Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Disbeliever's crazy project!

Page: 4 of 5
 ForeverNight
11-20-2009, 4:41 PM
And, yes, I wish for a bit more competition. I get the feeling Holowan has lost a bit of its "hardcore" modders... or I'm just inpatient with the new kids to show off their hidden talents... arghz, shouldn't be so cranky

Well, once I develop the patience needed for UVW Mapping.... then I'll have to re-learn how to use photoshop/GIMP for textures :xp:

Otherwise, that looks very, very, very nice! Makes me so very jealous, not only of the obvious free time (And the dedication to use it for this instead of slacking off :xp:) but of the skill.....

Nice work you two Dis. :xp:
 Quanon
11-20-2009, 5:23 PM
:lol:

True, the slacking is a part of the modding job though :p
 deathdisco
11-20-2009, 5:30 PM
Hmm how so?

In 3dsm i just have a simple skylight to make renders nicer. In game we use the settings in the area files. In your opinion did my in game shots for the landing bay look better?

I have not gotten the complete merchant area in game yet :) I will be doing that tomorrow, WITH hopefully a working walkmesh:thmbup1:
After having another look at the in game shots, Yes the lighting looks more appropriate. I figured it was the renders. I also didn't realize some of the skybox is pretty dark when not facing the sun. Sleyheron must be a smoggy place.
 Sithspecter
11-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Looks really great guys, puts my areas to shame.
 Trench
11-22-2009, 12:51 PM

:drop2: Sith... Sithspec... Sithspecter just posted!
Back on topic: you guys are doing really great. I can't wait to explore the planet, maybe do some business with the Hutt's? :p
 Quanon
11-22-2009, 3:50 PM

You did a faithfull job on what Bioware did SS!
Me and Dis took the easy road: inventing your own layout of maps is often easier then trying to piec together that once was made.

Besides, all your other 3D projects are marvellous! I hope you find the time again to mod. Nice of you to drop in :)
 Darth Avlectus
11-22-2009, 4:14 PM
I just treadded through this thread from the beginning and watched your progress. Magnificent. My applause all the way. Any stuff for TSL on the horizon by chance?

Anyway, keep up the good work.
 Construct
11-22-2009, 5:26 PM
This is pure win, burrowed deep into the internet.

Internet is worth this.
 Sithspecter
11-22-2009, 9:59 PM
You did a faithfull job on what Bioware did SS!
Me and Dis took the easy road: inventing your own layout of maps is often easier then trying to piec together that once was made.

Besides, all your other 3D projects are marvellous! I hope you find the time again to mod. Nice of you to drop in :)

Well if you would like to use any of my old models, I can try and dig up some of the files for you. This looks really great, and I'm kinda disappointed that I'm not a part of it.
 Quanon
11-23-2009, 5:00 AM
There's still room I'd say :p

So far I haven't been doing much on Sleheyron, infact all the work has been done by Disbeliever... o_Q

I'm a bad partner, stupid job hunting gets in the way! grrrrr...
 DarthParametric
11-23-2009, 6:37 AM
The merchant area looks good. Nice job on getting the poly count lower than the docks area - no mean feat when dealing with so many rounded shapes. What is the poly count incidentally? The textures look pretty good too, although the ground texture does kind of induce a bit of eye bleed with such a wide open empty area. I imagine having a few NPCs running around and various static models will help dampen the effect.

Also, lol @ drunk Quanon. You should post drunk more often.
 disbeliever
11-23-2009, 8:10 AM
Well if you would like to use any of my old models, I can try and dig up some of the files for you. This looks really great, and I'm kinda disappointed that I'm not a part of it.

Always room for you, if you'd like :thmbup1:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I will post the poly count of the merchant area once I boot everything up today.

As a petite update :lol:, I have gotten the entire merchant area in game, and you can walkie around in it. However, as expected, textures got skewed, so I will have to go back in and fix that before posting screens.

And SS, I agree with Q, you did a fantastic job restoring bioware's vision. It is allot harder to try and recreate something faithfully vs. Just having 100% creative control. As for the files, I would really be interested in that re-skinned swoop track you had done. Was it a working swoop race with Sley skins? I think Q and I would like to have a swoop race on this planet for people :)

Petite update 2:

I am going back over every piece and fixing the texture issues. Mostly related to the walls since i did it the lazy way :lol: Now i have to do twice the work, you would think I would learn.

Should have the area completely done and in game tomorrow, with screens!
 disbeliever
11-24-2009, 11:50 AM
 disbeliever
11-24-2009, 11:51 AM
 juansaman
11-24-2009, 12:00 PM
You are making a lot of progress very fast, Dis, it's amazing how fast is this thread growing! Great job!
 Quanon
11-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Nice update partner :p

I'll be starting asap on the "filler" to dress up the place more.
I'm sure I'll be able to kill the low polycount you had that way :xp:
 disbeliever
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Nice update partner :p

I'll be starting asap on the "filler" to dress up the place more.
I'm sure I'll be able to kill the low polycount you had that way :xp:

Thank ya pat'na :thmbup1:

I did not say LOW poly just lower than landing area :lol:
 Rinku
11-24-2009, 5:57 PM
Very nice dis. I can't wait to see this in game with all the bells and whistles.
 Trench
11-24-2009, 6:17 PM
Very nice dis. I can't wait to see this in game with all the bells and whistles.

QFT. You're doing a great job dis.
 HdVaderII
11-24-2009, 9:59 PM
Those last few pics were really nice looking dis. Kudos to you and Q for doing so well thus far on such an awesome project!
 disbeliever
11-25-2009, 1:40 PM
Alrighty, as Q would say "petite update":

The textures have all been fixed, no more blurry funky textures in weird places :lol:

Also, a door has been added to the landing bay leading to the merchant area, and it works. A door has been added to the merchant area leading back to the landing area, and it works (kinda). So thats good.

Also, while waiting on Q to make some filler 3d for the market area, I decided to make a hutt statue for the landing bay. So the first thing you see when coming down the ramp from the ebon hawk is a hutt staring you in the face letting you know he owns dis place. And since all hutts look alike, it does not matter what hutt posed for this :lol:

Oh and finally, although not important, PC shadows are now showing up. Enjoy

http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com//sley/ingame/statue.jpg)
 JuniorModder
11-25-2009, 1:45 PM
Awesome! But, might I give a suggestion:

Give a less "loaded from 3d modeling program" pose. ;) It is all starting to come together now!

Great Job!

JM
 Quanon
11-25-2009, 1:56 PM
Héh, got to agree a little with JM there Dis.
I think Hutts would go for something a little larger :p

Giving a little differant pose might help as well :lol:
Not a bad idea, just a bit larger would fit in better.
 disbeliever
11-25-2009, 1:59 PM
:lol: i will enlarge it and put some cake or pie in his hand :lol:

More updated coming friday, since tomorrow is stuff yourself fat day :lol:
 Sithspecter
11-25-2009, 2:01 PM
More updated coming friday, since tomorrow is stuff yourself fat day :lol:

Thanksgiving = Hutt Day maybe?
 Rinku
11-25-2009, 3:36 PM
Very nice dis :D

Q I am looking forward to your filler stuff :)
 ForeverNight
11-25-2009, 5:36 PM
@SS: Never quite thought of it that way, but now.....

@Dis: Very nice looking, I agree with Q and Junior though that the Hutt needs to have less of the imported from 3d program look... maybe have it look like it's reaching for more food?
 Sithspecter
11-25-2009, 8:32 PM
I remember discussing the possibility of a Bochaba statue before, and I came to the conclusion that it was a better idea to have to city officials in a dialog about the cost of a statue, and then diverting the funds for the statue into their personal accounts. We felt that it reflected the atmosphere of the planet better.

But the statue would be fine anyway.
 Trench
11-25-2009, 8:55 PM
Maybe you should have Twi'lek slave statues as well? But since they aren't going to be moving, you could have them in more "movie realistic" poses.
 disbeliever
11-26-2009, 8:21 AM
Well if everyone has mixed feelings about a hutt statue I can remove it :lol:

I did it in about 10 minutes to see it in game. I was bored waiting for Q :lol:

I am going to play aroiund with it tomorrow and enlarge the statur allot, spruce up the platform for it and give him a better pose
 Quanon
11-26-2009, 9:12 AM
Here's two quick shots of what I've been making as "filler".
First off, some tubes, pipes and powerstation/suppliers... euh, euh something odd Star Warsy :lol:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/PipeFiller.jpg)

Second, are very generale stands/kiosks for the street merchants.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Kiosk01.jpg)

I'll move quickly to texture these, then wait for Dis to send me the files, so I can put them in their spot. No doubt I'll come up with some other little ideas :p
 Rinku
11-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Very nice Q :D

May I suggest making a pull cart for one of the merchants? Like the ones you attach to your car (http://www.letsjapan.markmode.com/wp-content/uploads/image/good-humor-pull-cart.jpg) except it would be attached to a small speeder (and obviously would hover).
 disbeliever
11-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Looking good Q :) I will send you the files tomorrow when I get to work, since I mod at work :lol: well have to change up the walkmesh to to incorporate these items.

I like the idea of a pull cart to. Sort of like a 13th century plague "bring out your dead" cart :lol:
 Quanon
11-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Whut? I'm not dead.

YES, you are.

Gotta luuuve, Monthy Python :p
 Salzella
11-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I like the idea of a pull cart to. Sort of like a 13th century plague "bring out your dead" cart :lol:

"Naw I can't, I've got to go to the Robinsons', they lost 13 this week..."

;D

awesome stuff btw.

one overall suggestion for the areas though: more neon ;)
 disbeliever
11-26-2009, 3:42 PM
Whut? I'm not dead.

YES, you are.

Gotta luuuve, Monthy Python :p

Its just a flesh wound :lol:
 RevanFan
11-26-2009, 8:58 PM
Its just a flesh wound :lol:

Running away are you? Come back here! I'll bite your legs off! :lol:
 Rinku
11-26-2009, 9:48 PM

Back on topic:
Q: You kind-of already have this for the street merchants but maybe you could make something like a mall kiosk (http://www.kioskousa.com/DesktopModules/Store/Thumbnail.aspx?IP=/Portals/0/Preconfigured/10X10%20RETAIL1.JPG&IW=300) (you know those big square-ish mini-stores in the hallway at the mall). Additionally I was thinking maybe you could incorporate stuff that look like vaporators (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/ca/Vaporator_negwt.jpg) (from the moisture farms) or use them as a basis for more "Star Warsy" tech :D .
 Sith Holocron
11-27-2009, 1:27 AM
:Q: You kind-of already have this for the street merchants but maybe you could make something like a mall kiosk (http://www.kioskousa.com/DesktopModules/Store/Thumbnail.aspx?IP=/Portals/0/Preconfigured/10X10%20RETAIL1.JPG&IW=300) (you know those big square-ish mini-stores in the hallway at the mall).

I had an idea that you could have an "information booth" but instead of general information, it would be updates for illicit crimes commissioned by the Hutt that you decide to sign on with. Until you do sign up with one, they could just tell you that they're on a spice break.

One overall suggestion for the areas though: more neon ;)

This suggestion refers to a placeable that I only remember being in KOTOR1 but it might be in KOTOR2 as well. I only recall seeing them in Davik's hangar on Taris. They were tall cylindrical objects that looked like they had neon tubes in them. The picture before technically isn't from the game but a recreation created by Inyri Forge for a JA mod but it'll give you an idea of what I'm talking about. (See area highlighted by green box.)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/scarletguard/Knights%20of%20the%20Old%20Republic/WeirdGlowingthing.jpg)

Perhaps you can put a pair of them outside of cantina's/bar's doorways as futuristic weapon detectors?
 RevanFan
11-27-2009, 4:55 AM
I really like the Hutt statue.
 Quanon
11-27-2009, 5:07 AM

Back on topic:
Q: You kind-of already have this for the street merchants but maybe you could make something like a mall kiosk (http://www.kioskousa.com/DesktopModules/Store/Thumbnail.aspx?IP=/Portals/0/Preconfigured/10X10%20RETAIL1.JPG&IW=300) (you know those big square-ish mini-stores in the hallway at the mall). Additionally I was thinking maybe you could incorporate stuff that look like vaporators (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/ca/Vaporator_negwt.jpg) (from the moisture farms) or use them as a basis for more "Star Warsy" tech :D .

Hmm, I'll see if a bigger kiosk will fit somewhere. But I rather keep most "filler" on the smaller side, so that it not blocks out to much of the players path.

The Kotor games prefer a more wider path, else your party members often get stuck :lol:

suggestions
One of my to do lists is to create signs, hanging from the walls, which will have some good amount of neon :)

I've good a amount of SW fonts, so expect to see some Huttsee, euh Huttingish, whatever :lol:

I really like the Hutt statue.

I'm sure the Statue will return, it just needs some tweaking :p
 Sithspecter
11-27-2009, 8:16 AM
I remember that Sleheyron had a lot of these jutting out from various buildings and such.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/filler.jpg)

Maybe you could put some of them in the areas.
 disbeliever
11-27-2009, 8:38 AM
I agree with whoever said "more neon" however I do not want to 80's 'technor' it up :lol:

*and bonus points to the kiddie who gets the reference I just made* ;)

Q and I had already discussed making signs to put on the buildings that will have some color to them. I dont think we want a real party looking feel to it though. The place is all about oppression and crime,not a very cheery place :)

To give everyone an update, I will be sending Q my files for the merchant area in a few minutes to add in his filler, like he did with the machines in the landing bay. So I am sure we can all expect great updates from him very very fast :lol:
 disbeliever
11-27-2009, 11:30 AM
How does everyone feel about this size? Apparently size matters on Holowan :lol:

http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/ingame/statue1.jpg)

Update:

http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/ingame/statue2.jpg)
 Salzella
11-27-2009, 11:39 AM
awesome. oddly green though, and that looks sort of out of place with the rest of the atmosphere/buildings being that sort of rusty bronze.

also, re: neon, i'm not thinking clappy neon here obviously, more a Bladerunner style. you know, misery with glowing bangles :p
 disbeliever
11-27-2009, 11:40 AM
awesome. oddly green though, and that looks sort of out of place with the rest of the atmosphere/buildings being that sort of rusty bronze.

also, re: neon, i'm not thinking clappy neon here obviously, more a Bladerunner style. you know, misery with glowing bangles :p

As you can see the textures are not done :-p But thanks
 Quanon
11-27-2009, 12:14 PM
I remember that Sleheyron had a lot of these jutting out from various buildings and such.

Maybe you could put some of them in the areas.

Working on some pipes and odd bitz like these. I think I might add some large pipes as well, I mean really LARGE :lol:

@DIS: Ofcourse size matters!
 Rinku
11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I like it dis :) . Now all we need is Q's update :D
 Trench
11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
The Hutt looks good dis. I still think you should add some Twi'leks to it. :D

I also agree with Salzella on the neon.
 Drunkside
11-28-2009, 11:36 AM
The Hutt looks good dis. I still think you should add some Twi'leks to it. :D

I was just about to mention the twi lek dancing gurls :xp: