Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL_Restored_Content_mod vers1.4

Page: 1 of 5
 DarthStoney
09-24-2009, 7:53 AM
OK, here it is the Public Beta for the restoration project is ready

Author: Zbyl2 and DarthStoney
Name: TSL_Restored_Content_Mod

Filename: TSL_Restored_Content_Mod vers 1.4

1. Description:
----------
Restores a lot of cut content in KOTOR (TSL)

2. Install:
----------
IMPORTANT NOTE! THE INSTALL WILL FAIL IF THIS IS NOT DONE FIRST!
1) The following files in the "Modules" folder, located here "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Modules" by default must have "Read-only" unchecked for the installer to function properly:
211TEL_dlg.erf
401DXN_s.rim 401DXN_dlg.erf
702KOR_dlg.erf 702KOR_s.rim
853NIH_s.rim
The following files are located in the LucasArts\SWKotor2\lips folder
301NAR_loc.mod
303NAR_loc.mod
601DAN_loc.mod
602DAN_loc.mod
605DAN_loc.mod
610DAN_loc.mod
To do this quickly right click on the "Modules" folder and select "Properties". Under the "General" tab near the bottom uncheck "Read-only" and click the "Apply" button (if "Read-only" was not checked skip to step 2). A new window will pop up. Select "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders, and files" and click OK.

3. Uninstall:
----------
The files listed below may have been modified during the installation of this mod:

4.Mod compatibility:
Prologue - Peragus - Harbinger Correction Mod (1.1) by Ulic
Sion's Arrival to Peragus Fix (2.0) by Zbyl
Coruscant - Jedi Temple by DeathDisco
Most graphic mods,sound mods and item mods should be fine.

5.Mod Incompatibility:
As of now M478 will not work with this mod.
USM will need a patch

Distribution Notes:
----------
A special ThankYou to Kreia/Jinger for allowing us to include his Dantooine_Rebuilt_Enclave mod as part of this restoration. He did an awesome job and there was no way to improve it!
Thank you to Usagi of the Voice Acting Club http://voiceacting.proboards.com/index.cgi?)
For her role as Kaevee.
A big Thanks to SWfan28 for a lot of the scripting and help he gave.
As always thanks to Stoffe for the TSL patcher and the help over at LF and to Fred Tetra for creating Kotor Tool and the many others at Lucas Forums for their help.
Thanks to Lord of Hunger for Beta testing and ideas to improve the mod.
Thanks to HassatHunter “zealous bug hunter” for his bug finding abilities.
Thanks to TriggerGod , Pra_Viilon, Garfield ,JoeW J,Vpuppet and DarthDac for Beta testing
Thanks to Savvy30039 for the little “feature” added to the ending scene.
Thanks to Mono_Giganto for the fix to Zez_Kai_El’s dialog
Thanks to DeadlyStream for giving us space on his forums

This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the authors.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

It is recomended to have a fresh install of TSL and official patch 1.0b the movie and sound patches are optional. Also it would be best to start a fresh game with no old saves and please follow the readme or the install will fail.
Other than that enjoy!
vers 1.5 is done and released as this version is now obsolete it was recomended by J7 to start a new thread.
 jonathan7
09-24-2009, 9:06 AM
Nice to see this excellent Mod is now out for the Public, hopefully the Beta will be completed soon and a totally bug free will be ready soon! :)
 Queen of Night
09-24-2009, 9:31 AM
Really, I am glad already on it it play.
 Darth Cryptic
09-24-2009, 9:44 AM
Sweet!
how soon are we likely to see an USM patch?

Edit:
-Gleeful dance- You guys are amazing! The game is playing the smoothest as it's ever played. Just a tad disappointed Maiden Hack isn't compatable.
 luc500
09-24-2009, 9:46 AM
I'm kinda new to this project. Can anyone tell me what is restored? (i only know the Genohadran isn't restored).
 lady_baroque
09-24-2009, 9:55 AM
Wow. I can't believe someone finally finished a restoration mod! :thmbup1: Totally amazing.

Thanks so much Zbyl2, Stoney and others for all of your hard work! Really, after 5+ years, I just can't thank you all enough. Great work; can't wait to try this out!
 Master_ Tyvokka
09-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Great job you guys :)
 Mono_Giganto
09-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Cool, I'm excited to try it out, though at the rate LA is dragging its feet replacing my discs, you guys will probably have a bug-free version out by then anyway. :p
 Mindtwistah
09-24-2009, 2:36 PM
Holy frakking sith

edit: Bloody censor D:
 miro42
09-24-2009, 4:11 PM
Holy frakking sith

edit: Bloody censor D:

Well said, my friend. Well said, indeed. (Nice avatar by the way)
Now that I can dual boot properly I'll be sure to start this bad boy up!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! What did I do?

• Installation started 9/24/2009 1:31:50 PM...
• Installing unmodified files...
• Adding file 605daraala005.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Adding file 605daraala006.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Adding file 605daraala007.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Adding file 605daraala008.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Adding file 605daraala009.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Adding file 605daraala010.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Adding file 605daraala011.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Adding file 605daraala012.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Adding file 605ralon051.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Adding file 605ralon052.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Adding file 605ralon053.lip to the lips\605DAN_loc.mod archive...
• Error: Unhandled exception: Access violation at address 00003231. Write of address 00003231 (0)

I got a brand new install, just installed the 1.0b patch and did nothing else.

NEVERMIND: I did a complete uninstall (again) and reinstall and now it worked. Can't wait!
 Queen of Night
09-24-2009, 7:28 PM
I'm playing on Telos, but a person I just think not, and indeed

Lt. Yema.

If it is restored or it has been omitted because something unimportant?

And where can I find this lady? Because although I have searched everywhere I can not find them. Help.
 DarthStoney
09-24-2009, 8:39 PM
I'm playing on Telos, but a person I just think not, and indeed

Lt. Yema.

If it is restored or it has been omitted because something unimportant?

And where can I find this lady? Because although I have searched everywhere I can not find them. Help.

Grenn mentions Lt.Yima but she was not restored,so no your not missing anything.
There was some dialog for her but no VO's and the dialog was incomplete(a whole part of her quest was missing) basically there wasn't enough content left.
 luc500
09-25-2009, 2:02 AM
is the handmaiden sister fight restored?
 Lord of Hunger
09-25-2009, 2:20 AM
@ luc500: Yes it is, and it is fully functional. ;)
 luc500
09-25-2009, 3:01 AM
@ Lord of Hunger: Great thanks!

but i've got another problem, after leaving Atris' academy, and then after seeing the cutscene of the jedi council talking with the exile and taking his lightsaber etc, the Handmaiden walks in at some point on the ebon hawk and she gets in a discussion with Atton, Atton then says: "well, we don't want your help, or any of your sisters." The cutscene dialogue stops and im stuck in it!
 DarthParametric
09-25-2009, 3:28 AM
A special ThankYou to Kreia/Jinger for allowing us to include his Dantooine_Rebuilt_Enclave mod as part of this restoration. He did an awesome job and there was no way to improve it!Is that actually working now? When I tried the standalone version of that mod it was completely borked with cutscenes not firing properly (and I wasn't alone - there's a thread on it in the Work Bench).
 Q
09-25-2009, 4:21 AM
Congratulations!

You can be sure that I'll be playing this as soon as I can. :)
 zbyl2
09-25-2009, 5:56 AM
Is that actually working now? When I tried the standalone version of that mod it was completely borked with cutscenes not firing properly (and I wasn't alone - there's a thread on it in the Work Bench).

There were some enclave problems reported by beta testers during closed beta, and we have fixed everything that was ever found.
 Queen of Night
09-25-2009, 7:08 AM
@Darth Stoney: Thanks.

I found two bugs, namely:

1. At the very first conversation with Kreia at the E.H. which it is to tell a little about the Mand. War, because the conversation breaks off at once.

2. Another bug, and although Kreia if one wants to teach the listening, again promptly broke off the conversation.
 luc500
09-25-2009, 8:06 AM
Even though it's an open beta it's released so not only testers but also we can report bugs (beta isn't fully stable) I'm not saying that you should avoid TSLRCM but rather wait for the final version
 DarthStoney
09-25-2009, 8:35 AM
@ Lord of Hunger: Great thanks!

but i've got another problem, after leaving Atris' academy, and then after seeing the cutscene of the jedi council talking with the exile and taking his lightsaber etc, the Handmaiden walks in at some point on the ebon hawk and she gets in a discussion with Atton, Atton then says: "well, we don't want your help, or any of your sisters." The cutscene dialogue stops and im stuck in it!

Apparently others are running into this issue also,just remove the 950COR.mod file from your modules folder. we only modified the Masters dialog but something happened when put into a .mod file.
 Time Lord
09-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Congratulations on completing the mod. Instant download.
 DarthParametric
09-25-2009, 10:27 AM
There were some enclave problems reported by beta testers during closed beta, and we have fixed everything that was ever found.I found that both the modules in the original Rebuilt Enclave mod didn't work properly - Telos Academy and Dantooine. There were three specific cutscenes I particularly remember that wouldn't fire - the first meeting with Atris, the scene about halfway through the game where the Handmaiden's sisters are talking to Atris about the Handmaiden, and the Jedi Council confrontation scene on Dantooine at the end of the game.
 zbyl2
09-25-2009, 10:49 AM
I found that both the modules in the original Rebuilt Enclave mod didn't work properly - Telos Academy and Dantooine. There were three specific cutscenes I particularly remember that wouldn't fire - the first meeting with Atris, the scene about halfway through the game where the Handmaiden's sisters are talking to Atris about the Handmaiden, and the Jedi Council confrontation scene on Dantooine at the end of the game.

Atris' academy problems were caused by Jinger, he didn't put dlg files into his 262TEL.mod. It was first thing we fixed after getting his permission to use that mod :)
Don't know about anything not triggering in Enclave. I didn't encounter any such issues in closed beta (nor did any other testers) so I guess it's safe to say it was fixed as well.
 Melanchoholic
09-25-2009, 4:18 PM
Ummm...
I own the German edition of Kotor TSL and I already patched it to 1.0b. But when I try to start the game now to play he mod - which I sucessfully installed as far as the log says - it just crashes.
And now, after I have already reinstalled the game and got the same failure again I thought I'd ask someone (meaning you) for help :)
 miro42
09-25-2009, 7:14 PM
I've had a couple issues so far.

1. I can't install the 1.0b patch because I'll get the mod installation error that I posted above. Without the patch it installs fine.

2. When I fight the Handmaiden in the cargo bay the fight never ends. She gets stuck at probably around 5 HP or so. She continues to womp me until I have no HP but the fight doesn't stop until I throw some Jediness at her and she calls it. I don't know if this was fixed with the patch or if it has something to do with the mod.

Any insight would be awesome.
 FaZzZa99
09-25-2009, 11:27 PM
I've had a couple issues so far.

1. I can't install the 1.0b patch because I'll get the mod installation error that I posted above. Without the patch it installs fine.

2. When I fight the Handmaiden in the cargo bay the fight never ends. She gets stuck at probably around 5 HP or so. She continues to womp me until I have no HP but the fight doesn't stop until I throw some Jediness at her and she calls it. I don't know if this was fixed with the patch or if it has something to do with the mod.

Any insight would be awesome.

did you remember to uncheck read-only?
 miro42
09-25-2009, 11:49 PM
did you remember to uncheck read-only?

Yep. I'm going to try to re-download. Maybe I got a junk file? We'll see.

EDIT: I still couldn't end the fight with her until I left the Ebon Hawk and came back on, so problem fixed or at least worked around. But now she'll randomly say things at completely inappropriate times. Most recently, I just talked Saquesh into releasing Adara (the little slave girl) and then Handmaiden goes into this spiel about how I attacked some dude unprovoked and she feels weird because she joined in (I think the appropriate time is that guy on Nar Shaddaa who tries to weasel out of his debt by saying that you have his money). It's really more an annoyance since I can just do something differently and work around it. Just thought I'd mention that.
 Ping
09-26-2009, 8:26 PM
Er, this warning appeared in the TSL Patcher:

Warning: A file named d_hk47_01.uti already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file..

I'm not sure if this will affect the gameplay in any way. Anyways, just so you know, I have the Ultimate Sound mod, Super Enhanced mod (plus addoon) installed, so that might be causing a conflict.
 jonathan7
09-26-2009, 8:36 PM

I'm not sure if this will affect the gameplay in any way. Anyways, just so you know, I have the Ultimate Sound mod, Super Enhanced mod (plus addoon) installed, so that might be causing a conflict.

It's a uti, its nothing major though you could copy it from TSL:CRM "tslpatcher" and Overwrite the one in your Override folder - was that the only conflict? Ultimate Sound Mod should be entirely compatible; in theory Super Enhanced mod should be compatible.
 DarthStoney
09-26-2009, 8:42 PM
Yep. I'm going to try to re-download. Maybe I got a junk file? We'll see.

EDIT: I still couldn't end the fight with her until I left the Ebon Hawk and came back on, so problem fixed or at least worked around. But now she'll randomly say things at completely inappropriate times. Most recently, I just talked Saquesh into releasing Adara (the little slave girl) and then Handmaiden goes into this spiel about how I attacked some dude unprovoked and she feels weird because she joined in (I think the appropriate time is that guy on Nar Shaddaa who tries to weasel out of his debt by saying that you have his money). It's really more an annoyance since I can just do something differently and work around it. Just thought I'd mention that.

This is actually a generic TSL issue,for whatever reason if you fight the handmaiden right after leaving Atris and before going anywhere(you can even stop at citadel station)exit the hawk and re enter it works fine. I tried to fix but obviously I didn't:migraine:

Quote:
Warning: A file named d_hk47_01.uti already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file..

won't hurt a thing,it's HK47's assassin's rifle,the restoration only corrected the spelling (assisin).

OK,TriggerGod corrected the spelling for the rifle. :)
 TriggerGod
09-26-2009, 8:54 PM
Wow, didn't even notice this! Glad to see you (publicly) released it. :)

I guess I'll install this for my next run through. If I ever get around to one. :¬:

won't hurt a thing,it's HK47's assassin's rifle,the restoration only corrected the spelling (assisin).

*cough* :p
 DarthParametric
09-27-2009, 3:29 AM
This is actually a generic TSL issue,for whatever reason if you fight the handmaiden right after leaving Atris and before going anywhere(you can even stop at citadel station)exit the hawk and re enter it works fine. I tried to fix but obviously I didn't:migraine:Actually it can happen at any point in the game and at any point in the sequence of Handmaiden fights. If it happens just transit to another planet first before fighting her again.
 Ping
09-27-2009, 12:38 PM

OK,TriggerGod corrected the spelling for the rifle. :)

Ah, thanks. Just wanted to make sure everything was in working order. :thmbup1:
 Disturbed205
09-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Seems to be quite a few problems with the Telos apartment, the door is closing too fast, Green can't get out in time, him and one of his officers get trapped. The door doesn't open for Mota, and the officer doesn't turn around when talking to you through the intercom
 Darth Cryptic
09-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Disturbed: Some of those are vanilla game errors
 logan23
09-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Seems to be quite a few problems with the Telos apartment, the door is closing too fast, Green can't get out in time, him and one of his officers get trapped. The door doesn't open for Mota, and the officer doesn't turn around when talking to you through the intercom

Actually that's Kotor2 vanilla. I have those issues. Its part of the original game bugs. (I don't have this mod in my game yet, but I'm looking forward to playing it:) )

Logan
 Disturbed205
09-28-2009, 8:59 PM
Alright, I have found its impossible, even with 100 influence with Mical/Disciple to get him to talk to you about what he means about hating jedi.

Also, I trained Bao-Dur, and nothing happened, perhaps because I hadn't leveled him up, but there should be a way to go back and fix it.

EDIT: The "naming of the gand" quest is broken, there is no gand that will tell you his name, or that he's a great warrior. you have to lie to complete the quest, and when you do your journal updates like you've met the famous gand and told him his name.
 CrisG
09-28-2009, 9:51 PM
wonderful this is great news. thanks so much for this work guys.
 miro42
09-29-2009, 9:02 PM
Okay earlier I said Handmaiden was doing weirdness. Well I just tried the same thing, talking to Saquesh about Adana's release, and I paid him the money after persuading him to go down to 700 and Bao Dur said the same thing that Handmaiden said about killing defenseless people or whatever. So I tried to pay Saquesh the entire 1000 credits and I didn't get the talking to from my party, so I guess it's just a scripting error. I don't know if this is from this mod or if that's a vanilla mistake, although if I remember correctly I've never had that problem before.
 jonathan7
09-29-2009, 9:45 PM
Did you manage to get the 1.0b patch before installing the mod? If not I suspect your culprit may well be there...
 miro42
09-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Did you manage to get the 1.0b patch before installing the mod? If not I suspect your culprit may well be there...

I honestly don't even remember, with all I had to do to get TSL even running. I know the patch is there, I just don't remember if I installed it post-mod or not. It's not a big deal as I'm past it, I just want to make sure that the problem is known, if it is in fact from this mod.
 Scatter
09-30-2009, 12:50 AM
also having problems with this mod. clean install; patched; checked the modules folder modded...

got the unhandled exception error. now atton and kreia randomly skip sounds in dialogue. same with movies. sometimes there's sound, some there isn't.

i take it the mod didn't fully install if you get the access error? is there any way to install it manually?
 Darth Despero
09-30-2009, 4:20 PM
Hey did you guys try removing the read only from the whole kotor2 folder that fixed my installation problem last time...
 CrisG
10-05-2009, 8:21 AM
How is the testing going on this? I am eager to play the game thru with the restorations. Does anyone know if all of the following restorations will work together?

TSL_Restored_Content_mod vers1.4
[TSL] Prolog, Peragus, and Harbinger Issue Correction Mod
Ravager rewrite 2.0
Sion's arrival to Peragus fix 2.0

since Zybil worked on three of these, i was not sure if the Ravager and the Arrival fixes were in the main Restored Content mod.

also are any of these included in this new TSL Restored Content mod? Or if not, are these compatible?

Team Gizka Fixes:

Dxun Equation Puzzle Fix
Escaped Criminals Quest Fix
Fuel For Telos Quest Fix
Handmaiden Training->Cutscene Fix
Hidden Compartment Fix
Jedi Master Rendevous Fix
Mira Spacesuit Fix
Skippable Mebla Dialogue Fix
Starport Visa Trade Fix
Telos Academy Imprisonment Cutscene Fix
Tienn Tubb's Store Fix
Visas Teaches Force Sight Fix
Nihilus-Visas In-Game Cutscene Tweak

I am hoping to get as much restoration going as possible without using any other change content mods.
 Weavel
10-05-2009, 8:44 AM
IDK about the Ravager Rewrite but Sion's Arrival, and the Prologue mod are compatible.

All those fixes arre included, save the Nihilus/Visas tweak.
 zbyl2
10-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Ravager Rewrite isn't compatible. I "want" to release v. 3.0 that will be compatible with TSLRCM, but no idea when would that happen.
As for fixes you mentioned, I know for sure that Nihilus-Visas in-game scene is compatible, other than that, we made our own fixes for mentioned bugs in TSLRCM.
 miro42
10-06-2009, 1:56 AM
I've found another issue which I've never seen happen before. It's not a big deal and actually it's an endless XP bug, if you have the patience. On Dxun, when the Sith Assassins attack, you used to be able to kill them all and then have done with it. Now they keep spawning near Xarga's Battle Ring and then up by the main entrance.

Also in the Mandalorian Cache on Dxun I couldn't pick the locks on the metal boxes with a 35 in security, nor could I use my Computer Skill on the Foreman (also a 35). Is that right? I could swear I was able to do both of those with a much lower skill long, long ago.
 Rtas Vadum
10-06-2009, 9:27 AM
I've found another issue which I've never seen happen before. It's not a big deal and actually it's an endless XP bug, if you have the patience. On Dxun, when the Sith Assassins attack, you used to be able to kill them all and then have done with it. Now they keep spawning near Xarga's Battle Ring and then up by the main entrance.

Also in the Mandalorian Cache on Dxun I couldn't pick the locks on the metal boxes with a 35 in security, nor could I use my Computer Skill on the Foreman (also a 35). Is that right? I could swear I was able to do both of those with a much lower skill long, long ago.

You mean the two boxes that seem give the "Impossible" message every time you use security on it? Those you have to use mines to open.
 miro42
10-06-2009, 1:58 PM
You mean the two boxes that seem give the "Impossible" message every time you use security on it? Those you have to use mines to open.

Huh. I could swear I remember opening those normally before. Ah well. What about the droid foreman?
Page: 1 of 5