Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mandalorians?

Page: 1 of 1
 gswift
08-21-2006, 3:07 PM
Mandalorian wariors are where Boba and Jango got thier armor/jetpack suit, just in case anyone isn't familliar.

On one of the FoC screen shots, it can be seen that the planet Mandalore has been added to the GC map. Additionally, that screen shot shows the Boba Fette hero unit in orbit above one of the planets (he's on the Corrupt side in stead of Empire, apparently). The interresting part is that this screen shot ALSO shows a non-hero mandalorian warrior in the unit stack on the surface of the planet.

From the looks of things, the corrupt side have received some very interresting combat troops indeed. Those units would make a nifty counter to the flying variant of the dark troopers that the empire will be getting in the expansion.

Here's a link to the picture, courtesy of IGN: http://media.pc.ign.com/media/827/827314/img_3596833.html)
 Admiral Sith
08-21-2006, 7:21 PM
They've already stated that the Boba Feet icons were just placeholders because they didnt have/didnt want to show the right icons.
 gswift
08-21-2006, 9:16 PM
Oh, too bad. I got all excited for nothing. I guess I missed that news flash. lol.

Thanks for the info Admiral Sith.

Well, I know there's units they still have not announced, so there's still hope. The corrupt and rebel side will need something to counter the dark troopers... I'm dying to find out what this expansion actually looks like. They must have it down to ballance and bug fix by now, so the petro guys are probably playing it every day. lol
 Valter
08-21-2006, 11:06 PM
One of them is NOT a placeholder because in the hero unit portraits (top right hand corner) Silri and Boba Fett are easily visible. I could be wrong but I think this indicates that Boba Fett is for the Corrupt faction.
 ImpElite
08-22-2006, 9:32 AM
One of them is NOT a placeholder because in the hero unit portraits (top right hand corner) Silri and Boba Fett are easily visible. I could be wrong but I think this indicates that Boba Fett is for the Corrupt faction.

No offense but you've just found that out?
 Darth Andrew
08-22-2006, 1:28 PM
There is still no official news (as far as I know) whether Fett is for the Empire or not. :)
 PoiuyWired
08-22-2006, 1:44 PM
Well, actually it won't be change if Boba works for more than one fraction.

He is a Bounty Hunter for hire, arbit with quite a say in what he will and will not do.
 Valter
08-22-2006, 2:02 PM
No offense but you've just found that out?

None taken.

By the way I was talking to admiral sith because he said they were both placeholders and I was explaining that only one was a placeholder.

What exactly did I "just found out"?
 ImpElite
08-22-2006, 8:28 PM
I was talking about you "just finding out" that Boba was for the corrupt faction lol, sorry for the misunderstanding. :)
 Valter
08-22-2006, 11:05 PM
I was talking about you "just finding out" that Boba was for the corrupt faction lol, sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

No problem.
 Admiral Sith
08-24-2006, 9:39 PM
It could be a placeholder for a hero........
 Darth_Torpid-PG
08-25-2006, 5:24 PM
Boba Fett will remain on the Empire's side; the Underworld (now re-named the Zann Consortium) will have its own Bounty Hunter heroes. Mandalorians will be in the game as an indigenous unit.
 HerbieZ
08-25-2006, 7:21 PM
good times. Thats excellent, im presuming they will have similar armour to boba or maybe something a tad new in the pipeline, either way im excited my friend.
 Foshjedi2004
08-26-2006, 6:05 PM
Zann Consortium Eh....

Is that like the Q Continuum? ;)
 Valter
08-27-2006, 1:48 AM
Boba Fett will remain on the Empire's side; the Underworld (now re-named the Zann Consortium) will have its own Bounty Hunter heroes. Mandalorians will be in the game as an indigenous unit.

So Boba is still for the Empire? Heh, now I feel foolish.
 ImpElite
08-27-2006, 8:38 AM
:) So Boba is still for the Empire? Heh, now I feel foolish.

Me too, they really need to stop playing tricks on the fans in the preveiws
 Darth Anarch
08-28-2006, 10:00 AM
I think the fact that Boba was used as a placeholder has been mention around seventeen times on this board, in various threads.
 Valter
08-28-2006, 2:19 PM
Speaking of bounty hunters we still have not heard much about Bossk yet. I wonder what abilities he will have.
 Kenno
08-28-2006, 2:29 PM
I think he is on the Corrupt side because He was only hired by the empire to get solo. Doesnt mean he took sides with them
 lukeiamyourdad
08-28-2006, 9:41 PM
As can be seen in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169808), the Zann Consortium will have access to mandalorian weaponry.
 Valter
08-28-2006, 11:28 PM
I think he is on the Corrupt side because He was only hired by the empire to get solo. Doesnt mean he took sides with them

Actually in the Star Wars novels Boba Fett was nicknamed "Vaders' bounty hunter" because Vader hired him on many occasions. No doubt because his is reliable.
Page: 1 of 1