Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WotOR

Page: 5 of 5
 Glabro
04-14-2007, 3:45 PM
Trying to clean out the override folder causes a crash upon trying to load the save, even if Iґve unequipped everything. In the temple itself, of course, I canґt access the inventories of anyone else besides me and Bastila. I suppose I could try to remove all items from the other NPCs before I enter the temple, provided I still have a save and that would work...

We can probably rule out the jedi armors as a culprit, since I killed the only other two members using those...but maybe someone else is equipped with illegal weapons.

As for the .2da:s, besides the ones that come with the mods, Iґve edited baseitems a bit (damage values) and thatґs about it.

I should also mention that I managed to warp myself to the Star Forge, but Iґd really like to see what happens in between...

That would work if I got a save file (dark side, if after the scene with Bastila at the summit) somewhere close to the exiting from the temple, and I could re-install the game.

Edit: Just checked, the NPCs are equipped with : Mandalorian Heavy Pistols (Carth), HK-47ґs Blaster, Selvenґs Heavy Blaster (Mission) and Heavy Blasters (T3).

As far as I know, only HK-47ґs (way cool) blaster is changed, or?
 Shem
04-14-2007, 4:13 PM
The game freezes on me when trying to leave the Temple in the Unknown World with Bastila (or with Juhani & Jolee, for that matter). The freeze occurs during the autosave immediately after I exit the temple (turning off autosave didnґt help).

Would WOTOR have anything to do with it? Iґm completely stumped, and canґt find a way to finish my game. Any help is appreciated.It doesn't sound like the problem is from this mod. Especially since the module you're trying to get to has already been loaded and unchanged since the last time you were there, except for the Rakatan that helped you get in are gone. Usually a problem like that is caused because the game is trying to load something new that wasn't there before and usually a mod is causing the corruption. If you're mod free and it's still causing trouble, you may have to uninstall your game, defrag your harddrive and reinstall it and see what happens.
 Glabro
04-14-2007, 4:25 PM
It doesn't sound like the problem is from this mod. Especially since the module you're trying to get to has already been loaded and unchanged since the last time you were there, except for the Rakatan that helped you get in are gone. Usually a problem like that is caused because the game is trying to load something new that wasn't there before and usually a mod is causing the corruption. If you're mod free and it's still causing trouble, you may have to uninstall your game, defrag your harddrive and reinstall it and see what happens.

My save doesnґt load with a clean override, unfortunately...

I guess Iґll re-install (save the defrag, of course, I donґt have the extra half-day or space for it right now) and see what happens.

Edit: Re-installed to a new folder. Didnґt help.
Discovered that I was able to remove WOTOR entirely and reload the game, as long as Jedi Armor files were still in the override folder.

Still, the same problem - freezes while exiting the temple (the title screen theme can be heard, and I can alt-f4 normally (with the game even providing the yes/no prompt for it).

Edit: Also remembered that I have used KSE, changing things like feats, force powers, classes (from scrd/JG to sol/JG) and the appearance (from small to large) of the PC.

Edit 2: managed to clean out my inventory and run the game unmodded - still freezes during the load. Crapola.

Edit: I suppose Iґll just have to wait and see if someone has a save file to send to me, just so I can go through the dialogues and cutscenes preceding the Star Forge. If someone is willing to e-mail them to me, PM Me is the address.

Removed email address as per forum rules, please use the PM system instead. I have also combined your triple posts. Please use the 'edit this' post feature to add content to your previous post instead of having multiple posts in a row. Thanks. -RH
 TheRealDem
04-14-2007, 9:32 PM
Could you make a version of this for TSL?
 Jennaida
04-16-2007, 7:42 PM
Should I guess that trying to use the new saber crystals in other lightsabers is, um, bad? I just tried to put a type 3 crystal into a double bladed saber and well... KotOR came crashing to the ground for it. :(
 T7nowhere
04-16-2007, 8:33 PM
The if you put a crystal into a a hilt and it turns into a grenade then cancle the assembly.

Single bladed saber crystals can only go into a single bladed saber, it doesn't matter what single bladed saber though. It can be modded or a game saber, but it needs to be upgradeable.

The same goes for double bladed sabers, None of the crystals can be used in short lightsaber hilts.
 Jennaida
04-17-2007, 1:44 AM
Darn... :) Any way to fix that in a later version? :)
 Shem
04-17-2007, 2:13 AM
Darn... :) Any way to fix that in a later version? :)No, that is how the game system for both KOTOR games are set up.
 GoT_MaL(a)k?
04-29-2007, 10:42 AM
erm this may sound stupid, but what are the cheat codes for the 7 lightsabre pack?

And also, for the lightsabre pack it says you have to cheat them, but in the readme it says they are in game, the jedi ones are, but when I talk to the ithorian the sith spawn with no weapons.
 lactose_
05-04-2007, 7:51 AM
Sorry this is a bit belated, but does Glabro still have a problem?

My mod came with a .2da file (don't think the patcher was available when I made the mod) - I believe it was the baseitems, but that was a long time ago so I can't be sure.

In any case if Glabro installs WotOR after my mod then everything should be fine. I doubt there is any other file in conflict between the two mods. And it's strange that it happens at the Temple specifically...
 RevanDude
05-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi Im kinda new, I recently got this it looks great . . . but I cant figure out how to install it Ive read the readme thing, and all I have is a RAR file, I think, so I need either a little help, or a lot. As i said I'm new.
 tk102
05-05-2007, 4:27 PM
Welcome to the forums RevanDude. :)

Since this is a .rar file, you'll first need WinRar to unpack the file. If you don't already have it you can download it from http://www.rarlabs.com). Then extract the files and run the installation .exe
(the one that looks like http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3972/image1sv9.gif).

It will put everything where it belongs. Then if you want to install the 1.02 patch to this mod, you can download it and extract the files directly into your override, allowing them to overwrite the previous versions of the files.
 RevanDude
05-05-2007, 7:18 PM
thanks, ill see if this works :thmbup1:
 billium
05-07-2007, 9:22 PM
Hello everyone,
I am having a problem on the leviathan, I have WotOR 1.1 insalled and Good and Evil Bastilla's robes. When Malak confornts bastilla, Carth and I, He uses Stasis on Carth and Bastilla while we fight. the problem is after he runs and hides behind the blast doors Carth and Bastilla never wake up. I tried uninstalling my modes but then it won't load. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to start over and I like WotOR mod.

Edit: Oh, I also have Bastilla clothes for female PC Mod by Rehawk. I have it modified so I can were bastilla's good and evil robes. I uninstalled all modes except WotOR and it still wouldn't let Bastilla wake up, that is why I wondered if the problem was with the wotor mod. Anyways any help would be greatly appreciatted.
Thanks,
Billium
 lactose_
05-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Hello everyone,
I am having a problem on the leviathan, I have WotOR 1.1 insalled and Good and Evil Bastilla's robes. When Malak confornts bastilla, Carth and I, He uses Stasis on Carth and Bastilla while we fight. the problem is after he runs and hides behind the blast doors Carth and Bastilla never wake up. I tried uninstalling my modes but then it won't load. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to start over and I like WotOR mod.
Erm,you have to fight Malak twice before your party members become unstuck. Go look for him again via the only unlocked blast door - try all of them until you find it.
 Shem
05-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone,
I am having a problem on the leviathan, I have WotOR 1.1 insalled and Good and Evil Bastilla's robes. When Malak confornts bastilla, Carth and I, He uses Stasis on Carth and Bastilla while we fight. the problem is after he runs and hides behind the blast doors Carth and Bastilla never wake up. I tried uninstalling my modes but then it won't load. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to start over and I like WotOR mod.Sounds like you're playing the game for the first time ever. What happened is normal.
 billium
05-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Sounds like you're playing the game for the first time ever. What happened is normal.
Sorry, I'm an idiot, It has been a couple years since I played it and I didn't remember it happening like that.
Thanks

Edit: Don't read this if you have never played the game, It will spoil a scene.

I actually found a real problem this time. I decided to play the planets in a different order this time. I went to Kashyyyk after tatooine and Manaan. The cut scene begins to play in the shadowlands starting my confrontation with darth bandon. Except bandon isn't in it, and then it gives an end program error. after lot's of messing around I found the problem. It is in the kas_bandon.utc line of WotOR 1.1 Mod. I don't know how to fix it, but if I take that one line out of override, the scene plays fine. The problem is without that utc file I don't seem to get bandon's sabers and crystals. Is there a cheat for them?
Thanks
 ChAiNz.2da
05-10-2007, 1:04 PM
Don't read this if you have never played the game, It will spoil a scene.

I actually found a real problem this time. I decided to play the planets in a different order this time. I went to Kashyyyk after tatooine and Manaan. The cut scene begins to play in the shadowlands starting my confrontation with darth bandon. Except bandon isn't in it, and then it gives an end program error. after lot's of messing around I found the problem. It is in the kas_bandon.utc line of WotOR 1.1 Mod. I don't know how to fix it, but if I take that one line out of override, the scene plays fine. The problem is without that utc file I don't seem to get bandon's sabers and crystals. Is there a cheat for them?
Thanks

Post #140 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252045&postcount=140) explains the problem

Post #142 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252272&postcount=142) includes a patch by T7 :)

I noticed this updates the version to 1.03, but the original post still contains the bug fixes for version 1.02. I'll fix that here shortly.

EDIT: fixed :)
 Saber-Scorpion
05-21-2007, 3:39 PM
not any bad meant about the mod bur bandon doesn't attack me on kashyyk
 DarkAngelPE
06-08-2007, 6:41 PM
Nice MOD..... Been testing it,
 Drizzt312
06-14-2007, 4:48 PM
This needs to be made for TSL!

Love the mod! WOOT!
 jedi7000nathan
06-14-2007, 8:23 PM
there is already mod like this for tsl the ultimate saber mod
 Kataki123
06-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Im having a problem with Darth Bandon, and while Im not 100% sure its yoru mod causing it I thought I'd ask.

At first I was having the same problem as other with the game crashing as soon as I loaded the shadowlands and was supposed to fight Darth bandon but after downloading the update I no longer have that problem. Instead Darth Bandon wont talk to me or fight me. At first I thought this had something to do with one of the dialogue mods I am using (Freven and Dialog pack 2.0) but neither one of them modify bandon.

I have tried this both with and without my companions (thought maybe the new crew dialog was maybe causing the problem).

Also I have a file in my C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR called "AR_ERROR.LOG". I was hoping it would give me some info about Darth Bandon but it says "Names Differ: w_HvyBlstr_200 w_hvyblstr_201" so I figure that also has something to do with your mod, but I dont know what and I haven't notice any problems in game.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Here is a list of the mods Im using
Project Bastilia
Freven untold love story
dialog pack 2.0 (with the Exar Kun dialog fix)
wotor 1.1 with updates
mandalorian armor (lets you buy the real mandalorian armor and give cand he own armor)
Redhawk's Mission Jedi mod
Exar Kun mod (The one that allows you to go to Yavin IV and is pretty well done)
Light Saber forms mod.
Red Hawk's Construction bench mod.

EDIT2:
I am certain it is somethign to do with WOTOR. After looking through each of my mods I found that WoToR is the only mod that I have that installs the file "kas_bandon.utc", which is the file that is causing the problems. I have tried removing each of the files that modify bandon (well have references to ban or bandon in thier file name :P ) one by one until bandon reacted to me in game. After removing Kas_Bandon.utc my game works again.

Am I the only one thats had this problem?
 Master Michael
06-17-2007, 7:14 PM
Check post #189 of this thread. It's on page 5. It is about that file.
 Kataki123
06-17-2007, 7:42 PM
I saw that, but I thought that was fixed by the 1.02 to 1.03 patch.
 Titanius Anglesmith
06-18-2007, 9:52 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem. I was able to download this just fine, but when I run the installer, I pick to install the files into the Override folder, but it gives me this message -

"An error occurred! Invalid game folder specified, dialog.tlk file not found! Make sure you have selected the correct folder. (GEN-7)"

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to anything other than "extract these files into the Override/Module directory", so some things take more explaining for me.
 RedHawke
06-19-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm having a bit of a problem. I was able to download this just fine, but when I run the installer, I pick to install the files into the Override folder, but it gives me this message -
Because you don't install to the override folder... you install to the game folder itself.

Yet another time someone is likely guilty of not reading the readme file (If T7 didn't put those instructions in his readme then I apologise.) ;)
 Titanius Anglesmith
06-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Because you don't install to the override folder... you install to the game folder itself.

Yet another time someone is likely guilty of not reading the readme file (If T7 didn't put those instructions in his readme then I apologise.) ;)
Oh crap. Yes, he did put in those instructions. The thing is, I actually did read the Readme, but I somehow missed that part. :lol:

Thanks anyway! It installed just fine. Now it's time to go make sure everything is working ok. :D
 Ahabed
06-29-2007, 4:36 AM
Hey, fantastic mod so far - just installed it today! Is Carth supposed to start off with only one of his personal guns? If he is, what is the code to get another one in game, please?
 T7nowhere
06-29-2007, 2:23 PM
Yes, Carth is supposed to start with only one blaster, the reason for this is because thats all he's supposed to have. He really doesn't need two of them as you will find serveral other blasters for him to use on Taris.

But if you really need for him to have two of the same blaster you can use the cheat

giveitem g_w_blstrpstl010
 Ahabed
06-30-2007, 7:45 PM
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, so forgive me if it's an obvious solution:
I'm not able to loot Calo Nord's remains when trying to steal the Ebon Hawk; he's covered by the ceiling ruins from the Sith's bombardment - is this normal?

Thanks for the help in advance
 L0rdReV@n88
06-30-2007, 8:56 PM
you can get him later when he attacks you on another planet
(is this your first time playing through the game?)
 uzibear
07-01-2007, 7:01 PM
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, so forgive me if it's an obvious solution:
I'm not able to loot Calo Nord's remains when trying to steal the Ebon Hawk; he's covered by the ceiling ruins from the Sith's bombardment - is this normal?

Thanks for the help in advance

YES THAT'S NORMAL, don't read the spoiler above

Edit: btw: the best part of this mod is that you didn't overpower items; there are so many great mods that i choose not to use because they make the game easier; there are still some overpowered items though, and thus i reluctantly sell them off, like jolie's lightsaber.........it's a shame, can you just make things standard damage values? or even a little less than normal? i play through on difficult with the talchia hardcore mod, and no other mods that make things easier, just this one, a few sound mods etc.

peace

GRIPE: why do modders insist on making things easier!!!! harummmph
 L0rdReV@n88
07-02-2007, 1:18 AM
i may have found a glitch during a darkside run through kasyyyhk i found the baccas blade and let zalbaars father go up and confront chuunder but i then sided with chuunder and had to loot freyyr and i find the original baccas blade not the new model. and then later it unexpectedly quits after carth leaves on the unknown planet but that might be another mod conflict.
edit: i seemed to have solved it
 Master Kai
07-19-2007, 1:24 AM
Finally, Carlo's blasters!, AWESOME!
 DarthJacen
08-08-2007, 3:19 PM
I would like to know if you are planning on making a similar mod for the sequel TSL? I am very tired of the generic rifles and pistols that Obsidian just imported from the original game. I loved the way you reskinned the generic pistol, rifle, and heavy repeater in the original game. I keep trying to see if I can find those particular files and import them to TSL, but that has not been easy. Would you please help me in my dilemma? Thank you.
 T7nowhere
08-08-2007, 8:56 PM
I am not planing on making a similar mod for TSL. You may port the models over for your own enjoyment, I know of a few members that have notified me they had done this.

If you would like to learn how to do decompile the models and port them from one game to the other. You can use this resources to help you to accomplish the task.

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595)
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/info/Tutorials#Modelling)
 mcdaniel
09-17-2007, 12:07 PM
At Kashyyyk the game freeze. I had to remove the kas and kor_bandon.utc to get the game to continue..
At the Star Forge System, take-off to Star Forge, the screen turn black, nothing happend.
When remove p_bastila002.utc, the game worked..
Just a tip..

McDaniel
 Shem
09-17-2007, 12:11 PM
At Kashyyyk the game freeze. I had to remove the kas and kor_bandon.utc to get the game to continue..
At the Star Forge System, take-off to Star Forge, the screen turn black, nothing happend.
When remove p_bastila002.utc, the game worked..
Just a tip..

McDanielThese issues have already been addressed and resolved. If you had took the time to read the posts in this thread or the review I wrote on this mod on FileFront, you would have downloaded the patches and removed the p_bastila001.utc, and p_bastila002.utc files before it caused your a problem. Just a tip. ;)
 RoyalBlue
09-17-2007, 3:18 PM
While we're at it, when I go to kashyyyk to fight bandon, he won't attack me, and if I go over to him and click, nothing happens.
 Shem
09-17-2007, 4:50 PM
While we're at it, when I go to kashyyyk to fight bandon, he won't attack me, and if I go over to him and click, nothing happens.That's because the tag is set wrong on the Kashyyyk Bandon UTC file. It set for Korriban instead of Kashyyyk. It's a simple change you can make with the KOTOR Tool.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5783/untitled1copyok3.jpg)

It needs to look like this.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1736/untitled2copyoe3.jpg)
 Mono_Giganto
09-18-2007, 9:29 PM
I'm pretty late to this party by many months... but cool to see you released it. I almost forgot about that model, to be completely honest. :xp:
 kingoftheabyss
10-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi, I changed the kas_Bandon file to kas_bandon in the tag like Shem showed, yet he still does not do anything. I have both patches for this mod installed. The only thing i can think of is that I accidently saved over my save of right before i go down to the shadowlands for the first time.....So, I have a autosave of the second time i went down and a save of me standing near Bandon...Is it at all possible now to be able to fight him. And if not, can I still continue on with the game correctly?
 T7nowhere
10-16-2007, 2:06 PM
You will need to use a save game from before entering the shadowlands for the first time.
 kingoftheabyss
10-16-2007, 5:21 PM
Unfortunatly I don't have one. Hmm, well i'm just hoping i'll be able to continue on with the game without fighting him. Is it at all possible to switch him from appearing in Kashyyk to Manaan?

well, I suppose I've learned my lesson to save more often on different files.
 Zgred_2
10-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Hey, can I ask a quick question? What is the skin you used for Juhani in the screenshot on FileFront? It looks really great.
 T7nowhere
10-29-2007, 9:19 PM
^ I don't know. Ask Shem I think it was his own reskin.
 Lopaka79
10-30-2007, 10:50 PM
I got bug. Its happens when I leave the Unknown planet to head towards the starforge. I guess theres a file thats making something else happen. It loads in blank screen untill i guess where my powers are and activate one. It then shows partial ebonhawk with DS bastila, Carth, and a holo of master vendar(the yoda guy). I dont have anyother mods exept this one + patches.

I dont speak much computer execpt "wheres my hammer?!!" so any help drawn in crayola would be awesome. Thanx in advance

EDIT: I also can't go any further with the game
 Shem
10-31-2007, 4:32 PM
I got bug. Its happens when I leave the Unknown planet to head towards the starforge. I guess theres a file thats making something else happen. It loads in blank screen untill i guess where my powers are and activate one. It then shows partial ebonhawk with DS bastila, Carth, and a holo of master vendar(the yoda guy). I dont have anyother mods exept this one + patches.

I dont speak much computer execpt "wheres my hammer?!!" so any help drawn in crayola would be awesome. Thanx in advance

EDIT: I also can't go any further with the gameDid you remove the p_bastilla001.utc and the p_bastilla002.utc files? I wrote a note to do that in the review.
 Lopaka79
10-31-2007, 6:40 PM
Did you remove the p_bastilla001.utc and the p_bastilla002.utc files? I wrote a note to do that in the review.

No I haven't. I just read up on a couple replies towards the Bastilla bug and that sith lord bug(i forget his name) thought that the patches fixed them. Hope it works out though. Thanx much for the help
Page: 5 of 5