Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] “Carth Rescue” Story Expansion [K1]

Page: 2 of 5
 Papership
05-19-2008, 7:47 AM
Thanks RPM.
Sorry Sith Holocron, just female PCs for this build at least.

Re being a girl / posting a photo;
It’s not unusual for my gender to be ambiguous (but by no means secret) when I first join a forum :) It’s only so people can comfortably say what they like around me. By the time they realise I’m a girl, they already know I can’t be offended! I’ll consider posting a photo. But I don’t want my looks distracting you people >:3

Back on topic...

I’m glad that little clip has pleased people. Naria does have a part to play, but I’m trying not to make it too big because custom voice files = big mod filesize.

I'm not really a Carth fan, but just like with Silvers BoS you can smell the sweet sudictive fragrance of awesomeness from miles away :p
Gosh, I wouldn’t go that far ^.^ but thank you! Honestly, though. BoS was a huge part of my inspiration to make this. And there is definitely enough content to please the non-Carth fans.

Jon – Thank you so much for spotting that error! I don’t want typos to let down the mod. <.< I’m even using American spellings (it’s a ‘u’-slashing massacre!), to mesh better with the majority of the audience.

@ everyone – don’t be afraid to criticise or point out errors! Constructive criticism makes things better!

Re: compatibility – This mod won’t affect the romance mod I believe. I’ve tried to keep it super compatible. It should only conflict with mods that need the Selkath docking-vendor / barman dialogs, which I believe is none =] Also I’ve hijacked the Taris global CALOBARFIGHT (I think that’s the name. I don’t have the files at work) – But if that’s a problem I can add a new global. No problem. The models I’ve borrowed from Kha have been cloned and renamed too, so my mod won’t tangle with hers.

Whew. I shall get back to my work now.

Happy Hunting!
~Paper~
 Darth Payne
05-19-2008, 1:48 PM
Hmm, i am reminded of Assajj Ventress calling herself Sith.

Only to be told by Darth Tyrannus(Count Dokuu) that she was no sith.

Couldn't Subor and Tagoni call themselves 'Darth' without actually being Darths.

They would in essence be rogue sith.
 Sithspecter
05-19-2008, 5:58 PM
Hmm, i am reminded of Assajj Ventress calling herself Sith.

Only to be told by Darth Tyrannus(Count Dokuu) that she was no sith.

Couldn't Subor and Tagoni call themselves 'Darth' without actually being Darths.

They would in essence be rogue sith.

I'd say wannabe Sith.
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
05-19-2008, 7:39 PM
Thanks RPM.
Sorry Sith Holocron, just female PCs for this build at least.

Re: compatibility – This mod won’t affect the romance mod I believe. I’ve tried to keep it super compatible. It should only conflict with mods that need the Selkath docking-vendor / barman dialogs, which I believe is none =] Also I’ve hijacked the Taris global CALOBARFIGHT (I think that’s the name. I don’t have the files at work) – But if that’s a problem I can add a new global. No problem. The models I’ve borrowed from Kha have been cloned and renamed too, so my mod won’t tangle with hers.

No problem just stating something I DID know about your mod. XD

And yay! I am probably one of the few males who actually enjoys the Carth romance. It is so under developed but thanks to modders such as you it will beat Bastila's! I can't wait for this mod.

Oh one thing I did notice about your teaser, though a bit minor, is that when the female Republic prisoner is shaking Carth awake she is a bit delayed. What I mean is Carth wakes up and begins getting to his feet while she's still "poking" him. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do to fix this but it's just something I thought I'd point out in case you can fix it and make smoother.

Anyway keep up the superb work and can't wait to play this mod.
 Papership
05-20-2008, 7:05 AM
Yeah, that scene was an interesting one to animate. Initially she did get up with him (I can do that, no problem), but it seems odd since she didn’t expect him to just get up, so she wouldn't know to get up that moment. I think I'll leave her down there a second after him, but stop the hand action, or something. I'll work on it. Thank you, though. I'll try to make it more organic.

Darth Payne, Subor and Tagoni are not 'Darth's, just a Sith master and apprentice. ^.~

Happy Hunting!
~Paper~
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
05-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I get what you're saying. I do think her stopping the hand gestures first then getting up a second after him would make it seem way more natural.
 correllian_thug
05-21-2008, 12:38 AM
i see i missed something awesome in my absence, looks like you've been well into this befor you posted here and it looks great! well done looks like it'll add a little more fun to the game
 Papership
05-22-2008, 2:09 PM
Thanks! ^.^ Aye, I wanted something tangible to report.

Speaking of reports, Time for an update!

Present Progress;
% to end = err... still 20%? That’s right, same % as last time <.< I’ve done a lot in the past few weeks, but the prospective mod has also grown, so I’m not closer to the finish line. I’m not going to rush, but I think I’ll try to stop having new ideas to slot in to an already big project.

Scary numbers revised!
At present, and growing;
Number of files = 712
Projected Modules = 12 (6 finished), Not all are huge modules, mind. A couple are v.small for just getting from A to B.
‘Special’ characters = 5
Scripts = 252
Dialogs = 61
Size = 24mb
Play time, minus combat = A bit over an hour
Projected playtime = No bloody idea, it goes on and on and on and on. Hours if you explore all the dialog! If you don’t then... still hours <.<

Ofcourse he/she could post a nice hot sm'exy photo in the ahto thread :naughty:
Done![Photo Album Thread] (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2466512#post2466512) Dunno about the hot sm'exy part, though!

Ach! Got to go – more update when I have time.

~Pap!
ZOOM!
 MasterWaffle
05-22-2008, 4:30 PM
Good lord, that's a lot of work! You are my hero.
 Totenkopf
05-23-2008, 2:08 AM
Very promising based on that clip. If the quality of the sound in your clip is at the very least indicative of the whole mod, that would be most welcome. Most mods seem to disappoint somewhat in that area.
 Quanon
05-23-2008, 7:04 AM
Present Progress;
% to end = err... still 20%? That’s right, same % as last time <.< I’ve done a lot in the past few weeks, but the prospective mod has also grown, so I’m not closer to the finish line. I’m not going to rush, but I think I’ll try to stop having new ideas to slot in to an already big project.

Don't let the "grand" ideas high-jack your mod, its often the downfall >.>
I would say once you got your design/plan worked out stick to it and just add the little fluffy details where you see them fit.

I've notice this "flaw" in my own mods, often you start with something simple, but before you know it you're like planning a K3 with 50 hours gameplay.

Though its often with bit of pain in the heart you have to drop things or leave them for a next mod project.

Done![Photo Album Thread] (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2466512#post2466512) Dunno about the hot sm'exy part, though!

OOOOhohohohooh :naughty:

Ahum :p , a least a normal picture, I seem to find myself only in weird and disturbing pose/ actions :lol:

Great to hear you had progress none the less :p
I'll keep cheering !
 Papership
05-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Thank you so much ^.^ You’re all very kind!

Sorry the post was a bit rushed yesterday. I was being dragged out the office by the hair practically (for good reasons though, so I’m not going to complain about that).

Anyway, all I wanted to say in addition is that Naria has had a little makeover. The Naria in the clip was just a generic white fem commoner, in Darth Bandon’s armor. She was way to clean to be in a Korriban prison. Plus I wanted her appearance (everything from choice of clothes to *something* about her hair) to say something.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/1576/naria13bb9.th.jpg) (http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naria13bb9.jpg) http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9056/nariaqz3.th.jpg) (http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nariaqz3.jpg) http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/5117/naria10mx8.th.jpg) (http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naria10mx8.jpg)
(I didn’t know what picture to post, so take your pick)

@ Quanon – I don’t really do plans ^.^;; I just GO! I know for most people this is probably a bad way to work, as it can lead to stress and unfulfilled dreams. But it is the way I work – if I let the ideas roll freely out of my mind, then the story and scenes write themselves. I can’t tell them “No! Bad idea! You don’t fit the plan so shut up and sit down!” I honestly don’t mind if that means I spend 4 times as long and produce a mod 4 times as big. Maybe you’re concerned that I’ll run out of steam and the mod will not be finished. I understand this happens often.

I’ll say this now, to everybody. Even if I suddenly get terribly bored of modding (as if), I made a commitment when I made this thread. That’s why I waited a month - to see if I felt I could do it. I will definitely finish this mod. And It’ll be great.

~Pap~
PS, I’m going away soon for 5 days, so if I vanish a short while, don’t panic ^.~
 Darth_JoJo
05-23-2008, 5:03 PM
Wow Naria looks awesome! This is a very cool looking mod ^^
Can't wait to see it in real life!
 Totenkopf
05-23-2008, 6:17 PM
Well, you're right about the generic model looking too clean for someone who's lost time of the length of her incarceration. "Weathering" touches on new model not a bad idea.
 Master Zionosis
05-24-2008, 7:06 AM
I haven't posted in here yet, but really good work. I must say I love Naria's new look, especially the new added features to her face, very good. Keep it up Papership.
 Quanon
05-24-2008, 8:28 AM
@ Quanon – I don’t really do plans ^.^;; I just GO! I know for most people this is probably a bad way to work, as it can lead to stress and unfulfilled dreams. But it is the way I work – if I let the ideas roll freely out of my mind, then the story and scenes write themselves. I can’t tell them “No! Bad idea! You don’t fit the plan so shut up and sit down!” I honestly don’t mind if that means I spend 4 times as long and produce a mod 4 times as big. Maybe you’re concerned that I’ll run out of steam and the mod will not be finished. I understand this happens often.

Hйhйhй, I'm quite the same, just going with my "tummy" feelings, though I often just change so rapitly of ideas, that I often stop working on a mod as another fun idea "pops-up" and takes my attention away.

And I'm getting more dilemmas of what to do lately, as I picked up my old hobby of Warhammer 40.000 again, its fun painting again, though the my K1 and TSL are yelling to do some modding.

Ah, life can be so hard :lol:

Anyway, that's why I choose do kind of freelance modding work, doing some 3D for various modders and their projects, as long someone depends on me and is behind my *ss to get something done, I get it done and I don't dare to put it aside to be forgotten :p

@Topic: The character looks great, seems to be lots of great mods for K1 lately.

PS, I’m going away soon for 5 days, so if I vanish a short while, don’t panic ^.~

Oh, NOOOOOOO, don't leave us,we can't live without you ! :lol: [/DRAMA]

Hйhй, have fun on your trip !
 Marius Fett
05-24-2008, 9:01 AM
Hйhйhй, I'm quite the same, just going with my "tummy" feelings, though I often just change so rapitly of ideas, that I often stop working on a mod as another fun idea "pops-up" and takes my attention away.

And I'm getting more dilemmas of what to do lately, as I picked up my old hobby of Warhammer 40.000 again, its fun painting again, though the my K1 and TSL are yelling to do some modding.

Ah, life can be so hard :lol:

Anyway, that's why I choose do kind of freelance modding work, doing some 3D for various modders and their projects, as long someone depends on me and is behind my *ss to get something done, I get it done and I don't dare to put it aside to be forgotten :p

@Topic: The character looks great, seems to be lots of great mods for K1 lately.

Oh, NOOOOOOO, don't leave us,we can't live without you ! :lol: [/DRAMA]

Hйhй, have fun on your trip !

Aww... How cute! Q's in love! :p

Have fun on your trip Paper, looking forward to your return.

Btw your saber is ready.
 Gargoyle King
05-24-2008, 1:15 PM
Hey Paper, the mod is looking great btw. Just seen the trailer and love the voice work, very professional! :D

I hope more mods like this are on the horizon, can't wait to play this with BoS.
 Kitt98
05-24-2008, 5:48 PM
Sigh Carth with out a shirt hmmmmmm drools I mean Hi how are you? LOL wow this looks awesome and I'm a huge Carth Fan. KOTOR II games was flat in the romance department for women dissaponting. I would love to add this to my Kotor I game thanks so much for doing this. I have played out all the LS female side with Carth lol I'm such a loser :-) But you rock.:D
 DarthJebus05
05-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Sorry if I missed someone else asking this, but where did that guys voice come from? The one next to/behind Carth. Doesn't sound like it came from a mic.
 MasterWaffle
05-25-2008, 12:33 AM
My guess would be it's a pre-existing voice file, Jebs (I'm probably missing the point of your question, lol).
 DarthJebus05
05-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Nah, you got the point. I just never heard it and it didn't sound like someone on a basic microphone. So it must probably be a cut voice file? Or I just forget hearing it.
 Totenkopf
05-25-2008, 2:12 AM
No, never heard that one in game either. Since her own voice over work sounded pretty good, I just figured maybe she had others do VO work and had cleaned it up. Maybe it's from cut content as Waffle suggests, though.
 Princess Artemis
05-26-2008, 6:32 AM
Still following ya. The new textures look good.

And I totally understand mods starting out one way and then getting out of control. We finished our K2 Dustil NPC mod in 2006 and that little TWIT still gets ideas on how I could expand it. It started out in one way and then got all over the place very quickly (my co-modder didn't help that at all ;) ). Anyhow, I hope the characters and the ideas stay solid and don't get too rowdy with you--though a nice big Carth mod would make me one happy Onasi fan!
 Papership
05-29-2008, 9:03 AM
Heyhey! And she’s back! (Calm down, Q ;))

I can’t wait to see the Saber, Dingdong (can’t wait to see if the colour worked too) PICS! (Here or pm, just showshowshow!)

Sorry if I missed someone else asking this, but where did that guys voice come from? The one next to/behind Carth. Doesn't sound like it came from a mic.
My guess would be it's a pre-existing voice file, Jebs (I'm probably missing the point of your question, lol).
Nah, you got the point. I just never heard it and it didn't sound like someone on a basic microphone. So it must probably be a cut voice file? Or I just forget hearing it.
No, never heard that one in game either. Since her own voice over work sounded pretty good, I just figured maybe she had others do VO work and had cleaned it up. Maybe it's from cut content as Waffle suggests, though.
MasterWaffle is closest on this one. Torren’s lines were created by splicing a whole bunch of other sound files. The reason you probably won’t recognise the voice is because the rhythm/tone/volumes were all heavily doctored (specifically to make him sound unique). I’d love to say I voiced him too, but I can’t go that low! :p

Latest torment: I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to figure out a way to force Carth’s HP to stay low. It’s naturally low following his initial bout (pre-capture), and I’ve locked all items/armour/powers. But I’m aware that some of you might have strange health regen powers on him. And more importantly, if you decide to save a level up for the prison scene he’ll be magically healed to full health =/ I think I’ll have to stick a heartbeat script somewhere to nuke him down if he gets too healthy. Blerg.

Nice bit of pointless waffle for you, but at least it shows I’m considering continuity ;) Other than that, not much progress to report (since I’ve been away). I’ve also figured out in my absence a great way of giving you a little more freedom in Korriban without actually freeing you (muhah, ahem). I’ve also written the script for the finale of the mod (film style script – not ncs). It’s going to be a blast, and definitely pushes the limited game animations to their... well... limits <.< I’ll try my best not to upstage Malak!

As always, thank you all for the helpful feedback and encouragement! And hello to the new faces!

~Pap~
 DarthJebus05
05-29-2008, 9:31 AM
For the hp to be low, here you go:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186294)
 DarthRevan243
05-29-2008, 9:32 AM
Can I voice a male?

~SNIP~

-DarthRevan243
 patient_zero
05-29-2008, 10:11 AM
I only just noticed this thread. I always love mods that add something extra to the story... plus I'm a sucker for anything Onasi. I'll be watching, keep up the good work.
 DarthJebus05
05-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Can I please voice a male?

-DarthRevan243

Fixed. Thats what it should have looked like.

If you want people to start taking you seriously, you have got to stop spamming threads.

Side note: By the look of your picture, I don't think your voice will be deep enough to voice anybody.
 jonathan7
05-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Heyhey! And she’s back! (Calm down, Q ;))

Q is a very cool customer... trust me :)

Nice to have you back Paper, hope you had a good vacation and I look forward to hearing progress updates as and when they happen, on a very interesting mod :)

If you want people to start taking you seriously, you have got to stop spamming threads.

QFT
 Papership
06-02-2008, 6:58 AM
((Summary, because I waffled a bit : Progress = supershiny 8 minute animated cut and some awesome new toys that I’m not going to show you!))

Ahah! It’s official, I spend way, way too long animating stuff <.< I spent the whole weekend on a scenario that only lasts about 8 minutes. Still, it’s a spectacular 8 minutes.

[Rantywaffle – TLDR]
>_< Folks who haven’t tried to push the game’s limited animations to the... well... ‘limits’ will probably never understand how quirky it is, and how hard it is to make ‘organic’. Especially when said animations require two characters (or a character and a placeable) to be very close to one another (y’all noticed that characters can’t move that close to each other). So there’s an endless stream of scripts devoted solely to ‘jumping’ characters in and out of each other’s pockets <.< It makes me dizzy – and it doesn’t help that all my scripts are called ‘blerg01’ and ‘thing_again’
I guess a good animation is one that’s so natural that the player won’t even notice it... so based on that logic, I should probably make them a bit hackier eh? ;)

Gosh! And don’t even get me started on “free range” animation! You know, the kind where there isn’t a set space with set x-y-z and facings to work to, rather the actions happen around you and other characters, nomatter where you happen to be standing and facing. So every move has to be calculated on the spot. Blah.
[/Rantywaffle – TLDR]

Eheh, ok. That was a bit ranty. I’m just sorry that I can’t report a whole wealth of new stuff, considering the time I put in ^.^ Still, I’m there now. There are 3 very difficult scenes to animate in this mod – that’s one out the way. Woot!

And a new character!

<.< Actually, that’s what took so long. This particular ‘character’ has very limited animations (no, not a Jawa). I know I promised not too many NPCs, but you’ll definitely love this one – and their very existence means you get an entertaining (yet surprisingly useful) gift at the end of the mission (*providing I can make it work).

Actually there are a few unusual things in this mod. [~snip~ As much as I want to sell my efforts, I think I should leave all these things as surprises. :p Believe me, it’s torture not to reveal all. I wan't to share everything here and now, but I worry it will detract from the finished product].

So there layeth my progress report. About 8 minutes of official plot... plus seconds-to-hours of entertainment from some new toys, depending how easily entertained you are ^.~

*EDIT: I managed to get the ‘gift’ working... and wasted another 4 hours playing with it! <.< ...but I’m easily amused.

Happy Hunting!
~Papersheep~
 Princess Artemis
06-09-2008, 1:48 AM
I'm kind of assuming you know about this if you're jumping people in and out of pockets to animate the scenes, but I did find out why cjt's wonderful Carth Romance Fix mod works--waypoints are 'sticky'. Some are, anyhow. So if you need someone to get extra close to someone else, plant a waypoint where you need it and have the character move to it. For some reason, that allows you to violate the 1 meter rule, as the person on the waypoint is 'stuck' until the scene ends or they're told to move somewhere else.

I think it works for K2 as well, since there were a few times I had to explicitly boot people off waypoints after a cutscene...usually they returned to their designated standing places, but occasionally they would get stuck to the waypoint.

Anyhow, if you didn't know about that, it can be very useful.

Still anticipating this one eagerly :)
 MasterWaffle
06-09-2008, 2:27 AM
You advanced modders and your animation talk. Just flies right over my head, it does.
 Papership
06-09-2008, 9:32 AM
Don't worry, MasterWaffle! I've only been at this for like a month - suffice to say I still confuse myself sometimes ^.^;; Basically the conversation went like this:

Me - Animation is haaarrrd! *whine*
Artemis - here, try this trick. It's very clever.

Thanks Artemis. I didn't know waypoints can sneak past the 1m rule. I do know that once characters are inside each other's "personal space" they do both get stuck and thus require some butt-kicking to get out again =] When I was first learning to write scripts, I also learned a lot from the romance fix. Actually, my very first sorry attempt at scripting & dialog is still hidden in the mod. I left it in for nostalgic value. When you first enter Ebon Hawk as Revan, have a chat to HK, you'll see :p. I'm actually getting very good at animating. The cut scenes in this mod are almost cinematic - I should call it "Papership's Puppet Theatre" because Kotor puppeteering is what burns most of my time!

Tutorial in the works
I've made up all kinds of improvisations and sneaky tricks to make the characters play out specific actions and interactions they can't usually perform. When I'm finished with this mod, I'm going to write a thorough tutorial on animating. I know this forum has a lot of basic tutorials on how to script and perform actions. But there's definitely room for a real nitty gritty 'step by step' on how to pull off elaborate stunts - with simultaneous animations, delays & timings, and most importantly a list of solutions, compromises and work-arounds for the problems and limitations you'll encounter as an animator.

Err anyway. I'm glad you're still looking forward to this mod. <.< So am I to be honest, hehe. Don't worry that the thread is quiet. It's only because I'm being hush about content.

What I'm currently up to:
I'm in the process of writing some more sub-quests into the plot. It strikes me that my mod is predominantly a mix of cutscenes and hack'n'slash. So a few little puzzles would be good to break up the action.

I wanted to post an awesome screenie for you lot, but I left my pen drive at home =/ Still, I have something shiny for you! "Subor's Darksaber!" Dingdong (aka M.Fett) made this beautiful custom saber hilt for me. Will post an in-game render of it asap, aye ;)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/wnrrr/iw_lghtsbr_40page1.png) (http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/piccc.jpg)
(Click for bigger view).

And here's Revan modelling the saber, which you might get as a reward if you play nice (or nasty – just play!). You see I've had a play (butcher) with the blades, trying to create the illusion of darkness (can't actually create black blades, because the game renders darkness as transparency). Still, the effect works quite well, even in daylight.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/wnrrr/Suborsabres.jpg)
I'm yet to decide which one to go for, red or colorless (or both). I’ve almost finished the properties of said saber – it’s not just a pretty blade with super stats – it ‘does’ suff <.<

This screenie isn’t exactly new, but it’s new to you! :p Ah well, I'll have some fresh stuff for you tomorrow ^.^;;

Happy Hunting!
And Thanks again Princess!
~Paper~

(>c.c)>=[===
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ ===]=<(¬.¬<)
 settoken
06-09-2008, 9:37 AM
Wow I want those sabers right now !
 jonathan7
06-09-2008, 9:50 AM
Wow I want those sabers right now !

Looks good Pap, the saber hilt looks very cool, glad to know things are coming along well. (Though never been a fan of black lightsabers :p)
 ForeverNight
06-09-2008, 6:00 PM
^^^^ Never got the attraction myself either.

Anyway, this sounds like it should work out well... heck, its more 'advanced' than the project I'm burning hours on right now... (Far, far, far too many burnt too!)

Hmmm... Gifts? We get presents for playing!

This is definitely going on my "Download once it comes out" list. (URM and BoS:SR, being the only other members) Maybe I can actually learn something about animating once I'm done with my stuff...

To reiterate: it looks good and keep at it!

Edit: Oh, and the non-colored saber looks the best!
 Darth Payne
06-09-2008, 6:14 PM
Very nice looking saber Pap.

Personally, i'd go with the classic blue and red sabers.
 Papership
06-10-2008, 8:54 AM
I’m glad some of you like the blacked-out blade. And for those who don’t, well, it’s just another reason to hunt down that nasty Subor – to stop him waving around that hideous disgrace of a lightsaber.

As promised, here is a better render of the awesome hilt that DingDong (should I be calling you M.Fett now? Meh) modelled for me.
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7461/suborsaber01mr0.th.jpg) (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=suborsaber01mr0.jpg)
And a screen cap that DDD/MF will probably prefer.
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3715/suborsaber02yt9.th.jpg) (http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=suborsaber02yt9.jpg)

And a couple of screenies from one of the new subquests I mentioned above.
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2625/tach1kz7.th.jpg) (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tach1kz7.jpg) http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9570/tach2wu0.th.jpg) (http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tach2wu0.jpg) http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/510/crateman1vu7.th.jpg) (http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crateman1vu7.jpg) http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3016/crateman2yx2.th.jpg) (http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crateman2yx2.jpg)

Aside from that, not a lot to report. I spent most of yesterday evening playing Lego Indy on my Wii ^.^;;

Hmmm... Gifts? We get presents for playing!
Correct. At least 3 so far – and not all of them are of the weapon/armor variety. <.< Some are just plain weird.

Happy Hunting!
~Paper~
 jonathan7
06-10-2008, 9:01 AM
Latest screens looks awesome, I love the dialogue options!

I’m glad some of you like the blacked-out blade. And for those who don’t, well, it’s just another reason to hunt down that nasty Subor – to stop him waving around that hideous disgrace of a lightsaber.

I'll probably just edit it to a standard lightsaber :P
 Quanon
06-10-2008, 9:40 AM
Ooohooo, nice sabers :p

Great to some new progress reports, this gets better and better.
Keep going, don't read my silly post, keep working :)
 settoken
06-10-2008, 10:08 AM
wait a minute paper...Lady Revan ???
What's that !!
I'll need to play as a female ?
 Papership
06-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Page 1, post 1, Setto.
Starting conditions;
Leviathan cleared,
Korriban cleared,
Female PC (naturally having followed the relationship plot).
(Sorry MalePCs. I don’t fancy writing 3 varying stories for FemPC Love/Hate & MalePC (maybe in a revised version). FemPC gives the most awesome outcome for this little arc, so you’ll just have to edit a save file!)
Sorry =/

I could make a version for the male PCs, but it would require a huge rewrite, and I don’t fancy re-doing half my sound splices. And a lot of content would have to be cut. And as for the ending, well... I’d have to think up something really clever =/ I can’t say anything without spoiling things, but there’s a key event in this mod – which requires you to be female – and without it, it’s kinda game over.

Bah, I’m just waffling now. Just go edit a save file, there’s a good boy ^.^

~Pooped~
 Sithspecter
06-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Looking good as always, P!
 Princess Artemis
06-11-2008, 1:22 PM
I happen to like those black 'sabers. If you have to choose, I like the silvery one. And niiiice hilt!

I look forward to a nitty gritty animation tutorial. That's something that can be a huge pain. You're welcome for the tip about sticky waypoints--I've been poking around at the dirty work for another mod I've been too lazy to work on with a co-modder, and was hammering my head into my desk until I remembered some of the things I had to do to move Dustil around in my and Jiara's Dustil recruit. So yeah, waypoints! Totally lets you get around the rule. (And yeah, I know about the getting stuck to each other part, too...I was tearing my hair out on a cutscene for the Dustil recruit where Atton and Dustil kept getting stuck together...they didn't like that! ;) )

Again, very much looking forward to this, absolutely going to be an instaDL when it's out!
 Doc Valentine
06-11-2008, 2:00 PM
Pap-pap, can I call you pap-pap? Sorry, it's a Tim and Eric thing. Anyways, I am really delighted to see your work! Especially that dialog, brilliantly writtern. It's really nice to see dialog that is very well done :). You my friend are the king of witty insults.

You suckle your mother with that mouth?

XD

-Doc
 Papership
06-12-2008, 6:59 AM
Thank you, folks!

Looks like the grey saber is a winner. It’s my preference certainly, but I’m grateful for the second, third and fourth opinions!

[Bit OT]
@ Princess A – You know I downloaded that Dustil mod, and I do own TSL for PC (bought it with Kotor), but I haven’t even unwrapped K2 yet. I’m totally parked on modding K1! Not that I haven’t played through both (I have’em on xbox), just haven’t played it modded. All joys to come - after I’m finished modding though! Don’t want to get new ideas!
[/Bit OT]

New stuff
I’m currently in the process of adding a large quest hub. I have some serious module editing and reskinning to do (which is new territory for me), but the results should be spectacular (or total fail – but fail is funny, so I’ll get over it). There are two possibilities for this zone. When I’ve decided which location+story looks better, I’ll make the decision and start showing off the new area. Progress here is a bit slow and chewy, learning curve and all that.

Doc, I’m glad you like my insults :p It’s not something I’m usually complimented on! And you may call me pap-pap ^.^ Though having just googled ‘Tim and Eric’, I may have to kill you :p

Happy Stuff!
*Pap-Pap?*
 Tooplex
06-12-2008, 7:16 AM
Is there any voice overs in this mod?
 Papership
06-12-2008, 8:32 AM
Yep! Voice-overs, and some careful edits of existing sound files. There won't be any silent subtitles. Not like back in the 20's ^.^

There's a sample video at the bottom of page 1. Look for the big pink DAADAA!. The capture sound quality isn't great, and that scene has been changed a lot (New Na'ria and much better animations). But it should indicate the sort of voice over to expect.

Welcome to the thread, Tooplex!
~Paper~
P.S. Okay... What's a Grim Fandango? Hehe!
 Tooplex
06-12-2008, 9:14 AM
Yep! Voice-overs, and some careful edits of existing sound files. There won't be any silent subtitles. Not like back in the 20's ^.^

There's a sample video at the bottom of page 1. Look for the big pink DAADAA!. The capture sound quality isn't great, and that scene has been changed a lot (New Na'ria and much better animations). But it should indicate the sort of voice over to expect.

Welcome to the thread, Tooplex!
~Paper~
P.S. Okay... What's a Grim Fandango? Hehe!

Thats good to hear. Its awesome the modding scene is alive and well. Keep up the good work.

[OT]Its an awesome adventure game made by Lucasarts. It has its own lucas forum.

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
Page: 2 of 5