Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Super Skip Taris mod release. 100% working!

Page: 1 of 2
 Lit Ridl
09-04-2006, 10:27 AM
About mod:
This mod will modify Trask’s dialog giving it some extra dialog options.
There are 3 additional options (Skip Endar Spire, LS skip Taris, DS skip Taris.)
Reason why it is called super:
• It has both LS and DS skip Taris options
• No need in replacing something
• All items from standard game-play will be given to you
• It will add all party members that you get on Taris to your party (Carth, Bastila, Mission, etc)
• It sets all globals and Booleans to the right LS/DS value, that prevents your game from the doom
• It gives you alignment/experience points and credits, the same amount with the standard game-play

Special thanks to:
Lit Ridl - for the whole mod
Yaggles - for mod idea
STOFFE - for TSLpatcher
Darth HaHa - he forced me to do it, why? I don't know :)

Here is the link!!! (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18918.html)

p.s.: Sorry Moderators, I know that this mod is very minor, but I wanted to release it here, sorry.
 goldberry
09-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Very nice. There are a few skip-mods, but from a quick glance, this seems to be the best for K1.
 darthcarth
09-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Awsome i have been wanting a modlike this for along time can wait to try it.
 foolproof
09-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Awsome work LitRidl ! This should keep Taris-haters quiet.
Great mod man, how long did it take you to play trough Taris to set the globals and booleans to the right LS/DS value? I'm guessing a looong time. Cool mod .
 Lit Ridl
09-04-2006, 12:52 PM
No, that took only 2 days - 1 for DS, one for LS.
And 2-4 hours to do all other work, items were the most difficult.
 Dirtnose
09-04-2006, 2:16 PM
Yes!!! Ty so much Lit!!!!
 Kainzorus Prime
09-04-2006, 2:32 PM
Good, work. A working skipable Taris was very anticipated.
 Lit Ridl
09-05-2006, 6:21 AM
Hey, are there any bugs???
 Dirtnose
09-05-2006, 8:19 AM
nope none at all, just tested it works great, Well done! :D
 lord ignarn
09-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Good, good man!! Now I wonґt have t spend hours messing with KSE until getting a decent Dantooine gameplay. Lots of thanks :)
 ChAiNz.2da
09-05-2006, 10:31 AM
p.s.: Sorry Moderators, I know that this mod is very minor, but I wanted to release it here, sorry.
You don't have to ever be sorry for releasing mods here.. we're all hungry for them :D

And though you might call this one 'minor'.. I'll think you'll find this to be one of the hottest requested type mods for ages... you've filled a big niche with this one, and so far everyone seems to be enjoying it. :thumbsup:

I haven't used it yet, so I can't give proper feedback.. but I have no doubt this will be a keeper in my collection. Especially when I do another K1 run :)
 Mav
09-05-2006, 1:22 PM
props on the mod:thumbsup:, but am I the only one who actually liked Taris?
 foolproof
09-05-2006, 3:15 PM
I liked Taris... specifically the dueling part, bounty hunting (also seeing calo nord whoop ass), the vulcar/beck bases, and the sith base. Err, thats pretty much most of taris, so you can say i liked it in general. The only part I really hated was the taris sewers, since i never really liked zalabar it felt dull wasting so much time to get him. Guess its because i like using blasters more than lightsabers, so i didnt care if im a jedi.
 Arбtoeldar
09-05-2006, 11:19 PM
props on the mod:thumbsup:, but am I the only one who actually liked Taris?

I hated saving my levels for Dantooine but I did enjoy the story of Taris. The Roleplay Padawan mod takes care of this for me. I will try this mod out just to see what it is like.
 Lit Ridl
09-05-2006, 11:39 PM
I LOVE doing Taris too!
I just wanted to do this request!
And calm down Taris haters!
 Kha
09-06-2006, 5:59 AM
Congratulations! I'm downloading it for sure, I love Taris too but it is good to have your mod in hand just in case. ;)
 SithAnnihilator
09-06-2006, 6:20 AM
Taris definitely was pretty involved, but there was plenty of comedy to be had. Though I normally like playing through the entire game, it's nice to have the option to skip ahead abit (especially when testing new mods...anxiety can be murderous). Nice mod!
 darth_dub
09-07-2006, 7:53 PM
many thanks for this mod it rocks,you rocks.
 brewed4you
09-08-2006, 1:08 AM
I'm very happy you made this mod. I've been playing K1 like crazy recently, trying new classes and the like. The only problem is Taris started to get really old, really fast. Thanks to you I hopefully won't have that problem anymore.

Just one question though. How do I get this to work on xbox? I tried dumping the files in the override folder (which I didn't really expect to work), and Trask's dialog just became invisible, but still no skipping options.
 Shem
09-08-2006, 2:46 AM
props on the mod:thumbsup:, but am I the only one who actually liked Taris?No you're not the only one. I love Taris too. That is a reason why I would never use this mod, but I do have give congrats to Lit Ridl for the superior job. Well done! :D
 Addlcove
09-08-2006, 6:06 AM
I like the skipping endor spire part, but I too prefer to play through Taris, I like being evil to the people there, they all gonna die anyways
 Lit Ridl
09-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Just one question though. How do I get this to work on xbox? I tried dumping the files in the override folder (which I didn't really expect to work), and Trask's dialog just became invisible, but still no skipping options.
I don't know, and would be happy to know it too.
 Fiestainabox
09-16-2006, 9:38 PM
Though I am one of the Taris Lovers, I must say

"Respect +"
-Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas

I never thought anybody would actually do this mod. Great Job!
 Agent Xim
09-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Finally had a chance to check out your mod and it came in handy already. I'm a huge Taris fan (always loved it... that's right I admit it ;) ), however, my son just hates it for some reason... well done Lit Ridl
 Lit Ridl
10-07-2006, 8:48 AM
Sounds stupid.
But pcgamemods is down again :(
May someone who has my mods (Skip Taris, warp band, multi-powers, etc...) PM me?
I don't have on my computer mods that were released on pcgamemods, that is funny, I know so please PM or e-mail me if you have any of my mods.
 SDSnyper
10-16-2006, 2:51 PM
anyone have a link that Isent on pcgamemods? its down and been down for weeks.
 stinkymonz
10-29-2006, 11:23 AM
I desire this mod as well. I tried navigating your Russian site, and I found the K1 page but didn't find it there. PCGM is down, so... help please?
 Lit Ridl
10-29-2006, 12:08 PM
I desire this mod as well. I tried navigating your Russian site, and I found the K1 page but didn't find it there. PCGM is down, so... help please?
Ohm If you are interested my Hi-quality Russian web-site is here (http://kotorforums.ucoz.ru).
There are a lot of interesting features, but no this mod.
As I said, I'v lost it on my own too:(
And probably if someone has it, may you upload somewhere and give us link???
 Shem
10-29-2006, 2:21 PM
Maybe someone could figure out how to get the download link doing a backdoor on PCGM.
 Agent Xim
10-29-2006, 3:40 PM
And probably if someone has it, may you upload somewhere and give us link???

Link:
http://agentxim.thewebzoo.com/litridl/super_skip_taris.zip)
(this will only be there for a short while)
 Lit Ridl
10-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Link:
http://agentxim.thewebzoo.com/litridl/super_skip_taris.zip)
(this will only be there for a short while)
Oh, Thank you, Agent Xim!!!
I'll reupload it on my host.

Here is the link. (http://kotorforums.ucoz.ru/load/3-1-0-23)
 Shem
10-30-2006, 2:24 AM
 Lit Ridl
10-30-2006, 11:17 PM
This mod is now availible at FileFront. :D

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Super_Skip_Taris;71749)
Thank you Shem!
 azlz
11-08-2006, 6:08 PM
Very nice.

Finally I can skip out against playing against Nikola in Pazaak. I swear, he's the hardest Pazaak player in the game...always has exactly the right cards.
 Shem
11-11-2006, 8:23 AM
The updated mod has been uploaded to FileFront.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Super_Skip_Taris;72303)
 Lit Ridl
11-11-2006, 11:34 AM
The updated mod has been uploaded to FileFront.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Super_Skip_Taris;72303)
Thank you SHEM! You're kind of very-very good person :D
 Yaggles
11-12-2006, 1:46 AM
Yay thanks for doing this mod! I'm glad that you saw my idea in my topic and acted upon it! :D Too bad there's no reputation thing on these forums or I would add to yours! :)

-Yaggles
 Drake1132
11-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I REALLY want to get this mod to work, but for some reason I can't :(. I downloaded from the FileFront link (the updated version), extracted to my override folder (using PowerArchiver 2004 -- has never caused me problems), ran the included *.exe which put a bunch of files into the override folder as well, then deleted the extracted files (including the Source and TLSPatchData folders and their contents), but left the ones that had been installed by the executable in place.

When I run the game and choose New Game, I go through the character creation, then start on Endar Spire and meet up with Trask. He gives the new dialog options, but when I click on "LS Skip Taris" I get a message saying "items received", and then nothing happens. If I try to run through the Endar Spire mission, it works as though nothing has changed at all. When I go to the footlocker and get my normal starting equipment, and then look at my inventory, I have nothing except the starting equipment. So it seems that even though I get that first "items received" message, I don't actually receive any items. I'm trying this as a Female Scout character (I haven't tried any others yet, but since this is supposed to be working 100% and have no bugs, I assume this shouldn't matter).

Can someone please help me get this to work right. Am I messing up the installation? Is there something wrong with my system configuration? Does anyone else have problems getting this to work? I'm running Windows XP Home (English if that matters) on a custom built system (a little bit old now) with an AMD Atholon 64 3700+ running at 2.4Ghz, I have 2GB of RAM, a GeForce 6600 gfx card. I assume that since no one else has complained on this thread about not being able to get it to work, that in fact it does work and my problems with it are an issue of something that I'm doing wrong.

Hope someone can help. In the meantime I'm going to try and extract to a different folder and install again (I'm assuming it will find and install to the override folder on it's own, though I could be wrong, we'll see).

Thanks,
Drake
 Drake1132
11-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Well, that didn't work either. So I downloaded and installed the old version. That one works. Not sure what's wrong with the updated one, but I'm not going to worry about it for now.

Drake
 Lit Ridl
11-20-2006, 6:55 AM
Hmm...
Shem, may you please remove "updated" version from the FileFront, please???
Because as I see it cause to someone problems and to someone it does not.
Released mod should cause no problems to noone.
 Shem
11-20-2006, 4:07 PM
Hmm...
Shem, may you please remove "updated" version from the FileFront, please???
Because as I see it cause to someone problems and to someone it does not.
Released mod should cause no problems to noone.I just tested out the updated Skip Taris mod and it does give the same problem as everybody else is complaining about and I did it with a clean override folder. So I did as you requested and removed the updated version and gave you the details in an email I just sent. :D
 Lit Ridl
11-20-2006, 11:30 PM
I just tested out the updated Skip Taris mod and it does give the same problem as everybody else is complaining about and I did it with a clean override folder. So I did as you requested and removed the updated version and gave you the details in an email I just sent. :D
Ok, thanks a lot!
In future I'll get my mods teted before uploading :D
 Umit
11-28-2006, 9:20 AM
hi everyone...
With tihs mod my character is invunerable. He doesn't want to die :)
Have you the same problem? how can i resolve it?
Thanks.

P.S.sorry for my english...I'm italian
 Lit Ridl
11-28-2006, 9:28 AM
I'm too busy now to fix this.
Use KSE and set your MinOneHP to 0
 APhantasm
12-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I really wanted to get this mod. I hate having to redo Endar Spire and Taris over and over. But now for a few days pcgamemods has returned a dbase error, therefor I am unable to download it. You have anywhere else you can host it as I would really love to get this mod.

APhantasm
 Lit Ridl
12-11-2006, 12:54 PM
 APhantasm
12-11-2006, 3:04 PM
Thanks

APhantasm
 eli_tolu
12-14-2006, 10:08 PM
What doe LS a DS mean?
 Lit Ridl
12-14-2006, 10:42 PM
LS - Light Side
DS - Dark Side
 TLM20
02-16-2007, 6:41 AM
Can't open extra dialogue options with Carth or Bastila after skipping Taris?
Page: 1 of 2