Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WotOR

Page: 1 of 5
 T7nowhere
12-21-2006, 2:46 AM
Weapons of the Old Republic

Well I started this mod over a year ago but it really took about 5-6 months of working on it, the rest of the time in between then and now was spent not modding. Its been a long year and I'm glad it's almost over ;) It hasn't been easy finding the time to work on this but over the last 2 months I managed scrape an hour here and there.

The mod description(copy and pasted from the readme) tells you what you need to know about the mod.

I want to thank Shem for Helping me play test and debugging the mod and for uploading it to FileFront. I couldn't have gotten this mod released at this time without his help.

Also thanks again to stoffe -mkb- for the Super fantastic tslpatcher.

There will likely be questions about the mod so please if your posting about a problem be as descriptive as you can. It will make trouble shooting that much easyer. Comments and suggestions are welcome so don't be shy. ;)

Download (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Weapons_of_the_Old_Republic;74001#Download)
Minor bug fixes, 1.0 to 1.02 (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/upgrades1.0_to_1.02.rar)
Minor bug fixes, 1.02 to 1.03 (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/upgrades1.02_to_1.03.rar)
Copy the contents of the rar to your override folder and allow the files to overwrite any that are already in the Override folder.

Optional mod
lightsaber_7_pack2007_1.02 (http://members.shaw.ca/t7kotormods/files/lightsaber_7_pack2007_1.02.rar) This mod has all the sabers from my 6 pack plus qui-gon's. Also included in Uthars utc with Blood of Malevolence. The sabers can use all 7 colors in KotoR, although you will have to cheat them in(I know it sucks, but I don't have the time to finnish it.) ANyway It will work without glitches with WotOR, but I can't guarantee it will cooperate with other mods.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapons of the Old Republic
By
T7nowhere,svцsh,Mono_Giganto

Released December, 20/ 2006
Contact information:
All this mods team members can be reached through Private Message
at http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=321)

About WotOR:
Positive side effect:
Section I: Installation Instructions
Section II: UnInstallation Instructions
Section III: Possible Mod conflicts
Section IV: Credits
Section V: Special thanks
Section VI: Terms of use

About WotOR: *This mod is intended to be played with a new game, playing it with a current save game may make you miss several cool weapons* The main focus of this mod was to give as many of the interesting npc's their own unique weapons. This mod adds 22 new models for your eye candy pleasure. All of the weapons are integrated into the game as seamlessly as possible. Many of the models are just straight replacements for the characters original weapons some are completely new. It's your job to find out which are which ;).

I tried to keep the weapons balanced, some may even be a little under powered, but since I don't know which path you take through the game I kept them as close to the weapons that are found in the area. Only a few of the weapons have new stats most are the same was the originals.

Section I: Installation Instructions
To install this mod simply begin the installation and navigate to your SWKotOR root folder and hit the “ok” button. The Patcher is set to automatically back up any files that it modifies in your override.

Pay close attention to the install log for warnings and errors. It is very likely that this mod will include the same files that may have been used by other modders. If you have problems installing the mod or trouble shooting installation errors please find the WotOR Thread @ LucasForums http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645)

Section II: UnInstallation Instructions
To uninstall this mod you will need to delete all the files that belong to WotOR from the Override directory. the easiest way to find all of this mods files is to Copy them from the extracted archive and and paste them into override and overwrite all files, this will select all of the files used by WotOR and allow you to right click one of the highlighted files and choose delete(to delete all the files selected).

Then find the Backup folder the the patcher created and restore the backups of the files that you originally had in Override before installing WotOR.

Section III: Possible Mod conflicts
The most likely conflicts you will find if any, will be with the .utc(character files). If you do have multiple mods that modify the same utc you will need to combine the files. (I will add the editing of UTC files to the patcher at a later date)
Section IV: Credits

svцsh: Darth Bandon's saber

Mono_Giganto: The One's Vibrosword

T7nowhere:
Malak's saber
Ajunta Pall's Blade
Bastila's Double-lightsaber
Calo Nord's Heavy Blasters
Canderous' Ordo's repeating blaster
Carth's Blaster pistol
Chuundar's Bowcaster
HK-47's Repeating Blaster Rifle
Jolee's Lightsaber
Juhani/Quatra's Lightsaber
Mission's Vibrosword
Saul Karath's hold out blaster
Sherruk's Heavy Repeating Blaster
Sherruk's trophy Jedi knight's lightsaber
Sherruk's trophy Jedi Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Yuthura's Jedi Lightsaber
Yuthura's Sith Lightsaber
Bacca's Ceremonial Blade
Zaalbar's Bowcaster

Section V: Special thanks

Special Gratitude goes out to Shem for play testing, proof reading and debugging. I couldn't have released this mod without his help.

A very Special Thanks goes out to cchargin who made it Possible for us to make
new models for use in KotOR/TSL, tk102 for his very useful utilities for which we all could not mod KotOR and TSL with out, Fred Tetra for his continued support of KotoR tool(aka. KT) another tool us modders could not live without and stoffe -mkb- for the fantastic TSL patcher which has made installing mods much simpler. ;) for those that don't have to set up the installer) :)

Additional thanks goes out to all the people that have been so patiently waiting for me to release this mod and for remembering that I started it ;)

Section VI: Terms of use
This mod may not be re-upload to any other website unless explicit permission to do so is given by the WotOR mod Team.

You may alter the contents of this mod in anyway you see fit for your personal use only.

You are not allowed to use any of this mods resources in other released mods without express written consent of the WotOR modding team.

Edit:Those that have followed the mods wip progress may remember certain things that are missing, well unfortunately I lost some of my wip and max scenes(atleast 50 to be exact) and I haven't had the time to start from scratch, maybe a booster pack down the road. ;)
 SithRevan
12-21-2006, 2:53 AM
Awesome mod T7 it looks great you have a definate download from me!:D
 Shem
12-21-2006, 3:13 AM
This was a fun mod to beta test. You guys are in for a treat! :D
 mjpb3
12-21-2006, 5:27 AM
W00t! I have been waiting patiently along with eveyone else for this one! Looks well worth the wait, too. ;)

Nice job!
 Ghost Down
12-21-2006, 6:25 AM
W00t! I have been waiting patiently along with eveyone else for this one! Looks well worth the wait, too. ;)

Nice job!
Ditto!

:thmbup1:

- Ghost Down
 oldflash
12-21-2006, 7:30 AM
This is awesome!
 Darth InSidious
12-21-2006, 7:33 AM
Looks amazing :D
 wasa7
12-21-2006, 7:58 AM
Thank you! I have tears in my eyes. Thank you!
 TheGreenGoblin
12-21-2006, 8:41 AM
Yay!!! Just in time too. My vacation's just started, Finals are over and done with, now I can sit down and run through KoTOR with some nice new toys. :)
 JediAthos
12-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Heh...looks like I have a reason to start a new K1 game :)
 ChAiNz.2da
12-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Heh...looks like I have a reason to start a new K1 game :)
couldn't agree more :D

This looks amazing T7... I've said it before and I'll say it again..

"anything you release is nothing short of pure gold."

Though I think you may have upped yourself to Platinum status with this one ..hehehe :thumbsup:
 Dirtnose
12-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Omg!, So awsome! :D
 TheGreenGoblin
12-21-2006, 12:35 PM
I've been extracting the files and implementing them individually (since my Override is set up very delicately), so far I've gotten most of the models I've wanted in with little to no problem, but the Sherruk's Heavy Repeating Blaster is giving me trouble (which I chose to replace Canderous' blaster instead). I can get the model in the game but the damned thing is see-through. I thought the I was missing the TXI file but it is in there as well. Is there another file I'm missing? (I've got the MDL, MDX, TGA, TXI, inventory Icon and Base Items file all in there)
 Shem
12-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh, I almost forgot to mention in case it's slipped some of your minds. For those who haven't nominated the mod of the year for K1, nominate this one.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=173323)

This is the best K1 mod out there. That is why I waited till last night to nominate it because I was waiting till this made its public release. Once I a beta tested it, I knew this is what I wanted to nominate, but I had to wait patiently for its release before I could make my nomination (that's why it's almost the last minute :xp: )! Just in time for Christmas! :D
 Emperor Devon
12-21-2006, 1:22 PM
I thought you'd forgotten about this. Excellent to see it wasn't the case! :)
 Jeff
12-21-2006, 1:57 PM
Awesome work T7! I might have to dust off my KotOR CD to give this a playthrough ;)
 Arбtoeldar
12-21-2006, 2:16 PM
Sweet mod T7nowhere. :cool::)
 Q
12-21-2006, 3:28 PM
I just downloaded WotOR and I was wondering if it would conflict with Shem's Malak Improved mod (a permanent addition to my K1 override folder), since it includes a new version of Malak's lightsaber. I'm sure that Shem would know since he beta-tested WotOR.

Thanks!

BTW T7 et al: Thanks for making this mod. I'll try it out ASAP.
 Shem
12-21-2006, 3:33 PM
I just downloaded WotOR and I was wondering if it would conflict with Shem's Malak Improved mod (a permanent addition to my K1 override folder), since it includes a new version of Malak's lightsaber. I'm sure that Shem would know since he beta-tested WotOR.It's an easy change. Just open the UTI file "g_w_lghtsbr008" from my Malak Improved Mod and change the model variation from 6 to 200. Hopefully people who are wondering about it are reading this. :D
 Darkkender
12-21-2006, 5:50 PM
Sure you release this after my mod of the year choice. I hope nobody is looking because I see an edit coming round.
 Q
12-21-2006, 6:30 PM
It's an easy change. Just open the UTI file "g_w_lghtsbr008" from my Malak Improved Mod and change the model variation from 6 to 200. Hopefully people who are wondering about it are reading this. :D
Cool. I thought that the fix would be pretty simple. Thanks for the quick reply, Shem! :)
 Master Demonius
12-21-2006, 6:40 PM
how do i open the uti file
 TheNeutrachrist
12-21-2006, 6:46 PM
It looks glorious! Can't wait to put it into action!
 Q
12-21-2006, 6:49 PM
how do i open the uti file
I did it with KotOR Tool's GFF editor. Open KotOR Tool, hit File/Open GFF Files, and pick the "g_w_lghtsbr008" file in your SWKotOR override folder. Change the model variation value from 6 to 200 and save.
 Master Demonius
12-21-2006, 6:51 PM
ok ty
:edit: i cant seem to find the d/l link on the kotor tool site where is it at
 Shem
12-21-2006, 6:58 PM
ok ty
:edit: i cant seem to find the d/l link on the kotor tool site where is it atIt's right above where people comment on the site. If you still can't see it, at the top of the page you should see links that say "Click Here to Download the File"!
 Master Demonius
12-21-2006, 7:01 PM
ty and i must be blind cuz i didnt see that there
 Shem
12-21-2006, 7:05 PM
Look for the American, Belgium, and Australian nation flags. If you can see those, the download locations are there. When you find the flags, look for the links that say "Download Now"!
 Q
12-21-2006, 7:13 PM
You'll also need Microsoft's .NET Framework to work with KotOR Tool. I think that KotOR Tool provides a link to DL it. It's a lot of hoops to jump through, but KotOR Tool is well worth it, even if you aren't a modder (I'm not :) ). You'll see!
 Master Demonius
12-21-2006, 7:15 PM
ok i have that and is there a tutorial to use the kotor tool cuz i want to learn how do small stuff for my self like placing item places
 svцsh
12-21-2006, 7:18 PM
Excellent work as always T7 no matter how long it took you still got it done and out for everyone, that's a lot more then i can say for myself....

occasionally lurking on HL ;) svцsh
 Prime
12-21-2006, 8:05 PM
Finally some decent gun models! :D
 Q
12-21-2006, 8:21 PM
ok i have that and is there a tutorial to use the kotor tool cuz i want to learn how do small stuff for my self like placing item places
Start here. (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324) The tutorials are at the top of the page.
 T7nowhere
12-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone, I'm just glad to get that

monkey off my back. ;)

I can get the model in the game but the

damned thing is see-through. I thought the I was missing the TXI

file but it is in there as well. Is there another file I'm missing?

(I've got the MDL, MDX, TGA, TXI, inventory Icon and Base Items

file all in there)

The only files Sherruks Blaster rifle needs are:

t7_sherBlstrfl01.tga
t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi
iw_HvRptBltr_201.tga
w_HvRptBltr_201.mdl
w_HvRptBltr_201.mdx
t7_sherrukblstr.uti

and dan14_sherruk.utc if you want him to use it during the game. My

only suggestion is to make sure all the files are named as I posted

above.
 TheGreenGoblin
12-21-2006, 10:23 PM
What I ended up doing was I ended up just renaming another TXI file and that did the trick. Very weird.
 MdKnightR
12-22-2006, 2:52 AM
OMG!!! I can't believe he finished it!!!! I bow before the great T7nowhere! However, I can't seem to download it. It keeps telling me "The page you are looking for does not exist or has been removed." HELP!
 Shem
12-22-2006, 2:55 AM
OMG!!! I can't believe he finished it!!!! I bow before the great T7nowhere! However, I can't seem to download it. It keeps telling me "The page you are looking for does not exist or has been removed." HELP!Which country server are you trying to use? America, Belgium, or Australia? I know the American one works because I just tested it. Use that one.
 Master Kavar
12-22-2006, 6:50 AM
I just knew you wouldn't let us down T7, now I'm glad I saved my Player's Choice nomination for K1. I had a feeling you might be saving the best for last. I'm sorry to see that Jorack Uln's / Master Uthar's double sabers didn't make the final cut, but I still can't wait to get right into this mod.
 Jolly Boots
12-22-2006, 2:49 PM
I seem to remember more weapons from the request thread a while back. I believe it was Bendaks and Twitchs blaster pistols...or are those being saved for another pack containing the incomplete Bastila single-saber and Uthar double-bladed saber that was discussed?

:disaprove You and MDK need to read an entire thread before posting then... look at T7's initial release post above... the last paragraph to be exact. ;) -RH
 MdKnightR
12-22-2006, 3:10 PM
I seem to remember more weapons from the request thread a while back. I believe it was Bendaks and Twitchs blaster pistols...or are those being saved for another pack containing the incomplete Bastila single-saber and Uthar double-bladed saber that was discussed?

Good point. I had forgotten about those myself, but it would be nice to have those. Wasn't there also talk of having a new hilt for the Padawan saber the PC builds on Dantooine?
 Darth InSidious
12-22-2006, 4:19 PM
Edit:Those that have followed the mods wip progress may remember certain things that are missing, well unfortunately I lost some of my wip and max scenes(atleast 50 to be exact) and I haven't had the time to start from scratch, maybe a booster pack down the road. ;)
;)
 LazloAlbatross
12-22-2006, 11:50 PM
I don't konw if anyone has brought this question up yet, but will this work on Mac Computers? Would I still be able to just place these files into my Override to have them placed in game, or am I boned...Won't know until later tomorrow night since my game disk is in New Jersey at my folk's house.
 T7nowhere
12-23-2006, 1:25 AM
^^^You will be able to just copy most of the weapons and additions to Override, but if you do that it won't edit the 2da's or gff files, which is a major undertaking if you don't know what your doing,

However if you don't have any 2da's in your override I can generate a default set, if you do have some 2da's in your override already, you can PM me and I'll give my email addy so that you can send me the 2da's that you need modified.

Edit: if you try to just copy all the files to Override, don't copy the 2da files. those are unmodified and if they overwrite any that are already there you will mess up other mods that depend on them.
 LazloAlbatross
12-23-2006, 1:41 AM
^^^You will be able to just copy most of the weapons and additions to Override, but if you do that it won't edit the 2da's or gff files, which is a major undertaking if you don't know what your doing,

However if you don't have any 2da's in your override I can generate a default set, if you do have some 2da's in your override already, you can PM me and I'll give my email addy so that you can send me the 2da's that you need modified.

Wow, thanks! I've only been a member for a few days and already I've been given so much help. I'll look into this situation in the next few days after I get a crack at the game again. i've been waiting for over 4 weeks now & i've been compiling more Mods than I know what to do with...You mod will be the key layout for my new game when I finish my current one.

Thanks again,
LazloAlbatross
 TheNeutrachrist
12-23-2006, 2:13 AM
I have run into a conflict, the Juhani Sanctuary/Dark Rones Mod uses a different dan14_juhani.utc file than WoToR. I cannot equip the Sanctuary Robes without the game crashing. Any way we can get a file from you or Chainz that is friendly to them both? I only ask because I can see this Mod becoming extremely popular.
 lactose_
12-23-2006, 2:27 AM
Hi there!

First off, thanks for this great mod! The whole thing is fantastic all round, but the blaster models are absolutely amazing. I can't stop gawking at them.

Now I've got some stuff to report... I installed the mod in a clean Override folder, and cheated the weapons in-game to see how they looked.

Unfortunately I've got a problem with Bacca's Ceremonial Blade (t7_baccaswrd01):
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7702/baccaqq3.jpg)

And, worse, HK-47's Repeating Blaster Rifle (t7_ak4hk):
http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/473/akjs3.jpg)

Am I the only one who's gotten this? I downloaded it from Filefront, the American server if I remember correctly.

Finally, can you describe how this mod would affect the Revan's Mask+ ver 2.0? I don't mind spoilers, so please let me know what will happen in-game if I install WOTOR over the RM+ (I suppose that should be the order in which to do this).

Once again, thanks for the awesome work!
 Shem
12-23-2006, 3:52 AM
Hi there!

First off, thanks for this great mod! The whole thing is fantastic all round, but the blaster models are absolutely amazing. I can't stop gawking at them.

Now I've got some stuff to report... I installed the mod in a clean Override folder, and cheated the weapons in-game to see how they looked.

Unfortunately I've got a problem with Bacca's Ceremonial Blade

Am I the only one who's gotten this? I downloaded it from Filefront, the American server if I remember correctly.

Finally, can you describe how this mod would affect the Revan's Mask+ ver 2.0? I don't mind spoilers, so please let me know what will happen in-game if I install WOTOR over the RM+ (I suppose that should be the order in which to do this).

Once again, thanks for the awesome work!When I saw your screenshots, I knew right away what the problem was. I ran into those when I beta tested this mod. So that means I have the correct model files and have updated the mod for T7 to save him time to getting back to me since I know what the problem is. I hope he doesn't mine.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Weapons_of_the_Old_Republic;74001)

I took the liberty into putting in the correct model files. I noticed when I checked out the mod files that the messed up Bacca Blade and HK-47 Blaster Rifle was the messed up ones and put in the updated model files. I also noticed the Saul Karath UTI file was the outdated one too that he did correct, but didn't put it in the mod release. So I put that in for him too to save him some time.

I figured that he would have gone to me to do this anyway so I may as well get it done ASAP. Especially since I don't know how much time I'm going to have tomorrow to work on it since I'm going to be in and out all day. I'm the only one that can update the file and I had the update it needed and the time now.

T7 really worked his butt off getting this mod done in the time he did it and he did it while juggling his work schedule and school schedule, so I'll save him the stress in having to contact me for that. The only thing he needs to do is update his announcement post with the new link.
 lactose_
12-23-2006, 4:02 AM
Thanks Shem! I'll d/l the latest one now.

Oh, I also found the reason behind the problem with Sherruk's blaster. The entry in the .txi is "CM_Barmetal" instead of "CM_Baremetal". Think you can change this too, if you haven't already.

EDIT:
Shem could you list whatever changes you made, so we can just extract the new files and replace them, instead of re-installing all over again. Thanks!
 T7nowhere
12-23-2006, 5:21 AM
Whoa! thanks for catching those lactose_, I was certain that I had updated the files in the tslpatcher data folder after I fixed them. :( I sent my version of the mod to Shem to be reuploaded so if you haven't downloaded it yet please wait for the version 1.01.

For those that have already installed the mod you can download and copy these files over the original ones from my mod. Minor patch (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/upgrades1.0_to_1.01.rar)

I have run into a conflict, the Juhani Sanctuary/Dark Rones Mod uses a different dan14_juhani.utc file than WoToR. I cannot equip the Sanctuary Robes without the game crashing. Any way we can get a file from you or Chainz that is friendly to them both? I only ask because I can see this Mod becoming extremely popular.

You can edit that utc with KotoR Tool I would suggest editing my version of the file and add the robe to the body equip slot.

As for the robe crashing the game it's probably from the robe uti pointing to the wrong appearance.2da line, this is not the fault of my mod. Appearance.2da or the robes are not edited and the different uti dan14_juhani.utc would not cause the robes to crash when equiped on her. I have tested svцsh's Juhani Sanctuary robes when I was playtesting and everything was smooth, she wore them the entire game.

Edit: regardless of which version you have 1.0 or 1.1 you should download and use the files that I posted above. simply extract and overwrite the files in Override.
 LazloAlbatross
12-23-2006, 9:16 AM
Let me ask this: While I do have the Mac version of the game, would I be able to take the disk folder files on my Mac and transfer them to my PC laptop, mod the .2da files there, and THEN return them to my Mac? As you can see, I'm very new to all of this.
Page: 1 of 5