Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Disbeliever's crazy project!

Page: 5 of 5
 Phildevil
11-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Okay, I might be shooting this out of nowhere, but... I have an idea of something that might be added in game. Of course, that would require some more work, but, here it goes, anyway: Sleyheyron, as I understand, is a kind of mix between Nar Shadaa and Nal Hutta: governed by hutts and with plenty of gangsters. These gangsters have to get distracted right? So how do you prevent them to kill each other while being bored? Bars, cantinas, games of Pazaak, exotic twi'lek dancers, pod/swoop races AND arena fight, why not?

I feel like kotor lack opportunities for hand to hand combat. Wouldn't it be great if there was a place in Sleheyron to battle against thugs and bandits without having to kill them? I think this might add to Sleheyron and it would perfectly fit the atmosphere of such a planet.
 Quanon
11-28-2009, 1:41 PM
I was just about to mention the twi lek dancing gurls :xp:

The Hutt looks good dis. I still think you should add some Twi'leks to it. :D
I also agree with Salzella on the neon.

Expect to see some nice neon and girlz in the Cantina... dancing poles, yes that's what we need, poles with neon lights. :p
Not to mention the Pazaak&Racing floor. For all that mad gambling fun!

Perhaps I should PM Redrob, ask for some sexy dancer skins. :drool2:
I like it dis :) . Now all we need is Q's update :D

Euh? Update?
Dangit, Dragon Age is a real pain, I played the whole afternoon >_>

Working on the stuff filler stuff though, it's just going a little slower. :)
 Sith Holocron
11-28-2009, 1:54 PM
I agree with whoever said "more neon" however I do not want to 80's 'technor' it up :lol:

Do you mean "Tech Noir" - the club that The Terminator shot up in the first Terminator movie?
 Rinku
11-28-2009, 2:06 PM
Bars, cantinas, games of Pazaak, exotic twi'lek dancers, pod/swoop races AND arena fight, why not?

I don't know if they are thinking of putting a swoop track in...But I like the idea of an arena, that is one thing I like about Taris.
 Phildevil
11-28-2009, 2:25 PM
I don't know if they are thinking of putting a swoop track in...But I like the idea of an arena, that is one thing I like about Taris.

Yeah, an arena, or maybe even an outside "open" ring so everybody can watch in the streets/plaza :P
 ForeverNight
11-28-2009, 5:06 PM
Wow, I love it when I go on vacation and projects get updated. :D

Keep it up you two! Keep me happy! :xp:
 Sith Holocron
11-28-2009, 5:17 PM
I don't know if they are thinking of putting a swoop track in

Well, Disbeliever did say he'd like to get Sithspecter's swoop tracks right here...

And SS, I agree with Q, you did a fantastic job restoring Bioware's vision. It is a lot harder to try and recreate something faithfully vs. just having 100% creative control. As for the files, I would really be interested in that re-skinned swoop track you had done. Was it a working swoop race with Sley skins? I think Q and I would like to have a swoop race on this planet for people. :)
 disbeliever
11-28-2009, 8:28 PM
Quick comment: bioware had built 3 arenas to fight in for sley. They were actually built and left in game. I have extracted them and re created the missing walkmeshes. They are 3 diff versions. One looks like a maze arena you have to hide n seek kill in, one is a platform arena and the other I forget. As I said I have them all working in game as just eye candy. It would take some good scripting tho to make it function like a tournament.

Q and I have decided we do want a combat arena, however we have not decided if we want to use the bioware model, or create something new. I am working on modeling out the next area now, that includes the arena. So we will be crossing that bridge soon.

As for a swoop track, q and I def want a swoop track race for sley. I asked SS for the one he reskinned, but he informed me that he reskinned it and got it in game, but had issues with the times. We will figure it out because we def want a swoop track.on sley.

And whoever guessed terminator was right. I spelled the club wrong tho :lol:

I love my blackberry for checking holowan :lol:
 Rinku
11-28-2009, 8:43 PM
Quick comment: bioware had built 3 arenas to fight in for sley. They were actually built and left in game. I have extracted them and re created the missing walkmeshes. They are 3 diff versions. One looks like a maze arena you have to hide n seek kill in, one is a platform arena and the other I forget. As I said I have them all working in game as just eye candy. It would take some good scripting tho to make it function like a tournament.

Q and I have decided we do want a combat arena, however we have not decided if we want to use the bioware model, or create something new. I am working on modeling out the next area now, that includes the arena. So we will be crossing that bridge soon.

As for a swoop track, q and I def want a swoop track race for sley. I asked SS for the one he reskinned, but he informed me that he reskinned it and got it in game, but had issues with the times. We will figure it out because we def want a swoop track.on sley.

Yeah!!! :D

I love my blackberry for checking holowan :lol:
QFT (except for me it is the iphone)
 Sith Holocron
11-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Q and I have decided we do want a combat arena, however we have not decided if we want to use the Bioware model or create something new. I am working on modeling out the next area now, that includes the arena. So we will be crossing that bridge soon.

As for a swoop track, Q and I def want a swoop track race for Sleyheron. I asked SS for the one he re-skinned, but he informed me that he re-skinned it and got it in game, but had issues with the times. We will figure it out because we def want a swoop track on Sleyheron.

I hope you'll make the arena from scratch as you'll be able to put the whole planet in KOTOR2 at a later date, if you so desire.

And whoever guessed Terminator was right. I spelled the club wrong though :lol:

That would be me. ;)
 Quanon
11-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Very petite and short update.
I've placed my filler around the area and I'm now working on a new walkmesh.

On another note I'm getting closer to the end of Dragon Age :lol:
Yes, this game is the main cause I'm not doing 3D as I use to do.
So blame Bioware, thank you. :p
 disbeliever
11-29-2009, 1:57 PM
I blame you partner ;)
 Quanon
11-29-2009, 3:47 PM
I blame you partner ;)

That's it I quit! :evil6:

NOT! :lol:

You'll be glad I've been working on the walkmesh, nearly done.
I just forgot the cantina bit o_Q

But that's a minor oversight, it'll be added tomorrow or tonight.
Only trouble is my ATI drivers are fighting with Max 2010.

I easlly get sort of crashes. The driver just stops working and the VPU recover feature of ATI jumps to the rescue.

Lucky for me, nothing gets lost, but its highly annoying.
 disbeliever
11-29-2009, 7:29 PM
Lookin forward to gettin those files :)

Ill have some renders of secret area 3 in a few days :)
 disbeliever
11-30-2009, 7:28 AM
Where did you find another bioware in game shot?
 Sithspecter
11-30-2009, 7:58 AM
Where did you find another bioware in game shot?

Oh, I was kidding about that. I really did model it.
 Quanon
11-30-2009, 9:13 AM
Hahahha, I thought it looked rather non-bioware.
I'dd expected to see ingame shots and stuff :p

Nice stuff though. ^_^

Dis did you got my PM?
 disbeliever
11-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh, I was kidding about that. I really did model it.

So you modeled it in the past for your old project?

@Q I've been in meetings all day. I will check my PM now and get back to you.
 Quanon
11-30-2009, 1:40 PM
No problemo, Dis. ;)
Been doing some work on the interiours now, nothing yet to show though.
I'll wait till the stuff has some textures on it.

Though progress has happened :p
 Sithspecter
11-30-2009, 5:16 PM
So you modeled it in the past for your old project?

Actually I modeled most of it quite recently.
 disbeliever
11-30-2009, 6:00 PM
Actually I modeled most of it quite recently.

Interesting. So your planning on starting up your own restoration again?
 Sithspecter
11-30-2009, 8:58 PM
Interesting. So your planning on starting up your own restoration again?

Not really, I guess I thought you might want to include it here. Maybe I'm just getting really nostalgic... :¬:
 Quanon
12-01-2009, 7:48 AM
Sleheyron, the mods that created the greatest schism in the modding community :lol:

Hmm, difficult to tell how'll proceed... anyhow, at the moment its waiting for the script/story. Else me and Dis end up modelling stuff that might not be needed at all.

Would be whack to make something then have to have cut content... in content that was cut in the first place o_Q
 disbeliever
12-01-2009, 8:52 AM
No, no schism at all.

I, like you, invited SS to join our team. My issue is in his tone in coming back and approaching our project.

The original Sleheyron restoration was abandoned as far as we knew. I messaged you saying I thought you and I had the ability to make this planet actually happen. We came up with ideas, sketches, a general story idea etc. And in a little less than 2 months, you and I have created, and finished in game 2 in game areas of our planet.

He comes back, you and I both say we would like to have him join the team, and I get a PM with a storyline from him and ideas how we could "improve" our efficiency. I appriciated the enthusiasm, but informed him you and I already had a storyline general idea in our head, and what areas we were going to work on.

Then, in our WIP he posts an entire area he just went off and modeled, and said he hoped we would use it. I have a problem with this and it has nothing to do with this being "our project" or any kind of territorial thing. I had already told him we had an idea in our head. He did not ask what he could work on, did not ask even to explain what our idea was. He models an entire area on his own. So now were in a situation we would not have been in otherwise.

Now we either figure out how to use his area, or he has wasted his time in making and texturing it. If we do use his area, we may have to modify our idea. If we do not, he will be upset, and people will think were jerks for not using it. And now it seems were getting into some issues I A. did not expect we would have to deal with, and B. Do not want to deal with.

If he wants to restart his own project of restoring biowares vision, go for it. If he wants to be apart of this project and team, he needs to be less gung ho and communicate. You do not go off and model an entire area and expect it to be used. He has never asked me what our idea/vision/plan is, has he asked you?

To be perfectly blunt, this is not his project. It is our project. If he wants to join that so he can be included in that, he needs to work as a teammate. You and I send countless PMs back and forth everyday with ideas, comments, suggestions, images, download links, model files etc.

If this seems mean hearted, it is not. We picked up and ran with a dead project and have been doing a fantastic job IMO, and i honestly see us finishing this planet and releasing it. I do not want someone on the team who cannot work in a team. As I said in the beginning, i invited him to join us. If he can actually join us, cool.

And as an update: I will be posting renders of the third area you access from the north passage of the market later today.

Sleheyron, the mods that created the greatest schism in the modding community :lol:

Hmm, difficult to tell how'll proceed... anyhow, at the moment its waiting for the script/story. Else me and Dis end up modelling stuff that might not be needed at all.

Would be whack to make something then have to have cut content... in content that was cut in the first place o_Q
 Quanon
12-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Long defensive post.

Okay, easy now Dis.
I'm certain SithSpecter isn't planning a hostile take-over for our modding project.

If SS is as a 3D nutter as I am, he continued doing models and such, though he said he was on a modding brake. No doubt this a model he already had lingering about.

Also don't forget, I said anyone could send ideas, just like Juan did.
Of course I understand your stand point Dis; this is our little puppy.

We've agreed on a certain course of action and anyone who joins, will kind of need to accept what me and you already decieded.

Well, it's not like its carved in stone, discussion is always possible.
And euh... I kinda lost track... o_Q

Let's keep our heads cool, it would be a sad affair to get a flame war over this.

SS, don't take Dis words in a wrong way, he just really loves Sleheyron, just like you do. Just drop a word okay :p
 disbeliever
12-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Sending what juans did and doing what SS did is not the same, and you know that.

So it was a defensive post for pointing out that if your on our little team you should act like your on the team?
 Quanon
12-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Honestly I didn't find SithSpecters PMs that offensive.
Could it have been worded differantly, yes, sure.

I'm standing in the middle here, keep the door open.
Else we'll have to agree, that we don't take input from anyone.

And its just the two of us :)
I can live with that.

I'm keeping my ears open, waiting to whats going to be said.
I didn't post, YES I AGREE FULLY! With this or with that.

EDIT: This is weird PM'ing and posting, what a mess >_<
 Sithspecter
12-01-2009, 5:06 PM
To be perfectly blunt, this is not his project. It is our project. If he wants to join that so he can be included in that, he needs to work as a teammate. You and I send countless PMs back and forth everyday with ideas, comments, suggestions, images, download links, model files etc.

If this seems mean hearted, it is not. We picked up and ran with a dead project and have been doing a fantastic job IMO, and i honestly see us finishing this planet and releasing it. I do not want someone on the team who cannot work in a team. As I said in the beginning, i invited him to join us. If he can actually join us, cool.

I apologize if I was hasty in what I posted. This is an area that I had started on a long time ago, but I worked on a little bit when I saw how this project was going. The work was mainly textures and such, but I fixed and added some buildings. It's not at all complete, and I am not trying to impose anything on you, I just got excited, that's all. Again, I apologize for any confusion.
 RevanFan
12-01-2009, 6:10 PM
Quanon, disbeliever, can't you just use Sithspecter's model for your own project?
 Sith Holocron
12-01-2009, 7:11 PM
Quanon, disbeliever, can't you just use Sithspecter's model for your own project?

. . . And this is probably the reason disbeliever flipped out - he foresaw this.
 Lord of Hunger
12-01-2009, 9:26 PM
Why would they? As they said, the team already has an idea on what they want and where they want to go.
 Phildevil
12-01-2009, 9:38 PM
Totally agree on this. They can do what they want. Never forget they are doing this mostly for fun/distraction (yeah, after all, they aren't paid, so no obligation...). And when the fun dies, whatever the reason, it might be reason enough for one to just stop believing he should continue.
 Quanon
12-02-2009, 8:06 AM

Not really, not because the model is ugly or something, but off the style differance.

Go back to what Dis has made cylinder buildings look like, and those seen in SithSpecters render. You'll notice that its quiete differant.

Me and Dis early on decided to go for a very coherent look. We want the player, not to see the differance of who modelled what. To the best of our abilities.

It's the main reason, why Disbeliever is doing all the outdoors, its a really balancing act to get our stuff nicely together.

Perhaps a bit of odd point, as it has not much to do with actuall modding, but I'm crazy like that about visuall stuff :p

Now, SS dropped his little bomb, main reason Dis didn't like the attitude is this was in the public. Nor is it the way me and Dis do things.

We got our method on how to agree on how stuff is going to look. All via a heavy PM-ing.

I understand my partners concern, though I perceived Sithspecters post differantly. Less offensive.

Now I won't say more about it all, work continues, even with these bumps on the road. No doubt we'll sort it out all for the best of the mod and the community.

I'dd hate to have to turn this into a soap opera of sorts... >_<
 juansaman
12-02-2009, 8:27 AM
I miss you when you're drunk, Q.
 Quanon
12-02-2009, 12:23 PM
:lol:

Good heavens, why is everyone saying I'm better drunk :lol:
 disbeliever
12-02-2009, 12:29 PM
:lol:

Good heavens, why is everyone saying I'm better drunk :lol:

Comedy gold buddy :lol:

I am making renders now of somethings :thmbup1:
 RevanFan
12-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Quanon, disbeliever, all this stuff you're making is making my mouth water. I can't wait for this mod!
 disbeliever
12-02-2009, 2:40 PM
Quick update/tease:

Here is the new and improved combat arena, complete with multiple tv screens outside to watch the action inside:

http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/arena1.jpg)
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/arena2.jpg)
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/arena3.jpg)
 Trench
12-02-2009, 2:55 PM
That Hutt statue is cool. :D But I stick by what I said about having some Twi'lek statues tending to it. :xp:
 Astor
12-02-2009, 2:57 PM
Now that is impressive.

I'd probably lose any combat in the arena, however, as i'd be gawping at the pretty scenery. :lol:
 disbeliever
12-02-2009, 3:00 PM
I have heard it may need to be even larger. I will experiment :lol:

Edit: I have pulled in biowares arena to compare sizes in 3dsm. Our arena is taller, and biowares is slightly fatter. All in all I think the size is ok, I will be tweeking the arena though, to make it wider to show more size.
 juansaman
12-02-2009, 3:47 PM
Man, I do not even care about losing my teeth in the arena to play there again, and again, and again....

Great job!!!!
 Sithspecter
12-02-2009, 4:19 PM
That amazing exterior, coupled with Bioware's interior, is going to make an impressive spectacle.
 Trench
12-02-2009, 4:35 PM
That amazing exterior, coupled with Bioware's interior, is going to make an impressive spectacle.

They're using the BioWare interior? I thought they were building the whole thing from scratch. :giveup:
Should be good either way. :D
 Rinku
12-02-2009, 6:23 PM
Woah!! Very nice I love the arena. Keep it up :D
 RevanFan
12-02-2009, 8:53 PM
Quick update/tease:

Here is the new and improved combat arena, complete with multiple tv screens outside to watch the action inside:

http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/arena1.jpg)
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/arena2.jpg)
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/arena3.jpg)

That is the best freaking model I've ever seen!!!
 ForeverNight
12-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Wow.

I hate coming to this thread and watching the epicness that is Sleyheron come to life... if only because I then need the next batch of updates that much sooner :D

Good job on it!

Must say I'm glad I wasn't able to check LF in the past few days and missed the drama with SS and this.... :D Would've made for an uncomfortable 'live' news bit. :xp:
 disbeliever
12-03-2009, 1:07 PM
Update: Area is complete. We call this area the "rich" area, as it has 2 rival hutts palace's, and the grand arena :lol: I have enlarged the arena and palaces to give it an even more towering look. Will be 2 posts due to pics, sorry mods.

And Edit: This area has even less polys that the other 2 :lol: I must be improving. It stands, as seen in shots below, at 28000 polys

You enter the rich area, and climb a ramp
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/1.jpg)

As you reach the top of the ramp you notice 2 large pipes overhead. I hope they do not crush you :lol:
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/2.jpg)

To reach the hutt palaces and arena you have to climb even higher, but do not fall into the pitt
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/3.jpg)

Hutt Palace 1, this belongs to the rich hutt
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/4.jpg)

Teh grand arena!!!! Some shops on the sides, etc
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/5.jpg)

Hutt Palace 2, this is the not so rich jealous hutt :lol:
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/6.jpg)

Some pitts along the way to the arena, shops in background
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/7.jpg)

Misc Arena
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/8.jpg)

View from arena entrance of palace 1
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/9.jpg)

View from arena entrance of palace 2
http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/10.jpg)
 disbeliever
12-03-2009, 1:08 PM
 Darth Cryptic
12-03-2009, 1:17 PM
sweet sith...
Page: 5 of 5