Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] “Carth Rescue” Story Expansion [K1]

Page: 4 of 5
 Sithspecter
07-09-2008, 2:37 PM
Hay, Pap, does your model tweak have anything to do with the Ebon Hawk turret game?
 Papership
07-09-2008, 2:56 PM
Nnnnnnope! ^.^
That is a very good idea though...
...stop giving me ideas! >_< No more!

And Quanon! You are most welcome. You may bring chains if you like. Muhah.

Many thanks so SS for doing that secret thing with the secret things that I mentioned O.o I will have a play around tonight, and if it works... well, you shall see!

~PaperShrub~
Hurray for 100 posts! And not a slice of spam among them!
 Sithspecter
07-09-2008, 2:59 PM
Hmm... Just a thought because the Sith fighter model is.... Well.... nevermind. Trying not to give anything away here.

Anyway, I've tried to modify the turret game before (new models) and it don't work. You just can't make them collideable. Yet...
 TheExile
07-09-2008, 2:59 PM
Nice nice nice!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:!!!!! Keep the good work, we really need reasons to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-play K1!!!!!
SS gave/will give us enough reasons!
Thanks SS!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Keep up the good work, because the work done until now its AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
 Sithspecter
07-09-2008, 3:00 PM
^A bit off topic there, but thx anyway.

And congrats to Pap on 3 digit post count!
 TriggerGod
07-09-2008, 3:04 PM
Nnnnnnope! ^.^
That is a very good idea though...
...stop giving me ideas! >_< No more!
Mind... Overload.... *Head Asplodes*

... No comment :P

Many thanks so SS for doing that secret thing with the secret things that I mentioned O.o I will have a play around tonight, and if it works... well, you shall see!

[QUOTE=Papership;2491386]~PaperShrub~
Hurray for 100 posts! And not a slice of spam among them!
YOUR A SHRUB??? :o :xp:
Congrats. I remember when I got to 100.. that was less then a month after I joined :)
At Team Gizka's forums, I rose to 500 posts in May when I started posting in February :D
Anyways, I always thought that the K1 romance with Carth was flat (that one time I played as Female) and that it could be enhanced.
If you have TSL, would you mind if you would make something involving romance for.. TSL :) (PLEASE... >_> :xp:)

EDIT:
@SS: I've seen him spam quite a bit. He should stop with meaningless posts like that (YA HEAR ME, EXILE?? :xp:)
 TheExile
07-09-2008, 3:14 PM
Sorry, that's just me! Put me in jail for being myself!!!
IDC!!! You will never shut *me* up :xp: lol...
Well I go like that when I'm excited...
I public apologize. Accepted?

And sorry for going off-topic again... Enough with the warning already...

Edit: "Congrats. I remember when I got to 100.. that was less then a month after I joined
At Team Gizka's forums, I rose to 500 posts in May when I started posting in February "

And they say I'm a big mouth...
 Papership
07-09-2008, 3:53 PM
You're both big fat spammers, TBH, but that doesn't mean I don't like you ^.^

TriggerGod - I may well add a sweet mod to TSL. But it won't be soon. I've made a point of not even unwrapping my copy of TSL, as I don't want distraction from this current mod. Once CR is complete, tested, debugged and released. I will probably play through TSL on PC (played on xbox a long time ago), then I will most likely design a mod for it. But that's a long way off!

I'd also like to point out that this isn't exactly a romance mod. It has a lot of play in it which has nothing to do with romance - quite the contrary! It's just a kickass mod, full of quirky things, unusual ideas and a bit of bad language, that just happens to have a romantic scene towards then end, which is why you have to be a FemPC ^.^

*cough*
 Quanon
07-09-2008, 4:13 PM

Darn it where did I put the keys, the KEEEYYYSS ![/PanicSearch]
:lol:

Ack, here I go again :p

Though if I would drop by, I'm sure to give some ideas for this romance mod :naughty:

@Topic: Turret games ?? Secret models ?? This is torture !
 Sithspecter
07-09-2008, 4:51 PM
^Don't look at me. I honestly don't know much either. I'm even more baffled after what I did on the models for Pap.
 Papership
07-10-2008, 7:55 AM
@Topic: Turret games ?? Secret models ?? This is torture !
See? The pro's don't even need chains :naughty:

Re: My little experiment:
I am delighted to confirm that my wicked idea is working!

Working! Working! Working!

I spent three hours on it yesterday (well, 1.5 hours, and another 1.5 staring stupidly at the screen. That's the way I mod). I've got the principal issues sorted, but will need to do some very clever scripting to control the madness I've created. No, you can't see it yet :xp: It's not ready!

At some point I'll need an aesthetic tweak to one of the models. But that's not essential for progress and will only need doing sometime before the mod is released. So really no rush there. Anyway, I shall try to get another 2 hours work and 2 hours staring done tonight, and we'll see if I have something to show you on Friday.

Now... has anyone seen Quanon's keys?

~ShaperPip~
 Sithspecter
07-10-2008, 11:59 AM
What!? Friday!? Aw the suspense is killin' me! Oh, I think Quanon probably left his keys in the Lords of The Third Dimension group. But it's not visible for non-members, so looks like you're stuck ShaperPip. :xp:
 Papership
07-11-2008, 9:46 AM
Bah! Sorry dudes. I got dragged out last night for a night on the town. And I'm all booked up tonight, and all day tomorrow, and Sunday >_< Eheh, perhaps I can steal a few hours of Sunday evening to get things done.

But, as a special treat to quell your disappointment, I shall tell you what I've created!

It’s a game… a sport of sorts... <.< ...think 'destruction derby'...

...with swoop bikes...

>.>

Yes... it might just be the greatest minigame ever... eventually.

*cough* ~ProppedupSheep~
 TriggerGod
07-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Bah! Sorry dudes. I got dragged out last night for a night on the town. And I'm all booked up tonight, and all day tomorrow, and Sunday >_< Eheh, perhaps I can steal a few hours of Sunday evening to get things done.

But, as a special treat to quell your disappointment, I shall tell you what I've created!

It’s a game… a sport of sorts... <.< ...think 'destruction derby'...

...with swoop bikes...

>.>

Yes... it might just be the greatest minigame ever... eventually.

*cough* ~ProppedupSheep~
This, and the BoS makes me wanna get K1 for my PC...
Not many people can do that. Gizka was able to do that for TSL, now you and Silver...
Lucky :)
 Sithspecter
07-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Sounds very sweet. And it does work, right?
 Papership
07-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Work? It will do, yes. “When it’s done”. After much calibration, the models are behaving as they should - and thanks to you, they no longer fly backwards (SuperSS was kind enough to turn the models around for me). What will take some time is programming the ‘rules’ of the game. The way the swoops fly and behave, programming the damage and scoring system, etc. I’m gonna need like a billion triggers and waypoints and scripts. I have it all planned out. It’s just finding the pc-time to implement it.

I’ll have to be pretty creative to get around K1’s limitations, but that’s the fun part – getting inventive. I’m 100% positive it will work. And once my baby’s all finished, I shall name it!

...‘Bob’?

(I suppose I should keep a log of how I’m making this new ‘sport’, incase someone else wanted to have a crack one day).

TriggerGod: Thanks for the encouragement. You should thank Silveredge doubly really, since the original BoS was what made me realise this scope of mod was actually possible.

Phew
~PooperScoop~
 Laar_Dha
07-11-2008, 2:53 PM
Thank you for the welcome, Papership. I'm new to modding and forums, but have been playing KOTOR for years.

Your swoop mini game sure sounds intriguing; I'm good at crashing swoops. I hope it won't require racing skills, 'cause I'm a bloody awful racer. Taris is the only race I can win (I learned early not to ask for a time to beat until after I'd done the fist heat and set the standard- :D)
 Totenkopf
07-11-2008, 2:57 PM
And once my baby’s all finished, I shall name it!

...‘Bob’?

What, you mean not "Tim"? (think MP and the Holy Grail) :D
 Quanon
07-11-2008, 5:09 PM
See? The pro's don't even need chains

:xp: , I just like the chill touch of'em... *guess thats a bit to much info for a modding forum* :lol:

What!? Friday!? Aw the suspense is killin' me! Oh, I think Quanon probably left his keys in the Lords of The Third Dimension group. But it's not visible for non-members, so looks like you're stuck ShaperPip. :xp:

This is going to give the wrong idea what our group is about SS o_Q

@topic: Destruction Derby with swoops :p

Wow, numb struc...
 xxMalic3xx
07-11-2008, 6:13 PM
WooHoo!!!!
Progress!;)
I've been waiting for a few weeks now!
YAY! :D
 Papership
07-19-2008, 7:33 AM
Heyhey! I'm off out, so can't say much!

Since any recent progress has all been secret stuff, I thought I'd share something from Chapter 1.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/RandomWandrer/MeetLimper_0001.jpg)
Video Clip: Meet Limper! (http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/a020793e1e_6.27MB)

Enjoy! ~P~
 jonathan7
07-19-2008, 7:42 AM
Heyhey! I'm off out, so can't say much!

Since any recent progress has all been secret stuff, I thought I'd share something from Chapter 1.

Video Clip: Meet Limper! (http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/a020793e1e_6.27MB)

Enjoy! ~P~

Interesting video Pap-pap! I thought Revan was meant to be LSF for this mod? :xp: Though on review I don't know where I got that from!
 Gargoyle King
07-19-2008, 8:18 AM
Nice work with Carth's VO lines, Pap. Say would any of those lines for Carth be spliced dialogue, if so very impressive! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see who this "Limper" dude is, looks very mysterious. :)
 Doc Valentine
07-19-2008, 12:11 PM
She explained to me that quite a few of them were indeed. She is such a master at doing that. She really has the ability to make any scene very cinematographic and awesome. She also expressed how difficult it was to get the lip synching down correctly. Yiikes X_X
 Gargoyle King
07-19-2008, 12:53 PM
She explained to me that quite a few of them were indeed. She is such a master at doing that. She really has the ability to make any scene very cinematographic and awesome. She also expressed how difficult it was to get the lip synching down correctly. Yiikes X_XWow, that's impressive, from that video you can't tell it's spliced - she must have a lot of patience! :)
 Revan 411
07-19-2008, 8:15 PM
Very nice mod your making looks great! I always thought that Carths story needed some improvement.
 Ferc Kast
07-19-2008, 9:49 PM
That video update looked very nice; Especially Carth's lines. :thumbsup: Keep up the good work.
 MasterWaffle
07-20-2008, 12:35 AM
I adore those sexy voiceovers! The fact that Carth speaks new dialogue alone puts this mod in a class of it's own. I cannot wait to see what you've done.
 Laar_Dha
07-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh, well done! This is very exciting. I'm jittery with anticipation :D
 Papership
07-20-2008, 2:43 PM
She explained to me that quite a few of them were indeed. She is such a master at doing that. She really has the ability to make any scene very cinematographic and awesome.
Stop, stop, you’re making me blush! (of course I don’t actually want you to stop :p). Doc is only saying that because he’s seen a glimpse of a later scene – a particularly poignant scene – that will definitely give you butterflies! He’s quite right about the splicing though; every one of Carth’s lines in that scene was edited in some way or another – except for “Hey”, there was already a “Hey” file in Kotor – cool huh? Some lines are harder than others. Some are lots of pieces all stuck together, whereas others are just snipped out bits of longer dialogues. The hard bit is knowing what dialogue (in what mood) is available and tailoring the scene to fit Carth's limited vocab. It's a lot like poetry; you pick out the words that sound right, then try to build some sense out of them =/

Wow, that's impressive, from that video you can't tell it's spliced - she must have a lot of patience! :)
<.< ...is patient another word for ‘stubborn’ and ‘obsessive’? ^.^;;

Interesting video Pap-pap! I thought Revan was meant to be LSF for this mod? :xp: Though on review I don't know where I got that from!
LS-F? Oh no, no way – if that were true I couldn’t even play my own mod ;)

I adore those sexy voiceovers! The fact that Carth speaks new dialogue alone puts this mod in a class of it's own. I cannot wait to see what you've done.
Aww, thank you. Thanks to everyone who continually encourages me – honestly, it does wonder’s for my motivation!

The mod is going very slowly at the moment - since my life is moving pretty quickly. But I'll get there in time. Thanks all for your patience!

Happy Hunting!
~Papeee!~
 Marius Fett
07-20-2008, 2:57 PM
OMG PAPPY!! <3

Awesome video. :)

Out of curiosity, what software did you use to do the VO's?
 Papership
07-20-2008, 3:06 PM
Miles Sound Studio to convert it. Then Goldweave/CoolEdit2000 to edit. I don't have anything fancy, but most of the work is cut and paste <.< so ...I get by...

Thanks, BTW!
~Pop~
 Marius Fett
07-20-2008, 3:09 PM
Miles Sound Studio to convert it. Then Goldweave/CoolEdit2000 to edit. I don't have anything fancy, but most of the work is cut and paste <.< so ...I get by...

Thanks, BTW!
~Pop~

Aaah, I have GoldWave too.

I can make those Taff Wars voices with it. ;)
 Princess Artemis
07-21-2008, 2:50 AM
Stopping by to stare and be in general awe! Niiiiice! The spliced dialogue doesn't sound spliced at all. Good work.
 xxMalic3xx
07-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Really, that's a spliced dialog? If so that's EXTREMELY well done.
Can't wait to find out who that Iridonian is... (That's an Iridonian, right?)
He looks really mysterious. Well, Keep up the good work. ; )

~ |xx.Malic3.xx|
 Meowster
07-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Ooh! Can't believe I missed this! Looks wonderful so far. How is progress, by the way?
 Papership
07-27-2008, 9:27 PM
EDIT! Sorry for not posting what these pics are of. Fixed it ^.^

Slow. Summer is always nuts for me. And I'm off for 2 weeks soon. But I'll get there. Thanks for the continued support guys. It'll be worth the wait ;)

Here are some screenies for you;
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4307/crwalkyn2.th.jpg) (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crwalkyn2.jpg)
“The Long Walk”
Tagoni leads Carth away from the prison cells, with Tomak stalking closely behind.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6751/crbigcagexr7.th.jpg) (http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crbigcagexr7.jpg)
"But I wanted a puppy!"
The Sith have acquired some rather dangerous ‘pets’. As long as you stay on the right side of the force wall you might be saf... ok, I’m not going to lie to you. You are not safe! Ever! :p

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/607/crconcernor3.th.jpg) (http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crconcernor3.jpg)
"Don't eat yellow snow"
Tagoni gives you some very good advice.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/50/teethbz2.th.jpg) (http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=teethbz2.jpg)
"I-promise-not-to-run-around-naked-with-a-traffic-cone-on-my-head-again-just-let-me-out!"
Naria frets and threats at the Sith. Not the healthiest pastime, but she inherited my sensibilities so she doesn’t know any better.

Knock yourselves out ^.^ (not literally, unless you really want to)
Much love!
~PaperMate~
 Marius Fett
07-28-2008, 7:54 AM
Looking really good pap-pap!

*knocks self out*
 Quanon
07-28-2008, 9:53 AM
M'yeaaaaAAAAAAHHHH
 Papership
07-28-2008, 9:56 AM
Don’t knock yourself out!

Gosh! I am sorry – I didn’t say what all these screens were! I just shoved the pics up there and expected you all to mind read. I’ll edit in some info.

EDIT1: Quanon <3 ...err, what does that translate to?
EDIT2: I've put in some descriptions and explanations for the screen caps *points up*

~Pap-Pap~
 Ferc Kast
07-28-2008, 11:37 AM
looks very good.

*knocks self out*
 TriggerGod
07-28-2008, 12:01 PM
looks very good.

*knocks self out*

I agree.
hmm...
*Knocks Carter out*
 Quanon
07-28-2008, 1:33 PM
EDIT1: Quanon <3 ...err, what does that translate to?

Orgas... eh FANTASTIC progress, I might actually start to like Carth after this.

I've always been more of an Atton fan, similairtys in mind-sets... naughty :xp:
 Doc Valentine
07-28-2008, 3:44 PM
Pap-pap! Love the new screens, and have I mentioned how much I freaking love Tomak? The teeth remark got me a little bit excited I have to say....

-Doc
 Papership
07-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Hello, lovely people!

I am on vacation in Spain for 2 weeks, as of tomorrow. So don't worry if I don't post progress or answer questions in that time ;) It's cos I can't reach the keyboard, m'kay?!

Hunt Safely!
~PaperShopping~
 Marius Fett
07-31-2008, 1:13 PM
Is your plane gonna be made of paper? :D

Have fun! <3
 correllian_thug
07-31-2008, 11:21 PM
WOWZERS! your just goin full steam ahead aren't you? I love the look of Vjun and all the updates are to die for...well done!.... i should dissapear more often, always come back to a treat
 PrincessJ
08-02-2008, 5:37 PM
Can't wait 'till this is released! Looks bad*ss! :3pdance:
 Sith Holocron
08-03-2008, 3:58 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this in action. With new spliced Carth lines, having a sidequest not involving the main PC, and a brand new mini-game - what's not to love?

Enjoy your trip to Spain!
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-14-2008, 3:49 PM
OMG! I'm so happy to see the beautiful... amazing... no... GODLY progress that has been made on your mod Paper!!! I couldn't get on all summer for some reason (said my IP was banned) but now I'm back and all I can say is, "*squeals excitedly*". Everything you're implementing makes me very excited. It seems the mod is evolving more than just the Romance. I think you're now my favorite modder because of this mod and I'm making that guess just from the awesome beauty and detail you're putting into this and the videos you've posted. The splicing of lines is nothing short of amazing!

^__^ Oh and it's late but Happy VEEEERY Late Birthday. Hope you have fun in Spain. Don't get swept up by some sexy Spaniard and forget about the community that loves you. ;)
Page: 4 of 5