Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL_Restored_Content_mod vers1.4

Page: 4 of 5
 Astor
12-01-2009, 9:53 AM
Just a heads up to both the team and the fans in case no-one has noticed yet, but TSLRC has been featured in this month's (January 2010) edition of PC Zone (i'm not sure whether it is available in the US or not), as part of the 'freeplay' section of the magazine.

In addition to this, the mod is also included on this issue's DVD.

To quote the end of the article -

There are other mods offering partial fixes to KOTOR2, but there's nothing that re-establishes the flow as comprehensively and dramatically as this one.

High praise indeed, so i'd just like to say congratulations, guys!
 CrisG
12-03-2009, 2:03 AM
Congrats on that.

OK, i may have run into a bug, not sure. I cant complete the battle to protect the admin offices on Dantoonie. I get the droids fixed, the turrents turned on, and do the speech in front after letting the militia officer pick posts, and then no matter if i pick the front or the back, i kill all the baddies and then nothing happens. We just stand there. I cant run to the other side, it just starts over to before the battle. No way to advance. and no way to get back inside. Any suggestions? is this a known problem? I am playing Lght side and have Visas and Handmaiden in my party.

dead end as far as i can tell, no advancing. Tried going back to before fixing things over and over and still no joy. The only thing i did not do is recuruit all teh people possible and fix the minefield. I coulid not get anything to trigger for laying mines.
 DarthStoney
12-03-2009, 8:02 AM
I think this is an issue that has happened occasionally(I'm actually currently reworking this area). But you may have to back up to save and reload,once you kill enough mercs it supposed to have the militia retreat and then jump to the inside battle. It's possible Zherron died(he's not supposed to) in which case it will get stuck in the battle.
 CrisG
12-03-2009, 2:14 PM
ya, turrets seem a bit ineffective.
 DarthStoney
12-03-2009, 3:01 PM
I'll make a note of the turret issue and if all goes as I hope ,the battle will be a whole lot "more" when I get done.
 CrisG
12-03-2009, 8:16 PM
:) Great, sounds very promising :) it is quite a scene with all the NPCs active ...i do hope i can get thru it.

It looks like about 4 or 5 NPC mercs target each turret until it goes out of action, though i have not observed them all, but I have tried fighting both front and back and the turrets dont seem very effective.

UPDATE:

OK, backtracked and did all the support quests, recruited everyone i could and fixed everything carefully and laid the mines and this time it all worked. I guarded the front and got the inside battle and ended that phase. Very nice.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1561/97036394.jpg)

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4775/75363172.jpg)

I think getting all teh recruits plus doing it all very carefully helped trigger the right scenes. :)

on to the final phase. I sure hope i get to kill Kreia, i dont trust her one bit, and she is a nasty old hag with her own agenda i suspect.
 Avisto
12-04-2009, 5:40 PM
When I fight the handmaiden in her training sequences, her health stops going down when I damage her around 20 or so.
EDIT: I tried it again and it didn't happen this time.
 CrisG
12-05-2009, 2:52 PM
I had some strange stuff with that training sequence too, i could not get it to work so i have avoided it.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
12-05-2009, 3:03 PM
^^^ This was a problem in TSLRP also. I think that it has a lot to do with the later handmaiden vs sisters fight. Something going on either in .utc's, or conflicting scripting. I wonder if the earlier sisters and the later sisters are the same .utc or different ones. It would seem to be helpful if they were unique .utc's, doppelgangers if you will.

Just a thought to the TSLRCM crew.

EDIT: Realized just now, after reading Q's post, that I am talking about a different (yet still unsolved AFAIK) issue. There are all sorts of problems with Handmaiden's on-board training, from long-distance Exile damage after the fight, to killing her (which ain't supposed to happen) to simply breaking down. This was unresolved by TSLRP.
 Q
12-05-2009, 3:03 PM
This is a vanilla TSL bug that's discussed earlier in this very thread (IIRC) as well as over at the Deadly forums.

Wait until you've landed on another planet, then leave and reenter the Hawk before fighting the Handmaiden.
 CrisG
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
I am having trouble with the final handmaidens again the handmaiden fight, after they are all killed nothing happens. I cant open the door to Atris Room and there is nothig else i can do..as the handmaiden. I cant leave for another planet as per the above mentioned fix....so is there a solution or a way to avoid this dead end? I could not stun the sisters, as even tho i carefully attacked them until there was just a little life left in the health bar, and then ran around and avoided those one by one, they still just died..would not go into stun.

any suggestions?
 Q
12-07-2009, 3:42 AM
Have you tried reloading from an earlier save?
 DarthStoney
12-07-2009, 7:57 AM
Yeah try an earlier save and see if it will work. If it still doesn't work properly send me a save and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on. You have no other mods installed correct?
 CrisG
12-07-2009, 5:41 PM
i will try an earlier save, I tried three times to use the last save i have is just after the meeting at the restored academy where Kreia turns all three of the Jedi Masters into toast. The only other mods instaled are the ones you listed as compatible and a custom Nar Shadah skybox. Nothing else.

I did note one possible problem, i chose Visas to go with me along with Kreia for the meeting at the restored academy, but then i saw there was a brief cut scene where the handmaiden runs up to Kreia while i am talking to the Masters...so maybe she was supposed to be the other companion. I will try to go back far enough to be able to go to another planet and save and try that.

UPDATE:
I just rememberd i did install a mod by Stoffe called Handmaiden Look, it changes the appearance of all of the handmaidens and gives your handmaiden her own outfit, that can be upgraded on the workbench. I bet that is what is messing up my play thru, so this is not a bug of any kind just me being dumb. sorrya bout that. i will have to figure out how to uninstall ..it did us the TSL patcher, but there are only four folders in the backup folder and it looks like it changed a bunch of others, i will try to restore those four folders first and see if that helps. Otherwise i may have to try to get unchanged copies of the other files by doing a new install and copyying the filles over, but they may contain update changes of my progress in the game so i may have hit a dead end of my own making :) sorry about that, i just got excitied about that change mod and did nto think how it might affect my play thru. my bad. :)
 CrisG
12-09-2009, 3:36 AM
I made it past that challenge, finaly got the encounter with Atris to play and also got to save Brianna..so that was nice. On to the rest of the journey. thanks for the help Darth.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7167/atrisandme.jpg)
 vanir
12-18-2009, 6:00 AM
Not a bug report, a success report. I've got a pretty modded game with altered scripts and I thought, what the hell and installed this with all the patches. Not entirely through the game yet but have absolutely no problems so far, all runs smooth.
In fact I found no compatability issues with the install (no files failed except for the Restored Dantooine Enclave and Kaeve mods, which are basically put in TSLRCM as they are but I updated them with the TSLRCM versions of the files anyway just in case).

To be honest I think you're only going to run into conflicts that can't easily be fixed with altered content mods (of which there are a few) but I've never been into those personally...and the M4-78 mod which I nearly installed before this one but changed my mind at the last minute and put this in instead.
Some mod packs of course have altered content as additional features, things like armour packs that go ahead and add scripts for spawning the new armour at specific locations and conditions, these would be a problem.

Most of the restoration, vanilla bugfix and asthetic/appearance mods and even my "TSL Tweak" based on Paragon's D20 mod all have no dramas. The only mod I'm worried at all about is LitRidl's get PC lightsabre from Atris mod, which has a script file and a dlg file, of which neither are used by TSLRCM but the problem comes later when TSLRCM has Atris attack the PC/Exile using his own lightsabre...the one this mod would've already given back at my insistence during the first visit to the Academy. That could be a problem. (edit, removed this mod anyway just in case).

Everything else is no worries that I can see, not that I can make a "bug report" if there is since it is a conflict by choice, but my point is I wanted to mention the TSLRCM seems to work pretty fine with what I've been using previously as my fully modded installation.

What this means of course is that I'm loving this playthrough I'm doing now.

edit, okay found some bugs at Khoonda, definitely introduced by TSLRCM since the Dantooine Restoration had much of this content fixed and there are no other conflicts for this section in my override. I think Jonathan7 mentioned these anyway.
In the Battle of Khoonda, Zherron appears beside the Exile wherever he stations himself even though he says he will take whichever exit the Player doesn't. Then during the cutscene for the opposite entrance to the PC he suddenly appears again as a double. Dantooine Restoration had this content without the bug so I think I'll switch those files over.

The TSLRCM includes companions with the Player/Exile for the Battle of Khoonda but the problem here is they are entirely overpowered for the level of foes they face, it was obviously designed for just the PC which when he is alone throughout, at least the combat within the Khoonda facility lasts longer than three rounds or basically a few seconds. As it is he fights in the interior with Master Vrook and a number of militia whilst the mercinaries have the one Boss leader and good equipment but really stand no chance as it was if you managed to repair and arm up the battle-droids earlier.

If you didn't do the battle preparations properly then let's face it you deserve to have a real hard time fighting.

The original Dantooine Restoration project works much better for the Battle of Khoonda, TSLRCM isn't as good here.

I also had some points/bugs about Khaevee, if I can remember my train of thought (damn knew I should've written it down)
Oh that's right, there needs to be a script firing the "retrieve Master Vrook from the Kinrath Caves Quest" just as if you'd found the mercinary bodies in the Jedi library. Essentially if the Player is in character and happens to explore the area where Kaevee is, before doing the circular route through the enclave (possible but those Deadly Laigreks are certainly challenging at mid-level with no lightsabre and only basic equipment)...well the only thing which makes sense after speaking with Kaevee and discovering the fate of Master Vrook, is to immediately abandon the dungeon crawl and go chase after Vrook at the Kinrath Cave.

But the problem is the quest isn't sparked yet, it doesn't fire until you get to the library, get annoyed by gaylord Disciple the gay librarian and examine the mercinary bodies. You cannot chase after Vrook the even more annoying but not as gay Master until you've been in the library.

So Kaevee mentioning anything at all about the fate of Vrook is completely redundant unless you've got the script for the Vrook-Kinrath Quest firing when she mentions it. Either this script needs to be included so that meeting Kaevee serves the same purpose as examining the mercinary bodies in the library, or those dialogue lines need to be cut from the Kaevee encounter.

I do however love the hook lines about the Sith Holocron, as I'm about to start working on a Holocron mod and the enclave is the perfect place to find it.

Oh yeah nearly forgot...
Rebuilt HK47 Quest parts don't get delivered in sequence during the HK50 encounters, but this was a vanilla game bug. Just since you've obviously introduced a script to award quest parts on defeating HK50's surely there could be additional scripting to make sure the parts are in sequence and don't repeat parts the Exile doesn't need any longer. I think I saw a script to make sure only remaining quest items are given in Kotortool.

Also I think your hide weapons in animations file might be bugged. Is it the same as the original mod? Gives my dudes spasms in cutscenes.
 DarthStoney
12-23-2009, 8:01 AM
edit, okay found some bugs at Khoonda, definitely introduced by TSLRCM since the Dantooine Restoration had much of this content fixed and there are no other conflicts for this section in my override. I think Jonathan7 mentioned these anyway.
In the Battle of Khoonda, Zherron appears beside the Exile wherever he stations himself even though he says he will take whichever exit the Player doesn't. Then during the cutscene for the opposite entrance to the PC he suddenly appears again as a double. Dantooine Restoration had this content without the bug so I think I'll switch those files over.

The TSLRCM includes companions with the Player/Exile for the Battle of Khoonda but the problem here is they are entirely overpowered for the level of foes they face, it was obviously designed for just the PC which when he is alone throughout, at least the combat within the Khoonda facility lasts longer than three rounds or basically a few seconds. As it is he fights in the interior with Master Vrook and a number of militia whilst the mercinaries have the one Boss leader and good equipment but really stand no chance as it was if you managed to repair and arm up the battle-droids earlier.

If you didn't do the battle preparations properly then let's face it you deserve to have a real hard time fighting.

The original Dantooine Restoration project works much better for the Battle of Khoonda, TSLRCM isn't as good here.

I have redone this and fixed those things as well as made the battle more of a "battle" now. It may be a little too hard now,my companions keep dying one me. :)

I also had some points/bugs about Khaevee, if I can remember my train of thought (damn knew I should've written it down)
Oh that's right, there needs to be a script firing the "retrieve Master Vrook from the Kinrath Caves Quest" just as if you'd found the mercinary bodies in the Jedi library. Essentially if the Player is in character and happens to explore the area where Kaevee is, before doing the circular route through the enclave (possible but those Deadly Laigreks are certainly challenging at mid-level with no lightsabre and only basic equipment)...well the only thing which makes sense after speaking with Kaevee and discovering the fate of Master Vrook, is to immediately abandon the dungeon crawl and go chase after Vrook at the Kinrath Cave.

But the problem is the quest isn't sparked yet, it doesn't fire until you get to the library, get annoyed by gaylord Disciple the gay librarian and examine the mercinary bodies. You cannot chase after Vrook the even more annoying but not as gay Master until you've been in the library.

So Kaevee mentioning anything at all about the fate of Vrook is completely redundant unless you've got the script for the Vrook-Kinrath Quest firing when she mentions it. Either this script needs to be included so that meeting Kaevee serves the same purpose as examining the mercinary bodies in the library, or those dialogue lines need to be cut from the Kaevee encounter.

I do however love the hook lines about the Sith Holocron, as I'm about to start working on a Holocron mod and the enclave is the perfect place to find it.
The part about Vrook not triggering properly was fixed in one of the later patches and I have taken care of the other issue you mentioned also as well as fixing her dialog the DS part of it was terrible pathing wise..

Rebuilt HK47 Quest parts don't get delivered in sequence during the HK50 encounters, but this was a vanilla game bug. Just since you've obviously introduced a script to award quest parts on defeating HK50's surely there could be additional scripting to make sure the parts are in sequence and don't repeat parts the Exile doesn't need any longer. I think I saw a script to make sure only remaining quest items are given in Kotortool.

Also I think your hide weapons in animations file might be bugged. Is it the same as the original mod? Gives my dudes spasms in cutscenes.

The problem with the HK50 parts is the script Obsidian had left behind as long as the parts are in the Exiles inventory it works properly but if you install just a couple of hk47's parts it will duplicate parts you already had.(it does need fixing) The 1.4d patch fixes the spasms caused by adding the animations but it causes a sound issue (which may be fixed now).
 Rtas Vadum
12-27-2009, 5:14 PM
First real error I've had:

I'm getting this crash error upon loading the Malachor Surface(if that what loads after the exchange between Traya and Sion just after you leave the Ravager). I don't think I have any mod installed that would cause it, as the only mod I have affecting Malachor is VP's Rank Reformation mod, which only changes the Academy itself(and I've loaded that before with no crash, using warp). And I have TSLRCM up to 1.4d.
 Clone1337
01-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Guys, I need your help. After a long time I want to play KotoR 2 again and I know that there are cool mods for it. So i searched for them and the best "lost content mod" and I found the "Restored_Content_mod vers_1.4" . But I have one great Problem :

I cannot get on the side "deadlystreams" . http://www.deadlystream.com/showthread.php?t=339) Everytime I come to this ******* buy a domain site.

Can you help me and give me alternative download link or upload anywhere? Please
 Lex.mkr
01-03-2010, 2:02 PM
I'm having this problem too. I get a "godaddy.com" or something page.
 Master_ Tyvokka
01-03-2010, 2:05 PM
The links are in my sig :)
 Clone1337
01-03-2010, 2:14 PM
Thank you!
 vanir
01-05-2010, 6:37 AM
This sound issue, is it a crackling of speakers? I wasn't sure if this was problems with my 5.1 desktop setup or the TSLRCM.

I have TSLRCM patched up to v1.4d in sequence (as at the time I made initial post) but have only just downloaded the animations fix (which will hopefully take care of the cutscene spasms).
I already had some crackling speakers on the two rearward speakers of my 5.1 surround though (AC97 realtek drivers and motherboard facility for up to 7.1).

So I'm hoping this isn't going to give me bigger sound bugs, since I do like good sound and a bit of volume when gaming.

Also, am I right assuming we're still in final bugfixing stage and there will be a final version forthcoming?

And since I had v1.4d and previous patches I'm wondering how then the Khoonda Battle of mine was bugged if you say it's been fixed. Do you mean fixed for the forthcoming final release/patch?

Hope I don't come across ungratefully, I am really so very appreciative of this mod and all the work the team and yourself have put into it. Clearly the most exciting TSL mod thus far and I love youse. It's got me fully back into playing TSL with some wonder and excitement.
 DarthStoney
01-05-2010, 9:06 AM
This sound issue, is it a crackling of speakers? I wasn't sure if this was problems with my 5.1 desktop setup or the TSLRCM.

I have TSLRCM patched up to v1.4d in sequence (as at the time I made initial post) but have only just downloaded the animations fix (which will hopefully take care of the cutscene spasms).
I already had some crackling speakers on the two rearward speakers of my 5.1 surround though (AC97 realtek drivers and motherboard facility for up to 7.1).

So I'm hoping this isn't going to give me bigger sound bugs, since I do like good sound and a bit of volume when gaming.

Also, am I right assuming we're still in final bugfixing stage and there will be a final version forthcoming?

And since I had v1.4d and previous patches I'm wondering how then the Khoonda Battle of mine was bugged if you say it's been fixed. Do you mean fixed for the forthcoming final release/patch?

Hope I don't come across ungratefully, I am really so very appreciative of this mod and all the work the team and yourself have put into it. Clearly the most exciting TSL mod thus far and I love youse. It's got me fully back into playing TSL with some wonder and excitement.

There is a sound issue associated with the new animations(certain weapon sounds don't work),just remove s_male02.mdl and s_male02.mdx from your override folder and it clears it up. I think I may have them fixed just need to test some more to be sure.
 vanir
01-05-2010, 7:34 PM
Yeah I noticed that, and also the footsteps of the player controlled character often don't make any noise where everybody else does. I'll remove those files.

Also I've reinstalled TSL fresh to clear out my older mods. What I noticed was in two installations of TSLRCM I'm getting slightly different bugs, my abstract is that with so many scripting changes perhaps a domino effect on the game shell is going on?
In the first install the short cutscene in the visas fight showed my crewmembers incapacitated in the crew quarters. But in the new install these scene flashes by too quickly to be seen and you go straight to visas quarters for the fight. Her Forcesight influence on you in the battle still works though (love that addition, it was really missing from vanilla because of associated dialogue afterwards).
Plus I might suggest a visas.utc addition to TSLRCM so that she has the Forcesight power when she joins your party (although my install always has this anyway since I rechoose more appropriate feats/powers for visas than what she joins with normally and add things like a dark jedi robe to her equipped items, it doesn't change the visual model but makes it more logical in stats...also according to the dialogue she specifically has this power to use but iirc she doesn't on her vanilla utc).

I did notice TSLRCM seems to fix an annoying vanilla bug (unintentionally I presume) where Bao Dur's remote used to continually wind up buried in a pc/npc during cutscenes, damn that was annoying. This never happens anymore with your mod, you can really see a slight change in movement behaviour during cutscenes with the remote (its movement parameters wrt Bao Dur appear noticeably different, much better and giving it a better presence in game, I kind of like the little thing now).

Also I know you don't touch the k_ai_master but there are a lot of dlg files rescripted, which I understand may involve ai behaviour. Varsity and I have been mucking around with a mod using script attachments to the k_ai_master and getting bugs for scripts that should be working fine. Any chance you think messing around with the k_ai_master might cause conflict? Troubleshooting it has left us stumped for several days now, but I'm a real novice on scripting (Varsity seems to know what he's doing).
 thegame197676
01-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I have an issue when i get Atton Mira and
T3 to Tubb to change the transponder codes, it asks me which two will go on Gotos yacht. Then the video plays of the Ebon Hawk leaving the landing pad, and of gotos yacht closing in on the Ebon Hawk, then suddenly for some reason it goes to the scene in the cantina with the duro's waiting on the information from the scout and finding out about the message to the exile from Visquis. Then I am standing outside the Ebon Hawk with Atton, Mira, and T3 basically stuck.. i have went back to previous saves a few times with no success on getting through this issue.

By the way this is my first time through, and up till this point it has been flawless and rather enjoyable with the restored content. Great job so far from what I have saw.
 MishraArtificer
01-12-2010, 9:10 PM
I installed this mod in the hopes that it would be truly awesome...and it was! And is!

Until I got to the former Sith Academy on Korriban expecting to find what was left of Master Vash. And do you know what was left of dear Master Vash?

A bag.

Aw ****., I thought, I left M4-78 in here!

I thought I was doomed to a glitched-out playthrough, so I thought, What the ****. May as well play it through. And with that, I have some good news.

Aside from...
-what appears to be several heavy repeaters I found in the HK Factory that had no names or descriptions (didn't check to see if the graphic was unassigned too...I needed the components)

-several skipped dialogue lines (just the audio skipped, may have been no audio files to begin with)

-several occasions of the dialog skipping ahead with no input (vanilla Oddessy Engine problem, had the same glitch in KOTOR I)

-several lines of dialog/PC dialog choices/item descriptions/clickables in the environment (lockers and boxes, etc.) appearing in German, for whatever reason

...so far, everything appears to be running surprisingly smoothly!

PS: I'm on Dantooine, clearing out the Enclave Ruins, as the (nearly) last planet right now. If someone's gotten ahead of me and done the exact same thing, let me know if you run into any game-crashing bugs...
 Phildevil
01-13-2010, 3:46 AM
Haven't got ahead with M4-78, but expect to get some funny bugs around Malachor...
 LME47
01-13-2010, 12:29 PM
@Phildevil

If by bugs, you mean game crashes while on Malachor, then thats what I'm getting.
Its annoying, but just gotta save like crazy.

Even with the crashes, I gotta get back to it since I'm close to finishing my DS play thru with the RCM.

Edit:

Finished my DS run yesterday with only 2 other crashes.
Started a new game, this time as LS female, and installed the animation fix.
Its seems to have taken care of that spasm in the cut scenes.
 Phildevil
01-14-2010, 2:42 PM
@LME47
Yeah, I was talking about crashes ;) I havn't installed this mod (M4-78), however, I've had some playthrough with other mods and still got those damned crashes. It sometimes work around with saves, but not always. But I somehow managed to get a rather stable modded TSL RCM game.
 MishraArtificer
01-14-2010, 9:43 PM
@LME47
Yeah, I was talking about crashes ;) I havn't installed this mod (M4-78), however, I've had some playthrough with other mods and still got those damned crashes. It sometimes work around with saves, but not always. But I somehow managed to get a rather stable modded TSL RCM game.Total number of crashes on the Ravager: 1, after placing the last proton charge on my way out of the ship. Had to reload from the autosave before I killed Nihilus.

Total number of crashes on Malachor V: Zero.

I played Male, LS this time. I'm planning on going through again as Female, DS now.
 Darth_Rurik
01-16-2010, 9:21 PM
I would just like to say, that when I saw this I practically got up and did a happy little Sith lord dance and squeeled like a little fangirl. I had honestly given up hope of ever seeing a public release for any TSL restoration mods and had resigned myself to the fact that the sequel to one of my all time favourite games would simply have to remain unfinished due to developer incompetency. So thank you, thank you so very much for making one of my dreams come true. :thmbup1:

The animation fix doesn't seem to work for me however, I still have no sound effects for things like twirling my vibroblade, or footsteps even after installing it.
 LME47
01-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Just finished my female LS play thru, with some random crashes.
I'm pretty much used to these random crashes, just have to remember to save, save, save.
I did notice something different from my DS play thru, was on Nar Shadaa, during T3's part, but maybe thats how its supposed to be with the RCM... it was just something different.

One other thing was having the audio dropout on the cutscene with the shuttle going from Dxun to Onderon, but that really wasn't a big deal, though.
 Darth_Rurik
01-20-2010, 6:02 PM
Did you try saving before the cutscene, exiting the game completely, and relaunching it, LME? Even with vanilla KotOR 2 I've always had issues with some of the cutscenes being muted, especially the one where you arrive at the Telos polar region, and both KotOR games I've had issues with the game deciding it was just randomly going to start skipping everyone's dialogue completely, but relaunching always fixes it for me.
 LME47
01-20-2010, 7:09 PM
I did save before that cutscene, Darth Rurik, but I didn't restart the game because it only happened that one time, so it wasn't a big deal.
 CrisG
01-21-2010, 1:44 AM
I made a long and detailed play thru of this wonderful Restoration Mod Package and I had Zero crashes. Anywhere. It was a superb job, and tho i had to work with some other issues and got great help from the team, thanks again guys, it was a seamless and wonderful experience and I very much appreciate the hard and thoughtful work put into this classic mod.
 Darth_Rurik
01-21-2010, 9:54 PM
Indeed, I always disliked this game compared to it's predecessor due to how incomplete it felt, so many loose ends, so many bugs. But with all this restored content it feels like a whole game at last. "Conclusion: You have just shown me your soft, meatbag-like underbellies and said 'HK-47, please shoot me repeatedly there until I die.'" That one line alone makes this all worth while. Did the locations where light sabers were supposed to be dropped get changed though? I noticed after killing enemies who used to drop random sabers they only dropped crystals and modifications for me.
 LME47
01-25-2010, 6:57 PM
I'm on my 3rd playthru using the RCM, and came across something I hadn't seen before.

On Telos, at the Czerka camp, with the first set of mercs you come to, they were all wearing those face masks, or face shields, however they're called.

I just found it different from by other 2 play thrus, since they weren't wearing masks.
Makes me wonder if continued playing with the RCM will give something a lil different on each play thru.
 Kreia001
03-05-2010, 6:48 AM
You now, I always wondered how the game would be look like if there would be the option of Atris Darth Traya or Kreia Darth Traya. I know this was cut content. Perhpas another idea for a new patch?
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
03-05-2010, 9:46 AM
Is M4-78 or the HK factory included in this mod?
 Phildevil
03-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Is M4-78 or the HK factory included in this mod?

M4-78 is not as of yet officially included in TSL RCM. What is said is that we should wait for M4-78 EP, which will not be done until after TSL RCM is final. However, I know for a fact that somebody (Weavel or Weasel, if I'm not mistaken) has attempted to make a patch to make those 2 compatibles. I am testing-it right now.

What is included is the HK Factory. Not only is it included, but it has been redone for TSL RCM 1.5 by VPuppet (who's worked on it for a few months already).
 Kreia001
03-05-2010, 12:36 PM
You now, I always wondered how the game would be look like if there would be the option of Atris Darth Traya or Kreia Darth Traya. I know this was cut content. Perhpas another idea for a new patch?
 Phildevil
03-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Actually, you may want to take a look at this page: http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/f123/whats-restored-*spoilers*-228.html)

I remember having seen what you speak of somewhere, but I think they'd decided not to restore-it.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
03-05-2010, 2:00 PM
Don't they already have an M4-78 mod out though?
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-05-2010, 2:14 PM
Don't they already have an M4-78 mod out though?

I lost track of the K2 Restoration projects long ago, but I remember that the modules were released and accessible some good time ago. Nothing to do there except doing some sight seeing and warping via the cheat console between areas.
 Phildevil
03-05-2010, 3:54 PM
I lost track of the K2 Restoration projects long ago, but I remember that the modules were released and accessible some good time ago. Nothing to do there except doing some sight seeing and warping via the cheat console between areas.

If i recon, it is a little bit more complicated than that. On k2 files, there are 2 modders that made an attempt on M4-78. The 1st one called his mod "droid planet" while Stoney did call his M4-78. This one has been upgraded a few times and can be navigated without warping. However, Stoney being one of the modders working on TSL RCM has found out that both are not compatible. In order to get them to be, you will have to wait.
 Sith Holocron
03-05-2010, 9:54 PM

The idea behind the Enhancement Project was to improve what was in the previous M4-78 release by Stoney and to add new material that doesn't fall under the banner of "restoration." TSLRCM however is restoration so it makes sense to keep them separated. (That and the fact that work on it has not yet started.)

There will be more plot, there will be cutscenes and what you do on M4-78 may affect things elsewhere in the universe.

Another note: the "Weavel" patch is NOT supported or approved of by Stoney and staff.

If folks want to continue discussing M4-78, perhaps it's own thread here or it's own dedicated forum might be the most appropriate place.
 VarsityPuppet
03-06-2010, 3:06 PM
TSLRCM however is restoration so it makes sense to keep them separated. (That and the fact that work on it has not yet started.)

I would like to clarify this slippery term "restoration" we're using here. For making the HK factory, those modules were about 70% done, so to make it to the 100% mark, I had to modify some things, and in some instances completely make up stuff, but it is all based off of cut content notes and w/e else.

Regardless, I hope you all like version 1.5, whenever it's out.
 Lord of Hunger
03-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Another note: the "Weavel" patch is NOT supported or approved of by Stoney and staff.
Funny, he claimed that Stoney had given him full support. I guess not.
 Phildevil
03-07-2010, 2:31 PM
Funny, he claimed that Stoney had given him full support. I guess not.

That is also what I've read...

5. Thanks:
----------
My thanks go out to:

DarthStoney for letting me make this patch!!!
Page: 4 of 5