANDARD is waaaaaay cooler. The other just seems way to unrealistic. But then again this ifs for jk2 so this might be a tough choice for people to make .

Why dont we have a poll to see which people would rather see.
 Xyphox
10-09-2002, 9:13 PM
I second that, the first gunblade he had was called the "Revolver" I think it looks more realistic than the Lionheart. It looks like something that could actually be real, the Lionheart doesn't.
 Double_S84
10-09-2002, 11:01 PM
How do i start one of those threads that looks like a poll?
 superdude201
10-14-2002, 3:40 PM
Hey double i think i talked to you on flimser the other day. BTW ur edited model looks cool great modeling. I learning but aint that good at it :)
 Eldritch
10-14-2002, 4:40 PM
And how about an update? Because right now this thread is stagnating...

-Anakin
 Double_S84
10-14-2002, 5:20 PM
That is all im doin on the model. Im havin Mig yoda and Twisted vertix help me out on gettin it in game. then i am gonna have it skinned.

PS.........thanks dude im glad you like it.
 Eldritch
10-14-2002, 5:30 PM
Have you done the UV mapping yet? Because if you have, you could have someone be working on the skin *while* they're getting it in game, so it doesn't hold up the show.

-Anakin
 Double_S84
10-15-2002, 12:13 AM
Yea ummm vertix said he would uv mapp and mig toda will get it in game. So i cant get it skinned yet.
 «¦gшt ѓшrзл?¦»
10-15-2002, 10:27 PM
Wow!this model is getting very cool :)

nice job Double_S84 keep up the good work!!

Now all we need is a gunblade :D

Sorry i didn't check the other pages.
 Eldritch
10-16-2002, 6:15 PM
Originally posted by Evil

Now all we need is a gunblade :D

As stated *several* times earlier in this thread, the gunblade model was offered to be made by Chrono...

-Anakin
 DrakkenVII
10-16-2002, 6:21 PM
Awesome job man!
I havent played KH yet but I first thought that was laguna in the
trailer (also a very kickin' character.) If you need help skinning him I would love to give you a hand!

Think you could mebbe whip up a pair of the FFVIII Squall and Seifer?

Btw. If you do end up getting somoene to modela gunblade pack for the lightsaber you can probly make it color change like the default lightsabers. Lionheart was cool but yea the default was better. Its all about the Engraved Griever XD
 morphius_doh
10-16-2002, 6:38 PM
Can we have at least one updated screenshot before it gets released, just to see what it's actually coming to look like, please?
 DrakkenVII
10-16-2002, 8:39 PM
Whoa am I understanding this right?!
This models coming out soon?!
DUDE YOU KICK MONSTER @$$!!
Are you gonna submit it to any of the jediknightii.net sites of jk2files.com?

more importantly when? This model is god!
 Double_S84
10-17-2002, 12:35 AM
Thanks Drakken. But if you read above (or back for that matter im at three pages now hehe) youll find the answers to all the >?s any of you might have.

Mig Yoda man were are you??

Help me Twisted Vertix, you are my only hope.
 Sam
10-19-2002, 4:20 PM
So if your not going to give us updates can you tell us how much % is done.
 PalnGipanji
10-19-2002, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by $am
So if your not going to give us updates can you tell us how much % is done.

Is English beyond comprehension? He can't do anything more with the model... he said so only a few posts up, so why hound him about updates. Percents, that's noteworthy, but there are better ways of asking for it.:rolleyes:
 Sam
10-19-2002, 5:58 PM
I was directing that towards the skin and the gunblade.
 Xyphox
10-22-2002, 11:07 PM
Um, Yo! I don't think there's anything wrong with asking the percentage completed with a model. And also, $am has a few more posts than you, so don't bug him. (I know this post is a few days late, but oh well) Sorry, it's been so long since I posted. I had to go woop KH by getting all my guy to level 100 and beat Sephiroth using without any items and get the ultima weapon. Bye, off to beat Final Fantasy Tactics again. I've been trying all day to steal the Gengi items from that one guy. . . here I go babbeling on and on again, sorry. See ya all in a while.
Page: 2 of 4