Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shadow Force: Praesitlyn Campaign

Page: 1 of 5
 Niner_777
05-22-2006, 5:13 PM
Here’s the first scenario:
Shadow Force has been tasked with landing in the barren deserts of Praesitlyn in order to infiltrate a CIS laboratory that is developing a poisonous gas, intended to kill clones. (Sound familiar?) The drop ship is on its way to the drop-off point. Shadow Force waits inside, coming up with a plan from what little intel they have.

This is the first objective:
Travel through desert canyons and valleys to get to the city wall. Once there, blow through the barrier into the town. Secure the area and wait for the signal to continue.

Here’s the topography:
The Drop-off point (DOP) is located in a small dip in the ground. One canyon leads from the DOP to a large valley (LV). There is a command post in the middle of the LV. It is called the LVCP. One canyon leads away from the target barrier (TB). Two canyons lead towards it. There are many small canyons and caves that were unable to be verified by long-range reconnaissance. After the two main canyons leading to the TB there is another Large Valley (TBLV). This is where the TB is located.

Here’s the resistance:
There are major fortifications in the LVCP. Turrets cover LVCP. Random turrets cover major canyons. Major droid fortifications are around the TB and are scattered among the TBLV. Droid patrols cover general battlefield. Trandosians are scattered among the small canyons and caves in ambush positions. Droid sniper units are placed on random mesas.

(If you did not completely understand this, just play along and make stuff up. It doesn’t really matter; the basic idea is that we’re fighting in desert canyons.)

Here are our resources:
1.Any weapons you have chosen to bring along
2.Any standard commando gear, such as med packs and grappling hooks
3.Each squad has one E-Web Repeating Blaster Turret
4.Air support is limited to one gunship
Adaptations can be made.

This is where we come up with a plan using the description of the battlefield. Post what you think would be the best way to go about getting to the TB. Then we’ll come up with a final draft and execute it. (If you want to just get to the action we can just land on the planet and go with the flow.)

If anybody wishes to join checkout "Shadow Force: Recruiting" at http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164661). If anybody wishes to join the CIS or Trandosians, go ahead. Just give us basic information like name, faction, and weapons. Whatever you want. You can also sign up at the website above.

Another note: This is also pretty much a copy of the RPG that I made in the BF section. Unfortunatly, that place is just about "dead" so I thought that I'd move it to this section. Is that okay? Anyway, nobody has signed up yet in the recruitment thread, so if this is just a bad idea feel free to tell me. I'll understand. I don't have much RPing experience yet.
“Any suggestions?” Niner asked Shadow Force. “It’s not impossible, not for Shadow Force at least."
 Niner_777
05-28-2006, 1:18 PM
Niner looked out the opening in the side of the LAAT/I Gunship. He could see the target barrier and the valleys in which they would travel through. Niner pulled out his holomap and matched up the landforms. The LVCP looked uninhabited from his point in the gunship, but Niner knew better. Once they were spotted the whole canyon system would be crawling with droids. He then looked over at his squad expectantly.
 Jason Skywalker
05-28-2006, 1:37 PM
"Sir,what is the plan?" asked Raven.
 Diego Varen
05-28-2006, 1:43 PM
"Raven, I bet, Niner is going to say, go in and shoot the Droids down, then leave." Red-5 told Raven sarcastically.
 Jason Skywalker
05-28-2006, 1:56 PM
"You know Red-5,like a trap of sorts is what i was talking about."said Raven.
 Diego Varen
05-28-2006, 1:57 PM
"Right..." Red-5 muttered.
 Niner_777
05-28-2006, 2:13 PM
"Well, I was thinking something along the lines of go in, shoot the droids, and leave," Niner joked. "Of course we still have to destroy the target barrier."
 Diego Varen
05-28-2006, 2:27 PM
"I told you I was right." Red-5 told Raven.
 Jason Skywalker
05-28-2006, 2:32 PM
"Ha,Niner was just joking.But it is a good plan,we just need better planning." said Raven to Red-5.
 Diego Varen
05-28-2006, 2:33 PM
"Damn it!" Red-5 shouted out loud.
 Niner_777
05-28-2006, 2:50 PM
"Let's scale the canyon walls until we get to the LV. We'll set up snipers where we can and the rest of us will dodge our way to the LVCP. We'll provide cover for our snipers to cross and then somehow breach the facility. Once we get that far, we can secure the LVCP and use a turret or two to cover for the the rest of us who'll head to the TBLV. We can rendezvous with the one or two people who man the turrets at the top of the canyon around the TBLV. From there, we'll fight our way to the top of the target barrier, drop down, set the charge, stand back and watch the fireworks," Niner suggested. "Something like that?"
 Jason Skywalker
05-28-2006, 4:41 PM
"Yeah sure,anything's cool Alpha." answered Raven.
 Master Jimmy
05-28-2006, 4:45 PM
"I can cover you" said Hunter
 Diego Varen
05-28-2006, 4:46 PM
"Yeah me too." Red-5 added.
 Master Jimmy
05-29-2006, 1:05 AM
(if I've posted the exact same thing before, I'm sorry)

"get out of my head... come on please... DAMN IT GET THE HELL OUT!!!" Hunter said to himself. "Oh no! Droids!" bzz bzz "no problem" said Hunter after he picked off the droids
 steven
05-29-2006, 3:19 PM
"This is Advisor Zarlak, come in RC-1270. What is your situation?" Said a voice through the com.

-------

Darth Caos entered a medium size controll center inside the sepertists research base. There was plenty of controll panels and behind each, there was a tech droid. On the obversation platform a rather large trandosians.
"Status!?" Requested Caos
"We have intruders. They have been confronted by droids but the intruders are killing them faster than podracers in the grand final. Why do the CIS give us those perfectic mechs when they have mercs like us?" Reported the large trandosian commander.
"Because they're idiots. Now remenber, I don't want any merc leaving this building. Is that clear?"
"Yes sir. Those stupid clones wouldn't get there hands on the gas." said the commander proudly.
"I don't care about the god damm gas. Just make sure those fools don't even hear the name Project 212. Or else you shall suffer the worst pain any trandosian can ever recieve!"
 Master Jimmy
05-29-2006, 9:30 PM
"Alpha Squad: I could try and make my way into the facility from the backside, is that alright with you commander?" asked Hunter as he was picking off droids one by one.
 Niner_777
05-30-2006, 4:36 PM
"If it makes sense with the Advisor, then sure," Niner said, jumping off the gunship and running behind a rock for cover. "Hey Advisor, we've just touched down. There are a few hostiles in the area. We've got it under control."

(Revanscool, are you talking about the LVCP? The command post located in the center of the valley up ahead?)
 steven
05-30-2006, 5:11 PM
"We have you on satelight imagary but that wouldn't last long. The factories have began releasing alot of smoke and will soon cover the LV. We're sending an area map to you via com. We have report of a small trandosian outpost in the caves. Find it and capture the computer terminal. We believe it to have codes that will give us easy acesse to the main facillity. That is your current order"
 Niner_777
05-30-2006, 5:28 PM
"Roger that, Advisor. Alpha Squad, form up," Niner commanded. "We've got to find that Trando cave and capture the computer terminal." Niner peered out over the rock. One last droid walked out from behind a rock. Niner shot it with his DC-17. "Ready?"
 Jason Skywalker
05-30-2006, 6:26 PM
"Ready as a clone could be!" said Raven.
 Diego Varen
05-30-2006, 6:28 PM
"I'll agree with that." Red-5 added getting his Blaster Rifle out.
 Master Jimmy
05-30-2006, 7:16 PM
"You're damn right I'm ready" added Hunter getting his pistol.
 Jason Skywalker
05-31-2006, 7:31 AM
"Bring it on!" said Raven getting out his Shotgun.
 Niner_777
05-31-2006, 5:35 PM
Niner laughed. "Let's go." Niner crept out from behind another rock and began to walk down the canyon path.
 Jason Skywalker
05-31-2006, 6:06 PM
Raven looked at the rocks,cleverly watching for droids,aiming his shotgun.
 Master Jimmy
05-31-2006, 6:27 PM
Hunter started scanning the area for anything that could be hostile.
 Niner_777
05-31-2006, 7:37 PM
Niner heard a noise and brought his weapon into firing position. He stared down the scope, as a rock slipped down from the canyon wall above. He dove out of the way. Where he stood a moment before was a scorch mark, ten centimeters in diameter. "Droid snipers," Niner informed the his squad.
 Master Jimmy
05-31-2006, 8:15 PM
"On 'em" told Hunter
 Jason Skywalker
06-01-2006, 4:13 AM
"Oh,that's good.Droid snipers." said Raven sarcastically.
 Diego Varen
06-01-2006, 4:54 AM
"Easy targets," Red-5 commented, "Droids are so inaccurate."
 Niner_777
06-01-2006, 4:33 PM
Niner squeezed the trigger on his DC-17. The plasma shot the droid directly in its shinny metallic head. It sparked before falling towards Alpha Squad
 Master Jimmy
06-01-2006, 8:54 PM
"Good shot man" congratulated Hunter as he picked off one
 Jason Skywalker
06-02-2006, 5:35 AM
Raven aimed a little for a droid hiding behind a rock.

"Clever,but not enough clever for me." said Raven as he shot the rock,perfuring it and shotting the droid's head.
 steven
06-02-2006, 6:06 AM
"Don't get cocky Black-8. Shadow force beware, a large patch of new probe droids have been released from the base. They're using the smoke produced by the factory for cover and have been programed and desgned for killing clones like yourself!" Reported the Advisor.
 Jason Skywalker
06-02-2006, 6:28 AM
"Alright Advisor." said Raven.
 Niner_777
06-02-2006, 5:38 PM
Niner backed up against the opposite canyon wall to shoot the last droid. He plugged away. "Roger that, Advisor. We'll be on the lookout." Niner signaled to his squad move on.
 Master Jimmy
06-03-2006, 2:46 PM
Hunter did as he was told and started shooting droids down as he made his way to the next rock.
 Jason Skywalker
06-03-2006, 2:58 PM
Raven followed Alpha,shooting droids along the way.
 Master Jimmy
06-04-2006, 1:13 AM
Hunter hid behind a rock but his shoulder was sticking out and that ended with him getting shot, "graa" Hunter moaned.
 Diego Varen
06-04-2006, 4:00 AM
Red-5 rolled in front of Hunter, protecting him from any shots and shot several Droids.
 RC-1162
06-04-2006, 8:01 AM
RC 1162, Flash, jumped off his speeder and clapped a clip into his blaster. The droids were being held off by Alpha Squad, but they would be overcome soon. Bringing up his blaster, Flash shot at them in rapid fire mode. Soon the last of the droids were being cleared up by Alpha Squad. Flash went up to Niner and extended his hand.

"RC 1270, I presume," he said. "RC 1162, Omega Leader. You can call me Flash. I'm here to watch your back and provide any assistance I can with my Squad."
 Niner_777
06-04-2006, 9:12 AM
"It's good to have you here, 62," Niner said. "Did you receive the objective from the Advisor?"
 RC-1162
06-04-2006, 12:18 PM
"Unfortunately, not fully. I was still being briefed when I received the command to back you up. Maybe you could fill me in?"
 Master Jimmy
06-04-2006, 1:41 PM
"give me a medpack, Red-5" groaned Hunter
 RC-1162
06-05-2006, 8:04 AM
"Need any help?" asked Flash.
 Niner_777
06-05-2006, 4:43 PM
Niner glanced over at Hunter and pulled out a medpack. "Well, we have report of a small trandosian outpost in the caves. We have to find it and capture the computer terminal. It has the access codes to the facility. We're going to need them in order to infiltrate the LVCP. We should be nearing the outpost," Niner informed Flash. "We'll know when we get there. The Trandoshans will be waiting to greet us."

Niner walked over to Hunter and helped him up. He looked at the wound. "It's not fatal," Niner said casually, getting to work on it. "I'll have you patched up in no time."
 Master Jimmy
06-05-2006, 6:21 PM
"Thanks" replied Hunter
 Niner_777
06-05-2006, 8:05 PM
"Let's get on with the objective," Niner rallied his squad. He checked his rifle before bringing it up. "Move out!"
 Master Jimmy
06-05-2006, 8:23 PM
Hunter followed Niner with a now healed shoulder.
Page: 1 of 5